World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [C] 735.12.28 | Hunting Trip Plans
11am | T'ryn

N'mor
of Bronze Rhezalth

Date of Birth
19.03.722, 23
Height
5'11
Eyes
Grey-green
Build
Stocky, Fit
Hair
Reddish Brown

Threads

Written By: ThistleProse
[I forgot the date and year LOL]

N’mor stepped back, frowning mildly at his dragon. The large bronze looked back at him with amusement, the emotion heavy on their bond. It had taken the young rider far longer than normal to get the assorted leather straps onto his beast, a task that had been growing increasingly difficult over the past month. N'mor knew what that meant, unfortunately.

“You're due a refit,” he sighed rubbing his hand over his face and back through his shaggy dark blonde hair. He was in need of a haircut, but it was far from the top of his priority list. Rhezalth gave a low rumble of amusement and shook himself bodily, wings rustling as he settled then back against his sides. And a bath. And oil. He added cheerfully, nudging N'mor in the belly when the teen groaned.

“Yeah,” N'mor mumbled. Rhezalth was right, he was due a bath. N'mor scrunched his nose up a little bit and ran his hand through his hair once more. “We’ll head up to one of the holds so the brats can do your bath and oil,” he decided, walking around the bronze. “I'll need to get onto making you new straps though. I don't think you'll get any more length now but I think if you puff out you'll burst what you're wearing.

Nonsense, they fit fine. However a new set will be faster to get in and out of. the leathers the pair used were modified from those in use by other pairs, designed to cinch together via expanding doubled up straps. While it had meant N'mor hadn't needed to make as many while Rhezalth was growing – as they could just be loosened – it meant that when Rhezalth did finally grow too large, the pair didn't have any straps at all. N'mor had barely managed to squeeze the fully expanded set over his dragon’s head and they had barely needed tightening.

“What is T’ryn doing?” He asked, tugging under the strap around Rhezalth’s neck as the dragon paused to contact his clutch-brother. Nothing important, came a moment later and N'mor wondered with amusement why he bothered; his dragon was convinced T'ryn never did anything important, especially when N'mor wanted to see him.

The young rider started releasing clasps and loosening the straps as much as he could. “Ask him to come find us when he's finished doing his unimportant things,” N'mor gave his dragon a pointed look as he ducked under his belly to release more straps and start helping his bonded out of it. “I'm going to need his help putting together more straps for you. We’ll have to arrange a hunting trip to collect more leather. Maybe tomorrow if nothing is on, maybe the next. So don't eat or you won't have room to gorge yourself afterwards.”

Awesome! What will we be hunting?

“Felines for furs, if we find any. But herd beasts for your gear.”

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

T'ryn
of Bronze Syrendryth

Date of Birth
17.04.722, 22
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde, shorter

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
As it turned out, T’ryn’s unimportant things of the day this time happened to be helping his mother in the crèche. He was watching the little ones while she prepared their midday snacks. It wasn’t something he exactly liked doing but he had grown up helping her and understood the importance of her job and he still liked making her happy and proud of him. Today, however, a couple of the younger ones were more vocal than usual with their constant screams and discomfort. Apparently one was teething and the other was just cranky. Syrendryth was less than pleased by all of the commotion and only lessened his grumblings when T’ryn reminded him that they were children and couldn’t help it.

That being said, T’ryn nearly jumped for joy himself when Syrendryth let him know N’mor was looking for him. It was the perfect excuse to get away as soon as his mom was back and it was exactly what he did when she came in with a tray filled with the items for the little rugrats. “N’mor needs my assistance, so I’ll see you later, mom!” He gave her a quick wave and was out the door before any of the kids intercepted him. It was amazing how fast some of them could move!

Why do you still help in there when you don’t seem to enjoy it? Syrendryth asked as T’ryn found him sitting primly not too far away from the building. It always amazed T’ryn at how his dragon turned out. He was so lanky in his early days and now he was a solid dragon that was well-proportioned and held himself regally. It gave him even more confidence that when they were older they would easily get a position as Wingleader. He didn’t want Weyrleader as that position seemed far more limiting and involved more of the type of work he didn’t like but Wingleader was about strategy and making a group of dragons and their riders work as one.

“She’s my mother, Syrendryth. I help her because she asked me to and I’d be a horrible son if I ignored such a simple request. It’s like how I help N’mor. He’s my friend and that’s what friends do,” T’ryn shrugged, not sure what else to say on the matter. It made sense to him and he figured his dragon would come to the same conclusion soon enough.

They walked mostly in silence as they made their way to the Gather grounds and T’ryn called out a greeting to his friend when N’mor was in sight. Just like his dragon’s size amazed him, T’ryn was still impressed by N’mor’s ability to adapt and conquer anything that tried to slow him down, including losing a limb. He could still do most things alone but even the way he didn’t let pride get in his way when he did need assistance was inspiring. “I was helping in the crèche but escaped when I could. What’s up?”

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

N'mor
of Bronze Rhezalth

Date of Birth
19.03.722, 23
Height
5'11
Eyes
Grey-green
Build
Stocky, Fit
Hair
Reddish Brown

Threads

They’re on their way, Rhezalth happily informed N'mor, watching as the teen placed the straps on the ground, stretching them out and making mental notes about what needed to be lengthened by how much. Most of it would need to be replaced entirely, since they'd been using the majority of it for a while, but some sections were entirely salvageable and N'mor wasn't inclined to throw away usable straps. Especially when it wasn't easy to make them in the first place.

The blonde head lifted shortly after his dragon’s announcement, looking over at T’ryn as he called out a greeting. A crooked grin fitted itself onto his lips, and N'mor lifted his hand in reply to his friend. “Hey!” His warm word was followed by a brief laugh, amused by the explanation of what T’ryn had been up to. “Rhezalth was right, you weren't doing anything important!” N'mor tossed T'ryn a wink, clearly baiting his dragon and they were not left wanting as the bronze snorted indignantly. I’m always right!

“Except when you're not,” N'mor quipped, turning his attention more fully to his friend as he stepped over the displayed leathers. He didn't bother bearing around the bush, but then N'mor had never really been the type to mince words. “Rhez has outgrown his straps,” finally, really. The set was easily twice as old as the rest of their classmates straps. Benefits of the style they were using. “I'll need your help putting together new ones, if you don't mind.” There were others he could call upon, but N'mor enjoyed spending time with his friend and they'd gotten into easy routines over the past year.

“We're thinking of going hunting tomorrow for some beasts to use. Has Syrendryth eaten recently? Whatever these two don’t eat could be brought back for the weyrlings to feed on.” N'mor wasn't the type to waste opportunities, especially not with fresh babies running around and the turns end a couple nights away. “Unless you've plans to babysit?” His crooked grin returned.

T'ryn
of Bronze Syrendryth

Date of Birth
17.04.722, 22
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde, shorter

Threads

T’ryn laughed at the banter between his friend and the other large bronze. Rhezalth was much like Syrendryth with the way they believed themselves to always be right and no one – save for the rider’s – else’s opinions mattered. How he and N’mor ended up with such handfuls was beyond him but T’ryn was glad that they did. They were impressive bronzes both in size and personality outside of the arrogance. T’ryn could definitely see them both leading wings and maybe even a Weyr for N’mor one day.

“Of course I don’t mind. It benefits the bottomless pit I’m bonded to and I’ll know for sure the straps are made properly with my help instead of some other random person.” T’ryn smirked, letting a little bit of his own arrogance show through. He knew there were people far more skilled than he was in the art of strap making but at least he’d have the peace of mind to know what had been used and how when it came to N’mor’s special straps and know that it might have taken them longer to complete, but it was done right.

At the teasing of baby-sitting, T’ryn scrunched up his nose and shook his head. “Ew, no. I don’t mind helping mom when she needs it but it doesn’t rank that high on the list of things I want to do with my free time. Although,” he patted Syrendryth on the nose and went over to inspect the straps, picking up a piece that looked particularly worn from getting to be too tight on the large beast. “Putting up with our dragons is sometimes like baby-sitting and often more work than dealing with the crying kids.” A look was given to Rhezalth to see his reaction as T’ryn set the strap back down.

N'mor
of Bronze Rhezalth

Date of Birth
19.03.722, 23
Height
5'11
Eyes
Grey-green
Build
Stocky, Fit
Hair
Reddish Brown

Threads

The crooked smile settled itself once more upon N’mor’s amused lips and he shook his head in exasperation at his friend and both their dragons, following T’ryn when he made his way over to the leathers.  His left hand settled on his hip as he watched his friend. “The fact that you’re the only one other than I who has any idea how to make them is non-withstanding, of course.” Both eyebrows arched high over laughing eyes as N’mor took the piece of leather from T’ryn’s hands before he could put it completely on the ground, eyebrows furrowing thoughtfully as he considered it. It wasn’t as old as some of the other pieces (he could tell by the workmanship – the newer pieces were of better quality than the truly old piece) which meant that it was in a spot being rubbed at more than the rest of the straps. So it either needed refitting entirely across his dragon, or to be replaced much more regularly. Hopefully it was the former.

“These two are definitely on the same scale as crying children,” N’mor murmured, wandering over to Rhezalth and waving him to stand up so that he could check the area the piece of strap had been located. His frown deepened as he examined the area, noting calloused hide as he ran his fingers lightly, and then more firmly as he explored the damage, over bronze hide. “You should have told me this was rubbing, Rhez! You’ve ruined this area of your hide. What am I going to do with you?” There was a level of exasperation in his tone that was aimed more at himself. N’mor had struggled a lot with his dragon’s care, and used enthusiastic albeit undereducated weyrbrats to help him with washing and oiling the beast. Obviously it hadn’t all gone quite as smoothly as he’d hoped.

It doesn’t hurt, the dragon literally shrugged, but he did shift his position so that N’mor could see more easily, twisting his head to try and see the spot under his neck, but mostly failing and just getting in the way. “Regardless,” N’mor stepped back and allowed Rhezalth to settle down more comfortably, “we’re going to have to redesign that part. Or at least get a better fitting strap. I’m not sure where it screwed up..?” His tone was questioning, eyebrows arching up at T’ryn to see if he had an opinion on it; he was quite sure his friend would.

“I don’t think it will take much to repair the hide; it seems to be fairly cosmetic. Do you think we have some leather somewhere so we can remake that bit before we go hunting tomorrow?” There was no point in making his dragon more uncomfortable now he was aware of it. His lips twisted, a lopsided smirk appearing. “We could always thieve from the Weyrling class.” His eyes sparkled as he lowered his voice dramatically – it would be just like oen of their fathers to suddenly appear (quite literally) out of between, hear, and spend an hour scolding them. Well, he amended. His father – R’nd was too scared of them.

Rhezalth rumbled with amusement, ever entertained by the bluerider’s discomfort by his own flesh and blood, and that of his lover.

T'ryn
of Bronze Syrendryth

Date of Birth
17.04.722, 22
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde, shorter

Threads

His laughter at their teasing of the dragons faded when N’mor realized his dragon had damaged hide. T’ryn inched closer to see the area that had been rubbed the wrong way and nodded when the question was aimed at him. He took the piece of strap back and fiddled with it, watching the way the pieces rubbed and how the joints worked. He wasn’t a master craftsman but he knew the basics and loved a good puzzle. “I think if we adjusted the way these two straps connect, it would help. See, if we angled this piece like this, and with a bit more give on the strap, it should help,” T’ryn demonstrated the best he could, working with the image in his mind and how he thought it would go. He had no idea until they could actually assemble it but it was a good start.

N’mor’s mischievous suggestion brought out a laugh as T’ryn stopped mentally working on the solution for the straps and returned his attention fully to his friend. “I don’t think they’d miss a few pieces,” he agreed, also lowering his voice. It wouldn’t do to have the bronzeriding sons of Weyrlingmasters and assistants caught discussing something that most would attribute to certain blueriders like I’shan or greenriders like A’liran when they were bored.

I want to say he’s a bad influence on you, but some days, I really do wonder and think you just encourage each other, as always, Syrendryth spoke only to T’ryn, never having been one to voice his opinion to anyone else. Most people simply weren’t worth it and only T’ryn’s response on such things mattered. T’ryn turned, grinning at his dragon. “Syrendryth agrees with us.” The bronze barely contained a sigh.

N'mor
of Bronze Rhezalth

Date of Birth
19.03.722, 23
Height
5'11
Eyes
Grey-green
Build
Stocky, Fit
Hair
Reddish Brown

Threads

“Brilliant,” N’mor took the offending piece of leather back and tossed it on the pile that was still on the ground. While Katilan weather could be pretty unpredictable and often quite wet, the young bronzerider didn’t feel it would rain any time soon, so he wasn’t too worried about leaving the leather under the protection of his dragon. If nothing else, Rhezalth could use his wings and body to protect it from excess water.

But I want to come with you guys!
“I don’t think so, Rhez. You’re too noisy and rather eye-catching these days. Stay here.” The last thing he needed was his dragon bespeaking everyone within the area and informing them of their antics! The young bronze hadn’t really grasped the concept of private conversation, since he’d had to spend so much time bespeaking adults when N’mor had been injured by his missing arm. Something N’mor felt both guilty and jealous of, but mostly it was inconvenient when attempting mischief!

N’mor glanced towards the sun, then grinned at T’ryn, grey eyes sparkling mischievously. “I think they should be heading off for lunch about now…” There wouldn’t be a better time to sneak in and thieve pieces of leather until dinner time and that wouldn’t leave a lot of time to re-create the strap. The Weyrlingmaster and assistants would have their hands well and truly full with feeding the babies. Perfect.

“C’mon!” Without waiting for T’ryn’s response, N’mor spun on his heel and took off at a loping run towards the Weyrlings classrooms where leather should be in enough abundance for a couple of slightly older bronzes to filch from.

T'ryn
of Bronze Syrendryth

Date of Birth
17.04.722, 22
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde, shorter

Threads

With a laugh, T’ryn took off after N’mor, shaking his head lightly at how easily swayed into mischief he was. It wasn’t like he’d leave his friend to pillage the supplies on his own though! It wasn’t even that N’mor was a hand down and could have trouble stealthily grabbing items and getting out of there before anyone saw him since the boy had practiced a lot of daily life skills regularly and had adapted rather well. No, it was simply they were two peas in a pod and since becoming friends were always there for each other and was the other’s accomplice in practically everything. Now definitely wasn’t the time to change perfectly good habits and practices!

Syrendryth started to pout but he was quickly told to stay behind as well, though T’ryn told the bronze it was so they had look outs. Strategically placing an outlook so far from the targeted area meant they had more time to sneak out if the dragon happened to hear people talk about the classroom or see them head in that direction. This reasoning worked for Syrendryth and he settled down so as to make it look like he was happily lazing around and not at all eyeing everyone up that wandered close by or in the wrong direction.

T’ryn took the lead when they got to their destination. He snuck around corners and waved his hand for N’mor to follow every time the cost was clear. When he made it to the right room, both boys slipped inside and T’ryn let out a soft laugh at their success. “So far so good. You scope out the leather and take what you think will do the trick. I’ll watch the door. Hate for someone to ruin all the fun!”

N'mor
of Bronze Rhezalth

Date of Birth
19.03.722, 23
Height
5'11
Eyes
Grey-green
Build
Stocky, Fit
Hair
Reddish Brown

Threads

N’mor kept an eye out behind them when his friend took the lead, though the way he was looking around couldn’t have been any more suspicious if he tried, there was no one there to see it for the most part. Grinning, the young bronzerider bounced on the balls of his feet as he waited for T’ryn to signal it was safe to cross before slipping into the room behind his friend. A soft, breathy laugh was released as T’ryn tried to jinx their luck.

“Touch-wood it stays that way!” It was a weird saying, but that didn’t stop N’mor from slapping the wooden walls as he made his way towards the stockpile of leather. A quick glance told that most of the leather scraps were exactly that; crappy scraps left over by the younger weyrlings. Pursing his lips, N’mor dug through the small piles with his remaining hand, before finally arriving at the ‘good’ pile. “Ahh!” From there, it only took a few moments to gather up the required pieces of leather – the right thickness, the right width, and longer than he thought would be needed. Perfect.

Slipping up behind T’ryn, N’mor poked him in the ribs. “Can you take some of these?” Some of the strips were quite long, and in the rush, N’mor didn’t have a chance to fold them up before grabbing them, increasing his likeliness of tripping on a piece. “We better bolt.” But the grin on his lips belied his worry about getting into trouble. It would delay their chance to fix Rhezalth’s strap, but he doubted they’d get into so much trouble to delay the hunting trip tomorrow; probably they’d just get scolded at and asked why they didn’t simply ask for the leather.

Because that would be no fun! Adults are so dumb.

N’mor snorted out a laugh that turned into a cough.

T'ryn
of Bronze Syrendryth

Date of Birth
17.04.722, 22
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde, shorter

Threads

T’ryn gave an ineloquent but soft squeak when the poke came to his ribs, having not expected it and then gave a playfully exaggerated sigh and eye roll at the request. “They’re not for my chubby dragon,” he teased, both N’mor and their great bronze beasts. Neither were particularly overweight and his friend knew him well enough to know a joke when it came out of his mouth so T’ryn wasn’t worried about upsetting anyone, especially since he was grabbing the longer pieces of leather even as he spoke the comment. Still, he earned a huff from Syrendryth just so the bronze’s opinion on the matter was known which only served to make the boy chuckle.

“Bolting is a good plan. You lead in case you drop any other loose ones I missed,” T’ryn nodded with his chin to indicate the direction they should flee and for N’mor to go first. He thought he had grabbed the pieces most likely to fall or be a tripping hazard but he didn’t want to risk it and leave evidence of their thievery behind. Good thinking. You wouldn’t want to lose any of your credibility as a budding strategist. T’ryn grinned at his dragon’s input; no he would not! His goal was to be the best Wingleader there ever was and he wasn’t about to leave doubt in his current superiors’ minds because they were careless.

Not that that goal stops you from getting into mischief in the first place.

What’s life without some fun? T’ryn’s grin widened as he followed along after N’mor and gave a small whoop of joy at their success and set the new leather down near the old stuff before flopping onto the ground as well to examine everything.

“Another successful mission!” Not that T’ryn was surprised though; they made a good team.

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)