World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [P] 742.03.05 | Beating Some Sense
11am | R'nar

A'mos
of Green Fayath

Date of Birth
20.10.718, 26
Height
6'4"
Eyes
Brown
Build
trim beef
Hair
Blonde

Threads

Written By: BardlyThere
I'm sorry. I didn't mean for you to get into trouble. The green's voice was a soft, hesitant whisper, but A'mos latched onto it, pausing at his current task to turn and kneel down to pat her head. "Hey, sweetheart. It's fine. It's not your fault. I just got a little mad and lost my temper trying to protect you."

Fayath shifted her weight uncomfortably, her tail curling around A'mos's leg for some security. I wish you didn't hit him... it was scary. He sighed, giving her another gentle scratch to her head. "I'm sorry, okay? But I can't just let him push you around and scare you on purpose and call you names just because he's having a shitty day." Though it had been satisfying to break V'lis's nose and take that asshole down a peg.

Though now of course he was stuck with cleaning all of the bed linens and blankets for the weyrling class, and probably more cleaning after that. He finished pulling the last sheet out from the wash tub and hung it up on the line to dry before gently tugging his leg free from Fayath's grasp so he could move to the line of blankets to start beating the dust and dirt out of them. It wasn't how he imagined his time going once he Impressed, but it still beat working in the mines. And at least his punishment made sense. He had punched a classmate after all, and even if V'lis deserved it (as far as A'mos was concerned) it was still against the rules.

That and it had upset Fayath a lot. She crawled closer to press against his legs as he whacked at a blanket with a club to release a cloud of dust. He heard footsteps approaching and turned to see a fellow green classmate and gave him a wave. "Hey, want your blanket back or just bored?" Hopefully it was just bored so that Fayath could have some company.

PA - First Post!

R'nar
of Green Anserath

Date of Birth
Height
6'3"
Eyes
Green
Build
Trim
Hair
Brown

Threads

Written By: Jenn
We don't have to come this way.

"I'm aware."

Then why are we?

"Because I want to," R'nar rolled his eyes at the green that bounced around beside him. Anserath hadn't wanted to get up and R'nar had poked and prodded the green until she did. He'd wanted to check her over, make sure she didn't need oiling but the green did nothing but make it difficult. "You're the most contrary thing," he muttered as they made their towards the sounds of thumping.

You just want to flirt with A'mos

"Is that such a bad thing?" he asked with a chuckle as they turned the corner in time to see the other green weyrling slapping a club against a blanket. He took the time to admire what he was seeing and Anserath rumbled with annoyance as he stopped momentarily. I suppose it's not that bad. I like Fayath, the little green conceded as they came to a stop. "Oh, a little bit of both," he answered A'mos, "More bored than anything and I thought I'd come and keep you company while you whacked everything."

Hi Fayath! the green burbled to her sister, Are you sad? Do you want R'nar to tell you a story?

PA - First Post!

A'mos
of Green Fayath

Date of Birth
20.10.718, 26
Height
6'4"
Eyes
Brown
Build
trim beef
Hair
Blonde

Threads

"Company is always welcome," A'mos said with a smile as he turned to glance at R'nar. The man was cute... which was a damn shame since the class was still under restrictions when it came to more intimate fun. At first that rule hadn't seemed so bad, after all it had been a while since he'd actually had a fling, but as time went on just knowing that things were forbidden were only making them more tempting. He reached down to give his little green another pat to remind himself that it was all still worth it.

Fayath circled around her boy's legs as she peered around them to study her sister and the other rider with caution for a moment. The friendly greeting and the promise of a story accompanied by her own rider's lack of concern lured her out though and she moved to gently bump into Anserath and settle down for a cuddle. I'm a little sad, I don't want mine to be in trouble for me. She tipped her head up to look at R'nar for a moment before turning to A'mos and then back before softly asking, Will you tell me a story?

A'mos chuckled. "Stories are fun. Oh and if you want anything else cleaned while you're here feel free to just add it to my pile. I'm sure once I'm done with all this they'll find more for me to do. Might as well give you first dibs."

PA - First Post!

R'nar
of Green Anserath

Date of Birth
Height
6'3"
Eyes
Green
Build
Trim
Hair
Brown

Threads

Written By: Jenn
"You might regret that offer," R'nar chuckled at the other greenrider and caught the assessing glance. He really did hate the whole couldn't have relations with other people thing about being a weyrling. His brother had warned him but D'sen was such a prude that R'nar doubt the man had any problems with the celibacy rule. He chuckled at his own thoughts as he dropped to the ground not too far from where A'mos was beating the blankets.

R'nar will help you not feel sad, he tells wonderful stories, the little green repeated herself as Fayath admitted she was a little sad. Anserath settled in next to Fayth and R'nar as she wrapped a wing over Fayath's back. Yeah R'nar! she burbled happily, Tell us a story, a good one. R'nar laughed at the exuberance of his green, knowing full well it didn't matter what story he told as long as he told one.

"Sure I'll tell you a story Fayath," he nodded and scratched Anserath's headknobs before booping Fayath on the nose, "Do you know what kind of story you want to hear? I know what kind Anserath wants but we'll give you the choice this time." He grinned at Anserath's disappointment, the green had wanted to pick the story but she did really good at not starting an argument about it.

"My jacket could use a good beating," he grinned at A'mos as he shucked the heavy wherhide jacket off his shoulders and handed it over to the other greenrider, "I'd offer my pants but I don't think that'd be a good idea."

PA - First Post!

A'mos
of Green Fayath

Date of Birth
20.10.718, 26
Height
6'4"
Eyes
Brown
Build
trim beef
Hair
Blonde

Threads

Fayath cuddled up to her sister, enjoying the feeling of security and the added warmth. She wasn't sure what sort of story she wanted, so she turned to look at A'mos, then Anserath and then up to R'nar before softly asking, Maybe a nice and happy story? She turned back to glance at her rider and saw him nodding in approval as he worked on beating the dust and dirt out of another blanket.

A'mos paused to take the jacket, doing his best to not eye R'nar's chest, and then especially not his pants. "Yeah, probably best to keep those pants on for now." It was hard to hide the tiny big of regret that he had, but he turned his attention back to his punishment, giving the jacket a thorough shake before draping it up on the line so that he could give it a few solid thwacks to shake it out even more.

He tried to focus on his task while Fayath was focused on R'nar's story, trying to get as much done as he could while she wasn't nervously attached to him. A'mos loved his precious little green, but she didn't always make things very easy on him. It was nice of his greenrider classmate to help keep her entertained, and every now and then A'mos kept glancing over. When there was a lull in the story he decided to ask, "You're a weyrbrat yeah? And your brother also Impressed recently? That must be exciting."

PA - First Post!

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)