World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

Checking In [T'ken]

Casa
of Gold Thallyath

Date of Birth
16.11.720 AL, 24
Height
5'3
Eyes
Green
Build
Slim, petite
Hair
Blonde, shoulder length

Threads

Written By: ThistleProse
Casa hadn't had a chance to track down the owner of the canine whom she had helped during the Hatching two weeks past. She knew he had Impressed, and that he still had the canine, so she was willing to bet he was very much busy between the two. However, she'd love the chance to get to know them more. And she was willing to get if she asked nicely enough, he might let her help more with the canines, or maybe even meet his dragon.

So she had taken her time to find a good time that would work with them. Her message to meet up with him and see how he was doing was eventually returned, asking her to meet them at the Gather Square. That was an easy enough thing to do, and she trotted down that way after finishing up breakfast rush chores and tucking some food away for herself later. She realized she should probably be fat with the amount she ate, and grinned in appreciation at her metabolism. Thank goodness for that.

Once she arrived, it looked like she might have beaten him there. She may have been early, she realized. Shrugging it off, she called out to her companions. Knack popped in first, his hide warm from the sun where he'd been curled up with Kaylee and Edge. Immediately, he coiled around her neck. The other two decided to entertain themselves by wheeling and dipping through the air, chasing one another for her amusement.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Archived
Kela walked to his right, Indrith seemingly ignoring the canine and walking to Terken's left.  His dragon's disgust had the weyrling on edge.  He had tried to keep Kela away from the hatchling at first, but his unhappiness over it and the dogs determined way of sneaking into the weyrling barracks despite all attempts to keep her out had the weyrling tolerating her, barely and with bad grace, but tolerating her. 

When the canine saw Casa and trotted to her, Indrith perked up and went to Terken.  He leaned into him, getting a scritch and pat, Terken giving a rare smile.  He loved Indrith, but the dragons dislike of all things canine was putting a strain on the bond between them.  Terken hadn't visited the canines he worked with since impressing Indrith, hadn't petted Kela, who was getting neurotic, thinking she was being punished for something she had done and not knowing what. 

It was breaking him, and he was struggling to hide that from Indrith.  It didn't help that the brown was being encouraged by Berruth, and Ravana seemed to have trouble counterbalancing his father's influence on both of them.  He hadn't figured out why yet that she was not involved in his life as much now that he'd impressed. 

He did his best to hide how troubled he was lately, offering Casa a smile.  "Hi."  Kela was of course loving on her and after a moment, Indrith bounded over and nuzzled her, knocking the canine aside.  She got up, staying back sadly, and letting him greet the girl, instead padding to Terken for a scritch and pet which he gladly gave.  "Gently Indrith!"  The dragon gentled his nuzzles, giving a happy croon if the physical attention was returned.  Hi!  I'm Indrith!

PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Casa
of Gold Thallyath

Date of Birth
16.11.720 AL, 24
Height
5'3
Eyes
Green
Build
Slim, petite
Hair
Blonde, shoulder length

Threads

As soon as they approached, Casa burst into a huge grin. The brown dragon - goodness, she did love Browns - had grown quite a bit and was happily trotting alongside T'ken. Kela was there too, but a bit distant from her owner. As she watched, she noticed the overall happiness that should be there seemed...strained. Something was definitely not right.

Regardless, she immediately began to love on Kela when the big dog bounded over. She ran her fingers through the dog's thick fur, holding her close and sighing contently. One day, she would have a canine pup; whether it came from Kela or another, she wasn't sure. But in the meantime, she had this beautiful and smart dog to love on, and Kela was soaking the attention up. It made Casa smile at how energetic and loving the dog was.

However, their reunion was cut short when the brown came over, knocking the dog aside. Casa watched the dog's tail droop as she slunk back to T'ken, and she wrinkled her nose, thinking. While she tried to figure out what to do, she ran her fingers over Indrith's eye ridges and stroked his head, showing him the same affection she had offered the canine not two minutes past. Sitting down, she continued to stroke the dragon, the delight of having a dragonet in her face filling her with glee.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Indrith! You are a handsome brown, if I may say so." She patted the ground beside her, offering the invitation for him - and T'ken - to join her. "So...how has it been? Busy with these two, I see." She didn't say anything about the noticed strain yet; instead, she contented herself by rubbing Indrith's eye ridges on one side of her, and petting Kela on the other, fingers buried in her thick fur.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Terken finished soothing Kela before letting her slip back to Casa.  Indrith started to move tot hat side as well before T'ken called him to him.  He wound up with a lapful of brown dragonet's head, scratching the eyeridges. 

Ever wary of the female species, he took his time answering.  "There's been a lot of work to do, but thankfully I like work.  At least Indrith likes being oiled.  There're a few dragons around here that won't."  He paused then continuing to keep the focus on the positive, added, "I like how much hands on the weyrling lessons are than the candidate lessons." 

Giving off the appearance of being relaxed despite the wariness he wished he could shake around women, he paused in his scritching of eyeridges and Indrith butted into his hands.  He resumed immediately and asked, "How about you?  I've heard you've gotten into a few scrapes?"  He'd been in his share of fights growing up, but after enough bites from Kela and him proving he could hold his own against them, he'd been left more or less alone by those who'd started them.  He suspected they were looking for easier prey.

Indrith nosed him.  I'm here.  You don't need to worry about protecting yourself anymore.  T'ken wished that was true.  Instead of dwelling on it, he added lightly, "Not that it's a bad thing.  I've been told a dragon rider needs things that they're willing to fight for."  Making bullies stop was as good a thing as anything else.

Casa
of Gold Thallyath

Date of Birth
16.11.720 AL, 24
Height
5'3
Eyes
Green
Build
Slim, petite
Hair
Blonde, shoulder length

Threads

Casa relaxed marginally, a soft smile on her face. He seemed to be a little bit more lighthearted than she remembered, but she could tell there was still something...not quite right? Maybe he didn't girls, just like she didn't like girls. Who could blame him? Girls were gross and dramatic and emotional. Ugh. GIRLS. Remembering that dragons could hear mind voices, she reigned herself in a little bit, instead chewing on her lip thoughtfully before answering.

"Hands on is good! I love hands on. My favorite chores are the ones that involve doing something, instead of sitting around, dusting or changing glows or chopping vegetables. Those are things to do, but they aren't really productive! They are more...repetitive. Like, you know they are just going to happen over and over. Planting things or fishing, making new stuff...that's more fun. Being a weyrling sounds fun." A hint of yearning she didn't know she had crept into her voice. Blinking, she coughed and changed the subject.

"Uh...yeah. I got into a fight a little while back." She absentmindedly brushed her hair out of her face, fingers running over the new scar. "But it was a bully, and I wasn't having none of that. No one gets to pick on other people." She frowned then. "But I need to be more careful about it...I need to learn to think like the adults do. With subtlety. And using the people best suited for positions. And stuff." It was clear she was unhappy and confused about it, but she shrugged, continuing to pet Kela enthusiastically.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Girls were still scary to Terken, mostly because he didn't understand how they thought.  Why they smiled and giggled, and why their minds never seemed to settle on one thing.  That was the worst for him,t hat around girls his status in their minds was ever changing, leaving him standing on quicksand.

Terken did listen to her however, eyes on her, showing a thoughtfulness that was new to him.  He preferred to jsut act, rather than think and fuss over what would happen because he'd acted, but that the consequences tended to not hit him, but the people around him, he'd become a touch more likely to look before he leaped.

"You know the boring stuff needs to be done but it feels like it's jsut something that's been given to you to keep you busy and out of the way."  He'd felt like that often.  Terken absently drew his fingers over Indrith's hide, the brown having worked his way into being petter again. 

He tipped his head at her words and offered, "When I hear adults speak of the weyrbrats, they don't speak of you as much as children as future dragonriders, or future weyrfolk.  Fighting...Well I was always told it showed that I didn't think before I acted, which could down the road cost someone their life." 

He paused then offered her a wry smile.  "That said, the adults need to know who the problem children are, and when you fight, they see you as the problem child without bothering to look at why you're fighting.  They are in a better position than you to actually fix the problem.  I was also told that when you hit a bully you don't teach them not to bully, you just teach them not to let you actually catch them doing it.  I don't know how true it is."  He realized he'd spoken more than he had since impressing and offered, "My apologies, I didn't mean to sermonize."  He did hope knowing some of why would help her though.  People didn't stop and explain why you were in trouble often enough in his eyes.

Casa
of Gold Thallyath

Date of Birth
16.11.720 AL, 24
Height
5'3
Eyes
Green
Build
Slim, petite
Hair
Blonde, shoulder length

Threads

Her fingers paused while she listened to what he said, a slightly sad look passing over her face. She hadn't thought about it like that. She had discussed similar discussions with other riders, but she hadn't realized it was so...universally thought. She slowly nodded, fingers slowly moving through Kela's fur again. "I don't want to encourage bullying...thank you for another perspective." She shook her head, still frowning.

How was it that being an adult was so complicated? It had been easy when she was a kid. Someone hit you, you hit them back. Someone hurts someone else, you stop them. She hadn't thought about all of these different perspectives and viewpoints and cause and effect, and it really made her head spin a little bit. She sat down, frowning slightly as she ran her fingers through the dense fur. Eventually, she blinked and let the frown vanish, instead trying to focus on positives.

"The adults do seem to think differently, so I'm trying to listen to their advice more. They know how to handle things differently, so I've taken to asking what they think about things. Otherwise, I might do something dumb." She wrinkled her nose, sighing. "At least I'm not super weird, like the other girls...they act all odd and change their minds all the time. I don't think I could handle that AND trying to be an adult."

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

T'ken smiled at Casa.  It hurt growing up.  You felt stupid just as everything seemed to get harder and things went from black and white to shades of grey.  For a moment his thoughts turned to his father, before he stuffed the thought into the box in his mind he kept thoughts of his father in.  He didn't want a protective brown to break the fragile truce between him and T'rel.

Indrith was friends with Berruth and while T'ken was furious with the bronze for encouraging his brown in his dislike of canines, he understood that at the root, the bronze was doing his father's bidding.  Berruth was..To T'ken, he was even more broken now that he knew what a dragon was supposed to be.  Feeling Indrith getting upset at his thought line, he spoke out loud. 

"I was once told growing up is hard, but you can take your time at it.  You have your whole life to grow up."  He leaned back, fudged slightly.  "I always liked your spunk, and your willingness to act when action is needed.  Just...look before you leap.  I don't want to see you lose out on being able to stand because you did something to endanger it."

Feeling he'd botched things, he petted Indrith, thinking as he did.  Finally he spoke softly.  "You enjoy working around the canines?"

Casa
of Gold Thallyath

Date of Birth
16.11.720 AL, 24
Height
5'3
Eyes
Green
Build
Slim, petite
Hair
Blonde, shoulder length

Threads

Casa nodded at him, noting that he was right. Thinking before you did things or said things was not a bad idea. She would learn to adjust...it had been all but implied she should do so anyway. Sitting back, she thought about the new question, trying to decide how to answer it.

"Yes, I very much enjoying working with canines...I like almost all animals." It was true - since she had found the egg clutch and inherited the fire lizards, she spent most of her time working with them or incorporating them into what she was doing. It was odd even now not to have her little brown curled protectively around her throat.

And canines were something special. She thought back to sitting with Kela at the hatching, and patiently helping to brush the glass out of her fur. How happy she'd felt when the canine showed appreciation. They were patient, unconditionally loyal things, which wasn't something you just saw in anyone. And they liked to play, just like she did. Smiling, she glanced from T'ken and back to the brown. "Kela's one of the best, though. She's so friendly and she loves you so."

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

T'ken offered a smile.  "I do too.  Even the herdbeasts have their own...soemthing.  Though I do try to avoid spending time around them, don't want to get too attached to dinner before I eat it."  He shrugged, then added, "I hand raised Kela from birth." 

At seven years old, the canine was T'ken's oldest friend.  She was his rock in so many ways it was scary and he was still struggling to let Indrith in.  He suspected it was that which was at the root of the friction between him and the brown weyrling he'd been bonded to and between Indrith and Kela. 

The weyrling directed his thoughts away from that, saying lightly, "You know, I could still use some help with the puppies, and one of females is due with a litter of smaller pups soon.  Would you like to help socialize and train that litter?"

Casa
of Gold Thallyath

Date of Birth
16.11.720 AL, 24
Height
5'3
Eyes
Green
Build
Slim, petite
Hair
Blonde, shoulder length

Threads

Casa's eyes got wide, and she fought back a yelp of joy. That was a wonderful invitation! Getting to help with new puppies, and learn how to train them? That had to be one of the best jobs she could think of. She thought of the little pups, all silly and tripping over one another and their paws, and she couldn't keep the grin of delight from her lips.

Running her fingers through the fur on Kela's ruff, she nodded slowly, trying to practice the "think before you act" suggestion and not run up and hug him outright. He seemed pretty jumpy around girls - who could blame him, honestly? - and she didn't want him to take his offer back. She didn't thinks he could bear the disappointment if he did.

"When would we be able to start? I'm afraid I don't know much about canine training...or canines in general...but I try to learn fast!" She remembered T'ken showing her which direction the fur went on Kela when they had brushed the glass shards from her fur at the Hatching. She was sure she could remember everything else she was taught too.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

The sheer joy on the girl's face eased T'ken's worry that he ahd screwed up making his offer.  It had only been a slight worry but it had been there.  Girls were very unpredictable, though the ones that weren't yet women made a bit of sense. 

"Soon.  Came find me any time you're free, I'll teach you when our free times line up."  So she wouldn't think him trying to squirm out of it, he added, "Don't want people thinking you're getting otu of chores, though with luck and time, I can assign you with me for canine duties." 

He paused.  "How well do you remember what you read?  I think Ravana has some books on the subject she can lend you if you remember what you read well.  Otherwise, I'm happy to teach you as things go.  I learned best by doing, myself."

Indrith sighed to himself.  Well at least once she was trained T'ken would be less worried about not having someone to assist with the canines?  That would be good, right?  The dragon hoped so.

Casa
of Gold Thallyath

Date of Birth
16.11.720 AL, 24
Height
5'3
Eyes
Green
Build
Slim, petite
Hair
Blonde, shoulder length

Threads

Casa nodded eagerly. "Just let me know when you have free time - I'll get through my other chores at top speeds, just so I can come and learn." The prospect of going and getting to learn first hand, well...it was almost overwhelming how excited she was about this. And there was a chance down the line she could ask to have this be one of her more permanent chores? This was going to be the best project ever!

She thought about the question involving books. She was decent at it; she read slowly, but she generally soaked up whatever she read like a sponge, absorbing it and not likely to forget it. "I could read the information okay," she said softly. "I like hands-on learning better, its easier to recall. But I generally remember what I learn from a book without much problem."

She ran her fingers through Kela's fur one more time, already going through the instructions T'ken had given her at the Hatching to help refresh herself. She couldn't believe he'd offered to teach her...it was going to be a lot of fun to learn about the canines. She didn't see much of them, and no one really seemed as intent on them as her and T'ken were. 

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Kela turned her head, gently bathing the girl's fingers in soft licks, her tail waving gently.  She was plainly happy to receive the attention.  It wasn't that she didn't receive enough attention from T'ken, but rather that she was happy when anyone paid attention to her.  Whoever had said canines were a good judge of character...

"I'll get you a few of the books about things you want to know before you use it, like first aid then."  He'd had to learn on hurt canines, and wouldn't wish that on Casa for all the meat in the world. 

Indrith creeled then and T'ken smiled at Casa, even as hunger twisted his stomach.  "I have to go feed Indrith.  Will you exercise Kela for me?  Here...you can throw this and she'll fetch it and bring it back every time."  He passed her a small wherhide ball, dyed in bright colors.  Normally, he wouldn't have offered but he suspected Indrith needed some time when it was just them and Kela would enjoy the extra exercise.  She didn't need it but would enjoy it all the same.  "You can jsut bring her back to the weyrling barracks in a while when she tires out a bit."

Maybe it was just something in common causing him to lower his boundaries, maybe it was sheer exhaustion from tending Indrith around the clock, or even the need to repair some of the strain on the bond, but he found he did hope Casa said yes.  He didn't want to dump Kela on her all the time, just for a little bit and he suspected both would enjoy the time.  That meant it wasn't taking advantage, right?

Casa
of Gold Thallyath

Date of Birth
16.11.720 AL, 24
Height
5'3
Eyes
Green
Build
Slim, petite
Hair
Blonde, shoulder length

Threads

Casa glanced from the excited canine to the bright ball and took it excitedly, nodding her eager agreement to T'ken. She knew how important it was to keep a dragon well fed, especially when they were so young, so she could understand his need to go in a hurry.

Plus, it meant she got to spend time with Kela! The dog was exciting and playful, and Casa couldn't deny it certainly sounded like fun, getting to play fetch and chase the dog around so. Kela was very well trained from what Casa had seen in the past, and she knew it would be easy to run around and then lead her back to the Weyrling Barracks.

"I guess we'll see you in a little bit then! Thanks for letting me play with her...and it was nice to meet you Indrith!" She beamed at the brown and his rider, pitching her arm back and tossing the ball for Kela to chase after as she walked the other two head towards the feeding grounds.

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)