World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

Down, but Not Out! [Invite]

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Archived
What a miserable way to end an otherwise beautiful evening. It was all a blur to I'shan, who saw nothing around him but smoke and blurry outlines of people, as if the disaster were still going on. He was distantly aware of the basics of the event: he'd been pulled from Ceilidhe's hut by some unknown arm, carried away to some unknown place, and given some unknown drug to keep him calm while the healers tried their best to save him. He remembered seeing T'lian, the little brownrider, shouting something about lungs and shrapnel. He remembered hearing Ilveriath's warm, soothing voice caressing his mind. He'd been too dizzy and confused to detect the telltale hint of worry that went along with it. He remembered his fire lizards pressing close to him, so close that the healers had to pick them up and swat them out of the way.

It was good to know they were still there. They hadn't left him. Ilveriath hadn't left him, either. But what of everyone else? What about R'nd? B'jin? Rhaedalyn? Something told him that he would know if something had happened, but in his distant and fractured state, he could not help but pine for them and fear the worst. What if they had been the ones stuck under the roof of that hut, drowning in mud? The very notion made him sick.

After days of fevers and drug-induced stupor, the little bluerider, so frail in appearance and demeanor, was finally starting to come around. He remembered so little of the past days. He remembered being moved around very carefully. He remembered a lot of noise. He remembered the cries of the injured and wails of mourning. How long had it been? Two weeks? Three? Or was his mind playing tricks on him. For all he knew, it could be the very next day.

His eyes fluttered open and he looked around. His room was small and unfinished, and everything smelled like wet earth and unpleasant, muddled medicines. Was this the new healer hall? A makeshift infirmary? Who knew. All he knew was that he was dizzy, hungry, and in so much pain. He groaned and tried to lift his head, but he found himself much too weak.

Ilv? We made it he whispered.

We did the dragon replied sweetly. I'shan could hear a weight dropping off of the beast's shoulders. They have kept you sound asleep, my dear. It was done for your comfort. The little ones have stood watch over you, and the healers are never far. They feared for your life, but now they say that you shall make it. I knew you would, though. You are stronger than you seem

I'shan swallowed hard and thought back on the night of the disaster. He could see the roof falling down. He could hear his own cry for help, followed by the crushing weight. His chest hurt just thinking about it. Still, after moments of dour reflection, he conjured a weak and pitiful laugh. I am, aren't I?

He was, and he was thankful. He closed his eyes again and sighed, only to find the action surprisingly painful. It felt like someone had twisted a knife in his chest.

Easy, love Ilveriath whispered. ...Be still and save your breath. Someone is coming to see you

I'shan gritted his teeth through the pain and summoned a smile. Someone was coming to see him? He lifted his head as best he could and glanced hopefully towards the door.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

C'dhin
of Green Coroth

Date of Birth
09.02.708, 31
Height
6'0
Eyes
Pale Green
Build
Cuddly
Hair
Dark blonde

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
It had been nearly a month since devastation struck but some days it still felt like the immediate hours afterward. So many people had been lost by that unexpected fury of the land although C’dhin and Coroth did their best to assist everyone that came across. Sometimes he’d wake in the night from nightmares that showed him he couldn’t save someone, that he had missed someone by not looking hard enough, or that he had never made it out of his hut. Coroth was growing better at soothing him in those moments but C’dhin hadn’t wanted to be a burden to her and worked on letting go of guilt and the stress that plagued everyone. He accepted what had happened and looked to the positive even if that was few and far between.

The day before, he had managed to talk a friend into letting him use his little kitchen again. C’dhin still didn’t want to bother the actual kitchen folk since they were strained enough with restocking their supplies and continuing to feed the shattered community but a friend’s hut was left intact and he didn’t mind helping out the man that loved to bake and share the creations and let the main in for the fourth time since the landslide. There were still people bed bound for various reasons and C’dhin wanted to give them a home-baked treat to help raise their spirits. It wasn’t much, but it was something and he couldn’t help but wonder if some people felt forgotten in their little room as everyone continued to rebuild. His last few trips had met with some broken hearts on both ends but smiles were still and that was what kept C’dhin returning.

That day, he had a small bag with a handful each of three kinds of cookies. He had learned not to get too creative with his treats since most hadn’t been eating properly or couldn’t enjoy things through the pain, so simple cookies seemed to be the best option. They were handed out all morning with C’dhin stopping to talk to each patient that was awake enough for a visit. When he reached the last door, he almost didn’t go in. He had been told it was bluerider I’shan but the man was never conscious for long and it wasn’t worth stopping in. The second and third visit had resulted in him peeking in but I’shan had indeed been sleeping.

This time was no different as he peeked in again. The man couldn’t sleep forever, right? Quietly the door was pushed open and his head was stuck into the room with pale green eyes lighting up when he saw the bluerider seemed awake and slightly coherent. “Hi,” it was best to start out with a simple greeting that was spoken softly. People didn’t like loud voices either when they were healing, he had learned. Stepping in, C’dhin held up the last bag of cookies and smiled. “I brought treats if you’d like them.”

PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

I'shan didn't expect any visitors at all, least of all an unfamiliar face. Well, the handsome man was as unfamiliar as anyone at Katila could be. Where had I'shan seen the young man before? Probably at a hatching, or just around the Weyr from time to time. What a nice surprise! A stranger, bearing treats?

"That would be amazing," I'shan blurted without tact, though his voice flowed freely with retreat and delight. I'shan was just so happy to see a friendly face! He's been silently worried that he might lie there for hours, waiting on the attention of the first nurse of healer who was able to squeeze out some time for him. As badly injured as he was, he was certain there were dozens, maybe even hundreds of others. Hundreds! That wasn't a dramatic assumption, was it?

Do not fear Ilveriath assured I'shan privately, though he was not sure himself. There was an awful lot of mess to clean up still, and the blue dragon was not sure of how many losses had actually been sustained. His focus remained on his bonded., though he would tell him what he needed to hear in order to rest easily.

I'shan beamed. Ilv's reassurance was good, but he was more interested in the promised treats. "Whatcha got there?" he asked with keen interest, eyes shining with simple joy.  How nice it was to be awake, and alive, and not alone! Enjoying a stranger's gesture of kindness sure beat sitting there and sulking in pain...

"I don't think I know you, but you sure look familiar. I'm I'shan." 

C'dhin
of Green Coroth

Date of Birth
09.02.708, 31
Height
6'0
Eyes
Pale Green
Build
Cuddly
Hair
Dark blonde

Threads

“Cookies,” C’dhin’s hesitance and volume control were mostly forgotten as he stepped up to the bed and set the bag down beside I’shan. “A few chocolate chip and a few that are pure chocolate with dried redfruit pieces within. I thought the Healers would appreciate me pretending my treats were healthy,” he laughed with the explanation but he was proud of the fruit cookie concoction. They seemed to go over well the last time he brought them in so there was still hope of people having decent taste buds.

“Oh! Sorry,” C’dhin flushed red as it was pointed out he wasn’t known by the bluerider. It made sense; they were a small community but it was still hard to befriend everyone, especially since some dragonriders didn’t seem all that interested in knowing Northerners, Candidates, or newly Impressed. “I’m C’dhin, formerly Corraidhin, if that helps. I was Searched by R’jit and I Impressed alongside V’ler and E’si. Everyone in class knew you Searched them so you probably saw me with them sometimes.” It had taken a little time but C’dhin had finally realized that Searchriders in particular didn’t like being called kidnappers or their art referred to as Stealing, so he made sure to watch his mouth around the healing bluerider.

“I’m also proudly bonded to green Coroth who can’t seem to decide when she’s had enough sex and keeps flying lately.” It came out as a bitter mumbling and while C’dhin was frustrated with not knowing her pattern and how often he was being chased now, he didn’t fully mind. His dear dragon needed to get laid as much as anyone else and if she had to have the libido that matched Veeth’s, then there wasn’t much he could do about it judging by V’ler’s constant attempts.

“I don’t think I’ve seen you give chase yet.” He knew I’shan hadn’t won any yet at least. D’hys had won two and V’ler had won the other so far and while D’hys was nice to look at, he made for a rough lover and C’dhin hoped he’d either get bored or others would finally best him.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

I'shan suddenly beamed. "Coroth? I knew you looked familiar!"  he crowed, proud of his late recognition of the young man, as if it were some sort of achievement. "My Ilveriath has chased you before!" He hadn't won, but he didn't feel the need to blare out that particular detail, especially not when it would both look rude and be quite a shame to acknowledge. The little greenrider was awfully cute. Jeez Ilv, try harder next time he scolded his dragon playfully, unable to keep the sly expression wiped off of his face.

I shall try my best, though you may be waiting some time before that is possible  Ilveriath cautioned affectionately. I'shan frowned and eyed his wrapped leg before letting his gazer drift back to C'dhin. "You tease!" he said with greatly exaggerated tragedy. "Telling something like that to a man with a broken leg! I'll make sure to remember it when next I'm able to fly, though!"

He stuck his tongue out to let the other man know that he was being playful, not actually scolding. He went between eyeing the pretty greenrider and eyeing his bag of cookies, not sure which tantalized him more in those moments. Shards, was it fantastic to have company! He'd been so lonely and bored, and here came this gloriously fetching little greenrider with sweets and charming hints about his dragon's wild sex habits. It was like an early birthday present!

Spazz and Squeak sat perched at the bluerider's feet, eyeing the newcomer with intense interest. They chattered between themselves, and only a well-timed flail from  I'shan's good foot scattered them before they could pounce on the bag. I'shan knew they were hungry. but it would have to wait. "Cookies are people food!" he declared, snorting with laughter and returning his attention to C'dhin.

"So, think I could give those a try?" he purred. "I like cooking. I'm not as good at baking, but...that doesn't mean I don't appreciate a good cookie. If they're good, I may have to bribe you for your recipe," he said. He winked once. "I won't tell the healers. They've all got sticks up their asses, anyhow..."

C'dhin
of Green Coroth

Date of Birth
09.02.708, 31
Height
6'0
Eyes
Pale Green
Build
Cuddly
Hair
Dark blonde

Threads

C’dhin grimaced when I’shan announced he had chased before but he hadn’t noticed the bluerider. To be fair, he hadn’t exactly been in a proper state to examine each man leering at him before being grabbed. He’d have to keep a better watch, though! We shall see. Veeth is adorable and I may want to encourage him to keep trying for me, the green’s voice was light and teasing and C’dhin shot a glare at the wall in the direction she was lounging. He was still working on keeping his reactions to Coroth to a minimum but he had seen a lot of older dragonriders still give away their emotions in private conversations so he hadn’t been too fussed over trying harder.

“Hm? Oh, sorry!” C’dhin’s cheeks flushed again as he realized his babbling about flights hadn’t exactly been appropriate given I’shan’s current state. Then, an idea hit and he perked up. “Consider it motivation to heal quickly?” He wasn’t the best at flirting, not like some of the men running around the Weyr, but C’dhin felt he did okay with casual passing comments like that.

The firelizards were eyed up but C’dhin didn’t make to move away from them. He didn’t mind them one way or the other. If they wanted to socialize with him, he let them but he never ran from them or really ran to them either. I’shan’s were given a smile at their interest in his cookies though. “Next time I come in, I’ll bring a snack for them to help keep yours safe.” It wouldn’t be too hard to grab a plate of meat for the little guys on his way out of the kitchen after baking so it seemed like an easy enough offer to follow through with.

“Of course you can! I didn’t bring them here just to look at, you know,” C’dhin grinned as he pushed the bag a bit closer in encouragement. He loved watching people try his goods and yearned for the approval that typically came after. He had heard the rumours that I’shan was excellent in the kitchen when it came to preparing meals so seeing what his taste buds thought of the cookies could be wonderful praise.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

"Oh...Don't worry about them! They're just brats!" I'shan said dismissively, brushing the flitters aside as he reached for the bag. The cookies sure smelled good! He could already catch little whiffs escaping from the bag, though he was certain they weren't hot anymore. That was a lovely sign, for them to be so delicately aromatic even now! "They sure smell good. What are they made with?" he asked as he popped the bag open and removed one of them. He sniffed it lightly and, without waiting for an answer, shoved the whole thing in his mouth. He may have had an extensive home cooking background, but he sure as shards didn't bother to savor when he'd gone so long (it felt) without something decent to eat!

He popped a second one into his mouth before commenting. "Wow, those are really good," he crooned, utterly pleased. "They're so smooth and light," he chimed. "Perfect. You'e going to have to tell me how you made these!" he said. He grinned, eyes sparkling with interest as he awaited the greenrider's response.

"You know," he went on quickly, barely giving the other man any time to reply. "...We could trade recipes. I'm not the best baker, but I could offer you something else. My mom taught me how to make all sorts of things..."

There was a time when a comment like this would have trailed off into a long tangent about his mother. I'shan had slowly some to realize as he aged that she was not the saintly woman he believed her to be when he was young, so this time, he stopped short. Just this once, it could be about himself...not about her. He quickly covered the brief look of doubt with a wide, enthusiastic smile.

"What do you need? Soups, meat preparations, bread...? Just you wait till I can walk again! I'll fatten you right up."

Oh, did that sound a little naughty? Whoops. The bluerider gave a shy but unapologetic little laugh.

C'dhin
of Green Coroth

Date of Birth
09.02.708, 31
Height
6'0
Eyes
Pale Green
Build
Cuddly
Hair
Dark blonde

Threads

It was likely mean to think such ways but C’dhin kind of liked having a captured audience that couldn’t get away from him and his creations. It was nice to have someone to chat freely with and have something in common they both seemed to have a passion for. It didn’t really matter if he baked and I’shan cooked; art in the kitchen still deserved respect and it was that reason why he so easily gave over the basic gist of the recipe, not overly concerned that it would be stolen away from him.

Watching I’shan sample the second cookie put an end to the prattling on about his prepping techniques and C’dhin surprised himself by holding his breath and leaning in slightly, anxious for the review. The first cookie had been devoured in one bite and if it wasn’t for the distraction of ingredients, I’shan would have been left with an earful about not savouring and enjoying such a treat. The second cookie seemed to be given better treatment and the critique made the young greenrider beam and sit up a bit straighter under the praise.

“Of--” when I’shan continued chattering on about ideas to get the recipe, C’dhin laughed instead of trying to get another word in. He nodded, completely okay with trading. He wasn’t the best with meats but it never hurt to have a tried and true recipe for a proper meal to fall back on. Anyone could make something passing as food with a recipe but it took skill to make it memorable and amazing; he’d just have to work on building up the skill.

The brief look of doubt was missed thanks to his own ponderings and nodded again when I’shan’s grin returned and offers were made. “Can never go wrong with a good soup or meat prep! When you’re able, we’ll definitely have to get together in a kitchen and show off.” Unfortunately, it wouldn’t be his. The landslide had taken his hut out but thankfully, it was at the end of the disaster and the slowing speed of the mud afforded him just enough time to make it out of the crumbling building safely. Once a kitchen was claimed in his name, though, he’d get I’shan in it!

“And good luck fattening me up! I’ve been doing far too much running from Coroth’s flights so far that even your cooking won’t stick for long.” C’dhin cheekily stuck out his tongue to tease the bluerider though he was inwardly grumbling still about his horny green. At least she was keeping him in shape, so that had to count for something positive he supposed.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

"You're teasing me again!" I'shan whined. "Just what I need, a broken leg and a sexy greenrider bragging about his horny green that I can't chase!" he went on, his voice bubbling with humor. He wasn't actually frustrated with the little greenrider, but comments like that weren't doing anything to lessen his interest! C'dhin was so handsome and charming, and apparently he had a real minx of a dragon to go with it. The pretty creature was quickly putting himself on I'shan's ever-eager radar.

"Hmm, you better be glad I can't walk, greenie...Cookies and a smile like that? I don't think you'd make it very far." I'shan meant the comment in a good-natured way, barely even considering how such words might send many greenriders running for the hills. But how could anyone expect him to keep his language clean when C'dhin was teasing him so? I'shan giggled a little, displaying his playfulness and hoping to take any possible edge off of his words. He winked once, then popped another cookie in his mouth.

"It's a date, then," he declared. "Once I can walk, you can come to my place and we can cook." I'shan's hut had managed to survive the landslide, but he figured he would find an excuse to build a new home anyhow. With Isharyn's mother dead, he was going to need a bigger one anyhow. Now that was a terrifying notion! He frowned a little as the thought drifted through his mind, reminded of the fact that he hadn't seen his son since the disaster. He'd been injured trying to save the boy and his mother, but he'd failed. He'd failed, and it had been someone else who'd saved him! At least they'd saved him after saving his son. At least Isharyn had made it, and at least he still had one of his parents.

I'shan hated thinking about sad things, so instead, he started cramming cookies in his mouth. That didn't stop his talking, of course. "So, I have a kid! He's...seven turns old, I think? Something like that! He's going to be a bronzerider one day. I'd bet Ilv's hide on it!" he crowed happily, spraying a list dusting of crumbs as he did so.  He peered into the bag to realize that he'd scarfed down most of them. He laughed and handed the bag back to C'dhin. "Here! The artists deserves a fair share of his creation. You deserve the last couple," he said cheerily.

C'dhin
of Green Coroth

Date of Birth
09.02.708, 31
Height
6'0
Eyes
Pale Green
Build
Cuddly
Hair
Dark blonde

Threads

At first, the shock C’dhin wore was from being called sexy since that wasn’t something he heard every day, or at all really. He mostly went under the radar of everyone since he had been rather grumpy upon his turning up at Katila and then Impressing a green that didn’t seem to fly? That was a brilliant piece of luck that kept him off the charts of the predators lurking around. Now that Coroth was rising with too much regularity, he was getting noticed but it still didn’t leave him getting asked on dinner dates or complimented. He was going to comment on that when I’shan continued.

The shock held for several moments before a frown appeared. Did I’shan just say he’d be jumped if the bluerider could walk? That put him a bit off kilter and knew he should be on edge or possibly fleeing, especially since he was being called a greenie. How many of the older greenriders told him it wasn’t a compliment and how many told him to watch out for certain brownriders and blueriders? He couldn’t recall where I’shan ranked on the list of good and bad but their conversation had been fun and, in a weird way, being called greenie by him was almost endearing. It was probably the smile and the obvious – now that he wasn’t panicking over being someone’s main course -- tone of only kidding that did it.

“Maybe I don’t want to get too far,” his smile was back but it held hints of his awkwardness and uncertainty about trying to flirt with the man. He felt his cheeks heating up from embarrassment and C’dhin ended up running a hand nervously through his hair, leaving it looking like he just rolled out of I’shan’s sick bed instead of politely sitting on the edge. Thoughts about I’shan, beds, and how the bluerider didn’t have to move from his current location for a good time started to fill his head suddenly and C’dhin began wishing for the earth to rumble again so it could open up beneath him and shut once more after he’d fallen in.

Thankfully, I’shan liked to chat as much as he did and the topic suddenly spun from sexy fun times to a child C’dhin didn’t know about. His smile returned as he watched I’shan speak so proudly of his son and perked up at the boy’s age. “I have a daughter who just turned six. I wonder if they’re play buddies. She spends most of her time with her mother, which was a good thing considering what may have happened if she were with me that night.” The night in question didn’t need elaborating and C’dhin was happy to pretend it didn’t exist while in such pleasant company.

“What? No, I made them for you! Well, not you specifically since I didn’t know if you’d be awake this time, but I will definitely make more soon that are intended just for you!” He was starting to babble, a product of suddenly being conscious to the fact that I’shan was handsome and he was not only being kind but had shown some teasing interest in him. Still, the bag was taken since it had been offered and a natural reflex was to accept it.

A peek inside the bag let him count how much was left and C’dhin laughed. “You really did like them. Or, you were so hungry that it didn’t matter what you ate.” A cookie was liberated from the bag and a bite taken in order to satisfy I’shan by following the order to eat them. That was all he ate though. He loved his own baking but he had sampled enough during the process that more really wasn’t needed. “They are pretty wonderful, huh? But I like watching you enjoy them more.” C’dhin inched a bit higher up the bed so that he could easily lean in and offer the cookie with a missing bite to I’shan so the other man could take another bite.

“It makes me want to spoil you constantly with everything I bake.”

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Maybe I don’t want to get too far

I'shan was so busy focusing on that little comment that he completely blocked out the part about children. Who wanted to think about mundane small talk when they could be talking about who is chasing who? Under certain circumstances, I'shan might have been ashamed of himself for devolving to perverse thoughts so quickly, but damn if that cute greenrider didn't make it easy! "Hmm, you look like a fast runner to me..." I'shan said, quirking his brows a bit and watching with delight as C'dhin started to approach.

The bluerider beamed as C'dhin carefully alighted on the edge of his bed and offered the cookie. Now, a normal, modest person might have taken that as an offer to take the cookie and eat it. With hands. I'shan, on the other hand, was a little bit more adventurous. He smiled and craned his neck forward, sitting up enough to take the cookie between his teeth and playfully pull it away, literally eating out of C'dhin's hand. He giggled lightly as he chewed and swallowed, looking both amused and maybe a tiny bit embarrassed at his own antics. "Heh heh...Sorry," he purred lightly, inching closer to the edge of the bed, as close as he could without risking an unpleasant movement of his leg.

"..Shards," I'shan lamented lightly, looking pitifully at his lap. "...Looks like I'm all out of treats."

He suspected he could feel Ilveriath's embarrassment rattling around in the back of his head, but the placid dragon wouldn't dare speak up about it. Poor I'shan was so lonely these days, Ilveriath wouldn't have compromised even momentary joy for the sake of modesty. The longsuffering blue had put up with much worse antics, though such a bad pickup line left the gentle creature unsure of whether he wanted to figuratively laugh or cry.

I love you I'shan said mirthfully.

Ilveriath grunted outside. He was surprised, but impressed. Maybe he and I'shan weren't so out of touch anymore. It was nice to hear I'shan sniffing around his inner musings. What a delight.

I love you too, I'shan. And I like this greenrider. I'shan almost felt the dragon 'wink' at him. Was that the right word?

C'dhin
of Green Coroth

Date of Birth
09.02.708, 31
Height
6'0
Eyes
Pale Green
Build
Cuddly
Hair
Dark blonde

Threads

While he liked to think he was rather smart and could pick up on when he was being hit on, C’dhin really didn’t have much experience with subtlety and took I’shan’s comment at face value. He frowned, a bit upset that he didn’t think to make extras in case someone was in need of more of a pick-me-up than planned. “Oh, well, um I can make more tonight and bring some by as soon as they’re cool enough?” Supplies were getting low as well but he did have enough to do an emergency batch before hunting down more ingredients.

Eggs and flour would be at the top of the list once he was ready to hunt things down. Really? C’dhin, I love you but you are an idiot. The frown increased as C’dhin didn’t respond to the comment but waited for the follow-up he knew was coming. Coroth didn’t make him wait long. The handsome fellow is looking for a different type of treat now that only you can provide. I mean, it’s so obvious it hurts! I’m embarrassed by your obliviousness.

And I’m embarrassed about how much a whore you’re turning out to be! C’dhin shot back with a scowl at the wall. One day he’d learn to stop doing that but right then was not the time. It was already hard to stay focused on the task at hand when I’shan was handsome and did give some teasing comments that were blatant enough for him to catch. At least whores have fun. You’re going to end up sitting alone because you couldn’t figure out a man stuck in bed for days and days might want some company in there and he’s thinking you’re a good choice.

“Or um… I could, I mean… shard it, shut up, Coroth!” The dragon’s laughter at his attempt to find his footing again was too much for the greenrider that was now blushing furiously and about ready to run out of the room and never look back. I’shan was going to laugh and mock him forever!

A grumpy sigh was heaved and C’dhin sucked up his courage, drawing on all of his past experiences in such matters and using his confidence in the kitchen for right then as well. “I have one more treat I can offer you but it only comes in one flavour so I hope you like it.” Talking normally came naturally to him and C’dhin enjoyed it but he was done with words and nearly threw himself towards I’shan to plant a surprise kiss he hoped didn’t result in a fist to the face.

Despite all of the fears, C’dhin wore a pleased smirk as he started to pull away from his daring move.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

"He's talking to his dragon out loud! It's so cute!"

So are you, my dear

I'shan's face immediately heated up. He smiled, coy and self-aware of his own silliness. He hoped he could capitalize on it and cast himself as charming, rather than as a complete idiot. He fluttered his lashes a little and adjusted his position, straightening his back as best he could and eyeing the greenrider with unabashed interest. "Another treat, you say...?" he asked.

He wasn't sure what he was expecting, but he certainly had no complaints.  He eagerly returned the handsome greenrider's kiss, pressing his own lips firmly but softly against C'dhin's. When the greenrider pulled away, I'shan followed him as far as he could, letting his tongue slip forward to playfully flicker at his companion's lips before he was out of reach. Boldness was rewarded with boldness.

I'shan smiled as C'dhin pulled away, one hand creeping out to settle onthe greenrider's and grasp at him. He held firmly but not aggressively, indicating that he would very much like the greenrider to remain close, but he would not force him. It was so easy to get carried away with greenriders, but after making his poorly-timed joke, I'shan found himself unusually concerned. He didn't want to scare this one away.

"Thanks," I'shan whispered, his playful and suggestive demeanor fading away just a little bit. He was filled with a sort of solemn warmth. He'd been so lonely since his injury, and even before, with his separation from N'gelt and disagreements with Ceildhe. It was so nice to have company, and so nice to see such wonderful kindness coming from a complete stranger. He expected support from kind faces like R'nd's, but he'd known this man for only a few minutes, and already he felt safe and wanted. Was he jumping to conclusions, or perhaps vulnerable in the wake of a loss? Maybe. but he sure didn't care. I'shan found himself frozen with gratitude and all but desperate for his newfound friend to stay by his side, rather than leave him all alone again.

He swallowed hard and lowered his head just a little bit, trying to hide his blush. "...You're so sweet. Thank you!"  His heart fluttered, and he gave the greenrider's wrist a little tug. Don't leave me here alone!

C'dhin
of Green Coroth

Date of Birth
09.02.708, 31
Height
6'0
Eyes
Pale Green
Build
Cuddly
Hair
Dark blonde

Threads

Even with I’shan trailing after him for just one more taste, C’dhin believed he had been a fool and wanted nothing more than to apologise and flee. The hand that caught his had the idea freezing in his mind before it was even implemented and the greenrider looked down at it. It was a loose grasp that he could probably slip out of if he really wanted to go – unless it was a bluerider game. Suspicion sank in, convinced I’shan was more like D’hys than believed. The two men were friends and both blueriders so it wouldn’t be far-fetched to have I’shan act like he was being kind only to drag him back in.

A glance at I’shan’s face told C’dhin the truth though. The suspicion wasn’t warranted and it quickly vanished to be replaced once more with the interest in the man that was easy to talk to and nice to look at. He had heard some random stories about I’shan but they were never horrifying; just that he was over-exuberant. The man was passionate about things and it was endearing. Convinced he wasn’t just being toyed with because he was an inexperienced greenrider, C’dhin smiled brightly and inched up the bed a bit more to show he wasn’t about to kiss and run after all.

Even though it wasn’t much, the compliment was still flattering and C’dhin’s cheeks heated slightly as he looked at I’shan’s chest then to the table and then to his own lap. He wanted praise for his baking abilities and thrived from those but compliments from I’shan kept throwing him off. Surely it was from the stress of everything lately and nothing more! Still, if there was something more there, like Coroth’s nudging kept indicating, he figured he might as well keep stumbling awkwardly down the path and see what happened.

“Well… I’ve always been of the opinion that if you like something, you should always have more of it.” Despite the bold words and inviting smile, C’dhin lost his courage to be the one to do anything again. He simply didn’t want to push too much and lose the budding friendship with the kind and attractive bluerider.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

C'dhin's words were encouraging. They were so encouraging, in fact, that I'shan looked right past the greenrider's  inaction and perked up once more, eagerly anticipating some sort of prize for his own boldness. He reached out a second time, this time intending to capture the greenrider's wrist again. He was more firm this time, hoping to draw the other man close enough to steal a quick, playful peck to the cheek.

I'shan was good at greenrider games. He understood and empathized with their wily, flighty ways. In many ways, his past partners had treated him like a delicate little greenrider instead of a bluerider. He knew what it felt like to be the flittering little prize rather than the dominant partner. He also knew how to be a bluerider, though. He walked the line, a sure greenrider candidate who'd managed to somehow Impress a blue. He knew the game from both ends, and playing with both teams in mind gave him his own special little thrill. He looked to C'dhin with a glimmer of excitement in his eyes, hoping that his adorable new companion would yield to his silent request and give him a chance to reel him in.

You are wounded  Ilveriath whispered soothingly, his breathy voice all but evaporating in the back of I'shan's mind. They learned to trust one another and empathize with one another more as the turns rolled on, but I'shan would always be a daredevil at heart. He was no Z'ia, that was certain, but he was his own brand of reckless. He ignored his discomfort and sat up a little more straight. He was more interested in having a companion than he was in being comfortable. I won't overdo it he promised his bonded, hoping the dragon wouldn't feel dismissed, even though that was exactly what was happening.

"Well..." he finally whispered, "I know exactly what  I want more of." It was a bold comment. He dressed it up with another playful but longing smile. "...Wanna come here, cutie...?"

C'dhin
of Green Coroth

Date of Birth
09.02.708, 31
Height
6'0
Eyes
Pale Green
Build
Cuddly
Hair
Dark blonde

Threads

Some of his fellow greenriders would be angry with him for falling so easily into the game – or trap, depending on point of views – he had gotten caught up in with a bluerider but it was fun in that daring way where he knew he was doing something he shouldn’t but still craved doing. The stories and gossip about I’shan only increased the intrigue around the man right then and C’dhin wondered where exactly the path he had eagerly jumped down would take him.

“Oh, I wanna come all right,” C’dhin murmured as he shifted where he sat, doing his best to adjust his growing arousal without being obvious. It wasn’t working however and he finally gave up on subtlety that he didn’t possess and adjusted his crotch with his free hand. A moment later and he was throwing even more caution to the wind, ignoring all the warnings older greenriders had tried given him over the turns as he boldly crawled onto the bed to carefully straddle I’shan. He really had no idea what exactly he was doing but he knew the handsome bluerider was injured and it wouldn’t do to increase his pain and be cast aside forever.

He also knew that the bluerider wanted him and C’dhin realised it had been a while since he had any sort of action or attracted any sort of attention that he wanted. He tried to think of a witty and flirty comment but nothing came to mind. Instead, he went for a kiss. He was always told he talked too much anyway so it was best that his mouth was kept occupied for the time being and he had rather enjoyed the first kiss with I’shan.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

I'shan's eyes lit up at the adorable little comment. Does he even realize what he just said? he asked Ilveriath. The dragon, of course, did not reply to the implied  innuendo, though I'shan did sense a hint of distant amusement. The dragon's amusement had nothing to do with I'shan's dirty mind and everything to do with his blossoming joy at with the preciousness of his new companion. Ilveriath was happy to see his bonded so happy, and he held his breath in hope that this time, it would not prove to be another trap.

It was I'shan who planned to do the trapping. Not maliciously, but as the greenrider straddled him, I'shan found himself truly anxious to keep the attractive and gentle creature close by his side. Loneliness danced on the edge of I'shan's consciousness, but he staved it off in favor of blind enthusiasm. A wide smile lingered on his face as C'dhin situated himself and leaned in for the second kiss. I'shan carefully places his hands on the greenrider's side and moved to guide him close, wary of his injuries but still leaning towards reckless in his approach.

"You're so handsome.." I'shan gasped as he pushed his lips to meet C'dhin's. He lingered for a few long moments, letting the soft contact sink in before pushing his tongue forward to lap pleasantly at his companion's flesh. "...I'm ashamed of myself for not getting to know you sooner, you know. This place is so full of sad and negative people..." the bluerider whispered in a lazy and doting voice. His heart quivered in excitement. "I could  use some more positive people in my life." That was not entirely true; R'nd was a positive force, and there were several other cheerful faces that I'shan could turn to, but the little bluerider was insecure and easily upset. It never hurt to have another security blanket, and in such a sea of misery, a new smile was always a treasure to behold.

I'shan lowered his hands, allowing his fingertips to play along the underside of C'dhin's shirt. "...Do you mind?" I'shan asked in a breathy whisper.  Normally he'd not bother to ask, but something about this little greenrider was special. He could not risk scaring him away. Instead of pressing the issue with prying hands, I'shan just offered his most dazzling and hopeful smile.

C'dhin
of Green Coroth

Date of Birth
09.02.708, 31
Height
6'0
Eyes
Pale Green
Build
Cuddly
Hair
Dark blonde

Threads

C’dhin snorted inelegantly at being called positive. He was definitely one of those negative bastards that came kicking and screaming when he realised what had happened and his old life was as good as dead and buried. “It’s a good thing you didn’t know me right away then,” he added quietly, not exactly ashamed of what he had been but not entirely proud either. He had finally settled into the new life and accepted his role as Candidate and provider of cooked meals but he had been miserable for a short while after that had set in as well. It was really only when Coroth plopped herself down into his mind that C’dhin understood the world and found he could fully enjoy everything. Well, the flights weren’t always the best but he was okay with everything else.

“But I do regret not seeing your smile this close up like two turns ago.” He really needed to take lessons from someone on how to flirt. Even if he managed to get a line out, he sometimes pulled a face or blushed at what he said. It never seemed natural from his mouth. “I mean, cuz… well… I like it. It makes me want to keep being that positive person in your life and huh?” C’dhin stopped his babbling to look down at hands on his shirt and laughed.

He didn’t know if hands simply wanted to slip under the shirt to explore or if the shirt was in the way and had to go but C’dhin suddenly felt restricted and took initiative as he sat up straight. He wasn’t the most skilled at removing clothing either like some of the men roaming around but his shirt never stood a chance with how quickly hands pulled it off and chucked it somewhere over his head. “I’m your sweet stripper, I’shan, and anything you want…” the words trailed off as C’dhin caught his slip up and laughed again. “Sweet provider, I mean! I guess I just want to take off everything for you so you can sample all my offerings?” He chuckled and ran a hand nervously through his hair.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

This was not how I'shan expected his day to go. Shards, this wasn't how he expected any stay in the infirmary to go, ever. This wasn't the sort of luck that he experienced in his day to day life. This wasn't the way things went. Was he dreaming? Was he crazy? Maybe he was dying, and his oxygen-starved brain was trying to make his last moments a little bit less shitty. He looked up at the adorable greenrider, practically star-struck by the adorable show he was getting. C'dhin's slender body was so fetching, and it was so precious how he flipped his hair with his fingers, how he laughed at his own freudian slip...Not that I'shan knew what a freudian slip was, but he had a good idea that C'dhin's corrected words didn't exactly line up with his desires.

"Hmmm, I like what I see," the bluerider finally gasped, playful gaze sweeping over the greenrider's handsome form. "You're one fucking amazing provider, I'd say. Damn...." he said, his light voice quavering just a bit, almost disbelieving at his luck. Was a pretty greenrider really stripping in his lap, utterly unprovoked? Shards, there wasn't even liquor involved! This was how bronzeriders must have felt!

I'shan licked his lips. Nearby, his three fire lizards chirped and chittered in excitment, practically egging C'dhin on. If I'shan liked what was going on, then it had to be something good! I'shan fed off of their excitement, blushing wildly as he felt his blood rushing excitedly through his veins. He was starting to tingle. "Ooooh, shards...you are...great. You're great. More please?"

Wow, he sounded like a babbling idiot, but how could he not? Why on Pern was he wasting the best day of his life while he was still so young?! He bit his lip anxiously and sat up a little, as best he could in his condition. "...Can I touch you?"

He asked, but he was already well on his way.  He slipped his hand up C'dhin's leg and moved to examine his abdomen and then his chest. Such elegant beauty...

C'dhin
of Green Coroth

Date of Birth
09.02.708, 31
Height
6'0
Eyes
Pale Green
Build
Cuddly
Hair
Dark blonde

Threads

C’dhin paused to look at I’shan when he asked a question that, in his books, was ridiculous. His expression echoed that as well. “I certainly hope you do! I mean, I did throw myself into your lap and am nearly naked for you.” I’shan was a bluerider, wasn’t he? Why wasn’t he already all over him, molesting every inch of bare skin and exposing more? He was a lowly greenrider and had certainly been grabbed by one or two men before with that mindset. True, he was drawn to I’shan all the more for not being a typical bluerider since they started talking but some situations sort of demanded it!

He shivered under I’shan’s touch and a light gasp escaped from parted lips as C’dhin wondered what he was doing given the circumstances. You’re enjoying yourself, hun. Well, you would be if you’d stop think and take advantage of the man you have pinned to the bed. His dragon; the speaker of blunt truths as she saw them. C’dhin still found it hard to disagree despite the fact that he’d known I’shan for minutes, the man was hurt, and they could be walked in on at any moment. Given that he was a greenrider and his dragon was flying constantly, it wasn’t like he had any shame anymore. Everyone knew when he was getting laid with her in the sky and who captured him. Then stop being so… so flippy floppy. Shut up and kiss the nice man, Cori!

C’dhin took her advice and shut up to kiss the nice man again. He really wasn’t sure how far I’shan would want to go but C’dhin knew he wasn’t about to say no to anything he was given a chance at.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

It was admittedly difficult for I'shan to control himself. After his previous relationships and his experiences frightened greenriders, he wanted  badly to be inviting and not aggressive. He still remembered how terrible it felt the moment he realized B'jin was afraid of him, or A'liran's vicious hatred upon being captured in flight. The last tihng I'shan wanted to do was cause pain, but it was ingrained in him to take what he wanted from greenriders. C'dhin was just so inviting and appealing, though! By the time  C'dhin offered his charming reply, I'shan was all but trembling with anticipation. He wasn't used to asking for permission, but as he eagerly dove into another kiss with the lovely greenrider, he hoped that his patience proved virtuous in the long run. C'dhin seemed inviting, just as excited as I'shan was!

"Shards, you're hot," I'shan growled playfully right before sealing his lips to his partner's. He let his hands run up and down C'dhin's back while he playfully flickered his tongue against the other man's tongue and lips. He squeezed the man as tightly as he dared, encouraging the greenrider to return his enthusiastic kiss. I'shan came up for air after a few seconds, a silly grin smeared across his face. "You're so sweet. Do I have to let you go? I think I'll just keep you in here with me," he purred playfully. How he wished! This lovely creature had come right to him and offered himself up, and the lonely bluerider was loathe to be left alone again. "You have no idea what it means to have a visitor," I'shan whispered in C'dhin's ear before giving it a fleeting nibble. His hands crept around to C'dhin's front, sweeping up to trail over his chest before dropping low once more.

I'shan smirked. He was certainly excited; he could feel himself becoming aroused, and he found himself watching with amused anticipation to see how C'dhin would react to feeling it poking up at him. "What do you wanna do then, beautiful?" Shard this broken leg! What  I'shan wouldn't have given to just toss C'dhin under neath him, roll over, and go to town. Fate had a sense of humor, but that didn't mean that all was lost!

C'dhin
of Green Coroth

Date of Birth
09.02.708, 31
Height
6'0
Eyes
Pale Green
Build
Cuddly
Hair
Dark blonde

Threads

C’dhin’s cheeks were flushed both with embarrassment and the light touching I’shan was giving him. He certainly wasn’t a hesitant virgin but the greenrider couldn’t say he had done much of their current activities either. He normally didn’t go around jumping people that were bedbound and encouraging them to have their way with him. It was hard to say what it was about the bluerider that kept drawing him in, enthralling him, but C’dhin suspected it was simply a combination of good looks and kindness. Nothing was being taken without permission and that was appreciated.

Fingers ran gently through I’shan’s hair as they continued to explore each other as calmly as they could. Knowing that one of them was badly injured and even the slightest jarring could cause pain made the greenrider somewhat self-conscious and far too focused on his actions. Being too spontaneous in such a situation wouldn’t work to his favour and C’dhin definitely didn’t want to upset or hurt I’shan. Being asked what he wanted to do caused a grin to appear. He had quite the list of things at the ready! But the cautious approach to everything kept him reigned in and finally, the grin turned to a wicked smirk. “I’m sure we can come up with a thing or two to pass the time.” He really didn’t have anywhere else to go and nowhere else currently seemed as inviting.

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)