World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [C] 739.05.02 | Change of Plans
10am | Jalazmar, Xyliah

Date of Birth
22.02.707, 38
Height
6'2
Eyes
Hazel
Build
Average
Hair
Brown, short

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
Azrin continued to smile as the dragons appeared one at a time above High Reaches Hold. He had spotted his eldest brother on the first one to arrive and a moment of anger set in. Had the servant failed in serving the specially made wine? He knew which bottles his father was considering for the traditional post-wedding drink amongst the men and had tampered a bit with them, adding a little extra something.

Damn, but it would have been a perfect set up! Having his father and Jaetyn die at Fort Hold when he was all the way back in High Reaches Hold would leave him with his hands clean and an easy succession. Not that anyone would challenge him anyway. His family had been ruling High Reaches for more generations than he cared to think about right then. He wasn’t too worried about his youngest brothers, Gabrin and Jalazmar. He liked them both well enough and would have likely properly mourned them if they had partook in the poisoned beverage as well, but if they had lived, he didn’t see either one of them coming after him for the title or even revenge.

Shit.

As all the dragons landed, Azrin realised his father wasn’t among them and a quick scan for his mother showed her dressed in black and looking horrible. He also found the dragon she rode on was holding a long box; a rather father-shaped box. So his dad had died at the very least but Jaetyn managed to avoid the same fate. Which meant things might get ugly for him soon. Azrin had covered his tracks well from using an odourless poison to resealing the bottle in the same manner it had originally been done so there was no way to tie him to the crime. Jaetyn, however, would still suspect him and might retaliate despite now being the Lord Holder. Wouldn’t do to have the spare heir lingering around, posing as a threat to him and his sons.

He’d have to put word out to Aldra, the Lord of Ista’s heir and Azrin’s recent playmate, that it was time to relocate to Ista. He was sure his wife would love moving back to her home where they could build their own hold or even quietly usurp a lord and his family, slowly climbing up the ladder of Ista until he was Lord Holder there. It was a lofty dream but Azrin was confident. Then again, why rule when you could sleep with the ruler and reap the benefits? That sounded a bit better and with less work in the long run.

While everyone dismounted and collected their items, Jaetyn strode over to him. Azrin didn’t bother feigning innocence with just the two of them currently within earshot. He knew Jaetyn knew what he had tried but couldn’t prove it without seeming like he was jealous or paranoid. With a slow subtle grin, Azrin looked his brother directly in the eye and simply said, “welcome home, Lord Holder,” and walked away to greet his mother.

He was truly upset that his actions hurt his mother and he held her for a moment as she did her best not to weep out in public. They exchanged brief greetings and condolences as she quickly explained what happened. Why they hadn’t at least sent ahead a fire lizard with a message about what had happened was beyond him; perhaps they were all grieving too much to think about that or maybe at least one amongst them wanted to see his reactions to everything. Azrin felt he was rather convincing in showing his shock and grief, mostly due in part from seeing one of his targets still alive and then seeing his mother upset.

He left her side soon after the update and wandered over to his baby brother and the woman he assumed was his wife. If he was correct, then Jalazmar lucked out in the physical area of an arranged marriage, much as he had with his own wife. Azrin also hoped the kid found love with the woman so he wouldn’t be tortured and lose some of that spark of life that was always evident in the twinkle of his eyes.

“Little Lamb,” he greeted Jalazmar with a hug instead of the usual nod or handshake. The circumstances called for a comforting gesture but a hug could also be in congratulations and this one was a bit of both. “Congratulations on your wedding. Mother told me what happened that night. I’m sorry you had to go through that so soon after such a happy day,” he was sorry but not for the reasons Jalazmar likely suspected but at least he was being honest.

Azrin shifted his attention to the two women standing just a few feet away from Jalazmar, deciding the one dressed better than the other was the wife and turned a smile on for her. “You must be my baby brother’s wife. It’s a pleasure to meet you, my lady, though I wish happier circumstances brought you here. I’m Azrin, second son of High Re- oh. Well, I guess I’m the brother to the Lord Holder now,” he scratched the side of his head above his ear in feigned befuddlement, acting as if he was trying to sort out the news he had just received about their father.

PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Date of Birth
25.03.722, 23
Height
5'6
Eyes
Brown
Build
Hair
Dark brown

Threads

Written By: ThistleProse
Xyliah clung to Jalazmar’s waist as they rode the dragon, the young woman trembling in terror from the cold depths of between, feeling like she’d never be warm again, even when they finally reappeared, the dragon winging in the sky above High Reaches Hold. Still clinging to Jalazmar, Xyliah peered around him and down the dizzying heights to the ground as it slowly rose towards them. She was glad she was never sought after by a dragon; the whole flying business was making her feel sick in the stomach! When the dragon finally landed, she let Jalazmar take care of unstrapping her – her own fingers were numb from the cold of between, even through her winter gloves, and she was still trembling.

He caught her as she made a less than graceful dismount, and she curled against him as he held her while the rest of the passengers seemed to melt off of the dragons and appear as solid beings on the ground around them. She felt Yanzi join them from the beast she’d ridden in on, but Xyliah didn’t look at her; instead, she focused on the man who was striding towards them, and gently untangled herself from Jalazmar so he could greet whom she assumed was his brother. Once again Jalazmar was referred to as ‘lamb’, and Xyliah made a note to herself to question him about the interesting nickname when she got the chance.

“My lord,” Xyliah responded to the greeting, dipping into a polite curtsy, one hand lifting her skirts slightly though the other hand had slipped into Jalazmar’s; it was the only outward sign of her discomfort around so many people she didn’t know. “Xyliah of High Hill Hold,” she doubted the man or his family had heard of her home, especially before Jalazmar found himself engaged to her. It was a Fort Hold subset, and while large, wasn’t prone to fostering. Her father had been rather strange like that, preferring to raise his own children and without the influence of other people’s. “My sincere condolences for your loss. I am saddened I will never get the chance to know your father.”

With her eyebrows furrowed together in a frown, Xyliah studied Azrin’s face. He didn’t look nearly old enough to be the second eldest, but Xyliah didn’t really feel she was the best person to judge others on ages and often thought people were older or younger than they actually were. Maybe they had been born in quick succession like her own siblings, and he was only a couple of Turns older.

Date of Birth
22.02.707, 38
Height
6'2
Eyes
Hazel
Build
Average
Hair
Brown, short

Threads

Xyliah was right; he hadn’t heard of her Hold but he suspected it was in a decent enough position if it got her married to a Lord Holder’s son, even if it was his fourth son. Azrin took Xyliah’s free hand between his and patted it gently as he nodded at her kind words. She was clearly raised properly, it seemed, if she knew how to use pretty words and manners in such a situation. Assuming it wasn’t an act, he decided she really would be a good match for Jalazmar and wondered how his brother managed to get so lucky in what Azrin thought was surely going to end up being punishment for shirking responsibilities and being somewhat lazy for so long.

“I’m not sure how much of anything has been planned yet for the funeral, but your rooms are still available, of course. They will be cold, though, since they haven’t been used since your last visit so long ago.” Azrin teased the younger man as he pointed out it really had been quite some time since his last trip home. Not that he blamed Jalazmar when he was clearly avoiding marriage and getting roped into actual work.

“Come, sister, let’s get you warmed up. You’re likely not used to High Reaches’ constant nagging chill,” Azrin invited himself to Xyliah’s other side, looping his arm with hers so she had a brother on each side, “and I want to hear something happy right now so tell me all about your wedding. Did you receive my gifts?”

Date of Birth
12.07.715, 29
Height
6'1
Eyes
Hazel
Build
Average
Hair
Brown, short, curls

Threads

Jalazmar still hadn’t fully processed everything that had happened since his vows. There had been some laughs and good-natured ribbing between the men of his family, then convincing his wife he wasn’t horrible and they could take their time getting to bed together, and then they spent the entire night having amazing sex not long after thinking Xyliah would burst into tears at any moment. Then being told his dad was dead. It all seemed dream-like as he was certain he couldn’t have lucked out with a beautiful wife that loved sex as much as he did and then lose his father already. While he and Gabrin had come up with theories over what happened, they couldn’t prove anything and had to accept that it was just old age claiming another unsuspecting soul.

He felt kind of detached from the situation and Jalazmar wondered if that made him a horrible person. Of course he was upset he was down one parent and even allowed himself a few tears when he was finally alone to grieve privately, but he wasn’t as distraught as his mother and wondered if he should be. What did Xyliah think of him not being as emotional? In fact, they were still able to laugh the previous night and while it was perhaps a bit more subdued than the first night, they had enjoyed each other well into the night once more. He hoped she didn’t think less of him. He would miss the man but they were never that close and while it had an impact on him, it wasn’t that large of one. Not like with Jaetyn suddenly finding himself with a title and people to lead.

He dutifully helped Xyliah down from the dragon and was about to start the tour of his home off with a grand sweeping gesture to the front entrance but he spotted Azrin making his way to them and Jalazmar instead greeted his brother fondly, feeling a bit guilty for suspecting the man of plotting murder. He still fully believed Jaetyn and Azrin would one day try to kill the other, which was why he ran off to Telgar to see Gabrin, but Jalazmar just couldn’t see Azrin playing such a risky hand when he wasn’t there to control the situation.

Jalazmar gave Xyliah’s hand a light squeeze when it slipped into his and a small smile appeared. He wasn’t sure if she just wanted to touch him or if it was more of a comfort thing since she knew practically no one surrounding them in a place she had never been to. She had such a way with words; a clear voice that demanded attention, and Jalazmar liked that she was now his wife and looked forward to learning what else she was good at and her likes and dislikes.

“Lord Therion isn’t expecting us back right away. He expects us to take our time in grieving and I also plan on tying up any loose ends I’ve left here as well as packing up anything I may need now that I will have my own hold,” instead of loafing off of Gabrin where he hadn’t brought much with him. He wasn’t even sure what he had left here that he’d consider bringing to his new home but he was certain they’d find some knickknacks or mementos that would be nice in their home.

Jalazmar changed from holding Xyliah’s hand to linking arms with her as Azrin had. He didn’t mind his brother doing such a thing to his wife, knowing he was just being friendly and trying to get Xyliah to relax and tell him the stories he wanted to hear as they walked. “Ah, I can’t remember if I told you, but Azrin was the one that suggested the drinks we had that night. He sent a letter saying it would calm nervousness and let us enjoy ourselves,” and boy did they! “What exactly was in it? Perhaps we should all have some tonight before bed after the stress of all of this.”

“Oh, Yanzi,” Jalazmar looked over his shoulder to the maid that he already had learned was also a close friend to Xyliah. He didn’t question it or have any designs to stop it, assuming young women needed friends and it was only natural to make one out of someone you saw day in and out. “Leave the luggage where it is. Someone will be along shortly to bring them to my rooms. I want you to attend us so you know your way around the Hold should Xyliah need anything while here.” They would likely make their way to a sitting room to warm up with fire and drinks before going to his set of rooms but Jalazmar planned on giving a brief tour to show the way to the kitchen and any other area deemed important for the stay.

Date of Birth
25.03.722, 23
Height
5'6
Eyes
Brown
Build
Hair
Dark brown

Threads

Xyliah was rather charmed by Azrin, truth be told. He was attractive, his voice was nice, and his hands holding hers were warm but not icky with sweat or dirt. She smiled in mild amusement as he teased Jalazmar, before flashing a grin at being called sister and the acknowledgement that the weather was indeed cooler than she was used to. After the trip between it was positively mid-summer but Xyliah knew that feeling would fade and she’d be cold in the High Reaches mildness before too long. “Thank you, my lord.” She responded politely, dipping her head slightly in exchange for actually curtsying; her arms were rather occupied with lords and she didn’t want to cause a hassle.

A sly, sideways look was given to Azrin at his query about their receiving his gift, and a mysterious but amused smile flickered over Xyliah’s lips. “We did,” she said mildly, glancing up at Jalazmar and flashing a warm smile, eyes bright; she had thoroughly enjoyed their wedding night, until Gabrin stuck his ugly nose in it. She cast a dirty look towards where the other brother was, before being startled by Jalazmar calling out Yanzi’s name. A fleeting frown furrowed her brows before Xyliah relaxed at his request. She was glad he’d required that Yanzi follow them, the maid having been in the process of bossing around some young servants that had clearly been sent out to take care of said luggage. Xyliah tossed a wink discreetly to her maid, who tapped the side of her nose and smiled cheerfully before taking on a serious expression once more.

“The wedding was fun,” Xyliah said sincerely, turning her attention on Azrin with an expression of placid approval as she thought back on the day. “It was not overly extravagant, but Lord Therion was extremely generous!” Honestly, it was a lot more extravagant than Xyliah could have possibly expected before her betrothal to Jalazmar, but she wasn’t about to tell either man that. “Lady Kaylira and I have been friends since we were children, and her mother was extremely helpful as my own couldn’t be there for the preparation.” She did not give away whether or not that particular fact bothered her. She laughed suddenly. “The wedding is all rather mundane compared to our first meeting,” she said in sly amusement, glancing at Azrin to see what he thought of the comment before tossing a teasing grin up at Jalazmar.

Date of Birth
22.02.707, 38
Height
6'2
Eyes
Hazel
Build
Average
Hair
Brown, short

Threads

Azrin loved his rather innocent little brother. He knew calling Jalazmar innocent was a bit of a stretch but compared to the rest of them, he most certainly was. He didn’t even seem to realise what the drink may have contained, especially if he was asking to have more with the family later that night. He chuckled low in his throat as he contemplated the idea but shook his head, “I can whip up a batch if you like, but I think that drink is more suited for wedding jitters. I’ll make us something that will inspire more sleep and less… energy.” His fun had been had with supplying them the aphrodisiac before but Azrin didn’t think he wanted to be kept up all night listening to their wild times.

Azrin listened with all the appearances of rapt attention as Xyliah talked about her wedding. If he thought Jalazmar was too innocent, she definitely was. His brother was perhaps too trusting, but Xyliah radiated youthful naivety with such enthusiasm, that he almost felt bad the girl had entered their family. It was probably for the best that they were going to stay in Fort; Azrin was still considering the move to Ista himself.

“Is that so? And what did my charming baby brother do?” Azrin laughed at the way Xyliah played coy with teasing him with such a statement and had to play in to it. No doubt it was something to embarrass Jalazmar more than herself and while he had only feigned interest in the wedding, now he was a bit more honest in his curiosity.

Date of Birth
12.07.715, 29
Height
6'1
Eyes
Hazel
Build
Average
Hair
Brown, short, curls

Threads

Jalazmar shrugged at Azrin’s offer to make them something different. Despite some of the theories he had with Gabrin, he did trust his brother and felt he had more experience with drinks in general but definitely more so with what should be had when. After all, Azrin was married, had children, and sat in on meetings. Surely the man needed something to help him unwind or sleep sometimes.

He smiled at Xyliah’s retelling of the wedding, nodding in agreement to random statements. He hadn’t expected much, honestly. He knew it was essentially a last minute deal struck between the families and Jalazmar assumed his father would have had a witnesses there to seal the deal and sent everyone on their way. He didn’t expect an actual ceremony and feast provided by Lord Therion and far too much dancing into the late hours. Still, he had enjoyed himself and how it all turned out. If he had to be a married man, he currently couldn’t think of anyone else he’d like to be shackled to. Xyliah was entertaining and their interests were aligning rather nicely.

Jalazmar laughed when his wife teased about their first meeting, recalling that brilliant moment of not too long ago rather vividly. “Your charming brother was very charming. I handed her quite a few compliments… in a roundabout sort of way,” it definitely wasn’t his finest moment but it worked out well in the end and got them talking and spending a lot of time together that week.

As they entered the Hold, Jalazmar removed his coat, handing it to the drudge waiting nearby and then moved to help Xyliah out of hers. Knowing she was chilled from the trip and their climate, he took advantage and undid the buttons of her coat for her, a hand slipping beneath the warm fabric to give one breast a gentle squeeze before moving around behind her to catch the coat as it was shrugged off. It was a bit of playful teasing done in revenge for the way her hand wandered below his waist as they sat astride the dragon before he took off, forcing Xyliah to grip his waist properly for safety. She was an insatiable tease and he adored her all the more for it.

“I may have exclaimed that she wasn’t fat, old, or ugly. Her perky chest may have been mentioned as well,” Jalazmar laughed again as he took Xyliah’s hand and led her through the hall and down to the sitting room he assumed they would assemble in. When Azrin followed them in and headed for the tray of decanters and glasses, he knew he had been right and led Xyliah to the couch.

“Xyliah also thought Gabrin was a rude servant and doesn’t care much for him. Ah, thank you,” Jalazmar accepted the glass held out to him, just as one was given to Xyliah. It was a bit early for whiskey but he knew it would help warm them up as much as the fire being prodded further into life would as it blazed a trail down to their bellies. Leaning back into the soft cushion, Jalazmar settled in to trade tales and sip his drink.

Date of Birth
25.03.722, 23
Height
5'6
Eyes
Brown
Build
Hair
Dark brown

Threads

Xyliah, who had been struggling with her jacket buttons as a result of her cold fingers, smiling gently at Jalazmar when he stepped forward to assist her. When his hand slipped inside and squeezed her breast, her eyes widened and a flush coloured high on her cheeks, but a small smile tugged at the corner of her lips and she leaned forward to press a gentle kiss to Jalazmar’s lips before he took up the conversation once more. She laughed again as Jalazmar told Azrin what he’d said, and she squeezed his hand when their fingers wove together.

Settling herself on the couch beside Jalazmar, Xyliah sat close enough that their sides were pressed together, and she crossed her ankles neatly. Taking the glass that was handed to her with a polite smile, Xyliah wondered if she was actually supposed to drink the liquid; just the smell coming off the glass was enough to make her eyes water! Holding the glass delicately, Xyliah leaned back and against Jalazmar again, her free hand resting lightly on his thigh pressed against her own.

“Some people have no class,” Xyliah said, her tone uppity and uncaring whether or not the brothers she was with agreed with her or would take offence. She knew it wasn’t very becoming of her to make such statements, but she just couldn’t help it! He was such a distasteful creature! Her nose scrunched up slightly in disdain, Xyliah forgot the drink in her hand had smelled nasty and took a sip. Her eyes widened dramatically and it was only her own upbringing that had her managing to swallow the liquid and not cough it up on either of the men.

Xyliah handed her glass to Jalazmar with a chagrined look. “May I have some water?” She asked, turning her gaze beseechingly on Azrin; she hadn’t seen any servants and wasn’t sure if there were any pitchers around. Yanzi stepped forward reliably and raised her eyebrows in polite question of her lady’s brother-in-law, though she didn’t say anything and seemed to almost melt out of the background.

Date of Birth
22.02.707, 38
Height
6'2
Eyes
Hazel
Build
Average
Hair
Brown, short

Threads

Azrin burst into laughter at Xyliah’s obvious distaste for his other younger brother and wondered what Gabrin would think about finding a woman that didn’t like or want him. Likely pursue her still until she gave in, no doubt. Out of all of them, Jalazmar was likely the kindest and most innocent out of all of them – a good thing for his new wife – but Gabrin was mostly harmless as well. He liked to play and was typically better at keeping his toys intact and moved his pieces around with a strategy to keep them in the game until he was bored. As far as he knew, Gabrin wouldn’t do anything to his baby brother’s wife, even with uppity tone and comments.

“You’re right, my dear. Gabby can be pretty classless and there’s no need to waste fine alcohol on the Lamb,” Azrin plucked the passed glass out of Jalazmar’s hand as he got to his feet again. He had settled into the other couch opposite the one the newlyweds occupied but was quick to his feet when Xyliah reacted to his fine whiskey. He didn’t think the girl would be able to handle such a strong drink but it would warm her from the inside and he already concluded she would want to be a part of the club and join in on what the brothers did.

He tossed back Xyliah’s portion and walked back to the table with the decanters that wasn’t too far from Yanzi. The dirty glass was set to the side and waved to the assortment of decorative containers and the pitcher beside them so the serving girl would see the variety. He held up a hand to stop her from assisting this time as he currently enjoyed playing the host that liked waiting on others. Xyliah was amusing and he was having fun enchanting her with his charm and humour. Still, her maid was something to behold as well and Azrin couldn’t help but toss a comment her way to see how she reacted and if he’d be bedding her that night. “You look like a woman that enjoys riding stallions,” he commented leisurely as he glanced at her body before finishing the task of pouring a glass of water.

He brought the glass to Xyliah with a friendly smile in place before returning to his seat. “You should take the girls riding along the path while here, Jalazmar,” Azrin continued conversationally, as if his comment to the maid was a mere innocent observation that sparked an idea and not a suggestion to leave her door open for him. “We have a trail that runs along the cliff and overlooks the ocean. I think you’d enjoy the view,” he added for Xyliah’s benefit before sipping his drink.

Date of Birth
25.03.722, 23
Height
5'6
Eyes
Brown
Build
Hair
Dark brown

Threads

Xyliah felt rather validated by Azrin’s laughter. Yes, he may have been laughing at her, but he did agree that Gabrin was not particularly classy, and honestly, that was enough for Xyliah to be feeling smug about. Jalazmar’s brother was as awful as she thought he was, because his other brother had agreed with her, however indirectly. Xyliah flashed a smile, then laughed softly when Azrin took the glass of alcohol she’d foisted off on her husband.

With her eyebrows pulling together, Xyliah watched as Azrin wandered off to get her a drink. She’d been meaning to ask Jalazmar why everyone called him ‘lamb’, but it wasn’t something that was usually at the top of her conversational list when they were alone, and while pillow talk may enable it to be brought up, by that point she was rather focused on other things. She was about to voice her question, when she heard Azrin talking to Yanzi, and her maid’s soft laughter. Xyliah smiled over her shoulder, turning to look at her maid, as the slightly older woman replied with a deeply amused, ‘there are few who can buck me off.’ Xyliah, who had been paying too much attention to her own thoughts, had missed the original question and she turned to look at Azrin questioningly just as he included them in the topic.

“Yanzi is a really good rider,” Xyliah said, completely innocent, and missing the fond (if amused) look Yanzi tossed at her from behind her back. “Do you have many horses?” She asked, side-tracked from her questioning about the ‘Lamb’ nickname once more. “I haven’t been out on a good horse in so long!” Xyliah sighed dramatically, pouting, before turning to frown at Yanzi when the woman gave a strangled laugh, spluttering out an apology about swallowing water badly that Xyliah didn’t buy at all. She turned back to the two Lords with a regal toss of her head, curls bouncing.

“Yanzi’s up to something,” she said, quite firmly and with great disdain. She could hear Yanzi giggling behind her, but ignored her with the same regal airs as she’d used ignoring Gabrin whenever he was near her.

Date of Birth
12.07.715, 29
Height
6'1
Eyes
Hazel
Build
Average
Hair
Brown, short, curls

Threads

Jalazmar gave his brother a sharp look when Azrin was about to reply to Xyliah’s comment about not riding a good horse in a while. He could just imagine the teasing that would come from Azrin and he wanted to end that before it began. Xyliah was rather innocent still, at least in world views and double entendre. She was rather free with her body now when she was alone with him but he didn’t think she’d catch the way Azrin flirted with the maid and that was oddly endearing to him. He knew it wasn’t something she’d maintain for much longer, especially if Yanzi filled her in later on but Jalazmar was happy to keep her out of it and latched into her innocent question.

“She’ll fit in here nicely then. Someone is always up to something around High Reaches,” he shot his wife a smile, one that said it was likely nothing to worry about. “Last I was here, we had a decent assortment of horses. My nieces and nephews that are still here and not fostered out all learn to ride so we have a vast variety of temperaments as well.” At Azrin’s nod, Jalazmar took that to mean that what he remembered was still correct and he should be able to find the right mount for each of the in personality and riding skill. He himself hadn’t been riding for quite some time either, and even though he believed Azrin’s comment wasn’t entirely innocent, Jalazmar did like the cover up for going for a ride along the trail.

“For now, I think I should show the women to our rooms and perhaps wrangle up an early lunch for us. The time change is leaving me hungry.” Jalazmar finished the rest of his drink and looked over at Xyliah to see how she was doing with her water. He didn’t want to rush her but at the same time he felt getting the women acquainted with their new lodgings for the next little while would be good. Besides, his mother and other brothers would surely pop in soon and Jalazmar was done with family bonding over misery for the time being.

Date of Birth
25.03.722, 23
Height
5'6
Eyes
Brown
Build
Hair
Dark brown

Threads

Innocently reassured by her husband’s smile, and completely missing the way Azrin was silenced and the sharp look that caused it, Xyliah took a sip of her water, curling up closer against Jalazmar and feeling warm once more as the chill of both between and the cool temperatures of the area were fought off by Jalazmar’s closeness and the warmth of being inside. The blazing fire likely helped a lot too!

“That sounds good,” Xyliah said lightly, before laughing at Jalazmar. “Food would be amazing,” she grinned, pressing a hand dramatically to her belly. “I feel like I haven’t eaten for weeks!” How long ago had breakfast been? It really did feel like a lifetime ago! All the exercise she’d been getting the past nights likely didn’t help, her poor body wondering what was going on! A pretty blush lit her cheeks up, and Xyliah dropped her eyes demurely when Jalazmar looked at her, trying not to let her thoughts – and the images they provoked – lead her down such lines. But they were going to their assigned rooms and there would be some time before lunch arrived to… warm up more, right?

Xyliah let the glass be plucked from her fingers and stood up gracefully when Jalazmar offered her his hand, taking it and weaving their fingers together gently. She was probably a terrible person, thinking about such naughty things when they were visiting her new husband’s home because his father had died. She really didn’t think Jalazmar would be interested in a quickie before lunch, when he was probably trying (quite successfully, but she didn’t know him that well yet, honestly) to hide how distraught he was over his father.

Xyliah completely missed the way Yanzi gave a sassy little curtsey and warm smile to Azrin as she left, the serving girl clearly more than enchanted by the idea of bedding her mistress’ brother-in-law; the naughty thrill was intoxicating!

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)