World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [O] 734.08.10 | Things as they are
9am | Open

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Archived
Today hadn't been progressing as nicely as Firah had hoped it would, in fact it was leading him down a path that held little but disappointment. Flexing his hands to keep them warm as he stretched out his neck, the Beastcrafter reflected on the events that had happened during and since the landslide. It had perhaps been for the best that he hadn't Impressed in the hatching, if he had he might not have woken up when the rumbling started. He could have even ended up in one of the huts that had been obliterated by the slide. Truly it had been an awesome force of destruction. Watching as he had, Firah was sure the fear he had felt hadn't been fabricated, that it had been a deeply primal response to the natural based destruction. His life revolved around nature and it was times like that where he was reminded just how deadly the wild can be. When the mudslide had stopped, Firah had been one of the first people to assist in the rescue process. He remembered pulling out at least a handfull of people, most of which were so deeply in shock that they couldn't tell him if they had been injured. He had to carry one of the men for they quickly found out he'd broken a leg and was unable to walk.

Firah shuddered. The faces of the people they'd saved had been a mix of joy, confusion, and eventually despair. It was not an ordeal that he wanted to go through again. Touching the side of his lip, the Hunter proceeded to breathe warmth back into his cold fingers. The upside, if there could be one in the wake of such disaster, was that the Weyrleaders had announced that they would be returning to the North. Even if the North completely rejected them, exiled them, or what have you, perhaps he could still escape. As long as he wasn't recognized as being in league with these people he should be fine no matter what happened to them. All he wanted to do was return to his old life. He wanted to hold his child, sleep next to his wife, and spent some quiet nights out in the Nabol woods. While Firah was bitter still about being kidnapped he held no true hatred toward the Rider who took him and the Weyr that sanctioned the stealing. Living with them for a few Turns had convinced him that while they were strict and demanding, they just wanted to keep the Dragonkind alive.

Shaking himself from his dreaming with a quick full body wiggle, Firah retrieved an arrow from his quiver. He had gotten up early to go hunting and had quickly been able to pick up a trail but unfortunately he wasn't able to locate the animal before it left the safety of the new Weyr's territory. While he prided himself as a Huntsman he'd forced himself to stay with in a certain radius of the Weyr for safety reasons if he was hunting solo. Coming back practically empty handed (he managed to snag a few small wherries and a treehopper in his traps) had put the Crafter in a bad mood. Knocking an arrow and lifting his bow, Firah took a second to aim before firing at his makeshift target. He fired three more, all four of them clustering neatly together in the middle. There was a little time before he had to go check on some of his duties and Firah was intent on relieving at least some of his stress.

This takes place a short distance outside of the Weyrfolk Complex.

PA - First Post!

TariLPCs

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By:
Weyrbrat Diolon

Diolon hadn't quite been himself since the landslide. The happy, chatty boy had disappeared in favor of a more subdued, watchful young man who couldn't take the world around him for granted anymore. People he knew had died, his rock of a brother was looking more shaken that Diolon had ever known, and the boy wasn't sure how to handle it. So in the manner of the young, he'd gone looking for distractions. If he ignored the changes enough, his world would eventually get back to normal.

Today's distraction was one of the Stolen candidates. Sometimes, a 'brat had to be careful about them, 'cause they were so angry they'd take it out on anybody. But Diolon knew most of them by now, and this guy wasn't on the list. Diolon had never been one to let a little danger bother him was something interested him either, and the man's target practice enthralled him. He did his part for the Weyr and went out on gathering parties with the other 'brats, but no one had trusted him with a bow yet.

He bet he'd be good at it, too- the best hunter the Weyr'd ever seen. He just needed someone to show him how.

"Wow!" The boy blurted out from behind Firah, blue eyes shining with excitement. "How'd you learn to do that? Can you teach me? I promise I'd listen, and do everything you tell me to." Well, he'd try to, anyway.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Archived
Despite knowing that someone was there it still startled him when the watcher suddenly blurted out a string of questions and requests. He twitched visibly before turning around to face the speaker. Firah lowered his bow as he inspected the boy. He was what, ten turns old give or take a turn? He was tempted to completely ignore the boy as he really didn't have to interact with every person who stumbled into his vacinity, but ultimately the boy was more likely to continue to ask him questions either way. Wasn't that how kids were? He didn't know, he hadn't had the chance to find out before he was whisked off to the Southern Continent. "I learned from an Archery instructor, and why don't you ask your parents to get someone to teach you if you're interested?" Honestly he had probably been around the kid's age when he had first picked up the bow, but he wasn't about to teach some random kid to wield a weapon without some sort of parental permission of some sort.

"Aren't you supposed to be doing chores or something? Its the middle of the day, you've got to be skipping out on something kid." There was always something to do for a Weyrbrat, especially now that they had begun constructing the new Weyr. He wasn't about to rat the kid out but he didn't want to get in trouble if the boy was supposed to be doing something important. He glanced at the boy before retrieving his arrows from the target, checking each one for damage before sliding it back into his quiver. Trying to ignore the kid's presence as he shot a few more times Firah finally sighed. " Alright I changed my mind. If you can get your Ma or Da's permission I'll give you a lesson. But don't think this is going to be an every day thing okay? I got a job to do and you probably got yours."

If archery hadn't been one of his two passions the Beastcrafter might not have even considered teaching the boy at all. But turning down a kid who looked relatively excited about shooting nagged at him. Conflicted as he was, he wouldn't take back what he'd already promised. With any luck the boy would try archery and realize it wasn't for him, which would save Firah all the trouble that came from being a teacher. 

PA - First Post!

TariLPCs

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By:
Diolon gave Firah's first suggestion that he get his parents to find him an instructor all the attention it deserved: none. Like most rider fathers, T'rel wasn't exactly a strong figure in his life and his mother would expect him to find his own teacher. She wasn't there to hold his hand and if he couldn't be bothered to get something on his own, he obviously didn't want it badly enough and he should pursue something else instead.

Firah's mention of chores brought a sullen glare. What was it his concern if Diolon was skipping out on anything? A weyrbrat knew how to do his part, learned it growing up here along with things like letters and numbers, and it pricked his pride that the man would say otherwise. And as a matter of fact, he'd finished his chores for the moment. He was allowed to take a break as much as anyone else.

"I know how to do my work! I don't shirk," much, "ask anybody!" Diolon protested, but the effect was probably lost in the beaming grin he directed at Firah. He was a bit confused at the man's insistence he get his mother's permission, but maybe it was a holder thing? "Thanks! Ma won't care- she likes things that keep me out of trouble. Just let me know when to show up and I'll be there." Even if he trade to trade chores with someone.

Diolon hesitated, trying to decide whether to push his luck. But it was his brother who'd gotten all the caution in the family, so he went ahead and asked. "Is there anything you could teach me now? Quick-like? Beginner's stuff?" Diolon fairly vibrated with curiosity and suppressed enthusiasm- his family would've been impressed that something could have gotten him to practice so much self-restraint.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By:
@Tashe

This is a necromancy tagging. Please view this topic for more information.

SP Team

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 500 Posts!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)