World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

Foolish Pride, Old Anger [Solo]

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Deceased
"Good job, son.  I've always thought you should use a firmer hand with your brown."  T'rel's words were soft, the compliment for his son rare and sincere.  He ignored the boy's dragon, though felt Berruth's concern for the horrified brown in the back edges of his mind.  He knew his bronze was aching for the brown, but discipline was always harshest felt when it was being first established.  Indrith would get used to the harsh hand and eventually be the happier for this moment.

No one was more surprised than he when T'ken raised his eyes to meet his father's gaze dead on.  T'ken studied him, and then shook his head.  "No.  I will not turn my brown into another Berruth.  I will not be like you."  T'ken looked visibly rattled, but T'rel was too pissed at him to care.  When his boy turned to walk away, T'rel's hand clamped on his shoulder, turning him around by force.  Indrith bellowed, then trembled from head to toe as he found he couldn't follow through on what he'd been about to do.  Grateful his bronze had finally found his will, T'rel followed through with a punch to T'ken's face.  It landed, T'rel moving to follow through once again.  He would make his boy submit to his will, show him true discipline.

T'ken twisted this time, blocking the punch with his forearm.  T'rel wasn't sure how he wound up on the ground, staring up at the weyrling.  His son gazed down at him with contempt.  "We part ways here.  We're done.  I never want to see you again, and you will never ‘discipline’ me again."  He stepped backwards, T'rel's boy watching him like he was a vicious feline that might or not attack.  "I want nothing to do with you."

His son didn't want anything to do with him.  His son didn't want to be like him.  His son...The angry words had hit T'rel with a force that had surprised him, for all that part of him had been expecting this from the day that greenrider Ravana had planted herself between him and his boy and told him that her would never harm Terken again.  It still hurt though.

Isn't this what you wanted?  For him to break the cycle?  The bronze hesitated, then nuzzled his rider's shoulder.  He didn't know what to say or do, mostly because his rider didn't know what to feel.  He could feel pain threatening to tip over into rage clouding the bond, T'rel's rare self-blame and the desperate struggle to pin blame on someone, anyone else.  For a moment Berruth wanted to offer himself as being to blame, but he couldn't.  H e didn't have the courage to point that rage at himself.  It didn't matter, his bonded would find a scapegoat for this soon. 

T'rel reached up to touch his dragon and nodded.  I did.  But I wanted him to be able to do it because I did, not because some greenriding whore interfered.  Berruth creeled then sighed, withdrawing from his rider's thoughts.  The bronze quietly wished the departing brownrider well, part of him grieving a boy he too had helped raise.  He didn't remember the specifics, but he remembered the love that had once been between boy and dragon.  He thought, if he tried really hard, he could remember a time T'ken had been able to touch him without guilt and pity staining his mind.

The bronze shifted, curling around his rider protectively.  T'rel had wanted to be a good father.  He had genuinely loved his son.  He wished he could make T'ken see that.  He could, but he knew his bonded would likely never speak to him again.  T'rel had never talked to the boy about how he grew up, and Berruth had long thought he should.  No.  He looked at his bonded through an yellow swirling eye and felt T'rel grip his mind tightly.  I won't have it.  You will never tell T'ken.  The bronze yielded to his rider's wishes.  When he looked toward the weyr again, T'ken's form walking away had been reduced to a speck trailed by a smaller and a larger one.

PA - First Post!

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)