World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [C] 739.10.14 | Healing Hugs
5am | Misharan, Mylorah

Kor'is
of Blue Taith

Date of Birth
21.03.716, 29
Height
5'11
Eyes
Brown
Build
Average
Hair
Blonde, short

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
When it became clear the last egg wasn’t going to hatch, Kordiavis beat the rush of those remaining in the stands down to the Sands so he could weave through the crowd and find the people he had been concerned about for hours. He had wanted to sneak down earlier, like that girl sitting near the Fort leaders did but too many riders had taken up stations to keep people up in the relative safety of the stands and away from the dragonets, eggs, and the injured. He understood that, wanting the Healers to do their job as much as the next person, but he had seen one of his good friends get mauled. If asked what happened, Kordiavis couldn’t say, at least not yet and possibly could later when the shock wore off, but all he knew was that Misharan had been on the wrong end of some sharp claws and there had been blood.

One of his other friends had been in the path of the gold dragonet but she had managed to not only get herself to safety, but a couple of other girls as well. That was where he headed first when he saw Mylorah was still off to the side, talking to M’ris and K’tir with the two girls each hugging one of the men. Huh, those must be their daughters and they must have been saying their thanks to her for her quick thinking. If anyone deserved a gold dragon –a much less murderous one—it was Mylorah. She had kept a level head in a crisis and looked after others. He was proud of her and told her that when she finally got away from the dragonriders.

After a lot of hugs and exchanges of words that fell in the category of relief, they both wanted to find Misharan and see how he was doing. Enough time had to have passed for him to be patched up and hopefully awake. Luck was remaining on the good side of things as they found the blonde bandaged and awake. Mylorah was crying, having not seen what had happened and lost track of their friend for a while. Kordiavis didn’t blame her one bit when she took off running to get to him as he followed right behind her. Her cry of ‘Mimi!’ probably saved Misharan from being knocked over by her. That, or her sudden halt in attempted hugs as she found a spot to wrap her arms around him that hopefully wouldn’t hurt that much.

Kordiavis liked the tactic enough that he took a moment to examine the man as well and was soon wrapping his arms around the pair of them. It wasn’t until that moment that he realised how afraid he had been for their lives. His own safety had never been an issue but they were down there in the thick of it all and he tightened his arms as much as he dared to silently show how much they both meant to him. “I’m not really a fan of blood, Misha. There are a lot better ways to get my attention if you want in my pants again.” He didn’t know how to express his feelings, to say the words he really wanted to say, so joking seemed best. Something to break the tension, which worked at least with Mylorah as she snorted a bit of laughter and smacked him lightly on the arm.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Sh'ran
of Blue Dyoricath

Date of Birth
19.01.717, 28
Height
6'1"
Eyes
Dark hazel
Build
Pretty boy
Hair
Ashy blonde hair that is almost always straight. He used to keep it a bit longer, but clips it shorter after moving to the Weyr.

Threads

Written By: Zandelion
Misharan had spent the past… how long? Several hours, at least. Fuck if he knew, but he’d been hovering around the designated Healer area for a long damn time in a bit of a daze. There’d been a lot of fussing, and Misharan now had some very professional looking bandages around his chest and shoulder. The whole area was also pretty numb, because the Healers had not been stingy with the numbweed with any of the injured Candidates. Also Misha was pretty sure he needed a new Candidate robe, because the gold had torn it with her claws and than one of the Healers had torn more of it off to keep his wounds clear and make them easier to bandage. He thought he’d made a smart-ass comment about it but he couldn’t really remember. There may have been fellis or something in some of the water he’d been given, which would explain some of how dazed he was. Or maybe it was just the blood loss; Misha wasn’t a Healer, he didn’t know.

Thankfully, it didn’t seem like his injuries were too serious, since the Healers were mostly leaving him to his own devices. Someone had said something about redoing the bandages before he was allowed to leave, which was fine. Meant he didn’t have to figure out how to do it himself. But he didn’t really have anything to do other than stand around and try to ignore everything that had happened, so Misharan had just wandered around waiting for someone to tell him he could go pass out, hopefully in a bed. The Hatching was over, wasn’t it? That meant it was time to sleep.

By some miracle Misharan had enough awareness of the world to hear Mylorah saying his name (well, nickname, same difference) to turn towards her as she rushed forward to hug him. He smiled softly at her, giving a tired laugh as she tried to find the best way to hug him. Honestly, he probably wouldn’t be getting pain-free hugs for a while, which sucked, but Mylo tried. Did pretty well too, had an arm low around his hip on the injured side, which just about avoided all the bandaging. Misha wrapped his arms around her, and when Kordiavis joined the hug he moved one of his arms to hold onto Kordi too. He took a moment to just press his face into Mylorah’s hair and relax into both of his friends being safe and there and wow, they were worried about him, that was a nice feeling. Kordiavis’ comment had Misharan leaning back from the side of Mylorah’s head to smirk at Kordi.

“Damn,” he said, voice tired but still snarky as usual, “should’ve told me that earlier. Saved us all a lot of trouble.” And he laughed, tightening his grip on the two of them, pulling them as close as he could, not at all caring if it hurt or disturbed the bandages. The Healers were gonna redo them soon anyway, so it was fine. “How’re you doing, Mylo?” Misharan asked seriously, pressing his cheek against hers. She was right in the middle of it all too, and he hadn’t seen her get hurt, but that didn’t mean she was okay by any means. Same with Kordiavis; he hadn’t gotten clawed up, and had been safely away from angry dragonets, but that didn’t mean he was unharmed. “How ‘bout you, Kordi?” Misha asked, tilting his head away from Mylorah's to gently rest against Kordiavis’. Sure, he was the one who’d gotten mauled by a dragon but he was more worried about his friends’ well being than his own.

Mylorah
of Gold Amagrith

Date of Birth
10.02.721, 24
Height
5'8
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
Curvy
Hair
Brown, long

Threads

Mylorah was clinging to Misharan—and Kordiavis now that they were in a three-way hug—and she didn’t think she’d ever let go. Seeing him bandaged up and looking so worn out tore at her heart and had finally given her the push she needed to cry. The shock of it all had set in hard, as did the need to make sure those around her were taken care of. She didn’t want to be a mother but apparently she had some sort of motherly gene in her that ensured she looked after others. Maybe it was just part of being a big sister. But it had kept her mind occupied and she never had a chance to think too long on what happened and how close she came to death. Seeing Misharan had been even closer to death’s door freaked her out more than she knew was possible and was glad she had two boys holding her as her legs started to feel like jelly.

“I’m in one piece, which is more than I can say about you, Misharan.” She chided her friend, her tone floating between an attempt to keep it light and serious. She couldn’t say she was mad at him as it wasn’t his fault a dragon went wild and was unpredictable in her path. She could yell at him and say he should have moved faster but that wouldn’t be fair either. There were so many people out there that it was a stampede and she had a feeling Misharan would have been trying to help others as well. “I know you didn’t plan it, but don’t scare me again. I didn’t know you were hurt until just now and I feel useless. I would have found you sooner but I thought you were fine…” her voice trailed off as she searched Misharan’s face, making sure he really was okay and not hiding anything from them.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Kor'is
of Blue Taith

Date of Birth
21.03.716, 29
Height
5'11
Eyes
Brown
Build
Average
Hair
Blonde, short

Threads

Kordiavis wondered if they were going to avoid the serious topic with jokes and flirting, but Mylorah didn’t seem able to do it as she unloaded some of her guilt and fear. He watched her closely, worried that she might be the most affected mentally by what had happened, but she was doing her best to keep a brave face even with the tear streaks still on her cheeks. He massaged her lower back where his hand had been resting, hoping it was soothing. He wasn’t the best at comforting others which made the whole situation awkward for him and why he resorted to what he had said.

“I’m doing all right for a guy who had a good view of everything and then had to wait to check on you two. But seriously, what’s the verdict with what’s hiding under the bandages? Muscle damage? Scars? Not sure I’m into a guy with scars, even if they are from being heroic.” He had a small smile as he said it, still ignoring the serious topic by flirting instead, though he’d bet anything that his eyes gave him away despite being great at poker with his stone face. He didn’t know how to say how worried he really was or how he was glad neither of them were among the dead. He was pretty sure that was rude as fuck even if he didn’t know any of the ones that died. “Then again, you might be able to carry them off and make it sexy. I’ll even sacrifice my time for you to practice pick-up lines on how you got them.”

Sh'ran
of Blue Dyoricath

Date of Birth
19.01.717, 28
Height
6'1"
Eyes
Dark hazel
Build
Pretty boy
Hair
Ashy blonde hair that is almost always straight. He used to keep it a bit longer, but clips it shorter after moving to the Weyr.

Threads

“I still have all my pieces, don’t worry, Mymy. I will make sure to take all planned injuries out of my schedule for you,” Misha said reassuringly, leaving a kiss on her temple, “This whole place was in chaos, it’s not your fault you couldn’t track me down in what, at least a couple hundred people?” Misharan knew there were around one hundred fifty Candidates at Telgar, then the Healers, then the Weyrlingmaster and her assistants, and of course the dragonriders and other people who rushed to the Sands, so keeping track of one (admittedly eye-catching) Candidate wasn’t exactly easy among all those people running around. “It’s not your fault you can’t see everywhere and know everything, Mylo. You found me as soon as you knew. That’s enough for me.”

Really, Misha didn’t mind at all that his friends hadn’t rushed over to him immediately. He was sure Mylorah had been doing something else important, and while having a friend around would have been nice, he didn’t need one there. Gave the Healers more space, and his friends were there now. It proved they cared about him, and that’s really all Misharan wanted. As long as he knew his closest friends wanted to be there for him, he didn’t need them to be physically there at all times. They came when they could and it meant to much to him.

Misharan watched Mylorah carefully to see if she seemed to be believing him. There were so many reasons to be upset that night, and he didn’t want to be another one. Deciding she at least somewhat believed him, he gave her another kiss on the cheek before turning to look at Kordiavis.

“And I’ll have you know I can make anything sexy, thank you very much Kordiavis,” he said with a tired grin, trying his best sound like his usual teasing self and not completely fucking exhausted. Misha sighed curling into the hug again, really wanting to go sleep but not wanting to let Mylorah and Kordiavis leave. He wanted to hug his friends, alright, it made him feel better way more than the numbweed did. With another sigh Misha answered the rest of Kordi’s question.

“But yeah, probably scarring. Healer said something about minimal impact to range of movement or recurring pain if I don’t fuck it up too bad while it’s healing, so I guess I’ll be doing absolutely nothing for at least a few days, if not longer.” Misharan grimaced. “It’s gonna be boring as shit, I’m sure, but I’d rather like to keep my full range of motion, I use that. At least she didn’t scratch up my pretty face,” he said with a wink, before leaning his head on Kordiavis’ shoulder and nuzzling into it, trying to communicate that he understood that flirting and making light of everything was Kordi’s way of dealing with everything at the moment. Misha understood, saying dumb shit was a way he managed difficult things all the time. It was just easier sometimes and he was grateful Kordiavis was letting him be a snarky dick while also being serious and open with Mylorah. Both were genuine, and he loved both of them so much and really hoped they knew.

Mylorah
of Gold Amagrith

Date of Birth
10.02.721, 24
Height
5'8
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
Curvy
Hair
Brown, long

Threads

Mylorah offered a small smile in exchange for the kisses and apology. She knew it wasn't fair to be the one upset and emotionally scarred by seeing a friend in such a condition, but she appreciated Misharan looking out for her as much as she was trying to look out for him. She gave him a light squeeze in a silent 'thanks for being amazing' and tried to focus on the banter between the boys', knowing it would help cheer her up. It did work a bit, but she was so tired from both being up nearly twenty-four hours and from everything that had happened. Even if she had been freshly drawn from bed after a full night's rest, she suspected she'd still be ready to sleep for a day and night after all was said and done.

Sleep and staying with the boys as they were right then warred with each other until Mylorah had an idea. Thankfully she was too tired to bounce with excitement since it would have likely caused Misharan pain, but she was smiling again and excitement sparkled in her eyes. "I guarantee you that T'ryn won't go home yet. Both because he wouldn't want to risk the jump between when he's so tired but also because he'll see it as his duty to help clean up and check on everyone. So you're stuck here, Kordi! I vote we have a slumber party. We can push beds together and stay close." The Candidate barracks would have a lot of empty beds now--from the Impressions! She didn't want to think about any other reasons the beds would be empty as she tried to stay positive.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Kor'is
of Blue Taith

Date of Birth
21.03.716, 29
Height
5'11
Eyes
Brown
Build
Average
Hair
Blonde, short

Threads

Kordiavis fell silent as Misharan rested his head against his shoulder. He was going over what he had just been told and if he knew of anyone in his past that had suffered a similar diagnosis so he could offer advice or a comforting story. He didn't. If someone had been hurt in the stables or a kitchen drudge and a sharp knife didn't get along, he couldn't recall hearing about it. Probably had something to do with how only certain people were ever truly worthy of his time and trust, especially after it was taken advantage of. Since he didn't have anything to say on the matter, he didn't even bother with small talk or more flirting. What had to be said, was said. He had shown his concern, which was genuine, and it seemed appreciated.

Still, it didn't feel like enough and when Mylorah came up with her idea, he latched onto it, an idea of his own springing to mind. "Good point, Mylorah. And Misharan, I believe you promised me a tour of Telgar Weyr if I ever found myself out this way. Well, here I am. I'm sure no one's going to care where I stay for a day or two." He might, though, as he thought about how he only had what he was wearing since he hadn't planned on staying longer than the Hatching. He was shorter than Misharan --and most men, unfortunately-- but he could probably make due with the same pants and just a change of shirt or two, even if they weren't of his preferred quality and design.

Clothing would be the least of his concern in the end, since he'd be there to keep Misharan company and make sure his first couple of days on the road to recovery were smooth. Not that he had any sort of training in even the most basic of things, but he could scream for help if Misharan passed out with a fever or his bandages needed changing.

Sh'ran
of Blue Dyoricath

Date of Birth
19.01.717, 28
Height
6'1"
Eyes
Dark hazel
Build
Pretty boy
Hair

Threads

The suggestion of a slumber party immediately had Misharan’s attention, and he nodded enthusiastically at them both, especially when Kordiavis offered to stay for an extra day or more. He’d never expected them to stay with him, even if he really wanted them too, so the fact they’d brought it up, not him, made him feel all light with happiness. Misha had the best friends.

“Yes!” he said excitedly, looking back and forth between the two of them, “The guy who has the bed next to mine Impressed, he won’t miss it if we borrow it. And I know the Candidate beds are tiny, but two pushed together should fit the three of us, right?” Misharan asked hopefully, really wanting to stay as close as possible to Mylorah and Kordiavis, so he didn’t think any extra space was really needed, but he didn’t want either of them to feel too cramped. What if they got uncomfortable and left?

“I’ll definitely give you a tour, Kordi, it just may take a day or two before it happens. I bet Mylo knows Telgar pretty well too, we’d make an excellent tour team. And you’re welcome to borrow any of my shit while you’re here, I’m sure you’ll want a bath or something, and I have plenty of soapsand and stuff.” Wait, was he allowed to take a bath with his injuries? He must be, right? But he hadn’t asked. He should do that before heading off to sleep. Which would hopefully be soon, the world was starting to get a little blurry around the edges and Misha was a little worried he’d just fall asleep standing up and fall over. He blinked tiredly, resting almost all of his weight on his friends. They should do the sleep thing in a bed before he passed out, and Misharan slowly and regretfully loosened his grip on Mylo and Kordi.

“Should prolly sleep now, I bet you guys are fucking exhausted too,” he said, slipping out of the hug before grabbing one of each of their hands and starting to gently pull them towards where the Healers were milling around, “I’m s’posed to check in with a Healer before I leave, but we can go right after that, yeah?” Misha asked, hoping they would stay with him. Some people didn’t like being around Healers, but Misharan really felt better having support there for him, and really hoped his friends didn’t mind getting dragged along to the Healer.

Thankfully, the Healer who’d treated him earlier wasn’t too busy, and Misharan managed to pull him aside to get permission to go the fuck to bed. The man agreed after giving Misharan’s injuries a once over and changing the bandages, offering to show Mylorah and Kordiavis how to do it as well just in case they ever needed to. He also confirmed that Misha could take baths, which was great, but he also said they wanted to see him in a couple days because they should probably stitch some of the wider lacerations closed, once the Healers could be sure they were clean and didn’t have sand in them. Less great. Misharan wasn’t looking forward to that at all, but at least numbweed and fellis existed. There would be time to think about that later, though, because the Healer gave him permission to leave (thank fuck) and get on with the slumber party portion of the evening. Morning. Whenever the fuck.

“I claim the middle, because I say so,” Misha announced on the way to the Candidate barracks once the Healer dismissed them, “Also cause I’m hurt and you’re not gonna tell me no, so ha, I win.” Misha wanted maximum snuggling, injuries be damned, because fuck if it wasn’t that kind of day. If anyone wanted him to get up before like, dinnertime he would riot.

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)