World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 04.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

Things Have Changed [S'cer]

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Deceased
So many things had been happening lately that Arddra felt her head spinning. The excitement of spending time with V'riy and Morith was eclipsed by her unexpected encounter with the dragonrider who forced himself upon her. But she pushed forward knowing her only real purpose now was to start letting go of her anger and hurt at being kidnapped and focus on the one good thing that could happen to her, Impress a Gold. It would make all the suffering she endured worth it.

Then she remembered Isscer, or rather S'cer now since he did Impress a green the year before. Thinking back Arddra realized it was more like 7 or 8 months ago now. Did he feel the same resentment she did at being kidnapped or had he moved on?

With him taking Weyrling lessons she had not seen much of him since his Impression. Did he still want to go back north?  S'kef's revelation on top of V'riy's made her think she should talk to S'cer. It was then she realized she was starting to take sides and before she was mostly focused on doing what was expected of her. Which was expected of her now?  Arddra didn't know but either way she did want to talk with S'cer, it would be nice to talk to somebody who better understood her own feelings regarding being kidnapped.

Not knowing where to find S'cer at this point, Arddra decided to just look for him during mealtimes. Eventually he was likely to come eat right?

Today she did spot him and headed right towards S'cer. "Hello S'cer, how have you been? It has been a long time."

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Archived
Weyrlinghood seemed to be a state of continual exhaustion. Bathing and oiling now dominated S'cer's chores, as Quelseth seemed to be hitting a bit of a growth spurt and was constantly complaining about itchy hide. How the Weyr kept everyone in oil, well, S'cer didn't presume to know--between dragonets and the huge size of the adults, it was surely some kind of miracle.

With one hand folded in his lap and the other wrapped around an eating utensil, S'cer was, for all intents and purposes, shoveling food into his mouth. He could feel Quelseth stirring, her presence in his mind butting up against his own as she shifted in her sleep. He let out the breath he had been holding when she resumed her post-feeding nap, the knowledge that it would only be a matter of time until he was expected back making the weyrling eye the nearest batch of bubbly pies with a frank expression. Perhaps he could steal a few? But then Quelseth would want a bit of one, and no matter what he told her, she tended to pout over being denied. I guess that won't be happening.

Arddra was met with a confused look for a brief moment, followed by S'cer taking a sip of klah to wash down his mouthful of bread. He flushed red, embarrassed to be caught in a less-than-polite situation, and forced a smile "Arddra, what a surprise." A surprise indeed, he thought to himself, but instead added, "Oh, I'm doing fine. Quelseth keeps me so busy I barely have time to think." Or eat, as the case may be.

"And yourself? Still hoping for a dragon of your very own?" It was meant to be a joke, but it fell flat due to S'cer's tone--dry and just the slightest hint of sarcasm. He was glad for his little green, but that didn't automatically negate the fact that the dragon riders had stolen him away, or make him feel any better about it. It was still there, a wound he would always bear, but Quelseth made it a little more bearable with every day she was in his life. "They aren't so bad--the dragons, that is. Their riders are a bit of a mixed bag."

PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Taking a seat at his table, with her own tray of food she smiled. It was clear S'cer had been rushing to eat so she hoped he had a little time left for them to talk.

"Congratulations on Impressing," Arddra told him. "I am not surprised Quelseth is keeping you very busy."

Her arm were still sore from helping V'ryn bathe Morith. "You Impressed a green if I recall from the hatching. Better get used to bathing as she will get bigger still."

"I am doing alright, being here is getting easier now. I will always miss home however even if I am starting to understand why we were kidnapped. It still doesn't make it right, they should have searched openly like it was done before the dragon plague. I really do want to Impress, being around dragons more has caused me to truly appreciate the value of being bond to a dragon. To have somebody who is always there for you, to never feel alone anymore."

"Some riders are down right criminal and they don't even care if they are. Fortunately there are some who aren't and I am glad others like us are here. Right now I just hope new leadership comes into play and once it's safe for the dragons to go north, we can all go back home. Those of us who want to anyway."

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

S'cer slowed down his breakneck pace, taking a bite of a meat roll every now and again and chewing thoughtfully. Apparently he was now supposed to be more sociable now that he was a dragonrider-in-training; he had never been particularly friendly as a Crafter, so he wasn't exactly expecting the conversation to be anything but stilted. "I don't think she'll be very large; she's sick quite often and generally fragile."

He lapsed back into comfortable silence, letting Arddra do the talking, as he steadily worked his way through his meat roll. Old habits died hard, and he couldn't hide the surprised look he shot her midway through her spiel. Talk about over-sharing! It was no secret that he had--was still--vehemently anti-Tsuen and her policies, but if there was one thing S'cer had learned since being at Katila, it was that sometimes it was better to keep your mouth shut.

"I never wanted to Impress, but I didn't have a choice. Quelseth needed me." S'cer was probably the most unwilling dragonrider to ever grace Katila--well, no, that was T'lian--but he couldn't have escaped Impression even if he had wanted to. It did not occur to him that perhaps he had needed Quelseth at that moment as much as she had needed him; a certain degree of selective memory and pride prevented him from realizing that.

"But being a dragonrider isn't all romantic 'my dragon and I' bonding; goldriders especially aren't all they're cracked up to be." Women were often more romantic, so it would make sense that Arddra would have eventually have become more accepting of dragonriders, but that didn't mean S'cer had to endorse her view at all.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

"I am sorry to hear she's sick often, hopefully as she grows older she will be more resilient and less fragile. I doubt there could have been anybody better than you to take good care of her. If you ever need help I am willing to help in any way I can." Arddra wasn't sure what she could do to help, she knew a little beastcraft from her father but nothing more than basic first aid for animals. If the more experienced dragon healers here couldn't help Quelseth she certainly couldn't.

As she talked about her feelings regarding being here she could see the surprise on S'cer's face. Did she say anything he found shocking? Arddra didn't think so or was he surprised she was still willing to voice her malcontent? Was she wise in doing so? Arddra often remained silent and timid  around dragonriders she didn't know or trust which really was most of them at this point. Yet she didn't think she had to be like that around somebody she was a candidate with for several turns now before he Impressed.

"Yes, she did and maybe you needed her too." Arddra reassured him. Will there be a gold dragon hatching soon who will need her too? Did she truly need one? Arddra didn't know but what else was she to do? Now that she was kidnapped and stuck in the South she was expected to be a goldrider and she will now do everything in her power to become one. If she couldn't succeed of what use would she be?

"Oh I do understand being a dragonrider isn't all romantic, in fact it is more work than what I did back home." After spending a day helping V'riy clean Morith she felt more tired than she ever did taking care of her home and her spouse. "I am not sure what you mean by 'goldriders aren't all they're cracked up to be'." Arddra wasn't sure what sort of dragonrider S'cer thought goldriders were suppose to be or his guess on her own view of what a goldrider was. She knew she would never be like Tsuen.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

It wasn't that he didn't like Arddra; as far as people went, she was tolerable. It was just that S'cer--perhaps due to lack of practice--found himself tuning out. He turned his attention back to his meal, working methodically through his plate, and occasionally made noises where he thought it was appropriate.

The thing with opinions was that once they were formed, they were hard to change. S'cer knew that about as well as anybody, having quite a few of them himself--it had taken Quelseth to change his mind even a little, and even now he still had his doubts. At the mention of goldriders, S'cer laughed, a wry smile tugging at the corners of his lips.

"If you haven't figured out by now that the goldriders are little more than glorified baby-makers, then you must be more awed by the dragonriders than I thought," S'cer pointed out, a bit crossly. This was the problem with dragonriders; the non-chromatics were supposed to have power, but in the case of golds it was all an elaborately maintained act. Bronzes held the real power, and if Arddra couldn't see that then S'cer wasn't quite sure she was ready to Impress a gold at all.

He glanced down at his plate to find it empty, and took that as a sign that he was done being polite. "I wish you all the best," S'cer said, but it was little more than a formality. "Quelseth is stirring, and if I don't get the itchy patch she's complaining about, I'll never hear the end of it." It was a blatant lie--Quelseth was the least likely to ever be imperious about anything--but it was a good excuse. He gathered up his dishes and went to deposit them with the rest of the dirty, then beat a hasty retreat for the Weyrling Barracks.

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)