World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [C] 741.12.14 | New Opportunities
9am | Corvilis

D'hys
of Blue Zeianth

Date of Birth
29.12.695, 49
Height
6'3
Eyes
Blue
Build
Extremely fit
Hair
Blonde, shag

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
D'hys stared at the kid that had decided knocking on his door was wise. He didn't know this boy which meant he was likely a Candidate of little interest and likely from another Weyr. He tended to avoid them, finding they had little to offer him and would only waste his time. Weyrlings were often given the same treatment, but the small class in Ista had struck something in him with the way they cared for their sickly dragons. They had earned his respect and protection, something this boy before him had neither of.

D'hys was currently convinced this would waste his time. If the kid was newly Searched, he could be looking for a bluerider to help him adjust to the lifestyle. If he had been around long enough, rumours of the pleasures he could bestow on someone may have reached him and he was curious. There was also a slim chance he had been told there may be some work available. If the latter was the case, then who recommended him and why hadn't they sent word about the kid? That meant he was here based on rumours of sex or shady business. Lovely.

"I find myself wondering what brings you to my door and if it will be worth interrupting my work out," D'hys finally spoke, giving a reason for why he had answered the door shirtless and holding a length of rope that he had been jumping not two minutes earlier.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

V'lis
of Brown Pharalth

Date of Birth
02.05.721, 23
Height
6'0"
Eyes
Black
Build
Trim
Hair
Black

Threads

Written By: BardlyThere
Corvilis tilted his head as he studied D'hys for a moment. It didn't take a genius to see the man was annoyed and ready to dismiss him at least. He wasn't sure yet if torment was on the table. So he just had to convince this guy to give him the time of day, and given the feeling of impatience he was getting from this initial greeting, Corv decided to go the blunt route. He'd already checked to make sure no one else was lurking in the hall after all. "A friend of mine, Narinoa, said you might have some interesting work to do. I'm looking for something that pays decently enough, and since I'm only here for the hatchings I figured it would be more efficient to try to get in on something someone already has going than try to think up a score on my own."

He wasn't sure if the namedrop was a good one, Narinoa was no paragon of virtue, but he wasn't sure if using a drug fueled slut as a reference would give the right idea. So he decided to share something decidedly not sexual to try to offer a bit of clarification. "So far I've just been hustling card games for extra marks, but I heard you know some better ways to make a bit extra. My name's Corvilis."

Hopefully this guy would be willing to let him in on a few things, but Corv had the impression he might have to jump through a couple of hoops to actually get in on any action.

PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

D'hys
of Blue Zeianth

Date of Birth
29.12.695, 49
Height
6'3
Eyes
Blue
Build
Extremely fit
Hair
Blonde, shag

Threads

D’hys sighed and waved Corvilis inside. While he figured the kid knew not to run his mouth with anyone around, D’hys still checked the hall with a quick glance in each direction before shutting the door. “Sit,” he ordered with a nod toward the chairs in his living room and then went to put away the rope as a stalling tactic so he could think while his guest stewed.

So he had been right that the man was there based on rumours but didn’t seem to know any specifics. If his only source was Narinoa, it made sense. He wouldn’t even know who Narinoa was if it hadn’t been for the help he provided to the small Ista class. D’hys had looked into everyone that was closely tied to that clutch, ensuring the best people were taking care of those dragons. Narinoa’s background was beastcraft and it didn’t seem like he had a bad past. The only things that were somewhat noteworthy were the man was a complete whore a normal day and had been addicted to a sex drug for a while. Nothing that remarkable and he seemed to stay sober when examining the dragons so it didn’t earn him a visit from an angry bluerider.

“What makes you think I’m in need of a card shark? I’m not much for the hustle these days,” D’hys sat in the other chair opposite of Corvilis. He affected a casual slouch in the chair, making it seem like he was comfortable with a visitor but a closer inspection showed he was poised to jump up for any reason. “I trade more in information for protection though I suppose I could toss a few marks out instead. If that doesn’t interest you, then tell me what else you’re good at and what you’re willing to do.”

V'lis
of Brown Pharalth

Date of Birth
02.05.721, 23
Height
6'0"
Eyes
Black
Build
Trim
Hair
Black

Threads

Getting his foot in the door, so to speak, was a good start. Corvilis walked in plopping down in one of the indicated chairs, not quite slouching, but not ramrod straight either. He wanted to be comfortable enough without trying to posture like he owned the place, he was the new guy here after all, and trying to get some work for extra money, not get kicked out.

He casually took a look around the man's living quarters, studying the layout with practiced curiosity, noting anything that looked remotely valuable and entry and exit points out of habit. Corv felt a small eager spike of curiosity from Sky and silently willed the little beast into behaving. He didn't want an interruption, and especially not a demonstration, of the tricks he'd managed to teach his firelizards. He redirected Sky once the blue reluctantly began to back off, sending him to pester Fetch instead for a bit of a distraction.

When D'hys sat down across from him and asked his question, Corvilis quickly shook his head. "I'm hoping for something with a bit more potential than cards anyway. Before I went to Ista Weyr to become a candidate I was a thief," he very carefully phrased that to avoid any accusations that he was still stealing to try and hurt his candidacy, "I've got a lot of practice getting into and out of places, being subtle, and I'm a good climber among other things."

He scratched at the stubble on his chin thoughtfully for a moment as he considered the other half of the question, what he'd be willing to do. "If the pay is right and the risk is manageable enough I suppose there's a lot I'd do. I've never beaten anyone for money, just over a drunk misunderstanding. I've trained dogs to do that for other people though." And he had trained Fern to set things on fire, but he wasn't about to just volunteer that quite yet.

D'hys
of Blue Zeianth

Date of Birth
29.12.695, 49
Height
6'3
Eyes
Blue
Build
Extremely fit
Hair
Blonde, shag

Threads

It would be easy enough to send the kid away but D'hys had a feeling that this one had the ability to run his mouth and make things difficult if he didn't get what he wanted. That could be a problem in controlling him but it also made D'hys want to keep Covilis under his thumb to ensure he stayed loyal and lips stayed sealed. He did applaud the initiative in coming to see him with such confidence in what little he had to offer.

He considered the kid again, estimating his agility and debating the skills. A thief would be useful in some cases and if Corvilis was quick on his feet and good at getting into hard to access areas, it could work. "It would be basic tasks to begin so we can test your ability to gather what is needed and how discreet you are about it. Simple tasks would earn simple marks but impress me enough and I'll task you with larger jobs that will make you richer."

D'hys drummed his fingers on the arm of the chair as he once more debated the merits and where to start the kid out. He was stuck in Fort for the Hatchings which left a couple of options that would be easy enough tasks to test him and give D'hys some time to look further into his newest minion.

"I've had word that a greenrider is running his mouth and stirring up trouble. Find out who that is and what they're hoping to do." He already knew the answers but hadn't acted on anything yet so it was a good test for Corvilis. "Succeed in that and I may have something for your old thievery skills."

V'lis
of Brown Pharalth

Date of Birth
02.05.721, 23
Height
6'0"
Eyes
Black
Build
Trim
Hair
Black

Threads

Corvilis expected to be started out small so he had no problem with that, he just hoped that this man actually meant it when he said that bigger and better jobs were down the way if he did well. He didn't think D'hys would just keep dangling that in front of his face, he seemed too direct for that sort of bullshit. So Corv nodded in agreement. "Sounds good."

At least Corv was a patient man when he wasn't being a horny drunk. He quietly watched D'hys as the man drummed on the chair and thought. He admittedly was surprised when he heard the first little job. "That's all? Just find out who's talking shit and why?" Even if he was supposed to be subtle about it this didn't sound like anything that would be too hard to do. Still, he didn't want to sound so over confident to the point of being cocky.

"I'll see what I can find out and let you know. Do you want me to send a firelizard with a note or just come knocking again?" With how he'd been greeted at the door, Corv wasn't sure that D'hys even wanted to do business from his weyr. The man could have a secret office tucked away somewhere for all he knew.

D'hys
of Blue Zeianth

Date of Birth
29.12.695, 49
Height
6'3
Eyes
Blue
Build
Extremely fit
Hair
Blonde, shag

Threads

"That's all," D'hys echoed, amused at the confidence. It was a fairly simple task but that didn't mean simply blurring out to anyone who would listen that he was looking for a troublemaker would work. Discreet questions and eavesdropping worked best, both things that an impatient man could fail at. This would be a test of character as much as skill.

"No firelizards," D'hys replied sternly with a hard stare at Corvilis. Candidates were always so fascinated with the creatures and seemed to find a way to interact with them as much as possible. "The little plaguebringers are notoriously untrustworthy. I put up with them on official business when I must but otherwise, they stay away." Given Rhaedalyn's flock, it was hard to fully avoid them but D'hys thought he had done well since they reappeared.

"I'll find you in two days. That should be more than enough time to get me what I want." D'hys stood, silently indicating the meeting was over. "Muss up your hair and act like you just had your mouth fucked. Visiting for pleasure is preferred to people knowing you're one of my operatives." Sometimes those went hand and hand but in this case it was more believable that he would actually fuck a Candidate than use one for the shady dealings everyone loved to create rumours about.

V'lis
of Brown Pharalth

Date of Birth
02.05.721, 23
Height
6'0"
Eyes
Black
Build
Trim
Hair
Black

Threads

Corvilis raised an eyebrow at the strong reaction to firelizards. He was more than fine to keep Sky and Fern away from D'hys, but he wasn't sure if he should bring up that he used them to help with his thieving. They were handy for scouting ahead, grabbing small things, and could even open simple latches. Corv didn't strictly need their help, he'd broken into places before and could do so again without them, he still had to be the one to try and get more complicated locks open after all, but they were certainly handy.

"I'll keep them away then," he said with an easy shrug before standing up. Corv blinked at the final command, and after only a moment of hesitation reached up to toss his hair a bit. How exactly was he supposed to pull off a look to indicate he'd had his throat fucked? He supposed he could put on a sleepy expression, or just try to look profoundly disappointed and ashamed like he'd seen in the eyes of a few of his casual dalliances before he became a candidate. Instead he opted for something a bit more obvious and untucked his shirt and began undoing buttons so that he could act like he was hastily re-buttoning them up on his way out.

He let himself stumble out the door, grumbling softly to himself and putting on a show for anyone who happened to walk by. Now he just needed to go hit up the dining hall, keep an ear out, and ask a few subtle questions. He'd get D'hys his dirt, and hopefully he'd get to do some more interesting jobs after that.

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)