World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [C] 740.12.21 | Snug as a Bug
6pm | Cazan

T'ryn
of Bronze Syrendryth

Date of Birth
17.04.722, 22
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde, shorter

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
T’ryn was making his way from the dining cavern to where Caz’s work station was set up in what was feeling like a routine by that point. The first time he had gone to the leatherworker was right after breakfast and later that day he had gone again at lunch to bring the requested shirt and some food for the hardworking man. Since then, he usually popped in after grabbing a small snack to bring after finding out his suspicions were right and Caz didn’t pay much attention to anything outside of work once his mind was focused on a task.

That evening was about the same as T’ryn had finished his usual light dinner and then made a much larger plate full of all the offerings including the dessert he never touched. He gave his customary knock on the door though he had been told he could just walk in by that point. He still did, but the knocking made him feel better and gave Caz a bit more notice that someone was approaching.

“Evening. I’m guessing you haven’t and won’t find the dining cavern again tonight so I came prepared. Again. Seriously, Caz. I’m close to pulling rank and ordering someone to bring you food every meal and possibly even having them shove it down your throat to make sure you actually eat it.” T’ryn sighed and shook his head as he set the plate down in the spot that was designated safe and away from the materials. He debated making the man eat before the fitting but knew that was a waste of time and getting the work out of the way first was better.

“Anyway, got your message to come by for a fitting. You didn’t say for what item so I’m excited for this.” It was likely for the pants since they were needed for the approaching dinner party at his aunt’s but he also had an order for fancy boots and essentially an entire wardrobe. Maybe the pants were being dyed and Caz worked on something else at that time? He asked questions sometimes when he visited but he still didn’t understand the full procedure and steps just yet.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Cazan
of Gold Malvayth

Date of Birth
14.02.717, 28
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Brown right
Build
Lean, tomboyish.
Hair
Dark Auburn, Short

Threads

Written By: BardlyThere
Cazan smiled as she put the finishing touches on the wineskin order, just a bit of extra wax in the stitching and then buffing it with a cloth. Without bothering to look up she warmly greeted her favorite customer, "Good to see you too. Thanks for the food, though you really don't have to bother anyone else with that. I haven't starved to death yet." She looked up to grin and add, "Though that's probably because of you. Thanks."

She liked that though the man fussed he didn't press too hard. She even reached over to grab something small from the plate to take an obvious token nibble to try and appease T'ryn just the tiniest bit before turning to grab the pants in progress. They were less an article of clothing and more carefully cut and measured pieces of leather dyed a rich burgundy and barely held together by webs of loose thread into a shape that suggested they were a garment. The grin on her face was almost sinister in its enthusiasm, her voice a low pleased purr as she said, "Let's get these on you then."

There was a folding screen off in the corner that Cazan gestured towards as she handed the pants to T'ryn. "Only wear what you normally would under a pair of pants, hopefully you don't have underthings that are too bulky. There's also some oil over there..." her voice trailed off in distraction as she turned to grab her notes, extra thread, and shears. "Oh! I told my sister about the party and asked if she would go and she said yes. So you don't have to worry about that."

T'ryn
of Bronze Syrendryth

Date of Birth
17.04.722, 22
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde, shorter

Threads

T’ryn stared at the pants for a moment, wondering why his underwear shouldn’t be bulky and why he might need oil. What had he signed up for? Speaking of that, Cazan agreeing to go to the party with him was both nice to hear and terrified him as he headed to the screen to change. Had he really set himself up on a blind date? Partially blind, he supposed as the boots came off. If they were twins like R’vi and N’vian were, then he had an idea of what the woman would look like, but he still only had her brother’s opinions to go off of for everything else.

As he removed his pants, T’ryn thought about the shirt and finally removed that as well. No sense in having it get in the way and hold it up while Caz did whatever needed to be done along the waist or seams. “I would wonder about the type of woman that agrees to go on a date with a man she knows nothing about but I’m no better, am I? I asked her to join me after you said about seven words about her.” T’ryn was currently trying to shimmy into the pants, finding it not too difficult thanks to the loose thread holding everything together, until he got to his thighs. His actual pants that day had been a looser fitting cloth that allowed for the shorts he usually preferred to fit comfortably underneath. He was currently finding that they weren’t quite the right material or size for leather pants and frowned at the way they bunched up every which way.

“Uh, Caz? What if my normal underwear doesn’t quite work with the design?” T’ryn stepped out from behind the screen, the pants mostly on, as he pointed to some of the problem areas. “I suppose this is on me. I do wear something different with my riding leathers that fit a bit tighter to my legs and should have put those on. Should I just go without for now?”

Cazan
of Gold Malvayth

Date of Birth
14.02.717, 28
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Brown right
Build
Lean, tomboyish.
Hair
Dark Auburn, Short

Threads

Cazan couldn't help but chuckle at the comment about herself going on a date. "I'm sure you two will probably get along just fine. I had to tell her a bit about you as well before she agreed." She was still on the fence about the whole thing to be honest. Nervous that something awkward would happen at the party, anxious at the thought of all the work she could be doing instead of pretending to be herself. Though if word got back to her family she was seen at a party with a dragonrider as a date her mother would probably have a fit, and that thought alone almost made the whole thing worth it. Unless it only made her mother try harder to find her a more suitable husband.

The train of thought was interrupted as T'ryn stepped out from behind the screen, and for just a moment she found herself staring at his chest instead of her work. Thankfully the man called her attention back to the pants and she frowned, immediately moving to circle behind him to hide the brief and jarring moment of... attraction? Was that it? No, it couldn't be. She didn't have time for any of that when there was work to do. Her voice was hoarse as she tried to respond and she cleared her throat before refocusing and trying again. "Probably best to go without for now. The fit on these won't allow for anything bulky underneath, it would show through and not in a good way. Go on, finish getting ready and we'll get started."

She shooed him back off to behind the screen again, mostly so that she could take a moment to breathe herself. Hopefully T'ryn hadn't noticed anything, she thought to herself. It was hard to get her mind back onto work for the moment so instead she went back to the plate of food he'd brought her, taking a few more bites. She'd be fine, it was just a momentary little hiccup of some sort of emotion. Maybe she was just tired from the late nights and early mornings she'd been pulling to get everything done faster. That was probably it. Nothing to be concerned about.

T'ryn
of Bronze Syrendryth

Date of Birth
17.04.722, 22
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde, shorter

Threads

T'ryn nodded and went back to strip down again, and further this time. He shucked his underwear without a second thought as modesty didn't come into play for such an activity. Changing in front of friends he had known since they were all toddlers or swimming nude with everyone back then had made him a true 'brat that was comfortable with almost all forms of nudity. Trying on clothes with the craftsman giving him a proper fitting was just another one of those things that didn't trigger his own odd sense of modesty and awkwardness.

Again he carefully pulled on the pants, shimmying when needed and then adjusting everything to fit comfortably within. With the lack of undergarments, the leather brushing against some more sensitive areas was causing interesting sensations that T'ryn was both not used to and unsure if he was already being swayed to the dark side of never wearing underwear. He knew Casa would appreciate one less obstacle to get by.

"All right, let's try this again," T'ryn came back out and moved closer to the light, figuring Caz would direct him over there anyway to make it easier to work in. "So are you going to sew me into them, leaving me forever stuck in them while showing off your craftsmanship?" He teased as he glanced down and realised just how form-fitting they could end up once finished.

Cazan
of Gold Malvayth

Date of Birth
14.02.717, 28
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Brown right
Build
Lean, tomboyish.
Hair
Dark Auburn, Short

Threads

Caz was feeling better after the quick break and snack, more confident that the odd pang of mysterious non work related emotion was just a fluke brought on by a lack of sleep and the still rather new environment of the Weyr. Sadly she was proven wrong as soon as T'ryn stepped back out and she found herself admiring how even the unfinished pants looked on his trim body. At least she only stared a little this time before grinning and shaking her head. "Well you should be able to still shimmy out of them pretty easily once I'm done sewing them up. Unless you didn't use any oil. Then the shimmying might have to be a bit more vigorous."

She circled him, eyeing the pants with a critical eye as her mind refocused on work. "Okay, legs a little more spread, don't lock your knees, and try not to twitch. Let me know if any of this starts feeling too tight. It shouldn't, but just in case."

Cazan had her large leather stitching needle clenched in her teeth with a bit of extra thread as she knelt down to work on tightening all of her stitches and closing the gaps between the panels of leather starting at his waist and making her way down. Somehow, being in such close physical proximity was much easier than just looking at his shirtless body had been, her fingers nimbly working at the threads and making small adjustments to the stitching as she went with no care or concern for how scandalous her position would look if anyone had walked in.

Every now and then she would poke and prod and manually rearrange one of T'ryn's legs, tell him to bend or flex to make sure the garment remained flexible. It wasn't until she had finished closing up the last stitch and made her final adjustment that she stood up and stretched with a groan, before looking at her handiwork in awe at the form fitting pants that appeared to have been painted on. "I don't know if you make my work look good or if my work makes you look good but you are definitely wearing those to the party."

T'ryn
of Bronze Syrendryth

Date of Birth
17.04.722, 22
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde, shorter

Threads

He was supposed to use the oil? Well, damn. Looked like he had his work cut out for him--if he survived the fitting. He followed the orders every time they were given and answered any questions that came his way about the fit. With each stitch, T'ryn surprisingly thought less about how he would get out of the pants and more about how he would end up looking in them. He liked the colour and the feel of them, and the fit wasn't too bad either.

When Caz stood and stepped back to admire his work, T'ryn gave an embarrassed laugh and shook his head. "It's all your work. I mean, making me look good? Your work is damn good." He still had confidence issues about his appearance despite how often people told him he looked like his dad and he knew everyone thought his dad was hot.

Despite all the testing they already did, T'ryn bent down a couple more times before carefully sitting on a stool. "Caz, these are amazing! Not nearly as restricting as I feared and assuming you're not just complimenting me as the creator of these fine pants, I actually kind of feel good in them as well. Like you said, I'm definitely wearing them to the party." He could already hear some of the ribbing his friends and siblings would give him for them but he decided it would just be because they were jealous they didn't have the fabulous pants.

"So, uh... lesson learned for next time but I didn't use the oil and I might need your help tugging these off." T'ryn gave a sheepish grin as he got back to his feet. He had a feeling a lot of shimmying would eventually get them down but someone tugging at the feet would potentially make it go faster and easier. Not that he was overly keen on needing assistance, especially with his odd modesty trying to kick in but it seemed like the better option for getting out of Caz's hair so the man could eat and finish up the day's work before bed.

Cazan
of Gold Malvayth

Date of Birth
14.02.717, 28
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Brown right
Build
Lean, tomboyish.
Hair
Dark Auburn, Short

Threads

It was music to her ears. Every little extra test of the fit and every pleased comment and compliment that the man gave her made every little inconvenience she encountered worth it. Who cared that she had to skulk about in the night like some sort of sorry villain when she wanted to bathe? Cazan had made something amazing, and she wasn't the only one to think so. She grinned, flushed with a combination of pride and a few other confusing emotions as she admired her work again. And the rider who wore that work if she was being honest. Maybe it wasn't so bad, after all for once she was looking forward to a party just so she could see how everyone else liked the pants too.

Cazan's smile immediately faltered as he asked her for help with removing the pants. T'ryn wasn't wearing any underwear and she was already having trouble with just being exposed to his torso. Not that the pants left much to the imagination with as form fitting as they were. "Ah... I mean... I still have to get this plate down to the kitchen... and oh! Boots! I have those ready for you as well."

They were only a temporary reprieve but she scurried off to where the boots were hiding under her workbench and picked them up to show off. They wouldn't catch nearly as many eyes as the pants would, but they were still well made, polished black with burgundy vamps and matching stitching up the the side seams to tie them in with the pants while still hopefully leaving them suitable for T'ryn's other dress clothes as well. "If you'd prefer an all black pair I can do that after I'm done with your other boots."

That still left her customer trapped in his pants though. The pants that only seemed to accentuate everything about him that Cazan could possibly find attractive when her brain wasn't in working mode. It was a monster of her own making but she still had just enough professionalism in her to keep from running away. Barely. She swallowed nervously and knelt back down to get a good grip on the bottoms of his pants. "Well, let's get you out of these." Maybe if she didn't look up it would be fine, but the nervous anticipation already had her cheeks darkening.

T'ryn
of Bronze Syrendryth

Date of Birth
17.04.722, 22
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde, shorter

Threads

T'ryn quickly realised his mistake when Caz started tossing out the oddest excuses--like bringing back the plate when he could have done that when he left. Caz was a holder and just because he took measurements and sewed a man into his pants, didn't mean he was comfortable seeing every bit of the man afterward. He wanted to apologise but Caz was suddenly showing off a pair of boots he'd somehow managed to finish while working on the pants and who knew what else and that distracted him for the moment.

"Caz! Those are amazing as well. Look at the burgundy accents," T'ryn was blown away by the detailing and had never even thought about such a thing being possible. Brown boots were all brown. Black were all black. But this? This was cool and uniquely his. He needed to get N'mor in here and get some custom pieces made. He could see his friend getting a kick out of the details Caz thought of.

"You don't need to hel--," T'ryn broke off with a laugh as Cazan knelt to help him with the pants. He was going to let the man escape the task of helping the dumb bronzerider get free of his pants but it looked like Caz had gotten over whatever was making him hesitate. They worked together one leg at a time, shimmying and pulling until he was free and clutching the pants over his groin so as not to add to Caz's discomfort.

"Right. Definitely remembering the oil from now on." he laughed again and heaved a sigh of relief at being free. Not that the pants were uncomfortable, but just that the embarrassing jig to reach freedom was over with. He almost turned to go back to the dressing screen but stopped himself in time and took careful steps backwards until he was safely behind the screen once more.

As he started to dress, T'ryn couldn't help but worry about how much work Caz was doing. "You're not over-working yourself, right? Taking some downtime in the evenings and getting enough sleep? Do I have to drag you to bed each night?"

Cazan
of Gold Malvayth

Date of Birth
14.02.717, 28
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Brown right
Build
Lean, tomboyish.
Hair
Dark Auburn, Short

Threads

Was there such a thing as making a pair of pants that were too good? Cazan couldn't help but wonder if maybe her ambition had reached too far, she'd flown too close to the sun and was now being burned for her hubris as they wrestled with the pants. But at least those pants were damn gorgeous. Or maybe it was just the model wearing them. At least she could pretend the redness in her face was from the effort of stripping T'ryn. As much as she tried to keep her eyes focused on the lower end of his extremities, there was a moment they were both practically bouncing trying to peel his pants off and she ended up getting slapped in the face by something warm and tragically unhand-like that she got a brief eye (and cheek) full of before they were victorious in his nudity (which he was thankfully quick to cover). It was a ludicrous moment that she blushed through and pretended didn't happen at all.

And she was going on a date with him and would have to pretend that none of this had happened to her. No, she corrected herself, going to a party with him as a guest. It would be fine, she'd get to meet people, show off her leather goods, maybe get more business as a result. Though with T'ryn showing off the goods, she was very confident she'd get at least one more order for pants while she was still at the Weyr. This was all still a very professional relationship; he was a good customer, and an excellent walking advertisement for her skills. She managed a chuckle when he mentioned the oil and nodded. "Yes, make sure you're lubed up a little before trying to squeeze in. Eventually everything will flex and stretch enough that you won't need it, but for now it'll be handy to remember."

Once he'd finished retreating to behind the screen Cazan let out a long breath and ran her fingers through her hair. The ordeal was done and she could relax. He'd come out fully clothed and it would be fine, and nothing would be awkward anymore. She grabbed the plate of food to take another bite while he got dressed. "No, I'm not over-working myself. I'm working the amount that I want to. I don't need downtime, or sleep." She tossed a bite of food into her mouth as she heard his last question. Her eyes went wide as she sputtered and coughed, almost choking on her food as she tried to respond, "What?! No! No, I can..." she had to pause to finish coughing and clearing her throat before she could continue, "Sorry I think I misheard the last question." Clearly that was it. Maybe she really was sleep deprived.

T'ryn
of Bronze Syrendryth

Date of Birth
17.04.722, 22
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde, shorter

Threads

T'ryn came rushing out at hearing Caz choking. He'd managed to put his pants on but was holding his shirt as he came up beside the leatherworker and lightly patted his back. It seemed like maybe he had just swallowed the wrong way and nothing was lodged in his throat but T'ryn still waited until Caz cleared his throat and seemed to be recovering.

"I was only threatening to tuck you into bed every night to ensure you aren't forgetting to sleep as well," T'ryn explained as he hunted around the work space for a jug of drinking water. When it was found, he poured a glass and handed it to Caz to help soothe the lingering cough. "I admire your work ethic and my friends will never believe I'm saying this instead of constantly being told it, but taking a break is good for you. Sleep and a little socializing doesn't hurt. I'm slowly figuring that out."

He slipped his shirt on and went back to grab his boots, returning to the open area to put them on. "That whole 'fresh perspective' thing people talk about when you walk away for a bit is kind of true. What I do is nothing compared to this but the breaks are nice."

Cazan
of Gold Malvayth

Date of Birth
14.02.717, 28
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Brown right
Build
Lean, tomboyish.
Hair
Dark Auburn, Short

Threads

Cazan was bright red from a combination of choking and embarrassment, though now it was more about how T'ryn had basically come running to her rescue and less about every other mortifying thing that had happened. The clarification oddly didn't help matters much either. It was oddly... sweet? She gratefully took the water and had a long drink while she calmed down, eventually nodding. Her voice still a little hoarse from the coughing as she said, "Yeah... yeah I know."

It was a lecture she'd heard a few times, though none of them had ever really had an impact on her before now. With as embarrassed as she was about the prior incidents, (don't think about the slap), and how concerned he seemed, she gave a grumbling sigh. "I have been staying up a bit later than I should trying to get everything done. I'll try go get some of that socializing in later. Promise. In the meantime I'll at least work on getting some sleep. Sound good?"

She didn't bother mentioning that she was guaranteed to get some socializing in at the party, but to help put a bit more artificial distance between her alter ego and herself she added, "Maybe a day or two after your party you can remind me to stop working for a bit. I'll be a bit busy the day of, so you might not even see me when you pick up my sister."

T'ryn
of Bronze Syrendryth

Date of Birth
17.04.722, 22
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde, shorter

Threads

“Sounds good,” T’ryn agreed, knowing how stubborn he could be when given the same lecture. At least Caz was willing to work on getting some more sleep and that was all he could ask for. They’d work on the socializing bit another time and it wasn’t like he was a complete recluse since he had to put up with at least one pestering bronzerider from time to time. There was one more thing he could do to help make time for sleep.

“And you don’t need to rush anything else on my long list of items. I don’t need anything immediately and I know your craftsmanship is worth the wait. So don’t bend over backwards for me, okay?” He knew Caz was older and knew his limitations so having some kid essentially boss him around likely wasn’t going to fly, but T’ryn was concerned. He hated the thought of someone fussing over him so much and nearly laughed at the realisation he was fussing over Caz fussing over his order.

“All right, bossy bronzerider mode is officially over and I’ll get out of your way. Do you need to do any more work on the pants or boots or do you want me to take them?” He wasn’t sure of all the details since he’d never been as close to the crafter in the past; simply place the order with all the measurements and come back when told to. But he also knew Caz found the workplace to be on the smaller side and T’ryn didn’t want any of his items cluttering the space if they didn’t need to be there.

Cazan
of Gold Malvayth

Date of Birth
14.02.717, 28
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Brown right
Build
Lean, tomboyish.
Hair
Dark Auburn, Short

Threads

She'd started automatically nodding in response to the fussing, but she wasn't too bothered by it for once. "And I won't rush, I just like to get things done. Sometimes those breaks means I lose my train of thought and have to go back a few steps or start over to try and get back into my groove. So I wasn't rushing on your order for the party, I was just inspired." It was only a small partial lie, there had only been a small amount of rushing involved so she felt comfortable enough to grin and add, "I like working with you. You're a good customer."

And with her mind set back properly into work, (T'ryn being fully clothed seemed to be helping), Cazan was hopeful she could get through the rest of the conversation without any further blushing or other awkward incidents. "I'm all done with those two. Might have something else done before the party, but we'll see." She held up a hand to intercept any complaints and grumbles. "Not rushing on it. If it's ready it's ready, if not then you'll get it later."

Cazan popped up onto her stool and grabbed the plate of food to eat. "When should I tell Cazan to meet you here? And should she bring anything for the party?" She tossed a bite into her mouth and couldn't help but give him a smirk as she did a small bit of sassing of her own, "And think you could run this back to the kitchen for me when you go? Since I'll be trying to catch up on all that sleep people say I need."

T'ryn
of Bronze Syrendryth

Date of Birth
17.04.722, 22
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde, shorter

Threads

T'ryn was relieved that Caz seemed to be back to his normal self. He had been a bit worried about the whole helping him strip thing and hoped he had only imagined a certain appendage coming into contact with someone else. Either he had imagined it or Caz was a trooper and pretended it didn't happen so they wouldn't have an awkward moment and then possibly lose a client. Yeah, that seemed a lot more accurate and T'ryn was willing to roll with it.

"Mid-afternoon on the twenty-eighth. We gather a bit before dinner, then dine, then socialize into the night," T'ryn explained, going back to fetch his fancy new pants. He slung them over his shoulder and returned, thinking for a moment on if Cazan should bring anything. "And no, she doesn't need to bring anything. My aunt is great for having everything covered. Actually, tell her to bring a lot of patience. Some might tease her if they think we're dating but they'll mostly tease me. It's a past-time some of them have." He loved his siblings and friends dearly but they were kind of horrible sometimes.

"And it's only fair I bring the plate back since I brought it in the first place and keep bugging you to sleep." T'ryn made to pull the plate away while Caz was still eating from it but then laughed and and feigned shock. "Oh, you're actually eating? I'm not used to such a sight."

Cazan
of Gold Malvayth

Date of Birth
14.02.717, 28
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Brown right
Build
Lean, tomboyish.
Hair
Dark Auburn, Short

Threads

The twenty-eighth; that would give her enough time to finish the matching vest. She'd just leave it with "her sister" to give to him as a surprise. "Sounds like a fun time. And I think she has a decent amount of patience. She puts up with me after all." Or rather she put up with her actual brother and his perpetual laziness. "I'm sure she'll behave for your friends and family. Even if they try to tease her." Cazan wondered if any gossip from the party would make its way back to her mother. Maybe the woman would ease up trying to find her a husband if she thought she already had found a suitor. Or maybe mother would just be offended she went with a dragonrider and try that much harder to find someone a bit more suited for a Holder's daughter.

The teasing distracted her from the line of thought and she couldn't help but smirk, taking another quick bite as she moved the plate out of reach. "Come on, your memory can't be that bad. You've see me eat before." She chuckled as she shook her head, and after one more bite she decided that she had to escalate the teasing, even if it meant she'd have to relive the moment herself. She held the plate out, cheeks already starting to redden (though thankfully no where near as badly as earlier), and said, "Here, I'm done, though I didn't think seeing me eat was the most unusual thing that's happened tonight. Just promise you won't slap my sister in the face with your dick too."

T'ryn
of Bronze Syrendryth

Date of Birth
17.04.722, 22
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde, shorter

Threads

T'ryn almost dropped the plate as Caz pointed out that no, he had not been imagining anything and Caz had most certainly noticed as well and was now bringing it up. He tightened his grip on the plate and felt his cheeks burning up as he stared and gawked so eloquently at the leather worker. "I am so sorry. It wasn't intentional but I should have had... better... awareness..." this was not the conversation he wanted to have that night!

He was already typically so awkward and had been surprising himself with how comfortable he had been around Caz and then he had to go and ruin it in the most T'ryn manner possible. Who else would accidentally slap someone with their dick while changing? Seriously? And not only was he being called out for it, he was being told in no uncertain terms that it better not happen to Cazan. He knew big brothers were protective of their siblings but T'ryn was starting to think twins were the fiercer ones.

"And I absolutely promise not to do such a thing to your sister." He didn't even know Cazan and likely wouldn't even kiss her that night let alone do anything that had her face near his groin. Oh man, he was never going to live this down. Though, while he suspected the warning was real, the mentioning it in general was likely just teasing and T'ryn didn't think Caz would turn it into a constant big deal. If he wanted to, he would have done so in the moment, right? His luck showed Caz wanted to see exactly why his friends liked picking on him so much and the reaction given showed it perfectly.

Cazan
of Gold Malvayth

Date of Birth
14.02.717, 28
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Brown right
Build
Lean, tomboyish.
Hair
Dark Auburn, Short

Threads

It was refreshing to see that she wasn't alone in her general distress and awkwardness regarding the situation, but the way T'ryn was sputtering and apologizing made her want to apologize for bringing it up at all. Cazan smiled, the amused tone in her voice softened a bit as she tried to reassure the man. "Hey, things happen... not sure how often this sort of thing happens though. Anyway, it was an accident. It's fine. You don't really seem the type to just wander around slapping people in the face with your dick on purpose."

The more she tried to offer what was possibly the most awkward reassurance in the history of Pern the more she started blushing herself again. What was she even trying to do anymore? "Sorry, this probably isn't helping. How about we just agree to try and forget it happened? I won't use it to tease you if you don't use it to tease me. Except for certain exceptional circumstances." It would come up eventually. The incident was too awkward to just die on its own, no matter how much she wished it would. She grumbled, "It's almost as bad as the party incident..."

And that thought prompted a topic change. Once incident on her mind was enough. "I'll probably have a matching vest ready for you in time for the party. I was going to make it a surprise, but this will let you try and plan your outfit accordingly."

T'ryn
of Bronze Syrendryth

Date of Birth
17.04.722, 22
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde, shorter

Threads

T'ryn was more than willing to pretend the event never happened, especially with the way Caz kept bringing it up so nonchalantly and announcing that yep, definitely an accident and T'ryn wasn't the sort to do it on purpose. No kidding! He said he wasn't and he really wasn't, especially with a stranger. Well, Caz wasn't really a stranger but he also wasn't a lover and that might be the only time he'd consider doing such a thing and even that thought was making him uncomfortable. The term 'dick-slapping' really needed to be wiped from everyone's vocabulary.

He couldn't even bring himself to ask about what he thought he heard was the party incident. Caz clearly didn't want to talk about it, which meant it was perfect revenge for the current topic but T'ryn just wanted to forget everything and go hide away from people for a while. "Agreed. Never to be discussed again," he hoped they never found themselves in a situation that warranted that level of extreme teasing or any sort of teasing. He was pretty sure he'd never tease Caz again in case it led to another moment like this one.

"Thanks," he mumbled in response for the vest. He left unspoken that he didn't need it or that Caz better not push himself to get it done on top of everything else since he'd said it enough already. Grabbing his amazing new boots in one hand and gripping the plate still a bit too tightly from lingering embarrassment in the other, T'ryn decided this was definitely his cue to leave.

"I better head out," T'ryn cringed as his innocent words suddenly took on double meanings thanks to the event he was trying to forget happened, "so that you can finish up for the day and get some proper sleep." That sounded clean enough and T'ryn found himself smiling again at how silly he was being.

"I'll visit again soon, and not just because you're making me amazing clothes." He went to wave, realised his hands were full, and waved with the boots anyway, still smiling at how he was being even sillier with his departure.

Cazan
of Gold Malvayth

Date of Birth
14.02.717, 28
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Brown right
Build
Lean, tomboyish.
Hair
Dark Auburn, Short

Threads

The awkwardness was almost enough to make Cazan try to apologize for getting slapped in the first place, which was ridiculous and would probably only make things worse the more she thought about it. T'ryn's discomfort was so adorably profound she wanted to try and do something to make him feel better. Calling attention to the other man's discomfort would probably only make things more awkward, (she certainly wouldn't want someone to go on and on about it either), and any further offering of gifts or services would be overkill. She doubted the bronzerider wanted a souvenir to remember the time he dick-slapped someone. So she did the only thing she could think of. "Thank you for taking the plate down for me, and bringing me food in the first place.Going to take your advice and rest once I'm done cleaning up in here."

Cazan quietly wished she hadn't felt the need to tease back, just had left it all unsaid forever. She would have to remember to be careful about teasing T'ryn in the future, or at least try to keep it on the milder side until she had a better feel for the man's tolerance. At least he was smiling though, and she returned it with a relieved smile of her own as she moved to get the door. "You're welcome to visit any time, I'll even try to stop working when you do. Don't need you to get into bossy bronzerider mode again. Maybe we can actually sit and eat something together instead of you bringing me a random plate to make sure that I don't starve myself."

T'ryn
of Bronze Syrendryth

Date of Birth
17.04.722, 22
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde, shorter

Threads

"Good, I hate going into bossy bronzerider mode. Casa keeps threatening to nominate me as her Weyrleader and I can't think of something I want less." He knew she was teasing him to see him squirm but T'ryn still had a smidgen of fear that she would actually put his name down as potential bronzeriders just to see him squirm in front of the leaders. Again, he wondered why he had such horrible people as his closest friends.

"Sounds like a plan. Who knows, maybe it'll become a habit and we'll eat together regularly." That would likely do Caz some good. Get him out of his shop some more and join T'ryn and friends at a table and socialise... yeah, he was definitely going to get that to happen at some point. He wouldn't push for it right away, though. Just getting Caz to take a break would be a huge step.

"I promise to stop in again soon with two plates in hand," he gave another boot-filled wave before turning and heading out. For the most part, that had been a fun visit and he came away with the coolest boots and pants that T'ryn couldn't wait to show off. But he would; he liked the idea of waiting until the party to show off the completed look and sales pitch to at least N'mor and maybe their dads. He was just going to do his best to not think about stripping off the pants and vowed to use oil the next time he wore them and to get out of them on his own, even if it took all night.

Cazan
of Gold Malvayth

Date of Birth
14.02.717, 28
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Brown right
Build
Lean, tomboyish.
Hair
Dark Auburn, Short

Threads

"Well I won't let her do that to you then. I'll just have to bribe her with... pants or something along those lines." Though if he did become Weyrleader he might be able to get her that private bathroom.. she smiled and shook her head at the thought. She'd teased him more than enough already, she didn't need to try to needle him about a bathroom.

Cazan dismissed the silly daydreaming to refocus on the current conversation. "Maybe one day. Though as far as habits go, eating with you sounds fun." And oddly enough it did sound like it could potentially be fun to just relax and eat with the man. Maybe T'ryn's presence would make it easier to ignore the ever present urge to keep herself busy and distracted. Cazelarias might even be proud of her, she thought. Here she was making plans on purpose to socialize without even thinking about the business potential.

She gave one final wave as he left, calling out, "If you give me enough notice I'll make sure to have things cleaned up enough that we can use the bench as a proper table." And then she closed the door and rubbed her face in her hands as she let out an exasperated sigh. She still couldn't believe what had happened, and with no one she could tell (she definitely couldn't tell her brother) she grabbed her notebook and scribbled a small journal entry of the incident hidden between some boring measurements where no one would bother to look. Maybe with it out of her head and committed to paper her mind would be able to let go of it and she'd have normal dreams when she fell asleep.

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)