World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [C] 741.11.19 | Overdue Reunion
4pm | Zarah

Date of Birth
09.02.716, 29
Height
6'2"
Eyes
Dark blue
Build
Extremely fit, lean
Hair
Dark brown, curly

Threads

Written By: KiTelli
Feet heavy and slow, Alekse pushed himself the last mile up to the Weyr entrance. He had no message bundle in his pouch, having left it at station 42, which would be his new home for the time being. He’d met the old Master with a hearty handshake in greeting before a quick discussion of what his new duties would be. Starting the evening after next. Master Venan had given the time allowance with a wink, knowing the young man would be weary after his cross-continent run, and knowing from the number of letters back and forth through the station between Alekse and his special someone, that the he had another destination in mind, anyway. The old Runner had urged Alekse to stay and rest, but no…he was so close. Only a day’s run to the Weyr. One foot in front of the other. Keep moving. Don’t stop.

The tunnel, dark, damp and cold, opened out into the bowl of Benden Weyr. He blinked into the last rays of sunlight that glinted off of the dragon-claw-smoothed ledges, worn down from centuries of winged occupants. Stopping to take in the massiveness of it all, he felt, like he often did on lonely runs when he broke stride to take in a sunrise or watch a storm crawl across the horizon, that he was only a small, insignificant piece of something so much bigger. Figures of dragons and people milled about the Weyr, each set to some unknown task, and he marveled at the simple beauty of everything moving so well together in the ebb and flow of elegant, everyday life. The subtle spiciness of the massive creatures drifted across the light breeze, and he breathed the smell in deep.

At the edge of the Weyr bowl a child squealed in excited play, and he watched a group of young ones chase each other from what must be creche. A smile touched his lips at that. Then a blonde figure emerged from the lower caverns, calling to the little dark-haired girl -Zarel, he realized- not to run.

He’d only met this woman the one time, but he recognized her immediately, and his smile grew. The weight in his legs was still there, but somewhere he found a reserve of strength and willingness to move his bone-weary self forward again, and he strode lightly down to her.

She was facing away from him, and he stopped about a dragonlength behind her, savoring the moment. This moment, watching her call after her child, in her Weyr, just…her. Regardless of how she might respond, whether or not the sparks between them had faded or kept burning, he just wanted to live in this moment. Right here, right now, just as it was. There was nothing else that mattered. After what felt like an entirely too-short time, he spoke.

“No running…” he said, just loud enough to be heard by her. “Does that apply to me, too?”

PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Zahrah
of Gold Sedath

Date of Birth
06.11.713, 30
Height
5'6"
Eyes
Blue
Build
Trim, fit from hard work at Katila
Hair
Dirty Blonde

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Archived
For a moment she went very still as a smile broke over her face and she whirled, her head tilting a little as she looked him over. Oh, Faranth but he was a sight for sore eyes, wasn't he? She closed the space between them, her hands moving to cup his cheeks.

"Not if you're running my way, Runner Alekse," she murmured, pressing a kiss against his lips. "Come, have some water or klah even, and rest before Zarel gets a hold of you and I never see you again." The last was a definite joke because Zarel knew how much Alekse meant to her Mama.

It didn't mean the poor Runner wouldn't be assaulted with questions, though. Her cool fingertips brushed his cheeks for a moment more and then she was kissing him again, slowly, because she could, and her arms encircled his waist as she did so. That spark? It hadn't left, not even a little.

A bunch of kids were going OooOooOo at them but Zahrah paid them no mind. This wasn't for them, it was for her, for Alekse, and for the future.

"I missed you, my Runner," she murmured against his lips. "I missed you every day."

Date of Birth
09.02.716, 29
Height
6'2"
Eyes
Dark blue
Build
Extremely fit, lean
Hair
Dark brown, curly

Threads

He allowed himself to forget his leaden feet and imagined he had wings instead, for surely the is what it felt like to fly. His hands found their way to the nape of her neck, tangling in her hair as she greeted him with an enthusiastic kiss, and any doubt he held vanished like a dragon going between. He barely registered her offer of refreshment, nodding absently against her, just happy to finally be here.

She was kissing him again, and somewhere through the fatigue and fogginess and the rush of her lips against his he heard the buzz of conversation around them, and he chuckled at the small crowd they seem to have attracted.

“I’ve missed you, too.” He whispered, smiling against her.

He debated for a brief moment before deciding that letting her out of his arms wasn’t worth it, even to walk whatever short distance was needed. Energy somewhat renewed, in one swift movement, he reached an arm behind her legs and scooped her up, holding her against his chest and stifling any objections with another kiss. They’d already made a spectacle of themselves, so why not? He was enjoying just holding her, and she seemed to be more than comfortable in his arms.

“Where to, m’lady?” He asked, and nodded when she offered direction. Tossing a wink and a cheeky grin over his shoulder toward anyone who happened to be watching, Alekse started walking. Setting her down once they reached stairs more for safety than anything, he still kept hold of her hand in his. She led him to her and her daughter’s quarters where klah was then poured, and he made himself comfortable on the couch, his overworked muscles complaining as he let himself relax.

He beamed at her. “Master Venan sends his regards.” He looked around the space, taking in the little details of how she and Zarel had already made it feel like a home since the Weyr opened earlier in the turn. “I uh…I got your last letters…” he coughed, feeling a combination of nervousness and being quite pleased as he recalled the contents and invitation.

Zahrah
of Gold Sedath

Date of Birth
06.11.713, 30
Height
5'6"
Eyes
Blue
Build
Hair
Dirty Blonde

Threads

When he swept her up, she actually threw back her head and laughed, directing him to their weyr apartments gaily and with little cheek kisses. Faranth, she'd missed his presence ridiculously so. But the time they were sitting, her smile still hadn't worn off.

"Master Venan is a lovely man," she said with a wide smile. "We flew down to deliver those last letters, mind you, and the lanterns. I wanted to deliver them myself. As for my letter, my dear Alekse, you are welcome to stay as long as the good Master will let you."

She brushed her fingertips against his cheek.

"My daughter may occupy you when she's not in creche but there is time enough for us." Just them. Her Alekse, for he was, and she was his and both of them felt it with a depth that would have been startling with anyone else.

"Rest and recover. I have been granted two personal days," she said softy and kissed his cheek. "For you."

Date of Birth
09.02.716, 29
Height
6'2"
Eyes
Dark blue
Build
Extremely fit, lean
Hair
Dark brown, curly

Threads

Leaning into her touch, he captured her hand in his own, pressing a kiss to her open palm. Stealing a glance around the space, he decided that he could call it home. When he could, of course, as he’d be spending much time at station 42 or still on the traces.

He smiled at her words, wondering what she’d thought of that little taste of his world. When she said she’d been granted some free time his smile grew. He wanted to get to know her in her own space, and while two days wasn’t nearly enough, it would have to do for now. He’d make the most of the time he had. “I’ve got until the morning after tomorrow before I need to be on my way again. I’m to Run and meet Venan at the little unnumbered station between 42 and the Weyr. He tends them both, since that one doesn’t see enough traffic to warrant its own master.” He snaked an arm around her waist and pulled her closer to him, settling the woman neatly against his side and resting his chin on her head. This felt good.

A screech from outside caught his attention, and he turned his head toward the sound. Handsome appeared, chittering excitedly, images of dragons and smiling children flitting across to Alekse. Small but pounding footsteps were growing louder outside, and knowing who would be bursting into the room, Alekse stood, a wicked grin on his face. Making pointed eye contact with Zahrah, he held a finger to his lips to indicate silence, and jerked his thumb first at himself, then at the curtain that separated the main living space from the sleeping area. A snap of his fingers and pointing gesture sent Handsome to a small stone outcropping above and out of the way, his lighter coloring blending remarkably well with the stone, particularly in shadow.

Zahrah
of Gold Sedath

Date of Birth
06.11.713, 30
Height
5'6"
Eyes
Blue
Build
Hair
Dirty Blonde

Threads

She tried her best not to laugh as her daughter bounded into the room and dive-bombed her for hugs, which were freely given and with all the warmth a mother could have for her child. She smoothed back her daughter's hair and kissed her cheeks.

"What did we learn from the Harper today, mm?" she asked. Zarel, always prompt with her learning gave her the run-down. Her memory was excellent and her favorite buddy, Shard chirruped and gave Zarah and questioning look, his eyes whirling. And image of a man shaped person bubbled up into her mind and she hushed him.

Surprise for Zarel! That shut him up quick and he flitted to her shoulder for snuggles, pressing his wedge-shaped head against her cheek and cooing. Good boy. All she had to do with him was ply him with affection, which he ate up like meat scraps, anyway.

"You know where your things go, love," she called.

Date of Birth
28.01.731, 14
Height
4'8"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Average
Hair
Brown

Threads

"Okay, Mama! I know where everything goes, of course," she said brightly. And promptly ran straight into Alekse, bounced back and let out a cheerful cry.

"RUNNER ALEKSE!" She swiveled to find her mama and grinned. "You! You both!" And then she threw her arms around his waist and hugged him.

"Mama owes me a whole mark but I used it already. We flew down to Station 42 and met with Master Venan!"

PA - First Post!

Date of Birth
09.02.716, 29
Height
6'2"
Eyes
Dark blue
Build
Extremely fit, lean
Hair
Dark brown, curly

Threads

Alekse laughed, the girl was vibrant and exuberant, nothing but smiles and cheek. “A whole mark, you say? That’s an impressive wager.” He knelt a bit, wrapping an arm around the child and giving her a squeeze in return for her enthusiastic hug. The girl bounced into the sleeping area and deposited her things in a basket on a small table before fairly running back out into the main space. “And what did you think of the good Master and my new base?”

Moving from behind the curtain back into the living area, Alekse subtly eyed the rest of the weyr, noting the smaller alcove, typically used for storage, to one side that would likely be his space. It wouldn’t take much to make it comfortable, just a cushion and some furs, because as much as he might want it, he didn’t want to presume to be occupying Zahrah’s bed.

Picking up the mug of klah where he’d left it, he made to refill his and Zahrah’s mugs, offering one to Zarel, as well. “The good master certainly was taken with you two.” He said, nodding in emphasis to the child. “He sends his best, by the way, and looks forward to seeing you again.” He turned to Zahrah, a smile quirking at his lips. “He’s appreciative of the lantern, and proud to display Benden’s colors.”

Date of Birth
28.01.731, 14
Height
4'8"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Average
Hair
Brown

Threads

"I liked it," Zarel said with a solemn nod. "He very nice even if he looks stern. I bet he dresses down anyone who doesn't obey rules and take care of themselves. The station is nice! I'd like to run there someday."

She gave Alekse another hug and then went to cuddle up next to her mother, pointing to her Mama's unoccupied side.

"Sit there, Mama will like that more." Mama actually blushed but that was good because she really, really liked Alekse. Like-liked him and that was pretty awesome. She gave the man a long searching look and wondered if, it wasn't a long wonder, if maybe Alekse would be her new father because her other father didn't really send letter or come to the Weyr or anything and that sucked tunnel snake eggs.

She took the mug offered to her with a shit-eating grin.

"Mama needs more company."

PA - First Post!

Zahrah
of Gold Sedath

Date of Birth
06.11.713, 30
Height
5'6"
Eyes
Blue
Build
Hair
Dirty Blonde

Threads

Zahrah put a hand over her mouth to muffle the laughter. Well, her daughter certainly had designs for them and wasn't afraid to voice them. She smiled at Alekse and took a moment to gather her wits.

"I'm so pleased he likes my work. I couldn't not fly it down this time. I figured I'd like us to meet him since he's probably seen our correspondence flying back and forth. He's lovely, really." She took her mug from his hand once he'd refilled it.

Alekse's presence filled a spot in her chest that hadn't been warm for a while and when Zarel practically demanded he sit next to her, the laughter that came out was soft and bright. But her daughter was correct in her assumptions. She rather did enjoy Runner Alekse's presence right beside her.

Date of Birth
09.02.716, 29
Height
6'2"
Eyes
Dark blue
Build
Extremely fit, lean
Hair
Dark brown, curly

Threads

Alekse gave the woman a sideways glance, accompanied by a raised eyebrow and solid smirk. “I’d say he gathered there was something between us from our correspondence.” The memory of the old Runner’s knowing smile and laughing gaze came to mind… Master Venan, while not intruding on Alekse’s private affairs with questions or comments, had still been absolutely insufferable with his ‘I see what’s happening’ looks. He’d probably catch hell for it later, too, if only for the sake of a little master to journeyman hazing. Ah well, the old man was reasonable and kind, if hardworking and a bit of a taskmaster. Alekse wasn’t exactly expecting any of this to be easy.

Zarel grinned and pointed to the spot on the other side of Zahrah, directing him to sit and offering a blunt explanation for the request. He laughed. “Well, who am I to deny that?” He sat back onto the sofa again, sipping at the klah and wrapping his unoccupied arm around the woman, reaching to ruffle Zarel’s hair at her other side. “After I’ve had a moment to rest, little one, why don’t you two show me around the Weyr a bit? Can’t say as I’ve spent much more than a day in one, and even then I’ve been limited to either the stands in the Hatching Grounds or the lower caverns. I’d love to see what you call home.”

Date of Birth
28.01.731, 14
Height
4'8"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Average
Hair
Brown

Threads

"That sounds like a great idea! Mama better show you the glass lights room because they're prettiest of the rooms ever. Did you go to a Hatching? I wanna go to one, even if it's just in the Stands. I don't want to be too little anymore."

She frowned a little but leaned back as he ruffled her hair.

"Benden is biiiig. It'll take a long time to walk, so you best rest."

PA - First Post!

Zahrah
of Gold Sedath

Date of Birth
06.11.713, 30
Height
5'6"
Eyes
Blue
Build
Hair
Dirty Blonde

Threads

"You're sure you want a tour today?" Zahrah murmured, leaning into him a little. "Not that we wouldn't love to show you everything. But yes, a proper rest, some dinner."

She did fancy him in all the right ways and even here and now he felt comfortable in their little family. Zarel adored him, that was plain as day and she was clearly fighting in his corner. Adamantly, too. Zarel was never one for indirectness, that was for sure.

"Peace and quiet, perhaps?"

Zarel gave her mother a look but nodded all the same.

Date of Birth
09.02.716, 29
Height
6'2"
Eyes
Dark blue
Build
Extremely fit, lean
Hair
Dark brown, curly

Threads

“I’ve been to one Hatching, and it was certainly something special.” Alekse said to Zarel, smiling at the memory. “Though I plan to attend more if I can. I look forward to attending yours and your mother’s Impressions, someday.” He smirked at her. “And ‘little’ isn’t necessarily a bad thing. My sister is the best distance Runner on all Pern, and she’s small. She’s thin, long, and lanky, but light and moves well. Small can be good. You’ve just got to learn how to make it work for you.”

He nodded assent at Zahrah’s suggestion. His legs and back ached with the extra effort he’d made over the last few days, and a tour could wait until tomorrow. He was about to say so when his stomach growled audibly, and taken aback by his body’s betrayal, he chuckled. “Well, perhaps just point me in the direction of the kitchens, then? Clearly, I could use a meal…”

Zahrah
of Gold Sedath

Date of Birth
06.11.713, 30
Height
5'6"
Eyes
Blue
Build
Hair
Dirty Blonde

Threads

"Do you want to eat here or have to get up and walk to the dining hall?" Zahrah asked, pressing a gentle kiss against his temple and then hmmed. "Alekse, love, you'll need a good soak in the hot baths for your muscles, at some point, perhaps after Zarel's down? Perks of the Weyr."

Her voice was soft and just for him. Zarel had run off for a moment or two, probably to gather her little satchel she was rarely without. Zarah found a knot at the join of his neck and should and deftly worked it out until it released. She brushed her lips over the spot where it had been and tucked herself against his side, her voice still very soft.

"I think, perhaps, I'll join you. I had a few dragons to oil yesterday. Still sore."

Date of Birth
09.02.716, 29
Height
6'2"
Eyes
Dark blue
Build
Extremely fit, lean
Hair
Dark brown, curly

Threads

“Perhaps the dining hall…” His eyes closed at the sheer bliss of having the tension worked from his shoulders, and he smiled wistfully as her lips sent a tingle down his spine. The proposed soak sounded absolutely delightful, and he smirked wickedly at the possibility of her joining. “Then you can show me to the baths…a soak would be brilliant.”

Zarel appeared again from the sleeping area, satchel in hand, and he stood, if somewhat reluctantly, not wanting to displace Zahrah where she rested neatly against him. His eyes found Zahrah’s, an eager, hungry look, both for food and other things. He held her eyes for a moment longer before darting back to follow the girl where she practically bounced, ready to head out the door. Offering an elbow to each of the two ladies, they made their way to the dining area of the lower caverns, using the smells of delicious meats and baking bread as their guide.

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)