World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

Stress [R'nd]

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Archived
It was getting late, but that didn't seem to bother the young Harper terribly. Erisi was sitting underneath a tree that was partially his. How he found the same sharding tree was beyond him, but he had re-discovered it earlier in the afternoon. For kicks, he was sitting on Valerian's side of the tree. He didn't expect the other Harper to show up, but if the man did then they would be in for an interesting argument. Erisi really wasn't that inspired to defend his right to part of a tree, but right now the entertainment would be welcomed. It was just starting to get dark, in that the sky was turning from a rich blue into a more somber gold. Soon the sky would be a splattering of red and purple, finally to blue and then black. Erisi would have to start trekking back to Katila Weyr soon if he didn't want to get caught in the dark.

But, for some reason he couldn't be bothered to move. He had brought out a snack for himself, and a grand accompaniment of wine. He hadn't drank enough to be drunk, but he was definitely feeling its effects slowing him down. His sweet rolls and pieces of dried meat had been consumed a while ago, and did little now to counteract the intake of wine. He'd be able to find his way back fine while tipsy, but the problem was that he just wasn't motivated. It was like Erisi to seek out a quiet place to avoid the rest of the Weyr. It was unlikely Erisi to be on the verge of getting drunk while being alone.

He figured the occasion called for it. While he had gotten out of his talk with the Weyrleader nearly unscathed, the fact remained that he was going to be I'shan's drudge for one calling, and one calling was really all it took. This Weyr really had it out for him, trying to get him to play nice with the person who had kidnapped him. Surely D'ren was testing him, but if that was the case... Erisi was going to fail. He was going to end up punching I'shan in the face again, and this time he would end up on Candidate Isle. Maybe he'd be there long enough to escape the oncoming Hatching.

Shells.

That was sharding brilliant.

Sure, he'd be suffering for a few sevendays, but if he missed the Hatching, it would be worth it!

Somehow, in his tipsy mind, he realized that it probably wouldn't work. He only realized this because no one else seemed to be trying his brilliant new avoid-the-Hatching plan. If it was such a great idea, someone would have tried it before.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

R'nd
of Blue Ayyonth

Date of Birth
09.11.703, 41
Height
6'2
Eyes
Grey
Build
Fit
Hair
Blonde, shaggy

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
R’nd really couldn’t say why he was wandering out in the forest at sunset other than that he was a tad on the restless side and simply wanted to be away from everyone for a while. It wasn’t that he was feeling out of sorts or avoiding a particularly mad past lover, though those sometimes did appear as did the weeping ones,  but even a flirtatious bluerider sometimes had need of shutting down and enjoying quiet time and a stroll through amongst the trees with dusk approaching always suited that requirement. Ever since the exile brought on by the plague, he had learned to enjoy being in nature, though it also helped that Ayyonth couldn’t as easily follow him on his outings. You know it doesn’t matter if I’m beside you or not. R’nd smiled, sending his fondness for the blue beauty as he replied with a laugh, Don’t I know it! You can pester me no matter where I go. I only stroll through the forest for peace of mind while you socialize with the others so don’t try to guilt me for leaving you behind.

At Ayyonth’s laughter, R’nd rolled his eyes, knowing he had just been teased into defending his actions without the dragon even trying this time. Clearly he actually was out of sorts. It made sense given everything that had been happening lately. Kerrin was being completely odd—more so than usual—he had won the flight with B’jin which still made him a little giddy and I’shan’s secrets and gossiping still swirled in his mind. It was sort of amusing how all of the issues linked together in some way or another whether it be circumstances leading to initial meetings or emotions riding high from one wonderful day and night. So perhaps he did have more reasons beside wanting to get away from everything for a while.

It was thanks to being so caught up in his musings about some of the men in his life that R’nd didn’t see the figure leaning against the tree, partially tucked away in the growing shadows of the forest. Normally his keen eyesight would have spotted something out of the ordinary and had him approaching with caution but one step and then another led him straight towards outstretched legs and he connected, sending the bluerider stumbling. R’nd managed to keep on his feet but only just and spun around to see what had obviously jumped out in front of him to trip him up. Finding a less than pleased man sitting there brought on a startled expression which quickly turned apologetic as R’nd dropped to one knee for a better look at who it was.

“Oops,” it wasn’t the most eloquent of first words for a first meeting but that was what R’nd was going with as he offered a small smile at the man he had already deemed as handsome and unknown to him. “Sorry about that. That was completely my fault and I’m rather embarrassed about it. I typically don’t trip over people,” no, people were more likely to trip over themselves when near him, his ego easily supplied.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 500 Posts!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Erisi was dressed mildly again, though his definition of mild was still dressed up. His boots came up to mid-calf, dark pants tucked underneath. The usual sash was tied elegantly at his hips, this time a light gold. With the colder weather beginning to set in, he had switched to long-sleeved shirts. It was still early in the season, so it wasn't unbearably chilly. If it had been, Erisi would not have been sitting underneath a tree right now. He would have been curled up next to the nearest fire, or underneath a body that could provide far more warmth than a fire. Erisi couldn't really decide which would be more suitable for the chill. Either way, he was still dressed remotely nice, despite this being normal wear for him. Erisi was someone who prided himself on his looks, and well, his good taste.

He had brought the skin of wine back to his lips, taking a deep drink of its contents. It was a sweeter wine, which ran towards his preferences. Erisi was known to drink anything else with alcohol, if that was all that could be provided for him, but wine was definitely his favorite. That could be a reason why he had secluded himself from the other Candidates - he simply did not want to share his take. It seemed that whatever free marks he got went to wine, and while he seemed to drink a lot, it was usually in small quantities over a great length of time. For all appearances, Erisi was not a drunkard. Wine just helped him feel happier from time to time.

With a content sigh, he leaned his head against the bark of the tree, allowing his eyes to drift close for a few moments. Easily he could fall asleep, though that likely wouldn't be the safest plan. Fortunately, luck would so have it that someone else would snap him back awake so he wouldn't have to go through the effort himself. Erisi was startled awake as someone's foot caught against his leg, eyes snapping wide open with shock as he witnessed R'nd stumbling over him. The wine in his system prevented him from jumping to an immediate state of anger. Rather, he was sure he was suffering from a mild heart attack, and another shock to his system was surely going to give him an outright stroke.

"Shells!" he exclaimed, drawing his legs into his body to prevent further mishaps (even though the gesture was a few moments too late). Whomever the man was, he was suddenly down on one knee in front of him. Erisi wasn't sure if the gesture was out of concern for him, or if R'nd had twisted his ankle and was really good at masking his pain. Erisi's blue eyes flashed over the other man, lighted just dimly underneath the cover of the trees. The fact that R'nd was attractive was probably aiding to curb Erisi's anger, but there was still a flash of irritation in his icy eyes.

"It wasn't like I was, y'know, hiding here, waiting to trip you."

R'nd
of Blue Ayyonth

Date of Birth
09.11.703, 41
Height
6'2
Eyes
Grey
Build
Fit
Hair
Blonde, shaggy

Threads

The man was taking it better than he suspected though he did still have some spunk. R’nd was intrigued by the mysterious man already and chuckled softly, “you would be surprised at what I have had done to or around me to get my attention.” He had had a woman toss herself literally into his arms, items dropped in front of him to halt his stride, and fake incidents that would have him rushing over to offer assistance because he was still a decent man underneath his bed-hopping, so someone purposely tripping him so he would stop to talk to them wasn’t out of the realm of possibility. However, he believed this was entirely unintentional and simply the result of two men in their own worlds that got lucky it wasn’t anything worse or with someone else that would have thrown down the gloves and already demanded retribution for the slight.

“What are you doing out here at this… well, not entirely late hour? Have I stumbled upon you waiting for a secret lover?”  Good luck with that! It was hard to keep anything a secret in the Weyr, especially if it was who won the latest flight, but the weyrfolk were far too bored given how often they gossiped but any and everything. It wouldn’t surprise the bluerider, though, for some to try escaping watchful eyes by coming to the forest or the lake and hoping no one else had the same idea. As he did another scan of the man, content in the knowledge his carelessness didn’t seem to have caused injury, the attire that had been chosen and lack of a blanket to make such a meeting more comfortable changed his mind rather quickly. The skin of wine also led R’nd to a new conclusion.

“Or perhaps you’re out here for the same reason I am. To get away for a while.” Sucked to be them both if that was case since they were now together. R’nd found he wasn’t in a hurry just yet to correct that either.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Erisi scoffed, tossing R'nd a clearly dignified look that spoke well for what he thought about R'nd's comment. "Don't think me so desperate for attention as to purposefully trip you." The words themselves were a challenge, and it didn't help that Erisi spoke in a haughty tone, as if he were above R'nd. In his opinion, he was. It didn't really surprise him if R'nd had run into a few cases of desperation from sex-starved wherries. The man was attractive enough to have a few bad run-ins, but was not so attractive that Erisi would have gone out of his way to injure the man just to talk with him. Besides, he had nearly been asleep before R'nd inelegantly tripped over his legs. There was no way he could have seen R'nd coming, and now that R'nd was here, he had no idea what to do with the man. If he was more sober, he would have been livid with being walked over like that. He would have chased R'nd away with a few biting words.

Being tipsy, he was far more forgiving than what was his norm.

"Do I look like the sort of person to walk in the woods just to keep my latest conquest a secret?" For a brief moment, there was a flicker of a smile upon his face. He really was easier to get along with when he had some wine in his system. His words, however, were true. Erisi would have preferred the comfort of a bed towards the wet forest floor. There were few people he'd seek out as physical companions in Katila Weyr, and the only one he was invested in was so new to the lifestyle that there was no way Erisi was dragging him off into a sharding forest to fool around with. "I was napping, until you tripped on me. It was a pleasant nap, too."

R'nd's suggestion was far more accurate, though. With a sigh, Erisi rested his head back against the tree, staring at R'nd levelly. Still, he had no idea what to do with the somewhat egotistical man. R'nd positively breathed confidence, and there were who could overshadow Erisi in that area. "I guess you could say that. I can't stand all the Weyr activity. I prefer to drink my wine in peace," and so he did... at least take a sip out of his wine skin. He hadn't offered any to R'nd, and it was likely that he wouldn't for a while.

R'nd
of Blue Ayyonth

Date of Birth
09.11.703, 41
Height
6'2
Eyes
Grey
Build
Fit
Hair
Blonde, shaggy

Threads

“Hmm,” R’nd gave another appraisal, taking in not only attire but mannerisms, and even the way Erisi spoke before a smirk appeared, “no, you look like the sort that would look amazing sprawled out naked on a bed of fine materials with his hair tousled free of the binding, fanning out on a pillow.” It was remarkable how well his creative mind could bring that image to life and it wasn’t necessarily a bad image to have at that. It was in that moment that R’nd decided he liked the snippy man that seemed a bit tipsy and had no desire to leave until he was expressly told to. It was possible his little quip about how he viewed Erisi might earn him that dismissal though! But he was willing to chance it and shifted to move from his crouch into a proper sitting position. His pants might come away dirty and with a damp bottom from the ground but if he was lucky, the meeting of this man would make it worth it.

“The Weyr can be a bit of a handful at times, especially when you’re new to the life,” R’nd suspected Erisi of being a Stolen Candidate as they seemed close to the same age and the man hadn’t Stood for the Renewed Hope clutch like he had. It didn’t help that he knew most of the weyrfolk and riders by sight, if not by name as well given his outgoing and friendly personality. But those that were Stolen were a bit harder to deal with, as he had found out during his time as a Candidate. They weren’t too thrilled at being at Katila, which R’nd could understand why but he also knew why it had to be done. It was going to be an unavoidable topic given both of their positions within the Weyr but he was confident in how well he could handle it this time around.

“May I have the honour of knowing your name along with your company for a while this evening? I promise I’m far more entertaining than sitting in silence and won’t beg for a sip of your wine.”

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Erisi stared R'nd down for a few moment, his wide eyes hinting at his surprise for how bold R'nd's words were. The man was certainly a person who knew his own physical worth, and was willing to press to see where it got him. R'nd was someone that Erisi took the time to evaluate. There was an aloofness in his expression as he weighed the benefits and drawbacks of the opportunity that had run into him. He finally came to the conclusion that if R'nd was truly interested, he was going to have to work for it. Erisi was easy, but there was a certain thrill for him in the chase. "That's a vivid imagination you have," he answered loftily, his voice practically bred with arrogance. "It's almost sad that it is all you got." If Erisi didn't want R'nd around, that would have been made clear sooner. But he was... interested. He couldn't find the will to turn R'nd away just yet.

"It's a handful all of the time. Katila is not exactly my ideal for a home away from home. I don't think it ever will be." That just about could confirm R'nd's suspicions then and there. Erisi was a Stolen Candidate, and one of those that were particularly bitter over his situation. That was why he needed his wine every now and again, that was why he had only sought out Talian's companionship. He couldn't bring himself to like anyone else enough for it. He didn't want the dragonriders to know that his resolve was slipping, which he was sure would be indicated the moment he got back to sleeping around like his normal habits dictated.

"Erisi," he supplied shortly, and took another sip of his wine as if to emphasize that he wasn't giving it up just yet. "Good, I'm not really feeling inclined to share it. It's hard to find wine to my taste." Despite answering R'nd's inquiries, he wasn't giving up much more information than R'nd had asked for. Usually, he would have given none at all to the man. "And you are?" Normally, he would not also ask for the name of someone who had blindly tripped over him. The wine really was a miracle worker for Erisi.

R'nd
of Blue Ayyonth

Date of Birth
09.11.703, 41
Height
6'2
Eyes
Grey
Build
Fit
Hair
Blonde, shaggy

Threads

Everything R’nd had thought to say in reply to Erisi died the moment he heard the man’s name. Shards but it figured I’shan’s little troublemaker he Searched would be the current object of his attention. Not that it really meant anything in the end since R’nd wasn’t the sort to pass judgement on someone based solely on what he heard from others. It could be considered a heads up and used to direct conversations accordingly and prepare for reactions but he much preferred doing the judging on his own terms. Holding onto his easy smile that didn’t falter upon hearing the name, R’nd began his fancy reply, “It is indeed an honour and a pleasure, Erisi.” It was just a shame he couldn’t decide the best way to introduce himself.

Forgive my upcoming slight against you, Ayyonth, but I believe this may be easier to get the blow of talking to a rider out of the way first before working up to mentioning you. Given how much Erisi apparently hated I’shan, a bluerider, R’nd figured he’d work on one problem at a time by addressing the ‘rider’ portion before the ‘blue’. At least he wasn’t a Searchrider, which had to earn him some sort of points. You’re forgiven this time, since you typically know what you’re doing.

“I’m R’nd and,” his smile, friendly and easy-going during the pleasant exchange sharpened into a devious grin as he leaned forward to bring one handsome face inches from another as fingers brushed under Erisi’s chin to encourage him to keep from turning away, “I’m known to bring all of my creative visions to life with guaranteed satisfaction.” He sat back, expression now smug as he waited for Erisi’s reaction. He honestly didn’t know what it would but knew it would be interesting regardless.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

The man had a fanciful way of speaking that Erisi couldn't be bothered to imitate. He knew how to talk well in front of people that mattered, but he hardly though that this man was so great a person that he had to kiss ass to him. From his estimation, R'nd was talking in such a way because it was either natural for him, or because he was trying to win over Erisi's favor. If the latter of those two was the way R'nd was operating, Erisi couldn't decide if it was working or not. He already felt the inclination towards the man, but not so much that he was going to show it. For him, it was more fun this way. Either R'nd would give up, or press on with him.

Erisi was kind of hoping that R'nd would.

Or at least he was until he heard the man's name. That was definitely an honorific. R'nd was a dragonrider, and in the dying sunlight he couldn't quite tell what dragon he rode. He supposed that as long as he wasn't a Searchrider, than Erisi wasn't immediately turned off. He hadn't heard R'nd's name come up with the other stolen Candidates. The likelihood that R'nd was a Searchrider was slim, but still, it was a slight sharding turn off to discover the man's occupation. He reached for his wine to drown down that thought, but his fingers never quite made it to the skin.

Well, shells.

R'nd's face was only so far from his face as the distance of his breath. Fingers touched his chin lightly, which perhaps was the boldest mood without turning him off that someone had made. He probably wouldn't have looked away from R'nd's face to begin with, and now he definitely didn't. R'nd was handsome, with dirty blonde hair that wasn't entirely common. His face was one that was definitely suited to kissing, though Erisi would never say that aloud. The action itself was just so bold, it reeked of confidence and... Erisi liked it. The initial spark of interest was now being kindled, and Erisi wasn't sober enough to hide that expression from his face immediately. When R'nd leaned back, Erisi quickly pulled his composure back together, because he would consider himself a wherry for making it easy on the dragonrider.

"It's nice to meet you, R'nd, even if you did bruise my calf when you tripped yourself up over it." It seemed that R'nd's gesture to come on to him would be completely ignored, instead of giving R'nd something to feed off. There was calculation in Erisi's blue eyes - it was clear that he was interested, and also clear he considered himself well enough of a catch that R'nd was going to have to work for it. "Is it a dragonrider habit to invade someone's personal space?"

R'nd
of Blue Ayyonth

Date of Birth
09.11.703, 41
Height
6'2
Eyes
Grey
Build
Fit
Hair
Blonde, shaggy

Threads

So far, the meeting was going well given each of their status within the Weyr since Erisi didn't start ranting and raving. Perhaps the man was starting to calm down and accept the strange twist of fate it was just the wine slowing his reaction time. That was just one of the many signs of encouragement in R'nd's eyes to continue on his usual chosen path when meeting someone new that he found attractive.

“Only when they seem to want their space invaded,” R’nd replied with an air of ease, not bothered at all by the grumping and attempt at complaining. He had seen the way blue eyes shone with interest at the barest of touches and the close proximity and knew a game was now on. He probably shouldn't be fraternizing with the Candidates now that there were eggs on the Sands given the fact that they wouldn't have time to even think about sexual activities for quite some time should they Impress. But he wasn't one to play fair nor was he one to settle into some sort of lasting relationship so in the end, there wasn't much to worry about. That is, assuming his playmates could last that long without tracking him down again.

"May I inspect the injury? I'd like to know how much guilt you're allowed to get out of me and whether talented fingers offering a massage would soothe some pain." He had already pegged Erisi as a man who enjoyed the finer things in life and a little pampering. R'nd was much the same way and while he did like being the one to receive massages, he was just as good at giving them, though they were a rare treat and not offered to everyone.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

"You must be very bad with your assumptions, then," Erisi drawled dryly. Of course, if he actually minded his space being taken over, R'nd would have heard of it far more aggressively than the almost casual tone Erisi used now. The wine was definitely playing to R'nd's favor, though it was likely that Erisi still wouldn't have turned him down. Erisi couldn't tell, anyways, if he'd accept the man's advances if he were more sober. It wasn't like he had no opportunity to sleep around. He just hadn't acted on it, considering it an act of acclimation. Erisi was so against adjusting to Weyr life, that he was willing to cut back on a few of habits.

R'nd was just a hard man to pass up on.

Erisi's eyes remained level on R'nd's face, and he mulled the man's question over in his mind. While a massage was sounding awfully nice to the high-maintenance man, he was sure that agreeing to it would give away his interest. Of course, that was with assuming that he hadn't already. R'nd wasn't backing down with his flirtatious advances, so Erisi was confident that he had given the dragonrider enough of a hint for the man to press on. The question that was still up for debate was if Erisi wanted to make it easy on R'nd, or continue to play a game of 'hard to get'.

The young Harper decided to make a compromise between 'yes' and 'no'. "You can, only if I'm allowed to guilt you more for the invasion of my space and privacy." He wasn't exactly sure how he'd guilt R'nd or what he'd earn with it. Erisi was far more interested in simply playing the game, and didn't care for much besides discovering how the final result would go. It really was difficult for him to pass up an opportunity like this. Erisi didn't bother to stretch out or offer his injured leg to R'nd, allowing the man to do the work for him. Instead, he remained relaxed and poised with his back against the tree, as if unaffected by the situation or their game of words.

R'nd
of Blue Ayyonth

Date of Birth
09.11.703, 41
Height
6'2
Eyes
Grey
Build
Fit
Hair
Blonde, shaggy

Threads

“Then we have a deal,” R’nd wasn’t really the sort to know what the emotion of guilt was nor did he usually have someone trying to make him feel bad for invading their space but he was confident he could play the part properly if Erisi wanted him to. This was all a game and R’nd knew the harper felt the same way. He had noticed the hesitation that came before the answer and to the arrogant bluerider that indicated Erisi was trying to find the best way to get what he wanted without sounding too eager. R’nd could respect that. In fact, he did by allowing the man to affect the lazy position that would make him do all of the work for the massage so generously offered.

While he was far more used to hands deftly ripping clothes off himself and a lover, R’nd knew how to take his time in undressing someone as well and slowly pushed up the pant leg to just above the knee, leaving him plenty of room to work. With the steadily setting sun, it was becoming harder to see as well amongst the trees but R’nd made do, only leaning in closely once to properly inspect the calf to make sure he truly hadn’t done some horrible mangling that would bring out true guilt. Satisfied with what he saw, or rather didn’t see, and deciding it may be a little tender come tomorrow, he laid both hands upon the exposed limb to begin a light caressing massage. “I’m pleased to see you won’t lose your leg overnight but I’m also appropriately saddened to know that I’m the cause of you sporting a reddened marking.” A frown was directed at Erisi to help show that he was indeed very sad while hands continued working up down the leg with the pressure slightly increasing so it wouldn’t be confused for something horrible like clumsy fondling.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

The setting sun was now a slight concern for Erisi. The truth of the matter was that he neither wanted to romp around in the middle of the forest, nor did he want difficulty finding his way back home because it was dark. The entire idea of laying back on wet, mossy earth, was disgusting. Erisi at least liked to pretend to be civilized (though, with how much he got around, there was little means left for him to convince someone that he was a proper young man). Copulating on the forest floor, which he was sure they would eventually end up at, was not the exact picture he had in mind for how this went. If caught up in the moment, sure, he'd have been easily convinced that the forest was a sharding good place to get it on. Slow and steady was the preferred method right now. Erisi hadn't been fully engaged with a partner for so long that he wanted to drag this out. He wanted this to last, because he wasn't sure if another dragonrider would be able to convince him that this was a good idea.

It probably wasn't a good idea, but Erisi paid that thought no mind. R'nd was a hard offer to pass up on.

The massage was surprisingly nice. He should have expected it out of a man who was as flirtatious as R'nd, but he assumed R'nd was the type for quick trysts. The man certainly wouldn't have to work hard to find himself a partner. Usually, Erisi didn't either, but he had been picky as of late. There were a few he'd consider, but... Erisi rarely pursued, and did that even less now. The only person he had actively sought out was Talian, and well, that boy needed a sharding push in the right direction. But really, now wasn't the time to think about past partners. Instead, he enjoyed the firm massage, finding himself to be surprisingly relaxed with the attention. Before, Erisi seemed to have a slight guard up. He always did around dragonriders - it was quickly becoming a natural reaction when he came across one.

"It's on my leg, I doubt anyone is really going to see it," Erisi answered lightly. The temptation to push things a little forward himself flickered at the edges of his mind. He knew that he wanted R'nd to work for it. He also knew that R'nd was probably certain of Erisi's interest in him. The game was nothing more than a facade to prolong their interaction. "It's getting dark. I hope you're better at finding your way out of this forest at nighttime than I am, because I sharding suck." Why had he emphasized the word 'suck'? Huh.

R'nd
of Blue Ayyonth

Date of Birth
09.11.703, 41
Height
6'2
Eyes
Grey
Build
Fit
Hair
Blonde, shaggy

Threads

With that one little word used in what should have been an innocent way being emphasized as it had; R’nd knew this playtime was well worth the effort. “I certainly hope you do,” he gave a wicked grin that promised every naughty thing Erisi could think up and then some as a hand slid over the barrier of the rolled pant leg to rest high on a thigh while leaning in closer. He could continue to take it slow, draw out the game they had both silently agreed to play but Erisi’s slip up by showing his mind was already picturing them doing far more interesting things than a leg massage and casual bantering that was thinly veiled flirting encouraged R’nd to change tactics. He was adaptable and read people well and he could do nothing more than believe Erisi was ready to leave the forest and move onto something more entertaining.

“I guess you could say I know my way since I always end up right where I want to be,” his grin remained in place while hands returned to acting innocent by rolling down the pant leg and smoothing it down as he sat back to survey his work and then the Harper himself. He anticipated some light grumblings done more out of a need from their verbal play but R’nd was confident enough in what he had already laid down that he continued on the new path he selected for them and stood, brushing at his own pants this time. “I’d like it if you returned to my hut with me. It’s far more comfortable than a damp forest floor and I can continue to ….attend… to you there.” Any remaining subtlety had just been abandoned and left for the wherries to enjoy.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

His smile was brief, a flicker of positive expression across a face that seemed incompatible with the emotion. R'nd had caught on to his words, as Erisi expected he should have. If R'nd was half the man he was acting now, he wouldn't be able to ignore the almost blatant inflection on the word 'suck'. Erisi was comfortable with their game, content to let more lewd comments slip into their conversation as he saw fit. But, his words seemed to have given R'nd even more confidence (the dragonrider surely wasn't lacking in that department, and a few others that he did not need to mention). A hand slipped up his thigh, and instantly Erisi couldn't help but desire for that hand to creep just a bit higher. He certainly had been lacking for physical companionship if he was this eager for someone.

His usual game was to lay back, let things fall into place. If he was interested, he could be persuaded. If he wasn't interested, he could pretend to be persuaded until he got bored and left. This was one of the few times when he wanted to push things into action. With R'nd so close, he wanted to do nothing else but kiss the man. That would, however, give up the game. Erisi weighed the benefits and drawbacks to losing his own game, and still couldn't quite decide if he wanted to keep the act up. R'nd seemed more than happy to play this game with him, and well, certainly was about to be rewarded for it.

"I was wondering if you had tripped over me on purpose," Erisi answered slyly. He really doubted that R'nd had. It had been accidental, but had provided R'nd with an opportunity that couldn't be passed up, and that Erisi himself couldn't pass up. Ah, yes, the game was definitely finished. It had came down to a general consensus that the game could be discarded in times of great need, and this was a time of great need. "The huts are closer to us than the barracks," Erisi replied with feigned reason.

The young Harper rose to his feet, blue eyes steadily observing R'nd. 'Shardit', the thought resonated in his head, and impishly his hand rested on R'nd's shoulder and kissed him. The kiss was brief, a sort of prelude to what was to come, a taste and a promise. But, the kiss was made mostly because Erisi couldn't find reason enough not to. "I think the injury is great enough that it needs to be tended to."

R'nd
of Blue Ayyonth

Date of Birth
09.11.703, 41
Height
6'2
Eyes
Grey
Build
Fit
Hair
Blonde, shaggy

Threads

“Accidentally or purposely, I’m glad that I did.” R’nd knew he had won Erisi over even before the kiss came but he thoroughly enjoyed having the physical confirmation as well. It was just the right amount of a playful taste to show what he was in for that the bluerider silently applauded the technique. It was a tactic he used regularly, loving the dreamy look of longing for more just as much as the lusty gaze. It was fun to have it employed on him, though also dangerous now that a certain greenrider crush had ended their little tryst with such a move though R’nd was fairly confident he was the giddy reactions thinking about B’jin brought up, but Erisi earned the lusty gaze for his efforts.

Giving in to his own desire to initiate contact once more before the trek back to his home, R’nd wrapped an arm around Erisi’s waist and pulled him close, giving his own little taste that yes, what laid hidden under stylish clothing was every bit as built and hard as the Harper could fantasize about. Bending down, R’nd brushed his lips over one of Erisi’s ears to whisper, “And I’m not one to turn my back on someone in need,” he gave a little nip to the lobe to punctuate his sentence and untangled himself from the Harper.

He initially hadn’t planned on having a bed mate that night but if he got his way, R’nd hoped to spend most of the darkened hours with Erisi in that delightful image of earlier; sprawled out on his fine bedding with his hair fallen loose from the binding.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

R'nd was greeted with a confident smile. Erisi had played the game plenty of times before to know how to earn the right reaction. He was young, but not inexperienced. One would have thought he'd fit in perfectly with the Weyr's environment, for all he behaved like a dragonrider. But, the Harper was stubborn to the very core of his being. He was resisting every element of Katila Weyr just because he could, and felt vindictive for how they had stolen him from his life. Perhaps, caving into R'nd was his first step to accepting a new lifestyle. But, then again maybe he was just embracing his old one again. "I think I am, too." Which was about the most positive thing Erisi would probably say to anyone.

An arm wound about his waist, and he was dragged against the tempting heat of R'nd's body. If Erisi had teased R'nd before, the dragonrider was certainly getting him back for it now. It was hard for the Harper to ignore the hard contours of R'nd's body. He discovered his hands to be aching for the chance to feel that body with no restrictions. With the way things were going, and how badly Erisi wanted to respond, he feared for the trek back to R'nd's hut. Not because it would be filled with any sort of peril, but rather because he was sure they just weren't going to make it back. Erisi had been too long without proper companionship, and it was hard for him to find the will to restrain his yearning...

Especially with R'nd nipping at his ear. He made a conscious effort to steady his breath, and silently bid his hormones to stop overreacting. His hands found a resting place on R'nd's shoulder, so when the man untangled himself it was easy for Erisi to bid him back.

Because, shard it, he was not letting R'nd have the final piece before the walk back home.

He made it seem like he had something to say, as if something was weighing on the tip of his tongue, begging to be birthed. Rather, it was a fanciful desire to be a tease. He leaned up, as if he would kiss R'nd to reward the dragonrider for the taste. Erisi paused, lips just short of the bluerider's, likely not even a breadth away... and he slyly smiled. Erisi drew back, giving R'nd a fond conciliatory pat on the shoulder and turned to head back down the way he had come into the forest. "I sure hope not. I'm in great need."

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)