World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [O] 739.03.25 | Sun And Sand
11 am / Open

Ambrya

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By:
Come and swim with me!

Tesamyth's voice in her mind was cheerful and enthusiastic. Ambrya paused to watch her beloved dragon playing happily in the sea. She was quite a distance from the shore, her hide glittering rose-gold in the rays of the sun. It was such a beautiful warm day and she had not been able to resist riding Tesamyth down to the beach.

I told you already that the water is too cold for me. It will be another month or two before it's comfortable enough to swim in. The young girl resumed her walk along the shore, reveling in the feel of the sand and the cold little waves lapping around her bare feet. Her shoes were tucked into the basket she carried, into which she was depositing the pretty seashells she found. Her long skirt was pulled up and tucked into her belt so that it wouldn't get wet, revealing her long slender legs up to her knees.

I wish I had someone to swim with, Tesamyth sighed.

Scarlet is nobody? The silly green was winging around the dragon, occasionally dipping into the water and then soaring upwards again.

All she is interested in is trying to catch fish, but they're all too smart for her.

Ambrya laughed. The gold never tired of insulting the firelizard's intelligence. Scarlet was certainly not the brightest firelizard in the Weyr, but her antics were always amusing. Maybe some of the other dragons will join you soon. I imagine we won't be the only ones enjoying the beach today.

I hope you're right, Tesamyth replied wistfully.

F'drel
of Green Halomirth

Date of Birth
25.09.718, 26
Height
6'4"
Eyes
blueish hazel
Build
Fit
Hair
Dark brown

Threads

Written By: Zandelion
As a result of F’drel’s inability to say no to his dragon, the pair headed to the beach in the late morning sun. He’d managed to convince Halomirth to wait a few hours, before setting out; He had a few tasks around the Weyr to see to before he could justify gallivanting off to swim — despite the high regard riders gave their dragons’ desires, it was frowned upon to drop everything on a whim of a dragon, especially a green.

F’drel could feel Halomirth’s excitement as they approached the beach, and even before he laid eyes on another dragon himself he knew they weren’t going to be alone. The special brand of ‘about to see a friend’ emotions was clear enough through their bond. ‘Friend’ didn’t particularly narrow down who it was, since Miri considered everyone a friend, but at least it meant they were probably from Ista. Getting closer, F’drel could see the glint of a golden hide in the water. From this distance, he could only identify the color, not the dragon.

Tesamyth. Of Ambrya. Halomirth informed him. F’drel patted her neck in thanks and confirmation. The pair had been in their weyrling class, as he recalled.

Within minutes Halomirth was gliding down to land on the beach, careful to keep a respectful distance from Ambrya (She and F’drel had had a conversation on landing too close to people, especially people in skirts. Something about wings and wind? Halomirth hadn’t gotten the point entirely on that, but she understood not getting to close to people suddenly if you didn’t have permission). She let F’drel slide off before she headed over to the edge of the water, barely restraining herself from running in.

Hello, Tesamyth! She called, May I come swim with you?

Letting Miri go say hi to the other dragon, F’drel politely greeted Ambrya, though he stayed where he was, watching Halomirth.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Ambrya

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By:
Ambrya stood on tiptoe and stretched, reaching upward as if she was trying to embrace the sun. With her gaze turned toward the sky, she saw a green dragon descending toward them. Tesamyth's mood seemed to lighten considerably so she had probably noticed her too. It looks like you're about to have company, Tesa, she informed the gold.

She recognized the rider. He had impressed from the same clutch and they had attended weyrling class together. She hoped that he didn't remember that embarrassing incident when she and Tesamyth had been too reckless during a flying lesson and the dragon had been scarred. Ambrya would never forgive herself for putting her beloved gold in danger. She should have known better.

It's Halomirth!

“What is her rider's name?”

F'drel.

Ambrya thought it was sad that she couldn't even remember the names of her fellow weyrlings, but there were a lot of riders in the Weyr and she and F'drel had not had much contact with each other. He was considerate, though, landing far enough away that the backlash from Halomirth's wings didn't knock her over. It had happened before when dragons had touched down too close to her. She quickly pulled the ends of her skirt from her belt and let it fall to the ground, too self-conscious to let him see her long lanky legs, which had a few bruises on them from bumping into things.

Tesamyth answered Halomirth's question joyfully, her head turning toward the beach. Yes! Come on! It is no fun to swim alone.

When the greenrider greeted her, Ambrya strolled over to him, her basket full of shells and shoes swinging from her arm. “Hello, F'drel. Would you like to stroll with me while our dragons play in the ocean” She grinned teasingly. “Or do you plan on joining them? If so, you are braver than I. The water is freezing. I don't know how they stand it.”

F'drel
of Green Halomirth

Date of Birth
25.09.718, 26
Height
6'4"
Eyes
blueish hazel
Build
Fit
Hair
Dark brown

Threads

With a happy trill Halomirth plunged into the water and headed over to Tesamyth. The gold was a good bit taller than Halomirth, but that didn’t stop her from wading out to the same depth — thankfully not too deep!

Hello! Halomirth said, sending a few waves towards Tesamyth by beating her wings slowly in the water. The water is nice today. How are you doing? We haven’t spoken recently. We should, I think. She said, rapid fire as she bobbed in the water. Halomirth really wanted to get to know Tesamyth better, become proper friends. They had hatched together after all, why shouldn’t they be friends? It made sense to her.

F’drel nodded to Ambrya as she approached. He’d forgotten how young she was, and even younger at Impression. Not that he’d been paying much attention to her as a weyrling; he’d had Halomirth to deal with, and goldriders didn’t have much to do with the young greenriders as a general rule, F’drel found. So you ended up running into those from your weyrling class without ever really having met them before.

“I imagine they mind the cold less than we do, what with their ability to go between. It’s so cold there I figure the ocean’s comfortable at this temperature.” He shrugged. “Hardly comfortable for me though, so I believe I will walk with you.” He gestured for Ambrya to lead the way. F’drel didn’t want to interrupt whatever she was doing — collecting shells, if the contents of her basket were any indication — but he also didn’t want to be rude and ignore her.

“Find any good ones?” He asked, glancing at the basket.

Ambrya

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By:
Well aware of the differences in their sizes, Tesamyth waded toward Halomirth until she was certain that the green would be able to stand on the sand below the water. She was certainly enthusiasitic. I'm much better now that it's getting warmer. Do you hate the cold as much as I do?.

The young gold playfully splashed Halomirth with a flick on one wing. Yes, we should spend time together more often, Tesamyth agreed. She had a very easy-going personality and enjoyed interacting with the other dragons in the Weyr, giving them advice, calming them when they were anxious, and just having fun with them. So far, she had not met a dragon that she didn't like.

Scarlet ignored them, flying a bit farther from shore and continuing to dive for fish.

Ambrya watched all three of them for a minute before turning her attention back to F'drel. “Anything's warmer than between. They are happy out there. That's what really matters.” She smiled when he agreed to walk with her and resumed her slow stroll down the beach. “I'll be glad when it's warm enough to go swimming myself. Both Tesamyth and I are not fond of winter.”

F'drel asked if she'd found any good shells, and she plucked a few from her basket to show them. “These are quite pretty. I don't know what I'll do with them, maybe find some way to ...”

Her words were interrupted by a gasp as a slippery silver fish landed right in the middle of the basket, splashing water all over her. Startled, she dropped it and its contents spilled out upon the sand. including the flopping fish. Scarlet winged around Ambrya's head, looking quite proud of herself.

The goldrider sighed. “I guess she wanted to give me a gift,” she managed before bursting into amused laughter. “If you ever get a firelizard, F'drel, I hope he or she is smarter than my own.”

F'drel
of Green Halomirth

Date of Birth
25.09.718, 26
Height
6'4"
Eyes
blueish hazel
Build
Fit
Hair
Dark brown

Threads

Halomirth tilted her head, thinking. She’d never really thought about the cold all that much. Ista was warm, and she’d hatched there, grown up there, lived there, with only the occasional foray outside. She’d never truly felt the cold settle in her bones, and even the chill of between hardly registered to her.

I don’t think it bothers me so much, but I haven’t really thought about it before. She admitted. At Tesamyth’s agreement they should spend more time together, Halomirth excitedly started dancing around the gold dragon.

Yes! That would be fun!

While Miri pranced, F’drel leaned in to see the shells Ambrya brought out, jumping back in surprise at the sudden interruption by a fish. He smiled at her laughter, relieved she wasn’t upset. Some young ladies he’d known would definitely have shrieked and been disgusted by the fish, but F’drel supposed having a dragon quickly got rid of any of that sort of behavior. Feeding a dragonet required handling a lot of dead animals, and the rider had to deal with it. Ambrya certainly seemed fairly unaffected by the flopping, dying ‘gift’ from her firelizard.

“Unfortunately, I doubt they get much smarter than Scarlet.” F’drel said grinning, stooping to start collecting the spilled shells and replace them in the basket. “What do you want to do with the fish? It is your gift, after all.” He asked, gesturing to the fish. “Convince Scarlet to eat it? Give it to your dragon? Let it free? I think it’s still living…”

Ambrya

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By:
Tesamyth had hatched from the same clutch as Halomirth, but she didn't like winter. The weather was too chilly to swim and a cold breeze often blew into her weyr from the ledge. Contrarily, between didn't bother her at all. It was an entirely different kind of cold and was over nearly as soon as it began. Winter lingered for months. Yet perhaps the main reason she hated the cold was that Ambrya didn't tolerate it well. She felt sad when her beloved rider was shivering no matter how many furs she wrapped around her.

You are lucky that you don't mind it. I wish it could always be warm like today.

The young gold turned slowly in a circle, watching Halomirth as she pranced around her. She was serene while the green was excitable, but she thought that the two of them would make great friends.

Ambrya was too busy to pay much attention to the dragons. As F'drel had surmised, she was not the least bit disgusted that Scarlet had dropped a fish into her basket. She had never been squeamish and feeding Tesamyth when she was small and watching her feed now that she was grown was just part of life. And Scarlet had given her some other strange gifts in the past, including a baby tunnelsnake that had slithered under her bed. She had thought that she would never be able to catch it, but when it slid out, Scarlet had picked it back up and flown off with it, presumably to eat it.

“I think they're all smarter than Scarlet.” Ambrya bent down as well, picking up her shoes and plopping them in the basket along with the shells. Now they, too, smelled like fish, but no matter. They were old. If the drudges couldn't get the smell out, she could always toss them away. “Scarlet may seem an odd name for a green firelizard but I named her that because she has a fondness for all things red.” She grinned at F'drel. “Be glad that your hair isn't red or she would probably be pulling it all the time.”

She followed his gaze over to the fish which was flopping in the sand. "I think we should put it back in the water."  Standing up, she walked over to it, crouched down, and grabbed it by the tail.  As she rose, it twitched against her midsection and she fell on her backside, startled.  The fish slipped out of her grasp and back onto the sand.  Ambrya just sat there for a moment, staring at it, and then looked up at F'drel.  "I don't think I'm very good at catching fish," she laughed.

F'drel
of Green Halomirth

Date of Birth
25.09.718, 26
Height
6'4"
Eyes
blueish hazel
Build
Fit
Hair
Dark brown

Threads

F’drel laughed at Ambrya’s confidence that Scarlet was the dumbest firelizard. “You know her better, so I suppose I better defer to your judgement on her intelligence.” He turned to watch the little flit, still winging around Ambrya’s head. “I managed to never end up with one by sheer luck. Impressed less than half a turn after being Searched, and after that they aren’t so keen to give you one if you’re not asking about eggs. Though I will admit, I was curious about the name.” He said, switching his attention back to the goldrider from the oddly named firelizard. “Makes sense though. And, considering I’d look awful with red hair, that’s another reason to be grateful my hair is dark.”

He watched her attempt to pick up the fish, wincing in empathy when she jumped back. “To be fair to you, fishing is not normally done with your bare hands.” F’drel pointed out, laughing along with her. “Should I have a go?” He asked, already taking his boots off and rolling up his pants as best he could. He hardly wanted soaked boots over a fish. Footwear set aside, F’drel took a few steps closer to the fish. Very carefully F’drel reached forward with both hands to grab the fish, lifting it off the sand. It managed to wriggle enough that it slipped free of one of his hands, but he managed to keep hold of it with the other. Quickly he grabbed it again with the other hand, holding it awkwardly out in front of him.

“I forgot how slippery these things were.” He said, starting to walk towards the waves to make the most of holding the fish. At any moment it could break free and then they’d have to try to catch it all over again. As he approached the surf, Halomirth noticed him and came bouncing over.

F’drel! Are you joining us? I thought you weren’t swimming.

“I’m returning this fish to the ocean.” He said, aloud for Ambrya’s benefit. Halmoirth tilted her head at that, eyes whirling curiously.

Why? Don’t we eat those? She asked.

“Ambrya and I aren’t going to eat it now, and we have no real way to preserve it, so we’re just putting it back. If you really want to eat it you can ask Ambrya. It’s her fish, after all.” F’drel explained, really hoping he could just put the wiggling cold thing down.

No, that’s alright, if Tesamyth’s rider wants to put it back that’s good. Halomirth decided, still watching F’drel and the fish intently.

“Alright then.” F’drel said, looking back to Ambrya for final confirmation before releasing the fish into the shallows. It dashed off instantly, and F’drel quickly rinsed his hands in the salt water before returning to Ambrya.

“There we are. And only a little fishier for it.” He said, smiling. “Did you get all your shells back?”

Ambrya

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By:
“My father gave Scarlet's egg to me on my twelfth birthday.  I had been begging for a firelizard ever since the first clutch was found.  I impressed Tesa over a year later, and I think caring for Scarlet taught me a lot about taking care of a dragon.  Maybe that's why I impressed so young and at my first hatching. I was really surprised when I first heard Tesa's voice in my mind.”  She laughed lightly.  “You might have seen shock on my face if you had looked my way.  I'm not sure if Tesa or Halomirth hatched first.”

You should have known that I would choose you.  I don't know why you were so startled.  I could hear it in your voice.

Like I told you many times before, it is very rare for a girl my age to impress these days.  Even now, I wouldn't be able to stand for a couple more years if I had not been raised in a Weyr.

I would have chosen you anyway, even if you had just been watching.  We were meant to be together.

The young gold looked toward the shore in alarm when Ambrya fell on her arse, and she assured her that she was fine and that nothing was hurt but her pride.  “Go for it,” she told F'drel.  “I'm certainly not going to wrestle with it again.  It's almost as if it doesn't want to return to the ocean.”

She watched as the greenrider picked up the fish and headed toward the water.  “You're doing much better than I did,” she called after him, rising to her knees and gathering up the rest of the shells.  Scarlet stopped fluttering around her head and settled upon the sand, tilting her little head as she observed what her mistress was doing.

Tesamyth waded after Halomirth at a slower pace, gazing at the fish curiously.  Scarlet is stupid.  She should have eaten it instead of giving it to you.

Have you forgotten that she stole some meatrolls from the kitchen only a few hours ago?  I doubt she's hungry.

Then she should have left it in the sea.

Ambrya sighed. Try telling her that.

By the time F'drel returned, she had risen to her feet and was brushing the sand from the front and back of her gown.  The basket was still on the ground. “Thank you for putting it back.  I don't think I could have left there to die and Scarlet obviously lost interest in it.”  She grinned playfully.  “We both smell like fish now.  When we get back to the Weyr, everyone will wonder what we've been up to.”

Bending down again, she picked up the basket.  Scarlet launched upwards and perched on the pad on Ambrya's shoulder.  “Yes, I believe I got them all.  Shall we continue our stroll?”

F'drel
of Green Halomirth

Date of Birth
25.09.718, 26
Height
6'4"
Eyes
blueish hazel
Build
Fit
Hair
Dark brown

Threads

F’drel couldn’t recall seeing Tesamyth’s hatching; Halomirth was early to hatch, and even before that he hadn’t been paying much attention the the gold egg. He wasn’t going to Impress gold, so why look fuss about it? And once Miri had hatched he cared little for anything else in the area. Still, he wasn’t sure that ‘I don’t remember when your dragon hatched because golds have never been super important to my life’ was something to say will the gold in question was very much present, so F’drel settled for a noncommittal shrug.

Returning from the water, he nodded at Ambrya’s thanks and set about tying his boots together so he could sling them over his shoulder. “They’ll certainly know we’ve been to the beach.” He replied laughing. F’drel wasn’t really sure what else people might think. Stopped in at a fish market stall in one of the Holds? That scent probably clung for a while.

“Sounds good. You weren’t finished telling me what you were thinking of doing with the shells, if you want to keep talking about that?” He asked, prompting Ambrya to continue their earlier topic of conversation as they resumed walking, though F’drel did check that Scarlet was behaving herself every so often. She was so far, it seemed. Perhaps she had tired herself out fishing and would be content to rest on Ambrya’s shoulder for a while. Gradually he paid less attention to the firelizard and put more of his focus into the conversation, which, to his surprise, he was enjoying. F’drel didn’t generally ‘get along’ with the riders of metallic dragons, so to speak. He tended to be a bit to worried about what they might do. But it wasn’t like that with Ambrya so much. Perhaps because she was so young? Or maybe she reminded him of one of his sisters. Worrying over it was a waste of a nice walk and conversation, so F’drel decided to push it aside for now and continue discussing shells, dragons, and the antics of firelizards.

Halomirth watched the riders walking for a minute before deciding the drama was over, F’drel was fine, and she could go back to having fun.

Let’s go back in deeper. She said, butting her head against Tesamyth’s shoulder, not exactly carefully but not enough to really hurt either of them. They seem to have sorted things, so we can play.

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)