World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [C] 739.04.20 | Proper Introductions
4pm | Xyliah

Date of Birth
12.07.715, 29
Height
6'1
Eyes
Hazel
Build
Average
Hair
Brown, short, curls

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
Jalazmar sighed as he flopped into a surprisingly comfortable chair in his guest quarters. Well, he was in Fort Hold. He was halfway to becoming a husband! That was so depressing. It wasn’t that he dreaded the idea of being married, just that it wasn’t his idea and he knew nothing about the woman. He was just expected to show up, say his vows, and consummate the marriage properly in bed later that night. At least he knew his last two proposed fiancées. Well, when they were barely into their teens, so did that really count? And then one died and he ditched the other by staying in Telgar longer than he should have. No wonder his father was tired of his antics and wanted him wed and tied down.

“Bet she’s old,” he mumbled to no one but himself as he sat alone in his room. A dragonriding friend, Z’rin, had picked him and his brother Gabrin up no more than an hour ago to bring him and his one trunk and two bags of belongings to his new home. Z’rin had left soon after the drop off and Gabrin was off properly introducing himself to Therion and playing ambassador for his father-in-law, the Lord of Telgar.

“Probably has sagging tits and maybe even fat,” he added to the lovely image he was creating of his almost-bride in his head as he stared at a tapestry hanging on the wall opposite him. Jalazmar was convinced his father had found him some aging widow as punishment for any embarrassment he had given High Reaches, though he really didn’t think he had blemished their name. Gabrin, on the other hand, could have shamed them into the ground if it wasn’t for the fact that he was sneaky as hell and charismatic.

Fat, old, sagging breasts, and likely with an army of kids from her previous marriage. Maybe he should have ran off with the cute tavern maid at the Whetstone. Although rumours suggested she had a lover and wasn’t interested in settling down again. Oh, she was a widow! There was hope! Though, probably not.

A knock on his door broke him out of his misery and before Jalazmar could say anything or get out of his chair, the door opened. He saw Gabrin enter with his trademark smirk before bowing as if he were a servant. “My Lord Jalazmar, your bride-to-be is here to see you.”

Jalazmar flopped back into his chair which left him facing away from the door and the woman that likely walked in after his brother. Poor woman likely believed Gabrin actually was just some servant. Did that make his fiancée dumb or naïve on top of everything else as well?

Best to get the shock and introductions over with before their wedding day which was only a week away. “Let her in and you may go,” he ordered to his brother without a glance, though he heard Gabrin snort softly in amusement as the door closed. He assumed he was alone with his bride now and Jalazmar wasn’t sure what to say or do. So he continued to sit there, preparing himself for what he was about to be stuck with for who knew how long.

Likely not long if she was old and widowed.

Small miracles.

PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Date of Birth
25.03.722, 23
Height
5'6
Eyes
Brown
Build
Hair
Dark brown

Threads

Written By: ThistleProse
Xyliah had been informed yesterday that her betrothed would be arriving within the next few days. A good thing, too, because their wedding date was looming, though she hadn’t had too much time to stress about who she was marrying, simply because she had been so involved in the process of preparing for it. Her gown had been pulled out of storage and hung to air out, before being put on and re-fitted, adjustments made, stitching checked, and jewellery decided upon. With her rich skin tone, Xyliah felt her cream gown stood out brilliantly, as did the mountains of pearls she was being decked out in. Her family had probably scratched bankruptcy to dress her so richly, but Xyliah was relieved, because she wanted to show she was worthy of a son of the Lord of High Reaches!

Kaylira’s mother had kindly promised to do her hair, and the day had been spent with Xyliah grimacing as the woman did her best not to tug too much on her curls as she beat them into submission. Several different hairstyles had been tried before all the women in the room had found a do that was unanimously agreed to be perfect. Xyliah had worn it for a couple of hours while they went over other plans, before it was gently taken out, her curls tumbling around her face and down her back in wild abundance.

Leaving her companions, Xyliah had made her way to the kitchens for a quick snack – since they’d mostly missed lunch. She managed to wheedle a couple of thick slices of bread and a bowl of soup from the workers, which she ate while listening to them gossip, before deciding to head back to her rooms to bathe and change before dinner. Leaving the women to their work, Xyliah was halfway down the hall to her own room, when someone called for her attention. Pausing, Xyliah studied the newcomer curiously. She didn’t know nor recognise him, but that wasn’t unusual. Lord Therion had countless guests at any given time.

“May I help you?” She asked, but all she got was a smirk and a tight grip to her upper arm. Too secure in her own position to be scared, Xyliah allowed him to drag her along without word, though she cast him several disapproving looks as he did so. When he lead her into a room, she faltered, her expression darkening, though she didn’t say anything as he took her inside, her lips a flat line. “Are you quite done?” She asked, shaking her arm free of him about the same time he let go to knock on another door. She scowled at his back, though surprise painted her features when she heard his introduction to the man inside.

Clearing her expression before the man turned back, she gave him a dismissive look when Jalazmar told him to leave, and walked confidently into the room, her chin held high and her arms to her front, fingers clasped together. Xyliah studied the back of his head for several silent moments, waiting to see if he would speak. When he didn’t, she gave her head a little toss and took it upon herself. “Lady Xyliah, of High Hill Hold.” She announced, her voice clear and without nerves; her features were neutral, but her eyes sparkled with some irritation at being ignored.

Date of Birth
12.07.715, 29
Height
6'1
Eyes
Hazel
Build
Average
Hair
Brown, short, curls

Threads

Jalazmar let out the breath he had been holding since Gabrin left the room. He knew he was boarding on being rude at this point by not saying anything or even looking at his guest but he still wasn’t ready to face the truth that he was about to married to a woman he knew nothing about and actually found himself to be afraid to find out who she was. He had painted such an image of her in his head that he didn’t know if he’d brought her to life or if she could even be worse. It never occurred to him that she might be kind and pretty. Her voice, however, even with the slightest tinge of annoyance gave him some hope as it was actually somewhat lovely.

As he stood, Jalazmar pulled down his shirt to straighten his appearance but he didn’t glance down to ensure he looked perfect for their introductions. He was confident enough that nothing was hanging out that shouldn’t be and while he normally kept a rather casual attitude when it came to appearances anyway, this time he wanted to make sure he seemed in control and pleased with how he looked.

“Lord Jalazmar, of High Reaches Hold,” he answered with his eyes closed and finally opened them as he turned to face his bride. And then he smiled. And laughed. “A pleasure, my Lady. You’re not old! Or fat!” Her breasts seemed fine as well but he somehow managed to keep that thought in check, but only just. It really was a miracle! He had a feeling that his father hadn’t met the lady before agreeing to the marriage because if he was angry enough with him for avoiding his duty for so long, he wouldn’t gift him something nice.

Then again, Gabrin had been the one to bring the woman to him and claimed she was his fiancée.

“Are you really Xyliah? Gabrin didn’t put you up to this, did he? Tell you to pretend to be my wife-to-be?” Either way, he had certainly just left quite the first impression on the woman. He gave her odd compliments and then doubted who she was. But right then, Jalazmar really wasn’t sure what to believe.

Date of Birth
25.03.722, 23
Height
5'6
Eyes
Brown
Build
Hair
Dark brown

Threads

This was not going well, Xyliah decided as she frowned at the back of Jalazmar’s head as he slowly stood up – he was tall! – and straightened his clothing. She smoothed her features into a placid expression as he finally turned towards her, introducing himself. His sudden laughter had her eyebrows drawing together. If she weren’t so confident in herself, she would have worried she’d spilt some of her afternoon snack on herself. As it was, she was quite sure she had not – confirmed by his statements – and she tilted her chin, which was jutted somewhat in anger.

“Well noted,” she said icily, quite disgusted, both with him – and herself. She was guilty of being just as shallow, what with being pleased by his dashing appearance as he obviously was with her own, and that irked her. It shouldn’t matter so much what they looked like, it was what was inside that counted! Of course, Xyliah wasn’t sure she’d ever have been able to agree to marry a hideous oaf… Luckily it looked like she was just getting a plain old oaf!

Xyliah’s nostrils flared at the implication that not only was she not who she said she was, but that someone would dare to impersonate her! “He most certainly did not!” she snapped, her hands falling from their proper place before her and settling instead on her hips as she glared at Jalazmar. “Your oaf of a servant called my name in the hall, then grabbed me by the arm and marched me here with enough pressure to bruise!” She hissed the words, quite upset now. “Not so much as a ‘hello my lady’! Then he shoved me in here and I get treated like, like, this!” Xyliah stamped her foot, in a childish display of her distress.

“I had been quite looking forward to meeting you!” She declared, her tone indicating that he should feel quite ashamed of himself for the way he had treated her. Her expression melted into a sad pout, and her hands fell from her hips.

Date of Birth
12.07.715, 29
Height
6'1
Eyes
Hazel
Build
Average
Hair
Brown, short, curls

Threads

An amused grin stayed in place during her entire rant. He stayed silent, only quirking an eyebrow when she said she had been looking forward to meeting him. Wisely, he didn’t point out he had not been excited about their meeting or their apparent future together. He also didn’t point out he had wondered if he could disappear in the Benden region and never be heard from again. Or seek asylum in one of the Weyrs. That idea had also danced through his mind a few times. But now that he was here, he was glad he hadn’t vanished into the night. He was already intrigued by her spunk.

“You are young,” he finally commented after witnessing her stamp her foot and then pout at him. She was likely barely marrying age with the display she just put on. He supposed he deserved some of it, though. He hadn’t really put his best foot forward in the whole situation and asking her if she really was who she said she was, wasn’t really the best opener to a conversation either.

“Forgive me, my Lady. I was told nothing about you. Only to show up for my wedding at the end of this month. I had it in my head that you would be much older than me and widowed,” he didn’t offer further explanation as to why he thought that. They were going to have years stuck together to discuss their families and all the quirks they possessed. Although, he supposed he better start with at least one of his brothers and his quirks.

“And that oaf of a servant, as you call him, is actually one of your future brother-in-laws. That’s Gabrin, the third son of High Reaches. He’s mostly harmless.” In fact, he was the one Jalazmar preferred to be around if he had to do any family bonding. He had, after all, fled High Reaches and his two eldest brothers’ scheming to go live with Gabrin.

Date of Birth
25.03.722, 23
Height
5'6
Eyes
Brown
Build
Hair
Dark brown

Threads

Xyliah frowned, “I’m seventeen,” she said, eyebrows furrowed. “My birthing-day was last month.” She was older than any of her sisters when they had been married, and so considered herself rather shamefully unwanted until the arrangement had been made to wed her to Jalazmar. Her sisters had had their engagements pending for them since childhood. Of course, she’d been in the same position, though her previous future husband had been in an accident that had left him paralysed. Her parents had called that off, for which Xyliah was selfishly grateful; she didn’t want to spend her life that way.

Regardless, she was preparing to marry the man before her now, and as much as she was still quite sure he was an oaf, he appeared to be trying to apologise. She eyed him thoughtfully for a few moments, as he went on to explain himself, her lips pursed thoughtfully. She supposed she could forgive him; knowing nothing would be so much more stressful! She at least had been told his name and that he was the youngest of the Lord Holder’s sons. Plus Kaylira had been able to feed her some tidbits that she’s gleaned from Lord Therion…

“… Y-your brother?” she squeaked, her entire face lighting up in mortification, her eyes going wide as saucers as she stared up at Jalazmar in absolute horror. She’d called a Lord an oaf, a servant, oh great Faranth take her between she was never going to be rid of the embarrassment that was flooding her very soul. “I am so sorry, my lord, forgive me,” she gasped, on the verge of tears and dropped into a low curtsy, eyes downcast and hands trembling.

Date of Birth
12.07.715, 29
Height
6'1
Eyes
Hazel
Build
Average
Hair
Brown, short, curls

Threads

Jalazmar had learned a lot about Xyliah in the five minutes he had known her. Most importantly, he knew her name which was a wonderful start. He knew she was younger than him by seven years which made him feel pretty damn lucky. He also knew she had a bit of a temper and would speak her mind which meant he wouldn’t be bored with her but she also quickly showed she knew to show respect and knew how to apologise as well. Oh, and she was rather attractive. For an arranged marriage, he was finding it hard to complain.

Considering they were to be husband and wife in a matter of days, Jalazmar didn’t think he was being too forward by taking her trembling hand in one of his while the other went under her chin to lift her gaze back to his. “There’s nothing to be sorry for, Xyliah. Gabrin can be an oaf at times… among other things,” he didn’t want to offend her delicate virgin ears with some of the other things his brother could be but he’d fill her in one day soon. “He enjoys picking on people that he knows will illicit great reactions. You should see my poor dear friend Khoemi of Telgar Hold. Gabrin lives to tease that man. They married sisters and sometimes I wonder if Gabrin did so just to see Khoemi’s reaction.” Gabrin had never come out and admitted to that but Jalazmar knew his brother didn’t like his wife and had a vast playing field. It just sounded like something the man would do.

Jalazmar led Xyliah over to the chair he had been lounging in only minutes earlier and urged her to sit as he knelt before her, still holding her hand. “Are you feeling a bit better, my lady? Would you like some water? Wine?”

Date of Birth
25.03.722, 23
Height
5'6
Eyes
Brown
Build
Hair
Dark brown

Threads

“I’m so sorry,”Xyliah mumbled softly, wide eyed and looking slightly out of it, still shocked by the revelation that she’d been so horrendously rude and that her future husband wasn’t yelling at her or throwing her away in disgust. She stared at him vaguely as he held her hand and tilted her chin up. Xyliah took a deep breath through her nose, trying to make her brain and body work again. He wasn’t angry, seemed almost amused even, and she tried to take strength from that. Honestly, she was sure she’d probably been in worse situations, but the whole meeting was so emotional she suddenly felt exhausted!

Xyliah followed quietly as he lead her over to the chair and urged her to sit. She didn’t want to be disrespectful by sitting, but was still caught up in trying to fix her error that sitting seemed the lesser of two evils; would she make him mad if she disobeyed? Xyliah’s eyebrows furrowed and she tilted her head slightly when she realised Jalazmar was now kneeling on the ground before her. Xyliah blinked.

“I’m fine, my lord.” She said softly lifting the hand he wasn’t still holding to brush her curls back from her face, taking another deep breath and breathing it out quietly. “I’m afraid I made rather a fool of myself,” she said quietly, frowning again. “I’m not usually such an idiot,” she promised, looking at her betrothed earnestly now. Xyliah knew there were women who were smarter than she, but she’d always get she had a good head on her shoulders and wasn’t prone to emotional outbursts. Well! Clearly meeting ones betrothed for the first time could be more stressing than anything else she’d been through in her young life!

Date of Birth
12.07.715, 29
Height
6'1
Eyes
Hazel
Build
Average
Hair
Brown, short, curls

Threads

“Then I guess we’re even. I didn’t quite present myself in the best light either,” Jalazmar laughed as he let go of Xyliah’s hand so he could make himself comfortable on the floor. He knew that wasn’t very lord-like of him, but he wasn’t really one to constantly stand on tradition or care too much about what others thought of him. He’d put on the proper show when needed but they were in his personal chambers for the time being and Xyliah might as well know she could relax around him. It was exhausting to constantly play at being respectable people!

“Since my brother abducted you, I hope I’m not keeping you from your evening plans.” He wasn’t quite certain what his own plans would be. Dinner, possibly even with Lord Therion, and then maybe retire early as he no doubt would have a full next few days with his parents arriving and getting ready for the wedding. “If I’m not, I wouldn’t mind you staying a bit so we can talk more.” They could start with mundane questions and move into the more important ones like why neither of them were married yet. He knew she had to be wondering about that, unless she assumed he was already widowed.

Date of Birth
25.03.722, 23
Height
5'6
Eyes
Brown
Build
Hair
Dark brown

Threads

Xyliah smiled, bemused, as Jalazmar settled himself on the floor before her. She was surprised by how relaxed and casual he was; her brothers would never have been so informal around her! She supposed that was because she was their sister, but she’d certainly never caught her father sitting on the floor at her mother’s feet! “Do you need a cushion?” she asked, her lips tilting into a playful but slightly wary smile as she tested the waters when it came to teasing him. He was certainly not appearing to be an overly serious man!

The comment about his brother had a fleeting furrow between Xyliah’s brows appearing, though the girl herself was unaware of the change in her expression as Jalazmar continued his line of thought and she smiled wryly. “I was simply on my way to my rooms to prepare for evening meal,” she said, twirling one hand airily in such a manner as to indicate that she had intended to take all the time in the world to prepare for said evening meal. She eyed him for a moment, before shrugging one shoulder almost to herself, and then continued.

“I spent much of the day being tortured by Lady Yanista,” she said, expression bemused. “As we tried out a few different hairstyles before finding one for the wedding,” she flushed a little, feeling that talking about the wedding with the man she was going to be marrying was forward somehow. “We decided on one, by the way, but not before I was sure the woman had made good on her attempt to have me bald.” Pouting slightly, Xyliah lifted a hand to her poor, abused head. “I don’t particularly care for wearing my hair up,” she added.

Resting her elbows on her thighs and her chin in her hands, she leaned forward, suddenly grinning at Jalazmar, though the expression was tinged with a playful naughtiness. “I talk a lot,” she explained, lifting her eyebrows slightly. “I do hope you’re not of a mind like my brothers,” she continued, eyeing him thoughtfully, as she modulated her tone. “’A woman should be seen, not heard!’” her voice was a rather amusing attempt at a man’s much deeper tone, her nose crinkled in distaste. She didn’t explain that she often went out of her way to be heard babbling around her silly brothers.

Before he could answer, she sat up straight and tilted her chin. She could take keeping her mouth shut, if it came to keeping things civil between them, but “I also have a cat.” Her firm tone made it quite clear the cat was not going anywhere without her. Or she without it.

Date of Birth
12.07.715, 29
Height
6'1
Eyes
Hazel
Build
Average
Hair
Brown, short, curls

Threads

“A cushion?” Jalazmar was momentarily confused until he realised she was concerned for his bottom and how comfortable the floor would be and chuckled. “No, I’m good. I’m older than you, but I’m not that old yet!” He doubted that even if his father knew how to have fun, that the man would never sit on the floor or anything that wasn’t plush and wrapped around you when you sat down.

He watched her with quiet amusement as Xyliah spoke about dinner plans, her hair, and talking too much all within a matter of seconds. He had to agree with her on that point; she did talk a lot! But she was good at it. She didn’t stutter or stumble over her words. She didn’t even seem to hesitate before speaking. She was either both very confident and thought quickly to match her mouth or she didn’t think at all and just rambled whatever came out and rolled with it. It was hard to say but given how flustered she had been minutes before, it seemed like a combination of both. She was confident in what she was saying but perhaps didn’t think it all the way through.

By the time she mentioned having a cat, Jalazmar was ready to start taking notes so he could answer her on everything she had said. He was certain he had it all, though, and took the chance to speak while she silently challenged him to say something negative about her cat.

“I would be honoured to have your company for dinner later on, and your hair is rather lovely hanging loose,” and it was. He could easily see himself lazily playing with it as they lay sated in bed after sex. Now there was something he could look forward to! He knew better than to even try getting her into bed before the wedding, already knowing enough about Xyliah to know she was far too much of a lady that knew better than to do such things, even with her betrothed. He’d just have to treat the next week as an extended game of foreplay.

“I can tell you like to talk and I don’t think I’d be able to stop you from doing it without using either a cloth stuffed in it or my mouth,” depending on how good of a kisser she was, that might become one of his favourite things to do, especially when he decided she really had been talking long enough. “Thankfully I enjoy a good conversation so I don’t see the need to silence you happening too much.”

What else had she mentioned? Oh, right, the cat. “And I’m happy you have a cat! Gabrin has one named Buttercup and to be honest, I’d grown rather attached to that ball of floof and already miss seeing her saunter about the hold. I was debating getting one of my own.” Buttercup was a spoiled cat that Gabrin seemed to love more than his own kids but she was friendly enough when bribed with treats and at least half of the bed. Cats were quiet companions that he were nice to sit beside while thinking or reading and he was pleased to know Xyliah not only liked them as well but already had one.

Date of Birth
25.03.722, 23
Height
5'6
Eyes
Brown
Build
Hair
Dark brown

Threads

Xyliah tilted her head slightly, studying Jalazmar quietly for a moment. “How old are you?” she asked curiously, since he’d offered the opportunity to do so, and she was genuinely curious. He didn’t look particularly old, but he also didn’t seem to be as young as herself. She had been worried in the beginning that she’d be marrying a man as old as Lord Therion, so she’d been rather delighted when she found out that Jalazmar was the youngest son of one of Therion’s friends… or something like that. She figured he couldn’t be older than thirty, but she had never really had the need to learn how to judge people’s ages, so she wasn’t sure.

“Thank you,” Xyliah flushed lightly, surprised by the compliment, for she had not been fishing for one, but happy with it none-the-less. Her blush amplified by quite a deal when he said he’d just silence her with kisses, and she dropped her gaze in embarrassment, even though a smile lingered on her lips, her heart was somewhere near the base of her throat and racing at the implications. Xyliah was not particularly outgoing when it came to the subject of sex, and even though she’d had fantasies about her life with her future husband, they had never strayed down those lines! She tended to shut down her thought process at the slightest notion of kissing, never mind sex! That thought, of course, caused her face to turn a bright red and she shifted a little uncomfortably as the conversation turned to her cat.

“Sunshine is a good boy,” she said softly, when she finally felt like her blush was fading and her voice would do as she wanted and not further cause her embarrassment. The four-year-old tom was quite content to spend his time cuddled with Xyliah, despite the upheaval that had happened recently in their life. She mostly kept him locked in her rooms with a box to do his business in, because she didn’t want him to cause hassle for her host, and she wasn’t sure if there were other cats – or toms! – around for him to cause mischief with.

“I found him when I was fourteen,” she said, smiling fondly. “I kept him secreted in my bedroom for months before one of my sisters discovered him and told Father.” She paused, frowning slightly in past irritation at her sister playing tattletale. “Father let me keep him, though. He’s been with me ever since.” She smiled almost shyly as she met Jalazmar’s gaze. “Would you like to meet him?” It would be a bit more forward than she was open to, to invite Jalazmar to her rooms to meet Sunshine after dinner and before bed, so – “Perhaps tomorrow after breakfast?” Maybe then she could spend more time with her future husband, and get to know him some more!

Date of Birth
12.07.715, 29
Height
6'1
Eyes
Hazel
Build
Average
Hair
Brown, short, curls

Threads

“I’ll be twenty-four in a few months,” Jalazmar answered truthfully, finding no reason to lie about his age, when the date was, or to be mysterious and not answer at all. He was certain at least one of his brothers would likely turn it into a game and either pretend not to hear the question or make her beg for the answer until the day finally arrived and then pulled the guilt trip on her for not knowing and getting him anything. He was all for having fun and a good prank, but that was bit too much of a long con for him to pull and it just felt a bit more mean-spirited than anything else.

“Sunshine? I hope he’s as cheerful as his name is,” he wasn’t worried; Buttercup had her moods and he was fine with leaving her alone when she wanted it and lavishing her in attention when that was permitted. “And how mischievous of you! Sneaking in a cat? So naughty,” he grinned brightly as he mock chided her, amused that such a well-behaved lady would do such a thing. It was hardly the worst crime he had ever heard of and found it almost adorable.

“I would love to meet your cat and that sounds like the perfect time,” again, Jalazmar was being honest. He had a lot of time to fill in before the wedding and spending some of it with a furball while learning more about his bride seemed like a good way to start. He supposed he should also tour Fort Hold properly and learn more about the region he was now going to call home. He had no idea what to do about his future after the wedding but leading up to it seemed taken care of.

Date of Birth
25.03.722, 23
Height
5'6
Eyes
Brown
Build
Hair
Dark brown

Threads

“Oh,” Xyliah murmured, unsure if she was more surprised by how young he was, or by how old he was. She was consciously aware that she was surprised by the fact that he was obviously unmarried. Everyone she knew (mostly family) had been married well before they were past twenty-one, and even then both her brothers had been married by eighteen – well, the younger was turning eighteen later in the Turn, but his marriage was arranged for the month following.

Xyliah had so many questions she wanted to ask of Jalazmar. Was he craft trained? Was that why he was still single? Or had his first wife died? She hated to think she was a replacement for someone he may well have loved, or who had possibly given him children – Oh Faranth! What if she was going to become a step-mum to some deceased woman’s children?! What if they hated her?! Eyes wide with her thoughts, Xyliah looked up at Jalazmar the same moment he called her naughty, and she stared at him blankly. It took his bright grin and continued comment for her to realise he was talking about her cat and not… something else?

She smiled slowly, expression relaxing, but no less genuine. “Father had his reasons,” she said softly, not explaining. Not yet, anyway; the memory of her gelding was still tender and she did not want to risk frightening her future husband by collapsing into tears by talking of the beautiful small horse she had once owned. Instead, she followed the conversation of her current fluffy baby, and her smile brightened at Jalazmar’s acceptance of her invitation. “Oh, I’m glad!” she grinned, eyes bright. She hoped Sunshine liked him! It would be awfully embarrassing if her cat peed on his boots or something!

Tilting her head a bit, Xyliah considered Jalazmar somewhat regretfully. “I’m afraid I had better go prepare for dinner,” she said. There was still a fair bit of time to go, but she was quite anxious to have a long soak in the rather large bathtub she had access too. It was so relaxing, and the oils they had provided smelled so delightful! She glanced at Jalazmar shyly. “Mother didn’t approve of long baths,” she explained softly, blushing hotly at being so forward, but she wanted him to understand that she wasn’t going to spend the next several hours fossicking through dresses for dinner. She tended to wear whatever she stumbled across that was also clean and tidy. She didn’t care for multiple outfits if she could avoid it.

“I hope you’ll excuse me,” She said brightly, standing up as her blush faded and she flashed a cheerful smile. “I’ll see you at dinner, my lord.” She waited politely for his goodbyes before leaving his rooms, making sure the door closed firmly behind her. Glancing at it with wide eyes, she bit her bottom lip before hiking her skirts up and making a mad dash down the halls to her room, absolutely giddy! She flew into her room, startling her childhood maid; throwing the door shut, Xyliah leaned against it dramatically as she stared at the slightly older woman, who stared right back until Xyliah managed to find her voice and request a bath be drawn, though she didn’t move for several minutes as she went over the whole meeting again.

Activity
Reading: 3 Guest(s)