World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [P] 742.02.24 | Zory's Big Hold Adventure
11am | Zoremet, Lazerat

A'tay
of Bronze Xyxyth

Date of Birth
17.06.724, 20
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Slim
Hair
Blonde, short, messy

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
It had been decided that a trip into the Hold would be the perfect way to spend a brotherly bonding day. Sometimes they hung out in his weyr while he worked on a wood project and Zoremet did some knitting and sometimes they let Xyxyth take them somewhere so they could wander and explore. They were pretty evenly matched in temperament and interests so either activity was always appreciated. But it was time to switch it up a bit and an excursion into the Hold seemed fun.

They had left late morning and had wandered through a few vendors—including one that was full of colourful yarn. After an eternity and both of their bags stuffed with Zoremet’s new treasures, they had continued on their way—and then it was A’tay’s turn to drool as they found the local master woodcrafter’s shop. He’d been trying to figure out a pattern for a crib for T’ryn and Cazan’s upcoming baby and this was his chance to ask whomever was working for some advice and pick up some materials as well.

“I promise I won’t be long. I just want to maybe set up a time where I can come back and talk with someone and maybe grab some new tools. I’ll be right back, don’t move.” A’tay tried to be stern with his barely younger brother but it wasn’t in his nature any more than it was Zoremet’s. But he knew his brother’s attention span had a short limit. Still, he didn’t think he’d be gone that long to really worry.

He was wrong.

It had only been maybe five minutes when A’tay came back out and didn’t see Zoremet or either one of their firelizards anywhere in sight. He heaved a sigh and shook his head. “Not again.”

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Date of Birth
02.12.724, 20
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde

Threads

Written By: BardlyThere
It had been such a fun and exciting day! Zoremet had gotten rides to the occasional Gather, but he always just stuck close to a friend and danced and ate strange foods and drank strange things and cuddled while listening to the Harpers. So this was his first time properly visiting a Hold as far as he was concerned, and his first time visiting Ista. It was crowded and bustling with activity, found some interesting places to shop in, and his brother had been kind enough to help add to his little pile of marks when they found the yarn shop!

A'tay really was his favorite sibling, not that the others weren't fun to hang around with. They just had a really good time quietly sitting near each other working on their various projects. And sometimes his girlfriend would cuddle if she was around and not doing something else already so that was a nice little bonus as well. Maybe he should knit them both some sort of matching thing, or maybe a blanket they could both use. He nodded absently as A'tay said something and started to look through the yarn in his bag wondering what colors would be best.

When Zoremet looked up, his brother was gone. This wasn't especially surprising or distressing, A'tay probably just hadn't noticed that he'd stopped to check his bag. And the firelizards were both nearby scampering across some crates. He waved Pit down and Shadow followed along. "Okay Shadow, let's go find him."

The blue gave him a merry little chirp and flew off with Pit not far behind. Zory took it as another good sign as he followed along, taking his time to look at all the vendors they passed by and followed a few twists and turns through some winding alleyways. It was just so big and there was so much to look at! Eventually he rounded a corner and could see docks with ships gently bobbing in the water and the sight was so captivating that he did not even see the other man on his path until he turned just in time to smack his nose into his chest.

He quickly backed away, wincing as he rubbed his face. "Ow! I'm so sorry, I've been doing this a lot lately and I wasn't paying attention and..." Zoremet's voice trailed off as he looked to see who it was he'd bumped into, staring up at the tall, dark, handsome, vaguely familiar man. Oh. It was Zelly's brother! He'd met him very briefly at the hatching and now he was here and they were alone and he was just looming in some quiet handsome sailor way and Zory was having trouble not just staring at him.

Date of Birth
13.02.722, 23
Height
6'2
Eyes
Light brown
Build
Trim
Hair
Brown, shoulder length

Threads

Lazerat had been back on land all of an hour. His father kept insisting he didn't need to continue going on the voyages and his time was better spent learning more of the bookkeeping but Lazerat always found an excuse to go. It was a special shipment, it was a route he hadn't gone one, the crew was short and he could help... anything to get out of what was starting to bore him. He thought he had loved the work his father did but Lazerat was now discovering it was his desire to be the dutiful son that was responsible that liked it.

He was lost in thought, wondering when he should finally give in and plunk his ass down at a desk and keep it there when a boulder came tumbling through the Hold and tried to knock him over. He took a couple of steps back before regaining his balance and noted that it wasn't a boulder but a very apologetic blonde man that seemed somewhat familiar.

He gave a bemused smile as the blonde's words sank in. "Do you greet people like it's a contact sport regularly? Do you tackle them to the ground when you really like or dislike them?" He couldn't decide which it would be. A tackling hug could knock them over but an angry shove as a greeting could work as well.

"Forgive me, I know we've met..." Lazerat trailed off as he remembered where and gave a bright smile. "The Hatching! You're one of my sister's friends and a brother to her boyfriend. But that was a hell of a night and a lot of names and faces. Starts with a Z, I think?" He rubbed at his chin as he tried to remember the not-quite-a-boulder's name.

PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Date of Birth
02.12.724, 20
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde

Threads

"I... not regularly, and not on purpose..." Zoremet was absolutely mortified and turning redder by the moment. Lazerat's smile and recognition did little to help that as he eagerly nodded and grinned. "Yes! I'm Zoremet, but you can call me Zory or Zormy or even just Z that would be fine too if you wanted." The handsome sailor brother knew his name! Or at least part of it! He'd wanted to talk to him a bit more after the hatching but with everything going on he'd gotten distracted and pulled away by other things and then completely lost track of the man and had only been able to pout at Zelly for letting her brother escape.

But he was here now and just as handsome as Zory remembered. He realized he was staring and quickly tore his gaze away to look at anything else and saw the ship again. He gestured to it, "Zelly said you sail right? What's that like? I've never been on one. How do you not get lost when you're on the water? I get lost easily enough when there are landmarks... like now." Zoremet frowned a moment and shook his head as he corrected himself. "Actually I'm not lost yet, I just can't find A'tay. He's somewhere but it's probably fine."

Zoremet shifted his weight a moment nervously before looking up at Lazerat. "Are you busy? Maybe you can help me find him? Or just show me around, this is my first time here... unless it would be a bother. I wouldn't want to interrupt if you were doing anything." Hopefully he could get a little bit more time with Lazerat, and even if he didn't maybe he could sneak a hug from the holder man before running away.

Date of Birth
13.02.722, 23
Height
6'2
Eyes
Light brown
Build
Trim
Hair
Brown, shoulder length

Threads

Zoremet, right! Lazerat nodded at the name as it clicked firmly into place and smiled at the list of nicknames he could use as well. It reminded him of the way his sister always made friends by giving her name and then insisting they forget it and use a nickname. He figured he could follow suit with his reintroduction in case Zoremet had struggled with his name as well. “I’m Lazerat but feel free to call me Laz or even Lazzie if you like.”

And then Zoremet was off and running with questions and just talking. It would have been overwhelming if he hadn’t grown up with a little sister that also couldn’t stay quiet for more than a handful of minutes at a time. Lazerat didn’t mind, however, and found it somewhat charming. “I wouldn’t really say I sail—more than I’m on a ship that others are doing most of the work on. I lend a hand where I can and I will certainly bore you if I go into details about the running of a ship. And we don’t get lost because there are far smarter people than me aboard and navigating.” He wanted to believe he could navigate them but once they were out in more open water without landmarks, Lazerat had a sinking suspicion he’d get turned around and discover a new island and have to live there forever.

“I’m not busy at the moment and if you don’t mind the fact that I haven’t bathed in three days and also smell like the ocean, I’d be glad for your company. I can show you around while answering some more of your questions.” Lazerat turned so he was beside Zoremet and slung an arm around the blonde’s shoulders in a companionable embrace as they started walking. “Maybe I’ll even show you one of our vessels.”

Date of Birth
02.12.724, 20
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde

Threads

Lazerat would be glad for his company! And he could use a nickname! The words made Zoremet's stomach flutter and he couldn't help but nervously giggle. "That's fine, it's fine, you don't smell too bad." All thoughts and concerns about his brother's whereabouts vanished as soon the man slung his arm around his shoulders and he couldn't help but lean in against him. This was nice! He'd heard that holder folk were very against touching and things but so far Laz seemed okay! Or maybe it was just a selective thing... only some parts were fine to touch like the shoulders.

Not wanting to risk causing any offense, Zoremet shoved his hands into his pockets as he tried to look around and not just focus on how close Lazerat was. But every now and then he'd still glance up at that handsome face and turn a shade pink before quickly averting his eyes again to look at the ships. "Those look very interesting. Do you climb up the... uh... the tall bits? Do you ever go swimming from them when you're farther from shore? I know Zelly likes to swim a lot, not sure if you do. Swimming is fun but so is napping on the beach. I just like being outside I guess, doesn't matter what I'm doing."

Zoremet eyed the ships thoughtfully, wondering if it was the same as being outside on a hike. Probably not, since it was full of work like some sort of workshop that produced fish. He frowned at that thought, remembering that Lazerat worked on the ships and didn't just go on them for fun. He turned to the other man and gave his arm a gentle tug. "Actually if you work on them all the time showing me a ship might be boring for you. What do you do for fun here? We could go do that instead."

Date of Birth
13.02.722, 23
Height
6'2
Eyes
Light brown
Build
Trim
Hair
Brown, shoulder length

Threads

Zoremet really was an inquisitive lad but Lazerat could appreciate that. How else did you learn things and discover something new or that you loved? He’d just have to do his best not to bore the guy since sometimes questions were asked in politeness or asked and promptly forgotten by the string of others that followed. But Zelana was his little sister and if he could handle her enthusiasm, he was certain he could handle Zoremet. “I taught Zelly to swim so I apologise if that sea monster has been dragging you regularly into the water!” Lazerat laughed and patted Zoremet’s shoulder from where his arm was still slung.

“And I do like jumping from the tall bits, or the mast as sailors like to call them. Personally, the ‘high diving board’ is my preferred term. Have you ever gone jumping from a cliff into the ocean? I’ll have to take you sometime if you haven’t. It’s quite the rush and then lazing on the beach to dry off afterward is a good wind down.” Zory seemed the sort that wouldn’t panic at the edge but instead find the thrill in the risk. It was also worth keeping a note that Zoremet could be a good companion for outdoorsy things like rock climbing.

When his companion’s gaze went to the ships, Lazerat smiled at what he figured was an attempt to play it cool and not get too worked up over one specific item. “I don’t mind showing you the ship if you’re interested in it and I’d hardly say I work on them. I try to lend a hand but I’m the boss’ son so they don’t like ordering me around. I’m probably also just in their way since I’m still learning the simplest of tasks.” Some of the crew were decent men that didn’t mind an extra hand but others were clearly afraid of what would happen when he became the big boss and preferred Lazerat stayed in his tiny room and kept his hands clean.

“But if you insist, we’ll save that tour for the next time we collide. What else do I do for fun…” because honestly, going on the trade routes was kind of fun. He got to escape for a while and felt like he had more freedom within the confines of the ship than he did in the Hold. “Swimming and rock climbing would rank high on the list. Hiking as well. Like you, I enjoy being outdoors. But I do spend a lot of time in the tavern as well. Good food and drink are to be had there but you meet interesting characters and hear fascinating stories.” Until recently, thanks to A’tay, Lazerat had only ever heard about snow and ice through tales told by strangers and some of them were hard to believe. Not so much anymore!

Speaking of the tavern, Lazerat was reminded how hungry he was. “Zory, would it be too forward of me if I asked you to join me for some lunch? They do this battered fish that I bet you fall in love with.”

Date of Birth
02.12.724, 20
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde

Threads

"Oh you don't have to apologize! Zelly is really fun to go to the beach with! And she's been helping A'tay so maybe one day we can all have a big beach party." The though of diving into the water from a cliff sounded crazy and fun. Zoremet had never done more than just from a tree branch overhanging the water before and he looked up at Lazerat with wonder in his eyes. "Cliffs? How high? I've done trees before, but never a cliff! I've climbed some cliffs but never jumped off."

The thought of the other man taking him made his heart flutter with excitement. "I'd like that! When would you want to go? There's no clutches or anything so as long as I can get my chores out of the way I can probably get away for some exploring." Zoremet was so excited about the thought that he reached up to give the arm wrapped around him a squeeze. He didn't even care about the ship anymore, though he was sure he'd be glad to look next time.

The tavern sounded interesting, and he tilted his head curiously. "I've heard of taverns! I've never been in one though." Zoremet's face immediately turned a shade pinker when he was invited to lunch and he quickly nodded. "I'd like that!" He was practically giddy, getting to spend time with Laz and now having lunch with him! He resisted the urge to squeak in delight as he leaned in to Lazerat again and bounced slightly in glee. "Best day ever," he whispered under his breath. He looked up at the other man, grinning as he added a bit more loudly, "I'm really glad I bumped into you!"

Date of Birth
13.02.722, 23
Height
6'2
Eyes
Light brown
Build
Trim
Hair
Brown, shoulder length

Threads

“How tall? Hmm,” he’d never measured it and never quite thought about it but a quick glance around to find something that would do as a visual aid had Lazerat pointing to the main Hold that loomed over them all. “I definitely wouldn’t jump from anywhere higher than the Hold. I tried once from one point of the cliff overhang and it stung a bit on impact. So we stick with the lower branch. But it definitely still gets the blood flowing, that’s for sure!” The things boys did on dares when they were young and dumb. He supposed he was still a tad on the dumb side to continue such stunts but as long as it remained fun; it was hard to find reasons to stop.

“I suppose we’ll have to check with your brother to see when he’s available to bring you down here.” It was rather convenient knowing a dragonrider so well. Luckily, there wasn’t a risk of abusing the power since Lazerat didn’t have a lot of places to go and only asked to see his sister sporadically to keep his parents from realising they had reconnected. “I’m not sure if he would want to hang out with us given he’s learning to swim and that might be a bit too intense for him even as a spectator.” Zelly had told him about A’tay’s fear and how she had been working with him to get over it and Lazerat didn’t want to risk setting back all of that work.

He guided Zory down the path to the tavern and gave him a quizzical look when he thought he heard something whispered but it didn’t seem to be aimed at him and Lazerat let it pass. “I’m glad you did as well,” he smiled and guided his companion inside the tavern and over to an empty table. He then headed over to the counter and ordered two meals and returned to the table with two mugs of ale in hand. He studied Zoremet a moment and when he decided the blonde probably couldn’t hold his alcohol, Lazerat chugged back half of one of the drinks and then passed it over to Zoremet with a grin. “I’m guessing you don’t drink often and I don’t want you to feel obligated to drink it all but it is a good companion to the fish.”

He raised his full mug up in a small salute to Zoremet, “to new friends and crazy plans!” He took a small drink of the ale that time and set the mug back down in time for two plates of battered fish and fried potatoes to be placed before them. “Dig in and let me know what you think—of the tavern as well, though be kind. It’s livelier in the evenings.”

Date of Birth
02.12.724, 20
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde

Threads

"That high?!" Zoremet was simultaneously terrified but also wanted to try now that he knew it could be done. "I'll ask A'tay for a good time, he can just drop me off, that's fine." He almost suggested that he could get another brother to bring him too, or even a friend, but that might not give him any alone time with Laz and his heart kept fluttering at that particular thrilling thought. "He doesn't have to come along if it's going to be intense."

It was hard to keep the giddy smile off of his face as they walked into the tavern and found a table. His first time in a real tavern and it was with a cute man! He'd heard so many stories of fun times in taverns, but also cautionary tales of grifters and brawls. Zoremet wasn't too worried about any of those though, he didn't have anything he thought a holder would want to steal, and he was pretty quick and good at dodging and running away if a fight did break out.

He was swinging his legs beneath him as he sat when Lazerat returned. "No, not too often, but I have before." Zoremet took an eager sip of the ale, his nose wrinkling a little at the taste, but he took another gulp before sitting it down to study the fish and potatoes. It smelled delicious and he took a tentative bite of the fish first after blowing on it to cool it down.

Zoremet's eyes widened as he looked up at his crush (and hopefully new friend). "This is amazing! I love it! Can Zelly make this? I want to have this more often..." He eagerly took another bite followed by a sip of the ale and found that the bitter taste was much more palatable now. He gave Laz one more grin before digging into more food.

So far taverns were fun! Good food, good drink, good company. He didn't think he needed it to be more lively at all. "I love this. And I like the tavern too! I don't know if it will be better with more people though. Maybe if A'tay takes a long time we can come back? Or some other time maybe..." Part of him knew he really needed to find his brother, but he was having fun and he didn't want it to end just yet. Not when he was starting to feel so delightfully warm. As he ate he kept staring at Lazerat, peeking at every trace of skin he could, even the bit of chest that peeked out from under his shirt. "So what else can we do in a tavern? Or is it just eating and drinking and friends?"

Date of Birth
13.02.722, 23
Height
6'2
Eyes
Light brown
Build
Trim
Hair
Brown, shoulder length

Threads

Lazerat moaned around his first bite of the fish. It never stopped being amazing and always seemed to shock his tastebuds every time. He simply couldn’t prepare for the flavour no matter how much he tried. “Zelly has a version of it but as much as I love her and her skills, it’s never quite the same as the magic worked here.” Was it bad that he was considering an attempt at seducing the recipe out of one of the cooks? He’d save that thought for another time as he watched his new friend’s enthusiasm for the food—and everything, really. Zoremet was so full of life that it was utterly enchanting and Lazerat was being pulled in by how infectious it was. He wanted to keep that smile and wonder in place.

“Mostly eating, drinking, and friends,” Lazerat agreed after a few more bites of fish and washing it down with a swig of ale. “But in the evenings, you’ll have a few more drunken men that can be jovial and burst into rowdy and raunchy songs that everyone joins in. Or you sometimes get the angrier patrons that like to fight. Fighting isn’t allowed so they’re usually broken apart and tossed out.” That was one good thing about this tavern. He wouldn’t call it a classy establishment but they did have rules that were enforced so good times could always be had.

He started in on the potatoes and grinned at the crispy outside. They did everything just right here. Which meant that of course he wanted to come back sometime with Zoremet and he said as much. “This is one of my favourite places to relax in so any time you’re in the area and want a friend to eat, drink, and play with, let me know.” After another bite, Lazerat realised he hadn’t mentioned one of the best parts of a tavern. “Have you ever played darts before? It’s a fun game with a bit of skill involved and it can get rather competitive some nights.”

Date of Birth
02.12.724, 20
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde

Threads

"Rowdy and raunchy sounds fun!" Maybe it would be worth seeing how things were later in the day at the tavern, especially if things were kept rather safe and fighters were just tossed out instead of letting them get dangerous. "Is there dancing too? Or no... it seems like it might not have room for that if too many people are here." Zoremet looked around the space curiously, nibbling on one of the potatoes as well. Maybe he could try to convince them to serve these in the dining hall if he asked really nicely and offered to make them some more potholders?

Or maybe it would be an excuse to visit and spend more time with Lazerat. "I wouldn't mind coming back to play with you," he quickly said though his face turned a shade pink and he blinked in confusion. "Darts? I don't think I've played that before. I've played some cards and... uh... other games." He tried to hide his face behind his mug of ale, taking another long sip as he did so. Zoremet was back to smiling as he put it down, resting his chin on his hand as he watched Lazerat with a rather besotted look in his eyes. "So how's darts work? What other games do they play in the Hold?"

Date of Birth
13.02.722, 23
Height
6'2
Eyes
Light brown
Build
Trim
Hair
Brown, shoulder length

Threads

He wasn't dense, never intentionally at least. But Lazerat did try to learn more before making too big of assumptions and thinking Zoremet was interested in him fell into that category. But the way he blushed after stating he'd like to play with him was starting to make the picture a lot clearer. The glances and the way he leaned in as they walked there had been clues but nothing concrete. All that said, Lazerat wasn't sure how to proceed still. Zoremet was cute but also a friend of Zelly's. And there was that little fact that he had only fooled around a handful of times with one of the ship's crewmen.

What was life if not one big adventure of exploring, experimenting, and growing? He'd wing it and go from there.

"There are a few different rules for darts. Some just like the challenge of going for the bullseye while others have you targeting a certain number. If A'tay hasn't found us by the time we're done eating, we can play a bit." He grinned, trying not to be overt in his flirting but still dropping the ambiguous word.

A swig of ale washed down some more potatoes as Lazerat thought about what other games were played. Surely they weren't that different from what the Weyrs did? "There's checkers and chess and various card games. Tile rummy is a lot of fun though I know some men who think it's for ladies." He may have thought that when he was a kid since he mostly saw his mom and her friends playing it but as he got older, it was just like a game of cards but with little wooden tiles. The clinking was also way more satisfying than setting down a card.

With his potatoes finished, Lazerat turned his attention back to his fish before it got cold. As he did, he noticed Shadow inching closer. He'd forgotten the blue and his green friend had been with them for a while. But now it seemed their little bellies had brought them back from whatever they had been up to. "Oh fine," Lazerat pouted as he broke off a small piece of fish and held it out to Shadow. "You better tell A'tay how much I clearly like you both to be sharing that."

Date of Birth
02.12.724, 20
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde

Threads

Zoremet couldn't help but giggle and blush a bit more at the bit of banter and mention of playing. He couldn't help but wonder what sorts of games they could get up to, though he wasn't entirely sure if Lazerat had the same sort of ideas he had. After all, he was a cute older hold boy who spent time sailing on ships. Maybe he just meant they could go swimming or jumping off of one of those, which would still be fun, he thought. He could still get a nice look at the man's body if they went swimming...

Talking about more normal games brought his attention back to the present, more clothed, moment. "Oh I've played chess and checkers. A'tay carves chess pieces for people. I haven't played any tile games though. Are you any good at it? Maybe you can teach me if you don't want to play something else." Zory felt a little presumptuous with the bit of flirting, but his stomach and face were warm with ale and good food and Lazerat was looking especially delightful.

And yet another little distraction happened to interrupt his day dreaming as Shadow and Pit showed up to beg. Zoremet smiled, reaching over to give the blue's tail a gentle tug before moving to pet his precious green. "Have I introduced you to Pit yet? She's really good at helping me on hikes. She's really good at watching out for trouble and also helping me when I get lost." He took a piece of his own last bit of fish to share with her and she took it to daintily nibble. "Maybe you should get a little flitter for yourself. It would make it easy to send letters and stuff."

Date of Birth
13.02.722, 23
Height
6'2
Eyes
Light brown
Build
Trim
Hair
Brown, shoulder length

Threads

Lazerat gave Shadow a pat on the head once he took the bite of food and focused his attention on that instead of begging for more. That meant Lazerat was quickly eating the last few bites before he had to share more of it instead of savouring each delicious morsel. Small sacrifices sometimes had to be made. “It’s a pleasure to meet you, Pit, mostly because you’re not pestering me yet,” he laughed as he held out a potato for Shadow when a blue nose came sniffing around his plate again. It wasn’t met with as much enthusiasm but it did still sate the flitter as he took it and nibbled on the morsel.

“I’ve thought about getting one but then I also remember how much of a pest they can be at times,” Lazerat pointed to Shadow as the blue grabbed a potato off the plate and skittered off to enjoy it up in the rafters. “They are interesting companions but I’m not sure I’m ready for that level of commitment just yet. I’m happy to hear Pit is a clever and helpful gal, though. Do you get lost regularly?” As soon as he asked, Lazerat chuckled. He already kind of knew the answer, didn’t he? They’d met up again while Zoremet was lost, after all but at least it had been in the Hold and not out in the wild. “Sorry. I don’t mean to laugh at your misfortune with directions. We should be celebrating it as it brought us together for some good food and company.” He raised his mug again in a small salute and chugged back nearly the remainder of the ale.

“Oh, games!” He’d nearly forgotten with the distraction of firelizards and Lazerat gave a shrug. “I’m all right at them. But I play for fun and social interactions. That’s the point, right? I’ll happily play any with you. Tile rummy is better with four people so we could do a night in with A’tay and Zelly if you’d like more than just one on one action with me.”

Date of Birth
02.12.724, 20
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde

Threads

Pit tilted her head curiously as Lazerat said her name and gave a soft chirp before turning her attention back to her tiny bit of fish. Zoremet smiled and gave her tail a stroke before turning his attention to finishing off his own fish. He eyed Shadow and suppressed a soft chuckle as he finished swallowing his food. "Shadow is spoiled and knows he's cute so he gets everyone to give him treats. Or he gets away with taking them like that."

Zoremet tried to his his embarrassment behind his mug as he nodded. "I do... I like to hike but sometimes the trees and rocks start looking the same and I forget where I've been or what direction I was going because I find something interesting to look at or a nice tree to climb. Pit makes sure nothing is sneaking up on me and whenever I get lost she finds someone to come rescue me. She's very good at it, so I don't mind when she's not the best at carrying letters or fetching things."

With a smile he lifted his own mug to mirror the gesture and swallowed the rest of his ale down. It made his head spin ever so slightly, his stomach felt a bit toastier, but just sitting still and blinking for a few seconds seemed to sort him out so he grinned at Lazerat, leaning forward to prop his chin on his hands as he did so, elbows on the table. "It is good company, and good food. Thank you for bringing me here."

His imagination couldn't help but run wild with the thought of playing any game with Lazerat. As much as he loved his brother and liked his girlfriend, he couldn't help but pout a little at the thought of sharing Lazerat time with A'tay and Zelly. Zoremet ended up softly blurting, "Awe, but I want one on one action," before blinking and turning bright red as he realized he'd said the thought out loud. He leaned back and slouched in his chair, sliding down and hoping maybe he could just hide under the table.

Date of Birth
13.02.722, 23
Height
6'2
Eyes
Light brown
Build
Trim
Hair
Brown, shoulder length

Threads

Lazerat nodded and smiled, glad his favourite establishment was appreciated by yet another person. He’d fully corrupt everyone and keep this place hopping for years to come if he could. One final swig had him finishing his drink and almost choking on it as he snorted at the words he had a feeling he wasn’t supposed to hear—especially when Zory tried to vanish under the table. The mug was set down and Lazerat reached across the table to grab a hand before it fully joined the slouching away from him. “Hey, I never said it was one or the other. There’s still plenty of things we can do without our siblings around.”

Like now. He wasn’t one to normally get even tipsy off a couple of drinks but Lazerat was considering blame the ale for how desirable those pouting lips looked. He’d never truly been with another man before. The few times on the ship over the last several months had been with a crewman named Sammor. They’d toss each other off in the dark before bed and that was that. Until recently when Sammor started going down on him. It was all rather clinical and just meant for relief with little passion but now he was there wondering about Zoremet’s lips and the cute faces the younger man would make in the throes of passion.

He slowly took his hand away and made of show of turning around so he could point at where the dart board hung. “Want to start with some darts?” Lazerat asked with his easy smile in place when he turned back to Zory. “I’m sure one of the firelizards will go get A’tay eventually but we can have some fun first before then.”

Date of Birth
02.12.724, 20
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde

Threads

Lazerat was touching him! Zoremet wasn't sure if that was better or worse, especially as the handsome sailor said they could do things without their siblings around. The man had to be flirting with him now, right? Surely not even holders could be that dense? But maybe they could, he'd heard stories about holders not realizing a man was flirting with them only to suddenly become angry because they didn't like it. But according to Corv, well V'lis now, a lot of holders who were uptight about such things loosened up with a bit of booze so long as things were kept secret.

Maybe that was happening here? They did have some alcohol. From the stories Zoremet had heard, the back alleys behind the bars were where people tended to go, that or the privy, but neither option seemed very fun to him. Clearly he would have to just test this some other way. His mind was still sluggishly trying to think of ideas when Lazerat gestured to the dart board. "Oh, darts, sure. You'll have to show me what to do though," he said with a nod as he straightened back up. Hopefully the blush was mostly gone from his face, but it was hard to tell anymore. Especially with the mention of fun before A'tay found them.

With a slight wobble, Zoremet stood up and made his way towards the darts. "Some fun before he finds us sounds good. Is... is this safe?" He eyed one of the darts curiously and then turned to look at the target before squinting at Lazerat. "What if someone gets hit that isn't the board on accident?"

Date of Birth
13.02.722, 23
Height
6'2
Eyes
Light brown
Build
Trim
Hair
Brown, shoulder length

Threads

Lazerat plucked the three darts out of the board, left there from someone’s last game, and gave a little shrug to Zoremet’s inquiry. “Well, if someone walks in front of the board, I imagine they deserve to be hit by a dart.” He pointed to the floor where some lines had been painted to help mark out the area to avoid walking through. “Those help in keeping wandering to a minimum. And unless you have a terrible grip and toss behind you or your aim is so far off course, you shouldn’t have to worry.” Even the worst players he’d seen hadn’t accidentally hit someone so Lazerat was confident Zory wouldn’t either—even with the slight wobble he had spotted a moment earlier.

“We won’t play with any fancy rules and just keep it simple. Try aiming for the centre but we’ll call it a success if you hit anywhere on the board.” Lazerat walked through what he knew worked for himself, giving a few pointers before finally giving a demonstration. It went left of the bullseye but landed in an area he was pleased with. “I am by no means an expert but it’s a lot of fun. Here,” he handed Zory the other two darts and guided him through the position to stand and hold the dart and when to release.

The first two attempts were… something. Lazerat didn’t laugh but he ran the risk of making his lip bleed with how hard he was biting it. “The throwing technique is definitely not one I’ve seen before but it could work,” he pointed out as he fetched the darts for his friend to try again. He didn’t mind standing on the sidelines for more attempts as any game they played wouldn’t be fair just yet. Buy Zory was proving to be a quick learner and coordinated as each toss improved to some degree. After several more tosses, he was at least hitting the board and with some aim achieved going by the excitement.

He wrapped an arm around Zoremet to give him a sideways hug while smiling and pointing at the board. “Well done, Zory! Look at the clustering you did with those ones! With the skill emerging, I won’t feel too bad when I beat you.”

Date of Birth
02.12.724, 20
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde

Threads

After a few awkward initial throws, and some really good coaching (that involved Lazerat being so delightfully close to show him how to hold the dart properly), Zoremet was at least able to hit the board most of the time. There was something satisfying about the solid sounding thunk that accompanied a good hit from the dart and he found himself actually trying to make his form decent enough to keep getting that sound over and over again.

When he finally got all three darts to stick he couldn't help but let out a cheer which quickly turned into a much more subdued and bashful giggle as Lazerat gave him a sidelong hunt. "Thanks you! Really you were a good teacher though." This felt like the sort of time when a much cooler and confident person would suggest that he could teach him some more lessons in private. Zory took a deep breath and then softly muttered, "Maybe you can teach me some more things."

He wasn't sure that Laz even heard him, but that was probably for the best. Zoremet was not nearly as confident as Zelly was, and while he normally didn't flounder so much around other men, for some reason he had been having more trouble lately. Especially with certain men. Men like Lazerat. Maybe he should try to invite the holder out to where he would be more comfortable. "Want to go hiking some time? Just you and me and Pit? Maybe we can just go today. I can try to send a letter to A'tay and say I bumped into a friend and will be here longer..." hopefully his brother wouldn't be too worried or upset. He was just having so much fun that he wasn't ready to go home.

Date of Birth
13.02.722, 23
Height
6'2
Eyes
Light brown
Build
Trim
Hair
Brown, shoulder length

Threads

Lazerat was stepping away to collect the darts from the board when he thought he heard Zoremet say something. He gave him a quizzical look before figuring a conversation from a table had wafted over to him and he misheard. With darts in hand, he returned to his friend and smiled at the enthusiastically given idea. “I would love to go hiking with you sometime. But it can’t be today, unfortunately.” He felt terrible for saying that with how excited Zoremet seemed at the idea and because it would have been fun.

“But my father will be waiting for the reports on the journey and transactions made and all of those very boring details that make up the life of a merchant.” His dad had been quick to use his own idea against him. Lazerat had said taking the trips helped him learn the routes that they were using to move merchandise and he would be able to properly explain how it worked and how safe the voyages were. His dad had let that slide for a couple of months but now he was expected to write up reports and record various logs. The crew had the captain and a record keeper but it was a learning opportunity and a second opinion on things never hurt.

But it really was boring.

“Besides, you shouldn’t ditch your brother. You should cherish the time you have with your siblings because you never know when something will change or they will vanish.” Lazerat threw a dart, perhaps more forcibly than needed and snorted when it struck centre. “Trust me on that,” his voice was softer as he spoke those final few words and glanced at his friend. He still hadn’t forgiven his parents for what they had done to Zelana and were now trying to do to him with marriage suggestions.

Date of Birth
02.12.724, 20
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde

Threads

Zoremet was unable to keep the pout off of his face as the "but" hit. He should have known that of course Lazerat would have responsibilities and couldn't go on a spur of the moment adventure because he was older and wiser and hot and the sort of person to be in charge of something that he'd need to get done. But he had said he'd love to go hiking sometime.

He clung to that idea tightly as he nodded. "Maybe some other time? Um. I can try to have Pit send you letters to check, or maybe A'tay can have Shadow send them since I don't think he loses letters as often." Was he being too eager and needy? Zory thought he remembered some suave older boy once upon a time that the key was to play it cool. That didn't seem right to him though, because how would people know you were interested if you didn't act interested?

The reminder about his brother made his shoulders sink even further. "Oh yeah... I really shouldn't. Hey Pit," he gently called to the green. She chirped as she hopped up onto his shoulder. "Go find A'tay and tell him where I am okay?" With all the seriousness she had for when her boy was lost, Pit straightened and chirped, hopping off to puff between to go find his brother. Zoremet turned to Laz and nodded. "She'll be able to get him here, no worries about that. Want to just sit while we wait? You visit Ista Weyr sometimes to visit Zelly right?"

The thought had him brightening a little. Maybe he could sneak in a little bit of his own time next time Lazerat stopped by! But he didn't want to intrude. "Maybe we can hang out or I can show you some of the hiking near the Weyr next time? If it's not too much trouble. I wouldn't want to take up too much of your time."

Date of Birth
13.02.722, 23
Height
6'2
Eyes
Light brown
Build
Trim
Hair
Brown, shoulder length

Threads

Lazerat was amused by Zoremet's crushing disappointment and then the bounce back to hope and excitement. It wasn't often he had someone so interested in spending time with him and he wasn't quite sure what to do with that. For now he nodded at the idea of sitting and led them back to the table they had claimed earlier. "I pop by the Weyr a bit. I don't want to make it obvious that I am so my parents don't try to interfere with it but a short trip here and there does happen." His parents had to have realised by now that he was going to the Weyr given his mood had increased somewhat since seeing Zelly again but they had yet to stop it. Perhaps because he was keeping it a low profile and not going regularly or bringing his sister to the Hold to rekindle rumours.

"You might have to fight Zelly if you want to get some of her time with me," he laughed and shook his head. "It would probably be better if we arranged a time separate from when I see my sister. She would also enjoy going on a hike or going cliff diving again. It's probably been ages since she's been able to do either." Lazerat knew the Weyr had access to a nice beach but it didn't sound like there were proper ledges to jump from into the ocean given all of Zelly's stories he'd heard so far.

"Unless you plan on Impressing tomorrow, we will have plenty of time to make plans and get together again." Lazerat offered Zoremet an encouraging smile as he was still a bit worried over the disappointment he had seen. "I promise I'm not all talk now and won't return your messages later. I'm really not the sort to ditch someone like that." Sometimes he wished he was given a couple of girls in his past. But he still politely let them down before insisting they leave him alone when they didn't take the hint.

Date of Birth
02.12.724, 20
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde

Threads

Zoremet tilted his head curiously at the mention of Lazerat's parents. "Why would they do that? Wouldn't they be happy to know how she's doing?" He realized it was a bit of a nosy question as soon as he asked it and shifted his weight awkwardly as he tried to think if he should apologize or not. He'd thought Holders made families a bigger deal, and that's why they weren't as open as people back in the Weyr, but maybe he was wrong.

He decided to just latch onto the next bit of conversation and pretend that he hadn't asked in the first place. "I don't know if I could fight Zelly. She doesn't seem very mean or violent, but she's got," he waved his hand in the air as he tried to think of the right word, "energy. So much of it! I bet if she did fight she'd be hard to beat. Either because she's scrappy, or because she just wouldn't stay down or something. I would just run away."

But maybe he could trick her into sharing. Zoremet thought about it a bit more. "Hiking and camping are always fun. Maybe we could all go cliff diving sometime, find a nice spot and camp for a few days. If you're not too busy with your sailing." He gave Lazerat a broad smile as he nodded in agreement that there would be plenty of time. "I'll try to keep in touch. I'm not always the best at it, but I can at least try to say hi when you visit your sister. And if you come to visit me she can say hi too." The thought of Laz coming just to visit him was a little exciting and it made him smile, feet once again swinging from the tall bar chair. "But what would you want to do without Zelly?"

Date of Birth
13.02.722, 23
Height
6'2
Eyes
Light brown
Build
Trim
Hair
Brown, shoulder length

Threads

Lazerat ignored the question about his family. If Zelly hadn’t already told her friend about how she was sent away then he wasn’t going to do it. Thankfully, Zoremet seemed to realise he may have overstepped and looked a bit remorseful before doing a sharp turn into another conversation and he smiled at the image of his scrappy sister. “Zelly would much prefer befriending everyone but I have shown her how to throw a punch and how to work with her fun-sized height.” It was something he was grateful he’d done when she was sent to the Weyr. He still worried over her safety but at least he knew she was properly spearing any assholes in the stomach and knocking them on their asses if they insulted her. He’d have to check in with her on that sometime. He didn’t want her to be a violent soul but he did want her safe. Maybe dating a bronzerider, even one as young and sweet as A’tay, kept the creeps away now.

Lazerat laughed and shook his head in wonderment. How much freedom did the Weyr have? “I didn’t think you would be allowed to camp for days at a time. My understanding is a Weyr may have loose morals but you’re more locked down than a Hold and can’t just wander willy-nilly.” But if they could just wander off whenever they wanted for days at a time, maybe he could get his sister to ask A’tay or a friend she trusted to bring her out to camp with him alone for a day or two. That alone would be a hilarious adventure. He’d done a little camping but usually in a group and not that far from the Hold.

“But yes. We’ll all get together some time for a day or two of fun. Are you worried about what we could do without my sister? We’ve been doing just fine right now with food, conversation, and darts. I’m sure we’ll keep doing okay.”

Date of Birth
02.12.724, 20
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde

Threads

"K'dar offered to teach me once." Zory thought back to the lesson, and how it had just resulted in him hurting his hand. He'd decided he probably didn't really need to know how to throw a punch when he could stick with wrestling instead. "I didn't like it. I wrestle sometimes with friends though." He couldn't help but eye Lazerat for a moment, wondering if maybe one day he could try wrestling him too.

He tore his thoughts away from that tantalizing thought at the mention of camping and being locked down. Zoremet shrugged, "When there aren't any eggs on the sands we have a little more freedom to do things like that, we just have to check with the candidate master and get permission first. When there are eggs though they usually want us nearby and curfews are usually reinforced in case something happens in the middle of the night." He didn't bother to mention that his sister was the Weyrwoman and would probably just give them permission to go.

"Not worried! Just... um... just wanting to make sure that you have fun too is all." Zoremet hoped he wasn't blushing and did his best to think about all of the rather normal games that Lazerat had mentioned. "You could teach me to play that tile rummy game if you want. Or we can practice more darts. I did like that." He couldn't bring himself to try and be more flirtatious, even though he was sure a number of friends would have encouraged him to do so.

A'tay
of Bronze Xyxyth

Date of Birth
17.06.724, 20
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Slim
Hair
Blonde, short, messy

Threads

A’tay was relieved when Pit finally showed up. He was used to her messages and encouraged her to lead the way back to Zoremet. Enough time had passed that he wasn’t sure where Zoremet would have ended up anymore. Ista Hold wasn’t as large as some of the others but it was still large enough that A’tay felt like he had gone in circles a couple of times. If he was getting turned around, that meant his brother definitely had. That’s when he started to worry about Zoremet being inside the Hold proper and was even now lost in the Lord’s private chambers.

The rest of the tension he hadn’t realised he was still carrying finally melted away when they arrived at a tavern, Pit chirping in excitement and dashing inside. A’tay was quick to follow and smiled when he saw the familiar head of blonde. Then he did a double take as he saw who Zoremet was sitting with. If Lazerat had been with him the entire time, then there wasn’t anything to worry about. No angry Lords at the very least.

“I’ll never figure out how you do that, Zor. Hi, Lazerat,” A’tay said as way of greeting as he approached. He was smiling, no trace of the fear he had showing. He wasn’t angry either, knowing full well that Zory just had a talent for turning around and missing where everyone had gone or a land marker he had set himself. “With all the yarn we got, I think you should make us bracelets that are linked together. That way, when you try to go in the wrong direction, I’ll either get dragged along or I can tug you back.”

Date of Birth
02.12.724, 20
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde

Threads

Pit's return was both a relief and a disappointment. It meant that A'tay had found him, but it also meant that he'd probably have to leave soon and stop spending time with Lazerat. "Well I turned and you were gone," Zoremet said with a pout, sticking his tongue at his brother.

He was going to object to the idea that he needed to be tied to anyone but paused, considering the idea. "I mean, I could try... but I'm not sure that it would actually do anything. Pit would probably play in it and get tangled and then one of us would take it off and then next thing you know I'll be lost again."

And maybe if he got lost again he could find another tall dark and handsome man to bump into. Zory couldn't help but give a bashful glance back at Lazerat before turning back to A'tay. "I ran into Laz though and we had fun! They have really good fish here, and we played darts! Can you make a dart board? Have you ever played? It's really fun, I think you would like it."

There probably wasn't time to try and play a real game, but it would be a nice excuse to convince Lazerat to try and visit the Weyr sooner, and to get A'tay to bring him. "Maybe if you make a board, Laz can come help me teach you how to play."

A'tay
of Bronze Xyxyth

Date of Birth
17.06.724, 20
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Slim
Hair
Blonde, short, messy

Threads

A’tay tried to form a reply to the babbling as Zory seemed to seriously consider his joke idea but had no words. His brother’s charm lay in his innocence and he knew that was probably what a lot of their siblings said about himself as well. But he noticed it in Zoremet at least and found it adorable and he only smiled and gave a little nod at the likelihood of Pit or Zory himself doing something to the device.

He did manage a light laugh at the enthusiasm over running into Lazerat and even he could see how hard his brother was crushing on the man. He wanted to be annoyed that Zoremet had been having fun the entire time and clearly not worried given how long it took to send Pit out while he panicked and searched, but A’tay couldn’t fault him. It wasn’t often they got out of the Hold and it seemed like he not only strengthened a friendship but learned some new things as well. “I haven’t played darts but Zelly mentioned them before.” He was pretty sure there were some boards already set up in the Weyr, there had to be, right? It seemed like something that would make its way to them. “I’ll ask around and see about making us some of our,” he promised. They could probably buy some that day if they found the right woodworker but A’tay liked the challenge and appreciated his brother’s confidence in his skills.

“Anyway, I can uh leave if you want to play some more. I can go back to the crafter I lost you at,” he tried to casually offer as Shadow came down from the rafters to sit on his shoulder. A’tay could tell Zory was having a good time and the way he pointed out trying to get Lazerat to come help with teaching made it obvious more time with the older man was desired. But Lazerat insisted it was okay and that he had to get back home. “In that case, maybe I can watch Zormy play darts while I try the really good fish they apparently have here since I’m starving.” Running around searching for a missing person worked up an appetite.

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)