World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [C] 734.06.06 | Stopping to Smell the Roses
2 PM | Darumem

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Deceased
There was so much to see and do at Telgar. It was much, much larger than Coralaese was used to. Hallways of the hold seemed to stretch and branch in an endless maze. One hallway often looked the same as the next that had her lost more than once. Those events always left her flushed and breathless, fearing she was in some area she shouldn’t be in. It was overwhelming after having lived in one small hold her entire life. Her unintended explorations didn’t always end badly. She had found the Archives and had already spent some lovely hours there. Rows and rows of bookshelves with more books than she could ever read or had ever seen before. Many were beyond her ability to understand and some were rather dry records of Telgar’s history. Other though transporting her to places and times she could hardly believe existed. She would have spent all her time there, except she hadn’t been sent all the way to Telgar simply to enjoy the library.

Spring had taken a firm hold, melting the last remaining pockets of snow to nourish new growth. Brown grass and muddy fields had been transformed into carpets of bright green. Brushes and tress were cloak in sweet smelling blossoms. Fields were plowed and planted, rows of pale green shoots making nearly perfect lines against the brown earth. Vegetation wasn’t the only new life. Calves and foals frolicked with the exuberance only youth could offer around their mothers, who grazed and watched them with a patient gaze. It was her favorite time of year. Everything was bursting with new life after the long winter. She couldn’t imagine anyone being gloomy at this time of year, there was simply too much to be happy about. Even with the nagging weight of the task of finding a husband she could not sulk. Today was the perfect opportunity to explore outside the Hold.

Coralaese had shunned her heavy winter attire, opting instead for something light and breathable. Her skirt was a bright blue to rival the clear springs sky which was marred only by billowing white clouds. Her mustard yellow shirt was an unfortunate choice that should have been put out of its misery long ago. She resisted the girlish urge to skip along the garden path. Ladies did not skip. Her smile though could not be suppressed as she wandered past bushes and trees so laden with flowers that their branches sagged beneath the weight. She paused before a flower bed, the perfume of the blooms mixing with the damp earthy scent of freshly turned soiled. Bending she cupped a pink blossom against her hand, guiding it toward her nose as she inhaled it’s sweet, heading aroma. There truly was no better time to be alive.

PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Archived
He was distracted and once again found himself walking along the gardens, this time the private gardens of Lord Telgar. He had managed to gain lodgings in the main Hold during his stay, something he felt he was entitled to due to his status as Holder, even if still under the authority of the Lord Holder of Telgar.

As he walked, his stride graceful and measured he spotted a woman up ahead, bending down to enjoying the scent of the spring flowers. Stopping dead, the first name that came to mind was Kira but the woman before him was all wrong. Her hair too dark, the skin more tanned than pale and he was quite sure the height was completely off too.

Disappointed it wasn't the woman who kept invading his thoughts, Darumem was tempted to take a side path and thus avoid the woman even knowing he was there. He pushed this cowardly thought away. He would never turn away from a woman for such a foolish reason. He resumed his stride, shoulders back and one hand moving in graceful gestures as though it had a mind of it's own.

"Good day to you," Darumem addressed the young woman. He was not sure if she was a serving girl or a daughter or granddaughter of somebody of significance. One glance at her mustard yellow shirt told him she wasn't wealthy. No woman of wealth would wear a shirt that showed obvious age. Talking briefly to a young woman to take his mind off another young woman suited him fine. With the fine spring air and glorious day he may even convince the young woman, if she wasn't a lady of importance, to entertain him this evening. That certainly would be a treat he didn't extend to many.

"It is a fine day to be strolling in the garden and I felt I should introduce myself to a young woman who also is enjoying the garden. I am  Lord Darumem, of Litner Hold."

PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Coralaese made a good show of not jumping in surprise. Her full attention on the new spring blooms she hadn't noticed that she was not alone in enjoying them. Someone else was also taking advantage of the pleasant day and all it had to offer. A male voice politely addressing her from nearby made her take a quick step back as she straightened.  A startled squeak slid past her lips as she turned wide eyed to face the man.

He was older than her, old enough to be her father in fact. Surprisingly he wasn't much taller than her, though her carried himself with a confidence that made the lack of height insignificant. Heart drumming wildly in her chest and a red flush on her cheeks Coralaese dropped into a well schooled curtsey. He was a man of some importance judging by his fine clothes and cultivated speech. "Good day." She answered, raising her gaze to shyly meet his own.

Lord Darumem. She repeated his name to herself, committing it to memory. His greeting was polite and courteous as was to be expected of a holder. Cora smiled politely back, nodding in agreement with his assessment of the day. "It is a pleasure to meet you my Lord Darumem. I'm Coralaese from High Reaches. Not the main hold of course, my father is a minor holder there." She falter just slightly. She'd been instructed by her parents not reveal too much of the family history. She needed to get the topic onto something a little safer "It is a lovely day to be enjoying the garden. I do love spring and this is a beautiful garden. Do you come here often?"

PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Darumem smiled at her little squeak at her reaction to his unexpected appearance. He didn't make it a habit of startling people but seeing a young woman react in such a way, amused him.

He nodded slightly as she introduced herself, his fleshy face making the smile appear much larger than it would on another's face. She was the daughter of a minor Lord Holder, just as he was a Lord of a Minor Hold. A rank equal to any of his own daughters, a shame she was a woman and not a young man. He noticed her hesitation to give more information beyond the minimal to introduce herself. This didn't concern him too much, some ladies felt talking too much about themselves would not be appreciated by men and in many cases they were correct.

"I have been here more often of late than I have in past turns," Darumem responds. He offers his arm. "Will you walk with me, Lady Coralaese? I would appreciate the company for awhile and we can continue our talk as we walk."

"Have you brothers?" He asked a moment later, thinking about his daughters needing proper espousal. He wouldn't make any decisions till he learned more about her and her family's background. He would like his daughters well married and improve his own status because of it.

PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

After her initial alarm Coralaese quickly relaxed. Darumem was polite and his smile and behavior helped to put her at ease. He appeared genuinely friendly. Getting to know the local holder, especially those old enough to have sons around her age, would be beneficial. She was unlikely to find a spouse if no one was aware that she was staying at the hold. If she a good impression on this man it could be very helpful. Beyond that she was also interested in learning more about the various people about the Hold.

She smiled openly at the Darumem as he offered her his arm. She slipped her hand through without hesitation. "Thank you. I would like that very much. You probably know the garden much better than I do, and can show me your favorite spots." She suggested.

Coralaese tipped her head back to admire the pale pink blossoms of a red fruit tree as they passed beneath it. The subtle fruity scent drifted down from the sun warmed blooms, and she drank in the aroma. She had troubling picking an single favorite flower, but redfruit flowers were one she liked a great deal. It reminded her of home and the times she'd spent beneath the trees there. "Oh yes, a younger brother named Ragifen. He'll be turning eight soon. I've never missed one of his birthdays before." She dropped her gaze. It was difficult being so far away from the only family she'd ever known. "Do you have any children Lord Darumem?" She asked.

PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Her warm smile and acceptance of his offer pleased Darumem. Once her hand was on his arm he started to walk, moving with a smooth grace one wouldn't expect in a man.

"I have not come here too often so I do not claim I know all the nooks and crannies this wonderful garden possesses," he admitted. As he talked his free hand moved in eloquent waves revealing he was definitely the sort who 'talked' with his hands. "However I do have a favorite spot or two, perfect for more private conversations should we feel the need of it."

"You do not expect to be home for his coming birthday?" Darumem inquired. He looked her over quickly as he wondered if she was here to be espoused. She did look about the age of his eldest daughter who he was definitely in need to find a husband for. A shame she had no older brothers. "Or are you here with the intention of staying?"

"Myself I have four surviving children, all daughters and three of them are of an age to be espoused. One of the reasons I am here, to find them good husbands. Unfortunately your brother is too young to be suitable." Darumem considered a moment before continuing. "My youngest daughter is five, she may be suitable for him. I will have to contact your father about the possibility, what is his name?"

PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Cora nodded agreeably as Darumem spoke, his free hand moving in tandem with his words. She found it the graceful gestures amusing. "I'm sure running your own hold keeps you quite busy, especially during this time of year." She knew her own father was often out checking on fields and herds, and making sure everything was in order. If fields were not sown soon enough the crops would not mature in time for harvest and people and animals would go hungry. Running a hold, even a small one, was a full time job.

She reached down and let her finger tips brush against the tops of a bed of flowers. "Oh ah." She stammered, jerking her fingers away from the flowers. "I'm not really sure, though I am assuming not. I am to be receiving bookkeeping and accounting lessons while I am here. I am sure it will take me at least a few months of study to master." Darumem seemed nice, but she didn't feel it was proper to discuss the real reason behind her visit. She disliked having to keep something hidden, but had little choice in the matter. She'd never been particularly skilled at any sort of political maneuvering. Even if she did try, her attempts wouldn't be very subtle. She lacked the ability to deceive or manipulate with any sort of conviction.

She kept her gaze on the flower beds lining the path. Darumem's description of his daughters paralleled her own situation. Coralease had no desire to be in any sort of competition with any Telgar women for suitors. That did seem to be the case and there wasn't much she could really do about it. It also didn't  bode well for her own chances. "Raelgife." She answered with a quick smile. "I'll make sure to write him and let him know to expect your correspondence." She wasn't sure what plans her father had for Ragifen, if any. Making inquires about such things sooner rather than later seemed best. "Were any of your daughters able join you on this visit?" She asked.

PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

"It certainly does keep me quite busy, I expect all under my command and my roof to work hard and give every effort possible to get a job done. I certainly work hard to achieve all that I have and plan to do." Darumem stood tall, proud of the efforts he spent all these years to reach the status he had now. Soon he intended to have the status he deserved. "I have duties which bring me here and my steward will oversee things back home and keep me up to date via regular messages till I return."

He watched her as Coralaese gazed upon the flowers. He had little interest in the plants all around for what they were but it was a peaceful and pleasant smelling environment for contemplation. Or unexpected companionship. Looking her over Darumem suspected Coralaese was of an age an espousal would be in the works if not already arranged. It wouldn't surprise him if her father wasn't hoping she will catch the eye of a worthy candidate to be a future spouse.

It didn't cross Darumem's mind she may be suitable for him as a spouse as his mind was once again thinking about the young woman he literally ran into not all that long ago. He wanted to speak with Miss Kira again, see if he couldn't find out more about her personally, her talents, anything to give him confidence she was worthy of such a high ranking man as himself.

"I am sure you will do well in your lessons, such skills will be useful in running a household's domestic ends for your husband." Darumem didn't really feel women should learn more than that, though a Holder's wife would be expected to know some bookkeeping and administration skills to take care of managing the domestic side of things while her husband took care of the more important aspects.

"Raelgife," Darumem repeated, his grey blue eyes looking into Coralaese's brown. "I will remember the name. I am sure he and I can work things out one way or another, no need to worry about such a discussion."

"None of my daughters came with me this visit but my eldest is likely to join me come the next Gather. Weather permitting of course," Darumem had to endure his daughter's protests at being left behind, as they wanted to enjoy the sights Telgar had to offer but more, or so Darumem suspected, check out the young men likely to be around. Darumem was not opposed to one of his daughter's choosing their own future husband as long as that choice was one he benefited from. The last thing he needed was his daughters trying to marry some insignificant man who would not bring him any political power. Thus far as he was concerned, best he find them suitable husbands and they can leave childhood fantasies unformed. "I expect Daresa would like you, she is about the same age as I believe you are."

He took a turn along the many paths running through the gardens he knew would lead to a bench set back a little way from the main path and shaded by tall hedges and rose bushes. A favorite place for secret trysts or so he heard. Darumem didn't know his own intentions but felt it would be a way to judge this woman's character. It had been years since he did anything remotely charming towards a woman, content as he was with his late wife. Now, it is a talent long forgotten from the days of his youth.

PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Not quite sure how to respond Cora smiled and nodded. Darumem had no reason to attempt to impress her. She was just a woman, the daughter of a Minor High Reaches holder. At best she might marry the son of another minor holder. She doubted anyone of a higher rank lower himself by agreeing to wed her. Maybe he hoped she would put in a good word for him with the family, though she saw little reason for them to ask her opinion about one of Telgar's Minor Holders. She felt suddenly unsure and confused and tried to distract herself with the beauty around her.

Cora used the moments of quiet as they walked to settle her thoughts. She decided that Darumem had just wished to assure her that he was not neglecting his own hold in order to visit Telgar. Such a thought had never entered her mind though perhaps that was something holders tended to worry about.

"Thank you." She said dropping her gaze at the compliment. "I would like to be able to help out however I can and maybe make the day to day running of a hold a little easier." She liked the idea of being able to do more than just have children. That would be her most important task of course, but being able to do something else appealed to her helpful nature.

"I am sure my father will appreciate your correspondence." She answered, a happy smile returning to her features. Even if her meeting with Darumem didn't gain her a spouse it would be nice to know her brother would not have the same struggles she did. It had grown more difficult hearing that the of the daughters of nearby holders were soon to wed. All the while knowing that no one was likely to her as a wife. She didn't want to be a burden to her family. Telgar was likely her last chance to find a willing partner.

Cora brightened as he said one of his daughters would attend the next Gather. Getting to talk with someone around her age and from a similar background should be enjoyable. "I look forward to meeting her. I'm sure we will get along quite well. It will be nice to have someone my age to talk with. Not that you haven't been very enjoyable company Lord Darumem." She quickly added, hoping she hadn't offended the man.

Someone more experience may have noticed the subtle changes along the path they were own. Trees and taller, denser bushed replaced the open beds. They provided a shield of privacy for those following the path that wove through them. Coralaese had no knowledge or experience with hidden meeting spots for those wanting to avoid prying eyes. In the hanging bows and bushes she saw only beauty rather than the seclusion they offered. A delighted smile spread across her face as the path opened up to reveal a single bench. Hedges and rose bushed grew up in a protective screen around it. "I see you know of at least one nook my Lord Darumem." her voice was colored with a youthful excitement and she moved forward and took a seat upon the bench. "I am sure this spot is just beautiful when the roses are in bloom. I can almost imagine it." She let her eye close as she pictured the bench surrounded by fragrant roses in every color.

PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

"When the times come I will send for you and introductions can be made. Daresa will like to have a new friend who is more familiar with Telgar than she will be. By then I expect you will know your way around quite well," Darumem knew a shrewd person would wonder if there was double meaning behind his words and at the moment, Darumem would be hard pressed to say if he actually meant any. He still knew nothing about this young woman's character and whether she would be of use to him or of any value. Once he had a chance to research more on who her father really is and his family, then he may find marrying into the family worthwhile, whether it was himself or for his daughters.

"If you like we can sit here on the bench and appreciate the quiet and beauty," Darumem gestured fluidly with his free hand. "I wouldn't say I personally know the spot but I had heard there were such places within the garden."

Once she had seated, Darumem sat down next to her, respectfully keeping a proper distance between them. There was no official contract between them thus he wished to keep things innocent, at least till he decided how best to proceed. As she continued to talk, describing how she imagined what this location would be like when the roses were in full bloom, he focused more upon the flower at his side.

"I doubt I would notice the roses if I return here during that time of the year with the same company I have now," It was a clumsy sounding compliment to his ear but such things was something he had long ago put aside once espoused. He wasn't young when he married, but the natural flow of flirtation had long abandoned him after he took over running his hold. He did remember being nice and complimentary made it easier to lure women for a good time was one thing he recalled. Firm words and the threat of a good beating kept them silent afterwards however. At this point he didn't intend to do anything the girl wasn't willing to do and if she truly was a proper lady, it wouldn't take long to figure it out.

PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

"I will look forward to hearing from you. I only hope I am more familiar with this place better by then. Telgar is far more vast than I am use to." The nearest she had come to Telgar's size was on visits to High Reaches. She had never stayed there for as long enough to truly explore it. Eventually it was likely she would know Telgar far more thoroughly than she did High Reaches before long.

Cora lost herself to her imagination. Adjusting to her new home hadn't been without some difficulty. She missed her home and family and everything that was familiar to her. No one had been unkind to her, but she still felt like an outider most of the time. Something that didn't quite fit in with the natural flow of the place. Darumem's kind attentions were soothing to her persistent ache for her home.

Coralaese blushed at his compliment, pressing a hand against her warmed cheek. "Lord Darumem you are too kind. I know well enough that I would prove lacking in comparison." Her observations were made truthfully without any vaguely hidden prodding to produce further attempts at flattery. She was not use to such compliments and her face reflected the swirl of emotions it had produced. "I do wish to thank you for your kindness and taking time to walk with me." She pulled her gaze away from the ground, giving Darumem a shy yet grateful smile.

PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

"Yes, Telgar Hold is quite large and spread out with a continually growing population. "I am sure you will be more familiar with it in time."

While Coralaese was lost in her own thoughts, Darumem observed her through the corner of his eye. He couldn't deny she was appealing and he did feel the lack of female companionship more and more of late now that he decided he grieved long enough. Duty required he married again and fill a new wife with heirs. Yet despite this young woman's obvious qualities it wasn't her he wanted but the shy girl he ran into the other day. She too had younger brothers who may be of suitable age for his youngest but more importantly was finding whether she had true quality. Darumem couldn't marry a commoner nor would he want to make any child sired upon Kira his heir. He soon hoped to know the truth of her parentage.

Pushing Kira out of his mind and the puzzle she represented to him, he focused once more upon Coralaese and caught the blush upon her cheek at his compliment. "There are some who would be shocked to hear you refer to me as kind. I am a very harsh taskmaster and I will punish any who serve me if they fail to perform to expectation. I have high standards which I personally live by and I expect all who are under me to match them. Fortunately you aren't one of my servants nor my spouse for me to expect hard work and perfection. I am glad my company has been pleasing to you and you enjoy our time together. I must admit I am enjoying your company, Lady Coralaese."

Darumem shifted in his seat so he was more fully facing the young woman and leaned towards her. It brought his face closer to the girl than most would consider appropriate but he wanted to be close enough to smell her fragrance, natural or otherwise. It was more intoxicating to him than the flowers of the garden.

"I am most pleased to have your company Lady Coralaese and it warms me to know you are enjoying my company as well. I must admit however that I am not so used to conversing with young women so I do hope you excuse me for any errors I may perform." As he talked Darumem's continued their graceful movements, his voice low and rumbling as he fixed his blue eyes upon her.

PA - First Post!

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)