World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [C] 739.12.08 | Baking Friends
2pm | C'dhin

Mylorah
of Gold Amagrith

Date of Birth
10.02.721, 24
Height
5'8
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
Curvy
Hair
Brown, long

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
"Syrendryth, make sure my broody brother finds a cute girl to spend the day with while I spend mine with a cute boy," Mylorah laughed at T'ryn's exasperated expression and then the eye roll that was likely caused by the dragon replying solely to his rider. She blew them both a kiss and skipped off to find her date for the day. It really wasn't a date date, though it was C'dhin and she wouldn't be adverse to finishing their baking lessons in bed if he was interested. She wondered if Misharan had finally hooked up with the greenrider and would definitely be asking her friend later. After all, if she didn't burn down C'dhin's weyr and managed to leave with something edible, Misharan was going to get some of the goodies before returning to Ista.

She really, desperately, wanted to be able to bake at least one thing. She tried over and over in recent turns and even when she thought it turned out well... apparently it didn't. How could she know she grabbed salt instead of sugar that one time? And why was it so hard to get the right consistency that would bake the right way? Cake soup was gross. There was the rare time or two where what she made ended up looking edible and even tasted pretty good but she could never recall how she made that happen, even when she followed a recipe written down. C'dhin was a baking legend so if he couldn't help her, then no one could, and she'd have to give up on this faucet of domesticness as well.

Surprisingly, she didn't have to beg C'dhin for the lessons. Everyone knew how much he enjoyed his time in his kitchen but Mylorah didn't think sharing his secrets would come so easily. Wasn't that against the baker craft's code or something? Then again, he really wasn't a part of the craft since he was Stolen so long ago so maybe part of making peace with everything --or simply just revenge for being shunned by family and craft, if that happened--was to share everything he knew with anyone that asked.

She knocked on his door and let herself in, knowing she was expected and wouldn't be wandering in on something she shouldn't be. Her jacket was removed and left on a chair and when she saw C'dhin, she smiled and stood at attention. "Junior Apprentice Mylorah reporting for lessons, sir!" She had no idea if she even said the rank right, drawing on memories of chatting with crafters in the past. She could recall a lot about the people, including the craft they were in and what they specialized in, but for some reason, the ranks never stuck in her head.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

C'dhin
of Green Coroth

Date of Birth
09.02.708, 31
Height
6'0
Eyes
Pale Green
Build
Cuddly
Hair
Dark blonde

Threads

C'dhin couldn't say why he agreed to teach Mylorah, a girl he knew mostly in passing given their ages and crowds they hung around in. But she was nice and everyone he spoke to said she was sweet and if nothing else, she'd be fun to spend time with even if she couldn't bake. He really hoped she could, but he'd find out soon enough. There was something so disheartening about someone that couldn't follow a recipe and create the delicious treat. How hard was it to mix items together and then cook it for the proper time?

His weyr had slowly been transformed into his dream home since the move North. While he still had a small sitting area so he could entertain guests, most of his living space had been converted into a kitchen. He had a lot of counter top space, shelves, and cupboards so he could house everything he needed and spread out as much as desired. One of the counters was currently holding ingredients, bowls, and measuring cups in preparation for his student. It would be easier if she had access to everything instead of looking for it in a strange kitchen.

He was stoking the fire in his oven when the knock came and C'dhin straightened as Mylorah let herself in. He took a moment to take in her appearance and decided that even if they didn't end up with anything edible, at least he had some eye candy. "My last official rank was Junior Journeyman, so with a little luck and time, I should be able to get you to that level." He laughed, and waved her on in to the kitchen and pointed to the bucket of water to wash up in. "First rule, always wash your hands. Yeah, I know, pretty basic stuff, right? But you'd be surprised how many people forget to at the start and don't think about it when they touch their nose in the middle of a recipe or sneeze." He wrinkled his nose in distaste at the memories of people in the past who did such things.

Mylorah didn't complain or roll her eyes at his rule so that already earned her a point in C'dhin's book. If he couldn't get her to master a simple recipe that day and she wanted more lessons, that simple act alone would help her get a follow up lesson. "So was there something in particular you want to learn? I'm gonna start you on an easy cookie first but then we can give something else a go."

PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Mylorah
of Gold Amagrith

Date of Birth
10.02.721, 24
Height
5'8
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
Curvy
Hair
Brown, long

Threads

Mylorah washed her hands without complaint, knowing the importance of such things thanks both to her mother's rules when she was little and when she helped in the kitchen prepping vegetables. She liked that C'dhin was so strict about such a thing and it made her feel better eating all of his delicious treats over the turns knowing he cared so much about hygiene. She patted her hands dry on the towel left by the bucket and her dress flared around her as she spun back around to face her teacher. "Whatever you want to teach me would be amazing but your little cakes with the layer of fruit in the middle would make me so happy!" She loved those cakes and how light they were despite being a sweet dessert. How did he make the cake like that, so different from the standard ones served at dinner? She loved it coupled with the berries as well, making her think of summer and beaches.

She nodded enthusiastically when C'dhin told her to take a few minutes looking over the ingredients he had set out. He did earn a look when he said he wanted to make sure she knew the difference between flour and sugar. She knew that! They didn't look alike, it was the salt that snuck up on her but she didn't point that out as she started poking at the various containers, sniffing some, and doing her best not to steal from the bowl of berries.

When the lesson was ready to begin in earnest, Mylorah stepped up to the bowl that was hers and noticed C'dhin had a bowl of his own as well. They would both make a batch of cookies, he explained, so she could see his methods in practice and then give it a go herself. She liked that idea! Verbal direction was all well and good but sometimes seeing how something was done made it easier for her to learn. Having C'dhin as her guide, knowing how skilled he was and how patient he could be, was just the icing on her soon-to-be baked cake!

C'dhin
of Green Coroth

Date of Birth
09.02.708, 31
Height
6'0
Eyes
Pale Green
Build
Cuddly
Hair
Dark blonde

Threads

Despite it being an easy recipe with little to throw her for a loop, C'dhin still took his time walking Mylorah through the recipe, pointing out the measurements and how to read his shorthand as well as defining some of the terms he knew weren't commonplace. By the time they were whisking everything together for the final time, C'dhin inspected her batter and had her continue for another minute. It was still a bit lumpy but the colour looked close to his own as did the texture, minus those lumps. Mylorah was a good student, though, and he could already tell she was trying her hardest and wondered if she was doing this to impress someone or simply because she wanted to learn for her own enjoyment. Even if it was to impress someone, he hoped she still took pleasure in the act. Baking made him happy and seeing how much others enjoyed what he created was such a rush that he wanted her to experience it as well.

When the lumps were gone, C'dhin showed her how much to spoon onto the tray for each cookie. "Too much in one and it won't bake eventually. Too little and it will end up darker and crispier than the others. You want to keep them consistent in size and check on them a few minutes prior to the stated time, just in case you stoked the fire too hot." That was a common mistake and he had had dry cookies and cakes over the turns because the person in charge wasn't paying attention. It was why he didn't eat dessert that much anymore unless he supplied it. Snobbish? No doubt, but it was his pride and joy and everyone knew him for it so he felt it was fine to only eat his own now.

"And while the cookies bake, we have twenty minutes to clean up. It's a good practice to keep on top of the dishes, otherwise you'll either end up needing something that's still dirty or you're left to do it all after everything is done and it's a daunting task."

Mylorah
of Gold Amagrith

Date of Birth
10.02.721, 24
Height
5'8
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
Curvy
Hair
Brown, long

Threads

Mylorah turned from the oven where she was very much prepared to watch the cookies bake if that ended up being a vital step in the process to wrinkle her nose at the greenrider. "Really? I swear there are more dishes than we used. I think you kept dirty ones around solely for me to clean." She gave a pout even as she stood up and eyed the pile that C'dhin had started. She didn't mind washing dishes and often helped clean up one of the meals each day as one of her preferred tasks. That didn't mean she wanted to, though.

"You sure there isn't something a bit more fun we could do in the down time?" Mylorah gave a flirtatious smile and she lightly brushed her arm against C'dhin's as she came to stand beside him. He was cute and she could easily come up with some ideas for killing twenty minutes but she was mostly just harmlessly teasing the man. She really was there to learn about cookies and cakes and didn't want to distract her teacher or have him kick her out because he wasn't into her advances.

Leaving well enough alone --though his slightly shocked expression and cheeks turning red were fun and encouraging-- Mylorah grabbed a bowl to dip into the warm sudsy water to scrub at it. "Can you sing? That could be a fun way to pass the time. Oh! Or I can ask you questions. Like, do you know my friend Misharan? He's a Candidate, super cute and sexy and just plain amazing." The bowl was set aside and the next item was grabbed. Should she feel bad about trying to pimp out her friend? Maybe; if it was anyone other than Misharan. She knew he wouldn't mind, especially if it worked in his favour.

C'dhin
of Green Coroth

Date of Birth
09.02.708, 31
Height
6'0
Eyes
Pale Green
Build
Cuddly
Hair
Dark blonde

Threads

C'dhin was indeed turning red from the flirty interactions of the young and pretty woman. He knew he was decent-looking and people over the turns had hit on him, but he still never got used to it or even expected it. There were far more attractive people out there and he usually ended up assuming they were all busy when the need for sex took hold of someone so he was a friendly and convenient replacement. He kind of felt that way then when Mylorah's teasing ended before he even got a word out, but she really did seem as nice as everyone said and perhaps a bit ditzy with how quickly her attention seemed to changed so maybe she just decided not to pursue that avenue while other things needed to be done. Women could be complicated.

C'dhin used Mylorah's earlier expression against her as he wrinkled his nose at the idea of singing. He wasn't that great at it --unless you asked him when he was drunk and then he was the best-- and gave a sigh of relief when that idea also flittered out of her head as quickly as it appeared. He grabbed a dry towel and the bowl she finished with to dry it off and nearly dropped it when the new subject seemed to be her friend. That she wanted to know his opinion on. He glanced her way as the bowl was set down and next item scooped up, trying to figure out why she was interested.

"Why, Mylorah, are you trying to play matchmaker?" He decided to give her a slightly teasing answer with a small grin. He knew who she was talking about as he always remembered the people that gave the best compliments and asked for more when he went around sharing his latest creation. Misharan was easy on the eyes and he was just as easy to converse with, though they hadn't had long and meaningful conversations.

Mylorah
of Gold Amagrith

Date of Birth
10.02.721, 24
Height
5'8
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
Curvy
Hair
Brown, long

Threads

"I am," Mylorah chirped with honesty and a smile. There wasn't any reason to pretend otherwise. Why else would someone ask such questions? "I suggested you to him just before the Hatching. But since he was injured during it, I think he's been taking it easy. Our friend Kordiavis has made the trip over a few times since then as well to keep him company or something. Between us, he has no healing skills so I think Kordi is finally opening up and letting friends in and discovering the meaning of caring." A few more items had been added to the pile to be dried as she spoke. Maybe she shouldn't have been gossiping about Kordiavis, but the man was hard to figure out if he hadn't decided to let you know him and if C'dhin saw him glued to Misharan's side, she didn't want the greenrider thinking there was something more than there was.

Or was there? She would kill them both if they were falling for each other as something more than friends with benefits! They were both among her absolute closest friends and she wanted to know about their happiness. And that she shouldn't play matchmaker because then that becomes a bit awkward for everyone concerned.

"Anyway, I think you'd get along well with each other and look good together as well," she laughed softly as a wooden spoon was handed over directly to C'dhin. "Judge me for being shallow if you want, but it's an important aspect to hitting it off no matter how much people pretend otherwise."

C'dhin
of Green Coroth

Date of Birth
09.02.708, 31
Height
6'0
Eyes
Pale Green
Build
Cuddly
Hair
Dark blonde

Threads

C'dhin could not believe they were having this conversation. Sure, he was a bit intrigued by both Misharan and that Kordiavis guy, but that didn't mean he wanted to have them lining up for dates and to see if they got along. He supposed it did make it a bit easier knowing that Misharan had already had this talk with her as well and there might be some interest. He couldn't speak to how well they'd get along and he wasn't even sure if she was trying to get them to end up as mates or just fuck buddies. Girls were definitely complicated and he was reminded as to why he didn't hook up with them that much anymore.

"Uh, right. Okay. I'll look into it? I mean, it wouldn't hurt to sit with him at dinner or invite him over to play food tester, right?" Why did he say that? Mylorah was definitely the type to pass along that information to Misharan and now the man would be expecting it and think he was rejected if he didn't get the invitation. Not that he was the sort to be that rude. He was curious and truth be told, he was far too friendly for his own good and making new friends never seemed like a bad idea to him. "Thanks for the matchmaking. I promise I'll seek him out soon. Now, let's check on the cookies."

Mylorah
of Gold Amagrith

Date of Birth
10.02.721, 24
Height
5'8
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
Curvy
Hair
Brown, long

Threads

Mylorah was still beaming with happiness as the trays were pulled from the oven. C'dhin was going to seek out Misharan and her cookies looked fluffy and not burned! The afternoon was already considered a success and she hadn't even sampled the goods yet. When she did, she tried C'dhin's version first, moaning as the cookie melted in her mouth and left her craving more. Then she tried hers--and gave the same reaction. Holy shit! She did it, she actually did it!C'dhin earned a kiss to his cheek in celebration before Mylorah danced around his kitchen as she finished eating her cookie. All she had to do was repeat everything they did on her own and she could be counted as a proper cookie baker.

They removed the cookies from the sheets, setting them aside to cool properly, and then scooped out the remaining dough to bake. As that was going, C'dhin walked her through the cake recipe she wanted to try. It was a bit more advanced, but still easy enough for her to conquer and manage on her own--if she paid attention. Mylorah was all about that attention and friendly chats were forgotten as she listened to the advice and followed C'dhin's directions for measurements and methods.

They paused to remove the cookies from the oven and then returned to what was called shortcake. Eventually the batter was poured into pans and C'dhin explained the wait time was even longer than the cookies had been. At least some of the time would be passed with dishes but she wondered what else they could talk about to fill in the remaining time. C'dhin had that covered though. He sat her down and laid out the recipes they had used as well as blank parchment and writing utensils. He told her to write them down and then gave her two more recipes that were similar in skill level, walking her through them without actually mixing anything.

By the time she was done, C'dhin was showing her how to check when a cake was ready. Then she had to learn the joys of waiting for a cake to be cooled enough to add toppings that wouldn't heat up and turn soggy or melt, depending on what she added. Waiting definitely sucked. C'dhin told her he either worked on the next batch of baking in that time or wandered off to eat or visit a friend. She didn't blame him and wondered if she could get away with doing that now, but decided to pester him further on whatever topic came to mind even as she answered his own questions about her life. Fair play and all that.

Finally she had a cake with berries in the middle and on top and Mylorah couldn't believe she did it. They had made a few small individual sized cakes since they had two batches of batter and she wanted to sample the cake without cutting into the large one. So good. C'dhin was a miracle worker and Mylorah gushed about him to him with the promise of telling everyone else. "I can't believe I baked something and neither one of us is dying or stealthily ditching it in the nearest bin. I'm going to go find Misharan and share this with him!" She had sent some food with R'dal not too long ago but this was actually good!

C'dhin
of Green Coroth

Date of Birth
09.02.708, 31
Height
6'0
Eyes
Pale Green
Build
Cuddly
Hair
Dark blonde

Threads

C'dhin smiled at Mylorah's excitement and disbelief that she actually made things. They were simple enough items and not something he would pat himself on the back for now, but he remembered the first time he had mastered a recipe and earned compliments and was just as excited as Mylorah. He packed up her batch of cookies in a box and then her large cake as well. They were her masterpieces and meant to be shared where she wanted. Though, he paused before sealing the cookies up.

"Maybe I could bring some of your cookies and a mini cake to Misharan. Tell him you baked them, which you did, and properly spend time with him, like you encouraged me to do. Seems pretty win-win, right?" Mylorah's shock at his idea quickly turned into a wide grin as she bounced excitedly on her toes. He'd take that as a positive answer to his idea and laughed as she babbled her agreement, setting aside a few of her cookies.

Considering Mylorah didn't burn down his kitchen and was a surprisingly quick study, C'dhin considered it a good afternoon. "Let me know when you want some more lessons. I have harder things you can try when you're ready. Just remember the basics and practice with what I gave you and you'll be a Junior Journeyman with me in no time." If he hadn't been swept off to Katila, he'd be a Senior Journeyman, maybe even master, but C'dhin didn't hold onto those negative emotions. He had gained a lot more than a rank since then and was happy with what he had.

Now, as Mylorah bundled up, grabbed her boxes, and left, C'dhin wondered how he was going to find the courage to track down and speak with Misharan. At least now he had a good reason for approaching the man. He'd go bathe first and then decide how he was going to do it.

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)