World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [C] 739.03.08 | Breath of Confusion
11 AM | V’ler

V'ra
of Blue Venseth

Date of Birth
05.04.716 AL, 28
Height
4'9
Eyes
Blue
Build
Slim
Hair
Dark Brown

Threads

Written By: ThistleProse
Indivara woke up slowly, curled across V’ler in a familiar way, their firelizards dotted around the bed. She could feel his slow breathing under her head, and she sighed softly, wondering what the day would bring for them. The night before hadn’t brought many words, with the pair arriving in silence, though Indivara had been unnaturally immodest as she stripped in the bedroom without waiting for V’ler to leave, and slipped into the old, worn and comfortable shirt she’d been using to sleep in for the past couple of Turns. Kicking her clothes to one side to wash later, Indivara had crawled into bed and promptly fallen into a deep and exhausted sleep. She didn’t know when V’ler had joined her.

Tempted as she was to stay in bed forever, Indivara was uncomfortably aware of how badly she needed to pee. Sighing dramatically, she slipped under the bedding and wriggled to the bottom of the bed, sliding off the end and out from under the blankets. Normally, she would have just crawled across V’ler, but she was feeling rather compassionate that morning (not to mention shy and anxious) and didn’t want to disturb him while he was still sleeping, especially since she wasn’t sure how late he’d stayed up and she was fairly sure he had probably been as exhausted as she was.

Standing up, Indivara groaned in surprised pain as her body objected to all the unexpected exercise it had gotten the previous evening. Scrunching her nose up, Indivara hobbled out of the room and down the hall to the closest privy, refusing to use the chamber pot – that was for emergencies, like when she was too sick to leave the bed, or needed to puke. Not because her muscles were objecting to movement! By the time she wandered back, she was feeling more alive and found moving easier, and she had a platter of bread, cheese and fruit to share with V’ler when he got up.

Letting herself back into the weyr, Indivara set the platter down on the table, and made her way back to the bedroom. Tempted as she was to climb back into bed, curl up and go to sleep, she instead rustled around to find something to wear and got dressed – once again oblivious to her lack of usual modesty. Pulling her hair over her shoulder, Indivara sat on the edge of the bed and braided it, smiling when Queenie chirped a sleepy greeting at her before going back to sleep. Glancing at V’ler, he appeared to be asleep still, so she sighed softly and made her way out of the room.

It probably would have been more normal for her to wake him up by some mischievous means – throwing something on him or stealing the blankets – but she was too confused in her own thoughts to act normally, so she picked up a sleeping Saph and made her way out of the room, cuddling the firelizard with distracted confusion. Setting the firelizard down on the back of the couch, Indivara curled up on the edge of the comfortable seat and picked up a piece of bread, picking at it aimlessly, some of it making it into her mouth as she stared sightlessly across the room.

2023-AugustBluerider - FemaleCandidatePA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

V'ler
of Blue Veeth

Date of Birth
21.08.707, 37
Height
5’10
Eyes
Green
Build
Average
Hair
Brown, shaggy

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
V’ler woke with the odd shifting of the bed and realised Indivara was crawling under the blankets to make her escape instead of her usual climbing over him. He didn’t say anything about it, though, deciding she was being considerate that morning, knowing he had stayed up later than her. It hadn’t been that much later as he didn’t want to be left alone with his thoughts for too long, but late enough that Indivara was asleep by the time he headed to bed. Since Veeth wasn’t panicking about him still being in bed, he decided he hadn’t missed anything important and fell back asleep as soon as the idea struck him.

He didn’t hear Indivara return and wasn’t sure how much more time had passed since his brief brush with consciousness but V’ler figured he’d better get up before he slept the day away and became nocturnal again. He preferred being active at night, finding his creativity flowed more then and it was just quieter. He had mostly been broken of that pattern though when he Impressed to Veeth and had to keep schedules that matched everyone else. Luckily, with wings not fully reinstated just yet, he had a bit more wriggle room once again for when he could sleep and enjoy his time alone but still tried to match more closely to Indivara’s since she had Weyrlingmaster training.

Quill and Vex greeted him with chirps as he sat up and stretched. Both little blues were given their proper morning greetings with hugs and a scratch under the chin before V’ler crawled out of bed. He wore only baggy pants – or shorts in the hotter months – to bed but slipped an equally baggy shirt on as he got up. A pair of socks was found and put on soon after that to keep the chill away. He’d get properly dressed later when he decided on a plan for the day but what he tossed on would do for going out into the living space and seeing if Indivara was around and what she might be up to.

“Morning,” he said with a stifled yawn that crept up on him when he saw Indivara on the couch. He ran a hand through his shaggy hair, wondering where he had left his brush as fingers got caught in a mess of waves. He’d worry about that later as well. It wasn’t like his hair ever got so out of control that it stood on end or ended up in one giant knot.

His stomach growled at the sight of the platter of food and V’ler realised it had been nearly twenty-four hours since he last ate. Coroth’s Flight had thrown off his later dinner plans and everything that followed it took his mind off the fact that he needed food. He made a beeline for the food, grabbing a slice of fruit to pop in his mouth before taking a slice of cheese and bread and flopping down on the couch beside Indivara. This was nice and normal and for being someone that was never quite seen as nice or normal with some of his quirks, V’ler was very happy to have normal right then.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

V'ra
of Blue Venseth

Date of Birth
05.04.716 AL, 28
Height
4'9
Eyes
Blue
Build
Slim
Hair
Dark Brown

Threads

“Morning,” Indivara murmured, looking up with a small smile as V’ler wandered in. His lack of being a morning person never ceased to amuse her, and that moment was no different as she took in his sloppy clothes and mussed up hair. Her lips twitched with a smirk, and Indivara busied herself with eating a piece of fruit, laughing softly under her breath before she took a bite.

“How did you sleep?” She asked curiously, shifting so she could look up at V’ler with a slight frown. “I had the weirdest dream.” Taking another bite of her apple, she chewed on it thoughtfully and flopped into him, curling into V’ler’s side unconsciously. “I dreamed I Impressed a girl dragon,” she said, frowning, the expression in her words. “I think she was green? We were fighting Thread, so I guess she must have been.”

She was, Venseth said mildly, talking to the group. She was pretty. I’d Fly her. Indivara laughed again, and shook her head against V’ler’s shoulder. “Anyway, it was weird.” She put the last of the fruit between her teeth and munched thoughtfully, considering the dream she’d had. She had never before considered what it would be like to Impress to a female dragon, she couldn’t imagine what it would be like to have another woman in her head, constantly. Flights were bad enough when Venseth gave Chase, she could not imagine what it would be like as a rider of a female dragon.

Indivara’s nose scrunched up slightly at the thought, but smoothed out as she glanced up at V’ler and grinned. “Thankfully I woke up and Ven was still very much a blue!”

2023-AugustBluerider - FemaleCandidatePA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

V'ler
of Blue Veeth

Date of Birth
21.08.707, 37
Height
5’10
Eyes
Green
Build
Average
Hair
Brown, shaggy

Threads

“I slept well,” and he did, considering how his brain wouldn’t seem to shut down from the walk home to sitting in the dark before finally going to bed. It had been a relatively dreamless night as well. Nothing out of the ordinary, nothing shocking, just sleep. He raised an eyebrow in question when Indivara said she had a strange dream and cracked a smile at Venseth’s input. If Venseth was interested in the imaginary green dragon, then there was no doubt that Veeth would be all over her, wanting to shower her in affection.

“Thankfully. I’m fond of his blue hide and couldn’t imagine you on another colour,” V’ler stated around a mouth full of cheese and bread. Man, he was starving! He reached for another piece of cheese and popped it into his mouth as he considered what it’d be like to have Indivara on a green dragon. She’d likely be more of a handful from the emotions coming from Flights and Veeth would no doubt adore the dragon but still feel the need to chase every other green as well. That’d likely lead to bickering. He was definitely glad Venseth was blue.

“The dream was probably just influenced from the Flight last night,” V’ler commented and then froze as he realised what he had just inadvertently brought up. Maybe Indivara would just nod and accept that as fact and not want to talk about anything that followed. He didn’t know how to put anything he felt then or now into words. For all his mastery with a quill and making beautiful songs or poems, V’ler struggled with expressing himself and didn’t know what else to say beyond ‘I liked it’.

V'ra
of Blue Venseth

Date of Birth
05.04.716 AL, 28
Height
4'9
Eyes
Blue
Build
Slim
Hair
Dark Brown

Threads

Indivara laughed, more at V’ler talking through a mouthful of food than what he was saying. “Maybe bronze,” she teased, looking at V’ler slyly from the corner of her eyes. She wasn’t ashamed or embarrassed about her dream to Impress to a bronze dragon, she still believed she was worthy of a bronze hide, it was just that Venseth had Hatched first and claimed her – and she didn’t regret that at all! The idea of riding bronze and being a Weyrleader was still appealing, though, and she thought she would have done well. As it was, her new goal of Weyrlingmaster was keeping her on her toes and learning a lot more than she thought was possible. Of course, now she was learning all about five colours, instead of focusing on those relating to blue.

“Probably,” Indivara said softly, picking at her fingernails as she chewed on her thoughts. She glanced sideways at V’ler, and then back down at her hands. She sighed softly, her shoulders slumping. “About that…” she said, lowly, “um,” her fingers started attacking the hem of her shirt. “I don’t want you to think, you know, that you have to, because you don’t. And I’m sorry,” she cringed, glancing up at V’ler with a hot flush and a guilty look. “Ven… I don’t, um, think he was trying very hard?” She paused, frowning, and Venseth butted in happily – I wasn’t! Indivara’s frowned deepened and shrugged slightly, still attacking the hem of her shirt.

“Well, when Coroth was, um, won, Ven sort of… I don’t know? Let me go? I was me before everyone paired off; I didn’t even feel any, you know…” She shifted uncomfortably. “I was, um, just going to go home, but um… You were um, right there, and um, I, um. I really wanted… So um, I … kissed you?” She cringed, shoulders creeping up as she curled into herself and away from V’ler, wondering exactly how upset he was going to be with her, but unable to keep the secret when she felt so guilty about it. She didn’t know why, she’d been Flight Mothing for years before Impressing, but she’d always been the one getting grabbed. She had never actually actively forced herself..? On someone. Even last time she had been with V’ler, he’d grabbed her, not the other way around. For some reason she couldn’t explain, that made all the difference to Indivara.

She wanted to say more, but she wasn’t sure what, so she settled on not saying anything and just waited for V’ler to kick her out… She had no idea where she’d go, and that was all kinds of terrifying in itself.

V'ler
of Blue Veeth

Date of Birth
21.08.707, 37
Height
5’10
Eyes
Green
Build
Average
Hair
Brown, shaggy

Threads

Indivara never stammered or fought to find her words and while it was a curiosity to be sure, it also kind of annoyed V’ler. He just wanted her to spit it out all ready! Not that he really wanted to have that conversation over his first meal of the day, or possibly even the last, but it’d be better than watching her struggle to say what she wanted to. He didn’t even know what she was trying to say because it didn’t sound like anything he had been expecting.

When he finally caught on enough to realise she had been herself after the Flight ended and purposely grabbed him for a kiss, V’ler didn’t reply right away and thought on that. It wouldn’t do to react on impulse with such a confession and he wasn’t even sure if he was mad or not. He suspected he should be he really couldn’t muster up energy for that emotion.

Instead he found himself amused by it and questioning his sense of awareness. Why would Indivara purposely grab him instead of any other rider in the area if she felt an itch that needed scratching by a man? He knew she used to be a Moth and it wouldn’t have mattered to her all that much over a partner if that were the case. No, it definitely was him as the target, especially since she wanted him to stay after he came back to himself enough to notice what was going on.

Why?

Oh.

Really?

Maybe! Would it really be so odd?

No, it wouldn’t be that odd given they’d lived together and shared the same bed for turns and got along surprisingly well. That was why he never really thought about it any deeper than that. They got along and didn’t seem to need anything more from the other so V’ler never allowed his thoughts to wander in that direction. Until last night when he saw the way she looked at him and his own emotions began to surface. It was oddly pleasant. Everything seemed a bit odd that morning.

“So?” V’ler finally spoke and shrugged at the same time while studying the board of food and what he wanted to grab next. Another cheese and bread combo was created and he munched on it, already starting to feel more alive with some food in his belly.

“It worked out well, didn’t it?” He questioned with a glance at Indivara and frowned at the way she seemed to be trying to merge with the couch and get away from him. Or maybe it hadn’t worked out well? I think she’s worried you wouldn’t be happy, Veeth pointed out, a little worried himself at the idea that they’re happy little group might not be so happy now.

It wasn’t like she really used him, not to his way of thinking.

He was bonded to Veeth. They’d been together now nearly eight turns and V’ler had a lot of practice of Flights and the lust that came with it. A good portion of the time he could shake it enough to find his way home without grabbing anyone and he had a vague memory of Indivara grabbing him first before the shock and desire for her knocked him back into Veeth’s grasp. Which he decided Indivara needed to hear unless he wanted to deal with her guilt forever. “I remember the kiss. I was myself enough to be aware of it and my piqued interest from it made me lose control and send me back into Veeth’s lust. When I came into my own mind, I was the one that was worried I overstepped.”

He shrugged once more, finished his bread, and went for a piece of fruit as a pallet cleanser. “If it takes a Flight to open up eyes, then it worked out well,” he glanced back at Indivara as he repeated his earlier statement, studying her for a moment but he found she was being difficult to read in that moment. Too many emotions to find the right one. “Didn’t it?”

V'ra
of Blue Venseth

Date of Birth
05.04.716 AL, 28
Height
4'9
Eyes
Blue
Build
Slim
Hair
Dark Brown

Threads

Indivara slowly uncurled at V’ler’s casual question, her expression morphing from fear to confusion and then into irritation. He apparently was neither angry nor kicking her out, which was a relief. However, that allowed Indivara to feel a whole other scale of emotions as she watched V’ler continue to stuff his face as he talked. Indivara, who hadn’t been able to do more than pick at her food all morning, was absolutely livid at his apparent complete lack of concern about anything – what they’d done, what she’d said, what he had apparently felt (or not felt!) and he was still eating?! Scowling, Indivara untucked her legs and kicked V’ler as hard as she could in the shin.

“Would you stop?!” She demanded, waving a hand at the food, her voice slightly higher than normal with the touch of a hysterical air. She wasn’t coping with her own thoughts or emotions and his Val-ness wasn’t helping. Why did he have to be so fucking stoic all the time?! Did he even know how to emote?! Which wasn’t fair, because she remembered his expressions when they were in C’dhin’s bed and she’d seen him emotional before. But that only made her angrier because why wasn’t he showing any fucking emotions now?!

She couldn’t read him, and that fed her worries once more; was he saying the things he was because he actually meant them, or was he picking his battle and letting her win this one? She didn’t want to win because that meant someone was losing and ad much as Indivara loved winning she knew enough about herself and life to know that wasn’t the type of relationship she wanted to invest in. If it was, she would have hooked up with some simpering greenrider, not found herself absolutely infatuated with one of the very few people she considered not only a friend but her equal in wit and snark and attitude. He made life fun and she loved their games as much as their easy companionable silences.

“What do you want?!” She finally demanded, almost begging as she stared up at him, but the fierce expression on her face and the fire in her eyes dared him to be coy or mock her. She wouldn’t let him dodge and she wanted flat facts, no interpretable words that wouldn’t keep things on the same page for them both. She could live with whatever he wanted, so long as he didn’t try to cop out by giving her what she wanted, if he didn’t want it too. She’d rather pine for him, than have him when he didn’t care for her like she wanted. Needed?

V'ler
of Blue Veeth

Date of Birth
21.08.707, 37
Height
5’10
Eyes
Green
Build
Average
Hair
Brown, shaggy

Threads

V’ler almost choked on the bite of food in his mouth when Indivara kicked him. What the hell did he do to deserve that? She received a glare for it as he rubbed his shin, wondering what he was supposed to stop. Stop talking? Stop eating? That seemed more likely and he frowned at the tray. If she didn’t want him to eat, then she shouldn’t have put food out. It was a pretty easy concept to follow. Still, he finished what he had and crossed his arms to keep his hands tucked away.

“I want to eat. I haven’t done that in nearly twenty-four hours and I’m finally hungry again,” he shot back, annoyed at the kick still. He knew what she meant and wasn’t going to answer seriously right away just to further aggravate her. He stared her down for a moment, almost daring her to have a hissy fit over his avoidance of the question but before she could, he decided to just get it over with and say what was on his mind.

“I don’t know what I want. I don’t know what you want since you haven’t said anything more than you purposely kissed me and then didn’t want me to leave last night.” V’ler was smart enough to read between the lines in most situations and in this case, he felt like he could draw the right conclusion but since it affected him so much, he wasn’t really sure he wanted to risk the guess that Indivara might be on the same wave length as him.

“I liked last night, okay? I liked the way you moaned because of something I did just as much as I liked the way we connected and complemented each other so well. Quite honestly, that scares the shit out of me because I’ve never felt something like that for anyone before and I don’t know what you think about it or what it means for us now.” It was probably the most he had ever really said in one go and definitely the most revealing thing he had ever said but V’ler decided he wasn’t awake enough to keep beating around the bush and spending a day or a month dancing around the issue as they both pretended everything was okay and nothing changed. Something had changed and they were going to address it before it drove at least him crazy.

V'ra
of Blue Venseth

Date of Birth
05.04.716 AL, 28
Height
4'9
Eyes
Blue
Build
Slim
Hair
Dark Brown

Threads

“Neither have I!” Indivara snapped back, scowling blackly at V’ler as he clearly taunted her. It made her blood boil, but showing remarkable restraint, Indivara didn’t fly into a fit of rage; she swallowed her desire to both start hitting V’ler, or screech at him how much she hated him. Neither of those things were going to get the result she wanted, though at the moment, she figured they’d be a wonderful way to release the pent up stress and emotion. Instead, her lips flattened into a line and her eyes narrowed angrily. If looks could make people combust, no doubt V’ler would have been very much a pile of cremated dust.

Indivara’s blood pressure rose by no small amount when V’ler said he didn’t know what he wanted, and she very clearly took a breath to come back at him with a response to that, before he continued and she released it in a violent snort, her nose scrunching up and her face heating in an outraged flush. She heard him out, still staring at him, her eyes wide and her lips pursed. When he finally finished, she took a moment, breathing in deeply through her nose in what was clearly an attempt not to blow her top. In the end, it didn’t work very well, and she threw herself off the couch and stalked across the room, pacing.

“You are infuriating!” She ground out, spinning around to glare at V’ler with her hands on her hips. Her left foot tapped rapidly on the ground, bare toes against the rug making no real noise. “I’ve been living with you for Turns! I kiss you all the time! I hold your hand all the time!! I hug you all the time! I cuddle you every damn night! And you don’t know what I want?!” The fact that Indivara herself had only put the pieces together that morning as she sat picking at her breakfast was completely irrelevant and V’ler did not need to know that.

“You’re supposed to be smart!” she hissed, throwing her arms up in the air. Honestly, she was shocked he seemed so surprised by everything. Then again, looking back was always a lot clearer than looking forward. But again he was supposed to be smart! “I want you you Faranth toasted idiot!” She threw her arms out, exasperated more than anything else, now that her anger had abated as she paced and raged. She ignored Venseth’s high amusement at her chosen insult.

Rubbing her face with both hands, and then over the top of her hair, Indivara stared at V’ler sadly. “Faranth, Val.” She sighed, shoulders slumping. Walking quietly, she came back around the table and flopped onto the couch, perhaps not as close as she would normally have sat, but not any great distance away, either. “I don’t know what it means,” she breathed, staring at her lap instead of looking at him. She glanced up, her eyebrows furrowed and eyes worried. “I’ve made a mess of everything, haven’t I?”

V'ler
of Blue Veeth

Date of Birth
21.08.707, 37
Height
5’10
Eyes
Green
Build
Average
Hair
Brown, shaggy

Threads

Made a mess of everything? Yes, she certainly had. “If you insult my intelligence again, then there will be a mess.” He had bared his soul to her, sharing what he felt when he never did such things and ended up being insulted for it. He suspected if he ever did such a thing again it would be a long time in coming as it currently proved it only served to hurt and upset him.

Quite honestly, he still didn’t know what she wanted. Since the first time she stole his bed, she had cuddled up against him. The kisses were quick pecks to the lips or cheeks. Hugs and hand holding were normal amongst friends. In A Weyr, especially those born to it, all of her actions didn’t mean much more than friends or sometimes friends with benefits. R’nd wasn’t even born to it and he certainly did all of those things with everyone he walked by. It wasn’t like Indivara was really giving off clear signs until last night and even then it left him, both of them apparently, confused.

V’ler sighed, really wanting to eat that slice of apple that was sitting alone on the platter. He’d already been kicked for eating and insulted for sharing his feelings. He wasn’t sure he wanted to do either again. So he got up and then just stood there a moment.

Fuck it.

He swung around and planted both hands on the couch to either side of Indivara so their heads were inches apart. “Why do I even like you? You kick me because you don’t like that I’m hungry. You call me stupid because you don’t like what I have to say and I assumed normal actions for a Weyr were exactly that. You actually even seem angry because I wasn’t angry at your confession of purposely kissing me last night. It didn’t bother me then and it doesn’t bother me now. And do you want to know what it all means?” V’ler leaned in closer, voice going a bit lower as he continued to suppress his frustration over everything. He didn’t want to keep talking, didn’t want to have this conversation at all, and didn’t want to keep thinking about. But he was stuck in it and he had thought about it last night and since getting yelled at and he was ready to accept the truth and Indivara was damn well going to as well.

“It means we finally fell for the lie we let everyone believe.” They hadn’t started the lie, just never corrected it when people started to talk about their relationship and assumed they were mated. It worked for them for a multitude of reasons and they let it be. “We like each other and don’t mind the idea of being mated to each other, Indivara.” He hardly used her full name and only did so then to accentuate the importance of the moment.

And then he kissed her.

V'ra
of Blue Venseth

Date of Birth
05.04.716 AL, 28
Height
4'9
Eyes
Blue
Build
Slim
Hair
Dark Brown

Threads

Indivara flinched visibly at V’ler’s quiet statement, cringing away guiltily. She had called him stupid before, it was one of her preferred insults for him because she knew it stung, but she hadn’t considered the fact that, like saying she hated him or hitting him, it would be crossing a line she’d been trying to avoid. She shifted, looking up at him with wide, guilty and apologetic eyes. He wasn’t stupid, and she did appreciate what he’d said, but she didn’t know how to formulate those words.

Her heart broke when he stood up, the emotions all over her face if he’d been looking at her to see it. She bit her bottom lip, refusing to acknowledge that it was trembling, but she did not say anything. She had already promised herself she would not force him into anything, though she was oblivious to the way she had been attempting to push him away for the entire disastrous conversation. That didn’t stop a couple of tears from committing suicide as they tumbled down her cheeks to land in her lap.

When V’ler swung back, huge teary eyes stared up at him as Indivara jerked back in her seat, though it did not seem to stop him filling the emptied space with his own face. She stared at him in shock as he started speaking, finally gleaning some idea of how her words and actions had appeared to him, and her eyebrows furrowed, though her eyes stayed wide as saucers. She held her breath as he finally answered the question he had asked, still staring at him, now with disbelief. We, we, we! Not ‘you’, not ‘me’, but we! Her heart soared, resting somewhere in her throat.

She burst into silent tears when he kissed her, her arms snaking up and around his neck as she pressed herself as close to him as she could, considering their awkward positions. She kissed him until she had to break away, panting for breath as she stared at him in wonder. “I’m sorry,” she whispered, pulling back enough that her fingers could dance lightly over his face; the line of his jaw, the side of his neck, across his lips. Her apology was for jerking him – them – around all morning. She didn’t really understand what she’d done or why she’d said the things she had, just that she knew that until he kissed her, she couldn’t bring herself to believe anything he was saying.

She would probably have doubts for a long time; Indivara was nothing if not incredibly insecure, something very few people were aware of, due to her obnoxious nature and better-than-thou attitude. But she would try, if only to be herself. After all, V’ler was right; nothing would really be changing, except that now she wouldn’t be stealing little bits of affection – they’d both be giving them! “Thank you, Val.” She whispered against his lips, still clearly star struck, before kissing him. She was thankful for him being as bull-headed as she was, and not letting her win at pushing him away and make them both miserable. Though she was still trying to comprehend the fact that he actually wanted her. Her!

V'ler
of Blue Veeth

Date of Birth
21.08.707, 37
Height
5’10
Eyes
Green
Build
Average
Hair
Brown, shaggy

Threads

Finally they seemed to be on the same page and understanding each other. He even earned an apology! The world was clearly about to explode. He smiled at her words of thanks before it was lost in another kiss. It was still weird to want to kiss someone under his own volition and enjoy it. He was convinced he’d never want to settle down with someone, finding the idea of having sex for his own enjoyment that didn’t involve Flights a foreign idea. It honestly didn’t bother him either. He liked his space, though a lot of it had been sacrificed long ago when Indivara invaded it. But this, their realisations and desires, seemed like a natural evolution and wasn’t too jarring now that he accepted it.

Yay! Everything is normal again. You were being so weird since last night. I wasn’t a big fan of it. Mostly because you kept talking yourself out of things that were rather lovely thoughts. But I knew you two would fix everything and like each other again. Veeth’s excitement was like a sledgehammer to his head and V’ler rolled his eyes as he pulled away from the kiss. His adorable dragon was now pulling up memories of the times he had been excited about them spending time with Indivara and Venseth and how he had pointed out over and over since the get go that they were pretty much mated.

“Veeth is currently gloating about how he always knew we’d end up like this because he’s always believed us to be mated as well. He’s going to be absolutely insufferable all the day. The two of you should keep each other company until you’re both a little less grating on my nerves with your smugness and happiness.” V’ler smirked as he teased her and then flopped back on the couch beside her. He grabbed that slice of apple that had been tempting him earlier, looked over at Indivara, daring her to say something, and took a bite of it while still looking at her, a completely smug expression in place. Now that everything seemed sorted out, they could go back to being normal and, more importantly, eat.

V'ra
of Blue Venseth

Date of Birth
05.04.716 AL, 28
Height
4'9
Eyes
Blue
Build
Slim
Hair
Dark Brown

Threads

Indivara’s eyebrow arched up slightly when V’ler pulled away, rolling his eyes. Since she hadn’t done anything new or risqué with the kiss, she figured he was either rolling his eyes at her because she didn’t, or, more likely, a nosy dragon. Generally, she would have been more afraid it was her, but she was too busy enjoying V’ler’s closeness and the feel of his under her hands. When he confirmed it was Veeth, Indivara laughed softly, reclaiming her hands and folding them in her lap, trying not to look too smug or too happy.

“That’s hardly fair,” Indivara snorted, “you’re basically the definition of ‘smug’,” and she poked him gently in the cheek, near the edge of his smirking lips. As she curled herself against him, Indivara plucked the half-eaten piece of apple from his fingers, and quickly shoved it between her own teeth, munching on it with an innocent expression that was supposed to be a smile, but was definitely a smirk, eyes wide but sparkling playfully.

Swallowing, and making a show of licking her lips and completely upselling the quality of the piece of apple she’d stolen, Indivara side-eyed V’ler for a moment before speaking. “Most of the lunch rush should be done, if you want to come get some real food,” she offered, arching a brow again and grinning. She stood up before he had much of a chance to answer, brushing her hands on her hips before extending one to him. “You might want to change,” she teased, eyeing his lazy sleepwear with amusement, but she shrugged, because she didn’t care what he wore. One of them had to give no fucks about what type of clothing was worn.

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)