World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

On a Knife's Edge [Open]

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Deceased
Flora walked along the rivers edge eating a piece of fruit and sharing some with Cye the little blue that was riding in her pocket. She had to get one the ladies to sew her a bigger pocket on the dress she wore as Cye had gotten bigger yet still he liked to curl up in the pocket and ride along. Flora was begining to worry that he dinna see to like to fly and go between as much as the others. Yet he could be just as adventurous as her  sometimes. 

She guess she shouldn't worry.  She sat down by the edge of the water and  looked about  sliding her feet into the cool water. He legs still bore the faint lines where the claws went into her legs she figured she would always have the reminder but at least it wasn't to bad and they were very light and thin now  with all the medication they gave her to use on them to make the scars more soft and pliable.  She knew that it was what made the scaring so minut and thin.  She was thankful from that.  You wouldn't know she had been wounded  if you didn't know what to look for.

She kicked her feet in the water and softly sung to Cye.  She paused only for a moment  hearing someone approach from behind. "Hello" Flora replied softly " Who's there?" she asked even more timidly not sure who it was.

PA - First Post!

Date of Birth
09.11.726 AL, 18
Height
5'3
Eyes
Blue
Build
Hair
Blonde, waist-length

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Adoptable NPCs
Amorandii -- 7 year old Weyrbrat

Amorandii was many levels of displeased. Despite the earlieness of the morning, it was hot, and muggy, and unpleasant and while the child was still exactly that - a child - she knew enough the seasons and the way weather was supposed to work, to know that the sudden heat wasn't normal. Plus, all the adults were whining about it. That tended to give it away pretty strongly, too. Daddy was the most unhappy Amorandii had seen him in a long time, and that, really, was what had prompted the seven year old to flee her father's company in Dining Hall, and wander the grounds. She was supposed to be going to creche, but that was boring and Amorandii didn't feel like it!

It was too hot to skip, or run around, so Amorandii meandered her way towards the river, expecting strongly with every step she took to be called back by an adult. After all, the river wasn't for little girls! Her summer dress, a pretty one daddy had gotten her for her last birthday, twirled around her knees as she eyed the river from beside one of the last huts. She really, really wanted to go and dip her toes in the nice, cool water! But was it worth daddy getting mad at her? Amorandii chewed on her bottom lip. Uncle Orwind would probably stand up for her! He was the best and he took her swimming but he was busy so he couldn't then and he'd feel bad about that and Amorandii, while too young to realise the implications of her thoughts, smiled cheerfully when she did put together enough pieces to know she'd get away with going to the river, if she sulked at Uncle Orwind.

With that decided, Amorandii was about to head off towards the closest bit of river, when she saw another girl - older than her, but that wasn't very important - heading off not far away to her own patch. Blinking, Amorandii paused for a moment before grinning. Saying hello to the other girl was the best reason ever to go near the river, plus, she was a bigger kid, so she was probably allowed! Grinning in delight, Amorandii somehow found the energy in the warmth of the morning to run across the gap to where the older girl - she realised quickly who it was when she got closer - was sitting.

"Hello Flora!" Amorandii's voice was bright and cheerful as she got to the other girl, stepping into sight and coming to a stop near by, but not so close as to hurt the elder brat's neck by looking up at her. "It's awful hot, isn't it?" Sighing dramatically, Amorandii cleared a spot by the girl with her foot, and then sat down. Daddy wouldn't be happy if she got her dress too dirty. When she was seated, Amorandii began the process of pulling her little sandles off, and then scooted forward eagerly to place her toes, too, in the water with a girlish squeal of delight at the coolness.

I assume they've spent time together in creche and stuff, being weyrbred and so such. :)

PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Flora smiled brightly when she saw that it was Amorandii .  " Hello Amorandii " she said warmly and happily she was getting a bit lonely  since her other friends hadn't visited much since she had gotten hurt  being off all on adventures on their own as she healed but  she hadn't been willing yet to join them on adventures lately. 

" I so couldn't stand it inside the heat is simply  becoming unbearable.  Even Cye was feeling like a wilted flower himself. " The Tiny blue flit  chirped his own musical greeting. He always loved to see new people and flutter around them. He could be  quite a social butterfly given the right people  being around and paying attention to him. 

Flora had to smile at the young blues antics.  She realized she dinna have to worry about him socially at least  but the lack of  willingness to take flight and between like the others did make her wonder if something was wrong with him.

"I'm half tempted to go and get my suit and go swimming, would you like to join me, Amorandii ?"  Flora said softly.  She wasn't worried about anyone being upset cause she went swimming or even  that she ruined a perfectly good dress by sitting down in the dirt.  With her mother being dead from bearing to many children no one really keep a eye on her now that she was becoming older and she got to come and go as she pleased. After all the men just viewed her as a  girl child and not worth the time  since she was still to young yet to of caught anyone's eyes.

PA - First Post!

Date of Birth
09.11.726 AL, 18
Height
5'3
Eyes
Blue
Build
Hair
Blonde, waist-length

Threads

Amorandii - 7 year old Weyrbrat

“It is very hot,” Amorandii replied, frowning seriously as a pout pulled her lips downwards at the corners. The hot weather had gone from enjoyable, to most terrible and Amorandii was not pleased with the way it made her feel, and the requirement for so many baths! Amorandii liked bathing – but she didn’t like feeling as if she were wet and sticky all day and all night which was how she was currently feeling. The little girl heaved another dramatic sigh, before her eyes widened in surprise and she stared at Flora in shock.

“We can’t!” Huge blue eyes stared at the other girl in a dramatic display of dismay. “Daddy would be very displeased!” Hands unfolded so they could be placed upon Amorandii’s childish hips as she frowned down at Flora. “Swimming without a grown-up is dangerous.” The little girl paused for a moment then tilted her chin in a somewhat mightier-than-thou manner. “Even Uncle Orwind says so!”

That certainly cleared up that issue – at least in Amorandii’s mind – but the child did take a moment to consider the other options that were available to herself and her companion. After a moment of thought, however, Amorandii flung a bright grin at Flora. “I’m sure dipping our toes in is just fine though!” It was ever so hot, and if she just sat on the edge, surely no one would have anything bad to say about that! “Come on!” Grinning brightly with her magnificent idea, Amorandii bounced down to the edge or the river and searched out a nice grassy spot to sit on (she didn’t want to get her dress dirty!) before settling, and slipping her little shoes off.

PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Flora frowned as her idea was meet with a resounding no. " I suppose your right , we wouldn't want to get you in trouble with your dad or uncle.  That would not be very pleasant. And I can't think of any available adults to watch us either. "

Flora smiled as Iris  curled up next to her and she reached down to pet the pup despite the unbearable heat the puppy still liked to snuggle up nearby Flora if not right on top of her. "Have you meet Iris yet?" Flora asked she didn't believe she had yet interduced her to the pup that had been laying in the shade.

" I don't see why anyone would mind either of us dipping our feet" Flora said softy and nodded about that idea that  Amorandii  had.

PA - First Post!

Date of Birth
09.11.726 AL, 18
Height
5'3
Eyes
Blue
Build
Hair
Blonde, waist-length

Threads

Amorandii – 7 year old Weyrbrat

“Exactly!” the little girl said very seriously, nodding her head in an exadurated manner as she wriggled her now bare toes in the cool water, a delighted smile curling her lips upwards and displaying an assortment of gaps and half grown adult teeth. Lifting one hand, Amorandii brushed sweat dampened hair off her face impatiently before leaning over the water and dipping both hands in. The child then proceeded to splace the water onto her face. It was so pleasant!

“Daddy says dogs are an improper companion for ladies,” Amorandii informed Flora when the other girl asked if she’d met the pet, the younger child frowning slightly as she turned blue eyes on the puppy. Of course, daddy didn’t think most creatures were fit companions for little ladies. Dragons certainly weren’t, and he kept insisting she was much too young for firelizards, even though other brats had them, and that animals like dogs and cats and whers were a waste of space and time and ate food that was better given elsewhere.

Amorandii frowned at the puppy. It didn’t look like a terrible thing. It looked really cute and fluffy! But… Why did Flora have a puppy? Amorandii lifted her blue eyed gaze to meet the other girl’s. “Where did you get it?” A pause. “Where do you keep it?” Surely it wasn’t allowed in Flora’s room! That would be simply scandalous!

PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

"Well  Iris and cye are all i have. I don't have a mom or father. My mother died giving birth to my youngest half brother and my dad was a rider but i have no idea who cause it was a flight looser so mother never really was with him at all. I don't even know what kindof dragon he rode she didn't tell me and she can't tell me now that i'm older like she promised.  " Flora sighed softly.

" I guess your father wouldn't not think that i'm a proper lady then, But its ok i don't mind i never want to be a proper Lady i don't want to die when i have lots of  babies.  I don't wanna have any babies. " Flora said with a far away look in her eyes as she remembered her mother and gave a shutter to which  Iris whined softly and  leaned up to lick her face and sooth her painfilled look.  Cye chirpped softly and landed on her shoulder and rubbed against her cheek. He dinna like when his Flora was saddened.

Flora brightened up and acted as if nothing had happened as she quickly put on the mask of cheerfulness.  "But anyway,  we can just sit here and stay cool in the water. I don't have any chores right now . Maybe if it cools down a little  we can go hunt for some wildflowers"

PA - First Post!

Date of Birth
09.11.726 AL, 18
Height
5'3
Eyes
Blue
Build
Hair
Blonde, waist-length

Threads

Amorandii’s eyes widened as she peered up at Flora in surprise. She’d known the other girl for a while, of course, but Amorandii was still only a very young child; it had never really occurred to her that Flora didn’t actually have parents – she had just assumed that perhaps her mummy wasn’t interested in raising her, like Amorandii’s own mummy wasn’t around very often. Her daddy took care of her, and when he wasn’t there, she was in the crèche. It never occurred to her that some kids might never get out of the crèche to stay with parents because they didn’t actually have parents.

The little girl’s mind was blown as she stared wordlessly at Flora.

And then, horror. Amorandii’s mouth fell open, her eyes widening even further as she gawked at Flora in absolute scandal. “But! Flora!” her voice was full of her horror as Amorandii fought to find the right words, or any words at all. “You’re a girl!” Even if she didn’t want to raise her babies – which daddy said was allowed, but he still frowned on it, especially if the girl didn’t have a good reason – it was Flora’s responsibility as a girl to have a baby! That’s what girls were for! What was the point in being a girl, if she was not going to do girly things, like have babies?

“Daddy says it’s very unlucky when girls die,” Amorandii said very seriously, “But Talian is the best healer ever and he would never let anything bad like that happen to us!” With the unwavering faith of a child in someone she idolised, Amorandii was incapable of processing the fact that there were some aspects of healing that even Talian was incapable of besting, and that not all lives could be saved. She lifted her chin proudly, and grinned reassuringly at Flora. “He’s even training me to be a healer!” Well, he was trying. Amorandii was a far cry from a natural at the healing craft.

PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Flora frowned softly but let it drop  about the baby issues she felt were a good part of why she didn't want to have one. It was really fear cause she liked babies she didn't  but the though of having one herself someday terrified her and she didn't know the healer as well as Amorandii clearly did.  Flora after all hadn't meant to scare the younger girl. 

Flora petted  Iris absentmindely and  let cye curl around her neck soothing her as only the blue knew how to do. He didn't like for his person to fret so.

Flora kicked her legs back and forth in the water watching it glide around her bare feet. "I guess your lucky to have a healer that  wishes you to be well and alive. "  she did make a note in her mind about the name of the healer Talian why did that name sound so familar as if she heard of him somewhere before. Maybe a discussion among the nans that she overheard.

PA - First Post!

Date of Birth
09.11.726 AL, 18
Height
5'3
Eyes
Blue
Build
Hair
Blonde, waist-length

Threads

Amorandii gave Flora a disgruntled expression, the child looking as arrogant and uptight as possible with a very unladylike snort of disdain. “All healers wish people to be well and alive,” she input tartly, tossing her long hair and sticking her nose in the air. What kind of silly statement was that? “That’s why they are healers!” Her tone carried a strong tone of ‘duh’ to it as she eyed Flora sideways with a mightier-than-thou expression in her large blue eyes.

It did not last long; like any little girl, Amorandii was quickly distracted, this time by the water swirling around her toes – and the strikingly familiar green dragon that glided overhead. Oh dear! Slightly worried blue eyes watched the underside of Larrikith’s belly as she flew by, Amorandii leaning backwards to keep watching the creature. “I had better go,” her tone was slightly anxious, her arrogance and disdain for the previous conversation long forgotten as she scuttled backwards (getting dirt on her pretty clothes) and flicked her feet before shoving them back into her little sandals.

“I’ll see you later!” Smiling happily, expression warm and bright, Amorandii leaned down a little to wiggle her fingers in front of the puppy’s nose, before giggling and turning away with a breathless gasp. She had to get back to the crèche before daddy went to pick her up and found her not there! She’d be scolded, of course, but Amorandii was remarkably unworried about that; she’d bat her long lashes and twirl her skirts and pout and daddy would forgive her! He always did.

PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Flora was taken  by urprise by Amorandii's next word.  She did suppose that the healers meant well and good she dinna mean to imply that they dinna do what they  swore to and that was healing  others.  She just couldn't bring herself to forgive them yet for not healing her mother and  her mother dying.  But that had nothing to do with  Amorandii's healer freind she didn't believe that he was the one that treated her mother that terrible day. 

She looked up at the sky when Amorandii did and noticed the green in the sky.  She heard her say that she should be getting back.  " Oh  OK Amorandii, it was nice talking to you. " Flora said politely.  She too never  keep a unkind word or emotion to long even if she was hurt she tended to let it  just roll off her like water from a oiled dragons back.

Flora wiggled her toes in the water and watch Amorandii  put her hand in front of Iris and watched Iris lick it before the girl ran off. " Bye Amorandii talk to you sometime later. "  He gaze shifted above the water.  She always wondered what was beneath the surface of all things like the reflection of the water.  People were the same in some ways they had a mirror image they showed everyone else but there was other things buried beneath the surface.

PA - First Post!

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)