World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 04.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [C] 734.01.01 | Transitions [M'din]

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Deceased
After all the excitement of Hatching, Peorray expected that Wydrith was ready for some quiet time. The dragonet crowded against her legs as they walked the path toward the weyrling barracks, peering about alertly. Perhaps over-alertly, but definitely more settled than she'd been before. Peorray was relieved to see it.

Or maybe that was just relieved to see her dragon at all. She didn't think she'd ever get tired of seeing the pale gold move. Oh, she felt the dragon in her thoughts too, of course, but Peorray had always preferred the evidence of her more physical senses. Seeing the delicate (and wasn't that an irony?) dragon prance along, feeling her soft hide- those were just as reassuring to the new weyrling as the Impression bond itself.

Wydrith wasn't sure about this new place, but given that Peorray seemed so eager to go there, she was willing to give it a chance. She'd been assured that there would be fewer people there, which was a plus. But the other hatchlings would be there too, and the gold couldn't decide how she felt about that. She liked the idea of having company around, but some of them could be rather rough, from what she'd seen. And that she definitely didn't like.

But the place seemed to mean more to her rider than a place to stay. Only weyrlings stayed there and Peorray was proud to be one, proud to be her rider. Wydrith couldn't help giving a pleased croon at the reminder. Otherwise, woman and dragon walked along in companionable silence, wrapped up in their thoughts and each other.

Sorry this took so long to get up. They fought me until I let Wydrith take over halfway. She's going to be a little terror, I can tell already :)
edited: Fixed the lalbelling in the title. Please use this format, thank you.

PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Archived
Bustling away from the crowded Sands and Gather Square, M'din called out to Armath, Do you see them? His brown eyes scanned the sea of people but, even as the Hatching wound down, the Assistant Weyrlingmaster couldn't find Peorray and her newly bonded dragonet.

Yes! By the Weyrling Barracks! Armath enthusiastically replied. The typically laid-back brown was both anxious and thrilled to meet the young gold, and dropped from his place in the skies to crawl beside M'din. What if I scare her? What if... she doesn't like me? he rumbled unhappily.

M'din stopped short, papers full of hastily scrawled notes fluttering out of his hands. He couldn't recall a time in his recent memory that Armath had ever worried about the opinion of another dragon, much less reeling in his personality to be more likable. Recollecting his thoughts and papers, M'din murmured, "It's okay buddy. You're a good guy, and I'm sure she'll see that too." The small brown mumbled disbelievingly, but continued his crawl toward the Barracks without further comment.

When they finally spotted Peorray with a shining white Hatchling at her side, Armath audibly gulped. M'din, meanwhile, had no such reservations. He rushed forward, abandoning his papers and quills in the dusty path to replace them with Peorray in his arms. Kissing her once on the lips and forehead, he wheezed, "Happy birthday; I'm so proud of you!" and squeezed her tighter. "Congratulations!"

Armath pancaked himself to the ground, snout a few paces away from the baby gold, and hummed, Hello, my name is Armath. I saw you hatch. You- you did a great job. Even as he smiled at Peorray, M'din could feel the roiling waves of apprehension emanating from his bonded; the brown was torturing himself with questions about the blonde dragonet, fearful of insulting or frightening her beyond alleviation. Am I talking down to her? Am I too overbearing? Am I too loud? Does she want to be alone?

With a final kiss to Peorray's cheek, M'din released her from his bear-hug and dropped to his knees to face the tiny gold. He reached out a large hand for her inspection, and softly said, "And happy birthday to you, too. It's so nice to meet you."

Wydrith is so freaking adorable. /dies

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Deceased
Peorray returned M'din's embrace without hesitation, thrilled to see the man. And Armath, of course. She couldn't wait to introduce them to Wydrith! The mention of her birthday threw her for a few moments, until she realized her weyrmate was right. In all the excitement of last night and this morning, she'd completely forgotten. She grinned a little wider at the thought that she and her dragon shared the same birthday.

Wydrith flinched a bit at the mention of her Hatching, a memory which seesawed for her between horror at all the watchers and elation at finding Peorray at last. Still, the brown seemed nice enough, had even complimented her. She wanted to be friendly, to dart forward and lick his cheek as Xyreith had done to her, but the gold hesitated. Was it allowed?

"Yes." Peorray told her dragon firmly. M'din could be counted on to be fairly tolerant in general, and if Armath could handle her son, he could take just about anything. His current behavior was was a bit odd, actually. She'd been expecting him to saunter onto the scene with that ever-present attitude and sense of humor she adored. Was there something wrong?

When M'din dropped to greet Wydrith, she crossed over to give the brown's shoulder an affectionate caress as she half-turned to keep the others in sight. "You guys probably remember more about the Hatching than we do, but we're glad you were there."

Between her rider's gesture and the clear affection in Peorray's mind for the pair, Wydrith felt safe in stepping forward to nuzzle M'din's hand -and then, more shyly and briefly, Armath's muzzle- in greeting. Peorray needed her to accept these two and so she could bring herself to be brave and trust them also, until she learned enough about them to like them for themselves.

Thank you. She told man and dragon, relieved to find such nice people after the earlier scare with the big gold. The little gold lay down beside M'din in a mirror of Armath's pose, tentatively nosing his hand as she projected a worldless sensation implying that a scratch behind her headknobs would feel good. I'm Wydrith. Peorray thinks you are fun and know a lot of games. Would you play them with me too? She looked hopefully from the brown to M'din and back.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Archived
Armath visibly exhaled, the closest approximation to a draconic sigh that his lungs could manage, as Peorray placed a hand on his side. Her touch snapped his attention back from the mental battle he was currently waging against his insecurities, debating whether or not he'd already irreparably offended little Wydrith with his feeble attempt at a greeting. The goldrider's familiar touch comforted him enough to offer a steady reply, tail idly flicking behind him, We wouldn't have missed it for all of Katila.

As Wydrith returned M'din's affection with a light nuzzle against his hand, the brownrider nodded at his bonded with a smile, wide and dazed. Truly, the little Hatchling must be the sweetest creature on Pern. "Soren is going to love you, Wydrith," he murmured, gently scratching her head knobs with a thick thumb. The moment the gold's snout brushed against Armath's, the brown completely devolved into a joyful blob of awe, eyes whirling bright blues and greens as a hum rumbled from his chest.

Guh- games, yes! I love games. And riddles too.

Calm down, buddy, M'din privately said. She already likes you, and you're turning all mushy and weird. Wydrith is a gold but she's just a baby still, so relax and take it easy.

Armath gave a strained mental grunt before agreeing, Easy, yeah. Really easy. I'm totally easy.

"Well we think Peorray and you are fun too," M'din grinned, half from the darling dragon at his feet and half at the bumbling brown beside him. He rose to face his weyrmate- how foreign that term seemed after all these turns without one, but how delightfully appropriate for his budding relationship with the gorgeous brunette- and said, "I think Armath is just excited to meet Wydrith." He added in hushed whisper, lips brushing Peorray's ear, "I'll tell you later."

It would be an honor to play at riddles with you, Wydrith, Armath answered solemnly. He opened one of his chocolate wings, casting a cool shadow over the group, and wordlessly offered his companions a respite from the glaring sun. The summer heat never bothered him personally, but Wydrith's delicate, pale hide needed all the shade it could find to protect it from cracking. I have one for you: give me food and I will live; give me water and I will die. What am I? 

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)