World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Winter 01.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [O] 737.04.30 | Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end
9 AM | R'vi

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Deceased
It was still odd to experience this sort of weather so many months after he would have expected it to have finished. K'hel was aware that in time he'd adjust - they all would - but right now he still had that sensation of not being quite right to have a bright spring day when normally everything would be changing towards Winter as the Autumn carried on. This like so much else about life in the North required a skill at adaptation and K'hel wasn't sure he would be comfortably making the change - again

Exactly you've done it before. When you left. Didn't you find it as odd? "Yes, it was but...it was a lot more exciting. It was after all the start of something so new, and different.

So, it made sense that even the seasons and weather would be different as well" it probably didn't make much sense to Nurath. K'hel was perfectly aware that it didn't really make much sense to him now that he was thinking about it properly. That was one of the real benefits of being able to have a companion like Nurath Well that is because I am the best all around the deep sense of smugness that radiated from the dragon didn't require K'hel to look around to where the large mound of pale blue took up the bulk of the medium-sized beach they'd discovered earlier in the week.

"How am I supposed to argue with that, hmm?" he replied You aren't this time K'hel did turn and he rolled his eyes with a rather fond expression written across his features at the same time.

K'hel loved his dragon, the feeling more than mutual of course but it was a wonderfully warm comfort to be so very certain about in these changing times. He might not know what the future would be bringing them but K'hel was perfectly confident that he could rely completely upon Nurath no matter what else might end up happening Are you actually going to swim or simply stand about all day thinking poetical thoughts about the wonder of me...if you are going to be full of poems you should share them with others the laughter came immediately afterwards as K'hel nodded "Yes, yes! I'm going. Why are you bothered? It's not like either of us need to rush off anywhere..." he commented.

The beach while fairly isolated wasn't exactly unknown to the those who could access it, so K'hel wasn't expecting company but it remained a possibility depending on what the rest of the Weyr was up to at the moment. He wasn't skirting his duties but the chance to cool off in the ocean had been a temptation that K'hel had been unable to resist.

Pulling off his riding leathers, he bent to remove his boots and then pulled out the loose top he wore underneath, leaving only the light cloth of his underpants. He'd considered going completely natural but decided he really didn't want to come back out and sit his bare arse back down on the sand. There was no fun in all the interesting places the sand could end up finding its way into and K'hel would prefer not to have the grit in some of his more sensitive areas I wouldn't have teased you that often if you'd forgotten Nurath offered the comment with one briefly open eye as he watched his rider run into the crashing waves rolling up onto the shoreline.

Nurath would keep an eye on any possible dangers but there was no reason to expect anything but a pleasant interlude all around for them both to enjoy.

PA - First Post!

R'vi
of Blue Vydoriath

Date of Birth
28.05.712, 32
Height
5'9
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Brown, shaggy

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
It appears someone else had the same idea, Vydoriath pointed out soon after they appeared from between above the section of beach he had met Indivara at months before. He’d made a few more trips since then both because Igen’s beaches were a bit nicer than Ista’s and this one in particular was secluded and not near his own Weyr. Of course if anyone wanted to find him it wouldn’t be hard but most people would leave him alone for a bit of down time and possible nap on the beach.

R’vi frowned for a moment when Vydoriath’s comment drew his gaze across the sand and to the blue dragon that seemed to like the nap idea. He didn’t mind sharing the area; it wasn’t like it was his personal beach or anything. He just couldn’t place who the dragon was or who he’d be bonded to. R’vi concluded the dragon was likely from a clutch after his own, when he was too busy with caring for the giant blue that lazily circled his way to the sand. That didn’t mean he was any less inclined to find out who the dragon was bonded to and R’vi eagerly climbed down from his dragon and began stripping off riding gear and then his clothes.

A wave was given to the dragon he suspected wasn’t actually sleeping and would be watching the intruder on his rider’s swim time before R’vi bounded into the water wearing only a pair of shorts he had thrown on out of a new habit for when he came swimming at the beach. He called out a greeting to the fellow bluerider and waited until his attention was caught before eyeing him up, trying to see if he could place the man. It took several seconds but he recalled seeing the young dragonrider around Katila shortly after proper Searching began again.

He had only started to pick up where R’nd had left off by filling the role of official greeter to Candidates that weren’t ridiculously young and introducing them to the fun side of Weyr life so he was able to recognize the bluerider and after a moment of thinking on it, he recalled a name as well. That was about as much as he knew about the man, not having spent too much time socializing with him before the big move North and into all of the Weyrs.

“K’hel, right? Hope you don’t mind company. Vydoriath and I decided to escape for the morning since we’re not needed until later today.” Now that he was closer to K’hel, R’vi took in more details and decided he liked what he saw and was even happier they decided to go for a swim here rather than at the usual spot in Ista. The view, at least, was suddenly a lot nicer.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Naturally enough Nurath had been perfectly aware of the approach of another dragon and their rider; he would be a poor lookout indeed to have missed something as obvious as that We have company. But I don't know the names... there was some apology in that soft mental connection as Nurath opened his eyes slowly and blinked at the other blue dragon who'd just landed on the soft and welcoming heat of the grainy beach.

Nurath was sure the dragon wasn't a complete stranger but at the same time, it was also clear enough that he wasn't part of Igen Weyr and therefore it made sense he wouldn't be as familiar with individuals outside of those who he was spending the majority of his time.

<<Really?>> it was a question that didn't need much of an answer as K'hel shifted about in the water, standing up and letting the liquid fall from his person as he waded back to the shore, the waves down lapping just below his waist as he returned the greeting with a wave in the direction of the man "Hey! umm you have the advantage of me; but that isn't hard" K'hel paused to chuckle, the low rumble clearly indicating he wasn't upset about the matter but rather more inclined to fix the issue of introductions sooner rather than later "You're fine though. Nurath and I enjoy coming here but it's not about being alone - and yes, I'm K'hel - you aren't part of Igen are you?" if it turned out that the other rider actually was than he was about due for one heap of embarrassment.

"And morning to you as well Vydoriath" it would have been rude not to say something to the other dragon as he finally finished his walking wade back to the sandy beach and felt the grains sticking to the base of his feet "The water is fantastic - I recommend it completely" K'hel added, starting for the pile of his clothes and the bag that he'd dropped which contained a large enough sheet to help him dry off with the assistance of the springtime sun.

PA - First Post!

R'vi
of Blue Vydoriath

Date of Birth
28.05.712, 32
Height
5'9
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Brown, shaggy

Threads

R’vi laughed at himself as he was essentially brushed off by his fellow bluerider that left the water to go dry off or even leave. “I’m glad it wasn’t a wasted trip out here,” he replied in a light tone before running into the water and diving under the waves when it was deep enough. He emerged a moment later with a content sigh. He really loved the water. It was refreshing but also open and left him with a sense of freedom that was truly only comparable to when he was flying with Vydoriath. He was about to lean back and just float for a bit when he remembered he was being a bit rude and ignored the hint that he should introduce himself.

He turned back to face the shore to see if his companion was still around and smiled when he saw K’hel. “I’m R’vi, by the way. The blueriding Vian,” he chuckled and then wondered if the man was even at Katila when N’vian and him were simply Vian and didn’t have dragons to help everyone tell them apart. Time was blurring together for him; was this what it was like to get old? He frowned for a moment, concerned since he was only twenty-five, and then shook that thought away. “I went to Ista so nothing to worry about!”

Vydoriath gave an amused snort from his spot on the sand, It would have been fun to tell him you were in the same wing or lived three weyrs down from him and see his reaction. R’vi bit back the laughter his dragon’s comment wanted to cause. I debated it but thought I’d be nice to this one. Maybe the next rider we come across will bring out the mischievous side.

R’vi dove under water for another quick dip to cool off and swam for the shore when he emerged and saw K’hel looked like he would stay a bit longer. He’d come to the beach to cool off and relax but socializing was a good way to spend down time as well and R’vi enjoyed making friends. Back on dry land, he padded over to his pile of belongings and grabbed the towel though he didn’t dry off with it. Instead he meandered over to K’hel and spread the towel on the sand a few feet away and stretched out on it. “What do you think of Igen?” R’vi glanced at his companion and then back out at the lake, taking in the simple beauty of it. “Ista’s pretty great. We’re small but I like it. I mean, I also have Ameris as Weyrwoman and she’s hot. Just don’t tell M’ris I said that!” He laughed, not at all worried about the Weyrleader.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Part of him wondered how much the other rider was sparing his feelings but to whatever extent that ended up being K'hel wasn't going to ask and instead chose to merely stick to being grateful, albeit in silence about the whole matter "The water is good, right? I love feeling all that coolness on days like this; even if a part of me thinks I should be worrying more about freezing off some of my essential parts -- still that what happens when you move across the world, right?" K'hel was a comfortable sort of man when it came to chatting to anyone and it was always good to take the time to just...hang out without having to think complicated thoughts.

"I know that name; I think...I'm sorry though I'm fairly terrible with names" rather less since he'd realised how much of an issue it could be when dealing with all the faces he'd be likely to meet That is why you have me, to remind you of remembering them the smooth transition into his mind from his dragon made K'hel smile. While his own skills were limited Nurath's were non-existent. Just like dragons everywhere when it came to long-term recollection.

K'hel shrugged "It's good. I suppose. Some days I feel more like I'm settled in than not but I still need to work out the kinks I guess -- like wearing a new set of clothes or something. I just need to feel properly comfortable and that will come sooner rather than later" of that he was perfectly confident and K'hel really did like being in the new Weyr "...oh pretty Weyrwoman hmm? Anyone else catching your eye?" if he wanted to talk flirting then he was very much ready to be on board with that.

PA - First Post!

R'vi
of Blue Vydoriath

Date of Birth
28.05.712, 32
Height
5'9
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Brown, shaggy

Threads

“Who doesn’t catch my eye?” R’vi replied as he shifted to lie down on his back, tossing a grin at his companion. He didn’t think of himself as a saint where he could see beauty in everyone no matter what their outward appearance was, but R’vi also didn’t think he was purely shallow and only saw that layer. He imagined time with Indivara had done that to him. He knew the girl and her personality before she was scarred from the attack by the bronze dragonet so he barely registered the scars on her face. He knew she believed people didn’t want her because of them and R’vi had never found the courage to point out that his playful flirting was a bit more serious than she knew. Still, he wasn’t one to judge a book by its cover and was easygoing enough to enjoy whomever was in front of him at the time.

“But if you mean anything in a serious manner, then nah. I tried a somewhat commitment thing before and it didn’t really work out. I’m happy with sharing now.” Tavynia had been fun but also a handful. She also served as a great reminder as to why he liked things at a casual level. He frowned up at the sun, draping an arm across his eyes as he remembered all the fun at the parties N’vian and him threw regularly before Impressing. Those had been the good old days and were suddenly extremely missed. Then again, he likely just missed his twin and wondered what trouble he was getting into up at Telgar.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

It sounded like the other rider was a man after his own heart "I can relate to that for sure. Though I've sworn off being involved with anyone for a little while. Best to be sure of welcome than not" and the recent move had upset a few things in his own head. K'hel had gotten used to the idea of being a father; but it was odd to realise he had more than one child and that the other was well...not going to be acknowledged as his. At least not where any of the Holderfolk would be listening in.

That was a little odd. K'hel might not have been Weyrbred but he'd accepted their way of thinking with an easy grace that only made him happy to have truly found his place And me. You have me as well. And we are good together and we will fly high! the response of his dragon was interesting but marked the movement of the large blue as it stretched out his neck, lifting it up - the wide eyes whirling with their bright colours and general happiness about the moment "Serious isn't my bent either. I was promised once, it didn't work out for either of us. I think it was better that we parted ways mind. I think she is happier not being wedded to me" it would have been hard for the lass to deal with his wandering eye.

This was better. Not perfect but K'hel wasn't looking for it.

"What is your Weyr like? Aside from pretty Weyrwomen?" he asked, pleased to be having a pleasant and relaxed conversation with someone. It was a whole lot of fun to chat and catch the sun while doing nothing else and not thinking about being responsible.

PA - First Post!

R'vi
of Blue Vydoriath

Date of Birth
28.05.712, 32
Height
5'9
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Brown, shaggy

Threads

“Ista Weyr was my home before we had to leave due to the plague, though I was only four or so at that time so Katila is more home to me than anywhere else. Still, it’s pretty nice. It’s small but we have a good group of people there. I like it,” he imagined he’d like Telgar better or Ista would be fine if N’vian was there with him. R’vi was still mad at the older dragonriders’ strong suggestion he pick a different Weyr than his twin’s if he wanted N’vian to succeed. He would have been well-behaved and let N’vian do his Weyrleader thing without interruption or corruption if they shared the same Weyr. He wasn’t that bad! Besides, after N’vian Impressed first, there had been a small rift, thanks to R’vi’s insecurities and depression over such a massive change, so they had learned to function as two separate human beings.

R’vi flipped over onto his stomach and used his arms as a pillow, head positioned so he could still easily talk to K’hel. “Some friends went to other Weyrs though. It’s easy enough to hop over and visit, of course, but it’s not quite the same.” He’d made new friends or become better friends with those that were at Ista but he did still miss Indivara nagging him regularly, Z’rin’s humour, and Kerrin simply being Kerrin.

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)