World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 04.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [P] 734.06.04 | Reclaimed
7 PM | Khoemi

Date of Birth
02.08.710, 34
Height
6'0
Eyes
Brown
Build
Slim
Hair
Light brown, short

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
As usual, the journey to Telgar was a long one. It was unpleasant and boring to begin with but now he had a wife and daughter to contend with as well. At least his wife served as a bed warmer at every inn they stopped at along the way. The child simply cried when hungry or wanted more attention and that wasn’t something Gabrin was very good at giving and only put in as much effort and energy as was required to suitably convince all the travel companions that he was a wonderful father and his own father wouldn’t have a thing to complain about. Then again, it was likely his father was still grumbling about the way his youngest son was once again wandering off. Gabrin knew, however, that Lord Jaebrin liked having one less son to look after and keep an eye on in case there was a sudden desire to be not only the next in line for the title but at the start of it.

Still, it would be worth it in the end when Telgar was once more in sight and all the fun toys were his once more to play with. One of his favourites came in the form of Khoemi, his now brother-in-law, that liked to pretend he didn’t enjoy himself on the night they shared together. It was always fun to pick on the man with heavy flirting and trying to corner him alone. In fact, Gabrin had returned to Telgar more or less solely for Khoemi and picking up the game of seducing the man. There were a few other reasons but they paled in comparison to the flirting.

Once they arrived, Gabrin gave all the proper greetings and respect to the main branch of the family as he left the servants and his wife to move their belongings back into the rooms that had been his for most of his life. It was almost sad how Telgar felt more like home than High Reaches but such was the way of life for a third son. At least Telgar was fun and had some interesting drama to go with it!

As soon as he could, Gabrin excused himself so he could go run an important message to someone else. His return would have been announced and the rumours would have spread to everyone within the Hold long before his caravan came up the path but Gabrin knew the exact timing still wouldn’t be known and his knock at the door would be a surprise.

Well, if he knocked, that was.

Gabrin let himself into the room that he knew Khoemi spent a lot of his time in and peered around for the man. When he wasn’t spotted in the main room, Gabrin silently moved through it and peeked in through another door. Khoemi was spotted instantly and a smirk played over Gabrin’s lips as he stepped inside, pleased that the annoying wife was nowhere to be seen. “Hey, babe. I’m here to reclaim what’s mine.”

PA - First Post!

Date of Birth
05.09.208, 36
Height
5'9
Eyes
Hazel
Build
Hair
Dark blonde

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Adoptable NPCs
Minor Lord Khoemi
Gabrin’s cat.

’Merooooow!’

The sound of the blasted animal’s yowl echoed through the room and Khoemi turned to give the creature a disdainful look. The hairy, loud smelly animal had been a thorn in his side ever since he’d managed to be rid of the even bigger thorn that was the animal’s actual owner. The man’s nose scrunched up, and he returned his attention to flicking through the large wardrobe in which his best clothes were hanging. If it weren’t for the fact that his wife, Serraquil, had just about burst into tears the one time Khoemi had (not really) joked about kicking Daisy or Sunflower or whatever it was the stupid animal was called to the curb, the blasted mongrel would have been drowned already.

purr’, Khoemi’s nose returned to its scrunched up way as the cat came to twin around his ankles, before dashing out of the room with another yowl. Dismissing the stupid creature with a disgusted look, Khoemi pulled a shirt he favoured from the hanger it was on and tugged it on over his head with precise movements; there was no desire to wrinkle it! He had an important meeting to attend to in about an hour, and he needed to look particularly presentable! A particularly well timed deal was to be made with a merchant, and Khoemi had no desire to be late or mussed up when he met with the other man. If the agreement went to plan, he would be able to buy Serraquil a whole new wardrobe, and hire a nurse to take over looking after the children. Nodding to himself at his reflection, Khoemi was reaching for a brush to tidy his hair back into place, when a particularly unpleasant sight caught his attention.

Khoemi’s shoulders stiffened, followed by his entire posture, as beautiful hazel eyes narrowed into furious slits. “Gabrin.” The single word was spoken with a light, neutral voice that was completely at odds with the furious look on the baby face of Khoemi. “Come to collect your cat?” Taking his furious gaze off the reflection of Gabrin’s face, Khoemi finished the motion of picking up his hair brush and swept his hair back with a few casual sweeps before placing it back on the bench and turning to face the other man. “Serraquil has enjoyed its company, though it seemed less thrilled by the children.” A slightly malicious smirk twisted one corner of Khoemi’s lips. His two year old son had, at one point, decided the cat would look better minus a rather large fistful of hair… then that it would appreciate a bath. Khoerhi had come out with more than a few scratch marks, but Khoemi considered his child’s battle wounds worth it.

The cat had vanished for two months.

PA - First Post!

Date of Birth
02.08.710, 34
Height
6'0
Eyes
Brown
Build
Slim
Hair
Light brown, short

Threads

“Among other things,” Gabrin smirked as he watched the body language of his dear friend – Khoemi would be quick to argue that label – and meandered further into the room. He kept watch of the other man but his gaze still swept around the room as if looking for anything else he had kept with Khoemi for safe keeping in his absence. It was so hard to trust Lords and Ladies and the games they played; some things simply couldn’t be left unguarded. “But my Buttercup is near the top of the list of things I most desire to have back in my possession.”

Gabrin finally turned his full attention onto the large fluff ball of a feline that sat smugly in the centre of the bed. “There’s my girl,” he cooed and sat down beside the cat. Buttercup gave another yowl before slowly inching her way back to the man that had abandoned her for what seemed like forever. As soon as his gentle touch was felt, Buttercup was putty in his hands yet again and flopped onto her side purring. “I missed you, Buttercup. I know Khoemi was a perfect gentleman and saw to your well-being for me.” Gabrin didn’t really care for the woman he married; she was just convenient as both a way to keep his father happy and a way to mess further with Khoemi’s mind. His child was expected of him but he didn’t do much fathering to it. His cat, however, was his baby. He loved the fat thing and knew Khoemi wasn’t fond of her. It was actually why he was chosen to keep an eye on Buttercup while he was back at High Reaches. It would annoy Khoemi and his annoying wife would make sure Buttercup was cared for.

Content that his cat wasn’t about to run off on him and he’d have to track her down throughout the Hold, Gabrin honed in on his next target. “Look at you playing dress up for my return.” He teased the man, knowing it wasn’t for him that Khoemi was doing his best to look respectable for. That only encouraged Gabrin to mess with him a bit more. He brazenly ran his hands from Khoemi’s shoulders down his arms to make it appear like he was helping to straighten the shirt and avoid anything being out of place. “It looks better on the hanger, but we’ll get you out of it soon enough.” A lazy grin appeared and he leaned in close to an ear.

“You’re at the top of my list, Emmy. I claimed you that night and I intend to keep you.”

PA - First Post!

Date of Birth
05.09.208, 36
Height
5'9
Eyes
Hazel
Build
Hair
Dark blonde

Threads

Khoemi’s expression twisted into a sneer at Gabrin’s smirk, the young man’s shoulders once more stiffening in fury. He detested the obnoxious, infuriating bastard of a man that had just made himself comfortable on Khoemi’s bed, as if he had a right to it! Turning his heated glare back onto the mirror, Khoemi missed the change in direction of Gabrin’s attention, and almost jumped when his own gaze realised the man was right behind him.

Khoemi jerked away when Gabrin’s hands ran down his arms, face flushing hotly – in rage! – as he turned rapidly on his heel, glaring up at his fellow lordling, and resisting just barely from throwing a punch in the smug bastard’s face; his fists clenched and relaxed at a rapid pace by his sides. “Go hang yourself,” Khoemi spat, lips twisting into a snarl as he jerked away, stepping back a step to further the distance between himself and the other man. He was quite sure his heart was going to burst from his chest, and his breath was coming in short little puffs through his nose.

“I have a meeting to attend, get your cat and get out of my rooms.”

PA - First Post!

Date of Birth
02.08.710, 34
Height
6'0
Eyes
Brown
Build
Slim
Hair
Light brown, short

Threads

Gabrin grinned at the man’s antics, enjoying every single reaction and comment that came from Khoemi. The man was far too precious in his denial and confusion that clearly stemmed from it. “How abouuuuut,” Gabrin drew out the word as he stepped away as well only to end up flopping back down onto the bed his cat had claimed not too long before him. “No.”

Completely taking over the bed, Gabrin sprawled on his back, his head resting properly on a pillow. He was, however, polite enough not to get his boots on the bed and left his feet hanging over the edge. Nothing good ever came from crumbs, pebbles, or dirt in between the sheets! Made for rather uncomfortable sleep and sex. “Join me, Khoemi. It’s so much quieter in here than it is out there. My return – and that of my charming wife – has caused quite the stir out there.” He didn’t mind; Gabrin loved being the centre of attention but even he could enjoy time away from the crowd, especially with a lover with him.

He wasn’t even looking for much out of Khoemi now. Gabrin only wanted to see what he would do and how much he would put up with now that they were reunited after such a stretch of time apart. “You know I’m far easier to deal with when you give me my way, even if only a little.” Gabrin patted a spot of bed beside him, encouraging Khoemi to at least sit near him.

PA - First Post!

Date of Birth
05.09.208, 36
Height
5'9
Eyes
Hazel
Build
Hair
Dark blonde

Threads

Khoemi’s nose scrunched up in disgust as he watched Gabrin sprawl himself across the bed Khoemi happened to share with his wife. The man’s eyebrows furrowed and he glared angrily at Gabrin, before turning stiffly to the mirror that was located safely against a far wall, and set about fixing his clothing. He could still feel the bastard’s hands and his skin wouldn’t stop crawling from the sensation! Khoemi rolled his shoulders, glaring at Gabrin over his shoulder through the mirror.

“There had been hope you would have grown up by now,” Khoemi sneered, eyes steering away from Gabrin’s reflection to his own, making sure everything was as it should be before turning back to snort disdainfully at the invitation that was offered him. “Dream on, Gabrin. I have better things to do than frolic in your fantasies.” Rolling his eyes, and aiming a half-hearted kick at the cat when it walked too close, Khoemi turned on his heel and made his way with solid steps to the doorway.

“Do make sure you’re gone before my lady gets home.” Straightening his jacket one last time, Khoemi strode out the door and across the foyer room. He didn’t so much as pause or glance over his shoulder as he opened the door and exited his rooms. If Gabrin were so comfortable letting himself in, the bastard could let himself out, too! Khoemi sneered at a drudge who shied away in fear, as he made sure he was well out of sight of his room before the bastard man came out the door.

Son of a wherry fucked whore!

PA - First Post!

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)