World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [P] 742.02.27 | On the Shores of Indecision
Mid-noon | K'dar

Date of Birth
Height
5' 7"
Eyes
Light brown
Build
Willowy
Hair
Blonde, long, wavy

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Adoptable NPCs
The cliffhold caverns were dank and a bit dirty this time of year and Rakka was sick of it, sick of the smell, sick of the dampness, sick of everything that seemed to add up. As the daughter of the holder here, she had duties and such to attend to, was not as free as someone who lived in the cotholds not far from there. And she yearned for more. Ever since Takla had married and traveled what seemed halfway across Pern to live with her new husband Holder, Rakka had felt suspiciously like crying.

She missed her older sister, though she hated to admit it, they'd always had such a quarrelsome relationship. And yet, she would give almost anything to have her admittedly pretty sister here to talk to, talk about anything with, she couldn't have a conversation with any of her brothers (the few that were still in the hold, having been fostered out and all that). Her brown eyes looked over the scene and she sighed softly.

It was strange to be all the way out in Greenfields, she'd only been to Telgar Hold once, and that had been as a little girl... she was a woman now. A fully grown woman, and still living in this musky old hold that had been her home for her entire life. As she slipped down the worn path a slim figure clad in a clingy cream colored material. She didn't wear dark colors, or most colors really, the light suited her complexion just fine, and since it didn't need to be dyed it was cheaper... a win win. As she slipped away from the cave hold and towards the water, she wondered whether she'd be missed or not.

Probably not, she'd attended to all her chores, and while she no longer took lessons from the harper, she often slipped away to go have a chat with the aging man. That was not her purpose today though as she took the winding path down, nodding her head gravely to anyone who looked towards her. She was on the grassy plateau now, a beautiful expanse of green in the later months of spring and summer, but right now a dull, lifeless brown.

She liked it regardless though. She felt a chill run down her spine as a gust of wind picked up, carrying the fresh scent of the water from the south. In a short while she'd have to return, attend to more of the seemingly ever growing duties she must attend to, but right now, in the warmth of sun she didn't care about all that, she was free as a Dragon... well, not quite. She couldn't go anywhere she pleased... couldn't flicker between like the beasts of legend... and also reality. She remembered the feeling in her chest when she'd first learned that dragons were indeed alive. Alive and well. It had been akin to what she felt was flying was like.

Her lifelong dream to see a real live dragon had rekindled after she learned they were alive, though she had yet to really see one. She'd seen a few from afar, at least, she thought they were dragons... high up in the sky, but never had she met a dragon, were they as large as everyone said? Were their riders kind? Rude? Inhuman? All these questions rattled around in her head, at times it was all she could think about.

PA - First Post!

K'dar
of Bronze Tiberuth

Date of Birth
03.01.720, 25
Height
6'2"
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
fit, sadly less soft
Hair
Brown

Threads

Written By: BardlyThere
It was a beautiful day for fishing and K'dar was in a wonderful mood as Tiberuth soared through the bright sky. He scanned the terrain below, eyeing the river as it meandered its way southwest. Why haven't you decided where we are going yet? Because I haven't fished this area yet. The bronze huffed, beating his immense wings for a moment before diving down to get a better look. Just pick somewhere. It's all the same river. You know better than that, we've had this talk. That doesn't mean I have to listen or remember.

It wasn't that the bronze disliked these little fishing trips, but Malvayth had just moved to Telgar! How was he going to try and woo the gold if K'dar kept dragging him away on errands and trips? She clawed you when you tried to chase her, remember? A love tap! K'dar smirked in amusement, glad that at least the bronze had stopped blaming him for the incident. He was still scanning the landscape when he thought he spotted something, or rather someone standing out on a plateau, a spot of cream on the brown grass. Maybe chatting with a local would help him decide where to set up and cast his line.

With a gentle nudge, the bronze circled lower still, confirming what his rider suspected, there was indeed a woman standing out in the open. Tiberuth didn't need K'dar to remind him that holders could sometimes spook at his presence (a fact that he secretly enjoyed), so he found a spot to land that was far enough away that he probably wouldn't cause too much alarm. K'dar gave the woman a wave before unhooking himself and sliding off of the dragon's back to nimbly land on solid ground. "Hello! Sorry to bother you I'm just looking for a bit of advice!"

K'dar adjusted his well worn leathers, brushing himself off as he did his best to look as friendly and non threatening as possible while he walked towards the stranger. The bronze dragon, on the other hand, decided to march along behind in as stately a fashion as he could manage. It was good to show off every now and then after all. With a sigh, K'dar decided it was best to just ignore Tiberuth's antics for the moment and instead he focused on the woman, giving her another wave before stopping just close enough that he wouldn't have to shout. "I was wondering if you knew anything about the river, or knew any fishermen. I'm trying to decide where to set up and cast my line." Introductions, the dragon reminded him with a soft grumble. With a faint nod he added, "I'm K'dar of Bronze Tiberuth, a pleasure to make your acquaintance."

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Date of Birth
Height
5' 7"
Eyes
Light brown
Build
Willowy
Hair
Blonde, long, wavy

Threads

Brown eyes widened incrementally as a shape loomed in the skies above her. It was clear to see that it wasn't a bird, especially as it lazily spiraled down to land in the field she herself was on. It was a dragon, a Bronze dragon... a humongous Bronze dragon... beautiful. Her eyes were large as moons as she stared, mouth slightly agape at the beautiful creature before her.

She knew that a lot of holdfolk were irredeemably terrified of Dragons and Dragonfolk, but... how could something that beautiful be evil... or in the wrong? It just didn't compute in her brain. Her willowy figure swayed in the wind and she only half-saw K'dar dismount from his dragon as she stared eagerly at the enormous beast.

It was the first time she had actually been able to take a look at one, and she knew now why these creatures had captivated Pern with their regal beauty. And in that moment it was all she ever wanted to do, she knew she should probably be scared, this creature could snap her in half in an instant, and yet, it was a death she would prefer to anything... she thought.

She only half heart K'dar's words as she looked at the dragon, for once in her life silenced, though that silence did not last long as she finally turned to give K'dar a quick look. Under different circumstances she might have blushed, instead, she extended her right hand out, palm up in the formal manner of greeting.

"Rakka, daughter of Grast Holder." Was her... well not exactly composed response, she was eager, bursting at the seams so many things that she had to say, but duties and formalities first. "A pleasure." She agreed, before her tongue loosed from it's frozen nature and wagged away. "That's a dragon! A real dragon, he's so... so large, beautiful... regal stately amazing!" She blabbered on in the most undignified manner for a holders daugther.

"I've always dreamed of seeing a dragon, and... and now I am! What a wonderful creature! The songs don't do him justice... he's..." She trailed off at a loss for words to describe him. "Right, fishing... umm my uncle likes to fish along the river where the rocks fell down to create a partial walkway across... I can show it to you maybe." She hesitated, she was reluctant to leave the dragon, the beautiful dragon, she gazed up at his eyes in disbelief mingled with awe.

PA - First Post!

K'dar
of Bronze Tiberuth

Date of Birth
03.01.720, 25
Height
6'2"
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
fit, sadly less soft
Hair
Brown

Threads

Tiberuth straightened ever so slightly, standing a bit taller, letting his wings flare ever so slightly to help enhance his own sense of majesty as the holder girl stared in awe. He basked in the babbling praise, finding this just as acceptable reaction as fear from a strange human. K'dar couldn't help but turn to look back at his dragon with a raised eyebrow. You look ridiculous. The dragon's voice was haughty in his mind, Regal, that is the word you are looking for. Didn't you hear her? "Right... I suppose that is a word for it."

He turned his attention back to the young lady, and did his best to give her a smile and not worry about his dragon's already overly large head getting larger. Still, K'dar couldn't help but be a little proud too. "He is quite the sight." The casual mention of a fishing uncle stole his attention back though. That was the entire reason he was here after all, and if he could get a local tip then all the better. "Where the rocks make a partial walkway across? If you could show me that would be fantastic!"

I think she is far less interested in fishing than you are, Tiberuth said as he tilted his head to curiously observe Rakka, his eyes swirling with amusement. K'dar watched her for a moment, noting how obviously enamored she was with the bronze. "Is there room at the river there for Tiber to land? He can always catch up once we get there if you wanted to take a closer look at him." Perhaps bribing her with the dragon's presence would help get him to his fish.

Date of Birth
Height
5' 7"
Eyes
Light brown
Build
Willowy
Hair
Blonde, long, wavy

Threads

Rakka's attention was divided, there was a nice seeming Dragonrider asking questions of her, and yet, the imposing image of the dragon nearly blocking the sunlight. She parted her lips and let out a silvery laugh of delight. She, Rakka of Greenfields was nearly close enough to a dragon to touch it... she was talking to a Dragonrider it was nearly too much for her, but as she breathed deeply, as she'd learned from past faux pas to calm herself down somewhat, she listened to K'dar, though her gaze more often than not strayed towards the shiny creature instead. A bronze dragon, and a Dragonrider here to... fish?

She didn't know that Dragonriders fished, though she supposed that they had to have some... things they did. She remembered fishing herself, with her uncle. As a child she'd loved it, in part, because Takla had hated it, but now... she was ambivalent, fish were gross and sticky, until cooked, then they were moist, succulent and delicious, she did like fish. "There should be just enough room, though I think it'll be a tight squeeze." How accurate were dragons at landing? She asked herself as she looked between rider and dragon. "Is his name Tiber? That doesn't sound like any of the names in the songs..." She sounded disappointed as she heard K'dar speak of his dragon as though it were any common weyrfolk.

"Yes, I can take you." She finally decided. Neither of her parents could have any qualms with her showing kindness and hospitality to a dragonman after all... and oh, wouldn't her older brothers be amazed that little weak Rakka had spent... however much time she would end up spending with this Dragonrider... "It's thataway." She pointed dramatically towards a copse of trees in the distance. A gust of wind picked up and blew her hair undramatically into her face, mostly her eyes and mouth, and with some spitting, sputtering, and waving of her hands, she managed to get it under control, served her right for not plaiting it properly before she headed down here.

PA - First Post!

K'dar
of Bronze Tiberuth

Date of Birth
03.01.720, 25
Height
6'2"
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
fit, sadly less soft
Hair
Brown

Threads

"Oh, his name is properly Tiberuth, but sometimes I shorten it. He sometimes tolerates it from others as well." K'dar scratched at his chin as he considered if it was particularly odd that he shortened his dragon's name regularly. He wasn't the only one he knew, but he supposed Rakka was right, he hadn't heard a teaching ballad that shortened the names like that. While he was more than used to life with dragons, and especially his own, he supposed a holder might see things a bit differently. Of course she sees things differently. She appreciates my grandeur properly.

K'dar decided against indulging in the bronze dragon's ego for the moment, at least in this regard. He could be confident that the bronze, though not the biggest of his peers, was nimble enough to make a tight landing. Perhaps we could demonstrate my flying prowess with a proper ride and make it a much shorter trip to your fishing spot. Oh no, K'dar thought back, immediately putting a stop to that idea. He had not brought any extra gear for passengers, and while such a short ride might have been fine to take a friend or even a weyrbrat along, he was not about to risk dropping a holder girl. Especially the Holder's daughter.

The wind picking up just a little was another good reason to not bring a passenger along for the ride, he could only imagine S'far's disappointed voice scolding him for taking such a risk, and also for not bringing along extra straps and being unprepared. Still, if he was going to be scolded by the Weyrleader (even in his imagination), he'd rather it be for just one thing at a time. K'dar did his best to not snicker or smirk at the tangle of hair that was kicked up, waiting for Rakka to become a bit more composed before he gestured. "Lead the way, if I see enough space for Tiberuth to join us he will." After another gust of wind he couldn't help but glance over at the hold girl. "A bit breezy today. Is it always like that here?"

Date of Birth
Height
5' 7"
Eyes
Light brown
Build
Willowy
Hair
Blonde, long, wavy

Threads

"Tiberunth..." Rakka breathed enraputred by the beautiful name of the dragon... oh how she wished she could converse with a dragon... what would they say? What would they talk about? Rakka had thousands of questions about dragons and Weyrs, and had she been a boy she was certain she could have been fostered closer to the dragons, studied them... was there a craft hall for dragons, or was that, essentially what the Weyrs were? Dragon crafthalls.

The thought on par with a revaluation in her young mind rocketed her away for a few moments before she returned to reality. Plain old boring reality. The reality that she would probably be married in the next year or two, would have an entire brood of bratty children, and would most likely never get to meet another dragon or rider again. Men had all the fun. She watched the face of the dragonrider, what had he said his name was? She searched through her memory of today, a jumble of fractured information. K'something... K'dar, that was it.

As she finally got her hair under control, she turned her brown eyes from Tiberunth with an audible sigh. She was sure she'd see the grand beast again, but she loathed to leave... just staring at the dragon could give her a sense of fulfilment. Was that how the Dragonriders felt? She tried to airily flip the hair still clinging to her neck and shoulders over, and to her back, but the dratted hair clung to her hand, and she was forced to untangle it before giving as composed a response as she was possibly able to manage through the unseemly desire to giggle.

There was nothing to laugh about, she had all but humiliated herself with that dratted wind, and now her hair, seeming to have a life of it's own, had clung stubbornly to her hand as if for dear life. She nodded demurely a tight expression on her lips, oh the urge to laugh was great... but not dignified, and she had to conduct herself at least semi-properly before this Dragonrider, she couldn't disgrace the hold. Her lip twitched almost imperceptivity before she gained control over her voice.

Head tilted slightly upwards she strode purposefully towards the copse of trees, her slender, willowy form highlighted by the winds blowing her skirt against her legs, and her blouse against her torso. "Usually before a storm... I'd say there's a good day before it hits, but..." She trailed off, who was she to make predictions, she was just a girl after all, and while she had experience with the changes of weather... it wasn't like she could definitively say when a storm would hit, "It could just be nothing, the winds often pick up before the spring." She thought back to the gale the year prior, winds whipping around, some cotholds had been destroyed by the vicious winds, while others had been battered beyond recognition. The entire populous of Greenfields had been evacuated into the cavehold, and that had been a tight squeeze.

Rakka had wanted to be out watching the storm, but settled for peering from the entrance every now and then. A tiny thing like her couldn't afford to be out in winds stronger than her, she had had the image of herself dashed to pieces against the cavern mouth from her own sheer stupidity for being out in the storm. That image still carried with her, though it hadn't come true... caution... she supposed, was important... not taking risks that could end ones life. Her booted feet helped her cross the ground quickly, but after a few minutes of walking she slowed and turned her head wistfully towards the dragon further away now, and then to K'dar. Was it okay to converse with a Dragonrider? Was she about to commit an unforgivable sin? "How long have you... you know, been a Dragonrider?" She asked, brown eyes eager.

PA - First Post!

K'dar
of Bronze Tiberuth

Date of Birth
03.01.720, 25
Height
6'2"
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
fit, sadly less soft
Hair
Brown

Threads

K'dar couldn't help but be glad that he kept his own hair cut short as he watched Rakka struggle with the wind. If it kept up or picked up too much more he'd probably have to cut his fishing trip short and come back some other time, which wasn't ideal but if all fishing trips were perfect they'd hardly be as entertaining and worthwhile. And besides, he thought to himself, if he could at least confirm a good spot for the future, then the trip would still be well worth it.

He gave Rakka a curious glance, wondering if he should try to offer a bit of string to help tie her hair back, but he remembered something about Hold folk being easily embarrassed, even by things they couldn't control like the weather and its effects. If she asked he'd dig through his pockets, but for now he decided to just stick with following along as she led the way. "Hopefully the storm isn't too bad. If one comes. I'd rather not get caught out... a friend was struck by lightning not too long ago and it was not an especially speedy recovery."

Tiberuth wasn't as concerned, as confident as always in his ability to handle the weather, he stretched out his wings to test the wind as he the two humans walked further away, waiting until a delightfully dramatic moment when Rakka was watching to launch himself back into the air to lazily circle overhead until his rider got a better visual for him of his landing site. K'dar turned his head to watch his dragon in the sky for a moment before returning to his guide. "Two and a half years, I didn't Impress as early as some of my other siblings did."

He smiled as they continued on their way to the promised fishing hole, thinking back to how worried he'd initially been that perhaps he wasn't cut out for a dragon, and the immense pride and joy when Tiberuth had chosen him. Sure, the bronze was sometimes a handful, sometimes sassy, but K'dar wouldn't trade him for anything else in the world. "It's a wonderful thing, but hard to explain or understand. Not even a firelizard comes close, really."

I am far superior to any of those tiny pests, the bronze commented with a vocal rumble that K'dar could hear as the dragon soared overhead. He thought he saw a good place to land where he thought they were going and decided to land a bit early, before anyone could get in his way. It was a tight fit, but with some clever turning and tilting he landed gracefully enough to still feel like it counted as showing off, and while he waited he settled down by the river, casually dipping his tail into the chill water.

Date of Birth
Height
5' 7"
Eyes
Light brown
Build
Willowy
Hair
Blonde, long, wavy

Threads

As she kept glancing back at the great beast, she was rewarded with the image of him taking off in the winds, it didn't seem so hard for him as it might a smaller creature. But she supposed the wind would not easily sway a creature of this proportion, a gale perhaps, but wind, albeit picking up, absolutely not.

She was unware of his thoughts of relative kindness, though if he had offered her help with her hair she would certainly have been mortally embarrassed and most likely, have died on the spot. No, she was just going to have to suffer through this windy day with her hair being whipped back and forth, if the wind were blowing directly on her face perhaps she'd look at least a bit less crazy, but because the wind was blowing from an angle, her unruly mass of golden hair would not cooperate.

She inclined her head as they continued walking, her attention only half on K'dar as the dragon spiraled lazily above them, a picture of grace. At the mention of fire lizards a wistful expression crossed her face, she'd never seen one, though she'd always dreamed of seeing one, meeting one... maybe even... secretly in her mind, having one of her own.

"You have brothers?" She asked in some surprise, for some reason she'd thought that dragonriders were often only children... or maybe she hadn't really thought of the idea that dragonriders had siblings who were also dragon riders. It was mindblowing. As they neared the rocky pathway across the river, she turned to see Tiberuth landing in the tight space near the fishing site.

And finally they were here at the spot. "Her it is, my uncles favorite fishing spot." She could talk about how she used to fish with her uncle when she was little, but she really didn't think K'dar wanted to hear that, and besides she wanted to meander over to where the great bronze dragon was, and get another look at his beautiful eyes. But just wandering off would be rude, wouldn't it. "How many brothers do you have?" She asked with some interest.

PA - First Post!

K'dar
of Bronze Tiberuth

Date of Birth
03.01.720, 25
Height
6'2"
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
fit, sadly less soft
Hair
Brown

Threads

At first K'dar had just nodded to confirm that he had brothers as his eyes swept along the water, noting the eddies tucked away behind the rocks that interrupted the current, looking for underwater plants and debris in general that fish might enjoy lurking in. The wind and general churn made the water a bit murky, too much so to have any chance of spotting tiny fish darting about much less larger fish that might hunt them, but it held a lot of promise. The shore was even good, rocky enough that it wasn't made of treacherous boot stealing mud, had enough room for Tiberuth to be nearby, there was a higher spot to camp on if he wanted to stay overnight.

Though it was her uncle's spot she'd mentioned and he would not want to feel like he was trespassing. If he ever ran into the man he'd have to just apologize, hope for understanding, and be ready to vacate. Or just claim it as your own. No, that would be rude. If we're going to lead a Weyr one day we'll have to at least try to be polite to the Holders you know. You mean you will have to be polite, the dragon corrected. Fair enough I suppose.

The repeated question about his brothers made K'dar blink in surprise. "How many? Ah..." he did a quick mental count of his siblings before answering. "Currently five brothers, two... no, three sisters." He'd almost forgotten about Casa for a moment, but she still counted as far as he was concerned, even if she had been a rather recent discovery. "What about you? Any siblings?" He imagined that she did at least. From what he'd seen of Holder families they tended to have a lot of children.

Date of Birth
Height
5' 7"
Eyes
Light brown
Build
Willowy
Hair
Blonde, long, wavy

Threads

Her brown eyes narrowed slightly at her comment being brushed off, she couldn’t expect to be the wittiest or prettiest of girls, but a nod? That’s all she rated? Frustrated she watched the man as he surveyed the murky waters. She supposed if it was good enough for her uncle it would be good enough for this Dragonrider. After all her uncle knew loads more about fishing than this young man... or was he so young? She’d heard from somewhere that Dragonriders did not age as quickly as commonfolk. She wondered if that were true. Would it be rude to ask?

At her second attempt to wheedle information from the Bronze rider, her question met with a more favorable response from him. She glanced back towards the dragon, still in awe of his grace and beauty, before turning back to the man. Five brothers and two-no three sister? That was similar to herself. “I have six brothers and one sister living.” The last word tacked on brought memories of her littlest brother, taken too soon from the world.

Truth be told, she’d trade any of her siblings, or even herself to bring little Cenden back. Wishful thinking of course. She shook her head and looked up, it was not uncommon for there to be many deaths in Hold families. The more kids the more opportunity for death. She threw a fake smile onto her face and continued. “How do you like it? Being a Dragonrider? What’s it like soaring above holds and mountains and rivers?! Is it lonely up there?” While she still had a lot of questions, some of the sparkle had been robbed from her voice for the time being. She stole another look at Tiberuth, and somehow felt better, though why looking at the large creature would do that for her she didn’t understand.

PA - First Post!

K'dar
of Bronze Tiberuth

Date of Birth
03.01.720, 25
Height
6'2"
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
fit, sadly less soft
Hair
Brown

Threads

Living. It was an interesting descriptor to add to a list of siblings and it reminded K'dar of Lintian and the land slide. He had purposefully not counted him in his tally of siblings to try and avoid any awkward conversations, especially about that terrible day. Instead he tried to just be polite and nod again. "That is quite the family."

From what he'd learned since returning north, (and what he'd learned from hanging out with Yfris), many children were rather common in holder families, though they usually shared the same parents, or at least pretended to. Tiberuth gave a loud yawn, stretching his wings as he tried to draw a little bit more attention his way rather than have to sit and listen to more talk about siblings. He had to put up with enough of that from K'dar fretting and worrying and trying to make sure that his family was safe and sound. All a noble goal, the dragon was sure, but certainly not necessary right now.

So the talk about being a Dragonrider was a much preferred change of pace for Tiberuth at least and he puffed up proudly. K'dar grinned, chuckling softly. "I love it. There's nothing quite so thrilling as flying over everything and getting a good look at everything. And no, never lonely. I've got Tiberuth with me after all." He tapped on his head. "You're never alone once you have a dragon."

Date of Birth
Height
5' 7"
Eyes
Light brown
Build
Willowy
Hair
Blonde, long, wavy

Threads

Brown eyes studied K’dar’s features for a moment, the giant form of the dragon forgotten momentarily. Rakka’s mouth opened slightly, forming yet another question, before she snapped her mouth determinedly shut. She mentally cursed herself for having brought up such an uncomfortable subject.

She frowned at her feet, studying the muddied boots and then finally up at K’dar again, gaze flickering quickly over to the bronze dragon who had fanned his wings as indicating that he should be the center of the conversation. And that he should, dragons were far better topics of conversations than deceased siblings.

As the conversation shifted to being a Dragonrider, Rakka felt her heart thump. She didn’t exactly mind being alone, but it sounded amazing to have a lifelong companion, a dragon to be there with you... with her. Brown eyes were dreamy for a few moments as she stared off into space, in the direction of the beautiful great big Bronze dragon. A birds eye view... that was what riding a dragon afforded you.

Perhaps... if she played her cards right, this Dragonrider would come back to fish, and maybe give her a ride? She began to think, an idea to push her own machinations on this Dragonrider. Though, she supposed, he was probably used to the wiles of women who wanted something. Rakka pursed her lips, and then spoke. “That sounds amazing!” Before she could say anything else her mind ran off on another tangent. “What is between like?! Is it really nothingness?” She asked eagerly, the idea of being suspended in nothing truly frightened her like nothing else ever could. But at the same time it sounded exhilarating.

PA - First Post!

K'dar
of Bronze Tiberuth

Date of Birth
03.01.720, 25
Height
6'2"
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
fit, sadly less soft
Hair
Brown

Threads

As soon as Rakka asked about between all he could think of was Cazan and her wild theories she'd brought with her about how the dark and cold void was full of ghosts. He had no idea how common that particular rumor was among holders, but his brother's mate was vocal enough about it that he'd heard other people starting to talk about it too, though whether she really was the source or just reminding them of other things they'd heard in the past he wasn't entirely sure. Everything K'dar had ever heard about involving ghosts was when he was a boy huddled around a campfire listening to and telling spooky stories.

"Well for one it is definitely not haunted. No ghosts at all, I don't care what anyone says or what you've heard. Going between can be dangerous if you don't have a good bond with your dragon and a good picture of your destination in mind, it's entirely possible you won't come back. But that has absolutely nothing to do with ghosts." There, hopefully K'dar had nipped that particular bit of superstition in the bud, if it had existed at all. He still wasn't entirely sure how wide spread that was. For all he knew it could have just been at Ista or wherever it was that Cazan was from.

He scratched at his chin as he considered Rakka's actual question though. "It is rather empty. And cold. I don't really think about it while I'm there, if anything I suppose it's a bit calm? It's just me and Tiberuth and I suppose any passengers we carry, just waiting in the emptiness until we come back out at our destination. If anything sometimes the destination is more worrying, especially if there's a storm."

Date of Birth
Height
5' 7"
Eyes
Light brown
Build
Willowy
Hair
Blonde, long, wavy

Threads

Wide eyes followed K'dar's facial movements as he seemed to consider her question, only occasionally darting to Tiberuth, she wished impossibly that she could talk to the dragon... but that was unthinkable, and she settled for listening to K'dar speak. Haunted? She'd heard that superstition once or twice, but since the teaching songs had nothing about between being haunted, Rakka hadn't put much store into it.

That was, until how emphatic K'dar was about it not being haunted. Her eyes rolled slightly to the side, an extremely disrespectful gesture towards an older person, and a dragonrider... though could he really be that much older than herself? She peered at him suspiciously.

Finally he got to the good stuff, the nothing, the emptiness... but... that was it? A pouting frown sprouted on her lips, and she looked at him, cold and empty? That was it? She had somehow expected more... something interesting but the reality was boring. The wind picked up again, blowing her heavy skirt around her legs, and her hair back into her face.

She spluttered in annoyance, brushing vainly at the hair which clung to her face, in her nose and mouth. Stupid hair, she wanted to cut it all off right now. If she had a belt knife she might have done it. Sticking her tongue out several times in an attempt to get the hair out of her mouth, she looked over at Tiberuth.

"Does he ever get lonely? With you doing other things?" She sort of understood that riders didn't always ride their dragons... though the idea of a Dragonrider doing something other than flying was a foreign one to her... the idea that this man fished was also foreign to her. But she posed the question emboldened by their previous conversation. She may not be as bold if she talked to a different rider, but... that probably wouldn't happen.

Many holders never really met or talked to a Dragonrider once in their lives, she couldn't expect to speak to one twice or thrice, now could she. That would be preposterous. She stuck out her tongue again, hair still seeming to cling to it, and ungracefully plucked the offending hair from her tongue with her slender white fingers.

PA - First Post!

K'dar
of Bronze Tiberuth

Date of Birth
03.01.720, 25
Height
6'2"
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
fit, sadly less soft
Hair
Brown

Threads

K'dar couldn't help but laugh at the disappointment evident on her face at his simple explanation of between. "That's all there is to it I'm afraid. It's hard to explain until you see it yourself." It wasn't often that he encountered disappointment as a reaction to the vast cold emptiness of between and it was oddly refreshing. Hopefully she didn't think he was laughing at her misfortune with the wind. Just in case he said, "Sorry, not laughing at you, it's just funny for someone to be so disappointed in hearing about it. Normally people think it's rather spooky or unnerving."

He considered the question about Tiberuth, looking back towards the dragon for a moment. "Lonely? Not because of me, no. Even when we're physically apart we're always together in a way. And he spends his time with other dragons, socializing." Or flirting, more accurately, though K'dar didn't want to say as such. He'd let the dragon seem some sort of noble creature instead of a pompous asshole trying to impress the ladies. Not that he thought that was all there was to the dragon. Underneath all of that was a love for adventure and exploring, learning new things and growing. He just needed a little more time to settle down. Or at least K'dar hoped that with a little time the dragon would settle down.

Tiberuth let out a low grumble, not quite a growl, just a small irritated sound as he glanced at his rider. I do not need to settle down. Are you going to fish or not? K'dar chuckled, making the dragon look away petulantly. "Don't mind any grumping from him. He's just annoyed with me. Probably because he's carrying all of my gear for no reason since I don't think I want to risk the weather and stay long enough to fish. This time at least. I will be coming back, so hopefully your uncle doesn't mind."

Date of Birth
Height
5' 7"
Eyes
Light brown
Build
Willowy
Hair
Blonde, long, wavy

Threads

Rakka's wide brown eyes flashed as he laughed while she struggled to tame her wild wind-strewn hair. Really, it seemed as if the elements were purposefully trying to make a fool out of her! Well, she wouldn't let them. His next words of placation calmed her growing temper, and she subsided, the retort dying on her lips... perhaps he was laughing at her, but she couldn't very well snap at him after he'd apologized.

Well, she could but she shouldn't. She supposed there was a very real difference between the two. "Why's that? It just... it seems so big and interesting, and the way you describe it is... kinda flat." She interjected, and while she privately hoped that one day she could experience it herself she wouldn't- "I don't suppose you'd be willing to show me between one day?" She asked, blinking her large brown eyes as coquettishly as possible, -there she went again, her mouth running away from her.

Rakka listened curiously as K'dar talked of Dragon's having oneanother for company. Her mouth parted slightly at the image of multiple dragons... so far she'd just seen this one dragon up close, and it was more regal and beautiful than she could have ever imagined, her gaze fixed on the great beast in admiration, before she snapped out of it. She was about to say something when she heard the beast make a noise, and cocked head to one side.

K'dar explained it to her, and she nodded gravely, though inwardly she was deflating. "Oh-" she paused, "-I see." It was too bad that the wind had picked this day to be such a nuisance. She had rather been hoping to be able to watch him, and possibly comment on his technique. She was no master fisherman, but she'd picked up some information here and there. "That's too bad really. I hope you'll come back though!" She spoke fervently, waving a hand at his last words, and dismissively commenting, "He won't mind too much. He's got a lot of respect for Dragonriders." Most of the hold did, in fact.

Who wouldn't respect and or fear the giant beasts which could so easily snap you in half if they chose to do so.

PA - First Post!

K'dar
of Bronze Tiberuth

Date of Birth
03.01.720, 25
Height
6'2"
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
fit, sadly less soft
Hair
Brown

Threads

"Well I always thought that between was a little underwhelming. It's cold, but it's gone in a flash, just a momentary little stop on the way to a destination." K'dar couldn't help but smile at the boldness of Rakka's request and tilted his head a moment as he considered. "Maybe. Next time I'll come I'll make sure to bring extra straps so that I can take a passenger just in case. No promises though, not unless you've got some books to trade."

You and your books... at least you are getting something out of these sorts of agreements though and not just giving our time away like you do for Mylorah. She's my sister, of course I'm going to take her wherever she wants. You could spend more time with your more entertaining friends. Probably a better investment. K'dar decided against engaging in further conversation; the last thing he needed was to let his dragon embarrass him in front of a holder.

He turned his attention back to Rakka and nodded, smiling amicably. "I will definitely be back, just hopefully when the weather is a bit nicer. And I am glad that your uncle won't mind. If he does want to fish and I happen to be here I can easily make room for him I'm sure."

K'dar turned his eye to the sky, it didn't look like the weather would be letting up and he really should get going soon. Now he just had to bid Rakka farewell without appearing too rude. What would the fancy lordlings from his books? Or Yfris for that matter? Yfris would probably just seduce her, the book lordlings would likely do some sort of sophisticated and suave sort of thing like kiss her hand. Both options seemed a bit over the top for the current situation so instead he just gave her a bow. "It was a pleasure to meet you, Rakka, thank you for your help. Hopefully I'll see you again sometime."

Tiberuth stretched and lazily walked over so that K'dar could easily climb up onto his back, and then as he was turning to walk away for his takeoff, he casually brushed his tail against the young woman. It was a silly little thing, but he couldn't help but tease just a little bit before he launched himself in the sky for the trip home. They circled overhead for a moment, partially so he could further show off and partially to make sure they got a good mental image of the area to latch onto in the future, and then they were gone into between that was definitely not haunted.

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)