World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

Soap Opera [Tavynia]

R'vi
of Blue Vydoriath

Date of Birth
28.05.712, 32
Height
5'9
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Brown, shaggy

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
Ryvian still couldn’t believe he had never caught on to the fact that doing laundry for the Weyr was an actual chore that existed. His mother had always washed the family’s clothes both out of habit from their time in exile where she did it for Nyvian and him and then again to spoil their father when he was reunited with them. When both of his parents passed away, Nyvian always stepped up to take care of their clothing and Ryvian felt bad for never offering to help him. Apparently he shouldn’t have considering his clever brother likely simply dropped the clothes off to be washed and then brought them back to have Ryvian hang them up on their little clothing line. Why he had never shared that little tidbit of information was currently a mystery but Ryvian planned on finding his dear brother at some point to ask.

For now, however, Ryvian focused on the actual task of gathering up all of the clothes he had kicked into a pile earlier. He supposed a bag would be more useful but he was lacking in one that would suit the purpose since he didn’t want to use the knapsack he had and didn’t think it would be big enough anyway. Instead, Ryvian held the bundle of clothes tightly, cursing each time a sock fell or a shirt tried to escape as he made his trek from hut to, well, he didn’t know where. He assumed it’d be in the general area of the Halls. If nothing else, he’d ask someone at the Weyrfolk Hall.

After twenty minutes of searching and Tryst doing his best to assist in the hunt, Ryvian finally came across the room that housed the laundry facilities – in the bathing house. He nearly laughed and sighed in relief! The clothes were starting to get heavy with the way he had to tightly hold the bundle to keep anything else from trying to escape on him.

As he drew closer to the open door, Ryvian heard some laughter and some complaining but both were common in any chore and he could both sympathise with the complainer since he didn’t always like what he had to help with yet he wanted to join in the fun the others were having. “Hello?” Ryvian peeked his head into the room and looked around for someone in charge or at least for a smile. He had no idea what he was supposed to say or do. “I’m looking to drop off some clothes. Is that all right?”

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By:
(Tavynia) -- 18 year old weyrbat

“No it most certainly is not,” Tavynia snapped in reply to the question she was starting to hate. Why did people think it was okay to drop off their smelly clothes for someone else to wash? Of course she did it regularly as well but that was different! She wasn’t meant to be touching someone’s dirty underwear and shirts that she was certain hadn’t started out that colour. Her hands were made for holding, not folding. She wouldn’t be there if she had a choice and she was still mad that her father had actually held his ground and followed through on the punishment. Her daddy loved her and was supposed to continue pampering her! Why was he being so mean?

Tavynia was close to throwing the shirt she was dunking roughly into the bucket between her legs at the man that assumed she would do his bidding simply because he currently thought himself better than her thanks to the stupid chore she was stuck in but froze. It was one of the twins! They were always so much fun to spend time with when they were a bit younger though it was harder to grab their attention once the dragonriders started spending time with them and the rotating lovers appeared. She had a crush on one, or both of them since forever and now seemed like a good opening to make sure this one remembered her.

“I mean, sure. You can drop them off but there’s a bit of a wait.” Tavynia dropped the shirt into the bucket, forgotten, and got to her feet. Her hands instantly clasped at each other behind her back and she swayed a little to play up her cutesy appearance since she’d discovered some time ago that most men loved the innocence routine – in public at least. “You’re welcome to stay and wait, if you like. I wouldn’t mind the company.” An evil glare was shot to the cluster of three women that were older than her and just not any fun. Tavynia much preferred the idea of spending time with someone more her age and utterly gorgeous.

PA - 250 Posts!!PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

R'vi
of Blue Vydoriath

Date of Birth
28.05.712, 32
Height
5'9
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Brown, shaggy

Threads

Ryvian frowned when he was told he couldn’t leave his clothing and thought perhaps he had the wrong room after all. He was close to leaving when the same voice that denied him took on a lighter tone and seemed more accommodating. He was so confused but in the end decided he was in the right place after all and properly entered the room. He wasn’t sure where he was supposed to put his clothes to keep them from getting mixed up with someone else’s and he didn’t want to upset anyone by accidentally pushing his pile to the front of the line since there seemed to be a long wait that day. So he found a spot by the wall and unceremoniously dumped his clothes on the floor and gave it a few kicks to gather up the stragglers.

“Thanks! I’ve learned I’m not that good at laundry and was told today that someone would be able to help me in that.” Ryvian didn’t exactly want to be shown how to do laundry, at least not that day since he had plans for lunch with Indivara and a bath before then. Speaking of that, Ryvian suddenly realized he was still only in his swimming shorts and he didn’t have anything else to change into after his bath. Indivara would just have to deal with him showing up to a meal a bit underdressed! Maybe it would encourage her to strip down to match him or show her she had to monitor his bath time to ensure he dressed properly afterwards. Both ideas seemed like fun!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By:

“And who is this helpful person?” Tavynia wasn’t thrilled at having more clothes to help wash but she did think the mystery person deserved a note of gratitude for bringing a twin to her so perfectly. It wasn’t like either of them was hard to track down but they were both popular and one of them had Impressed recently so he was busy with his adorable bronze dragon. He’d be such a good match for the gold dragon she was certain to Impress soon. Wait, this twin didn’t seem like he had a dragon in tow and seemed a bit too dishevelled to be N’vian. So she had Ryvian before her. She could work with that!

In fact, it was probably better. Ryvian was still looking a bit pathetic and upset that he hadn’t Impressed when his brother had which meant he would be in some sort of crazy rebound thing. He had always been easy but Tavynia heard lately he was even more so but at the same time a bit clingier, like he was missing something – or someone – in his life. He was the perfect target for her! He was wild, fun, hot, and held the potential to Impress bronze like his brother. He met all the criteria for a playmate that could turn into her Weyrleader mate.

“I wouldn’t mind showing you how to use your hands for such delicate tasks,” Tavynia bit her lower lip as she moved forward a few steps to not only try to corner Ryvian so he’d stay with her a little longer but also to block out the old hags working with her. She didn’t want to see their judging looks any more than she wanted them to be able to see or hear what was going on which was why her voice lowered in volume. “Some things need to be worked in just the right way with the right touch.” She knew her flirting wasn’t as smooth as some of the blueriders running around but she was trying and Tavynia was confident her words were still seductive. Just in case, though, a flick to her hair, tossing it over a shoulder was given as well.

R'vi
of Blue Vydoriath

Date of Birth
28.05.712, 32
Height
5'9
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Brown, shaggy

Threads

“Indivara brought it to my attention. I seemed to have been living in a little delusional bubble up to about an hour ago,” Ryvian laughed at how naïve he had been and over the way he had secretly slipped up to their swimming area to try washing his clothes so no one would see him failing at the task. It wasn’t like he had done it all that much since Nyvian Impressed anyway. There had been a lot of moping in bed and rewearing of clothes that didn’t look or smell too bad but that had to change. Indivara could only put up with so much and to still have her coming around to check on him showed how much she cared and was concerned. He couldn’t toss that away because he didn’t want to wash his pants. Thankfully, now he didn’t have to! He could have clean clothes and free time again. The day really was looking up!

“And thanks, Tavvy, but I’m pretty sure I’m a lost cause when it comes to this task. I have plans already for today but I’ll hang out with you soon.” He didn’t want to promise he’d spend time with her when he came back for his clothes since he didn’t know if he’d be able to get Indivara to flake on the rest of her tasks for the day and be lazy with him. He also didn’t know what Tavynia’s schedule in the laundry room was. It was actually surprising to find her there to begin with, now that he thought about it. She always seemed like she would fit right in with some of the Northern girls that came from Holds with the way her nose went up in the air at manual labour and getting dirty. He remembered how Indivara wasn’t afraid to get down and rough with the boys when they were kids but Tavynia always did her best to avoid such things.

Although he had heard she liked getting down and dirty with the boys now. The perfect little daddy’s girl seemed to have an attraction to the bad boys and Ryvian remembered he had seen her trying for D’hys’ attention in the past though he wasn’t sure if the bluerider took her for a ride or not. Likely not since Tavynia probably wouldn’t have been able to handle him. Ryvian still felt like he couldn’t always handle D’hys!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By:

Indivara? Of course she had. That girl seemed attached to Ryvian’s hip, especially since the Hatching. It was actually kind of funny that it was Indivara that brought the twin to her so beautifully. They had never really gotten along thanks to very different personalities and interests and Indivara would probably scowl – more so than her usual expression – at finding out she had given Ryvian to Tavynia. She would definitely have to thank the mouthy brat later on once she had Ryvian firmly wrapped around her finger. Indivara didn’t deserve such a rare treasure like Ryvian and it was clear she didn’t treat him as he deserved either.

Tavynia gave a pretty little pout when Ryvian said he didn’t want to stay with her but she turned it into a pretty little smile when he gave the vague promise of spending time together soon. “I’ll hold you to it… Ryvian.” That’s how confident she was in her decision about which twin was before her. She actually couldn’t tell the boys apart and had fallen into the habit of calling them both Vian like most everyone else. But after the Impression, Tavynia knew it was rude not to use the honorific N’vian now sported and it would be a slap to face to call Ryvian by his brother’s new name. At least now there was a dragon to help keep things straight and Tavynia had caught on to the fact that N’vian had a green firelizard and Ryvian had the curious blue one that was currently poking his nose around her wash bucket.

“I promise I’ll take extra special care of your clothing,” oh she would, in that she’d pass it off to one of the hags to do. She didn’t care about doing a perfect job on the pile she currently had but she didn’t want to mess up on Ryvian’s when she was trying to win his full attention. It was already a bit annoying that he wasn’t all over her but he was a pretty mellow guy and that laidback attitude probably kept him from jumping someone new right off the bat. That was okay; she’d get him later on.

R'vi
of Blue Vydoriath

Date of Birth
28.05.712, 32
Height
5'9
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Brown, shaggy

Threads

Tavynia’s attempt to grab his attention with his name worked. Ryvian stared, a bit wide-eyed at her for a moment until he recovered and smiled. Not many people could tell the twins apart and while he was used to Indivara and D’hys being able to, whenever anyone else managed it, it always threw him off. There was a point in his young life that he was more used to answering to Vian than his actual name. He didn’t mind, but it was always nice when someone knew who he was. Then again, with one of the twins Impressing, it made it easier to keep them straight. Ryvian had a couple of other ideas in mind to help with that as well that he’d work on soon enough.

“You don’t have to put in any special care for me. It’s not like I wear them all that much,” a fact Ryvian knew Tavynia had already picked up on with the way her gaze kept travelling over his body. It wasn’t like he minded. If he did, he wouldn’t walk around without a shirt on a normal day and certainly wouldn’t be in only shorts right then. Ryvian was an admirer of the human body – well, most bodies. Some people definitely earned the right to stay covered up! But he liked the way both men and women looked and felt if they had a rockin’ bod, then it should be shared with the world. Besides, clothing got in the way of a lot of fun activities and if he wore them more regularly since the horrible Hatching, he’d have to wash them far more regularly and that was an extremely unappealing thought!

“I have to head down the hall for a bath and then I’m off for lunch and whatever else the day holds for me, but I’ll see you later, Tavvy!” Ryvian swiftly moved forward and placed a kiss on the girl’s cheek, like he would with any of his female friends when he was in a playful mood or wanted to emphasize his gratitude. He wasn’t as close to Tavynia as he was with Indivara or some of the other girls near his age but if it felt right, Ryvian did it. “You’re such a lifesaver with this, seriously. Thanks again!” She really was, too! Indivara would probably kill him soon for his lack of cleanliness so having someone tend his clothes would help keep him alive to see his approaching birthday. Now he just had to take care of the bath and get back into the habit of doing that daily.

It was time to get on that task! Ryvian called for Tryst who popped out from behind a sack of soap to fly after the retreating twin. Ryvian stopped long enough to wave farewell at all of the women in the room that had been oddly quiet while he was there but he figured he had interrupted a story that wasn’t meant for his ears and they’d pick it back up again in a moment. He vaguely wondered who they were gossiping about but it didn’t really concern him and he vanished out of the room, heading for an open tub.

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)