World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [C] 742.02.16 | A Modest Proposal
11am | Quilriana

L'ri
of Bronze Oncaeth

Date of Birth
15.03.707, 38
Height
6'
Eyes
Brown
Build
in shape but soft
Hair
dark brown

Threads

Written By: BardlyThere
Once again Gangleri was delighted to find that his brother was somewhat decent at cooking breakfast, or at least eggs. He'd had time to think things over as he watched Quilriana finally truly relax now that her son had Impressed. Quinvalis, or N'lis now, had been on her mind a lot and now that he had his own dragon and was safe from future baby maulings (he hoped), she was starting to be able to enjoy her little vacation. It was much deserved from everything that the Harper saw, after all. She always worked so hard at the tavern, had never complained about it, was always rather kind even when she had to be firm with a drunkard, and he had the distinct feeling that the rest of her family who ran the tavern didn't appreciate her as much as she deserved.

So why did it have to end? Gangleri took another sip of his klah and nodded. It seemed reasonable enough. It wasn't like he had anyone else in his life to try and spoil. Sure she had her dragonrider, but he was probably understandably busy, and considering his own past... well he couldn't point any fingers or make any suggestions for how they lived their lives in that regard. He made his way into his office where Quilriana was curled up on his couch reading a book and sat down at the opposite end. "I was hoping you had a moment to talk."

He took another sip as he waited for her to finish whatever section she was on, mark her place and set things down, not at all in a rush. Once she was ready, Gangleri took a small breath and smiled. "I was just thinking about things, about how the house seems so much brighter while you're here than it ever has been, how you seem to be a good influence on my brother, and how I think you like it here. It's also closer to your children so it would make for easier visits. Once I get Bart down here you wouldn't even need a dragon rider to take you, the ride isn't too long."

Gangleri paused for another sip of his klah as he watched her calculating eyes, surely already arriving where he was headed, surely already planning dark plots to run from within his home. Which was only appropriate since maybe it would be her home too. He smiled. "I have a modest proposal... we could marry, and all of this would be yours. You wouldn't have to work a the tavern, you can be a dark queen here. I've been thinking of going back to the Hall, and part of me thinks I might not laugh as much if you are back in Telgar. The other part thinks that you just deserve nice things."

As if in agreement, Fret let out a soft musical trill as he crawled over to curl up on the woman's lap.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Date of Birth
09.09.706, 38
Height
5'7
Eyes
Brown
Build
Slim
Hair
Black, long, wavy

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
It had been two days since the Hatching and the worry she carried for her son was finally starting to leave her. She'd been so afraid to see him out there again after nearly losing him a year earlier but there was also some guilt. She had asked R'nya years ago to 'Search' Quinvalis so that he might have a better life at the Weyr. Until that moment her son Impressed, she wasn't sure he ever would and she had signed him up for disappointment after disappointment while constantly in danger.

But he had proven himself worthy--which she always believed even with the doubts from the set up--and Quilriana was beside herself with pride. Her son would be a bluerider and her daughter was getting an education at Healer Hall so she could assist the Weyr. It wasn't the life she had once thought they would have when they were on the farm but it was more than she ever could have hoped for when she brought them to her father's tavern a decade ago.

When Gangleri joined her, she was still thinking about her children more than actually reading but feigned interest in the book by finishing the page before setting it aside. One look at the Harper and Quilriana knew she hadn't been the only one lost in thought and wondered what was on his mind.

She nodded as he spoke, agreeing that she had enjoyed her time and that was why she was still there. Gangleri had convinced her to stay an extra few days to celebrate and properly relax. She hated not being at the tavern but also knew they were more than capable to run it without her for a few more days.

But the way he focused on the liveliness of the house and his brother had Quilriana narrowing her eyes a bit in suspicion. Was he going to tell her to stay forever? Surely he would get tired of her or being here himself and oh.

She idly patted Fret when he crawled into her lap but her gaze stayed on Gangleri. That proposal was unexpected. "I'm thrilled that you're considering a return to the Hall. You deserve your mastership and the chance to torment new young students properly," she teased lightly with a smile. But the other portion of his offer still left her speechless.

She was widowed in her twenties and only had R'nya show any true interest in her aside from some drunkards looking for a one night tumble. It wasn't like she was holding out for a love match and Quilriana knew she had been lucky her father hadn't tried to marry her off again--but two young kids likely put an end to any attempts he had made.

She did enjoy her time at the house and she felt Geric was warming up to her by the day so the offer was tempting. She didn't hate working at the tavern but it was non stop and maybe she had earned the right to some more downtime. But marriage?

"I already know you wouldn't ask more than I would give in the marriage so I won't ask for details, but really, Gangleri? I would be just as happy being taken on as a cook and cleaner." She shifted a bit, doing her best not to disturb Fret, and rested a hand on his arm. A little physical contact was always nice, especially when conveying serious moments. They joked so much, she always wanted to make sure he knew when she meant her words. "Why would you want to tie yourself to me when you could meet someone that deserves to be called your wife?"

PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

L'ri
of Bronze Oncaeth

Date of Birth
15.03.707, 38
Height
6'
Eyes
Brown
Build
in shape but soft
Hair
dark brown

Threads

To be honest, Gangleri hadn't even thought about hiring the woman and he scratched at his chin thoughtfully while his other hand began to tap out a few chords on his knee to help him think. "I suppose I never have thought of you as anyone who would serve me, not even at the tavern. If anything you take care of me and make sure I'm fed and filled with drink and conversation. The thought of hiring you is just... odd. Dark and powerful Queens of the Night don't normally serve as cleaners or kitchen staff. At least not in my books and plays."

His face softened though as he considered her last question. Why indeed. Had he given up on thoughts of finding someone, or did he just know he never would find what he had again? Did it matter if he did? Would he deserve that? Should he even bother telling Quilriana the truth of his last marriage? Even if it was just a part of it? Gangleri figured at least part of it was necessary, she deserved at least that much. "There was a woman once, though she's long dead now. You're the closest anyone has ever come to making me that happy in all of my wandering and searching since. And perhaps I'm just being an old fool when I say it's impossible for me to find anyone like her again..."

Gangleri thought back to bumping into K'dar and his sister... what was her name? Mylorah. She'd had Javira's face and it still had been a bit of a shock to see her again at the Hatching. He shook his head trying to change the subject, livening things up a bit out of habit with a silly joke. "I know you have your dragonrider, a rather fancy one at that. Maybe one day I'll find one of my own. They come in more feminine packages right?"

If Bart had been there the horse would have scolded him for trying to make such a serious conversation a laughing matter, he was sure of it. He reached out to gently set a hand on one of Quil's for a gentle squeeze. "You make me happy, you help me stay sane when I feel like I'm not, and I would gladly be your minion and make your enemies disappear to satisfy your dark whims. This house was never meant to be mine alone, and if I were to share it with anyone I can't think of anyone better than you, Quil."

Date of Birth
09.09.706, 38
Height
5'7
Eyes
Brown
Build
Slim
Hair
Black, long, wavy

Threads

Of course he hadn’t even considered the option of hiring her. Gangleri was an odd man in many ways, including his kind view to women—or at least of her. His words about how she never served him but took care of him made her smile softly. If she wanted, she could argue how that was just a politer way of saying she served him since both definitions had her tending to his needs. But she let it slide as she saw the kindness behind the words and how genuine the man was.

It was quite obvious Gangleri wasn’t talking about his wife when he referred to someone he loved and Quilriana’s heart ached for him. The marriage seemed to be on the loveless side of the spectrum from the little he ever spoke about it and then the woman he did love was also dead. How many times could a man strike out in love? Yet there he was, offering to marry her simply because she made him laugh again. Had he given up entirely on finding love again or was the sense of feeling alive once more after wandering for so long what he had decided he longed for the most?

It touched her that he believed she could bring light back into life and Quilriana was close to agreeing simply for that. But there were still hurdles to get over and logistics to work out. “Speaking of that dragonrider… he is a friend and perhaps sometimes more. I wouldn’t want to risk spreading any rumours and ruining your reputation or even your chance at becoming a master.” She knew enough about the Halls from gossip in the tavern to know that getting tapped based on age or experience was not something that was guaranteed. Hall politics were involved and someone had to be willing to stand behind the decision to do so and would they want to assist a man that had a wife that was sleeping with a dragonrider?

“I also wouldn’t dream of asking your brother to leave so don’t even think to try,” she gave him a look worthy of the dark queen he liked to think she was. And speaking of that, “And please. While I’m always looking for dutiful minions, I don’t need anyone disappearing in my name.” Not that Quilriana believed Gangleri would ever do such a thing, no matter how sincere his offer seemed.

L'ri
of Bronze Oncaeth

Date of Birth
15.03.707, 38
Height
6'
Eyes
Brown
Build
in shape but soft
Hair
dark brown

Threads

Gangleri was not at all surprised when Quilriana admitted there was more than just friendship involved with her dashing dragonrider. Still for her to bring it up and consider it at all meant she was at least considering his idea with some seriousness, so he took it as a good sign. "I imagine that the two of you are somewhat discreet. I would just have to fabricate some reason for him to lurk about the house if I'm not around, or for taking you off on adventures, but honestly that's easy enough if he's cooperative. For one, he can help give you updates on your son's wellbeing and progress, or take you to go visit him."

He imagined that R'nya would be agreeable enough to a little bit of obfuscation, given the way the man had reacted to her son's Impression and how he'd looked at her. "I don't want to get in the way of your happiness, Quil, and if your dragonrider makes you happy then I can deal with a bit of misdirection and political safeguarding. If you don't mind a few different kinds of rumors I could probably tell my father that I'm waiting to try for children again until after I'm a Master in my own right. It gives everyone a lovely distraction, and perhaps motivates him to try to maneuver things in my favor anyway to try and speed his way to grandchildren. I think he's given up on Geric for that."

And speaking of his brother, Gangleri couldn't help but chuckle at her insistence that he be allowed to stay. He held up his hands in defeat and smiled. "If you want him to stay then I won't send him off. I may just have to talk with him a little, depending on how things go. And as for disappearing people, I swear I will never disappear someone in your name. Unless it's to get someone home after a night of drinking and I'm sure they'll reappear shortly after." The drunk he'd already had an encounter with didn't count, he thought to himself. He hadn't done that in Quil's name at all. So long as he kept her name out of things he would be fine. "Do you have any other demands or sacrifices which must be made to you? I am but a simple and innocent Harper, but I will do my best to comply with your dark wishes."

Date of Birth
09.09.706, 38
Height
5'7
Eyes
Brown
Build
Slim
Hair
Black, long, wavy

Threads

She felt like there was something Gangleri still wasn’t tell her but she let that slide. The thought of being a burden to him was weighing more on her than anything left unsaid but Quilriana wasn’t sure what else there was to say on the matter at the moment. They would both need some time to properly think about how everything would work, especially since she wouldn’t kick Geric out of the home. He may have to be told about the set up to the marriage and that she sometimes had a lover stop by. In truth, she didn’t even sleep with R’nya on every visit. Sometimes the bronzerider only needed someone to talk with as he slipped away from the pressures of life for a bit. And while she felt she owed R’nya a lot for taking in her children and giving them better chances in life, she didn’t need to ask him permission to make changes in her own life.

Not working so hard every day sunrise to sunset had some appeal. It also scared her. She’d been doing that for so long that it had taken the past two weeks to help her unwind and stop worrying about the lack of work she was doing. Not that she would be a woman of leisure. Running a home took work and she could even ask to work in the Hall’s kitchen if she was truly itching to do more. And she could help Geric. He needed guidance and Quilriana wasn’t sure Gangleri was the one to give it.

“My only other demand is that it is just the simple ceremony of exchanging the vows. We’re both widowed and neither of us are marrying into a Lord Holder’s family so anything more isn’t needed.” As he said, it was a modest proposal and one done more for convenience than love—though Gangleri had become a dear friend since he first strolled into the Whetstone. “We’ll still need to work out a few details but I suppose this is me agreeing to the idea.”

L'ri
of Bronze Oncaeth

Date of Birth
15.03.707, 38
Height
6'
Eyes
Brown
Build
in shape but soft
Hair
dark brown

Threads

Gangleri was not normally a man given to nervousness, but as he sat quietly and waited for Quilriana to think things over, he found himself shifting his weight uneasily, his left hand tapping different chords and arpeggio movements on his thigh. He didn't expect her to rush into anything, he knew she was an intelligent enough woman, far more than her customers gave her credit for, probably more than her own family gave her credit for. She was probably just doing her own mental calculations, looking for any holes in the plan that would need to be filled that perhaps he'd missed in his own eagerness.

He certainly hadn't expected the woman to become so fond of his brother in the short time they'd been there, though Gangleri had to admit it had been nice to see Geric relax a little around her. Maybe it would be fine keeping him in the house. His brother normally was good at keeping his mouth shut about things after all. If Quilriana took him up on his offer. If she didn't... well maybe he would just bring Geric with him the next time he went up to visit Telgar.

His relief when she presented her other demand was so immense that even Fret picked up on it, spinning to gently bump his head against Quil before settling down again with a lazy tail flick. Gangleri's smile broadened and his hand stopped its precise tapping to give hers a small squeeze. "That suits me just fine. We don't even have to invite anyone. I'll handle my family and make sure they don't pester you too much with questions." His parents would understand if he wanted to keep things rather subdued and quiet and not make a big affair of things, at least he was rather sure of that.

"If anything, they'll just be glad that I've started to move on and that I'll be getting back to the Hall. I'll have to speak with K'dar, he mentioned something about helping with an in-law of his, but after that he'll be able to help with ferrying us back and forth or collecting your things, or whatever other minor things we need to do. I'm not sure if his dragon can handle carrying a horse though... I'll have to check on that."

There was so much that would need to be done, even if they were keeping things rather simple. A small chirp from Fret caught his attention though and he slouched back on the couch, grinning merrily at his... future wife now he supposed. "Thank you, Quil. We have plenty of time to figure out the details, but for now maybe we can celebrate. Dinner, wine, and music sound lovely."

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)