World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [C] [EVENT] 740.12.12 | Boots Made For Riding
8am | Cazan

T'ryn
of Bronze Syrendryth

Date of Birth
17.04.722, 22
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde, shorter

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
It was a quiet and cool-for-Ista-Weyr morning. T’ryn loved the hot weather but he had found enjoyment in the cooler winter temperatures as each year passed. They simply felt calmer and made him relax more and enjoy the peace of the day—or evening as he found it equally as pleasurable. This was the type of morning where he could lounge on the ledge with Syrendryth for hours and do nothing but chat with his dragon or read. But since he did that regularly and didn’t have to ferry any of his friends anywhere for a change, T’ryn thought he might go check in with the new guy—Caz something-or-other. He felt a bit bad he couldn’t recall his full name but that had only been tossed out once while Caz was used more frequently.

Katiryn was practically glowing as she introduced the leatherworker to everyone the day after his arrival a week or so ago and T’ryn found the man easy to get along with but hadn’t quite had the time to properly visit. No doubt Mylorah had already wined and dined Caz and befriended him, possibly even bedded him. Sometimes T’ryn envied that carefree attitude of hers where she didn’t need to overthink everything or worry what people thought of her. She did what she wanted, how she wanted and he was left there debating every action and afraid he might upset someone.

He wasn’t going to be that way today—he hoped. He was going to go place an order both out of a need for new boots and fear that not much work had come in yet so he wanted to make sure Caz was settling in well. It wasn’t his job to look after every new person that came into the Weyr, but T’ryn couldn’t help himself at times and he knew his friends had taken a shining to the leatherworker so he would help where he could. Truthfully, he didn’t need boots that desperately either, but having been raised in Katila, T’ryn was used to making and fixing his own riding straps and his jacket was fairly new still. So new boots, especially after all the work he was doing in Benden Weyr, seemed reasonable.

He reached the small room that had been designated for the man to work and T’ryn knocked before peeking his head in to see if Caz was both in and available. Seeing that he was in and didn’t look terribly busy, T’ryn stepped inside with a warm smile. “Morning! I wondered if you had an opening for a pair of riding boots. There’s no rush for them either.”

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Cazan
of Gold Malvayth

Date of Birth
14.02.717, 28
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Brown right
Build
Lean, tomboyish.
Hair
Dark Auburn, Short

Threads

Written By: BardlyThere
Cazan hadn't been as busy as she'd preferred but that was to be expected, she reminded herself, in a new market. She didn't have any established clients yet, was still getting a feel for the locals, and they were likely still getting a feel for her, so it made sense that so far she'd been doing smaller repair orders and other odds and ends. She did have one order in the works that had potential to grow from that one gentleman she'd met who made wine. She paused to dig through her notebook for the name (Je'ler) and circled it to try and affix it more firmly in her memory. If he was happy with the three wineskins she was working on then he would very likely be a repeat customer. Not a very glamorous bit of work, but if she threw in some embellishments, a bit of extra tooling, some contrast stitching, then hopefully it would lead to something a bit more interesting.

Honestly though, even with the current slow pace, she was rather enjoying herself. The dragons were interesting to watch from afar, the people had been rather friendly, and it was nice not having any bit of her normal life around to haunt her with expectations. She was scribbling down some design ideas for jackets and gloves while she took a break from the wine skins when there was a knock on her door and a familiar young man stepped in to her workroom. Her workroom. That was another nice bonus, her own private work space.

She grinned up at the mention of work and set down her pen. "For you, of course! Come on in, take a seat," she gestured towards the extra stool by her workbench. If she recalled correctly, Katiryn has said he was one of the few bronzeriders who didn't think he was better than everyone. "T'ryn right? Tell me about the boots you want. Oh and how have you been?" Had to remember to build those relationships. Customers who were on friendly terms were more likely to be repeat customers. That and he'd been easy enough to get along with from what she remembered.

T'ryn
of Bronze Syrendryth

Date of Birth
17.04.722, 22
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde, shorter

Threads

T’ryn was relieved to see he wasn’t bothering Caz but a bit worried as well to see the lack of work. Perhaps he was already taking a break or the notes he had been working on were for a project. Either way, T’ryn was glad he stopped by and smiled as he took the offered seat. “Honestly, my father would probably drop dead at hearing it, but I don’t have much fashion sense and a boot is a boot to me so long as they fit and are comfortable. So, I guess whatever you want to make?” R’nd had always loved clothes and T’ryn had heard stories about how his dad used to ask the Searchriders that snuck North to steal supplies and people what the latest fashion was and to grab him a shirt or two. T’ryn was very much not like that. Actually, none of his siblings were either. Clearly that was one R’nd Thing none of them inherited.

“Would studying or measuring my current boots help you at all?” He had no problem in removing his current pair for Caz to work his magic on but before he bent down to unlace them, a thought hit T’ryn. “Actually, I had another growth spurt earlier this year and while I replaced or let out a lot of clothes, I didn’t think about my footwear. Thinking about them now, they’re actually a bit tight, especially my nicer pair I wear for Gathers. So would you be willing to do two pairs? Everyday wear and something a little fancier?” He supposed that was one perk—or downside depending on view—of well-loved boots; it was hard to tell when they didn’t fit quite right anymore.

“Oh, and I’ve been well, thank you.” T’ryn flushed a bit at how rude he was for ignoring Caz’s politeness and focusing solely on the business portion when he was there for more than just boots. “Just busy with lending my hands to setting up Benden Weyr. How about you? Settling in here well? Mylorah and the other girls aren’t bugging you too much, are they?” Even T’ryn could see that Caz was good-looking and he also saw how much Katiryn clung to him so he could just imagine how much attention the leatherworker was grabbing when all he wanted to do was work or even eat.

Cazan
of Gold Malvayth

Date of Birth
14.02.717, 28
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Brown right
Build
Lean, tomboyish.
Hair
Dark Auburn, Short

Threads

Not just one pair but two! And one of them could be fancy! And the client had no sense of fashion so she could do whatever she wanted! This was going to be a good day, absolutely nothing could ruin it as far as Cazan was concerned. She flipped to a clean page in her notebook and started scribbling down notes for the order. She cleared her throat and made a point to focus on keeping her voice masculine and level even despite her excitement. "So one pair of every day riding boots, and a fancier pair. Studying your old boots will help some even if the sizing is off. Should give me an idea of how you walk in them so I know what parts of the sole should be a bit more reinforced, if you'll need any extra support in the arch, things like that. May as well get a tracing of both your feet outside of your shoes as well to make sure the new ones fit. Will you be dancing in the fancy pair? Do you have a nice jacket or vest you'll want them matched to?"

It was a torrent of enthusiastic questions and Cazan had to remind herself that there was a bit of social obligation as well required from her. So as she spun about to set some paper on the floor to prepare for tracing and began to inspect his boots she decided to get some of the friendly chatter in as well. "Benden is far isn't it? Though I suppose dragon would make it easy; it still boggles me a little all that between stuff. You ever see..." she shook her head, didn't need him to think she was crazy before she'd even really gotten started on his order. Best to change the subject. "No never mind, silly question. I'm settling in well enough, only a few small things I'd change honestly. And the ladies haven't been a problem at all, rather lovely and friendly. Honestly I feel very lucky to have met everyone I have so far."

So far Caz had rather handily dodged any attempts to turn any of the flirting into anything more, pretending to be oblivious and getting distracted with work had so far worked out well enough. Hopefully it would keep working. Though that did bring another thought to mind and she tilted her head curiously as she looked up at T'ryn while kneeling at his feet taking boot notes. "A man flirted with me a day or so ago, that was interesting. Does that happen often around here? I mean, I've heard stories but... well I'm never sure what all is true or not."

T'ryn
of Bronze Syrendryth

Date of Birth
17.04.722, 22
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde, shorter

Threads

He wasn’t sure if the excitement was a normal reaction or if that confirmed that not many had had reason to stop in just yet. Either way, it seemed like it was working out for both of them. T’ryn laughed when Caz knelt before him to inspect the boots so he bent over to unlace them before slipping them off. “Do whatever you need to do with them. And um, yes? I mean, I imagine I’ll get dragged into dancing sometimes so the fancier pair might see some awkward steps in their life. And no idea about colour. Probably just brown or maybe black. Those go with most things, right?” That seemed like the safest logic in his mind and T’ryn wasn’t about to stress himself over what colours were in his wardrobe and what would match them. At least not yet. Now that he knew that was something people cared about, he’d likely start worrying.

“Benden is far, but you’re right. Going between makes any trip a few seconds long,” as he lined up his feet on the paper, T’ryn tilted his head, watching Caz as he changed his mind about the question he seemed to have. He was going to ask what it was but let it slide—not like he had much choice with how chatty the man was. T’ryn smiled, happy to hear that he wasn’t being pestered too much. Not like any of the girls would really listen to him if told them to ease up on the flirting. In fact, he could name several of them that would simply turn it around on him and either flirt with him instead to make him blush or say he wanted them to stop so he could have the new guy. He couldn’t win with them.

“Oh, yeah, that can be fairly normal. Most people can take a hint, though. If you say you’re not interested in them specifically or men in general, they’ll back off. You’re still fresh meat so everyone wants to try a nibble.” He never really thought about it, since he grew up around it, but holders new to the Weyr life had a lot to take in and were probably shocked at how right or wrong their rumours were. He had to do some adapting as well with how to function in a Hold and even how to make purchases with marks, so on some level he did understand. “You said you’d change a few things. Is there anything I can help with?”

Cazan
of Gold Malvayth

Date of Birth
14.02.717, 28
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Brown right
Build
Lean, tomboyish.
Hair
Dark Auburn, Short

Threads

"Black then, maybe a bit of contrast stitching... nothing too much." It was one of a few things Cazan mumbled to herself as she traced around each of his feet and studied his existing boots. "Smooth enough sole to allow for spins and dance maneuvers. Probably just enough scuff and grip to keep you from slipping though if you're not good at it. I should be able to adjust the sole to better handle the wear pattern you have on these."

She had to remind herself about the conversation at hand as she scribbled down notes. "Interesting. I'll have to remember that more men might flirt with me in the future." Cazan had been briefly worried when it happened that something about her disguise was falling apart, and it had been a mix of surprise and relief when the man had made a remark about her masculinity. She paused then, hoping she hadn't said anything that T'ryn would find offensive. "Not that I'm bothered by the idea or anything. It's just different."

That only seemed more awkward. She cleared her throat as she grabbed the tracings off the floor and stood up to sit back on her stool. "Anyway, just a few small things that aren't important really. Probably just me being a bit peculiar. Used to having a bit more privacy, like my own bath. But that's not important right now, what else is there for your boots..."

If T'ryn wasn't sure if he wanted black or brown then he probably wouldn't know to match his belt and other accessories either. Cazan did a quick bit of mental math; it was her first big order, he seemed a good and decent person who wouldn't likely take advantage of her, and he was a bronze rider which meant he was going to be socially important eventually if he somehow wasn't already (and he was Katiryn's friend and she was clearly important). That all added up to a good customer to try and invest in. She grabbed her notebook to start scribbling in it again. "So a belt and gloves probably too. Maybe a jacket if I get time..."

T'ryn
of Bronze Syrendryth

Date of Birth
17.04.722, 22
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde, shorter

Threads

“It’s all right, Caz. You come from a very different world than what we have here. I’m not going to judge you for being surprised by some things or not liking others.” Really, he didn’t mind at all that a man wasn’t used to or particularly wanted the attention of other men. Even he himself found it a bit odd most of the time. Of course there was N’mor but T’ryn had never found himself attracted to any other man. Then again, as some friends liked to point out, he was oblivious and probably wouldn’t even know his own feelings for someone.

T’ryn gave soft sigh at his musings and shook his head at the dismissal of what counted as small issues and the way Caz yet again tried to brush a concern of his aside. “I’ve never had my own bath, even now. If I did, I’d offer its use to you. I know change can be difficult, especially a mountain’s worth all at once. I can try to get you a room with one or find someone who will share…” T’ryn trailed off as he thought about options both in friends with their own bath and if he could get the leatherworker one of his own when Caz’s mumblings as he jotted down notes pulled him back.

“Woah, wait, what? No-no-no, it’s okay, you don’t need to do so much for me.” T’ryn was there to get something he needed and provide some business but he suddenly felt extremely odd at someone fussing so much over him and willing to make him so much. Sure, it could have just been the pushy market attitude his father had told him to watch out for. A vendor trying to sell more than what you went in for sort of thing but T’ryn felt this was more a genuine love for the craft and a need to help the pathetic bronzerider that just confessed to not paying attention to colours.

“I’m not used to needing or having such a wide variety of clothing. We didn’t have much in Katila and that carried over for me when we came North. I mean, I do still have a lot more than Mylorah does. That girl has even less materialistic bones than I do.” Which made her playing dress up with Tazikel even funnier in his books. It probably pained her so much to go shopping and have more dresses than she knew what to do with now and T’ryn was glad he hadn’t fallen for a daughter of a Lord and then get dragged to parties.

“But,” T’ryn reminded himself he wanted to help Caz and if ordering more items did that and helped spread the word of his work, than he could add one more belt to his closet. “I suppose I could go for a belt. Gloves only if you have time. I’m not in need of a jacket at the moment though, so please don’t worry about that. I don’t want to take up all of your time either.”

Cazan
of Gold Malvayth

Date of Birth
14.02.717, 28
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Brown right
Build
Lean, tomboyish.
Hair
Dark Auburn, Short

Threads

Cazan willfully ignored T'ryn's objection to more work as she grabbed a measuring tape to quickly throw around his waist for a quick estimate of belt length. "Probably will make it a little on the long side so it lasts through another growth spurt just in case... if you never need the extra length I can shorten it. And the belt and gloves I'll do for free. Easy enough to do with the leftovers from your boots. If I get time I'll do a jacket and if you're worried about pay you can just consider wearing it once a month in a public place as payment enough through advertising. And if you're worried about taking up my time, don't. What else am I going to do besides work?" She grinned at him before returning to her notes to jot down the notes for his belt.

"Honestly though, a room with my own bathroom or even a bath I could privately share... that alone would be worth a jacket or two, or even a pair of leather pants to me. Plus it would be nice if my sister ever managed to visit. She's the shy sort." The thought of a pair of pants led her down a rabbit hole though. If she was already doing boots, belt, and gloves she could just get the man fully outfitted in something that would look good on the behemoth of a dragon he had. She'd only seen him up close once and it had been bigger than she'd imagined, jarring enough that she was pretty sure she remembered the color enough to design an outfit to work well with it. "Actually stand up, I'm going to get all of your measurements if you don't mind. For a personal project that you can't object to because I'm doing it for fun. And if it turns out as well as I hope then I can make something for Mylorah too if she wants."

T'ryn
of Bronze Syrendryth

Date of Birth
17.04.722, 22
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde, shorter

Threads

T’ryn sighed and slumped a bit, knowing he was thoroughly beaten and there was no arguing with a crafter with their mind set on something. He wasn’t worried about the cost since he didn’t do a lot of spending to begin with, except when he wanted to treat someone close to him. But he was worried about taking up so much time since that meant someone else might not get an order in before Caz moved on. Then again, with enough demand and a waitlist, he could decide to settle in for the long haul.

He sighed again as he got to his feet, arms out to his sides as all of his measurements were taken. There really wasn’t any point in arguing since, as was stated, whatever this was for would be a side project. T’ryn would feel horrible accepting it without some sort of payment or trade, though, but didn’t mention that either. He had a feeling they would just go back and forth in their stubbornness on the issue or he’d cave with one look and not want to upset the new guy.

“I’ll see what I can do about a private bath. No promises, though. I’m still young in both age and length of time as a rider to many but I’ll try. I’ll pester some friends who have a private bath as well.” This was one of the rare cases where he did wish to be Weyrleader like Casa kept teasing him about. He knew she wouldn’t actually try to get him selected to be her counterpart but it always made him squirm at the thought of being so front and centre at all times. Maybe Casa would be the best place to start in asking for the bath for Caz. She didn’t have full sway over the Weyr yet but she could still convince Ameris.

“What’s your sister like? Younger or older? Any other siblings? I have more than my father knows about,” T’ryn chuckled as he thought about R’nd reacting to more children appearing at his door. The man had become a good dad but he still seemed to panic every time a child decided to finally reveal themselves to him.

Cazan
of Gold Malvayth

Date of Birth
14.02.717, 28
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Brown right
Build
Lean, tomboyish.
Hair
Dark Auburn, Short

Threads

Even if she felt the tiniest bit like she'd just bullied him, Cazan had to admit there was some satisfaction in knowing she'd won. So she was humming happily as she ran the measuring tape along T'ryn's chest and arms, making mental notes about the various contours and angles of his body. He was lean, but there was muscle enough that something more form fitting would probably be better than something on the loose side. She grabbed her book to commit her thoughts to paper. As she got back to measuring she continued with the conversation. "If you can manage anything I'd really appreciate it, but don't get into any trouble on my account. If I can't get a private bathroom I'm sure I'll survive. Seems a silly thing to complain about really."

And really she probably shouldn't have brought it up to begin with, she thought. It would probably just bring more attention to the issue, more people might hear "he" wanted a private bathroom then get curious as to why. She got back to measuring as she tried to think about how to describe herself from her brother's perspective. "My sister Cazan is... boring. And a bit odd I suppose. She's my twin. Very quiet, a lot of people call her shy. She likes to climb trees, wants to do something more productive than just wait for mother to find her a man she finds tolerable to marry. I've got one older brother, Cazonel, but father has him busy helping him run the Hold. And three younger brothers. They usually cause enough mischief that it keeps mother too busy to bother me and Zanny."

It made her life sound much sadder than it really was so Cazan let her thoughts wander back to work. She was running the tape up the inside of T'ryn's legs to get his inseam when she asked, "How do you feel about tight clothing? I've got some ideas and I think you could pull it off."

T'ryn
of Bronze Syrendryth

Date of Birth
17.04.722, 22
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde, shorter

Threads

Caz was doing his best to rival him in number of siblings it seemed. He didn't have a twin, but T'ryn empathized over the numbers in general, though his life seemed a bit more wild than the leatherworker's. His sisters were anything but quiet and boring, though Caz's three little brothers seemed like they might be able to give all of his own siblings a run for their money if they put their mind to it. It was probably best to keep all of their siblings away from each other. T'ryn had a feeling that would end in a headache and maybe a death depending on the day and activity.

He wouldn't mind meeting the twin sister, though. He already liked Caz and a 'quiet and boring' sister didn't seem horrible either. No doubt that was an exaggeration and there was more to her but he doubted she would be in tolerable. "Your sister sounds lovely. I hope she visits so I can meet her. Maybe I can take her to my aunt's year end party that's coming up." He chuckled as he suggested it, knowing how silly it was. He didn't know the girl and they might not even get along that well. Besides, if he did bring a date, it'd be one of their friends. Maybe Casa since she already knew the family and the antics that could come up. But bringing a holder would certainly shock a lot of people there.

He was still considering the party in general when the question came up and T'ryn gave a little shrug. "I'm fine with it. I have a couple of things that fit tighter than others so go wild. I'll trust your ideas and decisions."

Cazan
of Gold Malvayth

Date of Birth
14.02.717, 28
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Brown right
Build
Lean, tomboyish.
Hair
Dark Auburn, Short

Threads

"All of her suitors tell me she is," Caz said in response to the statement that she sounded lovely. It was really quite funny when any of them came to her at work to ask that "he" put in a good word with her for them. The invitation to the party surprised her a little but she brushed it off with a chuckle of her own as she continued to measure and take notes.

And then T'ryn said the magic words and she almost froze, a grin on her face. "Oh really? You could very well be my favorite person right now." Caz scrambled to grab her notebook, jotting down ideas between the measurements she'd written. She was going to wrap that man in an outfit that showcased his body and her work in one magnificent piece of advertising art. "You're going to have to dance in order to properly show this off. When's the party? Or is that more of a fine fabric suit sort of affair?"

Though that did bring her thoughts back to the invitation he'd tossed her and she tilted her head curiously. "Though are you sure you'd want to take my sister? I could probably arrange for that to happen. She's not been very fond of parties since... well it's been six years since the incident, I'm sure she could manage if you wanted her to. And it would probably be far more interesting than the normal parties she attends back home."

T'ryn
of Bronze Syrendryth

Date of Birth
17.04.722, 22
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde, shorter

Threads

“The party is in about two weeks and it’s more fine fabric suit sort of thing. I forgot you don’t know all the drama that surrounds my family. My dad was the son of a Lord before he was Searched and my aunt is a Lady of a Hold in Benden. Any further explanation on my family right now will make your head hurt.” T’ryn laughed, knowing how convoluted it all was. He was the one working on the family tree after all and currently had a list of his dad’s past lovers—one of his more awkward conversations with his dad—so he could verify if any of them had kids that he might be related to.

“So I’m not sure your sister would want to go. Well, I suppose this one still wouldn’t be quite as normal as what she’s used to. My aunt Eridella is pretty unique and most of the guests will be from the Weyrs. So I guess if she happens to visit you before the party and doesn’t hate being around me, I might just invite her along.” T’ryn was surprising himself that morning. He was having a fairly relaxed conversation with someone without overthinking every single word or meaning and now he was even considering taking an unknown woman on what everyone would consider a date. Maybe he was coming down with a fever or Syrendryth was messing with his emotions again. Not me this time. This is all you. So go back to that not-thinking thing that makes you more human.

T’ryn rolled his eyes and then realised he was being rude. “My dragon is obnoxious most days. Anyway, maybe we can mix fine fabric with leather? I can supply the shirt if you do the pants?” T’ryn felt that could work and kind of liked the idea of mixing the styles. Of course that meant he now added yet another item to Caz’s workload when all he went in for was a pair of boots. Unless these would be the pants that got the man so excited as a freebie side project.

Cazan
of Gold Malvayth

Date of Birth
14.02.717, 28
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Brown right
Build
Lean, tomboyish.
Hair
Dark Auburn, Short

Threads

There was an odd bit of very mild emotional turmoil swirling around Cazan's thoughts. Fabric suit was disappointing. The party really didn't sound like her cup of tea if it was just more of the same Holder social she was used to attending. But then it didn't sound like the usual sort of party if it was going to have a lot of guests from the Weyrs. There was also the potential business exposure, if she had his boots and other accessories ready in time it would be an opportune moment to show them off and she could make sure T'ryn flaunted the goods an appropriate amount if she went.

The main issue at hand though, was that she wasn't quite sure how she was going to pull off the double act without her twin present and helping her. It probably wasn't worth risking her work just to go to a party. And then he said the magic words and her attention refocused on him. "Well she'll have to go to your party if I'm making pants for it. I'll let her know. And I'm sure she'd enjoy your company, you don't seem the type that normally grate on her nerves. What's your dragon being obnoxious about?"

It couldn't be too bad to go to a party with T'ryn, and she was sure she'd figure out some way to make it work. He was an easy client to work with, enjoyable to be around so far, and there was all of that potential exposure for her work. She was confident she could make him look good, and that would in turn make her look good. Or at least her work. More correctly, her brother's work. Maybe if she had even more time she could do a vest too. "Do you have a shirt already picked out, by the way? What color?"

T'ryn
of Bronze Syrendryth

Date of Birth
17.04.722, 22
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde, shorter

Threads

T’ryn laughed at the man deciding the fate of his twin without asking her. “I’d rather you ask her instead of telling her. I don’t want her to feel obligated and be miserable.” What was he getting himself into? He had been joking and suddenly he was now about to have a date with an unknown woman at a function with his family. This was why he liked to think things through before acting on anything. He could already hear his dad, B’jin, N’mor, and Mylorah teasing him lightly in front of this woman and majorly pestering him about her later on when she wasn’t around. But if she was anything like Caz, or even quieter like was implied, it wouldn’t be too bad. Hopefully.

“And Syrendryth likes to tease me when he’s bored, nothing to worry about. Anyway, the shirt is burgundy. I can bring it by later if you want to verify the colour.” His luck dictated that there would be a dozen shades of burgundy and it just made sense to come by again and leave the shirt behind for proper matching or whatever was needed. Maybe around lunch to make sure the man wasn’t working too hard and took a break to eat.

Cazan
of Gold Malvayth

Date of Birth
14.02.717, 28
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Brown right
Build
Lean, tomboyish.
Hair
Dark Auburn, Short

Threads

"Oh I'm sure it will be fine, I know my sister well enough. You'll be a breath of fresh air compared to the men that get thrown at her." Cazan smiled at that, pleased with her own little joke. Of course she'd agree to go once she was in a dress and looking more the proper lady, it would be an excellent way of making sure that the pants fit and moved properly. And in a pinch she could try to coach T'ryn through a dance to better showcase the maneuverability and fit of her work. For once she was actually glad for the silly little lessons on how to be a proper lady that her mother had given her.

"Well you tell your dragon that you are a nice young man who doesn't deserve to be teased too much. Unless you think that will make him cross with me. He looks more than big enough to eat me if he wanted to. And it would actually be great if you brought the shirt in for me. I should be able to get your pants and dress boots at least ready in time for the party, and I've got all the notes I need for now from your measurements. Once I'm further along with the pants I'll have to do a test fitting. Oh and here," she handed him back his boots, "I'm done with these as well." Cazan gave T'ryn another warm smile, looking forward to attending a party for the first time in quite a while.

T'ryn
of Bronze Syrendryth

Date of Birth
17.04.722, 22
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde, shorter

Threads

T’ryn took back his boots with a sheepish grin. He’d honestly forgotten he wasn’t wearing them thanks to the wild ride their conversation had been and would have left in just his socks. He wouldn’t have gone far without them given how hot the sand could be but he knew he would have done it all the same. He mumbled a ‘thanks’ and set to work putting them back on.

“Luckily for me, Sy doesn’t have any desire to eat people. Otherwise, I’d be down quite a few friends.” He was serious and knew Casa would be at the top of the list of people to devour but T’ryn gave a smile to Caz, showing that he was teasing and his dragon definitely wouldn’t eat people no matter what. “Accidentally stepping on someone on the other hand…” he laughed as he finished with one boot and went to the other.

“And I’ll come by later with the shirt. I have a few errands to do first but I promise I’ll be back bothering you again soon.” T’ryn straightened and stared at his boots a moment before shaking his head with a light laugh of disbelief. “I was only coming in for a pair of boots. If you can talk me into anything, I might have to worry about what your sister can make me do. I guess I’ll find out soon enough.” He smiled as he waved, excusing himself so he could head off for errands and leave Caz to start his work.

Cazan
of Gold Malvayth

Date of Birth
14.02.717, 28
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Brown right
Build
Lean, tomboyish.
Hair
Dark Auburn, Short

Threads

"Being stepped on seems like it could potentially be worse. Not as quick a death as being devoured." Cazan let out a soft chuckle of her own as she shook her head at the thought. "Maybe I'll make Sy something too, try and bribe my way onto his good side. After I'm done with dressing you up of course. Think he'd like a hat? Can dragons even wear hats? I bet I could figure something out... but later. One fun project at a time."

She grinned as she saw him out of her little work room. "I look forward to getting that shirt from you, I've got a really great feeling about this project. And feel free to bother me any time, it was fun." It was that last part that surprised her the most really. It was the most enjoyable work order she'd ever received, not just in its nature, but from the customer himself. The fact that it was a big order was an added bonus. Even if it wasn't her most profitable order, and frankly she'd be surprised if she came out ahead at all on it, it would be an excellent bit of advertisement.

Cazan cracked her knuckles and set her notes and a nice side of tanned garment leather onto the workbench. She had a lot of work to do if she was going to get all of this ready in time for the party. That she was attending as her self. Could be worse, she thought. At least she had good work in the meantime.

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)