World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [C] 742.03.20 | Green Things
~6:30pm, Zarel

Date of Birth
9.4.729, 15
Height
4'10"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Average, a bit skinny.
Hair
Brown, curly

Threads

Written By: KiTelli
The whole mood in the Weyr was dark after the thing with the Weyrleader and his family… He wasn’t sure of exact details, but he didn’t need to know them to know something bad had happened. He knew Mardarian, too. Or, had known him. They hadn’t been close, but the boy had been nice.

With all that had happened, Taydarell’s mood was more sullen than it already was. It was a rare time, candidate classes had let out just a tiny bit early, and it was still before dinner. Taydarell found himself wandering around near the lake without anything else to do, having finished his chores earlier in the afternoon.

A spot of color caught his eye, and he found a small bunch of flowers peeking out from between some boulders. Seeds must have carried on the wind and been waiting until now to start to bloom. It was nice to see the pretty colors after a cold and grey winter. Winter seemed so dead. And with so many terrible things happening lately—he’d heard of some things that happened to other riders, too—it was nice to see a little bit of something happy, and the cheerful flowers were just the thing.

He frowned in thought, though. Tradition said that the flowers should be removed, as green things were to be avoided, because Thread would take root if it got a hold of it, even if it were going to be turns before it ever fell again, if it did. Well, green things outside should be removed…Tradition didn’t say anything about green things inside.

Digging at the plant with his fingers, he scooped up as much of the dirt around it as he could and carried it back to the weyr he still shared with his brother. He wouldn’t move to the Candidate’s quarters until Iliyth clutched, and that was still months away. Cradling the plant in one hand, he fumbled through the cupboards until he found an old, dusty bowl at the back and brought it out, settling the plant inside. The bowl was a bit big, the plant sitting low and lopsided inside. He’d need more dirt. Grabbing a smaller cup, he bounded back to where he’d found the thing and scooped up some of the soil, heading back to the weyr with his mood lifted just a bit.

He stopped short, though, at the figure in the hall, standing outside his door, knocking on it. She hadn’t seen him yet. The thing on her shoulder crooned, and he felt his stomach knot up. He was still sad that he hadn’t Impressed that little bronze, who was looking really good. He sighed. It had been an accident. But it was still a stupid accident.

“What do you want, Zarel?” He asked, voice hollow. Seeing Zarel and that little bronze just reminded him how disappointed he was. “Sorry, I didn’t mean to scare you.” He mumbled, staring into the cup he carried.

PA - First Post!

Date of Birth
28.01.731, 14
Height
4'8"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Average
Hair
Brown

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Archived
Mardarian's death and the whole poisoning tragedy was all anyone was talking about, bringing the Weyr itself into dark thoughts and while Zarel was horrified over the whole ordeal, she had other things to think about. Like how she finally had what she'd been putting every extra minute toward for a whole month, an egg for Taydee. It wasn't a bronze but any egg was good for a person, it didn't matter if it was a specific colour -- Jasper crooned and fussed again, trilling at Taydee softly, his eyes whirling blue-green as Zarel made a soft oof sound.

Taydee's voice did give her a moment of fright but she tried to shake that off so she wouldn't be distracted and drop her precious bundle.

"Kinda want you to get over here and open the door," she said, "I have something very hot and very important for you and it can't wait much longer. I didn't work my arse off every day of the last month for the biggest green egg I've ever seen just for fun. Why're these pots always so awkward? I reckon it'll hatch today. It's been sorta tapping a bit, so maybe in the next hour. Jasper seems to think it's about ready, too."

Zarel paused and her voice dropped into something soft.

"She might net you a bronze one day," she said very quietly. "And more."

PA - First Post!

Date of Birth
9.4.729, 15
Height
4'10"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Average, a bit skinny.
Hair
Brown, curly

Threads

With a start, he covered the space to the door and pushed it open, very confused but with at least enough sense to ‘be a gentleman’ as T’pel always tried to get him to do. Even if he wasn’t sure Zarel deserved it. He bit his lip. No, she did still deserve to be treated nicely. She hadn’t meant to Impress his firelizard. It still hurt, but it wasn’t her fault.

Now, what was all this about a big green egg?

His nose wrinkled in a confused frown as she placed the pot next to the hearth, and he peered inside uncertainly. The frown morphed into wide-eyed surprise at the sight of the thing. It really was the biggest green egg he’d ever seen! Well, it was still small compared to other colors, but it was bigger than some blue eggs, maybe even bigger than the smallest browns! Of course, that was no indicator of how big it’d get full-grown, but still…

Now…why was it in a pot on his hearth? He blinked between the egg and Zarel, still not quite sure of what exactly she meant. He was sure she’d never wanted to talk to him again, after he’d yelled at her, and they both cried, and she walked away with his firelizard. So why was she bringing him an egg? Wasn’t that something you’d do for someone you actually liked?

“What…?” While he had been busy gawking at the egg, she’d pulled some meat rolls from a pocket or somewhere and set them beside the pot of sand and stepped back, out of the way, while the little bronze, Jasper, coo’d on her shoulder. “Ready for what?” A small bit of movement answered his question as the egg rocked slightly. ready to hatch… “Oh…”

It all fell together then: she’d brought him an egg in exchange for the one she took. Well…took accidentally. A pit opened up in his stomach then, and he felt hollow again. She really was nice, wasn’t she? She brought him an egg, even after he’d yelled at her. Granted, he thought she deserved it then, but he felt hollow ever since he yelled. So maybe she hadn’t…

“Thanks…”

He stood there for a second, not sure what exactly he should do, and remembered the cup of dirt in his hands. With a sharp breath, he bounced on his toes. “Oh, wait here.” He retrieved the bowl from the other room, dumping the dirt around the roots of the plant and bringing it back to the girl. “I…I’m sorry I yelled. I didn’t mean to. I was just…angry and sad, and disappointed. I didn’t mean to make you cry. Not really.”

PA - First Post!

Date of Birth
28.01.731, 14
Height
4'8"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Average
Hair
Brown

Threads

"It's okay. I was pretty sad that I Impressed your firelizard, too," Zarel said quietly. "I'm real sorry I Impressed your egg and I did try really hard to get him to you. I guess things are kinda stupid like that sometimes. I picked the biggest in the clutch for you, though."

She sat in one of the chairs furthest from the pot and smiled as it dawned on him that she'd come to do right by him.

"You're welcome, Taydee. Sorry it took so long, too, but I was doing chores to earn the egg. I didn't want you to think that I was just going to leave things as they were. It was awful and you deserve a firelizard that's pretty special."

They were all special, really. All the eggs and the firelizards in them. Jasper started to hum a moment later and she knew from him that there was a cluster of firelizards here and there coming to investigate.

"Oh! Listen, he knows the egg is going to hatch. That's definitely a Hatching hum. D'you want me to wait outside until it does or should I just stay right here out of the way?"

PA - First Post!

Date of Birth
9.4.729, 15
Height
4'10"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Average, a bit skinny.
Hair
Brown, curly

Threads

“I know you tried. Things are kinda stupid sometimes.” He awkwardly nudged the bowl with the flowers in it at her. “Here, you can have these. They’re pretty, like…” He trailed off, not sure where he was going with that. “Like those glass things your ma makes. They need water and sunshine. But they’re probably easier to take care of than a new-hatched firelizard.” A giggle escaped him at the thought of struggling to keep a growing flit fed, and he felt his stomach jump at the thought that he’d soon know what it felt like.

She asked if she should leave, and for a moment, he thought he might ask her to do just that. But, before he knew what he was saying, the words were already out of his mouth. “No, please stay…”

The words hung in the air, and he could almost feel them vibrating with the subtle humming coming from Jasper and the couple of firelizards that had joined from the neighboring weyrs. Tadarell had missed his friend. He missed playing and running across the bowl with her. He even kind-of missed her beating him in footraces. And, after their other friend had died, he had to admit he was feeling even lonelier the past couple of days.

The egg rocked in the pot of sand, it’s inhabitant ready to make her appearance very shortly. “Please…maybe you can hand me those meat rolls so I don’t have to fumble around for them when she hatches?”

PA - First Post!

Date of Birth
28.01.731, 14
Height
4'8"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Average
Hair
Brown

Threads

"Okay," she murmured as the humming intensified. Zarel moved to break apart the meatroll into easily scarfed down sections but stayed well away from the pot itself. Once she was done with that, she filled a bowl with water that would warm near the hearth and found a little towel to use for clean up.

Egg yuck was still egg yuck even after the firelizards had hatched and dried off. And then she found her little pot of oil she'd gotten off a healer. It smelled a little spicy but not at all like a girl.

"You can use this for her when her hide needs it," Zarel said with a nod. "I have more at my place. It's good for when things get flakey or dry, just like when dragons are little. I think this stuff smells better than the flowery ones the ladies all use."

She paused when he said the flower pot was hers and gave him a huge smile.

"Thanks. I'll take care of it proper-like, I promise." She tried not to snort giggle, thinking about a ravenous plant-lizard. "I'd hope it would be easier than having to wake up with a hungry firelizard at something awful in the morning. When I get it home, I'll put it in the sun for a while and make sure it has enough water."

PA - First Post!

Date of Birth
9.4.729, 15
Height
4'10"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Average, a bit skinny.
Hair
Brown, curly

Threads

The little bronze’s humming was felt, more than heard, and Taydarell practically buzzed for the excitement of it. In a rush of panic he thought he might need to use the privy, but dismissed the idea. He wouldn’t let that happen again.

The little green lady made her entrance in a much more subdued manner than Jasper had, delicately chipping at her shell instead of being forcibly ejected from it. Taking a moment to blink at the boy in front of her, her eyes whirled rainbow, then red, and she demanded to be fed with a warbling shriek.

With a wide grin, Taydarell pushed a piece of meat roll at her, careful to avoid the needle-sharp teeth and talons, and had another at the ready as he scooped her into his hands. She creeled with hunger, and Taydarell felt it himself, eating away at his stomach, and he knew, Impression had been made! He found a few tears trying to spill down his cheeks, and he wiped them away before Zarel could see. He was happy, after all, and there wasn’t any reason to cry. He stuffed a few more morsels into the little green’s tiny, open maw, and it wasn’t long before she settled against him, tail wrapped around his forearm. Still hungry, but at least satisfied for the moment.

His stomach growled. The hunger wasn’t entirely hers, he realized, as it was well into dinnertime by now. T’pel would be wondering where he was at. “Do you think she’ll be alright if I tuck her into my shirt? We should go get food for us, too. I think her being hungry is making me hungry…”

The little green folded into his tunic, he opened the door for the two of them, and risked a small hug as Zarel moved past him into the hall. “Thanks, Zarrie. For the egg. And for staying. What do think her name should be?”

PA - First Post!

Date of Birth
28.01.731, 14
Height
4'8"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Average
Hair
Brown

Threads

Oh, that was sweet the way she chipped away at her egg like that, Zarel thought and she was misty-eyed when he Impressed, truly. It was better than she could have foreseen.

"Yeah, I think she'll be fine if you just tuck her in like that. Jasper was a clingy thing until he got himself out of the hunger pains." She smiled as he hugged her and she half waved it away.

"You're welcome, Taydee. I'm just glad it worked out so well this time. You're right about food, though, I could eat. Makes me hungry just looking at you two."

With Hatching and Impression done, the other firelizards went back to wherever they had been in the first place and Zarel stroked Jasper's eyeridges for a moment. Even if his Impression hadn't been the way she wanted to go, it had been incredible.

"They should have something good tonight, as usual, and we won't be that late. She's a pretty thing, reminds me of jade or emerald, actually. I mean, Jasper's a stone, so're they. Maybe Emerald?"

PA - First Post!

Date of Birth
9.4.729, 15
Height
4'10"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Average, a bit skinny.
Hair
Brown, curly

Threads

“Emerald…” He rolled the word…the name…over in his head. She did have that sort of look, really. Like the rough, raw one he’d seen once at Ista before it got turned into jewelry for someone. “I like that. It suits her.”

Smells of yummy foods wafted up from the lower caverns, setting his mouth to watering and his stomach to growling even more. Emerald would probably want more food in a few minutes, too.

He smiled at his friend, as they walked, glad he could still call her that. He hoped he she would still think of him as a friend too, even if he wasn’t the nicest person those weeks ago. It didn’t matter if she Impressed his firelizard or not. She didn’t deserve to be yelled at. And he got a perfect little green, anyway. He still had a lot to learn if he was going to be a dragonrider, including being nice. Maybe Zarrie could help him sometimes. She seemed to be a pretty decent person. For a girl. She was nice. Like flowers. Or firelizards.

Like green things.

PA - First Post!

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)