World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [C] [EVENT] 741.10.21 | An Excuse to Explore
Noon | open

K'dar
of Bronze Tiberuth

Date of Birth
03.01.720, 25
Height
6'2"
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
fit, sadly less soft
Hair
Brown

Threads

Written By: BardlyThere
Just because you only came to drop someone off doesn't mean you can't stay to enjoy yourself. Perhaps you can talk to some lovely ladies who catch your eye. K'dar sighed as his dragon's gruff voice reverberated softly in his head. He ran his hands through his wind swept hair for a moment before he cracked the knuckle of his left index finger. As lovely as the ladies may be, it seems silly for that to be the only reason to stay for a Gather. I can't even think of any shopping I want to do. I'm sure there are lovely men around too if that's what you're in the mood for. K'dar muffled a frustrated groan in his hands as he covered his face. At least the motion also hid the fact that he was blushing slightly. What? You can't leave your romantic life entirely up to me trying to win flights. If you really want an excuse to stay, explore, and enjoy yourself then get a new jacket. That one is beginning to get ratty about the elbows. And get a gift for your sister.

K'dar turned to try to get a better look at the worn elbows of his jacket and frowned. He supposed it was something he could either get patched or replaced. Possibly both. And getting his sister a gift was probably a good idea. He hadn't seen as much of her as he could have liked since impressing, and he hoped she hadn't gotten into too much trouble without him. Fine, fine. I'll go shopping just so you can explore a bit. There was only smug silence from the dragon as the bronze began to wander about to see what he could see, careful to be mindful of his bulk as he explored the edges of the Gather.

With a goal in mind, at least now K'dar had someplace to start as he wandered the stalls trying to find a nice jacket or perhaps a trinket for Mylorah. Hopefully he'd find something suitable soon and Tiber would be satisfied so that they could go back home and he could curl up with that new book he'd gotten. That was another thing he could get, he realized; more books for his still tiny collection. With a bit more enthusiasm he started whistling to himself as he began browsing the stalls. If he was lucky and found a good book he could just find a nice quiet spot to curl up and read until Tiber was ready to go home.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Date of Birth
28.09.722, 22
Height
5'3
Eyes
Blue
Build
Curvy
Hair
Brown, long

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Deceased
"Korlin!" Katiryn called out when she spotted a familiar face across the crowd. She hadn't been at the Gather long, having caught a ride with someone and then dashed off with a promise to return at an agreed upon time if she wanted a ride home. She had thought to grab something to eat and then browse the stalls but hadn't made it that far when she saw yet another friend that had Impressed to a shiny dragon.

She threw herself at the bronzerider for a hug and stepped back smiling. "I guess I should really get used to calling you K'dar but it's still so odd, two years later." Even his own sister had always only called him Korlin and Katiryn wondered if the man was the only person alive that had remembered his full name before Tiberuth changed that.

"How have you been? Telgar still treating you well?" The last time they had really spoken was the night before the Hatching he ended up Impressing at where several of them hung out for a while. They crossed paths briefly here and there since but she never liked to interrupt when he was spending time with his sister.

PA - First Post!

K'dar
of Bronze Tiberuth

Date of Birth
03.01.720, 25
Height
6'2"
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
fit, sadly less soft
Hair
Brown

Threads

K'dar looked up at the sound of his old name and smiled when he saw Katiryn rushing over for the hug. He quickly returned it. "It's fine, you can keep calling m Korlin for a bit longer. I'm sure Tiber will understand." K'dar is a fine name and it suits you better, but if Korlin will get you to socialize I suppose it's fine. He ignored his dragon's commentary. "I've been fine, Telgar treats me well enough. Tiberuth keeps me busier than anyone else there."

He gently took her arm and led her off to the side so they could chat without being in the way. "But how have you been, Kat? Staying out of trouble?" As much as K'dar hadn't planned on seeking out any people to socialize with during this trip (much to his dragon's disappointment), he was glad that Katiryn had bumped into him. "It's good to see you. I was just going to look around, maybe do some shopping-"

Ask her if she wants to eat. Ladies love when you bring them food. K'dar resisted the urge to sigh and snark back, after all he was feeling a bit peckish as well since he only tended to have klah for breakfast. "Would you like to grab something to eat with me so we can catch up a bit? Maybe we can look around the Gather together afterwards."

Date of Birth
28.09.722, 22
Height
5'3
Eyes
Blue
Build
Curvy
Hair
Brown, long

Threads

"Please give Tiberuth my apologies," she didn't want to upset the dragon. Some were okay with their riders still using nicknames but she was also aware that it was a bit disrespectful to the dragon for not using the honorific they gave their rider. "It might sink in quicker if I saw you more often," Katiryn pouted, missing the man. They really didn't have much in common when she thought about it but he was a part of their Katila pack and it always felt odd when she realised how they were slowly scattering across the Weyrs and forming new lives.

"And never," Katiryn replied with a playful grin. Trouble was too much fun! Which was probably one of those things they didn't have in common. Korlin--K'dar!-- never came across as the sort to sneak around for any reason. At the offer to join him for a bite to eat Katiryn lit up and easily accepted and fell in step with him as he led them to find lunch.

"I've actually been debating a transfer to Telgar or Benden," she confessed as they walked. As a Candidate she could still travel to any Weyr for their Hatchings but Katiryn wasn't sure where she wanted to set up a base of her own. Not that it would matter if she Impressed elsewhere. "I love Ista and Casa being Weyrwoman is pretty amazing but..." she lowered her voice so she didn't scandalize any holders, "my dad is still one of Casa's playmates and it's just getting weird, you know?"

PA - First Post!

K'dar
of Bronze Tiberuth

Date of Birth
03.01.720, 25
Height
6'2"
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
fit, sadly less soft
Hair
Brown

Threads

K'dar snorted. "Tiberuth doesn't deserve your apologies. But I'll pass them on anyway." Tiberuth didn't acknowledge either the sentiment or the sentence but there was a general feeling of almost smug satisfaction from the bronze. "And I suppose I could stop by and visit Ista a bit more. The weather is much nicer there in general. I could say hi to more of the old group, prove that I'm still alive and not just a figment of Mylorah's imagination." You know I would gladly carry you to see friends. You should get out a bit more. I get out plenty. This time K'dar could feel Tiber rolling his eyes.

He was tempted to roll his own eyes at Katiryn's response to trouble but instead just laughed. "Sounds about right. At least you're old enough to handle your own trouble." Or was she? He frowned a little, brow furrowing as he added, "Though let me know if I need to get into a fight with anyone for you. I'm still good for that if someone makes you cry."

As they wandered looking for any particularly enticing food stalls, K'dar considered the debate on transferring. "I've thought about going back to Ista, I just have been too lazy to think about it I suppose. Never thought about moving, but I don't know that I have a compelling reason to stay in Telgar either. It's just where we've been since Tiber hatched. Though if you came to Telgar you would get more opportunity to practice not calling me Korlin." He grinned. "Not sure if that's really a compelling reason to go though. And... ah... yeah that is rough with your dad and Casa. Just sounds awkward. Would you really want to go that far away from your dad though? Or are you not as close anymore?" He was pretty sure he remembered that Kat was close to her father, but he'd been away for long enough that things certainly could have changed. He found what seemed to be a good enough stall and stopped, gesturing towards their menu. "What would you like? On me."

Date of Birth
28.09.722, 22
Height
5'3
Eyes
Blue
Build
Curvy
Hair
Brown, long

Threads

This was why K'dar was the sweetest. Not many would offer to beat someone up for her if she got into too much trouble. Hopefully she never would and if it did happen, he wouldn't be too far away. Maybe that was another reason to move to Telgar. "Practicing your name is a compelling reason to go to Telgar. I hear that Weyr is full of sexy bronzeriders," she teased but it was a pretty accurate statement. K'dar was there, T'ryn had recently transferred, and of course N'vian was there as well. Those were some pretty amazing reasons to move to a colder Weyr. Oh! Snuggling. Even better!

"Oh, daddy and I are still close and I think it would break both of our hearts a bit if I moved but..." it wasn't just that K'tir was a fuck buddy of Casa that was a problem. She sometimes fooled around with Casa as well and her dad still thought her to be a perfect darling and she feared him finding out that wasn't entirely true. There was some fun in sneaking around to meet up with someone but it was also tiring and Katiryn worried that her dad would one day find out and freak out on her poor lover and blame them for corrupting her. "I feel like it might be safer for anyone I'm interested in to have a bit more space between us." Not that it mattered when a trip between was as quick as a walk down a hall.

Her thoughts trailed off to focus on the food and decided to pick something light but sweet since she wanted to dance later. When the sticky bun was passed to her, Katiryn beamed at the vendor and then at K'dar. "Thank you! I know it's not exactly healthy or really counts as lunch but it smelled too good to pass up." And it did! She gave it another sniff and smiled blissfully. Cinnamon was possibly the best food item ever.

She pointed out a small tree that didn't have anyone around it as a good place to sit and eat. It wasn't entirely lady-like to sit on the grass but Katiryn arranged her dress in such a way to keep her modesty amongst the holders. "What are your plans for the day? You're not going to try to dash off as soon as I look away, are you?"

PA - First Post!

K'dar
of Bronze Tiberuth

Date of Birth
03.01.720, 25
Height
6'2"
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
fit, sadly less soft
Hair
Brown

Threads

It wasn't surprising at all to hear her teasing about the Weyr being full of sexy bronzeriders, though it took K'dar a moment to remember that he was potentially on that list. It was flattering, but he coudn't help but doubt himself just enough that he tried to brush it off with a chuckle. "I'm sure there are Weyrs with sexier bronzeriders." And really there were probably better reasons to move to a Weyr but he wasn't about to say that aloud.

It was a shame that she wanted to get away from her dad so much, but it did make sense. He was a very protective man, and K'dar was sure that Kat was not going to become less flirtatious with age. "Well, if you do end up in Telgar, Tiberuth and I can take you for visits back to Ista to visit him until you impress." There was no way of knowing of course, if or when Katiryn would impress, but he was optimistic about it.

With the food paid for and his own sticky bun in hand, K'dar followed along, taking a few small nibbles of his lunch, which was also his breakfast if he was being honest. "I think it counts enough to be lunch. These are quite good though, you chose wisely." He plopped down onto the grass next to his friend and took a bigger bite out of the pastry while he considered his plans. He really hadn't wanted to stay, but it seemed like everyone was conspiring to keep him there for longer. "I was just planning on doing some quick shopping, but I know Tiberuth wants to stay longer... I suppose I could indulge him. Did you have any plans?"

Date of Birth
28.09.722, 22
Height
5'3
Eyes
Blue
Build
Curvy
Hair
Brown, long

Threads

"Whether I move there or not, I'm going to Telgar in a couple of days for Bedith's latest clutch so I figure I should find a warmer dress or maybe a coat." It was already a cool day in Fort so she knew Telgar had to be even cooler based on memories of her time living there when they all moved North again. It wasn't that she was lacking in warmer clothes but she'd use anything as an excuse to shop and Katiryn loved seeing what the current styles were for holders.

"So if you'd like some company for a little bit longer, I wouldn't mind exploring the stalls with you. A second opinion is always welcome as well," sometimes she had a terrible time choosing when too many options were presented so K'dar could save her a lot of time by picking--even if he just randomly selected it and didn't have a true opinion.

"Maybe I could even get you to dance with me after. I promise I won't take up your entire day if you have plans with someone else you aren't telling me." She doubted he would hide such information but it had to be said anyway to be polite But Katiryn also wasn't going to waste an opportunity to spend time with the dashing bronzerider and get him to take her for a spin or two around the dance square.

PA - First Post!

K'dar
of Bronze Tiberuth

Date of Birth
03.01.720, 25
Height
6'2"
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
fit, sadly less soft
Hair
Brown

Threads

"Finding something warm is a good idea. I've been needing to get a new jacket too, so we can shop together. I'll help make sure you pick something that looks warm enough, and you can help me make sure I don't pick something that looks horrible." K'dar wasn't much for clothes shopping, focusing mostly on comfort and getting what he thought he needed rather quickly so he could move on. Hopefully having a friend around with some fashion sense would ensure he looked good enough to not embarrass himself. "Oh, maybe I can get a new sweater too while I'm here. You could get one too, they're very comfortable."

The question about dancing, however, had him pause. He wasn't sure if he wanted to stay that long, and while he was sure he could dance, it had been a while and he wasn't sure he'd be able to properly keep up. "I'm not sure if Tiberuth wants to stay that long," Go dance. "But I'm sure it'll be fine. I guess he's enjoying himself. So if you still want to dance by the time we're done shopping then I will have to see if I still remember how for you." K'dar smiled and finished eating his sticky bun before standing up and stretching. "Let's go find some clothes, and if you happen to see any interesting book stalls while we're out shopping let me know."

Date of Birth
28.09.722, 22
Height
5'3
Eyes
Blue
Build
Curvy
Hair
Brown, long

Threads

It was hard but Katiryn managed not to roll her eyes or make a face at K’dar asking for books. Of course he would want to still hunt one down but it was a fair trade for getting him to agree to dancing. “Please pass along my gratitude to Tiberuth,” she stood, briefly brushed off her backside and looped their arms to begin the hunt for warmer clothes.

In the end she found a dress that was cute and functional and even let K’dar talk her into a sweater since it was so soft and would look amazing with the one pair of pants she had for the times when a dress just wasn’t practical. She even managed to find a coat that suited K’dar perfectly and made his eyes even more attention-grabbing. “You better not put that on again until after we’re done with our dances. Otherwise I’m going to spend the entire time beating back the ladies.” She could and had shared in the past but this bronzerider was all hers for a bit longer.

As they started the trek toward the dance square, Katiryn spotted the vendor she dreaded and briefly wondered if they could sneak by without K’dar noticing but that would be mean. She instead tapped his arm and quietly pointed out the small collection of books. “If you promise not to drool, I won’t mind you taking as long as you like browsing.” She hated reading when they were younger and some of her friends said that may have been due to the lack of variety they had in Katila but Katiryn had yet to find anything that could capture her attention since they came North so she decided it just wasn’t for her. Although maybe if a bronzerider with a sexy voice read the stories to her…

PA - First Post!

K'dar
of Bronze Tiberuth

Date of Birth
03.01.720, 25
Height
6'2"
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
fit, sadly less soft
Hair
Brown

Threads

Tiberuth did not require Katiryn's gratitude because he was secretly quite pleased with the bit of socialization his rider was getting. If his rider had a bit more confidence then he wouldn't be so stressed every time Tiberuth chased after one of the lovely ladies he longed for, and if he wasn't so stressed then it would be much easier for him to win. At least that was one of the dragon's justifications for encouraging K'dar to get out more. Not that his rider appreciated it as much as he should have.

K'dar was too busy ignoring his dragon and being absolutely pleased that he was able to pick something out that Kat liked enough to get. "I'm glad you liked the sweater, it looks really good, and it feels very soft. They're really comfortable. I even got one in in a similar color for myself while you were looking at some other things."

He wasn't sure which new garment he was more excited about, a new coat that actually looked quite fetching on him, or another nice comfortable sweater to wrap himself up in with a good book by the fire. He gave Katiryn a quick smile. "I'll keep my old jacket on while we dance if you're sure it's not ratty enough to embarrass you." He didn't think it was, but just in case he added in an offer, "I can take it off too, I'm sure the dancing will keep me warm enough."

He pulled Katiryn into a happy hug once she pointed out the collection of books. "I won't drool. They're only books." Unless he happened to find one of the steamier books he secretly enjoyed, but even then he didn't drool. K'dar eagerly went to sort through the books, doing his best to get sucked in as he skimmed through opening paragraphs and took a peek at random scenes. He found one romantic book with some racy scenes in it, and another that was about a sailor discovering a mysterious island. After a quick check to see if Katiryn was paying attention he made his purchase and quickly stuffed the books into his bag.

With a quick offer of his arm again, K'dar smiled. "Found a book about a sailing adventure, should be fun. Did you want to go dance now or see a few more stalls?"

Date of Birth
28.09.722, 22
Height
5'3
Eyes
Blue
Build
Curvy
Hair
Brown, long

Threads

Katiryn poked at one book before losing interest entirely. They simply didn’t capture her attention and shouldn’t fake it. So while K’dar browsed, she wandered over to the next stall and poked around at their goods. Nothing too exciting there either but still something to do while keeping herself distracted from pulling her friend away from something he clearly loved. But once she heard him speaking with the vendor to pay, she wandered back over and smiled at him finding two books.

“If it gets you to visit me, I expect you to tell me all about what is sure to be an exciting sailing adventure,” it seemed like a good compromise. Someone else could do the boring reading part and then tell her about the fun story hidden within all the words.

“Oh, dancing of course! With as little layers as possible also sounds wonderful,” she laughed as she took his arm, “you’re the one who planted that idea, Kor-K’dar. You may have only suggested removing your jacket but that’s always the first step in more clothing following.” It was nice being outside of the Weyr, on the arm of a handsome man, and flirting freely. She honestly didn’t expect anything to come from it, not with K’dar who was dependable but also too much of a gentleman. Maybe that was a bronzerider trait given T’ryn was also the same way.

She debated putting her bag down when they reached the designated area but she had packed the new clothes into her satchel rather well and just repositioned it to make sure it wouldn’t be in the way. No way was she risking someone swipe her cute dress and apparently a K’dar-matching sweater! “All right, bronzerider. Time for you to refresh my memory on how well you move.”

PA - First Post!

K'dar
of Bronze Tiberuth

Date of Birth
03.01.720, 25
Height
6'2"
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
fit, sadly less soft
Hair
Brown

Threads

"If you're sure you don't want to read it on your own, I suppose I could tell you about it. It's not the same as getting into the story yourself though. Maybe you just haven't found the right sort of book? Either way," K'dar shrugged as he realized it didn't really matter since she wanted him to tell her about the story, "When I'm finished I'll tell you all about it, and maybe you'll think it sounds fun enough that you'll want to read it on your own." At least he hoped she would. Maybe if he made his version sound exciting when he retold it that would help.

K'dar grinned as he was pulled along to the dance area, pausing only to pull off his jacket, turning only a slight bit red when she mentioned he could take more off. "Just the jacket for now, it's still a bit cool out. and let's see, how much I remember."

He didn't want to take the time to try to stuff his jacket away, so he set it off to the side. With his own bag adjusted and out of the way he waited for an uptick in the music again to step into the dance. He made a few false steps as he tried to keep up, but K'dar was more pleased that so far he hadn't done anything too egregious. He was keeping mostly in time with the music, he hadn't stepped on Katiryn's feet, and as he refound his neglected and all but forgotten sense of rhythm he actually was able to even lead.

Feeling a bit daring, he decided to try something he'd read about in one of his stories about a Lordling who was seduced by a maid. Hoping to emulate the dashing Lord, he took Katiryn's hand, and tried to spin her.

Date of Birth
28.09.722, 22
Height
5'3
Eyes
Blue
Build
Curvy
Hair
Brown, long

Threads

Katiryn was impressed. K'dar was doing rather well and her toes had yet to be stepped on which was one of her top requirements to qualify as a good dancer in her eyes. Fun and no injuries counted as a win in her mind. She had picked up some of the moves since attending Gathers and watching the holders dance but she didn't expect it of her fellow brats. So when K'dar went to spin her, she laughed from being startled by the suave move and stumbled a bit but stayed on her feet.

"My fault," she quickly explained as she flung her arms around his neck to hold tight to him. "I wasn't expecting you to know such moves. You are leaving me pleasantly surprised and intrigued to know more of the moves you're hiding." She was a shameless flirt but where was the harm in that? If nothing else, it let the person know someone was attracted to them and everyone needed that boost from time to time.

"Shall we try that again?" Katiryn stepped back and held out her hand for K'dar to take it and spin her once more.

PA - First Post!

K'dar
of Bronze Tiberuth

Date of Birth
03.01.720, 25
Height
6'2"
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
fit, sadly less soft
Hair
Brown

Threads

"Ah, I don't know that many more," K'dar confessed, a little embarrassed about the source of his knowledge. He cleared his throat as the embarrassment compounded with a general nervousness from how close she was. "I've just done some people watching and got lucky with who I happened to see dancing one day. I thought it looked like an interesting move, I've never tried it myself until now though."

K'dar could feel Tiberuth's disappointment at his answer. You don't have to lie. It doesn't matter that you read it in one of your silly books. If they keep embarrassing you, perhaps you should stop reading them. Just leave it alone for now, please? Tiber gave a small huff but dropped it. It was not the first time he had sassed his rider for that silly bit of insecurity, and he was sure it wouldn't be the last.

In the meantime K'dar gave Katiryn another nervous smile and nodded, taking her hand to spin her once more. This time they were able to pull the maneuver off flawlessly and he couldn't help but feel incredibly proud of the accomplishment. "I think maybe you are making me seem much more impressive than I really am with your own skill. You must be a popular dance partner at all of the parties."

Date of Birth
28.09.722, 22
Height
5'3
Eyes
Blue
Build
Curvy
Hair
Brown, long

Threads

Katiryn blushed under the compliment and shook her head to politely deny the claim. "No more than anyone else, except maybe your sister. She's fearless with dancing and approaches anyone and does whatever she wants." She was a bit envious of the way Mylorah could do that, though she managed it on a smaller scale, usually with people she already knew. Mylorah just let the music move her and let anyone along for the ride without a worry of what anyone thought.

"I must confess to learning a lot of the steps from watching others as well. The first few Gathers we were allowed to go to, I spent a lot of time sitting on the edge and watching. I didn't want to embarrass myself." The last part was confessed with another blush as she felt silly for admitting to it. But it was K'dar and he wouldn't hold it against her.

"I've since learned dancing is more about having fun than doing anything right, though some of those moves are fun!" She had him spin her again, twice around she went, and came to a halt giggling. "How about a couple more songs and then I'll set you free. But only after you promise to visit more, no matter which Weyr I decide to live in."

PA - First Post!

K'dar
of Bronze Tiberuth

Date of Birth
03.01.720, 25
Height
6'2"
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
fit, sadly less soft
Hair
Brown

Threads

"Ah, my sister is in a class of her own though, it's hard to compare anyone to her. She always worries me that she's going to get into something over her head." To K'dar's mind, Mylorah might as well have been unstoppable. He knew he couldn't do anything to reign her in, at best he could just shake his head disapprovingly, and those had stopped being effective a long time ago. Still, he knew if she did get into any sort of trouble he'd be there to help, and if needed pick a fight.

K'dar's first response to Katiryn's embarrassment was to give her a small comforting squeeze. "Well, I find your dancing certainly very impressive, and I'm sure if you look around you'll find other people who agree with me. Certainly nothing to be embarrassed about."

He grinned as he spun her about again, still so very pleased he'd managed to get it right. Maybe he would tell her later that he'd learned about it in a book, and maybe that would finally tempt her. But as much as he'd tried to be reassuring about her own embarrassment he decided he'd wait to reveal that secret later on, if ever. "I can do a couple more songs for you, and I will do my best to visit more. Now, maybe you can teach me a new move before we finish."

Date of Birth
28.09.722, 22
Height
5'3
Eyes
Blue
Build
Curvy
Hair
Brown, long

Threads

Katiryn took the next song to think about a move she knew that she could teach K'dar. They already had the spin down and that was probably her favourite and the most fun. There were some lifts that always looked fun but she'd never tried them since she often danced with her friends and they didn't really know much more than her either. Most of the time they were happy to just bounce around to the beat and sing-yell the lyrics to the songs they knew and there wasn't much finesse to anything else.

She did get him to do another type of twirl which had her laughing and quite possibly leaving her dizzy by the end of their time together if they kept playing around with those two moves. But it was fun and Katiryn was sticking to that being the most important part. There was one more move that kept coming to mind and she bit her lower lip as she finally guided K'dar's arm to what seemed like the right part of her back and explained the general idea. "So you just need to support me as I lean back. And try not to drop me but I'll only make you my slave for a handful of years if it happens." She smiled and tried to make light of it, just in case it happened so K'dar wouldn't feel guilty and live with it for the rest of life.

Feeling confident that they could do this as well, Katiryn clung onto K'dar tightly and leaned back and squealed in delight as one foot came off the ground and he held her in place. When she was brought back up, Katiryn couldn't help but give the bronzerider a quick kiss to the mouth. "That was perfect!"

PA - First Post!

K'dar
of Bronze Tiberuth

Date of Birth
03.01.720, 25
Height
6'2"
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
fit, sadly less soft
Hair
Brown

Threads

K'dar had to admit that he was having quite a lot of fun dancing with Katiryn. His earlier nerves seemed almost silly, she was an old friend after all. What was there to be afraid of? Dropping her apparently, he realized as she explained a new dance move to him. The twirls had been easy enough, and this seemed to require that he do even less. Just... don't drop her. With his luck, this would be where something went wrong, his hand would get sweaty and slip, another pair of dancers would careen into them and ruin everything, an earthquake... He let out a soft laugh as he realized he had gone from nervous overthinking into the absurd. "I won't drop you. Promise. No need to enslave me today."

He realized as they performed the move, that it looked far more impressive than he thought it would, and that it was another he'd read about in one of his books. He blinked in surprise at the quick kiss, completely unprepared for it. He blushed a little, grinning. "Well I'm glad it worked, and more that I didn't drop you. I think I maybe next time I might even be able to combine those moves, spin you about and then dip you down. That might be too fancy though.. and I definitely wouldn't promise to not drop you. If you get dizzy and fall out of my arms that might be your fault," he teased before pulling her into a tight hug. "It was great running into you, Kat. I'll try to pay you a visit soon, maybe after the hatching."

Date of Birth
28.09.722, 22
Height
5'3
Eyes
Blue
Build
Curvy
Hair
Brown, long

Threads

"I look forward to our next dance," K'dar had turned out to be an amazing partner and the blush from her quick kiss was too adorable not to tempt her to do it again next time as well. The idea of putting their fancy moves together sounded fun and she bet they would feel more like the lords and ladies that always seemed to know what they were doing instead of just fumbling through the steps they knew and pausing to test out something new. It was a lot to look forward to and maybe she could get a dance in as soon as Telgar's Hatching celebrations. She hoped she would have her own dragon at the time but even if she didn't, K'dar could probably make her feel better.

She threw herself into the hug he gave her, full of warmth and fuzzies. Katiryn missed a lot of their friends that went to other Weyrs and the hug just reminded her how much. She really did need to try visiting others more herself or get a dragon of her own to make that traveling a lot easier. Goals upon goals. One day they would all be met.

"Enjoy the rest of your time, K'dar! Don't buy too many more books!" She laughed and waved as she skipped away. K'dar had been too quick in his search earlier and she would wager her fanciest dress that he went back to browse some more. Good luck to Tiberuth having to carry them all back!

PA - First Post!

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)