World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [C] [EVENT] 741.12.06 | Bathing Buddies
5am | Elloren (Secret Santa Event)

Mylorah
of Gold Amagrith

Date of Birth
10.02.721, 24
Height
5'8
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
Curvy
Hair
Brown, long

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
Mylorah was used to public baths. She was born and raised in Katila where they only had the public bathhouse and the stream and when they moved to the North, she’d always lived in the Candidate quarters. It never bothered her and she wasn’t body shy either but she wasn’t in her usual Weyr and didn’t know the general routine of the population at Benden to help avoid the heavier flow of people.

She was visiting a friend for a couple of nights and he didn’t have his own bath in his weyr so she was up early, hoping it was early enough to avoid the crowd. Making friends in the bath was fun and it was a great icebreaker for a lot of people. Hard to struggle with conversation or be awkward when you’d seen each other’s bits on full display!

Lightly humming a song that had been stuck in her head for the last two days, Mylorah found her way down the halls and to the bathing room. Slipping into the room and shutting the door behind her, Mylorah hadn’t taken in a full view of the room yet but it had been quiet enough that she assumed it was empty and pulled her dress over her head as she moved over to a table. Setting it and her towel down, she turned from the table and saw she was wrong in her assumption and gave a little startled jump and laugh as she spotted a redheaded woman already soaking in the water.

“Oh, sorry! You were so quiet I thought I was alone. Mind if I join you?” Mylorah always thought it was polite to ask in case someone in the water was a holder that was still adjusting to the ways of the Weyr. She didn’t recognise the woman the at least so there was a chance the woman was recently new since Benden opened. She didn’t think they had Stood together, anyway. She always tried to befriend fellow Candidates.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Date of Birth
01.27.722, 23
Height
6'3"
Eyes
Green
Build
Fit/Muscular
Hair
Red

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Archived
"Please do," Elloren couldn't sink any further down, so she stayed to soak her cramping muscles. "I don't think I've met you before. I've only just started Standing. I'm Elloren, candidate, currently."

She gestured with a large but fine-boned hand with elegantly kept nails. Her face had high cheekbones, a slightly square shaped face, with a bit of a pointed chin. Elloren had really felt like one of the boys growing up, so if she was actually pretty, she never acknowledged it. The hight difference between her and most girls, especially with this last growth spurt that said she was headed toward her older bother R'yen's height, was usually fairly vast.

Naked as she was, her breasts were even, and freckled like the rest of her, and she had a decent rear, which she rested on comfortably. It was all in proportion, just...larger as if someone had pitted her against the world and just scaled her up.

Mylorah didn't seem too much smaller though, within inches of her, maybe. Elloren dunked her head to wet her long red hair, grabbed some soapsand and went to work on the long strands.

"Hopefully I shan't crowd you," Elloren added.

PA - First Post!

Mylorah
of Gold Amagrith

Date of Birth
10.02.721, 24
Height
5'8
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
Curvy
Hair
Brown, long

Threads

"I'm Mylorah, jungle girl," Mylorah smiled, returning the greeting as she embraced the nickname. It was what she was and the ladies of the Holds could kiss her ass if they tried using it against her again.

She gave Elloren an inquisitive look, wondering why she worried about crowding her. It was a public bath, they could fit several people at a time but as she crouched down to step into the water, she thought she knew why. It was hard to tell in the water, but the woman looked like she was taller than even her. Mylorah knew she was hardly the tallest girl around but she was among their friends but it never bothered her. It made her unique. But Elloren seemed to be one of those shy Holder girls despite sharing the water and was quick with forms of apologies.

She settled into the water, taking a moment to enjoy the warmth. She was such a water baby and would live in it if she could. Then following her companion, dunked her head under water so she could start with washing her hair. "So how are you liking the Weyr so far? It must be pretty different from home. Hope it hasn't been too overwhelming."

Date of Birth
01.27.722, 23
Height
6'3"
Eyes
Green
Build
Fit/Muscular
Hair
Red

Threads

"Hello Mylorah," Elloren said with a warm smile. She wasn't modest at all but she was tall as if one thing had anything to do with the other. "It's been fine, really. I love getting to see and sometimes even interact with dragons on a daily basis. They're so lovely and I don't mind washing or oiling at all. They sort of remind me of very, very large horses in many ways. I helped my da at Benden Hold with the family's horses from the time I was small."

Another smile, a soft one.

"You came from Katila? That's amazing...I've only been at Benden. Maybe if I Impress I'll be able to see the whole of Pern. Did you like the jungle?"

PA - First Post!

Mylorah
of Gold Amagrith

Date of Birth
10.02.721, 24
Height
5'8
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
Curvy
Hair
Brown, long

Threads

Mylorah wrinkled her nose at the mention of horses. They were nice enough animals but she didn’t fully trust that intelligence in their eyes. How could an animal be that smart but not communicate like dragons? She knew a lot of her Katila-born friends felt the same way. She was starting to believe R’dal’s theory that they could communicate but chose not to because humans weren’t ready for that connection and they worried about the revenge from dragons. Or something. She loved him but he was hard to follow sometimes.

“You don’t have to wait until you Impress. If you befriend a dragonrider, they’ll usually be happy to take someone flying.” She grabbed some more soap to work further down her hair. It was starting to get too long and a trim was needed but maybe she’d leave it for a bit and see what others thought. The upkeep was a pain, though. “I loved the jungle. We were in our own world. Those of us that were born there knew nothing else. We only had stories of what the rest of the world was like and I think a lot of us thought they were as fake as fairy tales and ghost stories. But it was beautiful and peaceful.” Until the landslide but Mylorah always did her best to block that out and focused on what life was like before that terrible night.

Date of Birth
01.27.722, 23
Height
6'3"
Eyes
Green
Build
Fit/Muscular
Hair
Red

Threads

"I suppose I've never had a chance to befriend a dragonrider before," Elloren said with a soft, pleasant sounding laugh. "My brothers and I all made a pact to Stand and hopefully Impress. R'yen did at Telgar but he transferred to Benden to be with Yanen and me. He says it's for luck."

Her long fingers brushed the water's surface.

"Mmm, Katila sounds like it's a nice place but then, it's like a tale where there's a land of dragons and wonder for me. I didn't see my first dragon until a few turns ago, when they sent out the news that you were all coming back. I was so excited...and they were more lovely creatures than I'd ever imagined. Some were bigger, too, of course. They, I think, will always fill me with wonder. Getting the chance to Impress one, to be able to fly, and maybe even help people, that's like stepping into some dream."

PA - First Post!

Mylorah
of Gold Amagrith

Date of Birth
10.02.721, 24
Height
5'8
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
Curvy
Hair
Brown, long

Threads

"Your brother!" Mylorah exclaimed with a laugh, "then you do have someone that could take you on flights and show you the world. Typical brothers holding out until you beg them or barter." She chuckled as she shook her head in mock disappointment. Her siblings were pretty great, usually. K'dar had his moments but he always caved as well.

As she rinsed her hair, Mylorah once again tried seeing the dragons and Weyr as someone not born into it. She still thought dragons were wonderful but they had always been in her life so she had a feeling she lacked some of the wonder that Elloren had. But she had such elation every time a hatchling appeared or when the sweet little babies reached their full size and seemed like a new dragon so that was probably closer in feeling.

"I'm glad they Searched you, Elloren. You sound perfect for a dragon and for the life of a rider. I think some people forget that they're here to help keep people safe from Thread and wherever else they can help."

Date of Birth
01.27.722, 23
Height
6'3"
Eyes
Green
Build
Fit/Muscular
Hair
Red

Threads

"Oh goodness," she said with a bright laugh. "I'm still so used to him being my brother, I hadn't thought of him as anything but despite his name change! I suppose he could take me on a circuit to the places he's been to, that wouldn't take much. I could make him a new tuinic, he's always in need of one."

Elloren shook her head again. Of course her brother was a dragonrider, silly. He'd been so for a while and yet het been at Telgar for so long that he seemed still like the old Royen when they'd written back and forth.

"Mmn, I happy to hear you say that. The blue who Searched me was lovely and said I was excellent for a candidate, though he said I should stop being afraid of what height I am and focus on what a help I am. I know he's right but old habits are hard to break."

PA - First Post!

Mylorah
of Gold Amagrith

Date of Birth
10.02.721, 24
Height
5'8
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
Curvy
Hair
Brown, long

Threads

Mylorah studied her companion, again noting that she did appear to be on the taller side and figured that it was why she tried to cover up and worried about the space. The girl must have grown up with some jerks that always teased her and Mylorah was even happier Elloren was at the Weyr now. It wasn't perfect and there would always be jerks running their mouths but in her experience, the Weyrs were much more accepting than the Holds.

"Then you were Searched by a wise blue. Who cares about your height or size? That just makes more of you to love and makes you unique and beautiful. Just look at how many different hair colours and lengths people have." It was a bit different comparing those to height but they still made someone stand out. And then Mylorah recalled Cazan.

"My brother's girlfriend is a couple of inches taller than even me and I always thought I was tall. She also wears her hair short like a man, even when she lived in a Hold. She has such am easy confidence to her that even I'm a bit envious!" She laughed lightly, knowing everyone she knew would find that hard to believe with how outgoing and confident she appeared.

She began scrubbing her arms and then standing to start on her chest and work her way down her body. "If you don't focus on it, not many others will either. It's who you are so own it. I bet we can find you some cute dresses to show off your legs."

Date of Birth
01.27.722, 23
Height
6'3"
Eyes
Green
Build
Fit/Muscular
Hair
Red

Threads

"I really loved the blue, Danileth, I met. He was really quite extraordinary. Soft spoken, too. I didn't think he'd talk to me, so that was a surprise. Beautiful voice." Elloren tilted her head a little. Well, she supposed Mylorah was right about there being more of her. It was certainly true.

"My brothers are all very tall, most of my family is, though my father is an inch or so shorter than I am and I'm still growing. I'll be six feet and three inches if this keeps up and that's how tall R'yen is."

She laughed softly and ducked under the water for a moment before popping back up.

"I'll...I'll eventually get over it once I have something better to focus on, like a dragon. At least I can hope." Elloren grinned. "I sew very well and make my own clothing, I just don't do many dresses. Sometimes, it's easier to take men's clothing and reshape them to my fitting."

PA - First Post!

Mylorah
of Gold Amagrith

Date of Birth
10.02.721, 24
Height
5'8
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
Curvy
Hair
Brown, long

Threads

Mylorah gave a little shrug at the thought that a dragon would change Elloren. Maybe it would help her stop obsessing over her height. It wasn't something she could change and Mylorah figured it was best to accept it and move on. But there was only so much she could say in a bath but she hoped it would still help Elloren think on it and let go.

She sat down on the edge so she could scrub clean her legs next. "I still think you should try dresses. Convert a man's shirt into one if you want. Because as someone who currently has a great view of your legs, they should be out there enticing everyone." Mylorah smiled before she finally slipped back into the water to rinse her body off.

"Have you looked into helping the ladies that do the mending here? They always love extra hands and it would help you meet more residents as well since everyone needs their skills at some point."

Date of Birth
01.27.722, 23
Height
6'3"
Eyes
Green
Build
Fit/Muscular
Hair
Red

Threads

Elloren cleared sat up on the lip to scrub at her legs (again) and looked thoughtful. Mending was as much fun as anything to do with sewing. Why not? She could do that just as readily as anything else and be more useful for it.

"Maybe I will wear more dresses," she said, her voice a soft, warm hum. "I look fine in them when they're done right. I gather in the tunics so they make a more flattering shape anyway. I'll have to stop by and see what my hands can do for mending. That is the least amount of effort I can do for the Weyr, after all."

She smiled at Mylorah for a moment, her blue eyes bright.

"Thank you for the suggestion."

PA - First Post!

Mylorah
of Gold Amagrith

Date of Birth
10.02.721, 24
Height
5'8
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
Curvy
Hair
Brown, long

Threads

Mylorah returned the smile, glad she could help in some way; even only a suggestion of where to help out. She was horrible at anything to do with sewing--lack of focus and ability to sew in a straight line made her a bit unpopular with the menders--but admired those that could do it and knew they would accept a new person in easily. Maybe she would peek in on that room while she was in Benden to see who was there and let them know to keep an eye out for a lovely but bit timid redhead.

"I'm usually in the kitchens at Ista Weyr. I'm a horrible cook but I'm good at prepping vegetables and take a turn at making butter sometimes as well so the real cooks tolerate me," she laughed as she teased herself. She honestly wouldn't want to cook for the entire Weyr. That was way too much pressure!

She soaked for a few more minutes before finally getting out to towel off. "I'm heading back to Ista this evening but if you see me at breakfast or lunch, please come sit me! Even if--especially if--I'm sitting with someone. I'll introduce you to my friends here."

Date of Birth
01.27.722, 23
Height
6'3"
Eyes
Green
Build
Fit/Muscular
Hair
Red

Threads

"Kitchen work is awful for my hands but I enjoy the cooking part more than the preparation. But sewing I could do half asleep."

She laughed at the thought

"I'd really enjoy that, getting to know your friends," Elloren confessed after rinsing off and working to towel dry her body and then her long red-gold hair that fell almost to her waist.

"Ista's a hop between, maybe I'll come visiting sometime when my bones arean't too frozen. I'm...well, this is my first time actually Standing, so I guess it'll be Fort I'm Standing for when it happens. Will you be attending - officially or unofficially?"

PA - First Post!

Mylorah
of Gold Amagrith

Date of Birth
10.02.721, 24
Height
5'8
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
Curvy
Hair
Brown, long

Threads

Mylorah was bent over with her hair flipped over her face so she could work on towelling it off when the question about Standing came. She frowned as she stared at the ground and gave one last ruffling of the towel before standing and flipping her hair back. “Fort is tricky to Stand for. Female Candidates that stay only at Fort can get some training at Healer Hall. I think it’s so goldriders will have more use during Threadfall and can help patch up the wounded. But they’re letting girls from other Weyrs Stand when there’s a gold egg but they have to stay in Fort upon graduating and get the training.”

She realised she was explaining the rules but not actually giving an answer. “I totally get that logic and I’d want to be useful as well but I don’t really want to be a healer of any level. I know the basics from living in Katila so that’s enough for now. So I won’t be Standing in Fort and as much as it pains me, I likely won’t attend as a spectator either.” She felt horrible for being so selfish. When only Ista allowed women to always Stand, Mylorah still went to the other Weyrs’ Hatchings to support her friends but now she was afraid she’d Impress like Cazan and she didn’t have amazing skills in a useful craft to help get her out of Healer Hall. Maybe guilt would eventually eat at her and she’d go anyway. If she didn’t go to Aradissicath’s, she’d probably break for Malvayth’s. Cazan was practically her sister with the way she and T’ryn looked at each other with hearts in their eyes! She had to watch the gold pair’s first Hatching.

“I heard Aradissicath should clutch soon so you’ll know if you’ll be allowed to Stand for her clutch soon. Then about a month later is Malvayth’s. So another chance for a gold egg to appear. I might attend that one. Goldrider Cazan is dating my brother, bronzerider T’ryn. But Syrendryth isn’t the sire as he’s mated to gold Bedith, the Weyrwoman of Telgar. It’s complicated.” She added when she remembered how new to the Weyr life Elloren was and how confusing and delightfully drama-filled her brother’s life could be even for those born in a Weyr.

Date of Birth
01.27.722, 23
Height
6'3"
Eyes
Green
Build
Fit/Muscular
Hair
Red

Threads

"It sounds complicated," Elloren said with a soft laugh. "If he's mated to Benden's gold, does that mean he won't Fly anyone but her ever again?" Because that was curious. "Or does it mean that she won't but he can?"

How did people function if a gold dragon decided to stick to one bronze but they were from another Weyr and the lifemates weren't exactly compatible for one reason or another? Elloren's eyebrows drew together in a scrunch.

"It's...yes, complicated is the right word for that. Weyrs...I don't know how people keep track of which, what, and where sometimes. I'm keeping notes, though."

Hm. Healing didn't sound so bad to Elloren.

"I suppose, if I do Impress there, Healing isn't that far from Beastcraft. I don't think it would bother me much. And not as a spectator? Oh...hm. I suppose there is a chance of Impression, though it doesn't happen that often, does it?"

PA - First Post!

Mylorah
of Gold Amagrith

Date of Birth
10.02.721, 24
Height
5'8
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
Curvy
Hair
Brown, long

Threads

"T'ryn is a good man. He used to live in Ista but moved to Telgar so the dragons could be together. He gets along well with Mulrissa but nothing romantic. And mated dragons usually prefer to stay together with Flights but they're still a race and other dragons will usually still give chase as well." Some respected mates and wouldn't enter a Flight but others liked the challenge or wanted to make the male mate earn his lady but Mylorah wasn't an absolute expert on dragons and their behaviours, she doubted she would gain much more insight when she had one of her own.

"It happens often enough to make me worry," Mylorah confessed with a laugh. "My brother's girlfriend Impressed in the Stands at Aradissicath's last Hatching. I'm sure she'd understand if I didn't attend her Hatching." Cazan was pretty chill about most things--when a screeching dragon wasn't stressing her out. She would likely get a nod of understanding and not hold it against her for ditching. But Mylorah knew herself well enough to know she would cave and go.

She slipped her dress back on and gathered up her towel. "Learning to heal and help others isn't exactly the worst thing to come out of Impressing but I also don't know if I'd want to be tied to Fort. Or tied down in general. Might be why a dragon hasn't found me yet." One day she'd be ready for all of the commitments that came with Impressing.

"Anyway, look for me at breakfast! I should get back to my friend. He should be waking up by now."

Date of Birth
01.27.722, 23
Height
6'3"
Eyes
Green
Build
Fit/Muscular
Hair
Red

Threads

Elloren finished drying off and waved at Mylorah. There was a lot of things to think about now, that was for sure. As she put on her underthings and trousers, she thought it would be an interesting day at the least. She was stopping by the menders and going to talk to the candidatemaster for a while about Fort and Impressing at other Weyrs.

And she was going to try and not let her height bother her.

It was a start.

PA - First Post!

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)