World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [P] [EVENT] 741.10.18 | Harmless Fun
1pm | B'kit

V'lis
of Brown Pharalth

Date of Birth
02.05.721, 23
Height
6'0"
Eyes
Black
Build
Trim
Hair
Black

Threads

Written By: BardlyThere
Corvilis grinned as he looked around the bustling crowds of people at the Gather. This was a great idea. Sure he was trying to stay out of trouble, but with this many people, this far from home, the odds of him getting caught doing anything were quite slim. Even so, with B'kitt along for some company, he wouldn't do anything overt. Instead he thought of a clear mental image of the stash he'd set up for them to dump any treasures they collected in and then gave Sky and Fern a pat on the head. "Go have fun." He watched the pair flutter and dart about for a moment before they quickly disappeared from view to go find anything shiny and small enough to catch their eye to steal.

"Hopefully they're good," he said aloud to himself. "A lot of people and things to distract themselves with. Should be fine though, everyone loves a party with fire lizards." Corvilis turned to B'kitt and grinned. "Your Erebuth's a lot stronger than he looks. Quite the tough little guy, must have picked it up from you." As worried as he'd been about the trip over on the scrawny dragon he was careful to keep any comments that could have been even remotely construed as negative to himself. He'd seen men get into enormous fights if they thought their favorite dogs were insulted, he couldn't imagine how protective a dragonrider would be. So for now he was twisting as much towards the positive as he could to keep the rider's good side.

"Your dragon have any special treats he likes to eat? We could find a food stall, grab him something, maybe a snack for the fire lizards too if we're feeling generous. Then who knows, we could walk around, maybe find some lovely people to distract ourselves with... oh wait, you have a person. We could get him a gift and me some distractions. Or we could just see where our feet take us and enjoy the day. You have any preferences, B'kit?"

PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

B'kit
of Blue Erebuth

Date of Birth
12.12.721 AL, 23
Height
5'11"
Eyes
Dark brown, trusting, and frequently lit up with laughter.
Build
Trim
Hair
Brunette and wavy when long, worn loose around his face. The bangs tend to flop into his eyes and he swears he’ll cut it all off when he Impresses or the next time he’s hungover.

Threads

Written By: ValGal9
B’kit grinned back after watching the firelizards dart off with Nutmeg hot on their tails. “Nutty at least is usually pretty good. He tends to get bored and sneak off for cuddles with Re or one of my friends,” he said, using his nickname for the blue dragon.

Erebuth had been eager to prove himself after they’d gotten permission to ferry Corvilis as well. The tiny blue was all too aware of how fragile he looked and hated all the extra fuss in the weeks leading up to the Gather. But the promise of seeing friends and watching the bustle and merriment of it all more than made up for the hassle. If he’d noticed the fleeting dubious glance from Covilis when B’kit’s back was turned, Erebuth certainly hadn’t mentioned anything.

Kitt laughed at the comment. “Hardly! Erebuth’s been tough since he hatched.” He rubbed the blue’s eye ridge happily as he continued, “believe it our not, he was the sturdiest of the clutch when they hatched—though also terribly shy. Thankfully he’s become more gregarious over the past Turn; it would be a lot harder for him to hide behind me these days.”

“He likes all the fun new smells of Gathers, but I don’t usually let him sample anything. His stomach can be a bit delicate at times,” which was putting it mildly, but Erebuth hadn’t had one of those episodes in months now. Still, B’kit smiled. “I was thinking of getting some decorations to add to his harnessing though”

He couldn’t help another bright laugh at the suggestion and sudden slightly awkward amendment. “You could have just asked if you wanted a wingman,” he teased. “I’m always happy to help out in that regard,” B’kit said as they headed into the maze of stalls to browse.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

V'lis
of Brown Pharalth

Date of Birth
02.05.721, 23
Height
6'0"
Eyes
Black
Build
Trim
Hair
Black

Threads

Written By: BardlyThere
"Fern is lazy, but loves to beg. Sky... he's the bold industrious one, you've seen him when something catches his eye." Corvilis chuckled at the memory of the little blue getting caught red clawed as it were in B'kit's pockets. He enjoyed being able to brush the behavior off as fire lizards being fire lizards and not a trick that he'd been working to refine and encourage. Fern was lazy, but at least in her laziness she tended to get bigger things she thought he would appreciate more, get the trick over and done with so she could get her treats and pats. Sky was just enthusiastic, proactive in trying to earn Corv's praise, and he was sure there would be a little hoard of treasures for him to sift through once he checked on the stash later.

The comment about Erebuth being the sturdiest of his clutch surprised Corvilis enough that he paused. That certainly must have been an... interesting hatching. He wondered what had happened to result in such an unhealthy litter, a poor choice in breeding partners? Sickness of the eggs or mother while she was carrying them? He kept the questions to himself for the moment, maybe he would ask his teacher later. For now he just nodded and gave the blue an appraising look. "Well it sounds like you were lucky then if you got the sturdiest one out of the bunch, pick of the litter as it were. Maybe I'll get lucky when I go to the hatching and get the toughest one there too. Though I suppose that probably is not how things work for dragons, since the dragons do the picking. Still, you seem a lucky man. What sorts of decorations are we looking for? Something nice and dangly that catches the light? Could get something in a light bright blue to accent his hide."

Corvilis smiled as he looked around the stalls, both keeping an eye out for any suitable decorations to point out to B'kit, but also for anyone who looked like they had potential to be a bit of fun. "I'm sure you'd make an excellent wingman. I could just have you sing and lure all the pretty ones in for me. But shopping first so that I don't get too distracted."

PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)