World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 04.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [C] 742.02.02 | Never Again
4 PM | Fediletch

R'nya
of Bronze Xyreith

Date of Birth
13.09.697, 46
Height
6'
Eyes
Grey-blue
Build
Fit, athletic
Hair
Black

Threads

Written By: ThistleProse
R’nya had a headache.

A pounding, unforgiving, what did he do to deserve this headache.

Pinching the bridge of his nose, R’nya waited for the last of three to arrive at his office. The two that had been fighting were not getting away without very serious repercussions, but the one that had been trying to prevent issues had unfortunately caused the biggest fuckup R’nya had yet had to deal with. Crushing an egg. He didn’t personally know if the dragonet within had been killed by the young man falling on it, or if it had been a dud that never would have made it to Hatching. It didn’t matter. A dragonet was dead. A gold was righteously furious. A goldrider was distraught. And none of that took into account the fact that he and Rhaedalyn had to deal with the fallout.

“Come in,” R’nya called when a knock sounded on his door, dropping his hand from the bridge of his nose and folding them together on the top of his desk. He watched as Fediletch entered, and nodded at the seat he wanted the young man to take. He was pleased, in a way, to see just how distraught the man clearly was about everything that had happened. R’nya had gathered some intel before the meeting, and knew from that that Fediletch wasn’t the type to cause trouble, and even had a reputation for stepping in and putting a stop to things that would have escalated. Generally not a bad trait. Unless it caused accidents.

R’nya took in a breath, and then let it out slowly before speaking. “Unlike your companions,” he started, mentioning them by name to make sure Fediletch understood clearly who he was speaking about, “I do not plan to recommend your banishment from Candidacy across all the Weyrs. I understand from the reports that what happened was an accident. However, I would like to hear your side of things.” R’nya leaned back in his chair, still focusing on his young companion, and waited patiently. He could feel his headache thumping in his temples.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Date of Birth
04.03.723, 22
Height
6'5"
Eyes
Icy Blue and small for his face
Build
Beefy and solid
Hair
Blonde and usually kept short, he tries to keep it combed but it has a tendency towards getting mussed.

Threads

Written By: BardlyThere
A baby dragon had died, and it was his fault. A couple of people had tried to tell Fediletch that it was possible the baby had already been dead, that it was a dud, but he'd felt a surge of panic when he'd fallen, heard screaming, felt fear, and after one sickening wet crunch it had suddenly stopped. It was possible he'd been so scared and imagined the whole thing, that the angry gold had somehow affected his mind too. Fetch didn't know exactly how those things worked, but he couldn't help but feel in his gut that he was now the worst kind of murderer. He didn't even deserve to have his shoulder fixed and his arm in a sling as far as he was concerned, though Mylorah had already scolded him for saying so. He hadn't wanted to upset her so much. He hadn't meant to do a lot of things.

And now he was going to find out what was going to happen to him. Fetch trudged in through the door once he was summoned and said a quiet, "Thank you," before he took his seat, careful not to bump his arm. He at least didn't shrink in his chair, though it was hard to meet R'nya's gaze for long as he listened. The thought of being banished from all of the Weyrs made him feel even more sick to his stomach, but would it matter even if he wasn't? Would the other dragon eggs he touched know he'd done something so awful? Probably.

Fetch started to speak but his voice cracked and he winced, taking a breath before he tried again. "I.. I was going to touch an egg but a couple of other candidates started fighting. So I just," he paused to swallow the lump out of his throat before continuing, "I just grabbed one and picked him up like I would if one of my younger brothers was fighting... but the other one just came at me too and then I lost my balance and fell and..." Fetch couldn't stop his voice from choking as he angrily rubbed a tear from out of his eye. "Then I killed a baby. I didn't mean it, but I don't think I can do anything to make it better."

PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

R'nya
of Bronze Xyreith

Date of Birth
13.09.697, 46
Height
6'
Eyes
Grey-blue
Build
Fit, athletic
Hair
Black

Threads

R'nya nodded, once, when Fediletch finished speaking, mulling over what he had said. It was the same as the report he’d gotten from Rhaedalyn and Aradissicath, and that pleased him. One of the boys who had been fighting had tried to pawn off more of the blame onto the others than R’nya had believed to be true. He let the silence draw out, allowing Fediletch to pull himself back together while R’nya considered his options. After a moment, he spoke.

“Malvayth has requested,” demanded really, but R’nya didn’t feel like elaborating on being bossed around by a gold dragon. “That you be barred from her Hatching. Both the upcoming, and any future ones, including viewing them.” It was fair enough, really, and R’nya didn’t have any issues with the demand. He was fairly sure the dragon would be absolutely impossible come Hatching without the young man that had murdered her daughter standing amongst the candidates – or even watching from nearby.

Leaning forward, R’nya waited until he caught Fediletch’s gaze, and held it for a few moments until the boy looked away. “As far as Standing at Fort goes, you will be barred from Candidacy until Malvayth’s daughter has her first clutch.” Which could be anything from two years, to five, depending on when she felt the urge to Fly. “While I will not recommend you be barred from the other Weyrs, you must understand that they may do so of their own discretion.” He paused for a moment, so that Fediletch could take in and understand all that he’d said so far. “You are not being kicked out of the Weyr,” he said gently. “But I will also have a rider available for you if you wish to transfer elsewhere.”

Date of Birth
04.03.723, 22
Height
6'5"
Eyes
Build
Beefy and solid
Hair
Blonde and usually kept short, he tries to keep it combed but it has a tendency towards getting mussed.

Threads

It stung to hear that the gold didn't want him around, but Fediletch couldn't blame her. Even if he hadn't been banned he wouldn't have been able to bring himself to Stand after what he'd done. He nodded in understanding, unsure of what else he could do really. He wouldn't fight back against any of the punishments, he didn't want to.

If anything he was surprised he wasn't banned for life from Standing at Fort. The fact that he wasn't even being kicked out now almost felt too nice. But it did mean he'd be able to hang around until after the hatching so he could see how Mylorah did. He tried to hold back more tears as he nodded. "Thank you for letting me stay for longer... I just want to see how some friends do... even if I can't watch maybe I can see them afterwards. I'll go back to Telgar after."

Fetch would find out if they were going to add to his punishment when he got back, but he was having a difficult time trying to think of anything positive. He couldn't even bring himself to hope that they'd let him Stand sooner. He should have been stronger, or braced himself better, or done anything at all differently to try to prevent what had happened, or to at least not have been the one who had killed the baby.

"I'm sorry," he said, though he knew it wouldn't change anything. "I'll try to stay out of trouble while I'm here." He was probably going to try to stay out of everything if he was honest. He just wanted to lie down on his cot and not move until after he found out if Mylorah or August impressed or not before he went back home.

R'nya
of Bronze Xyreith

Date of Birth
13.09.697, 46
Height
6'
Eyes
Grey-blue
Build
Fit, athletic
Hair
Black

Threads

R’nya resisted the urge to massage his temples when the young man thanked him for letting him stay longer. He liked to think he wasn’t a monster, though Rhaedalyn had made it well known she disproved of the extended banning from their Hatching Sands, since Aradissicath had no issues with the boy Standing for her eggs. That was all very well, but R’nya felt he had to set an example of some description and he had no idea how long to ban the kid for. He wasn’t at fault, so it shouldn’t be long but something terrible had happened, so it should. Hence the choice to let the unborn gold determine the length of time. Considering the number of golds that chose to fly before they even finished Weyrlinghood, R’nya didn’t think Fediletch would be off the Sands for too long.

An eyebrow raised when Fediletch said he would be going home to Telgar, and R’nya blinked. Did the young man know that was where Malvayth was going after her current clutch had Hatched? He decided to ask, just to make sure the boy wasn’t going to get a nasty surprise. “That is the Weyr Cazan and Malvayth are transferring to after the Hatching.” It wouldn’t matter if the pair lived in the same Weyr, they were big enough for Fediletch to avoid Malvayth until she forgot who he was specifically, but he seemed rather worked up over everything (understandably) that R’nya wanted to make sure he knew what was going on.

“I know,” R’nya said in response to the apology. It was easy to see the young man was very upset about everything and R’nya couldn’t say that he blamed him. He still remembered the time Indivara had knocked hard on the unhatched gold egg, expecting to prompt the baby out faster, only to have the fragile shell break and the gold dud gloop all over her feet. That had been an experience. “Everything will work out,” R’nya assured Fediletch, his expression soft. Having a hoard of little girls had made him much more aware of how to act around upset youth. “You may go, unless you have any further questions?”

Date of Birth
04.03.723, 22
Height
6'5"
Eyes
Build
Beefy and solid
Hair

Threads

Oh no. Fetch's heart sank and his stomach churned uneasily at the thought of the very angry gold following him home. He'd just have to try to stay out of their way as best as he was able to. Unless he wanted to transfer elsewhere. Probably not to Fort, since he was already in enough trouble here. He knew Telgar, it was home and he didn't want to leave it just because he could be uncomfortable. He would probably be just as uncomfortable anywhere else. He swallowed and nodded in acknowledgement. "Thank you for telling me... I guess I'll just... try to stay out of their way."

Fediletch ran his fingers through his hair as he thought about how awful and uncomfortable he still felt, and how it was likely to only get worse. He nodded in response to the Weyrleader's reassurance, though he wasn't sure if he could really believe it would work out. He didn't want to give up on the dragons, but he wouldn't blame them if they gave up on him. "I... I'll just go. I don't have any question. Thank you."

He got up and trudged back out of the Weyrleader's office, head hanging low as he made his way back to the candidate barracks and his cot. He felt sick and lost and powerless, though he supposed he had a little bit of hope that he might be able to still Stand back home or at some other Weyrs. If he ever wanted to Stand again. For now he considered wisdom that his mother had once given him and decided he was just going to sleep on it and hope he felt a little better when he woke up.

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)