World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 04.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

Evening Escapade [I'shan]

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Deceased
It was slightly overcast today, which while primarily unnoticed for N'gelt, meant the sunset would be quite pretty, especially on dragonback. He was wandering through his hut aimlessly, running his hand through his shortly cropped hair over and over. Stress, an uncommon emotion for him to express, was rife through his mind. It had been a month since he had picked I'shan up and then later claimed him. That they were still pursuing some kind of strange relationship together was bringing up all sorts of memories and feelings that N'gelt just didn't enjoy. However on the flip side, I'shan made him feel amazing. It was a strange bubbly feeling in his stomach, one that he hadn't felt for many turns and he wasn't sure how welcome it was within him. It had taken quite a few days for him to properly acknowledge that he felt an attraction for I'shan that went beyond a handsome face and a good lay.

N'gelt? Saquith ventured, his jewelled eye peering in through the main living area's window. 'What?' N'gelt stopped his errant pacing abruptly, spinning to face his dragon. Why are you so stressed? It was unusually bold of the Brown to be pestering his rider about such personal things when he wasn't in a good mood, but the stress that pulsed along their mental link was worrying him. 'I… I'm going to ask I'shan to go for a flight.' N'gelt responded, to consumed in what he was planning to conjure or direct any anger towards Saquith. But you do that all the time, what is so different? Saquith crooned, misunderstanding N'gelt's intentions. 'No, no no… Go for a flight, with you and Ilveriath. Literally flying.' He corrected. Saquith's eyes whirled an excited mix of pink and blue. It had been a while since he had flown with N'gelt for pleasure rather than a need to get somewhere and to do so with I'shan and Ilveriath was just, well, wonderful. Ilveriath had taken up a fatherly role over Saquith in their month together, despite the Brown being much larger than the Blue. He enjoyed the relationship as much as their two riders did.

"That's it!" N'gelt exclaimed, slamming a fist onto his open palm. Saquith gave a bark, jumping up and away from the window. "I'm going!" He said firmly, turning on his heel and striding out of his hut. Riding straps dangled from his hand as he approached Saquith, unravelling them from one another. Saquith obediently lifted his legs and wings and moved about as needed while N'gelt put his straps on, watching excitedly and trilling occasionally. Once they were secure, N'gelt climbed up swiftly, Saquith standing a little too quickly in his eagerness to get in the air. 'Steady boy, you don't want me to fall off now do you?' Oh, no! I'm sorry! N'gelt chuckled softly as he clipped the safety straps on, given how excited Saquith was, he suspected he may try some fancy aerial manoeuvres during their flight. Slapping the great beast's shoulder he gave the signal to jump up, barely able to contain a grin as Saquith obediently thrust up with powerful legs.

Wind whipped through his short hair and tugged at his open jacket; it was still warm enough even in autumn and with the wind that even the riding jacket was a bit too much. Saquith gave a great bugle, quickly winging over to where I'shan's hut was. They were relatively close and with Saquith's large size the distance was covered quite easily. Backwinging, he gently dropped to the ground, bugling again, this time in greeting to Ilveriath. Hello Ilveriath! How are you today? He asked, resisting the urge to bounce about as his rider dismounted. As soon as N'gelt's feet had hit the ground, Saquith was bounding over to Ilveriath, chattering away excitedly, though not making very much sense.

N'gelt strode over to to the door of I'shan's hut, knocking thrice loudly before opening it and letting himself in. Nerves washed over him again, which Saquith answered with a reassuring croon. Bolstered by his dragon's positivity, he gave himself a light shake, standing tall and firm he watched with a small smile as I'shan approached him. He held up a hand, forestalling any questions he might have. "Get your riding straps," N'gelt paused, in an attempt to cover his nerves he was quite rude and demanding, something that while I'shan may find it attractive wasn't what he wanted to do. Clearing his throat he continued somewhat shakily. "Uh, I thought that, we could go for a flight. You know…" He trailed off, looking away from I'shan in embarrassment.

Feel free to steer them outside and onto their dragons if you want. Saquith is pretty much just gonna be uber excited and N'gelt hella awkward. xD

PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Archived
Ilveriath lay as a sharp contrast to Saquith’s energy. The blue was on his back in his wallow, with legs, tail, wings, and neck sprawled in every direction. He was doing his best to absorb the last hour of sunshine before nightfall. The weather was glorious for flight, but the languid blue just couldn’t be bothered to rouse himself. He was taking up far more space on the ground than a small dragon should, though he didn’t look quite as small as he was thanks to his sinewy neck and tapering tail. He was long and thin, fragile and graceful looking like a kite.

He didn’t bother to open his eyes as he sensed Saquith’s approach. That took energy. And a glorious evening to you two as well, Saquith. What brings you here? the blue asked lazily. He yawned and wriggled a bit, trying to get comfortable.

Ever since B’jin’s lashing, Ilveriath had been much more at ease with N’gelt. The brownrider had proven that he was going to take good care of I’shan, and that was good enough. In spite of a somewhat bad start with Saquith, Ilveriath had come to like the brown quite a lot as well. Saquith was so innocent and fun to be around, it amused the perpetually bored blue and gave him something else to coddle.

Ilveriath finally rolled onto his belly and yawned, looking up at Saquith with shining blue eyes.  For reasons I cannot explain, the blue said, I have an excellent feeling about tonight. Ilveriath didn’t have the energy to bounce, but he did lift his slender neck and press his snout dotingly against Saquith’s.

Inside, I’shan bolted eagerly to the door the moment Ilveriath alerted him to Saquith’s approach. I’shan smiled, greeting his lover with all his usual enthusiasm, and threw his arms around the man. “N’gelt! What’s the occasion?” he purred. He imagined it would be the usual; dinner and sex. But N’gelt’s next words surprised I’shan.

Of course, they came in the form of an order, which I’shan didn’t mind at all. It always excited him just a bit. But the content was best of all. Riding straps?

Flying?

I’shan had enough bounce for both himself and Ilveriath. He hopped up eagerly on the balls of his feet. How much more exciting than just sitting around! I’shan loved flying. He and Ilveriath flew together all the time. But flying with N’gelt? Amazing!

“Oh, really?!” he asked enthusiastically. He didn’t wait for a response before tearing through his hut to fetch his straps, jacket and goggles. He was in need of a good adventure, especially after everything that had gone on lately. He was back in only a few minutes, a wide grin running across his face.

Il! Listen to how embarassed he is I’shan crooned mentally. N’gelt was so obviously out of his element asking to do such a sentimental thing…it was precious. I’shan eagerly snatched N’gelt’s wrist and hauled him outside before he started strapping Ilveriath up. The dragon groaned lazily and rose to his feet, but he was actually more excited than he let on outwardly. Now this was going to be something worth doing.

A moment later, I’shan sprang onto Ilveriath’s neck. The bluerider cast a fond smile to N’gelt before the pair took off, eager to begin their first flight together with their new favorite companions.

Ilveriath crooned.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Saquith trilled happily, rubbing his nose up against Ilveriath's face and neck. We're going for a fly! Together! He announced excitedly. I'm excited! We don't fly just because very often… Saquith's voice held a tint of sadness to it, but also understanding. N'gelt was busy, as was much of the Weyr, a lot of the time and while of course he cared and catered for his dragon, there was little time spent relaxing in flight.

N'gelt watched as I'shan bounced about and dashed through his hut, it was almost like a human Saquith once he had figured out it was flying not sex on the menu tonight. With the speed in which I'shan was moving and the embarrassment overtaking his mind, N'gelt barely let out a peep when his wrist was grabbed and hauled outside. Any other day he would be reprimanding I'shan, nobody ordered N'gelt around! But today, today was different. It had been a week since B'jin had been publicly lashed, something that had effected I'shan more than N'gelt would have thought. It had taken him the entire week to think of something to brighten I'shan's mood, while he liked to be dominating and in control, there was a reason N'gelt was drawn back to the Bluerider over and over. This week he had lost that little spark and he was determined to bring it back.

Thus far, it seemed to be working.

When I'shan let go of his wrist he hoisted himself up onto Saquith, attempting to clip down his straps as the excited Brown bounced up and down on the spot. "Steady boy," he said in a low voice, sending a calm mental wave to the dragon. Saquith stilled for a few moments, allowing his rider to attach the necessary safety straps before bounding forward and leaping up into the air.

Pale wings sliced through the air as he pushed himself high, eyes whirling a vibrant, fast pink. Where shall we go? Saquith asked N'gelt who frowned in thought. He hadn't bothered to plan on where they would go beyond up. Glancing around he finally noticed the scattered clouds, with the sun beginning its decent in the west. 'It doesn't matter, just keep the sun visible.' He replied. Yes, N'gelt did have a concept of romance. No, he never used it in earnest. Typically his romantic endeavours were just a lead up to the sex he eventually wanted to gain and thus had very little personal thought to them. There certainly was something special about I'shan, especially since it was making the strong, masculine N'gelt turn somewhat romantic, gooey even.

Saquith bugled excitedly, dropping and swooping sideways beneath Ilveriath. He brushed his wing tips against the Blues as he rose up on the other side of him. Though he could not physically grin, he most certainly was mentally and no doubt the empathetic Ilveriath would pick up on it. N'gelt laughed at his Brown, who was now swooping forward in a side-to-side motion, unable to contain his energy any longer. His laugh was cut off by a gasp as Saquith brought his wing in and flipped them in a horizontal roll. 'Saquith!' Yes? There was a whole slew of cheekiness in the Brown's tone, something N'gelt hadn't heard in a while. '…A little warning next time?' Even N'gelt couldn't bring himself to tell Saquith off, the dragon's joy was bleeding into his own body, causing him to tingle all over. …Or maybe that was the adrenaline.

We should play a game! Saquith crowed to Ilveriath. N'gelt caught his words and winced, that didn't sound good. "I think they're plotting against us!" He shouted across to I'shan, unsure if his mate could hear him.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

One can never fly enough Ilveriath commented contently as he lifted off. The cooling air quickly filled his wing sails and carried his thin  form aloft. He pitied Saquith in a way; the little fleck of sadness was all to visible to the blue. He felt Saquith was kept on entirely too short a leash, but who was he to question another dragon's choice in their bonded? Saquith must have had his reasons for selecting the restrictive and unimaginative N'gelt.

I'shan must have had his reasons, as well. Ilveriath was relieved at he happiness coursing through his lifemate as they rose skyward. I'shan had been awfully subdued in the days since the lashing, something Ilveriath has been quietly and patiently helping him through. N'gelt's unexpected and surprisingly adept effort to snap I'shan back into his normal happy mood was much appreciated. In fact, in spite of his normal quiet nature, Ilveriath decided to comment.

Thank you kindly, N'gelt the blue said, his musical voice flowing like a happy spring into N'gelt's mind. Once again, you have made my I'shan very happy. You make him feel safe and loved, something he longs for the blue said with approval.

He let out a loud rumble as Saquith passed beneath him and surged forward, his brown body trailing from side to side as he flew. I'shan's heart raced in excitement as he spurred his dragon forth, not to be outdone.

Ilveriath shot forward like a cerulean arrow, his thin, almost green0like body cutting a trail through the air and quickly racing up beside Saquith. The lithe blue passed close before cutting in front with a sudden surge of effort, his body twisting acrobatically in front of Saquith before sloping into a sudden dive.

"Of course they are! It's always a plot, with this one!" I'shan shouted joyously over the whipping wind as they passed by.

Ilveriath was deeply amused. What kind of game do you have in mind? he asked Saquith in a sly manner, all but whispering.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

At first N'gelt had thought it was Saquith talking to him, with the two dragons having such similar voices. The approval from the Blue let his ego swell; he had made a good choice! He nodded to Ilveriath, letting his content and happiness rise to the surface. While he couldn't directly reply to the Blue, he was a search dragon and N'gelt knew that he'd be able to skim the surface of his emotions.

Saquith gave a squealing croon as Ilveriath pulled up beside him, he was a fast and quick dragon, especially so beside his own more stamina-geared build. If he could he would have giggled like a little girl as the Blue twisted and dove in front of him, instead he gave a small rumble from high in his throat. Eager not to be left behind he swooped down, his larger wingstrokes making up for his slower speed as he fell in beside Ilveriath.

It was a sudden silence that filled N'gelt's mind as Saquith strove to keep his bonded out of the game he planned, one that caused him to frown in both shock and awe. Saquith had always been a very passive dragon, he couldn't recall a single time that the Brown had made a conscious effort to silence the mental link between them. N'gelt, for once, didn't have the urge to scold his dragon, though he did wonder where this little burst of determination had come from. His eyes slipped over to I'shan and Ilveriath, was Saquith learning to be cheeky from them? It was most likely, as he never spoke to other humans and not many dragons socially.

Saquith thought for a few moments, he hadn't thought that far ahead, having expected the playful Blue to suggest one straight away. I'm not sure, he whispered. It was taking all of his strength to make sure that his rider couldn't hear him speaking and as such he was now flying relatively straight. How about… who can freak their rider out the most? While perhaps not the most typical of games, it was a bold and daring suggestion to Saquith. N'gelt would of course, play as if he wasn't surprised or taken aback by his dragon's antics, but perhaps their lack of acrobatic flying lately would give him the edge of surprise. Unless you have a better idea? Saquith quickly added on, insecurity seeping into his voice.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

To Ilveriath, flying before Saquith felt like darting ahead of an immense rolling boulder. Saquith was larger and so powerful, his great windstrokes easily closing the gap between them as Ilveriath flickered to and fro in a playful effort to stay ahead. It took some serious joy to coax the lazy blue into this sort of display, but it was difficult for even smooth-flowing Ilveriath not to feed off of the playfulness of both I'shan and Saquith.

The blue felt N'gelt's approval and let out a deep rumble, which resonated pleasingly up through I'shan's body and mind, filling him with a complimentary sense of security and happiness. The little bluerider was thrilled that everyone was enjoying themselves so. He was so lost in his own romantic musings that he was completely oblivious to Ilveriath's plotting.

Such was often the case. Ilveriath didn't have to work hard to quiet his connection with I'shan, who had such a short attention span that Ilveriath could often slip away unnoticed. Ilveriath could detect the brown's misgivings, though. N'gelt was hard on the poor brown, who seemed to be in constant need of approval and consoling. That was not unlike I'shan, Ilveriath thought.

It made sense that Saquith would seem nervous about his proposed game, but to Ilveriath it was a small matter. He was often thrust into such adventures by I'shan's spontaneity. This could be nothing at all. The blue projected a mental embrace to his companion and sngled his wings a bit, speeding up just slightly as the wind turned in their favor.

Dear Saquith the blue said coyly, That is a lovely plan.

There was a long, calculated pause as the dragonpairs sailed through the breeze.

Me first

Ilveriath suddenly dropped one wing and fanned the other, spinning into a sudden pivot. I'shan let out a yip of shock, fear and excitement as he gripped the harness, his small body slung tight against the straps as they swung around in place.

Ilveriath wasn't done. He dropped around a dragonlength before fanning his open wing a second time, turning a graceful but frightfully fast corkscrew as he plummeted into a dive.

A biting pang of terror shot through I'shan, who let out probably the least masculine scream N'gelt would have ever heard as he gripped close to his dragon's neck. The fear was quickly replaced by a tense of giddy thrill as adrenaline tore through the spunky bluerider's system. Ilveriath crooned reassuringly as he leveled out, sending a steady stream of I'shan's fear-tinged joy to Saquith so the brown could compare.

Your turn, Saquith

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Saquith's body rippled with delight and excitement when Ilveriath approved of his idea. The mental embrace made him croon softly, barely audible over the wind. N'gelt frowned at his Brown as both the dragons evened out with their flights. The pause was ominous and he didn't like how it felt. "I don't think…" Whatever was left of N'gelt's sentence abandoned him as Ilveriath pivoted and yanked I'shan about in a tight pivot. His eyes narrowed as he watched the Blue perform agile manoeuvres that he could only dream of Saquith performing. This had an oddly orchestrated feeling to it.

Ilveriath levelled, with Saquith offering a joyous bugle to his friend. N'gelt frowned, about to call out to see if I'shan was alright after his squealing. Saquith wouldn't have a bar of it though, apparently.

Well done! Beat this!

Saquith let out a challenging bellow, pumping his wings powerfully to gain height. At the peak of one of his wing sweeps he pulled his wings in sharply to his body. There was a moment of stillness as the Brown hung in the air, N'gelt felt his heart rising into his throat and his stomach twisting into knots. He didn't have the presence of mind to scold or attempt to halt his dragon's incoming antics.

They fell. Like the heavy boulder that he flew like, Saquith dropped as hard and as fast as he could. He dipped he head down, falling like a bird of prey. His wing flicked out, mimicking the corkscrew that Ilveriath had performed. It wasn't tight like the Blue's, but it was just as fast, if not faster from his weight.

Wind was whipping by too fast for him to hear anything, but N'gelt felt it.

Snap!

There was a more serious downside to not partaking in joy flights more often, which N'gelt was now experiencing as he felt his body floating away from Saquith's neck. The leathers, ill-cared for, were wearing thin and when strained by Saquith's acrobatics had snapped. N'gelt looked down, not sure what was happening. Was this the slow-motion people talked about when they say their lives flashed before their eyes in near-death experiences? But he wasn't seeing his life. Instead he was seeing Saquith, spiralling down, down, down…

Down!

He wasn't floating, he was falling! This reality slammed into N'gelt as if he had hit the earth, sending him reeling. "SAQUITH!" He screamed. Fear, horror, terror… Every type and form of fear pulsed through his body as he watched his lifemate diving rapidly away from him.

Saquith felt the fear throb into his mind, which he trilled in response to. It was much stronger than what Ilveriath had sent along to him! He flicked his wing shut, dropping for a moment before he flared the other and wound into a corkscrew in the opposite direction. It was too late when his rider's voice reached him, the sound of pure, unadulterated terror. His wings flared as wide as possible as he flapped madly, his head reeling upwards to watch N'gelt fall. The terror he felt gripped Saquith, his mind stuttering as he hung in the air. The Brown was falling as well now, though his wings were at least steadying his decent as he gazed with white eyes at N'gelt.

Help…

A sole, quiet whispered plea was uttered to both Ilveriath and I'shan.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Ilveriath was not one to envy power, but when seeing it in such grand display, he had to give his croon of approval. Fragile and flowing, Ilveriath could only wheel out of the way as Saquith plunged past him with frightful speed. It was an impressive display.

I'shan giggled wildly and slapped Ilveriath's neck, issuing a mental request for the pair to pursue. Ilveriath complied, sailing downwards as a lazy angle, too conscious of his rider's well-being to sling him around anymore. Your head is still spinning from the first dive Ilveriath said lovingly, preempting I'shan's complaints about the slow pace. I'shan projected a mental pout at the dragon, but both knew better than to take it seriously.

Ilveriath rumbled, his version of laughed. I'shan was such a spoiled child.

The blue angled himself a bit more, flattening his wings halfway and dipping into a faster dive. He let out an encouraging call to Saquith, but it caught short in his long throat as he realized what had happened.

snap!

I'shan hadn't seen it yet. Shards, even Saquith didn't seem to see it yet! Could he not feel his rider's distress? Did he think it was part of the game?

Ilveriath let out a piercing shriek. He never shrieked, in fact he tended to be quite quiet! I'shan's heart almost stopped at that shriek, stunned by a sudden wave of anxiety and analytic concern from Ilveriath, followed by a warm cushion of falsified reassurance.

Stay calm! Ilveriath warned firmly as his wings flared, sending him like an arrow down to the earth below. N'gelt's cry fluttered past the blue, but it was lost on the wind before it could reach I'shan.

The bluerider let out a yelp and gripped the dragon's neck more tightly, blood pumping furiously at the sight of N'gelt suspended in the air above Saquith. The rider heard Saquith's quiet plea and bit back a terrified yelp of his own.

Ilv!! What do we do?!

Ilveriath did not respond. He shrieked a second time as he  tried to close the gap between himself and N'gelt, but the distance was too great. Without instruction, the blue winked between.

It felt like way too long. N'gelt and Saquith were left to plummet alone through the eerily quiet world of the clouds before Ilveriath's glossy hide appeared again, level with N'gelt but around a full dragonlength too far to the left. As much as the dragon had wanted to appear right beside him, the risk of collision was too great.

I'shan's hands trembled as he gazed at his lover. The ground was racing towards them!

Ilv! Ilv, what do I do? I'shan pleaded again.

Anxious himself but refusing to let it show, the blue managed a gentle rumble for his bonded. I'shan? You have to pull him in the blue instructed warmly, trying to keep the strain from his voice and his mind. Reach out and pull him towards us. He could sense I'shan's fear; fear of falling, fear of failure...fear of being unable to save someone he cared for.

Ilveriath forcibly squashed his own fear into a dark corner of his mind, shielding I'shan from it so the little bluerider could be brave.

I'shan could feel tears forming behind his goggles. Ilveriath was often successful at hiding emotions from I'shan, but only because the bluerider didn't pay him near enough attention most of the time. Now was different.

I could never be brave without you...

The hopelessness in I'shan's voice distressed Ilveriath. He shrieked a third time, sending a shockwave through I'shan, who let out a wail of his own. Ilveriath's eyes flushed red.

I'm not asking you to. I'm right here! Now reach for him. I will not let you go. I will never let you go. The blue's placid voice stretched like an over-tightened guitar string. I'shan winced and looked to the side, suddenly realizing that Ilveriath had gradually inched them closer to N'gelt.

I'shan inhaled deeply. He would only have once chance, he realized. The pair loomed just a few feet away and slightly higher, poised perfectly for Ilveriath to slide down beside the brownrider and allow I'shan to pull him in. He would have to be quick, though. Otherwise, Ilveriath would risk slamming N'gelt with his wings.

Are you ready?

I-...yes

I'shan?

GO!

The pair lurched forward, Ilveriath's wings flattening against his slender body as he moved alongside N'gelt. I'shan reached out with both hands, trusting his own straps to hold him in place as he extended aid to his lover. He stretched as far as he could, preparing to draw N'gelt in to Ilveriath's neck the moment they made contact.

Then, he would never let go.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Astral boy, you're so high will you ever come down?

N'gelt couldn't see I'shan and Ilveriath above him, he was falling facing the earth below staring at Saquith. He knew the Brown was frozen and at a loss for what to do. Saquith was too big and N'gelt too small for him to safely rescue without potentially injuring his rider, nevermind that there was no time for him to work past the fear coursing through the pair.

He was almost coming to grips with his imminent death, gazing at the tiny patchwork of Katila Weyr that sprawled beneath them. The main halls were easy enough to pick out from their size and location in relation to the mountain that cradled the Weyr, though the huts were tiny and hard to pick out at this height. It was a long, slow death that awaited N'gelt. Or more, the build up to it was to be that way, given he would be falling at terminal velocity, the instant he hit the earth he would be alive no longer.

'I'shan… I'm sorry.' He thought. Emotions he was unused to began to swirl through his head; love, despair and guilt featuring primarily amongst them. Saquith mentally tried to press up against his rider, to try and offer him some kind of solace. It was comforting to N'gelt, that he would at least be near those he loved as he died, even if he had a poor way of showing it.

When Ilveriath materialised from between N'gelt didn't notice them, but Saquith did. He let out a furious roar. It wasn't angry or threatening, there was only a peculiar mix of hope and despair within it. N'gelt frowned, feeling the hope that pulsated along their mental bond. Glancing around he saw the Blue a little under a dragonlength away, shrieking as his eyes flashed red.

Red.

Ilveriath was angry, but at what? Himself no doubt, for allowing such a stupid thing to happen, for ruining what would have been a lovely occasion out. As this conclusion formed in his mind, Saquith drew and expanded on it, he had suggested that they be so bold and acrobatic, he had caused the strap to break. His eyes flashed a rapid and deep red, furious with himself that he had done such a thing. White returned after a few moment, despite his disgust at himself the dragon was still terrified for N'gelt.

N'gelt watched and felt the emotions whirling through his dragon, clashing and bucking against the ones that he felt personally. When I'shan's hands closed around his limp and outstretched arm he jerked, the touch taking him by surprise. Looking over he realized this was his last chance, that by the Blue holding his wings closed he was endangering his and his rider's lives to save him.

Frantically he grappled with I'shan's arms, pulling himself closer until he was positioned on Ilveriath's neck. Still with the same sense of urgency he fumbled with the extra straps, hooking himself in so tight that it would probably cut his circulation off in a little while. He had no plans on staying in the air any longer than necessary however. As he did so Ilveriath's wings flared, sending his stomach into his mouth from the sudden change of speed. His head reeling he clutched I'shan tightly, tears finally making their presence known behind his goggles. He made no move to clear the fog they were creating, finding a scrap of solace in how they were hiding the ground that had almost come rushing up to meet him.

To the side Saquith wheeled around, flying parallel with Ilveriath. His eyes were now a mixture of white and blue; happiness at his rider's safety fighting with the lingering fear. He flew as close as he could without interfering with the Blue, eager to reach the ground and feel N'gelt's hands against his hide.

When they landed N'gelt was still pressed close against I'shan's back, refusing to let go from his saviour. It took Saquith's pitiful creeling and his nose bumping against them several times for N'gelt to move, ever so reluctantly releasing his grip on I'shan. Before the Bluerider could turn around he lifted his goggles and wiped the tears away, though there was no doubt that I'shan had felt the sobs wracking his body as they descended.

N'gelt! Saquith's whine was unexpected, causing N'gelt to jump slightly. Swinging hi leg over Ilveriath's neck he jumped to the ground, pausing for a moment and closing his eyes as he felt the ground beneath his feet, something he had thought he would never feel again.

In a moment of absolute tenderness N'gelt turned and threw himself at Saquith, clutching the Brown's snout in a tight embrace. 'It wasn't your fault. It wasn't, I promise.' He reassured him, sensing his dragon's sense of guilt swelling. It wouldn't have happened if I hadn't dived like that! Saquith insisted pitifully. 'No, no! I should have tended to your straps. You didn't know. It's not your fault.' He spoke the end of his sentence aloud, as if speaking it would make Saquith give in. It seemed to work to some extent, as Saquith gave a low grumble but ceased to pursue the topic.

After a few minutes N'gelt let go of Saquith's snout and turned to face I'shan. He was sheepish, unable to quite meet his lover's eyes properly. "I…" He started, but the words stuck in his throat, refusing to come out. Stepping forward he reached out, grabbing him by the hand and pulling him close. He clutched I'shan against him, barely able to restrain himself from crushing the more delicate man in his grasp.

There were no words needed now.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Those perilous moments were among the longest in I'shan's short life.

He forced himself to open his eyes as he searched for N'gelt's arm with his own grasping hands. I'shan swallowed a desperate cry as he felt N'gelt recoil, undoubtedly roused from resignation, and finally clutch to him. "N'gelt!" I'shan screamed above the whipping wind, his voice drowned out to his own ears. Could N'gelt even hear him?

No matter right now! I'shan's hands snapped back to his own straps once N'gelt was secure. Ilveriath's relif washed over the still-panicked bluerider like a gentle ebbing tide, filling both partners with shared elation.  As Ilveriath spread his wings to catch their fall, both partners knew they would be safe.

As they descended, I'shan was keenly aware of N'gelt's heartrending sobs. Even a naive man like I'shan could see what a hard man N'gelt was, how reluctant he was to show emotion. As they descended slowly back to Pern,  I'shan wanted nothing more than to twist around and embrace N'gelt, to ease the pain...

Ilveriath, mentally and physically exhausted, allowed his own tension to diffuse and slipped quietly into his bonded's mind. He found such a wealth of affection there, tender concern for N'gelt and delayed gratitude for Ilveriath' encouragement, the very foundation of his own bravery. Ilveriath rumbled and channeled their twin affections to N'gelt, trying his best to reassure the man when I'shan could not.

They were soon on the ground. Ilveriath landed lightly and immediately lowered his neck, allowing both men to dismount as soon as possible. I'shan shuddered for a moment, clutching Ilveriath's neck in an effort to keep his hand from shaking, while N'gelt and Saquith were reunited behind them. I'shan was just as reluctant for N'gelt to let go as N'gelt was to actually initiate their separation.

Thank you for making me brave he whispered to his blue.

I only encouraged you.  It is you who deserve the praise Ilveriath whispered in reply. Both sat there as if terrified to move for a couple long minutes before I'shan finally pried himself away, turning around to the sweet sight of N'gelt embracing Saquith. Ishan's heart pounded in his throat. He'd never seen N'gelt so gentle before...

The bluerider broke out into a silly smile as N'gelt approached him. There was the familiar hesitance, the pride that kept N'gelt from expressing his feelings. Before I'shan could answer N'gelt's stuttering with an embrace, the brownrider pulled him close.

I'shan welcomed the firm grip and buried his face into N'gelt's shoulder. The bluerider quickly burst into tears.

He never wanted to let go.

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)