World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 04.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

Between Jobs [J'ver]

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Archived
How humiliating.

S'kef opened his eyes and looked around the room as best he could without actually turning his head. He wasn't incapable of moving his neck, but he sure as shards didn't want to. His entire body was sore. His muscles cramped and groaned at the slightest movement, and his constant fever condemned him to lay in cold sweat. It took several moments for his head to clear and for him to even remember where he was.

The infirmary. He'd been deathly ill for over a sevenday now. What started as innocent symptoms had spiraled into something not only serious, but unknown. The healers simply didn't know what was wrong with him. Rumors of his impending death had reached Tyrrisath, who passed them along with grim frustration, but still a measure of confidence.

Someone like S'kef didn't die from something stupid like sickness. Tyrrisath knew that. He would laugh at the Weyr when they learned that as well. Until then, the brown lay quietly outside, body pressed against the exterior wall. He hadn't moved in quite some time, daring to leave even for food only while his bonded slept.

S'kef appreciated the dragon's quiet devotion. What he didn't appreciate was his lack of pain medicine. He grunted and slowly started to sit up, an ability he'd reclaimed only the previous day. The good news was the healers had finally cleared him to receive visitors. S'kef didn't imagine he actually would receive any, but it was still a good sign.

You may be surprised Tyrrisath offered distantly.

S'kef blinked a time or two. What does that mean? he inquired. He was in no mood to put up with mystery.

You WILL have a guest Tyrrisath clarified, unwilling to contest S'kef's demands when he was in such a state. Tyrrisath would rarely oppose his bonded anyhow, but at the moment he was particularly protective and compliant. S'kef was weak and ill, and whether either of them wanted to admit it, Tyrrisath knew he was worried.

S'kef knew he was worried too, but he sure wasn't going to let that thought drift to the surface. He wouldn't tolerate Tyrrisath bringing it up, either. They would stand strong together.

And so S'kef distracted himself with thoughts of this 'visitor'. The Weyrleader, surely...come to complain about the resignation letter. A resignation letter S'kef had been reluctant to compose.

It was a setback, though. S'kef had every intention of reclaiming his position one day. Right now, though, living was more important.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

J'ver
of Green Rilaleeyth

Date of Birth
14.07.688, 56
Height
5'9
Eyes
Pale Blue
Build
Slender
Hair
Dark brown, short

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
The healers said it was okay to visit now. Why haven’t we left to see him?Rilaleeyth’s concern over the dawdling of her rider was easily noted in her soft voice as she finally stopped fidgeting outside long enough to peer in through the window of the hut. J’ver sat inside on one of the comfortable chairs in his living room, sipping on his hot drink and looking not the least bit concerned about leaving S’kef alone in the Healing Hall. She supposed she was worried enough for them both. Tyrrisath would be so disappointed if they didn’t go see his bonded while S’kef would be angry.

“Everything will be fine, pet,” J’ver saw no reason to raise their stress levels or even their heartbeats over such a miniscule issue. The past sevenday had seen some worrying and disgust at S’kef’s weakness but the day healers granted permission for visitors needed only patience and a calm attitude. There wasn’t a need to scamper over to his side like a loyal pup. Taking his time showed how unconcerned he was with everything. They would meet that day, however, and S’kef would be reminded of his assets and worth.

Upon finally finishing his drink, the mug was set in the kitchen to be cleaned later and J’ver went to fix his hair and assured himself his appearance was, as always, immaculate. Once he was satisfied, the small basket of fresh fruits he had procured from the kitchens that morning was scooped up and J’ver headed outside. The relief and anxiousness to check on the brown pair that Rilaleeyth displayed annoyed J’ver but he said nothing as they took off for the Healing Hall in a leisurely flight.

When they touched down, Rilaleeyth dropped J’ver off at the entrance and then made her way around the building until she came upon the brown dragon dutifully watching over his rider. She had deep admiration the male. Hello, Tyrrisath. How is Yours doing today?

J’ver waltzed in through the front entrance as if he owned the place and simply stated he was there to see the Weyrsecond and someone to show him to the room would be most appreciated. A cranky older woman finally obliged, attempting to lecture him about proper behaviour around the healing and to not overtax S’kef. Once they reached the room, J’ver dismissed the woman with a wave of his hand and promptly closed the door in her face once he had slipped inside. “I’ve been telling everyone this wouldn’t kill you,” J’ver remarked, getting his first look of the man in over a sevenday. While he had worried on and off for his easy ticket into power dying on him, the greenrider had spent his time wisely as well by dismissing rumours of the Weyrsecond’s demise by saying S’kef could overcome any ailment and to say otherwise was the loser’s bet.

“You have looked better though.” It was almost depressing to see such a fine example of masculinity looking so worn out and clearly ravaged by something. With a barely suppressed sigh, J’ver moved across the room, leaving the little basket of fruit on the table by the bed. There was no need to explain they were for S’kef as who else would they be for? Certainly not the bumbling staff of this establishment!

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Tyrrisath lifted his head at the sight of his favorite green. He let out a soft rumble, all but lost in the autumn breeze, and rested his head in the grass one more. Tyrrisath was as indifferent and stoic as his rider, but in this case a bit more friendly. Unwell. I am pleased to see you, Rilaleeyth he commented lightly. His weariness was audible in his strained mindvoice. Both body and mind were taxed by his bonded's ordeal.

The brown shifted lightly and fanned his wings a bit, stretching them for the first time in hours. I'm sure he will be happy to see J'ver, as well...

Inside, S'kef opened his eyes reluctantly at the sound of his door opening. Had one of the healers come to tend to him? Not likely, but that better be what he was hearing! The brownrider looked towards the door, but when he laid eyes on J'ver, he had to forcibly restrain an expression of relief.

Only Tyrrisath knew just how happy S'kef was to see his greenrider.

Instead of joy, his face was overtaken by an arrogant smirk. "Bout time you showed up, you tart," he said, resting his head on the pillow and exhaling happily. He'd considered J'ver his own personal property for some time now, since that's what a greenrider amounted to at best. There was some genuine fondness there, though. His most loyal helper? His best friend? Something like that. Something valuable, at any rate.

"Sharding right," S'kef said, his voice catching and quivering for a moment.  Even his voice was being robbed from him by this disease. He made an effort to sit up, ignoring the pain in his muscles as he arranged himself so he could see J'ver. He took care not to display the pain, but his fingers still shook.

He managed a smile for J'ver. "I'll be damned before I let something like this take me out," he said, teeth set in determination. He let out a weak laugh, dismissing it all as a frivolity, like he so often did with hardships. "...I guess I've seen better days, though. Sharding healers say they don't know what it is...sounds like we need to trade em in."

He eyed the fruit. Nice touch

J'ver
of Green Rilaleeyth

Date of Birth
14.07.688, 56
Height
5'9
Eyes
Pale Blue
Build
Slender
Hair
Dark brown, short

Threads

I hear he is improving though, Rilaleeyth commented, trying to keep a cheerful air about her and not show how worried she had been since S’kef fell ill. But how are you doing? You are eating, yes? I could go hunting for you or you can go. J’ver and I will guard S’kef. Tyrrisath was one of her favourite males and a regular flight partner, it hurt to see him suffering as his rider did and she really wanted to help him somehow.

“I’ve been busy,” J’ver replied as if it should have been obvious, his gaze currently not on S’kef as he explored the small room. It was dreadfully boring and depressing. No wonder the brownrider wasn’t recovering; how could anyone find the will to live when they woke up to such a dreary sight each day? “I’ve been ensuring your reputation remains intact and forming a list of those who think they can get away with anything with you indisposed.” He had also been checking out other brown- and bronzeriders for anyone to latch on to should S’kef actually go and die on him. He’d never forgive the bastard if he did that but once it seemed like the man was going to be stubborn and hang on, J’ver decided it was worth the time to invest in keeping S’kef feared with power securely in both of their reaches.

J’ver stopped as he reached the window, glancing out only briefly to see what the view was like and to notice their dragons before turning back to S’kef and stepping closer to the bed. “The healers do seem rather worthless. If the sharding searchriders were going to focus so much on healers, they could have at least done us all the favour of bringing in competent ones.” Even with B’jin’s screw up of bringing in a Master Healer didn’t seem to do them a whole lot of good when the Weyrsecond received such poor care. “They assure me you’re not contagious, though, and I’m inclined to believe that. Both the Weyrleader and I remain in good health and we were around you regularly prior to your stay here.”

If J’ver believed for even one moment that S’kef was contagious, the brownrider would never see him again as the greenrider always looked out for himself first and had no interest in wasting away in agony in an ugly little room. That would quite possibly be the worst way to go!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Tyrrisath opened his eyes and observed Rilaleeyth with distant warmth and a measure of pride. Ever S'kef's bonded, Tyrrisath loved power and respect. He had both when it came to Rilaleeyth, whose devotion and sentiment was always a poinjt of pride for Tyrrisath. It maddened him a bit that she allowed other males to fly her as well, but clever Tyrrisath suspected that was partially J'ver's doing. That was fine, though. The challenge was part of the allure.

At that moment, though, Tyrriasath was genuinely appreciative of her attention.I haven't eaten much he said truthfully, his tone prideful and dismissive, But I have eaten enough. As with his communications with S'kef, his words were amazingly callous and distant. His appreciation instead expressed itself mentally, his gratitude and affection washing over the green in intangible waves rather than manifesting itself by voice. The brown let out a rare croon to reassure her as he slowly rose to his feet. He was certainly looking less glossy. He needed an oiling badly.

I will accept your offer. I'll return soon he promised. With that, he spread his wings and was off.

Inside, S'kef wiped some cold sweat from his forehead and suppressed a groan as yet another wave of cramps ran through him. "...Good to know you aren't getting lazy," he said coarsely. He'd always been hard on J'ver, but in S'kef's estimation, that was fair. After all, J'ver was a fussy little brat. People like him needed a heavy hand to guide them. It was, at least in S'kef's mind, all for J'ver's own good.

Well, and S'kef's. Pet greenriders were no fun if they didn't know their place.

Still, the gesture proved that J'ver was worth having. S'kef didn't exactly doubt the greenrider's loyalty, but he did classify J'ver as a world class opportunist. There were no angels in this partnership.

"The healer they put on my case is one of the girls I picked up last autumn...Breccan." Snide amusement crept into his tone. "She's a piece of work. Needed a little bit of slapping around when I picked her up, but she's been professional about this." Hah, that first conversation had gone well. "...But she has no idea what I have. They've passed a copy of my file to the master healer, but I don't trust that little snot...He's been all but adopted by B'jin."

S'kef's nose wrinkled as he thought of the events on the gather square that day. Talian would get his one day, but more than anything, S'kef wanted another go at B'jin.

It wasn't exactly an obsession...just a hobby. B'jin wasn't like J'ver, though. J'ver was a valued possession that needed upkeep and protection. B'jin was a toy, and a prize made all the sweeter by how difficult it was to obtain.

The brownrider laughed a little bit. "But no...I'm not contagious," he said. He paused, taking a moment to grit his teeth through the tail end of his cramps. He relaxed visibly, a look of relief lightening his features. "...How have you been holding up? Anyone given you any crap?" he asked with one eyebrow raised. S'kef made a point of defending J'ver from anyone who might target him because of their connection.

J'ver
of Green Rilaleeyth

Date of Birth
14.07.688, 56
Height
5'9
Eyes
Pale Blue
Build
Slender
Hair
Dark brown, short

Threads

Rilaleeyth’s delight at Tyrrisath’s display of affection slammed hard into J’ver who grimaced and even shivered under the strength of the positive emotion. His dragon loved being loved and having a strong male in her life, which he couldn’t blame her for the latter as it was nice having someone else around to do manual labour, but she always seemed to get into one of her mood’s when they weren’t needed. J’ver was busy showing his worth and how S’kef lying on his deathbed wasn’t such a big deal. He didn’t need the sappy feelings flowing into him because Rilaleeyth was paid a compliment. Now is not the time for that, darling. Do be a good girl and rein in your emotions.

Satisfied that Rilaleeyth was now behaving, J’ver focused back on S’kef, keen eyes watching the man and every little movement he made. He hadn’t missed the way hands shook before and now he noticed how there seemed to be a war against some spasm caused by the illness in play. He may have been cleared for visitors but J’ver didn’t believe S’kef would be allowed to do much else when sitting up seemed to exhaust him.

“When it comes to your assignments, I put my all into everything, but how can I not when you give me such delightful tasks? Making sure people remember to fear you and not fear for you is the least I can do,” especially since it benefited him as well. In truth, J’ver often wondered if he was the one that should truly be feared and not the brownrider that seemed to have bouts of compassion. Other than S’kef, J’ver couldn’t claim to have any special attachment to anyone and felt no remorse when he blackmailed, bullied, or used someone. It was simply one of the few options left to a greenrider and while most preferred more savoury ways of mixing in with society, J’ver enjoyed his path and he knew he was good at it.

At the mention of the female healer, J’ver made an ugly face and clicked his tongue in annoyance, “you clearly didn’t smack her around hard enough if she’s still dawdling about in finding what’s wrong with you. Perhaps I should sneak North and find a proper healer,” a wicked little grin tugged at his thin lips. He was mostly kidding but it was also a dare for S’kef to show who dominated their relationship. Rilaleeyth’s emotions, while tamed down, were still buzzing in J’ver’s head and he couldn’t help but provoke S’kef, as he usually did, but this time in the hopes of his place in the brownrider’s life still being the same despite the weakened condition being confirmed.

“And no, no one has been giving me crap. I’ve been doing well enough, keeping my head low and collecting information while you’ve been indisposed. I actually have new information on B’jin,” it wasn’t much, but still something to hold over S’kef’s head in the dance for control J’ver sometimes brought out. He was curious to see how sharp the man’s mind was after lazing in bed for so long before moving on to subjects that were more important that some silly little greenrider that didn’t know his place.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

S'kef laughed lightly. "J'ver," he said, his tone a blend of condescension and fondness. "Do you think I want to wind up having to whip you? Be a good boy and don't consider such a thing," he advised, his tone smooth and confident with just a hint of deeper implications. S'kef was rough, both in bed and in general. He had no qualms with admonishing Jver, and in reality he probably wouldn't have any problem whipping him, either. The slight laugh he gave at the end seemed to indicate a brighter mood, but also contained traces of sly warning.

He knew J'ver liked to play games. S'kef wasn't in the mood for games, though. He wiped a bit of sweat from his forehead and sighed. "Don't even start," he warned, shooting a warning glance at J'ver when he mentioned information on B'jin. A wicked smile crossed the brownrider's face. "Out with it, then," he requested with gentle firmness, serene and calm...completely expecting compliance. He was like a king sitting on his throne, waiting expectantly for his subject to kneel.

So nothing out of the ordinary thus far.

Having J'ver close was helping to soothe S'kef's nerves. He felt more himself and less like a helpless patient waiting to die. He'd grown sicker and sicker, but in the process, more and more determined to come out of it swinging. It was good to have J'ver out there working for him. He didn't show it though, choosing to stay cold and comfortably aloof for now. He'd display some affection for the greenrider when he earned it...like by giving out the information like a good boy.

J'ver
of Green Rilaleeyth

Date of Birth
14.07.688, 56
Height
5'9
Eyes
Pale Blue
Build
Slender
Hair
Dark brown, short

Threads

“Would you really whip me, S’kef?” J’ver asked on a low whisper, leaning close to the brownrider with his hands planted on the bed beside the man. “Would you enjoy marring my beautiful skin to such a degree and then further have your way with me in private?” He had been with S’kef long enough to know what the man liked and he knew his own preferences as well. J’ver didn’t mind it rough but that level of pain and injuries only inspired disgust and a determination to never end up his knees… for a lashing. Yet as much as he bent and broke the rules both to carry out S’kef’s whims and for his own personal enjoyment, they both knew he wouldn’t risk the wrath brought on b illegal trips North and kidnapping another Master Healer.

With a smirk and a throaty chuckle accompanying it, J’ver straightened and moved out of reach of the ailing man. Once again the lithe greenrider was roaming around the room, delaying the deliverance of the tidbit of information about the man S’kef had a keen interest in. J’ver wasn’t sure why his fellow greenrider had been targeted so intently though he supposed B’jin’s ability to cause trouble lately as well as his fall from grace with D’ren was reason enough. A dramatic sigh later and J’ver moved across the room to sit delicately in the chair off in the corner of the room, legs crossed in a far too feminine manner. “As you mentioned, he’s still rather close in a fatherly manner with that Talian boy. But more importantly, do you remember the bluerider that was with B’jin when the Weyrleader issued the lashing? He’s the same boy that rushed to B’jin’s rescue after the lashing and whisked him away. It appears they’re still rather intimate and the bluerider, R’nd, has even taken fewer lovers on the side.”

If it was one thing J’ver did fairly well, it was finding someone’s weakness to use against them. Even with his intense hatred of children, J’ver had yet to stoop to the level of threatening a child in order to get someone to cooperate, but a lover? They were always fair game. “Their union will either continue to cause the Weyrleader headaches or R’nd can be used as punishment the next time B’jin sneezes at an inopportune time.”

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

S'kef reached out with one hand, gently brushing it beneath J'ver's chin and letting out a small, distant laugh of his own. "I wouldn't scar you, pet," he said with a sort of sultry, half-sincere assurance.  He wouldn't actually mind a few scars on the greenrider, so long as he put them there himself. They would be a nice brand, if you will. A mark of ownership. Not that he really needed one, but the idea was still distinctly pleasurable in a wistful way, not the sort of thing he ever expected to happen, but a fun thought just the same.

Too tired to hold his hand up for long, S'kef settled for a gentle brushing of his fingers across J'ver's cheek in lieu of hanging on to him. He let go, waiting expectantly as J'ver held on to the information for as long as possible. S'kef tolerated it; J'ver loved to play games, and while S'kef wasn't always amused, he knew to choose his battles. If he indulged the little greenrider in every single one of his games, even S'kef would get tired of it eventually.

Eventually, of course, he got what he wanted. He nodded slowly. 'R'nd, huh?" he asked. He'd heard rumors of the Weyrleader's dragon throwing a minor fit outside of that bluerider's hut some time ago. Had R'nd been giving the Weyrleader trouble already? He and that annoying tart belonging to N'gelt were always into something or another. "We'll have to keep our eyes on them," S'kef said at length, his voice weighed down by fatigue, but no less analytic and sharp-edged than it ever had been.

J'ver
of Green Rilaleeyth

Date of Birth
14.07.688, 56
Height
5'9
Eyes
Pale Blue
Build
Slender
Hair
Dark brown, short

Threads

“Indeed,” J’ver wasn’t sure if that ‘we’ did in fact mean both men currently in the small room or if it was implied that the greenrider would be S’kef’s eyes and ears as always. Either way, he planned on carrying out the order as keeping the brownrider’s favour had many benefits and J’ver was simply curious about what certain people could get up to. “I’ll also take to better watching the failed Candidates for more runaways or rebels and even the Weyrlings since there are a few among them that are already getting into minor incidents with unruly dragonets.” That could turn into quite an issue if the young dragons weren’t controlled early on. They didn’t need rebellious Northern brats with dragons eager to stir trouble.

With that bit of news on B’jin to ensure S’kef’s opinion of him was still high, J’ver felt it was appropriate to bring about another tidbit of information he had found out and wondered about. “I heard you sent in a letter of resignation to the Weyrleader. Was that truly necessary?” Inspired by the gentle touch S’kef had given him minutes before, J’ver left his chair and returned to the bed, making himself at home by sitting on the edge beside the ailing man. He took one of the hands in his own, noting as he did how weak his protector and ticket to a lavish life was. The hand that was held had slapped him with force more than once and wielded a whip beautifully, both ways that showcased his power. J’ver refused to believe he would be speaking in past tense anytime soon as the brownrider was made of sterner stuff than that and if he had to be the one to find a way to heal the man, then he would. “I’ll assume the position will be graciously given back to you once you’re fully recovered?”

An idea hit the crafty greenrider then. Perhaps simple motivation was needed on top of the medicines and stubbornness already in play, “speaking of your recovery… I hope it’s soon. Rilaleeyth is due to fly soon and I’d hate for you to miss that.” He continued to hold S’kef’s hand in his own with the palm up as his free hand danced fingers lightly over the palm and up the arm to elbow and back down, “though perhaps R’nd or one of those other pretty little troublemaking blueriders will join the chase and keep me company in your stead.”

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

S'kef nodded slowly. "I often worry about the northerners," he remarked. He didn't exactly feel bad for them, but he did empathize. If their places were reversed, he would be one of the dissatisfied ones for sure. He considered their situation a necessary sacrifice though, and like anyone else, he expected them to know their place. They needed to fall in line before maturing, otherwise the new generation would be uppity and just might leave the current one out in the cold; he and D'ren had talked extensively about this, the single greatest fear they both shared. There were other concerns, but the two men were very different and tended to concentrate their concerns on different things. That one, though? That one they shared.

S'kef had always kept this fear secret from J'ver, but he knew his pet wasn't stupid. J'ver may or may not have known that it worried S'kef, but he certainly knew it was a very real possibility.

He suppressed the desire to smile when J'ver sat beside him. The greenrider's hand closed around his, and in a display of pride, the brownrider squeezed as tightly as he could. His usual force was lamentably absent, but he put on the strongest showing he could. Just wait, J'ver. I'll return to you in full force soon enough the brownrider said to himself, more for his own benefit than anything else. So far, his only strategy was to tell himself that he was immortal until it happened to come true. Otherwise, he was just wasting away...

"The resignation?" The fever was clearly getting to him. He thought a moment and sighed. "Ah, yes..." he said. He hadn't been happy about writing that letter, but the idea of being a burden to the Weyrleader made him sick at his stomach. "It's for the Weyr's benefit, J'ver..." Was that a hint of depression in his tone? S'kef as vaguley aware of how much he relied on his job to keep himself out of trouble and away from his memories, but it wasn't the sort of thing he would admit to. Without purpose, though, he did feel distinctly empty.

"But it's not a full resignation. I requested leave until I recover," he explained, a bit of the strength returning to his voice as he tried to pump himself up again. It was convincing, or at least he hoped. He'd always had a knack for hiding his emotions, but this little tunnel snake beside him was clever. "Just consider us in between jobs, pet."

The comment about Rilaleeyth's  caused S'kef to raise an eyebrow. "Well, should that happen," he said, voice dropping low once more, "then you will be left wanting, won't you? You honestly think some lesser rider could satisfy you more than me?" He laughed a little bit and slowly, ever so slowly, sat up.

It was amazingly uncomfortable, but he wasn't going to let his stupid body get in the way of what he wanted to do.

J'ver
of Green Rilaleeyth

Date of Birth
14.07.688, 56
Height
5'9
Eyes
Pale Blue
Build
Slender
Hair
Dark brown, short

Threads

In truth, J’ver held a small sliver of concern for the Northerners as well but he didn’t lose sleep over it. He knew there could come a day where all of the angry brats that had been kidnapped Impressed and returned North to tell everyone what had happened to them and the original dragonriders would be completely shunned instead of heralded as heroes. That day, however, was long in coming and many of those kids were already adapting and settling into their new lives. Some even appreciated the fresh chance at a better life. Still, there were a few troublemakers and while they didn’t seem to have a strong impact on their fellows, J’ver would continue to monitor them as he told S’kef he would and would even go so far as to befriend or bed them if the brownrider thought it would help their cause. He wouldn’t enjoy either but J’ver hated disappointing S’kef a lot more and would make the sacrifices.

That was assuming either of them still had jobs to worry about! “You stepping down benefits no one. We both know D’ren talks big but he can’t carry out his orders to harm someone or even hunt down stupid runaway girls having hissy fits.” J’ver’s disgust over the female Candidates in question was written plainly on his face while the fact that he was quite good at throwing tantrums of his own was completely being ignored. “The weyr needs you in that position, S’kef, and whoever tries to replace you is in for a nasty surprise when you return before he has a chance to throw a party celebrating his promotion. I’ll make sure of that.” J’ver would go out of his way to make the replacement miserable and dig up any dirt to blackmail the man into stepping down or, depending on who it was, possibly using the information to latch onto him. Of course he’d wave it off as simply being an inside man for S’kef should the brownrider he still held the hand of return to full strength and reclaim what was his and even the greenrider knew deep down that he also belonged to S’kef no matter how hard he tried to play at being independent.

“Now, now, darling. You know exactly what it takes to satisfy me but are you really up to that task in your current condition? One of those lowly scrawny blues could no doubt work me over far better than you if she rose right this moment.” J’ver didn’t miss the strain sitting up caused on S’kef and had no doubt that anything that required more physical exertion would only slow his recovery. Then again, J’ver believed he was quite good in bed and perhaps a quickie would help rejuvenate S’kef …and himself. It had felt like an eternity had already passed since being in bed with the brownrider. Curse the man for falling sick!

Still, he teased the horrible man anyway with his free hand drawing fingers gently down S’kef’s chest as he spoke deliberately soft and slow, “So, master, I suggest you work on getting better so you can reclaim your job… and me.”

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

S'kef smiled, softly but confident despite his weakness, and squeezed J'ver's hand. "D'ren won't replace me," he said firmly, confident in that fact and in no mood to argue with his greenrider over it. "Don't worry your pretty face.  I requested leave for the benefit of the Weyr....D'ren needs someone to help him."

Heh, D'ren. S'kef genuinely respected the man, but he was awfully easy to dance around. He was trusting to a fault and knew nothing about S'kef's past. If D'ren ever learned what S'kef had done back at Telgar, well...that would be that.

Good thing no one knew except B'jin.  Not even J'ver knew! S'kef trusted J'ver not to squander the knowledge, but that was the problem. What if the pair's relationship ever went south? S'kef wasn't willing to pass an ace like that to J'ver, not when it could just reappear late game and send him packing.

No one knew, and it was going to stay that way.

"So don't worry," S'kef repeated, voice deepening and eyes widening subtly as those gentle hands ran down his chest. Faranth, how thew brownrider wished to be well! How he wished to feel J'ver's flesh against his again! It would have to wait, though. The calculating man knew that it would only strain him. Perhaps some deep part of him was also concerned about J'ver as well, but that too would remain a secret.

"And as for your green," S'kef said, pulling J'ver's hand to his lips and delicately kissing the top, "I'll be well soon enough. You'd best keep out of trouble," he said. He didn't need to talk about his resignation any more. J'ver was going to accept the answer and like it! And while S'kef had no idea about the greenrider's plans to 'treat' his potential replacement, he wouldn't have been surprised. No, he would have been pleased.

But he knew J'ver. He knew him well enough not to waste his breath on the order.

"Help me lie back down," he ordered after a moment.

J'ver
of Green Rilaleeyth

Date of Birth
14.07.688, 56
Height
5'9
Eyes
Pale Blue
Build
Slender
Hair
Dark brown, short

Threads

Personally, J’ver was beginning to think D’ren needed someone to help him step down. The man didn’t seem to have the backbone to properly stand by his decrees or punish the troublemakers on his own. Let a brownrider run the weyr. While the idea of S’kef bedding Tsuen made his skin crawl, seeing his brownrider in that position of power sent a shiver of excitement down his spine. If only they could make that happen! There weren’t many bronzes left and with the new gold slowly working her way toward maturity, there was ample opportunity to work with. That was something to mull over on his own time before presenting the idea to S’kef. He did like to have enough information to tantalize with first so the conversation of their current state of employment was dropped. It was easy enough to tell S’kef’s word on the matter was to be the last and he wouldn’t tolerate anything else.

J’ver easily slipped into the far more enjoyable topic of teasing the ailing man. His roaming hand dopped to S’kef’s thigh where it brushed along the top before dipping to the inner thigh to come dangerously close to the man’s groin before sliding back the way it came. It would be so easy to remind S’kef of all the benefits in keeping him around and why it was of the utmost importance to heal but J’ver knew, despite his own need for even the briefest moment of an erotic touch, overtaxing the brownrider so early in his recovery helped neither of them for the long run. “I will simply have to endure and put up with a whiny blue this time but I expect Tyrrisath leading the pack for the next.”

A wicked smile crept into place at the order to stay out of trouble and J’ver tsked at his superior. “Staying out of trouble is never fun, my darling, S’kef, but until I see you standing proudly beside D’ren once more and leaving the weyr cowering in fear, I’ll keep out of sight.” He wasn’t foolish; without his protector, one step out of line could cause serious issues for the betterment of his future and J’ver was all about living comfortably.

Icy blue eyes dropped to the kiss being placed on his hand and for a moment J’ver forgot the tenderness was likely linked to a game to keep him submissive as he gave a weak smile. Moments like this always left the lines blurred as to who was playing who and what emotions were real but J’ver couldn’t think of a negative to them and always simply enjoyed and let his attitude tone down to something more agreeable. “If you only give me the word, I will track down the best Healer in the North for you. He’d never have to know it was a weyr and could be left to think it was a fevered dream of his own if I returned him.” J’ver spoke in soft tones as he fell into the loyal servant role and eagerly assisted S’kef in the task of lying back down. It was something a grown man shouldn’t have to ask for help with but there were always exceptions and even the greenrider that sneered at weaknesses laid no blame upon the man this time.

Adjusting the pillow and smoothing out the sheets, J’ver frowned at S’kef looking so vulnerable in bed. “You will get better, S’kef, and I’ll make sure no one forgets how invincible and powerful you are.” Even with his mind plotting out other potential candidates that could rise to power, J’ver still refused to believe his turns of hard work in cultivating a relationship with S’kef were close to ending. They were both too stubborn and determined to let being bed-ridden slow them down from reaching their goals.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

S'kef wasn't sure who was playing who, either. He never really was.

"Thank you," he groaned as he sank back into his bedsheets. His fevered body ached and throbbed, but overall he felt better. He was certain it had to do with just lying back down, but a deeply buried part of him wanted to also attribute it to J'ver's presence. Every healer in this damn place had done a half-ass job as if they hoped the surly brownrider would die! Not J'ver, though. Even a man like S'kef had to admit that it was nice to see a concerned face once in a while, no matter how suspicious it's motives may have been. S'kef has, in spite of it all, glad to have the company.

"I know you would," he said with a lengthy sigh. "But don't worry. I'm going to be just fine, you hear me?" He sounded confident, and for the most part he was. He knew most of this would boil down to willpower. If the healers couldn't fix him, he'd just have to be strong. He'd done it before, right?

Right?

He sighed once more and let himself relax. He'd started to sweat again. "Thank you for visiting me," he said, allowing just a flickering of tenderness into his voice. If asked, he'd blame it on the fever. Or maybe the fever was causing it to begin with? Tyrrisath stood by in his mind, prepared to prefer whichever option S'kef needed him to. The dragon's support was as valuable as ever. S'kef looked back up at J'ver and managed a weak but still somehow insufferable smile.

"I know you'll do right by me. You always have and always will," he commented. He yawned and pulled his sheet up, cold even though his body was drenched in sweat and his skin was warm to the touch. He realized all at once just how sleepy he was. "...Get out of here. Go get some rest yourself. And thanks for the fruit."

He couldn't really spare any more passion than he'd already let slip, so he dismissed his greenrider as coarsely as he'd greeted him, though J'ver surely knew better by this point.

J'ver
of Green Rilaleeyth

Date of Birth
14.07.688, 56
Height
5'9
Eyes
Pale Blue
Build
Slender
Hair
Dark brown, short

Threads

“I hear you,” J’ver acknowledged he heard the conviction in S’kef’s voice but he held off on commenting about the fragile physical state of the man. It was hard to believe he truly would be fine and once more in his prime like he had been not too long ago. Still, J’ver would do his best to convince himself all would be fine and they weren’t going to be out of their position of power for long and the brownrider would be back to bossing him around as they secretly ruled the unruly, leaving D’ren to believe his precious weyr was under control and full of smiles.

It was always odd when S’kef showed even the barest hint of sincere tenderness and being thanked for visiting and bringing a gift of fruit wasn’t necessarily the oddest moment but it still earned a place on the list. “Of course I would visit you,” it wouldn’t do to ignore what he had invested so much in, “and as you say, I will continue to do right by you. It’s only a natural reaction of your greenrider, no?” J’ver knew when to suck up and it wouldn’t hurt to add in a little extra to part on for good measure.

Before leaving the bedside, J’ver busied himself with the fruit basket, moving it closer to the edge of the table so S’kef could reach it easier. If nothing else, perhaps his brownrider could use the fruit as projectiles against stupid little twits who liked to play at being Healer but were just whiny girls seeking attention. It would be the kindest of punishments in J’ver’s estimation. With a nod of approval at his work, J’ver moved to the door and stopped with his hand on the knob but didn’t open it just yet. “Sweetest of dreams and speediest of recoveries, master.” J’ver glanced over his shoulder, blue eyes normally cold and calculating now soft and burning bright with the desire he felt for the man that kept him safe and got him off perfectly.

You can’t leave yet! Rilaleeyth’s sweet voice was coated with panic as J’ver slipped into the hall with the door closing behind him. His confusion was obvious as was his annoyance at the green yelling such an order to him without reason. I promised Tyrrisath that we would watch over his bonded while he takes a needed break to eat properly. The explanation was quickly added on though she spoke in hushed tones now.

Your loyalty is admirable, pet. Very well, I’ll stay guard at the door for a bit until he returns. It wouldn’t hurt to eavesdrop in on S’kef anyway. The man may have been holding back during the visit and now would be a good time to listen for any coughing or retching caused from too much excitement, as minimal as it was. Given the promise his dragon had made and how they were upholding it, lingering outside while S’kef returned to sleep would show Tyrrisath of their loyalty and honour toward promises made to the brown pair. Indeed, that would further elevate their status and lessen suspicions on him when he started checking out the potential Weyrsecond hopefuls.

Yes, very well done, Rilaleeyth. You’re my clever girl.

Activity
Reading: 2 Guest(s)