World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [C] 739.02.13 | In Need of Fatherly Advice
11am | R'nd

T'ryn
of Bronze Syrendryth

Date of Birth
17.04.722, 22
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde, shorter

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
Ayyonth says the green pair are out right now. You’re safe to do your visit. 

T’ryn sighed with relief as he crept a bit closer to his father’s weyr. It wasn’t that he didn’t like B’jin and Larrikith, in fact he found them pretty fun and liked when they were around. But this visit was different. This visit was far more embarrassing than any before. This one involved needing to talk to his dad, alone, about some advice.

R’nd was both the best and worst person to come to, he decided for the hundredth time since landing in Telgar Weyr. R’nd was widely known for the attention he lavished on his lovers, the gifts he would surprise them with, and simply the affection he gave. But he didn’t with anyone long. Until B’jin, of course, but T’ryn suspected R’nd purposely didn’t think about the amount of time together so he wouldn’t freak out and leave. Not that he, or anyone, knew why he never stuck around a relationship for long.

T’ryn was starting to doubt the idea again but he didn’t really have anyone else to ask. His friends were either in the same boat as him or off in their own direction that he wasn’t sure he was ready to follow.

You sort of are ready to follow or you wouldn’t want to talk to your father.

True… but I don’t want to dive right in like some of them have. I’m not going to scare Casa away because I did something too forward or wrong no matter how much you wish I would. T’ryn scowled over his shoulder in the direction of Syrendryth, the bronze beast chuckling in his head as he peeked his head into the weyr B’jin and R’nd shared, calling out to his dad to let him know he had a visitor. Just because B’jin wasn’t home didn’t mean R’nd was decent for a spur of the moment visit.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

R'nd
of Blue Ayyonth

Date of Birth
09.11.703, 41
Height
6'2
Eyes
Grey
Build
Fit
Hair
Blonde, shaggy

Threads

R’nd was, in fact, decent. He had also been rather productive with his morning. He did his laundry while gossiping with his favourite ladies down in the washing room and then headed off to soak in the public baths to catch up with some of his fellow riders that were also having an easy morning. He was now clean, dressed, and sitting at the table eating some fruit much to Rell’s disappointment. He still stole pieces from R’nd when offered but it wasn’t the same as a meat roll, which R’nd promised to share later.

He nearly choked on his bite of apple when T’ryn’s voice caught him off guard. Thanks for the warning, Ayyonth, R’nd chided his dragon which earned a far too pleased with himself reply, Your son’s on his way up to see you. Your eldest one. You have three now after all. I guess I should specify more. 

Ignoring Ayyonth’s teasing, R’nd greeted T’ryn warmly and ushered him into the eating area to join him for fruit and drinks. While it wasn’t odd to have his bronzeriding son visit, it was usually planned ahead and not so soon after seeing each other. After pleasantries and small talk, R’nd finally deemed enough time had passed for T’ryn to find his voice for the reason that brought him there and asked for him. “So what really brings you by? I like you randomly visiting but you seem distracted and fidgety so there’s something on your mind.”

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 500 Posts!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

T'ryn
of Bronze Syrendryth

Date of Birth
17.04.722, 22
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde, shorter

Threads

T’ryn frowned as he was called out on why he was visiting. He also suddenly had an urge to sit on his hands to keep from fidgeting so R’nd wouldn’t notice that he was nervous and even anxious. How did he even notice such a thing had to have a reason behind it? He’s observant. I’ll be generous and say you get that from him. Syrendryth was likely right. It wasn’t like they had the perfect family where R’nd had helped raise him and knew him inside and out, though he was doing a good job of trying to since finding out he had another son and T’ryn appreciated it.

“Well, there’s this girl,” he paused to chuckle at himself for trying to be discreet but R’nd would already know exactly who it was considering he brought her to the family dinner not too long ago. “Okay, it’s Casa and I really like her,” he also really liked N’mor which added to his confusion and maybe even hesitation about moving forward with Casa which was silly because N’mor wasn’t interested in him.

“But I don’t know what to do about that. I don’t want her to think I’m just trying to get her into bed and then leave her,” T’ryn winced and gave a small apologetic look at R’nd, hoping his dad didn’t think that’s how he was viewed. “I guess what I’m trying to say is, I need advice on dating. Casa’s special and I want her to feel that way when she’s with me.” He was pretty sure he was turning red from embarrassment over confessing such a thing to his dad.

R'nd
of Blue Ayyonth

Date of Birth
09.11.703, 41
Height
6'2
Eyes
Grey
Build
Fit
Hair
Blonde, shaggy

Threads

This time, R’nd did choke on his fruit. He quickly grabbed his glass of water and a moment later he was fine. He had been expecting something like borrowing Rell for some nefarious deed or maybe a surprise that he was moving back to Telgar. R’nd hadn’t expected to be asked for love advice. He had never really given advice on that matter before and didn’t really have anyone to learn from either. It just came naturally, he supposed. He just treated everyone with kindness and made sure they knew how beautiful they were in his eyes and how important they were. 

He leaned back in his chair and crossed his arms over his chest, fingers tapping the other arm in thought. What should he say? How should he say it? “Compliments. If you think she’s special, then let her know it. If she’s good at something, let her know. Physical compliments are nice but don’t always focus on her beauty or she’ll think you really do only want to sleep with her,” he raised a brow at T’ryn but didn’t comment further on the subtle implication that that was what he had always done. It was true he used to have people that wouldn’t mind him popping in for sex, but they were still friends and while he knew some people thought it odd, R’nd always believed sex was something you could enjoy between friends without using each other or expecting more.

“You don’t always have to do something when you get together. Spending time together at home talking is just as nice as going out for a picnic when you’re with the right person. And don’t bring her a gift every time you see each other. It’s not that she’ll expect it, but it kind of loses its appeal.” Was any of this appropriate advice? Was this what T’ryn wanted? He really hoped T’ryn wasn’t trying to ask for more information on sex. It was one thing to teach that class when T’ryn was simply a Candidate and unknown at the time that he was his son, but to do so now seemed horrifying. 

Once he gets over his shyness with her, I say from what we saw of them together at dinner, he’ll be just fine in that area; like his dad! Maybe there will be grandbabies soon! Ayyonth started laughing in his head as R’nd tried not to look horrified at the idea of his current nightmares coming true. He wasn’t ready to be a grandfather! He wasn’t old enough for such things! It was enough that his sister had kids who were having kids. He didn’t want that yet!

T'ryn
of Bronze Syrendryth

Date of Birth
17.04.722, 22
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde, shorter

Threads

T’ryn nodded at every suggestion given as he mentally jotted it all down. It all sounded so easy! But when he was with Casa, everything shifted and he felt so awkward around her and that he wasn’t good enough. Not a peep out of you, he quickly added to his dragon before a snide comment could be made about Casa not being good enough for him. It was something he had heard a lot since they spent part of a Gather together before they continuously crossed paths until he asked her to be his date for a family dinner. He liked Casa and unless she tossed him aside tomorrow, Syrendryth was going to have to get used to the idea.

He could definitely do the complimenting part and he was glad he didn’t bring a gift when he first asked her out! But he’d keep that in mind, maybe bringing her something for special days or if he saw something that she would like. The idea of hanging out and talking seemed doable as well. They kind of did that at Benden Weyr, not that he would tell his dad they had gone against the rules and spent time together in an abandoned Weyr. But she was fun to talk with and that was part of why he liked her. He wasn’t bored when around her.

T’ryn was busy looking at his hands, trying to form the next question the right way, so he missed R’nd’s reaction to whatever was going through his head. “Thanks, dad, that really helps me. And, um… how do you know when she likes you just as much?” He didn’t want to make a move on Casa, assuming they were on the same page, and have her slap him and leave. They were both Weyr bred and sex was so normal to their culture that it didn’t embarrass him—when others did it. But him? He was worried it’d be the wrong time and place and maybe he’d be in the mood but not Casa and he didn’t even want to think about the details. She already knew he was a virgin and hadn’t laughed and ran off so that was a start!

R'nd
of Blue Ayyonth

Date of Birth
09.11.703, 41
Height
6'2
Eyes
Grey
Build
Fit
Hair
Blonde, shaggy

Threads

R’nd groaned inwardly as Ayyonth continued laughing at his misery. It didn’t seem like T’ryn wanted a refresher course on the mechanics of sex but it was delving into uncomfortable waters and R’nd loved swimming – both literally and metaphorically! “Trust me, you’ll know,” he tried to be vague with the answer but T’ryn’s hopeful expression, begging for a bit more information, led him to continue. Curse his boy and his need to know everything before proceeding with something!

“One minute you could be laughing together and the next you’ll feel the energy change and you’ll know that a kiss would at least be acceptable, if not more. Unfortunately I can’t give you too much more, T’ryn. It really is a feeling and taking a chance, sorry to say.” T’ryn really didn’t like being spontaneous, preferring to have a plan before proceeding. Being organized and having a plan and being prepared for every scenario possible would take him far in being a Wingleader.

T'ryn
of Bronze Syrendryth

Date of Birth
17.04.722, 22
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde, shorter

Threads

His dad really was beginning to know him well. T’ryn frowned again, this time at the knowledge that he wouldn’t have all the answers going forward. He wasn’t sure that he liked that so much of liking someone involved instinct and going where the tides took him. He wanted a clear sign! Or steps to follow, especially ones for an ‘in case of emergency, do this’ situation. 

He nodded, accepting the advice though he was still afraid to do anything with it. He supposed he really would have to wait and see how everything went with Casa before worrying about taking things to a more physical level. Still, he wished a timeline would exist where he knew after a certain amount of months or dates, it was okay to proceed to the bedroom.

But maybe some examples would still be nice, even if he didn’t want all the details this time. “When did you know you were really into B’jin? How did you know he felt the same?”

Perhaps he should learn to time questions better, T’ryn thought as he watched R’nd choke on his water before looking around frantically, likely for an escape route. This time, instead of only R’nd hearing Ayyonth’s laughter, T’ryn was included in it as he spoke to only the youngest.

Larrikith is going to be so sad she missed your visit, T’ryn!

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)