World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [P] [EVENT] 740.08.25 | Fall Into Me

L'gan
of Green Semath

Date of Birth
03.01.712, 33
Height
5'9
Eyes
Stormy grey
Build
Slight
Hair
Dark brown, curly

Threads

Written By: ValGal9
Things had been tense ever since the hatching, but L’gan was determined to finally clear the air. He wasn’t normally given to bouts of anger, but he’d lost his temper with Sariel after the hatching and he felt guilty about that. They’d exchanged heated words in the early hours following their return to the hall, and he had gone back to Fort alone.

Over the next few weeks it seemed like he was running on klah and 2 hours of sleep, and they barely had time to reconnect while he dashed to and from Ista and the Hall. Between reading notes on the dissection of the dead dragonets, consoling Semath about the process, taking detailed observations of the surviving weyrlings, and needing to actually sleep so he didn’t burn out, there was very little time left for sorting out his personal life.

At least he’d seen Sariel around the Hall as she’d apparently convinced the Masterhealer she was more of an asset than a liability. If nothing else they were learning significantly more about dragon anatomy which could be useful in the future. And through Master Verec’s arrangement with the Beastcraft, both he and Eb’zer would have partners from that craft to see if they could apply any of their knowledge to dragonhealing. He’d met his partner, Narinoa at the Hatching and been impressed by the young man’s composure.

After delivering a batch of drawings to the Harperhall for duplication he took the opportunity to finally go see Sariel alone. L’gan knocked on her door and slipped in after her invitation. “Hey Bell,” he greeted her quietly, setting a pitcher of klah and basket of pastries down and taking a seat next to her.

He hesitated, not quite sure how to start. “Bell, I wanted to apologize again for my reaction the other day. There was so much going on and you were so rattled like after the Touching… I didn’t want to see you upset like that, but I was also terrified you were going to get yourself hurt.” He grimaced, “I know that doesn’t give you enough credit, and I’m sorry.”

He sighed, fiddling with something and glancing away while he composed his thoughts. “Hatchings are dangerous. We all know that. And it would be hypocritical of me to ask you not to Stand, so I won’t, I promise. But I want you to know how much I do support you as a candidate, a healer, and a partner. And how badly I need you in my life.” L’gan looked up and caught her eyes.

“I understand if you’re still upset with me. Hell, I’d be surprised if you weren’t. But I hope you’ll forgive me.” He swallowed around a sudden lump in his throat and covered her hand with his. “I love you, Sariel. I don’t know what I’d do without you. Will you... that is... “ he bit his lip nervously. “I want to show my dedication to you, if you’ll still have me.” He opened his other hand to reveal a simple ring.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Sariel
of Gold Cirith

Date of Birth
20.12.720, 28
Height
4'10"
Eyes
Hazel Green
Build
Fit
Hair
Golden Blonde

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Deceased
She'd been thinking about his reaction since the Hatching and the more she thought about it, the more she could see his point. It hadn't come from anything more than his desire to keep her from harm's way. Yelling? She could forgive that and had intended to express that at some point...soon when it was convenient. Honestly, she wasn't angry with him and even if she might have been, her anger dissipated quickly, like the last vestiges of a summer storm.

Sariel fiddled with the L'gan sized ring in her pocket she'd been carrying around since she'd ordered it at Gather. It was skybroom-wood, precious enough as it was and notoriously difficult to work with. It was inlaid with two metal bands encircling some sort of emerald and gold matter - Sariel wasn't sure what it was but it was beautiful and the last of its kind, or so the tradesman had said. Something ancient made into something lasting and new. It was apparently Thread-proof thanks to some sort of coating that had been buffed to a shine.

She let him speak without interruption, her eyes roaming his face as if she'd never really seen it before as she drank his presence in. The days always seemed to merge and fly as if they were dragon-sent. Surgical intervention was here and there, some more challenging than the next. But this was a Moment and she curtailed her ever-evolving thoughts on healing sharply to give him her whole attention. It was arresting, the way his words flowed in a very uniquely L'gan way. No one else could be him. She missed him in the in-between moments, the little pockets of calm where they could fit themselves into a bed and curl up.

"If I'll still have you?" an eyebrow winged upward and her lips pursed slightly as she withdrew the ring she'd had made for him in her closed palm. "I'd have no one but you if you wanted. We think so much alike, even in this," she murmured, shifting to reveal the ring. It gleamed in the light of the glows that enhanced the spun gold and green of the inlay. "I've loved you since before I carried our children into this world."

Sariel, with her steady but delicate touch, took his offered ring and left hers in its place.

"I love you, L'gan of Semath, even when you vex me." Her expression went from one emotion to the next as she leaned up a little more as if that'd make her any taller. It didn't. Her fingers touched his lips for a moment as if he might break.

She'd follow him between and she knew it as she touched the ring he'd given her. While the sentiment wasn't spoken, it was there in her eyes like a soft shadow to the joy. They had spaces they inhabited in each other's lives the lack of one or the other of them would leave holes no stitch could bind.

Sariel let out a soft huff, breaking herself from following the what-ifs that were always present.

"I do," she said, "of course, love Semath as much as you." That was evidenced as much in her free time spent leaning into the green or, often, dozing and tucked up against Semath's soft hide.

PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

L'gan
of Green Semath

Date of Birth
03.01.712, 33
Height
5'9
Eyes
Stormy grey
Build
Slight
Hair
Dark brown, curly

Threads

Written By: ValGal9
The worry left his eyes and a smile spread across his face at her words. L’gan laughed aloud as she revealed a ring of her own. “When did you-?” He started to ask before quickly working it out. “The gather, of course.” L’gan picked up the ring, admiring its craftsmanship while she did the same. Hers was simple, but elegant, a narrow gold band stamped with a delicate pattern.

He chuckled and kissed her fingertips. “Let’s not start in on ho vexes whom or I’ll end up having to apologize again and I’m not sure how to top this apology,” he teased as he slipped the ring onto his hand and stole a brief kiss. They’d figure out the details later, but at least on this they agreed. Her quip about Semath startled another laugh out of him and he pulled her close. “As ever, I’m happy to share her.”

The green had been so upset since the Hatching, and he wondered, “would you like to come to our weyr tonight, Bell? If you can get away, that is. Eb’zer is with the weyrlings tonight, so I was going to pamper my poor dragon. I know she’d love to see you too.” He’d spent more nights at Ista than Fort lately, and he missed his weyr’s small comforts.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Sariel
of Gold Cirith

Date of Birth
20.12.720, 28
Height
4'10"
Eyes
Hazel Green
Build
Fit
Hair
Golden Blonde

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Deceased
She winked at him, her laughter soft as he calculated out to the Gather and kissed her fingertips. She did love Semath dearly, how could she not? Love the rider, love the dragon, etc., etc., etc. Honestly, his offer to take her to Fort for the evening was a lovely idea. Sariel tucked herself against him a little more, a few tendrils of hair escaping as she moved.

"I'd be pleased to get a night away. I'm still suffering from the post-Hatching sours since the Hatching at Ista and it's been difficult to get out of the negative cloud. At least I have Healing, mm?" she murmured, leaning into him. Her fingers idly brushed his hair as she let out a slight huff. "Would that I could leave every evening. I do have all of my things ready in case I have to leave for another Weyr. It's easier to be ready than not. I've a bag and a kit."

Ista had set her on edge from the start and she still felt its tendrils.

Sariel was sure that much of her outburst was misconstrued and actions of others were attributed to her when all she did was speak. Perhaps some could read her emotions? Appealing to the gold had come to nothing - at least she'd asked - nor had she made a move toward the rest of the eggs. The only thing she'd really done was to check the deceased dragonet to make sure she was, in fact, dead. She felt, herself, that the bodies of the dead dragonets would be of great use to the healers and really wished she could be a part of that team. The how and why of their failure to mature was as bad as the Impressed ones. They'd be alright, she hoped. It still hung on her, the weight and the exhaustion even this long past the Touching and Hatching. She was, in a word, reeling.

Sariel had never had such a traumatic few months - not like this, at least. This was a different kind of trauma, the kind that resonated all the more because it had involved her. That sounded a mite bit selfish and she'd feel horrible regardless considering the deaths and the existential dread of both events, interconnected as they were. It was enough to last a lifetime of Hatchings and Touchings but she knew she would always return to the Sands (any Sands) as long as they'd take her. Maybe she should only Stand for clutches that had a golden egg among their number.

...but what if-- Arragh! Too much was on her mind.

She took a slow breath in and refocused herself. There was time for speculation later. Her fingers traced the band L'gan had given her and she couldn't not smile. Fort would be a quiet respite compared to the turmoil of Ista where she had felt pummeled from every which direction, at least in an emotional sort of way. That feeling had persisted like a nightmare you couldn't shake and followed.

"Mmn," she said a moment or two later, "Sorry. I guess I definitely need a night away."

PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)