World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [C] 739.10.01 | Star Gazing
3:30pm | F'drel

R'dal
of Blue Edath

Date of Birth
21.11.721, 23
Height
6'2
Eyes
Brown
Build
Trim
Hair
Dark, longer

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
It was approaching late afternoon and R’dal found himself bored. He had hopped over to Ista to enjoy the beach with Edath for a while, visited some friends, and now wondered what he could do. He looked across the Bowl to where F’drel’s weyr was and shuffled from foot to foot in indecision. He wanted to see his friend but was trying very hard not to constantly pester him since the fishing incident. He still felt bad for all the things he had assumed and realising he always appeared, usually unannounced, and F’drel never came to see him. But he was already in Ista and he wasn’t going to do anything but visit, so it seemed safe to just pop on over, right?

Convinced this was a proper visit, R’dal and Edath made the quick glide from one ledge to another and found Halomirth wasn’t alone. R’dal stared at Zeianth, trying to figure out why he was there, then decided it wasn’t odd since Halomirth was super sweet and Zeianth liked to hang out with Rilaleeyth and Aveleth. He didn’t consider the possibility that D’hys was visiting with F’drel until Zeianth told Edath who told him that it was probably best he didn’t wander in and interrupt things he wouldn’t want interrupted. After staring blankly at the pair of blue dragons for several seconds, R’dal finally got it and started giggling.

“I guess we wait, then!” He flopped down on the ledge, which was admittedly getting a bit crowded, and debated a nap as he laid down on his back. It was a good temperature for napping in but he oddly wasn’t tired at the moment. The sun was out of his direct eye line though so it made cloud watching easier and R’dal took to doing that while he waited for an opening to sneak in and see F’drel. The thought of him waiting in line after he was likely having sexy times didn’t seem odd to him and really didn’t occur to him in that manner, not even when D’hys finally came out.

“Hi, D’hys!” R’dal smiled and waved from where he still lay on the hard ledge. The older bluerider gave him the oddest look and even gave a small wave back, likely from being too surprised by his appearance to stop himself. “I’m cloud watching and star gazing. Wanna stay and join us?” This seemed to be too much for D’hys to handle as he declined –though his eyes did seem to focus on him as if he was calculating something—and mounted Zeianth, no doubt having an interesting conversation as they left.

“Think F’drel will join us?” He asked both dragons, hoping the greenrider would. It was a lot more fun to have someone joining in. And he was now oddly comfortable and too lazy to get up and move inside. Even if F’drel didn’t want to join him –maybe he went right to the bath and didn’t even know he had more company!—R’dal decided he’d hang out on the ledge for a while, enjoying the company of the dragons and the view.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

F'drel
of Green Halomirth

Date of Birth
25.09.718, 26
Height
6'4"
Eyes
blueish hazel
Build
Fit
Hair
Dark brown

Threads

Written By: Zandelion
F’drel had developed something of a routine for after D’hys left; clean himself up a bit, clean the entire weyr, do laundry if necessary, and take a proper bath. He’d had it ingrained in his head that he had to get rid of all evidence after sex — a necessity if you were sleeping with men in the less tolerant Holds. Even more specifically, the habit was a result of being the personal drudge for a lordling who preferred men, which made it quite literally his job to do so. It hadn’t occurred to F’drel yet that he didn’t have to adhere to the same standards of post-sex cleaning in the Weyr, and at least part of it was wanting to get rid of any traces someone else had been there. He’d just finished straightening up the room when Halomirth gave him a mental poke.

F’drel, Edath and R’dal are here and want to know if you’ll join us on the ledge.

“Are you fucking kidding me,” F’drel groaned at the question, nearly just sitting down where he was in despair at that day. Halomirth, oblivious, kept talking.

We’re watching clouds and looking for stars! Did you know Zeianth and Edath know each other? Well, they’re from the same Weyr, so it makes sense, but I didn’t know that! My ledge is a bit crowded with three dragons, but that’s okay, it just means we had to cuddle a bit! Though maybe we could get a weyr with a bigger ledge in the future so we can have more friends over at once. Zeianth and his rider left though, so there’s plenty of space for you now.

F’drel mostly just let Miri’s chatter wash over him, but something stuck out to him, and when F’drel’s tired brain worked out why, he stopped in his tracks. Halomirth said it was crowded with three dragons, which meant R’dal had shown up before D’hys had left, which meant they each knew the other was there, which meant…fuck, he didn’t know what it meant. He was just about to the point where he didn’t care anymore, though part of him dreaded either of them bringing it up. Or maybe it would be worse if they never brought it up. Fuck, he didn’t know. F’drel just wanted this day to be over.

“Tell him I’ll be there in a bit, alright? Have to do a few things first.” Namely, take a bath. He figured he could put laundry off for a bit, but there was no fucking way he was going to hang out with a friend without a bath first. It sounded like R’dal had already been waiting a while, he could wait a bit longer.

He gathered his bathing things and headed off for the nearest bath. There was a moment F’drel considered having a nice, lengthy soak but decided against it. The sooner he got back to his weyr, the sooner he could sleep. Probably. Depending on what R’dal wanted. Sighing, F’drel finished up his quicker-than-he-would-like bath and returned to his weyr, grabbing a spare blanket from the closet and begrudgingly making his way to Miri’s ledge.

R’dal was blocked from view initially by Miri, but Edath was impossible to miss. He gave the blue a nod in greeting before rounding Halomirth to find R’dal. For a moment F’drel hesitated, leaning against Halomirth, before letting out a resigned sigh and dropping the blanket down next to R’dal and practically collapsing onto it.

“Hey,” he said tiredly, really hoping R’dal just wanted to nap.

R'dal
of Blue Edath

Date of Birth
21.11.721, 23
Height
6'2
Eyes
Brown
Build
Trim
Hair
Dark, longer

Threads

"Hi!" R'dal returned the greeting, smile bright as he watched F'drel drop down beside him. D'hys must have worn him out! He bit back the laughter that wanted to come out and instead waved to the green dragon. "I was just telling Halomirth that one of the retired dragonriders in Katila has been teaching me how to fish. He's going to show me how to cook what we catch sometime as well! Once I'm awesome at it, I can teach you, if you want. From the shore, of course." He didn't like thinking about that day more than he had to and didn't want to dwell on the facts that he had been inconsiderate that day and how he almost drowned his friend because he didn't know F'drel couldn't swim. Even if the greenrider learned to swim before they went fishing again, R'dal felt it was still best to avoid boats and stick to dry land.

Tucking his hands under his head, R'dal made a pillow like he had been doing on and off while he hung out on the ledge. His riding jacket was sometimes in use for it as well, depending on his comfort level and if he was moving around a lot. Currently, the jacket was just within reach off to the side. "I hope I didn't rush you with whatever you were doing. We've been having fun with the clouds, playing a game to see what could be seen in the clouds. I'm pretty sure the dragons are cheating and discussing what each cloud could be so they can outnumber me and win each round." He shot Edath a glare and the blue rumbled with laughter, but he didn't say anything to confirm or deny the accusation. That earned him R'dal sticking his tongue out at him.

"We were Star gazing, too. Most people don't believe me, but it's never too early in the day to look. Actually, I usually get looks like I'm crazy, like the one you're trying not to give me!" R'dal frowned but it quickly turned into a giggle as he continued on, "I bet we'll have an even better view when it gets dark! Oh, I mean, you probably will." He didn't want to assume he'd be invited to stay until nightfall, especially since he had already invited himself over and stuck around even after seeing F'drel was busy and now looked tired. He should really go now but would it be rude after possibly making F'drel rush around and come outside? Maybe a short visit then.

F'drel
of Green Halomirth

Date of Birth
25.09.718, 26
Height
6'4"
Eyes
blueish hazel
Build
Fit
Hair
Dark brown

Threads

“Hmng,” F’drel said eloquently, wrapping himself in the blanket he’d brought out to the ledge, “Fishing. Sure. Miri likes fish, would probably good for me to properly learn so I can get some for her. Thanks. If you ever have one you don’t feel like cooking she’ll eat it for you.” Halomirth nodded enthusiastically, agreeing that she would most definitely eat the fish. She’d been so very disappointed there hadn’t been any fish for her to eat last time. And more time with Edath and R’dal was always good! She liked them a lot, they were fun.

There was something about the cloud game F’drel couldn’t follow when R’dal described it. How do you win a round? Or cheat? You’re just seeing things in clouds, how is that a winnable game? He gave R’dal a confused look, not sure if the game truly made no sense or he was just too tired to figure out a simple game about clouds. At this point, F’drel would easily believe both. He started out of his confusion when R’dal said he was looking at him like he thought the bluerider was crazy. Which, F’drel sort of did think sometimes, when he was being particularly bitchy, but he was still hung up on how it was possible to cheat at a cloud game at the moment. He hadn’t gotten to being confused about finding stars in the daytime yet.

“It’s not crazy to look for stars,” he mumbled, giving up on trying to stay sitting up and just letting himself fall sideways until he was lying down. Shifting a little F’drel put his head on R’dal’s stomach, deciding that fuck it, he wanted a pillow and it’s not like R’dal cared. He’d probably be fucking thrilled, the weird kid. “Listen, R’dal, you’re welcome to stay however long you like, but I’ve been trying to take a nap pretty much since I woke up so I’m probably gonna fall asleep any second. Wake me up when you find a good star, okay? And if Miri cheats at clouds too much tell her we’re not gonna fish for her if she dosn’t play fair.” It was fine, it was safe to sleep around R’dal — he did it often enough — and for some reason he just didn’t feel dangerous. Probably cause he looked for shapes in clouds and stuff. Sighing softly, F’drel curled an arm around R’dal’s waist and waited to make sure R’dal didn’t protest to being used as a pillow.

R'dal
of Blue Edath

Date of Birth
21.11.721, 23
Height
6'2
Eyes
Brown
Build
Trim
Hair
Dark, longer

Threads

R'dal was thrilled!

As soon as F'drel joined him, he had wanted to dive into the man's lap for cuddling but was doing his best not to be needy and in his space constantly. But there F'drel was using him as a pillow! He knew F'drel was awesome the moment he sat down and shared his berries on the beach and this just proved it even more. They were comfortable together and didn't have to ask for such things, knowing it would be accepted. He was on cloud nine and oh, hey, didn't that cloud kind of look like a number?

No.

You lack imagination... but I guess you're right. This time. R'dal squinted at the cloud a moment longer and then turned his gaze to F'drel again at the mention of stars. Why would he look for stars during the day? You told him you were Star gazing... Oh! Well, he didn't mean actual stars but F'drel probably wouldn't believe him either like so many others. Then again, friends didn't have to agree on everything and it was better if they had their own opinions and what not.

"Well, that sort of stargazing is fun but better at night. I'm looking at the Star. The Red Star. If you're looking for it, you can sometimes see it during the day but it's brighter at night. Not everyone believes me that it's there already so it's okay if you don't." He didn't pay enough attention to history lessons to remember all the details about the time frame but if he could see it, didn't that mean Thread would come soon? Fighting the fires was scary enough, he wasn't sure he was ready to fight Thread and risk Edath's life like that!

"Anyway, maybe a nap would be nice." Mostly so he wouldn't have to dwell on the idea of Thread longer than he already had. Looking at the Star was one thing, thinking about what it meant, was another.

F'drel
of Green Halomirth

Date of Birth
25.09.718, 26
Height
6'4"
Eyes
blueish hazel
Build
Fit
Hair
Dark brown

Threads

“Oh,” F’drel said with a small frown. The Red Star. Despite being a dragonrider, he never really thought about it. Growing up, it wasn’t more than a legend that was brought up every once in a while to scare people. It had no impact on his life as a drudge in a Hold. Even now, it didn’t really mean a whole lot to him. No one seemed all that concerned about it, so F’drel hadn’t spared it a thought. “I’ve never looked for it,” he admitted, and glanced up at the sky, though F’drel had no idea where to even begin looking for the thing.

“That’s…that’s bad, right? If you can see it,” he asked, pretty sure that seeing the Red Star was not a good sign for Pern. Or for them, even more specifically. Fuck, he was too tired to contemplate this shit.

“Doesn’t matter just yet, anyway, and I bet regular stars are prettier to look at,” he said as he decided that was enough sky searching and dropped his head more solidly against R’dal and closed his eyes. “I’d offer to get you a pillow or something but I don’t want to get up, and I don’t want you to get up,” F’drel added, voice muffled from how his mouth was partially pressed against the bluerider, “so I hope you’re alright as is for napping.”

R'dal
of Blue Edath

Date of Birth
21.11.721, 23
Height
6'2
Eyes
Brown
Build
Trim
Hair
Dark, longer

Threads

F'drel didn't doubt him, which was nice, but he seemed just as shaken by the idea of it being there as he was, which wasn't as nice. He wasn't looking to be comforted but it would have been good to have his steady as a rock friend tell him it would all work out. Didn't F'drel remember being told he was safe and all that? R'dal frowned, mostly at himself for being silly and worrying about the Red Star and how he did but didn't want F'drel to give him a hug and say they had kickass dragons and nothing would get in their way. In fact, just telling himself that now made him feel a bit better and he easily tossed aside the fear and topic.

"We'll look at the other stars later then since they are prettier. You can see shapes and pictures in them, too!" He couldn't wait to show F'drel some of the patterns he had found and see what the greenrider could see. He bet Halomirth would find something fun! This day was getting better and better! He was going to nap and stargaze with F'drel and he got to see some family and friends earlier, even got to chat briefly with D'hys! Oh yeah! He had to compliment F'drel on his tastes in men!

"Before you nap, cuz I'll probably forget otherwise... you and D'hys, huh? I'm jealous!" Thanks to F'drel lying on him, R'dal couldn't wriggle about in excitement like he normally would and did his best to reign it all in. He helped distract himself by grabbing his riding jacket and stuffing it back under his head as a pillow once more, focusing on fluffing it up just right.

"When we were still Katila, I wanted to be like him. I decided to follow him around for a day to see what he did. I nearly died doing his morning jog. He runs forever!" R'dal laughed a little at his young foolish past self. Not that he'd do any better now if he tried the same routine. "I should ask him for help with my abs, though. I'm eighteen in a month and I don't think I can keep saying this is baby fat." He poked a part of his stomach that F'drel wasn't using and frowned at it. He'd been a dragonrider for years now and while his arms were doing well thanks to all the work keeping Edath happy and healthy, he was kind of lazy otherwise and his stomach was on the softer side of things. Good for pillows! Not so good for Wing training when that started up.

F'drel
of Green Halomirth

Date of Birth
25.09.718, 26
Height
6'4"
Eyes
blueish hazel
Build
Fit
Hair
Dark brown

Threads

He was already halfway to sleep as R’dal talked, humming vaguely at the comment about pictures in the stars. F’drel vaguely wondered what sort of bizarre shapes the bluerider saw in them before R’dal’s next statement brought him back to being awake. Fuck, why did R’dal have to bring D’hys up, F’drel just wanted to sleep and not think about blueriders.

Not that F’drel spent much time when he was properly awake thinking about D’hys either, but he was particularly adverse to it at the moment. He didn’t have any idea what to say to R’dal, either. There was a desire to defend his choices but also make clear that he didn’t actually like D’hys much, if at all. The whole situation with D’hys was very ‘damned if you do, damned if you don’t,’ and F’drel knew he was walking a very, very fine line. It had been working out alright for him so far, he supposed, and the new rules sounded like they had definite benefits for him, but it was about getting something without giving up too much, not — what, enjoyment? That was why most people had sex, right? Faranth, his life was fucked up. And he still hadn’t said anything to R’dal, and he felt like he had to say something, or it would be weird. Er, weirder than it already was. But he had no idea how to explain any of it without saying too much. His brain was too out of it to figure this out and it would probably be better if he just pretended to be asleep. But part of him, the part that he usually smothered when he was more put together, felt R’dal deserved an answer.

“Don’t be. He’s an awful pillow,” F’drel ultimately said. Which was true, though part of that was due to D’hys not generally allowing himself to be used as a pillow. Not that F’drel cared — snuggling with D’hys sounded too much like snuggling with a tunnel snake — but he’d gotten used to how clingy R’dal was that it stood out more than usual. And to his great surprise, F’drel actually kind of liked how cuddly R’dal could be, though his use of the bluerider as a pillow right then was the first time he’d properly initiated any cuddling himself. He may regret this later, come to think of it, but F’drel didn’t really care at the moment. He was comfortable, R’dal was warm and soft, and he wasn’t watching and waiting for F’drel to slip up and reveal something that could be used against him. “You’re still my favorite bluerider,” F’drel admitted drowsily, not really processing the words as he started slipping into sleep again.

R'dal
of Blue Edath

Date of Birth
21.11.721, 23
Height
6'2
Eyes
Brown
Build
Trim
Hair
Dark, longer

Threads

"Really?" R'dal smiled, though F'drel couldn't see it with the way they were lying, but it was bright and filled with genuine happiness. There were a lot of blueriders! Not as many as greenriders, of course, but still a lot and he knew he didn't stick out much like so many of the others. He didn't ooze sex appeal, didn't sleep around, didn't have an army of 'brats, but he was friendly and talked to anyone who sat still long enough. "I guess I am pretty awesome. Or you don't know many blueriders." He could fix that! Some of his closest friends were blueriders so he could invite F'drel over to meet some of them. Maybe next time R'dare came to Ista with him they could visit F'drel. He bet Halomirth would like Kadaisicalth. Oh! They knew each other! R'dal remembered the camping trip and how the adorable green had already won over the blues.

"Hard abs are probably like sleeping on rocks," R'dal admitted after getting over the compliment that stood out more and pulled his mind away from planning future visits and picnics.He was pleased that his softness really did have a benefit after all, even if only as a pillow for a friend. Maybe he wouldn't suddenly start running daily or doing a million crunches or whatever it was D'hys did to pass the time and come out looking hot.

"Still, I'm gonna label you as lucky for hooking up with that. He's hot and seems nice! The Weyrleader seems to like him as well so he must be a hard worker. I don't think I'll ever reach such prestige with a bronzerider, let alone a Weyrleader! Well, maybe T'ryn or N'mor since we grew up together and we're friends but that's kind of cheating, isn't it?" He realised he was babbling and with a light laugh, cut himself off. F'drel didn't need a history lesson on how he knew everyone! But maybe he'd invite F'drel along sometime when he went to visit the bronzeriders so he could meet them as well and see for himself that they were good guys and would probably still be nice to him even if they took over a Weyr one day.

When he didn't get a reply, R'dal thought maybe he really did ramble too much and it annoyed F'drel. He shifted just enough to try and see his face but Edath told him to settle down and explained the greenrider had fallen asleep. R'dal was a bit sad he possibly talked his friend to sleep but F'drel had warned that he was tired and wanted a nap so it was just bad timing. But that also showed how comfortable he really was with him. R'dal was smiling again as he decided that meant they definitely made it over the near-drowning bump in their friendship and everything was okay with them again.

"Wake me when he stirs, guys. I think a nap is a good idea." And if he wasn't too sore from lying on the stone with someone on him, maybe he'd get them food later to eat while they stargazed. As R'dal's eyes slid shut, he was still smiling, happy with how great his day had been so far.

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)