World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [C] 741.10.19 | Foolish Attempts
2am | Solo

A'tay
of Bronze Xyxyth

Date of Birth
17.06.724, 20
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Slim
Hair
Blonde, short, messy

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
A’tay sat alone on the edge of a public bathing pool. It was the middle of the night to help ensure he wouldn’t be bothered, though he still had the door propped shut with the table normally used for setting supplies on. He didn’t want anyone to know what he was doing but he was realising how stupid that may have been. Not even Xyxyth could reach him if anything went wrong. Maybe he should have used his smaller personal tub so his dragon could have a better chance of getting to him.

Everything will be fine, though I have to admit I’d feel better if you would just wait for Zell to go with you.

A’tay could hear the anxiousness in his dragon’s voice regardless of how hard Xyxyth tried to sound confident and stay calm. I know, but… it’s embarrassing. It’s one thing to not know how to swim but I’m afraid of the water, Xy. You know I sometimes have nightmares. What if I start flailing or panic too much and I either hurt her or she laughs or is utterly appalled by it? Normally, if he had nightmares, they were related to the landslide but sometimes they combined with his near-drowning of years even earlier and he was left sinking in the mud, unable to breathe, drowning slowly as friends didn’t even notice it happening.

He hated those nights and always got up and sat with Xyxyth in his wallow until he fell asleep curled up beside his dragon.

I doubt she’d do any of that! I think it would actually encourage her to try even harder to help you. Xyxyth was likely right. Zelly was kind but she was also stubborn and determined. A’tay had a feeling she’d quickly change tactics to find a new way to prepare him to be her boring yet buoyant boy.

I just need to stay calm. I can do that, A’tay assured them both as he finally slipped into the water. When he sat down in the middle, the water came almost to his shoulders and he knew that should be fine. He knew he was in a small area of water and he knew what was in it and where the bottom was. He took deep breaths, telling himself it was just a bath and he survived them regularly. It worked, and A’tay found himself almost able to relax entirely and enjoy the heated water like he would with any other bath.

But he knew why he was there and before he could talk himself out of it, A’tay took a deep breath and dunked himself under the water. He came back up almost immediately, too freaked out to stay longer. That wouldn’t do! He had to be able to hold his breath to at least the count of ten and not panic. He’d seen so many of his friends stay under water for much longer, swimming, hiding, sneaking up on someone… he could do that. It would be a good starting point for when Zelana tried to show him how to float or swim with such ease. He couldn’t do any of that if he couldn’t dip below the water line.

So he tried again and got to three.

He came back up, brushing his hair from his face, and clung to the side of the pool. It wasn’t that bad! He could do this. As long as he remembered where the surface was, it wasn’t too bad. It helped that the water wasn’t deep enough for him to really get lost in but A’tay would take the comfort where he could.

After another pep talk, A’tay took a deep breath and went back under. Everything was fine until he got to six and it felt like a hand was on his head. No! Not again! He opened his mouth to scream, all the air he had stored coming out as he started to thrash around in the water as panic took hold and dark water, mud, and landslides filled his mind.

A’tay! No one is there! You’re alone and safe! Remember where you! TayTay! Xyxyth was barely refraining from bellowing out loud as he frantically paced on his ledge, unsure what else to do but to send his lifemate calming vibes as he worked hard to remind A’tay he was alone in the tub and all he had to do was put his feet down and stand up. Please, A’tay! You’re safe, just stand up and it will be over.

A’tay barely heard Xyxyth’s voice as he continued to flail under water and fight off the people and mud that had a hold of him. His nightmares were nothing like the real thing. They always scared him and left him breathless when he awoke but he had never recalled the burning in his lungs and tightness in his chest until that moment. He was going to die. Please… A’tay latched onto the voice. Xyxyth! His beautiful, sweet, kind, funny dragon. Xyxyth was courage in their bond and A'tay clung to that and listened to the dragon’s soothing voice as it told him to stop fighting and to let his feet fall so he could stand.

Figuring he had nothing else to lose, A’tay did just that and as soon as they felt the stone, he pushed upward and came out of the water gasping for that sweet air he didn’t think he’d ever inhale again. Even as he gasped and coughed, he dashed for the ledge and crawled out. For a moment he lay on his side, gathering his wits, before deciding he was too close to the water and scrambled to the wall. There he sat with his back to the wall and knees hugged tight to his chest. He didn’t even brush his hair aside this time, glad that he couldn’t see the water for the moment.

He had been a fool to try alone. Pride almost killed him and hadn’t he heard enough stories growing up about that? He had so many friends that were willing to help him and he had been too afraid and embarrassed to let them and he knew none of them would have mocked him or rushed him. If he had died, then Xyxyth would have as well. The amount of pain that would cause his family and Madiquel was too awful to think about yet he did and tears started falling.

It’s okay, TayTay. You’re okay. Take a few minutes and then come back to me. You don’t need to try again or do this alone. Zell will understand. Xyxyth softly crooned, doing his best to not share how scared he had been and that he wanted A’tay back beside him for his own comfort.

A’tay nodded. He didn’t think Zelly would fully understand since it would be seen as a problem she had to fix but maybe they could figure something out. He didn’t have to put his head under water to splash and play, right? He sighed, mad at himself for so many things and disappointed in himself. He shoved the table away from the door, wrapped a towel around his waist, and gathered up his belongings.

Utterly defeated and ashamed, A’tay returned to his weyr where he dropped everything on the floor and went right to Xyxyth where he curled up with his dragon. “I’m sorry I did that to you. Thank you for helping me.”

I’ll always be there for you. Xyxyth curled up around A’tay as if he could protect the young man from the world and his nightmares but A’tay sighed in relief all the same as he drifted off to sleep.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)