World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 04.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [C] [EVENT] 741.12.06 | Ghost Stories, Talismans & Other Fine Things
Quinvalis & Zarel, 9am

Date of Birth
28.01.731, 14
Height
4'8"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Average
Hair
Brown

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Archived
Mama said that sometimes hiding away was a good thing that it was time to make yourself stronger and she knew a lot, so Zarel sat and nodded at the other creche kids who were talking about him. Not only were they talking a few of them were making fun of him for getting stamped on and not getting Impressed. It was so rude. There was a guy named Quivalis who hid away, right? That was the guy's name who almost died on the Sands.

Exercising the better part of caution in not slapping the bullies in their ugly ovine faces for being so horrible, she stood up, marched off to the dining hall, got some klah - fresh - and tracked down the man.

Because having a visitor could be helpful too. She told herself she'd be quieter and best behaved as she knocked on the right door this time. The last two times were wrong and she felt pretty silly about that.

But this time she called out, "Quinvalis? I thought you might want some klah. I'm Zarel from Benden and Mama is visiting so I decided to come too. There were some kids funning on you in creche and I--" She huffed.

"I was wondering if it would be okay if I talked to you."

PA - First Post!

Qu'va
of Blue Dalsuth

Date of Birth
14.02.723, 22
Height
6'0
Eyes
Brown
Build
Average
Hair
Brown, shaggy

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
Rhaedalyn had decided all of her girls would do well socializing in the creche that day so Quinvalis found himself with a day off. He thought about finding Aederyn to see what she was up to in her free time but after a quick visit with Malvayth, he learned she spent time with Cazan learning some leather work. That sounded kind of cool but he didn't want to invite himself along but thought about maybe asking after it another time. He promised Malvayth he would be back for their afternoon oiling and went back to his little room he shared with three other Candidates.

They were all out doing their own chores so it was the perfect morning to relax and maybe read. Or so he thought when a knock came a half hour later. He had no idea who it was even with the name given or what she was talking about.

He almost ignored it, pretending he wasn't in but sighed and went to the door after a moment. Zarel seemed intent on talking to him so he could give her a few minutes of his time. He opened the door and frowned when he saw a child. It made sense given the voice, referencing her mama, and something about the creche but Quinvalis still hadn't expected someone so young.

"I'm Quinvalis. Can I help you?"

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Date of Birth
28.01.731, 14
Height
4'8"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Average
Hair
Brown

Threads

"Yes, I think." She lifted the carafe of klah with a bright smile. "Please have some klah with me and would it be okay if I talked with you about Candidacy and-- And I want to know about why people would be funning on you. I thought it was really mean of them. I have two mugs!"

She held up the two mugs solemnly, her dark eyes wide.

"I'm Zarel from Benden Weyr and I really want to Stand. But I want to be very sure, you see. So, I wanted to talk to you and hear what you think. I haven't enough turns yet, of course, but I will someday."

PA - First Post!

Qu'va
of Blue Dalsuth

Date of Birth
14.02.723, 22
Height
6'0
Eyes
Brown
Build
Average
Hair
Brown, shaggy

Threads

He stood there dumbfounded as he tried to take in everything she said. He was pretty sure she didn’t need to breathe and he could feel the headache coming on. The best thing to do was to turn her away and lie down but Quinvalis sighed and waved her inside. The room was small with four beds and four chests. Not much else was needed, really. He sat down on his bed and waited for Zarel to join him, pondering on some of what she said.

“Standing is scary but you’re not locked into it once you start. If you don’t want to after some point, then you don’t have to.” Wasn’t she the weyrbrat? Shouldn’t she know these sorts of things? How was anything he said going to help her decide when it was a personal choice about whether or not you wanted to bond with a dragon?

“And I have no idea why a bunch of kids would make fun of someone behind their back. They’re kids, Zarel, it’s what they do. Doesn’t matter if there’s a real reason or something they made up.” Quinvalis was certain there was a long list of things kids could come up with for anyone but he knew he wasn’t immune to it. Even playing baby-sitter for the leadership earned him some gossip.

Date of Birth
28.01.731, 14
Height
4'8"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Average
Hair
Brown

Threads

"They were saying that if dragons don't like you they might actually kill you," she said with a frown. "And I know that can't be right because dragons a good and when they are little, sometimes they don't know their own strength. Mama says so and she's a Candidate."

She found a pot to sit on a chest and set the carafe down.

"But I've never been there, I mean, to see a Hatching. Mama says you musn't be afraid of things that might or might not happen. But you've been on the Sands and the kids said you got hurt by the dragonets and it was a lot."

Zarel poured him a cup of klah and placed into his hands very carefully before pouring her own just as carefully. Her dark eyes found his again.

"They almost made you a ghost. I'm glad you're better now. That had to be awful, a million times more awful than anyone but you would know, though. Did it change your mind about being a Candidate? Will you Stand again?"

PA - First Post!

Qu'va
of Blue Dalsuth

Date of Birth
14.02.723, 22
Height
6'0
Eyes
Brown
Build
Average
Hair
Brown, shaggy

Threads

Why couldn't he baby-sitting today? He supposed he was as he watched the girl pour klah. But at least he was used to the questions Alyren and Varlea peppered him with. He hadn't been expecting a stranger to stroll up to him and ask about his mauling and imply he should be dead. He didn't need kids pointing that out--he thought about it regularly.

It was becoming pretty obvious that he wasn't meant for a dragon and that Standing would just lead to more injuries. He knew he was useless and now he knew that dragons didn't want him either. It was a lot to live with and sometimes he felt dead inside when he thought about how disappointed his mom and R'nya would be when he aged out or just gave up Standing.

"Maybe I did die that day and I am a ghost," Quinvalis replied, figuring it was a part truth. A part of him did die that day even if his body betrayed him and survived. He took a sip of the klah that had just been serving as a hand warmer until that moment.

Would he Stand again? "I'm still recovering. I'll decide when I'm healed."

Date of Birth
28.01.731, 14
Height
4'8"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Average
Hair
Brown

Threads

"No, silly. You're not a ghost or I couldn't have given you klah," she said pointedly. "But things a different now. Mama always said that if you have the heart for something you'll keep running for the happiness that makes your heart sing. So, in the end, you gotta do what is best for your heart and your spirit."

She sat cross-legged on a box with socked feet, her shoes having been left outside the door, and drank her klah for a moment of two.

"My mama's been standing for clutches since before I was born and that's a really, really long time. So, just because you got hurt really bad, it doesn't mean anything beyond you being in the wrong place. Mama said that she heard that sometimes dragons Impress and then die because they were hurt or the person they Impressed died on the Sands. And I think maybe they become ghost dragons then because they never really got to live."

She regarded him for a while.

"Don't become a living ghost person, Quinvalis. Okay? I hope you Stand and I hope you do Impress the best dragon ever. If you want to."

PA - First Post!

Qu'va
of Blue Dalsuth

Date of Birth
14.02.723, 22
Height
6'0
Eyes
Brown
Build
Average
Hair
Brown, shaggy

Threads

"Uh-huh," Quinvalis was very much done with this conversation and the kid. What was she, like eight? She had moments of being wiser than that but that was where he was pegging her, which made him almost grin at how that was apparently a really long time for her mom to Stand. He should have started a counter for how often she referred to her mom. He regarded his own mother with love and respect and often wondered what she would do or say in some crazy situation but he didn't think he ever gave them voice, especially to people who didn't ask for it.

While he found it amusing that she wouldn't let him call himself a ghost, she believed in that nonsense of ghost dragons and then told him not to become a living ghost like he implied he already was--he wasn't going to get into that. He didn't want to tell a kid things she believed in weren't real and didn't want to continue such a conversation about himself with a stranger.

"Thanks for the klah and pep talk, Zarel. Shouldn't you head back before your mama worries about where you got to?"

Date of Birth
28.01.731, 14
Height
4'8"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Average
Hair
Brown

Threads

"I suppose I should! Was the klah okay? I made it myself," she said. And then she dug into her little pack and brought out a very small glowing pendant and handed it to him.

"For luck, no matter what you choose," Zarel grinned broadly. "If you hold it up, it casts colours of light. You might need it some day."

With that done, she left him to drink his klah. She had seen nothing wrong with the man, so now, she was going to go tell those stupid kids to stop being infants over something they didn't know about. It doesn't matter what happened on the Sands as long as it was survivable and you didn't make it become your life.

But growing up is hard and knowing how to do that when it makes its mark on you? Yeah, that's hard, too. She hoped he would make the right choice for himself and for his life.

Maybe he'd Stand and Impress. Maybe he wouldn't. She just hoped he'd be happy, that's all anyone deserves in life.

PA - First Post!

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)