World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [O] [EVENT] 738.12.05 | Enjoying The Gather
1 pm | open

Ambrya

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By:
The first thing Ambrya had done after arriving at the Gather was to buy a bag of meat rolls, mainly to keep Scarlet occupied so that she wouldn't fly off and steal red items from the stalls. The little green was munching on one now as she sat on the shoulder pad Ambrya had made that prevented her claws from ruining her clothing or scratching her skin. It was fashioned out of the same fabric as her heavy fur-lined violet cloak. There was even fur around the edges of the pad, probably now spotted with crumbs.

Beneath the cloak, she wore her best gown … a lovely creation of lavender velvet lavishly adorned with lace and embroidery. It was too cold to walk around without her cloak so it was unlikely that anybody would see it unless she went into the Hold itself. Still, she thought that a gather was an appropriate time to dress up, no matter what the season.

There were people milling about everywhere, including other dragonriders. Even some of the holderfolk had firelizards, she noticed. Occasionally, Scarlet would chirp at one and it would chirp back, almost as if they were communicating with each other. Perhaps they were. Ambrya could sense Scarlet's emotions. Maybe they communicated by empathy.

A fabric stall caught her attention and she strolled over to it, marveling at the beautifully colored bolts of cloth stacked on tables and hanging from the awning. I think I'll make another covering for Tesamyth's couch, she thought. Reaching out to her dragon's mind, she felt a deep contentment. Apparently, the gold had found a place to sun and had dozed off. She would just have to choose a hue herself.

Running her fingers over a bolt of soft turquoise cotton, she mused aloud: “Now what color would go best with gold?”

T'ryn
of Bronze Syrendryth

Date of Birth
17.04.722, 22
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde, shorter

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
He had just spent the last couple of hours with Casa in what he thought wasn’t a complete disaster but time would tell if she ever sought him out again or ran in the opposite direction. He wouldn’t blame her either way, really. Now, T’ryn thought he’d meander around the Gather one last time to see if he had missed seeing anything and if he could possibly find a gift for his aunt Eridella. She always went out of her way to make him feel comfortable and a part of the family and he wanted to repay her kindness. He knew she loved clothes, jewellery, and decorating her home and felt confident enough now to be able to pick something out to match her tastes.

As he turned down an aisle to begin his search, T’ryn saw another familiar person and chuckled a bit. What was it with him and finding the young goldriders today? He wasn’t sure he could manage to stuff anymore of his foot in his mouth after spending time with Casa but he had decided it would be nice to mingle with the goldriders some more and Syrendryth didn’t seem to think Ambrya was as ditzy as Casa so that was a good start to less snide comments in his head.

He walked up beside her just as she asked aloud a question that he really didn’t think was meant for him but T’ryn replied anyway, “dark red, I think. Or maybe a light pink to make it softer?” He was not a professional when it came to picking out such things but thanks to spending time at his aunt’s house and seeing N’mor’s little sister in dresses all the time, he thought they were safe enough suggestions.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Ambrya

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By:
Ambrya had not expected anyone to answer her question, except perhaps the owner of the fabric stall, and she jumped when a male voice spoke from beside her.  She felt Tesamyth stir towards wakefulness, sensing that her rider may be in danger, but she reassured her that she was fine and the gold slipped back into slumber.

“Hmmm,” she considered, tilting her head thoughtfully as she looked at T'ryn. “Both of those colors would work nicely.”  She didn't know the bronzerider well, despite the fact that they had both grown up in the same creche.  They had probably played together as young children, but as Ambrya matured, she had spent most of her time running errands and assisting people around the Weyr.  She had helped take care of the younger children and had spent a lot of time with her sister repairing garments that had been ripped and torn, as well as making new ones.

Ambrya could not recall exactly when T'ryn had become a candidate, but she knew he had impressed before she had.  Every time there was a clutch on the sands, some of the older weyrbrats, mostly boys, began training  to become dragonriders.  She had envied them and had determined to prove she was responsible enough to stand for a gold egg when she was old enough. And  her stubborn persistence had eventually been rewarded, and at a much younger age than she had expected.

There was a bolt of  mulberry fabric shot through with golden threads on the same table as the turquoise cloth she had been admiring and she unwound a bit of it and ran it through her hands.  “This one is pretty.  I'm going to make a new covering for Tesamyth's couch.”  She smiled playfully.  “So what brings you to the fabric stall today?”

T'ryn
of Bronze Syrendryth

Date of Birth
17.04.722, 22
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde, shorter

Threads

T’ryn beamed at the praise of his suggestions, glad he hadn’t embarrassed himself by pointing out some hideous colour combination. He was slowly learning from the women in his life and his dad, but he still felt mostly useless when it came to such things. His eyes went wide at the reasoning for picking out the fabric and T’ryn suddenly worried that perhaps Syrendryth didn’t like whatever it was that lined his quarters. He recalled taking what was given to him at the time and slowly building to it since, but colours or patterns hadn’t been a top concern.

Nor should it be. Comfort is far more important to me at the moment. I do not need to show off for anyone. T’ryn glanced in the direction of where his dragon was lounging and gave a slight shake of his head before returning his attention back to Ambrya. “I think those colours would work nicely for her couch.” Not that he had seen it but he knew what the gold dragon looked like and he liked the fabric currently in Ambrya’s hands, so to him, that was all the important parts covered.

“Oh, um you, I guess,” T’ryn chuckled and ran a hand through his hair. If that didn’t sound mildly like he was following her, he wasn’t sure what would. “I was just hanging out with Casa and I saw you as we parted ways so I thought I’d come see what you were up to. I’m just sort of roaming around, exploring. It’s my first Gather.”

Ambrya

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By:
T'ryn seemed quite happy that she liked his suggestions. He has a nice smile, Ambrya thought. The mulberry fabric fell somewhere between dark red and light pink and she thought that the pretty hue would bring out the rose highlights in Tesamyth's hide. The young bronzerider agreed on the color, so she decided that she would purchase enough cloth so that she could make it a bit larger than needed. Tesamyth would not be fully grown for another few months and she might need a new couch before that.

Perhaps she would buy some of the turquoise fabric too. There was no such thing as too many couch coverings. Like Ambrya, the gold liked variety. She had been especially fond of the covering that Ambrya had started embroidering for her shortly after she hatched. By the time she had finished it, it had nearly been too small. As soon as she is fully grown, I'll embroider another one.

Her blue eyes widened when T'ryn said that he had visited the fabric stall because of her. He didn't fancy her, did he? The notion was not appalling, but nor was it appealing. Ambrya was still confused when it came to the opposite sex. Sometimes boys were fascinating and at other times, they were annoying. The young goldrider was certainly not ready for any type of relationship and she had never even crushed on anybody.

She sighed in relief as he further explained that he had seen her and decided to say hello after talking to Casa. Maybe he fancied the older goldrider instead of her. Ambrya thought that they would make a cute couple. “I haven't seen Casa yet, but perhaps we'll run into each other before it's time to leave. There are quite a few dragonriders here. I guess it's the first gather for all of us.”

On her shoulder pad, Scarlet chirped and Ambrya plucked another meatroll from her bag and held it out. The green firelizard grabbed it greedily and started munching on it. “Do you find it as exciting as I do? I hope they have gathers here every month.”

T'ryn
of Bronze Syrendryth

Date of Birth
17.04.722, 22
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde, shorter

Threads

“I imagine you’ll come across Casa eventually. I don’t see her leaving until they either kick her out at the end of the night or Thallyath drags her away,” T’ryn laughed at the image of the cranky gold swooping in and bringing her rider home. He admired Casa’s free spirit but didn’t envy her dealing with such a stoic dragon. Syrendryth was pain enough and he was more opinionated than anything else. Because you are disciplined and don’t need to be constantly reigned in.

Syrendryth was right, he was disciplined—in ignoring the bronze beast. He had had to ignore comments for so long now that T’ryn was convinced that with a little more practice he wouldn’t give away any hint of a dragon bespeaking him. As it was, he still gave another glance off to the side before turning all of his attention back to Ambrya and Scarlet. He held out his hand to the firelizard, waiting for her to sniff it or nudge it in greeting before giving her a light pat to the head. He never had a firelizard of his own. He Impressed at his first hatching, barely old enough to Stand. Then the landslide happened and he helped with Rhezalth on top of Syrendryth until N’mor was recovered. He liked them but he didn’t think he wanted one for himself anymore.

“It is pretty exciting! I never really thought about what it’d be like to see so many stalls and crafters set up in one place. There’s so much to do and eat that I’ve just been wandering around to where my eyes take me. I’ve probably missed so much.” It was almost overwhelming but he wasn’t in any hurry and decided meandering around as many times as it took wouldn’t be a bad thing. It might help him make up his mind on some purchases if he found his way back to the vendor.

“Are you only going to spoil Tesamyth today or are you going to treat yourself to something as well? I’m thinking about getting an embroidered blanket or maybe a rug.”

Ambrya

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By:
Ambrya doubted that she would leave until they kicked her out either.  Tesamyth seemed perfectly content to doze in the sun all day.  Perhaps when it began to set, the dragon would be ready to go, but that was still hours away.  She was glad that she and Tesamyth were so alike in personality, which didn't appear to be the case with Casa and her gold.  She didn't know the other girl well, but maybe it was time to remedy that.  The young blonde didn't have any friends among the goldriders yet and Casa was probably the closest to her in age.

She noticed the way T'ryn glanced sideways, a trait she had come to associate with communication between riders and dragons.  Most likely, she did it too, even though she wasn't aware of it.  Even some of the older riders looked rather distant when talking to their dragons.  With others, you couldn't tell.  Ambrya never really thought about it much because she didn't care if everyone in Pern knew when Tesamyth was speaking to her.

The bronzerider reached toward Scarlet.  “It's fortunate that you aren't holding a meatroll,” Ambrya said with a lyrical chuckle.  “She has stolen them out of the hands of people before.”  After swallowing the last bite of the one her mistress had given her, the little green sniffed T'ryn's hand and then butted her head against it as if she wished to be petted.   The silly thing did love attention.

“I just got here about a half hour ago, so I haven't had much time to look around,” Ambrya admitted.  “This fabric stall drew my attention first, because I really like to sew.  My sister taught me as soon as I was able to hold a needle without pricking myself and I've been making my own clothes ever since.   I started making coverings for Tesamyth's couches as soon as I impressed her.  She's outgrown most of them now.”

Realizing that she was rambling, the young girl blushed, hoping that T'ryn wouldn't notice.  “I thought I might buy myself some jewelry, but now that you mention it, I could use a rug.  The floor gets rather cold at night.  Have you seen any stalls that sell them?”

T'ryn
of Bronze Syrendryth

Date of Birth
17.04.722, 22
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde, shorter

Threads

“That’s so cool!” T’ryn was genuinely impressed by Ambrya’s skills. If hard pressed, he could patch up a tear in his clothing but it wouldn’t look as nice as if he asked one of the older ladies that seemed to enjoy mending and sewing. But Ambrya was a little younger than him and already not only liked to sew but could make her own clothes and items for her dragon. His younger brother Ayontay was learning woodcarving and some friends were picking up some handy or at least fun trades as well. Perhaps he should too? He enjoyed archery and had decent accuracy as well and liked history, especially family history, but he wasn’t sure that would come in all that handy down the line.

“I don’t recall seeing any rug stalls,” T’ryn paused a moment as he tried to mentally retrace his steps with Casa. They had been chatting a lot and occasionally got distracted by something sparkly – mostly Casa—or with food – definitely both of them – but he hadn’t paid much mind to what else was around him. “But that just gives further reason to wander and explore, looking for the best rug and the best price.”

“And you should definitely still get a piece of jewellery!” T’ryn exclaimed, realising he might have swayed her from something lovely to a boring rug. “Get something practical and then treat yourself to something nice. I think that’d be a fair trade off.” Since his weyr was still somewhat bare, T’ryn’s practical purchases kind of counted as treating himself as well but if he was interested in a necklace or bracelet, he suspected he’d still get one as well, knowing he had bought items that he definitely needed already.

Ambrya

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By:
Ambrya had never thought of sewing as particularly impressive. It was more practical than anything. Everyone needed clothes and somebody had to make them. Her sister was one of the Weyr seamstresses, creating new garments and repairing old ones. Occasionally, she made covers for dragon couches as well. It had always seemed to the young goldrider that Tabryna and the other seamstresses were taken for granted, and she was pleased that at least one dragorider appreciated their skills. Or maybe he was just being nice.

She reached up and touched the shoulder pad that Scarlet was sitting on. “I've been thinking about making these and selling them. They prevent firelizards from digging their claws into your skin. What do you think? Is it a good idea?”

She had never told anyone else about selling the pads, but she had been considering the notion for some time. If she decided to do it, she would have to pass it by Ameris  first, just to make certain it was okay for goldriders to sell things they made. There were so many aspects of being a goldrider that she still didn't understand, but she did know that they were held to rather high standards even though they had few actual responsibilities.

“Very true,” she acknowledged. “I'm not as concerned with price as I am with quality.” Ambrya had saved a lot of marks over the past few years. There wasn't usually much to spend them on. She didn't drink and gamble like a lot of riders did and she doubted she ever would. Such activities didn't interest her at all. “There are probably quite a few stalls that sell rugs.”

She grinned when T'ryn claimed she should buy a piece of jewelry too. “That sounds like a fantastic idea. You should buy something special for yourself as well.” Handing the bolts of fabric she wanted to purchase to the stallkeeper, she told him how much she wanted of each one and after he had cut it for her, she paid him and tucked the fabric into a bag she had brought along for her purchases.

Ambrya slung the straps of the bag over her free shoulder. Because of the amount she had bought, it was quite heavy. It took a lot of cloth to make a couch cover. “Do you want to look for rugs with me, since you mentioned buying one too?”

T'ryn
of Bronze Syrendryth

Date of Birth
17.04.722, 22
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde, shorter

Threads

“You should!” T’ryn thought the shoulder pad was a brilliant idea and knew others would think so as well. The fact that it was a young goldrider that would be making and selling them didn’t cross his mind and he wouldn’t have known if it was proper or not even if it had. “I think they’d be a huge hit both in Weyr and Hold. I can see the lords and ladies liking them so they don’t ruin their fancy clothing with little tears from claws.” Knowing what little he did about those from Holds, T’ryn even suspected it’d become the latest must have item and fashion trend.

He was still thinking about the pads and whether or not he should ask to buy some for his brother Ayontay and their friend Madiquel when Ambrya mentioned something about treating himself as well. “Oh, I probably will,” he laughed, knowing his weakness when it came to shopping. He didn’t get out much to do such things but when he did, T’ryn found he walked away with at least one extra item he hadn’t planned on getting.

“And I would love to,” T’ryn was about to ask her to join him in rug hunting but had been beaten to the punch and smiled. Ambrya seemed to have a good eye for fabrics and colours and while she took his suggestion seriously, T’ryn felt a woman’s opinion on what rugs to get wouldn’t hurt.

He frowned as he watched her adjust to the weight of the bag and had an epic battle in his head over whether or not he should offer assistance. He didn’t want to come across as a jerk for not offering but at the same time he didn’t want to insult Ambrya by implying she was weak and needed help. Finally, caution was chucked to the wind and T’ryn gestured to the bag, “can I offer assistance in carrying the fabric? We can trade off at some point, at least, since I did encourage the selection of some of the colours."

Ambrya

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By:
T'ryn seemed quite enthusiasic about the shoulder pads. “I never thought of selling them to the lords and ladies, but you're right. They would probably be my best customers and might save some of the fabric that their clothes are made of so that I can make pads to match all of their outfits.”

Ambrya had no experience whatsoever with Holdfolk. Until this gather, she had never even seen them. She did love the ladies' elaborate gowns and had made some mental notes of some styles she would like to copy for herself. As for the pads, she would speak to Ameris. If it was improper for goldriders to sell their crafts, she might be able to sell them through her sister and give her part of the profits, as long as that also met with the Weyrwoman's approval.

It appeared that T'ryn liked to shop as much as she did. Idly, she wondered what sorts of things interested him and what he was thinking of buying for himself. She would have liked to ask, but the question seemed a bit too personal. If Tesamyth had not been dozing, Ambrya would have asked her to speak to Syrendryth about it. But then the bronze would tell his rider and he would think that she was nosy.

She was glad that he was willing to shop for rugs with her, although how long she would be able to look depended on how long she was able to deal with the weight of the fabric she had just bought. Ambrya wished she had told the shopkeeper to hold it for her until she came back and buy it later, but the purchase had been made. She struggled with the bag and the straps biting into her shoulder was almost as painful as Scarlet's talons.

T'ryn must have noticed that it was a bit heavy for her, and she sighed in relief when he offered to carry it. “I would greatly appreciate it,” she said, pulling it from her shoulder and handing it to him. “When it starts getting heavy, just tell me and I'll take it back.”

Leaving the fabric stall, she walked slowly, giving each stand a good look to see if they had rugs on display. “So what's your favorite color?” she asked curiously.

T'ryn
of Bronze Syrendryth

Date of Birth
17.04.722, 22
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde, shorter

Threads

T’ryn smiled as he hefted the bag onto his shoulder, giving it a little adjustment as he tested the weight. It wasn’t too bad – so far – but he knew from experience that even the lightest of items would start to feel heavy after being lugged about for a while. But even if he reached that point, he knew he wouldn’t mention it to Ambrya and pass the bag back to her. He was stronger, he hoped anyway for his ego’s sake, and wanted to do something nice for her.

“Blue,” T’ryn answered without hesitation, though red was right up there. “My aunt told me I’m very much like my father when she asked and I told her the reason. I find it to be a calming colour and it reminds me of the water. I would live in the ocean if it didn’t get cold and I didn’t turn into a prune.” He chuckled at the idea though when he was younger he used to wish he was part fish or even just a dragon so he could splash around in the water all day. He’d much rather be swimming than doing chores or even just walking everywhere. He’d still rather swim than do chores but at least he didn’t mind walking as much now.

“I’m going to guess red as yours. Or maybe that’s just Scarlet’s favourite colour?” T’ryn smiled at the firelizard and then turned his attention to a stall he stopped in front of. It had some wood carvings that could be used as decoration or perhaps toys and some items he suspected belonged in a kitchen but he had very little skill when it came to food prep. With a small shrug indicating that nothing really caught his eye, he started meandering on to the next one.

Ambrya

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By:
T'ryn was very sweet, offering to carry her bag for her. He lifted it as if it weighed nothing at all and it didn't seem unusually heavy for him either. Or maybe he was just trying to hide it so she wouldn't think poorly of him. Ambrya doubted that, though, for he was much taller and stronger than she was. Maybe he would carry it until she was ready to go or they decided to part ways, but she would take it back if he got tired of hauling it around.

So his favorite color was blue. Her eyes widened as he explained why he liked it and she grinned mischievously. “I could live in the ocean too. I love the water, and the sand on the beach, and even the fishy smell in the air. I wish it would hurry up and get warm so I can swim again. Tesamyth adores the ocean as much as I do. We swam together a lot last year.”

Ambrya glanced at each stall as she passed it. There were several that sold jewelry and she noted their locations so that she could go back to them later. “Red is Scarlet's favorite color. She often steals red objects and then I have to find out who they belong to. She sometimes annoys redheads by pulling on their hair and the cooks have complained several times that she has stuck her head in the red sauces they make.”

At least the stall that T'ryn stopped in front of didn't have anything red in it. Full of meatrolls, Scarlet seemed content to sit on her shoulder for now. “My favorite color is purple.” Spotting a stall with rugs on display, Ambrya pointed in that direction. “Look! Let's go see if they have what we're looking for.”

T'ryn
of Bronze Syrendryth

Date of Birth
17.04.722, 22
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde, shorter

Threads

"I'll keep an eye out for you at the beach or even invite you along when you're not busy," T'ryn loved swimming alone where he could think or just unwind but he definitely still enjoyed swimming with friends and having fun with splash fights or races. If the golden pair enjoyed the water as much as Syrendryth and he did, then they would be a welcomed addition to the gang of friends he often grabbed when in the mood to swim and socialize.

He was laughing at the idea of the firelizard chasing poor redheaded girls around when Ambrya spotted the perfect stall for their shopping needs. T'ryn happily perused the wares, finding a nice rug in shades of blue that, once again, reminded him of the ocean. It was tempting him, maybe in his living space, but it was a rug of green, brown, and cream that really caught his attention and he thought would be nice in his bedroom.

"I hope your hunt is going better. I found two that I like. I suppose I could get both," T'ryn bit his lip as he considered that. The prices weren't too bad and the rugs were needed. He shifted the bag of fabric as it tried to slide off his shoulder when he picked up the blue rug and returned to his task of bringing it and then the green one over to the merchant.

"Before I talk myself out of it, I'd like to get both, please. And if you could hang onto them for me for a bit longer? I'll be back soon to collect them." He wanted to look around a bit more with Ambrya before carting around his rugs and a trip out to where Syrendryth was waiting seemed pointless to run back and forth.

Ambrya

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By:
“And I'll do the same.  As soon as it gets warm enough, Tesamyth will start begging me to take her.”  Ambrya smiled indulgently.  “And I've never been able to resist her.”  She had quite a few friends herself, mostly girls she had grown up with in the creche, but none of them had dragons and now that she was a goldrider, a subtle distance had grown between them. They still had fun together but it wasn't the same.  

She was above them in status now, no longer just a lowly weyrbrat.  She supposed that her friends' aloofness was one of the drawbacks of impressing so young.  One day, perhaps some of them would become dragonriders too and then they would have more in common with her. Ambrya felt lonely sometimes for the company of people close to her own age.  Spending time with T'ryn and his friends would be fun.

She fed Scarlet another meatroll to keep her busy while they looked around the rug stall, for there were quite a few red ones on display.  Staying away from those, she found a matching set of pretty purple and mulberry rugs with golden accents that would go well with the fabric she had just bought.  The larger one could go in the middle of her weyr, the medium one under her desk, and the smallest one would look good in front of her bed.  

“I found a set that will match the couch cover I plan to make for Tesamyth.”  Her eyes widened when she saw the price tag on the largest one, but luckily, she had enough marks to afford all three of them.  Now she was glad that she had saved most of the marks she had received in the past couple of years.  She could splurge on something she really wanted.

“Those are lovely,” she told T'ryn when he picked up the two he had chosen and brought them over to the merchant.  After he had finished his transaction, she indicated the purple and mulberry set with a wave of one hand.  Though she could have lifted the smallest one, the other two were too heavy.  “I'll take these, and please hold them for me too.”

She paid the shopkeeper and watched him remove the rugs she had purchased to the back of the stall before turning back to T'ryn.  “Is there anything in particular that you want to look for next?” she asked him.

T'ryn
of Bronze Syrendryth

Date of Birth
17.04.722, 22
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde, shorter

Threads

He was relieved when Ambrya seemed to go a bit crazy with the rugs as well and smiled when she had them stored until their return. They didn’t need to rush now and T’ryn had to admit he worried a little that she would suggest going to their dragons right away and perhaps then head back to the Weyr, effectively getting away from him. He didn’t think he was doing too badly with socialising but he had misjudged situations in the past and Ambrya seemed rather nice and would probably lie until a good time to leave.

He frowned at another rug he had been staring at as Syrendryth chided him for thinking so little of himself. He couldn’t help it! His dad was perfect and everyone loved him and a large portion of his friends were care-free and well-liked. T’ryn often didn’t think he was up to the standards everyone held him to. He knew he fell short to the ones he held anyway. He really did have to stop doing that to himself.

“No, I’m happy to just meander around and see what else jumps out at me,” T’ryn smiled as he turned away from the rug and focused back on Ambrya and the good time he was having. He really was enjoying himself and exploring each stand with new friends. He almost wished Gathers did happen regularly so he could come every rest day and see what was new and eat delicious foods with a friend.

Feel free to wrap it up with your reply, if you like. Or they can keep wandering around.

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)