World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 04.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [C] 739.02.10 | A Daring Adventure: The First Date!
7pm | Casa

T'ryn
of Bronze Syrendryth

Date of Birth
17.04.722, 23
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde, shorter

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
He had spent the day with N’mor, having an amazing time skating and playing in the snow, but now that he was home in his own weyr and alone, T’ryn couldn’t stop thinking about the interaction his friend had with a bluerider. The bluerider – damnit, what was his name? – had definitely been happy to see N’mor but he didn’t come over and see him. What did that mean? It did look like the man was with someone else and they were getting ready to leave but couldn’t he still come over and say hi? Maybe he was being polite, knowing N’mor was with a friend as well?

Maybe, and he hated his brain so much for thinking it, it was a secret relationship they had and they were doing their best not to interact in public and the damn bluerider almost ruined it all by waving but was still able to pass it off as they were simply acquaintances that knew each other in passing because of some mundane reason and it was polite to greet those higher ranking than you?

T’ryn gasped for a breath as he realised that during his long winded run on thoughts, he forgot to breathe. Damnit, he was becoming a mess over something that likely wasn’t even worth thinking about!

Why was he even thinking about?

Oh, right. Because he’d had a crush on N’mor since weyrlinghood and he’d been fighting it ever since. They were both bronzeriders and it wasn’t appropriate for them to like men. If they bedded one, it was due to losing a gold Flight and appeasing their dragon. No one thought less of the bronzeriders for doing such a thing but they would certainly judge one for purposely taking another man to bed. N’mor wanted to be a Weyrleader and he wanted to be a Wingleader; surely such a romance would ruin their chances at both positions?

Assuming N’mor even liked him like that.

That was another problem; what if he found the courage to buck tradition and tell his best friend he wanted to drag him to bed and not leave it for a good two days and only because they were starving? Wow, he was more pathetic than he thought.

T’ryn sighed and put his head on his dining table and resisted the urge to bang it against the solid wood. That wouldn’t help anything but add to the headache that was forming. He supposed he should focus more on goldriders, like a proper bronzerider, or at least women in general. It wasn’t that he hated them like some of the men in the Weyr seemed to, and in fact, he could say he was really starting to like some of them. They made excellent company and even the (according to Syrendryth) ditzy ones were fun to talk to. He didn’t feel a pressure to be someone else when he was with some of the girls.

Actually, that was a good point. When he was with Casa, he felt normal and that he didn’t have to try to be perfect or hide his sense of humour or change anything. She was also extremely pretty, which was something that made him blush at times because why was a pretty girl paying him any amount of attention? He didn’t think he was any better than the next guy. Actually, he felt lacking compared to the next guy. Most dragonriders his age or ones that were more newly Impressed than him had given chase to at least a green. N’mor had even chased and won a gold. Syrendryth kept saying he wasn’t interested because T’ryn wasn’t and that made T’ryn feel guilty and wonder if he was broken. Knowing N’mor would have a clutch to his name soon and had some secret with an older bluerider made T’ryn feel like a child next to his mature and moving forward friend.

Another sigh and a growl of frustration echoed off the table before T’ryn sat up straight with wide eyes at the sound of a firelizard chirping at him. “Rell! What are you doing here? When did you get here?” T’ryn eyed his father’s blue firelizard suspiciously, convinced he had been there for a while before making himself known. Great, now his dad would get a mind full of images of his eldest son sulking alone. He’d just say he was tired from skating if asked. “Hand over the note, Rell. Please,” he finally noticed the rolled up parchment that was being held.

You left before I could let you know your aunt is inviting us and Ayontay to a late dinner tomorrow evening. She’s expecting you both to bring a guest. 7pm start.

T’ryn laughed despite all his self-induced head drama. R’nd never signed his quick letters to him. It was likely due to not knowing how to sign it. Should he use his name or refer to himself as ‘dad’? T’ryn could easily see R’nd with quill in hand, trying to convince himself to write the three-letter word but it scared him too much so he left it blank.

He was close to writing a reply that he was busy but stopped. He had promised Casa he’d take her to his aunt’s home sometime and what better time than during her mini gather and for a family dinner?

See you then, dad.

T’ryn smirked at the title he wrote down and gave the letter back to Rell to bring home. He quickly got to his feet and checked out his appearance in the mirror he had in his bedroom before taking off the sweater to leave a much lighter shirt on. He ran his fingers through his hair, decided it was good enough, and nearly ran over to Casa’s weyr where he hesitated with knocking.

Was it really okay to bring her? Why wouldn’t it be? They were friends and she was fun to spend time with. It was the perfect combination for a day of skating and dining. So he knocked, and then wondered if he should have brought a gift.

Oh good grief. His dragon huffed in annoyance and T’ryn happily ignored him.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Casa
of Gold Thallyath

Date of Birth
16.11.720 AL, 24
Height
5'3
Eyes
Green
Build
Slim, petite
Hair
Blonde, shoulder length

Threads

Written By: ThistleProse
Casa looked up, startled, at the knock on her door. She wasn’t expecting anyone, was she? Frowning, Casa went back over the day’s events to try and make sure she hadn’t forgotten to do a task or attend a meeting or any of a dozen odd things she was usually dragged into during the day. When she couldn’t think of anything, Casa poked mentally at Thallyath, but the gold dragon was sound asleep – there would be no cheating to know who was at the door that way!

Hoping it wasn’t some murderous man in a hood with a big knife – Casa would have giggled at the image, but she found it to be rather frightening – the girl crept across her weyr and paused at the door. She could not hear anyone on the other side. Perhaps they had left? No! She froze again when she caught the scuffle of feet on the stone floor outside. Her own feet were silent on the thick rugs she had indulged in late last Turn. Still frowning – she really couldn’t think who would possibly be visiting her – Casa went to open the door, and then paused again.

She was dressed for bed, and for Casa, that meant she was wearing a pair of underwear and a white sleeveless top that did not hide much of anything. Biting her lip (what if it was the Weyrleader? Or one of the Mentors?) Casa swallowed. “One moment, please!” Whoever it was would be able to clearly hear her voice at such a close range, and after another slightly pause, Casa bolted across her weyr and back into her bedroom. “Something to wear, something to wear,” she murmured to herself, throwing open the chest at the foot of her bed and tugging out a long sleeved shirt and a pair of breeches, both of which she shuffled into, tying the pants up as she walked across to the door. Again she paused, this time making sure all her clothing was in the right way, and on the right way.

Convinced she was not to make a complete fool of herself (even though her hair was a disaster!) Casa brushed it hurriedly with her hands, took a deep breath, and then cautiously opened the door, peering out and expecting to see a disgruntled Weyrleader or Mentor. What she was not expecting to see was a timid looking T’ryn. Casa blinked, and opened the door wider, tilting her head at the young bronzerider. “Hello,” she said quietly, still watching him. “Do you want to come in?” She asked, her eyebrows furrowing with confusion. She didn’t know why he was there, but she knew it was rude not to invite him in, even if it was late and her dragon would give birth to an impromptu Clutch if she woke up and realised Casa was alone in her weyr with a man.

Casa had to resist the urge to burst out laughing at the image. Snotty dragon!

T'ryn
of Bronze Syrendryth

Date of Birth
17.04.722, 23
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde, shorter

Threads

He was starting to think Casa wasn’t home. It was getting late but not too late. She could have been at a friend’s or maybe some goldrider activity had kept her late. As he contemplated leaving, he heard Casa’s call and froze in place. Okay, she was home, and she was about to answer the door. That meant he had to find his courage to go through with his plan after all. He couldn’t just show up on her unexpectedly for no good reason! By the time the door opened, T’ryn was staring in concentration on his boots, wondering if he could come up with another reason for the visit. No way would she want to come with him, even if she said she would love to visit when he first tossed the idea out as they hung out in Benden Weyr.

“Hi, um… yes, please,” he settled on accepting her invitation to enter and immediately noticed the lush rugs covering her floor since he still wasn’t doing much of the looking up thing. His own weyr was starting to get quite the collection as he liked the warmth they provided his feet and how they seemed to dampen the sounds and echoes of his little cave. It was kind of interesting to see what people focused on as important when they had their own home and he smiled softly at something he and Casa had in common.

“I’m sorry to come by uninvited. Blame my dad,” he started with a light laugh and finally looked up from the decorating choices to look at Casa. He noted she was dressed casually in pants and a shirt and was relieved that she wasn’t in pajamas. At least she hadn’t been in bed or on her way there! He also noted her hair was a bit mussed and T’ryn flushed at the sight. She looked good like that and it was as if golden locks were inviting him to run his fingers through them to help tame them. He really was becoming a mess! He didn’t know who or what he wanted anymore and the nerves from asking someone out on a real date wasn’t helping any.

“I mean, he just sent word over, not that he told me to barge in on your free time. I mean,” T’ryn stopped, took a deep breath, and tried again, this time focusing on Casa’s mouth which ended up being a bad idea as well given how lovely it was and how maybe he could kiss it. Not likely if he couldn’t even ask her to go skating!

“Remember when I said I’d like you to come with me to visit my aunt sometime? I was wondering, if you’re not busy of course, if you’d like to go skating on her pond with me tomorrow. And, um, I was invited to a late dinner with the family tomorrow as well, and I… I would like you to come with me.” He was pretty sure he was bright red by the time he finished with the horrible invitation. Could that have gone any worse?

Yes. But thankfully she’s probably too ditzy to notice you stumbling on your words like a child and will focus on an excuse to wear a pretty dress.

Casa
of Gold Thallyath

Date of Birth
16.11.720 AL, 24
Height
5'3
Eyes
Green
Build
Slim, petite
Hair
Blonde, shoulder length

Threads

Casa’s expression tilted slightly in puzzlement when T’ryn came in and said to blame his dad. It took her a moment to remember who his dad was – silly, really, he looked so much like him, but for some reason she just blanked for a moment and couldn’t figure out who it was! She smiled slightly, indulging his comment, before she laughed softly when he stumbled along an explanation. “It’s okay,” she reassured, waving him to come in further and leading the way to the little sitting area. Her own weyr was not very large, but that was one of the fallbacks of being a young goldrider, she had found. Even though some of the other women had Impressed after her, they seemed to feel they were physically older, and therefore entitled to a bigger weyr… It probably did not help any that Thallyath was the size of a firelizard in comparison to their beasts, and did not need all the extra room. Even if the gold dragon eventually found a bronze mate, there would be plenty of room for them both.

The thought made her blush slightly, and she flicked a sideways glance to T’ryn, wondering if Thallyath would consent to letting his dragon catch her. Not likely, the sleepy dragon inserted, not really awake, and Casa cringed slightly, wondering if she’d spoken loudly enough to be heard by T’ryn. At least she had not said anything incriminating and from the feel of it, the gold had gone back to sleep. That was a pity though; she liked T’ryn. He was sweet, and he treated her nicely, not like some of the bronzeriders whom she could feel leering at her from across the dining hall. She hated the way they made her feel like she might as well be naked, with their slimy eyes and gross expressions.

“I remember,” Casa agreed quietly, watching T’ryn as he seemed to pull himself together and yet still talk quite fast. She was smiling, trying hard not to giggle at him; that would not be very nice, but she found the whole scene rather endearing. Her eyes widened comically as she processed his invitation, and she floundered for a moment on finding a reply. Finally, she settled on a very eloquent, “You want to go with me!?” still staring at T’ryn in surprise. “I mean, I’d love to! But… wouldn’t you rather go with N’mor?” she was genuinely curious; those two were attached at the hip and had been for as long as she could remember, and well, she had always thought… but apparently not! Flushing crimson, she bit her bottom lip and looked away. She had probably insulted him now! Would he take back his invitation because she had thought he was involved with his friend? Ugh, she was terrible.

“Sorry,” she mumbled, wringing her hands. “I would really like to go with you,” she peered up, under her lashes, eyebrows furrowed and wondering if the offer still stood.

T'ryn
of Bronze Syrendryth

Date of Birth
17.04.722, 23
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde, shorter

Threads

T’ryn stood still with his eyes unflattering large as he decided he was being rejected. He wasn’t good enough to ask Casa to go somewhere intentionally with him. They had crossed paths at the Gather and then again at Benden Weyr, and both times she likely just put up with him and was too polite to send him away. But now, that he wanted to go somewhere with her? Well, that was fair game and she was about to toss him out the door on his ass. You are a mess tonight. What is wrong with you? Not that it matters any to me, but the girl is still talking and you should listen to all of her words.

T’ryn had vaguely caught something about the ‘I’d love to’ the same time his dragon was oddly berating him and he tried for a smile while he sorted out all of the voices and emotions. It quickly died though, when Casa mentioned N’mor and how she thought he’d want to go with his best friend. While he floundered to say something more than half words of protest to that and mentally worried about how she knew he had a crush on his friend, Casa was suddenly back to saying she wanted to go.

Asking someone out was far too exhausting! R’nd always made interacting with women look so easy!

“Well, N’mor and I hung out there today with some other riders,” he chose his words carefully, not wanting to make it sound like a date – because it wasn’t! – nor to make it sound like she was his second choice – because she wasn’t! “But that was as friends. Besides, I wanted to show you around and you came to mind right away when the dinner invite came.”

He tilted his head and eyed her suspiciously for a moment, wondering if she did suspect his confusion over who he really liked, if she was teasing him about liking her, and if she seriously wanted to go with him. After a moment, he decided the way she looked up at him and how she had been wringing her hands were genuine and she did want to come.

And then he started laughing.

“We’re quite the pair, aren’t we?” He could barely get the offer out without stumbling and feeling like he was going to throw up from nerves and Casa wanted to go and then tried to give him an out just in case he didn’t mean it. But now that they had spent several awkward minutes together again, T’ryn remembered why he did like her and felt at ease around her and realised he could talk freely with her.

“Let’s try this again,” he was grinning now, nerves completely gone, “Casa, if you’re free tomorrow, would you like to go skating with me and have dinner with my Holder side of the family?”

Casa
of Gold Thallyath

Date of Birth
16.11.720 AL, 24
Height
5'3
Eyes
Green
Build
Slim, petite
Hair
Blonde, shoulder length

Threads

Casa blinked when T’ryn explained he’d already gone with N’mor and she frowned slightly, head tilting, as she watched his expression. He seemed worried, but she wasn’t sure why, probably because she’d implied he was involved with his friend and he was insulted and trying to make sure she knew he wasn’t? Her mouth tilted into a flat, confused line, but lifted up at the corners cautiously when he said he had thought of her first when the invitation to dinner came. That was nice! She could not recall the last time someone had thought of her when they had been invited somewhere and her hand-wringing fell off and she hugged herself, her smile relaxing.

Then it vanished when he started laughing and she flushed, convinced suddenly that he was laughing at her and her expression turned sad, ever the immediate indication of her inner thoughts. She blinked owlishly as he spoke after laughing, and she took a deep breath, trying to see where his thoughts were going. She nodded cautiously, allowing that they were indeed an odd pair, but not sure why he was saying it.

“Oh,” she said quietly, when he repeated his invitation, and her face brightened noticeably as a smile bloomed across her lips and her green eyes sparkled with amusement as she realised his path of thought. “I would like that very much,” she said, smiling brightly still, her cheeks tinged pink with pleasure at the invitation, the realisation that they were both being quite silly, and that they were both now aware of that fact. “What time?” She asked, part shy, part delighted. She’d never gone on a date before, and it was definitely a date, because no one stumbled around that much unless it was a date! She had heard stories from the other goldriders, both their own personal experiences and the gossip of what they had seen their friends go through.

I’m going on a date! She squealed internally to Thallyath, who harrumphed and could be heard resettling herself on her ledge, completely uninterested. Casa ignored her reaction, still grinning at T’ryn and wondering if the smile would ever fade away. “What should I wear?” She followed up, her eyes widening and eyebrows arching upwards. Oh Faranth! Did she have anything suitable? A winter gown? Surely she had something that would be suitable for skating and a dinner?? Right? We can go shopping tomorrow, her dragon intoned sleepily, ever the determined party to make sure Casa was perfectly representing herself.

T'ryn
of Bronze Syrendryth

Date of Birth
17.04.722, 23
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde, shorter

Threads

He remembered the one and only time he had stood for a Hatching. How could he not when he Impressed to Syrendryth? But he recalled how hot the sand beneath his feet felt and the way he wanted to hop from foot to foot and even remembered watching some of the dragonets hatch and stumble about their clutch mates’ discarded shells. He had started to feel that way himself now as he spoke with Casa. Why had it been so hard to ask her out and get an answer? They both seemed to dance around committing to anything as if they were also walking on shells. Thankfully a moment of clarity brought him back to himself and realised that yes, Casa was pretty and yes, Casa was amazing, but she was also his friend and if he remembered that, then everything might be fine.

He practically beamed when she agreed to go with him with as much enthusiasm as he was now carrying about the idea. It was going to be a lot of fun and he knew she would get along wonderfully with practically all of his family members. “Um, four? Then we can rest and clean up around six. Dinner starts at seven. I hope that’s not too late? They’ll likely keep us until at least ten with food and stories,” likely embarrassing stories about his dad and maybe a few about him, though thankfully not even his dad knew much about him given R’nd only learned about him several turns ago.

What should she wear? T’ryn hadn’t even considered that question for himself! He was suddenly worried that he didn’t have anything nice enough for a date with woman who not only was older but was a goldrider. And you are a bronzerider. You outrank her. Stop putting her on a pedestal. She’s just a silly girl after all. Once again, Syrendryth was ignored. He didn’t even earn an eye roll or a frown as T’ryn thought about his own wardrobe and what would be appropriate for either of them to wear. “Well… it’s definitely a lot colder there than here. So, either a heavy dress or even pants for skating in. If that’s appropriate, I mean.” He had no idea when it was okay for women to wear what they did. The Weyr and Holds had such different ideas on the matter and while his aunt seemed pretty liberal in her thinking, he wasn’t sure if he knew enough to guide Casa in the matter on a whole. “You can always change before dinner as well if you wanted something to play in and something to dine in.”

He really wasn’t being any sort of help.

“It’s family. So you don’t have to dress like you’re dining with the Lord Holder of Ista. Besides, I think you look great in anything,” the compliment was quietly given before T’ryn bit his lower lip and felt his cheeks warm.

Casa
of Gold Thallyath

Date of Birth
16.11.720 AL, 24
Height
5'3
Eyes
Green
Build
Slim, petite
Hair
Blonde, shoulder length

Threads

Casa continued to smile brightly, nodding in confirmation when the time for their adventure was offered. “That sounds good!” She chirped, enthralled by the idea of seeing the place T’ryn had spoken of when they were together at Benden. It really did sound wonderful, and she was thrilled that he actually wanted to take her, and show it to her, that it wasn’t an empty promise or something he’d just mentioned idly at the time, like so many people seemed to do (she even allowed that she’d occasionally done such things!) “It’s not!” She laughed softly, amused. She certainly didn’t have any other friends who were making demands on her time, though granted she would probably have to do goldrider tasks the next day… that said, she could probably wriggle her way out of it, this once. It wasn’t like she ditched her duties regularly! That was more Thallyath’s fault than her own inclination to be a good goldrider, though.

“Okay,” Casa murmured, considering the options he’d put before her. She hadn’t really considered the fact that it would be much colder in Benden than it was in Ista, but it made sense. The island was as close to Katila as it was possible to be without actually going back – something Casa enjoyed, having been born and raised in the South. That said, she didn’t own any real winter wear, and certainly nothing that would be suitable for running around in snow in. She’d heard that stuff was very cold, though she’d never actually seen it herself; all her time had been spent in Katila and then in Ista itself.

Glancing back at T’ryn after staring thoughtfully into space over his shoulder, she smiled wryly. “That might be best,” she decided. Two outfits would make a lot more sense than trying to find a single one that covered both requirements. Besides, she was gathering that they’d be inside the Hold itself for the evening meal, and that would be heated and she’d probably die of overheating if she wore whatever she went skating in inside the home.

At his last comment, Casa laughed outright, lifting a hand to cover her mouth and shaking her head. “You really don’t know my dragon then,” she chuckled, glancing sourly towards where Thallyath was sleeping. “If I’m in anything less than gowns and jewels, I’ll honestly be shocked.” Her dry smile returned. “You’ve been warned,” she added, but her eyes sparkled with amusement.

T'ryn
of Bronze Syrendryth

Date of Birth
17.04.722, 23
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde, shorter

Threads

Casa didn’t know his dragon either, but he didn’t say anything. He normally didn’t pass along Syrendryth’s judgemental comments of other people and since he had just asked her out on a date, T’ryn figured it was best not to point out that the better dressed she was, that it might make his dragon like her a bit more. Doubtful. Maybe if you made her attend Harper lessons, it might improve her standings with me. T’ryn glanced in the direction of his own weyr and did his best to hold a neutral face and not the scowl he wanted to give. “Sy and I can’t wait to see what you choose.” And since he had been warned she’d likely end up on the fancier side, T’ryn wondered what he should wear to match that. He didn’t want to leave her standing out of place but he doubted that would happen anyway. His aunt Eridella liked fine fashion as well and would likely look as gorgeous as ever in a beautiful flowing dress. He did have a nicer suit jacket he had splurged on some time ago for nicer gathers or in case he got to play bronzerider on display for Weyr-Hold politics.

Now that they weren’t being weird with each other, T’ryn found he didn’t want to leave, but knew he should. He got his invitation accepted which was the point of the visit and it was getting later into the evening. Casa was clearly dressed comfortably, meaning she hadn’t been expecting company and quite possibly she was ready for bed. At the idea of what she might wear to sleep, T’ryn felt his cheeks warming again and quickly looked over her shoulder at the bare wall to help banish the thoughts.

“I guess I should go. Sorry for showing up without announcement.” He wondered if Syrendryth would actually have sent along his desire to see Casa, though. Unexpected visits might be the only way to go for a while until Casa proved to his dragon -- without trying, because there wasn’t anything to prove -- that she was worth his attention.

“I’ll come by at four and Syrendryth will share the directions. And then, we skate!” He smiled brightly, his excitement at the idea of what tomorrow would bring quite clear.

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)