World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [C] 740.09.08 | Part of the Routine
2pm | B'kit, L'gan

N'noa
of Blue Atranth

Date of Birth
29.09.715, 29
Height
6'0
Eyes
Hazel
Build
Fit
Hair
Brown, curly

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
Narinoa hummed as he made his way back to the weyrlings after having some lunch followed by an apple for dessert to help offset all of the cookies C’dhin kept bringing everyone. That man was far too good at his craft and Narinoa worried he was eating way too many sweets lately. He knew some of the others he saw daily were putting on a little weight already and it had only been a month. When he saw that happening, his own fitness routine was increased—with his favourite physical activity of sex getting the biggest boost in time.

He’d had the morning off, free to sleep in or help out somewhere else if he desired, but he’d been rostered with his Healer buddy to hang out with the weyrlings for the afternoon. Even a month into the routine of helping out, Narinoa didn’t regret badgering the Masterhealer, the Weyrleader, and the Weyrlingmaster despite the early days having some scares. He felt useful again, something that had been lacking since being Searched. The fact that he hadn’t Impressed yet weighed on his mind regularly, making him feel even more useless. Searched for a dragon and he couldn’t even do that. At least now his training had purpose and he’d been paired up with a Healer that not only knew his craft but was easy to be around and easy on the eyes.

He let himself into the weyr, greeting those milling about and checking in on the status of the class. Nothing exciting—a good thing—happened in his time away from the group and Narinoa didn’t expect anything to while he was there either. From his beastcrafting standpoint, all three dragons were progressing nicely. Some a little slower than others in varying areas but nothing he would have been too concerned about if they had been a horse at the farm. He was confident they would all live, but their size, strength, and agility would all be put to the test in the coming months. But currently, he was pleased.

L’gan didn’t seem to be there yet, a shock to be honest. Narinoa was convinced the greenrider lived there with how he always seemed to be there first. He was likely on his way and while he knew he had to wait for any official examinations as per the rules set out for him, Narinoa felt informal chats were perfectly fine. He felt bad for the humans being cooped up so regularly, though they were allowed to have visitors and venture outside now. But even he felt cut off from the world when he was in that weyr so he could only imagine what it was like to actually be the ones living in it.

Madiquel and Zezeth were out, likely with her scary beast of a father and one of the Assistants since one was missing from their usual post. A peek in on Sh’ran showed the blue pair napping, which Narinoa was pleased with. They were all getting better at trusting their dragon would survive a nap and managed to find sleep a lot easier now. Also, Dyoricath was loud and temperamental. Narinoa wasn’t ready to face that dragon just yet that day.

So when he saw B’kit and Erebuth lounging around their room, Narinoa slipped inside with a smile. “How’s my favourite little blue dragon? You’re looking good, Erebuth. Recently oiled?” He found himself always greeting the dragons first and knew that was a carryover from life on a farm and having horses as his patients. It certainly wasn’t due to preferring animals to humans as he enjoyed their company a bit more closely than that of the animals!

“Heya, B’kit. You’re stuck with me and L’gan again for the rest of the day,” he teased as he flopped down onto a chair. “Well, you will be once my buddy gets here. For now, you’re blessed with only my presence. So, what’s new? And why don’t you have company? I swear Mylorah is as bad as L’gan with trying to live here herself. Some of the others are getting up there as well, but social interactions are good for the dragons so I’m all for it.”

PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

B'kit
of Blue Erebuth

Date of Birth
12.12.721 AL, 23
Height
5'11"
Eyes
Dark brown, trusting, and frequently lit up with laughter.
Build
Trim
Hair
Brunette and wavy when long, worn loose around his face. The bangs tend to flop into his eyes and he swears he’ll cut it all off when he Impresses or the next time he’s hungover.

Threads

Written By: ValGal9
B’kit looked up from his notebook with a smile, finishing his thought while the apprentice turned candidate greeted his blue. Erebuth ducked his head under his wing shyly at the compliment, though a small pleased hum escaped him at the reminder of his recent oiling. When Nerinoa’s attention turned to--and remained on--B’kit, he resettled his wings and went back to chewing on the hide toy Eb’zer had introduced him to. He’d gone through several in the past month. Though they didn’t seem to have helped decrease the frequency of his eating they at least gave him something to do besides get in trouble.

Dyoricath had instigated a “game” the other night, convincing Erebuth to steal the clothes or sheets from the bottom drawer of everyone’s rooms and piling them up as a bed. Erebuth said the blue told him they’d be more comfortable, and he was right, so why was B’kit upset? Reluctantly, Kitt had resigned one of his shirts and an old blanket for Erebuth after the blue promised not to make such a mess again; the laundry had taken ages to sort again and he’d ended up with holes in his favorite socks. Afterwards, B’kit made sure to have several toys around to distract him so he wouldn’t tempt fate again.

“Hey Noa. I’m sure there’s worse folks to be stuck with; I’ll let you know if I think of any,” he teased back, his barely straight face cracking into a grin. “I kicked everyone out,” he admitted, adding, “Erebuth wanted some quiet, and I figured I could use the time to work on a project. Before you ask, it’s a surprise for a friend for their birthday. Or maybe Turn’s End if I can’t finish it in time.” He set the notebook aside a little reluctantly, feeling it would be rude to continue since he had company again. “How about you? How are you handling suddenly being thrown back into your craft alongside candidacy? When do you sleep?”

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

N'noa
of Blue Atranth

Date of Birth
29.09.715, 29
Height
6'0
Eyes
Hazel
Build
Fit
Hair
Brown, curly

Threads

"Really, damn. Sorry, I won't pester you for long then. I know what it's like to be in the groove and getting interrupted." Narinoa wasn't really the creative type so he didn't know much about being interrupted while trying to draw or write but he did find it annoying when he was studying back at the Hall or even just tending to a horse quietly on his own. Sometimes the company of an animal really was preferred he realised, though he'd never entirely shun that of humans.

"Practicing again is great, honestly. I wish they were for better circumstances but I really have missed this." He missed it enough to consider following in L'gan's steps and bug the shit out of Verec and anyone else that would listen to get him in on further studying the information collected from the...specimens. That probably would have sounded cold to most people, especially the newly Impressed weyrlings, but it made him feel a bit better about the whole ordeal. Professional detachment had its perks and thinking of the donations as specimens and not as dead baby dragons really helped him cope with it all. He had enough shit wrong with him that gave him nightmares that he didn't need to add to it.

"Hey, Erebuth? Will you let me check your teeth today when L'gan gets here? Eb'zer was a genius for getting you that toy and I want to see how strong your teeth are becoming." Of course he'd lose his baby teeth when he started reaching his adult size but Narinoa wanted to ensure the little guy had strong teeth to help get him to that growth spurt. It wouldn't do to live off of puree while hoping for stronger adult teeth, not to mention the jaw would be weak from a lack of resistance found from eating tough meat.

B'kit
of Blue Erebuth

Date of Birth
12.12.721 AL, 23
Height
5'11"
Eyes
Build
Trim
Hair
Brunette and wavy when long, worn loose around his face. The bangs tend to flop into his eyes and he swears he’ll cut it all off when he Impresses or the next time he’s hungover.

Threads

“No, it’s fine. I knew someone would be coming this afternoon, so I wanted some quiet in the morning. Well, as quiet as a weyrling dorm can be,” he added with a laugh. They had started to figure out how to stop Dyoricath from shrieking; unfortunately for Misha it meant limited physical contact. B’kit thought if he had to put up with that much longer Misha might explode.

He gave him a small smile, noticing how Narinoa lit up when talking about getting back into his craft. They had talked a little together about it before the touching and the hatching, though he wouldn’t say they’d known each other well. So it was nice to get to know more about him.

Erebuth startled at being pulled back into the conversation, looking over at B’kit. With an internal sigh, Kitt answered for him. “I’m sure that would be fine. You know Noa is always gentle with you,” he added for Erebuth’s benefit.

L'gan
of Green Semath

Date of Birth
03.01.712, 33
Height
5'9
Eyes
Stormy grey
Build
Slight
Hair
Dark brown, curly

Threads

Landing and quickly dismounting, L’gan got one of the assistants to help remove Semath’s harness. He washed his hands quickly to get rid of any flying dust or other contaminants, then went to find his partner and their first patient. He heard B’kit and Narinoa talking, and headed to to Erebuth’s room. “Sorry I’m a little late,” L’gan apologized, slipping into the room and setting his kit down. “Semath stopped to chat with the watch dragon and we lost track of time.”

“How are we doing today,” he asked, pulling out his notebook. “Your hide looks good, Erebuth. Any tight spots?” He took notes while B’kit gave him an update, pleased by the improvements, though like Eb’zer he would have preferred Erebuth to be eating larger meals and not quite as often. Still, his color was good, and he was eating.

“Alright, Erebuth, you know the drill. Let’s take a walk out to the ledge for some better light.” L’gan smiled as the little blue grumbled at the interruption and attention, then looked to his rider before abandoning the chew toy and standing. The walk was as much to observe his balance and coordination as it was for the light, and the healer kept a close eye on the weyrling as he and B’kit walked toward the ledge. The pair greeted Semath and her eyes whirled happily, touching noses with Erebuth briefly but not interfering with his walking. The green was pleased to see the progress the dragonets were making, especially given their rough start.

N'noa
of Blue Atranth

Date of Birth
29.09.715, 29
Height
6'0
Eyes
Hazel
Build
Fit
Hair
Brown, curly

Threads

Narinoa was in the middle of telling the young blue pair a story from his days in the Hall when L’gan blew in like a dust devil. That was one of his favourite comparisons for the greenrider, having seen them from time to time in their open fields when growing up. They were strong whirlwinds of activity that came and went fairly quickly and were mostly harmless. L’gan could be the same way when he was focused on a task. Coming in, doing his thing, and moving on to the next target before you sometimes knew what happened. It was why he sometimes called the Healer Dusty, though he hadn’t explained the reason for it.

Today was a bit different than usual though. L’gan seemed a bit more focused and brusque; all business. Narinoa frowned as he hung back, letting the Healer do his prelims and followed the group outside, almost without a word. He finally grabbed L’gan’s arm to stop him when Semath greeted Erebuth. “Everything okay, man? You seem a bit off today.” His concern was on his face as much as it was in his quietly asked words. He was probably just reading too much into what was probably just the organized man being a bit frazzled at running late but Narinoa didn’t want to risk it. For one thing, they were partners with shared patients and if one of them was off their game, it might injure the dragons. But after a month together, he could honestly say he liked the greenrider and counted him as a friend.

“Everything good with Sariel? The Hall?” A glance was given to B’kit and Erebuth, making sure they were okay but also so they wouldn’t hear what he said next in a lower and far more suggestive tone, “need me to work some tension out of you later?” He actually was good at giving deep and hard massages but he was also good at giving other things deep and hard, which L’gan knew as well.

L'gan
of Green Semath

Date of Birth
03.01.712, 33
Height
5'9
Eyes
Stormy grey
Build
Slight
Hair
Dark brown, curly

Threads

He was startled by the question, glancing down at the hand on his arm. “What? Uh, no, everything’s fine.” L’gan smiled reassuringly, adding, “things with Sariel are great, actually.”

The smile warmed further at the surprising suggestion. Well—that was an interesting development. And not at all unwelcome. But he was all too aware of where they were, and carefully pushed back any further thoughts along that line. “We’ll see,” he replied enigmatically. “Besides,” his voice lowered as well, “work before leisure, Narinoa. What /are/ they teaching in this Weyr?” He teased.

“For now, mind giving me a hand checking Erebuth’s joints?” The two worked together to manipulate the blue’s legs and wing joints, checking for any pain or changes to his range of motion. Aside from a couple grumbles when things were stretched further than he liked, Erebuth was a pretty easygoing patient.

N'noa
of Blue Atranth

Date of Birth
29.09.715, 29
Height
6'0
Eyes
Hazel
Build
Fit
Hair
Brown, curly

Threads

"I believe you were also a student of this Weyr," Narinoa replied back with a slight grin. L'gan couldn't tease a single thing about what he got up to or Ista itself when the greenrider had spent his weyrlinghood among them. But helmet the subject drop without pushing for a more concrete answer since his proposition was out there and he'd learned that everything was well in L'gan's life.

Erebuth was such a sweet boy. Narinoa loved working with him but also hated it since he knew they had to put him in uncomfortable positions at times but he didn't fuss too much so that helped. Even better, Narinoa got a good look at the blue's teeth and gums and liked what he saw. There wasn't too much improvement from the last check but there wasn't anything worse either which was what he was happier to see.

"I think we can safely say Erebuth is looking good. The higher ups think we can start coming less frequently starting tomorrow if everyone's exams go well today. Probably every two or three days you'll have to put up with this, kiddo." Narinoa smiled and gave Erebuth an affectionate pat on the head. It was going to be weird not coming quite as much but he couldn't really get mad at the order since it meant his patients were healing. Still, the whole journey had sparked a joy in him he hadn't felt for a while.

As much as he would have liked to hang out in the sun with B'kit and Erebuth, calling it an observation, Narinoa knew they should finish doing full checks on the other two before casually floating around and being a pest to the weyrlings. With a bit of a sigh, he addressed B'kit first, "guess we should let you get back to your writing. I don't think we'll need to pop in on you too much for the rest of the afternoon."

Then he turned to L'gan and made a face that showed how excited he was to say, "we might as well get Dyoricath over with." That blue was almost the complete opposite of Erebuth in temperament. It probably didn't help that he'd slept with Sh'ran a time or two in the past either so that whole possessive thing Dyoricath had going on was tenfold when Narinoa was around.

B'kit
of Blue Erebuth

Date of Birth
12.12.721 AL, 23
Height
5'11"
Eyes
Build
Trim
Hair

Threads

The weyrling pair completely missed the exchange, focused on greeting Semath. The green was such a sweetheart, letting L’gan use her to demonstrate tests for the weyrlings to show them there wasn’t anything scary or painful. The tests they’d run through today didn’t require that, so instead she was enjoying a particularly sunny patch of the ledge.

B’kit was pulled out of his daydream state by Narinoa’s comment. “That’s great news—maybe that means we’ll start proper lessons soon too,” he said with a smile. It would be nice to feel a bit more like a normal weyrling class, and if the healers and everyone else thought they were truly starting to get stronger, so much the better! “That should give you both back a ton of time.”

Erebuth was slightly startled by the pat on the head, but didn’t fuss. He was getting used to displays of affection from people other than B’kit. You’ll still visit? he asked in a low voice, then made a show of studiously examining his claws like he hadn’t asked anything, embarrassed. “Of course they will, silly. As long as Dyoricath doesn’t scare them off,” Kitt teased, seeing Misha’s door open.

Sh'ran
of Blue Dyoricath

Date of Birth
19.01.717, 28
Height
6'1"
Eyes
Dark hazel
Build
Pretty boy
Hair
Ashy blonde hair that is almost always straight. He used to keep it a bit longer, but clips it shorter after moving to the Weyr.

Threads

Written By: Zandelion
Misha woke to the grumbly stormcloud on the edge of his consciousness that was Dyoricath. Blinking his eyes open slowly revealed Dyoricath sitting at the edge of his bed and glowering at the door. Or, more accurately, glowering at something going on beyond it. Sh’ran could hear muffled voices from outside the room but wasn’t quite awake enough to properly identify them or process what was being said.

Check up, Dyoricath said morosely. Ah. The young blue wasn’t particularly fond of people who weren’t Sh’ran touching him, and he didn’t particularly like any of the people who did the checking. Not that Dyoricath liked many - any - other people in general, but he seemed to particularly dislike the people who were intent on getting in his space constantly.

“Who do we get today?” Sh’ran asked, sitting up and starting to get up off the bed. He hadn’t meant to fall asleep in the first place, so wasn’t even under a blanket or anything. Dyoricath sent him mental images of Narinoa and L’gan, along with waves of distaste. His dragonet seemed set on not using people’s names if he could help it (which was most of the time), though he especially disliked using people’s names if he disliked them. Which, unfortunately, seemed to be most people. It didn’t take long for Sh’ran to start picking up the patterns in who his dragon liked least - anyone Sh’ran had an emotional attachment to. Considering Sh’ran easily made friends and loved people openly, that was… a lot of people. And of course meant that the more Misha wanted to spend time with a person, the more opposed to it Dyoricath was. Dyoricath seemed to particularly dislike anyone Sh’ran had ever had sex with, which again was a lot of people. A lot. Several of whom they saw a lot. They fucking lived with B’kit after all, and Narinoa was there all the time to check on the dragonets, and it’s not like Sh’ran was going to keep C’dhin or Kordiavis from visiting - even if he’d learned better than to try touching either of them, which sucked massively. No, Dyoricath was just going to have to learn to deal with interacting with people his rider had slept with. Hopefully. Or Sh’ran was going to have to get used to never getting laid again but he really, really hoped that would not be the case and after a few months Dyo would realize that he occupied a very special place in Misha’s heart and life that no one else could ever take. Sooner rather than later would be nice.

“All right, let’s get this over with,” Sh’ran sighed, giving Dyoricath a reassuring scratch on the eye ridge before opening the door to the rest of the world. The dragonet grumbled and follwed behind him. Misha stepped out of the room just in time to hear B’kit’s comment to Erebuth.

“Don’t go giving him any ideas,” he mock scolded, knowing that Dyoricath would have happily scared everyone else off if it hadn’t been made very clear to him by the Weyrlingmaster’s dragon that these people were necessary for his and his rider’s well being and they had to be put up with. Didn’t stop Dyoricath complaining or screeching if he felt someone was taking undue liberties. “Good morning, by the way. Wait, no,” Misha squinted out towards the sun where he could see it off the ledge, “it’s afternoon, isn’t it?” Time had no meaning anymore with sickly, baby dragons, though they were all actually starting to sleep through the night and Sh’ran had almost been having a proper sleep schedule again. Almost.

N'noa
of Blue Atranth

Date of Birth
29.09.715, 29
Height
6'0
Eyes
Hazel
Build
Fit
Hair
Brown, curly

Threads

Narinoa crouched down to be more on Erebuth’s level though he kept his hands to himself this time as the dragon did his shy routine. It was so dang cute that it was hard not to wrap his arms around the tiny blue and hug him forever but he managed to hold himself back. “Like B’kit said, we’ll still pop in, and I’ll even come purely for social calls if you want me to.”

At hearing Sh’ran come out, Narinoa’s smile faltered as he waited for Dyoricath to add his opinion on the subject and slowly turned to face the other blue pair when it didn’t come. “It is afternoon but it seems like it might be morning for some of us.” His smile returned as he greeted Sh’ran but he made it as innocent as possible and tried to sound like he wasn’t flirting—which was hard to do. He was very much like Sh’ran in that regard where flirting was second nature and just seemed to happen.

“Would you like your exam out in the sun as well, Dyoricath?” He wasn’t expecting an answer, knowing he was only ever spoken to in a loud shriek when the dragon didn’t like something being done during the exam but it never stopped Narinoa from trying. Or, honestly, it was more out of a habit to talk to his patient since his old ones in the form of horses never replied back. It was a bit odd at times having the dragons reply to his idle chit chat but it was nice as well. It really was pushing him toward the idea of trying to get in on the resurrection of the art of dragon healing.

L'gan
of Green Semath

Date of Birth
03.01.712, 33
Height
5'9
Eyes
Stormy grey
Build
Slight
Hair
Dark brown, curly

Threads

L’gan smiled at Erebuth’s desperate question and feigned nonchalance. “Of course we will visit if you want. Semath would be upset with me if I tried to keep her away,” he teased lightly. The tiny blue had become bolder since the Hatching, though he was still the shyest of the three dragonets. Dyoricath on the other hand… Sh’ran’s blue was a tricky patient, running hot and cold at a moment’s notice.

“Good afternoon, Dyoricath. Sh’ran. How are you both today?” The greenrider smiled warmly at the pair. The blue didn’t seem to mind him quite as much as he minded Narinoa, probably because L’gan and Sh’ran hadn’t been involved in any form. He still wasn’t a favorite by any stretch, simply due to being one of the poking and prodding Healers, but he risked fewer ear-splitting screeches just from entering a room.

“It’s a lovely day and we won’t keep you long. Promise.” Semath trilled a greeting as well. Hello, Dyoricath. The sun is quite nice for napping in once they're finished. The green stretched luxuriously.

Sh'ran
of Blue Dyoricath

Date of Birth
19.01.717, 28
Height
6'1"
Eyes
Dark hazel
Build
Pretty boy
Hair
Ashy blonde hair that is almost always straight. He used to keep it a bit longer, but clips it shorter after moving to the Weyr.

Threads

Sh’ran shot Narinoa a quick smile, just enough to acknowledge the greeting - he wasn’t awake enough yet to deal with Dyo taking offense to his rider accidentally flirting with people. Not flirting in response to literally everything was terribly hard. Sh’ran felt like he had to bite back over half of the snarky comments he’d usually make. It probably made him come across so boring, too. Utterly tragic. But Dyoricath was still a baby, and he was having a little trouble reassuring himself Misha flirting wouldn’t ever threaten his bond with his rider. Sh’ran would be able to remind everyone how clever and witty he was soon enough. He hoped.

“Oh, you know, the usual. We were asleep, now we’re awake, very exciting.” Sh’ran shrugged, not really sure what else he’d gotten up to since he’d spoken to the Healer-greenrider last. Feed Dyoricath, bathe Dyoricath, oil Dyoricath, fall asleep watching Dyoricath… All very thrilling to hear about, he knew. They were supposed to be starting lessons proper soon, so Sh’ran hoped that would give him at least something to say about his day.

Dyoricath didn’t particularly care if he got poked at in the sun or not, he was still going to be prodded at by not his rider, but he supposed out on the ledge would be better, since there was more space and more people and maybe they would pay attention to each other and not him and Sh’ran. And Semath was there, and Dyoricath had decided he trusted dragons to keep their own riders in line, generally, so it was safer when they were around. Candidates were more suspect, since they didn’t have any good draconic sense in there. Unfortunate.

Knowing Dyoricath’s dislike of these exams Sh’ran stuck close to him, sitting down next to the dragonet when he’d chosen a spot outside for getting poked at. He leaned against the blue as Dyoricath pointedly looked away from Narinoa and L’gan. Tell them to get on with it, he announced, though he knew both men could hear him. Sh’ran rolled his eyes in amusement and gave a half-hearted wave to invite both of them over.

L'gan
of Green Semath

Date of Birth
03.01.712, 33
Height
5'9
Eyes
Stormy grey
Build
Slight
Hair
Dark brown, curly

Threads

Erebuth had brightened at the confirmation the others would visit and shyly butted his head against Narinoa, then went to sprawl in the sunlight as Dyoricath and Sh’ran emerged, trusting that B’kit would follow. B’kit laughed at Sh’ran’s joking ‘rebuke’ and replied he wouldn’t dream of encouraging the bad behavior. He settled down next to Erebuth and tugged out his notebook again, half-listening.

Seeing those two get themselves comfortable, L’gan approached Dyoricath after the not-subtle order to ‘get on with it’ from the grumpy blue. His face was carefully schooled, but his eyes showed his amusement at being ordered around by a weyrling. He crouched down to take a few measurements and check some other vitals, and asked a few more questions. How he’d been eating, was he sleeping fitfully or was he getting better about sleeping longer stretches, and things like that.

“I know this bit is boring, but I think you all are handling early weyrlinghood superbly.” L’gan smiled at the two young riders and their dragons. “Especially with everything else that’s been thrown at you. We’ll check Zezeth too, but I’m happy to recommend cutting back the examination schedule. Just keep us updated if anything changes with their appetite or anything between exams. You’re doing a great job,” he said, resting a hand on Sh’ran’s shoulder without thinking.

Sh'ran
of Blue Dyoricath

Date of Birth
19.01.717, 28
Height
6'1"
Eyes
Dark hazel
Build
Pretty boy
Hair

Threads

Dyoricath tolerated L’gan looking him over. At least the greenrider didn’t dawdle over it and just did what he had to and moved on. He even preened a little at the complement that they were handling Weyrlinghood well. The pleased feeling didn’t last long though, because as soon as L’gan’s hand made contact with Sh’ran Dyoricath’s head whipped around to glare at the greenrider and everyone in the weyr was immediately subjected to a now well-known shriek of outrage. He flung his wings out to take up more space and look more intimidating, wanting the greenrider to get away from his rider immediately.

If asked, Sh’ran would say he wasn’t able to avoid L’gan reaching out to him because he was still half asleep. Which was true, Misha woke terribly slowly, but even in his sleepy daze he knew L’gan had made a mistake, and stared at the hand for a moment, processing its presence, before stepping back out of his reach when Dyoricath’s shriek assaulted their heads.

“Sorry, sorry,” Sh’ran muttered, directed at everyone - at Dyoricath, because it’s not like L’gan didn’t know Dyoricath had sharing issues, and everyone else because they sure were having to deal with grumpy baby dragon yelling. “Dyo, it’s fine, shh,” he said, moving forward to wrap his arms around Dyoricath’s neck in what he hoped was a comforting fashion.

N'noa
of Blue Atranth

Date of Birth
29.09.715, 29
Height
6'0
Eyes
Hazel
Build
Fit
Hair
Brown, curly

Threads

Narinoa winced as soon as he saw the hand connect with the shoulder. He didn’t get a chance to stop it or distract everyone from it before Dyoricath was screeching. Son of a bitch! He was never going to get used to that sound and every time it happened, he wondered if they could sedate the blue and remove his vocal chords because holy shit that was loud and obnoxious. But it wasn’t directed at him this time and that was at least something to celebrate.

Standing up from the crouch he had been holding after the examination, Narinoa looped his arm through L’gan’s and gave him a slight tug. “You know it’s better to just walk away when he’s like this,” he softly reminded, though even with all the noise he was making Dyoricath would still hear the soft tones. But he wasn’t trying to avoid the keen ears so much as gently guide the Healer away without making more of a scene. At least they had finished the check-up this time. Some days a ten minute check took four hours as they waited for Dyoricath to calm down again and let them in the room.

Narinoa didn’t say any parting words to anyone on the ledge as he quietly relocated them through the door and into the main room. It was a tad quieter with the wall buffering the noise but they all knew from experience you had to walk a few weyrs away before Dyoricath was no longer heard. “Let’s check Zezeth and then head to your borrowed room for that promised massage.” Now that they weren’t in sight of any of the weyrlings, Narinoa snuck in some heavy handed flirting as his arm moved to loop around L’gan’s waist and pull them close together. “We could work off some steam and rebuild some focus before we do another round in a couple of hours.” Given how well the weyrlings were doing and how close L’gan’s current weyr was, they could easily slip out for a bit and still be back in record time if an emergency happened, but Narinoa was confident they were in for a quiet day—at least until their clothes came off and quiet was never a guarantee.

L'gan
of Green Semath

Date of Birth
03.01.712, 33
Height
5'9
Eyes
Stormy grey
Build
Slight
Hair
Dark brown, curly

Threads

L’gan swore as Dyoricath started shrieking at him, pulling his hand back as though burned. He took a step back immediately, showing the dragonet his hands, nowhere near Sh’ran. “Shards, I’m sorry. Dyo, I’m not going to touch him again, I promise. See?” The sound echoed through his skull as the physical yell was matched by mindvoice screeching, instantly giving him a headache.

Hush, Dyoricath, Semath interjected, pitching her mindvoice to be heard despite the shrieking. L’gan meant no possession. He just meant a friend-touch, like a stroke of your neck or eye ridges. Sh’ran is yours, mine doesn’t want him. Just to be sure he’s healthy.

He barely registered Narinoa’s words or Semath’s, but felt the hand on his elbow and let himself be guided away, his head spinning. “I agree. We should find Zezeth and Madiquel, and my head feels about to split open.” He gave a small smile as Narinoa tugged him closer flirtatiously. “You’re trying to distract me from work. Hardly professional, Noa.” But he didn’t move back right away. He winced as another shriek pierced the door. “Though, I’ll take anything to get away from this for a little while.”

N'noa
of Blue Atranth

Date of Birth
29.09.715, 29
Height
6'0
Eyes
Hazel
Build
Fit
Hair
Brown, curly

Threads

Narinoa grinned at L’gan figuring out his tactic of distraction and didn’t let it drop when he was chided, knowing already that he had the greenrider interested. If L’gan was serious enough to focus on work like he always was, he would have slipped out of his grasp already. Since the man hadn’t, Narinoa took that as a positive sign and knew they’d be enjoying themselves away from Dyoricath soon. He winced as the shriek took on a new octave and pressed his mouth close to L’gan’s ear to be heard, “and I’ll give you everything you can handle in that time, L’gan.”

He gave a little nip to the lobe and broke away from the hold before they were seen. They had a green weyring to find and something told Narinoa the pair wasn’t in the weyr since Zezeth liked to pick on the blues and wasn’t around to harass Dyoricath now. That meant she had likely been given permission to visit her father down the hall which Narinoa wasn’t thrilled about since Jajojin made him uncomfortable, but that’s where the patient was so that was where they had to go.

At least it would be a quick visit and then a fun break from work would be had.

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)