World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 04.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

Post-Hatching Jabberjaw [Flora, Bordtai, Quenym(?)]

Casa
of Gold Thallyath

Date of Birth
16.11.720 AL, 24
Height
5'3
Eyes
Green
Build
Slim, petite
Hair
Blonde, shoulder length

Threads

Written By: ThistleProse
If Atria doesn't want to have Quenym join us here and wants to start exploring first, then I'll totally join him after chatting with these two for a bit. I want to get to know them better. :D
It was slow progress back to the weyrfolk rooms, even with Bordtai so carefully handling Flora to keep from bumping her legs at all. They eventually wended their way to her room, and she was settled on the bed. Once they were there, she settled down on the end of the girl's bed, pulling up chairs for the others. "So...that was a pretty good hatching for our first right?" She tried to smile gently at Bordtai, encouraging him; he seemed pretty timid, and she felt bad she hadn't really noticed him before to reach out to him. He seemed like a really nice kid.

"I mean...I didn't Stand this time. But Quenym convinced me to give it a go next Hatching...I told him I would. He said we should be proud to Stand, and show the folks from up North that its a privilege." Her voice faltered for a moment, but then strengthened again. "And you all did really good, considering we're low on the Candidate scale. I mean...we're all just barely old enough to do it, and yet you did! You guys are brave."

She turned her smile to Flora. "And you did really good, considering. I've seen way worse injuries - I bet you'll heal up in next to no time, and we can get back to looking for fruit and having some exploration time around the Weyr." She lowered her voice for a moment. "I even has a surprise! You guys will get to know first when it happens, because you are all my age and we 'Brats...we gotta learn to stick together and take care of one another."

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Deceased
Quenym followed at a few paces behind the others, thinking over the plans he was making already to find the best get-well gift ever. After all, he had made a promise, and a promise was a promise! Such a gift would not be found in the Weyr, however. No, this would require drastic measures. Dramatic measures. Measures that made him smile with a far-off look in his eye that said that plans were afoot and there would be no stopping him.

Casa would be absolutely necessary, of course, but the others wouldn't be unwelcome. Well... Bordetai was the one Quenym was worried about for this adventure. He was quiet, and boring, and while Quenym hadn't bothered to make fun of him he also hadn't welcomed the boy to any events or activities he had planned. Would he even agree?

A sigh escaped him. Ah, well, he would just make do.

A few words caught his ear, and he nodded seriously to Casa's statement that they had done well and that they had to have pride in themselves. A grin escaped him. Casa was pretty solid on terms of being upstanding, and he would keep an eye out for her, for sure! She seemed like she would be Gold material, if he had any eye for it. Being brats, though, she would probably be only allowed to Touch for greens. Shame, that.

His eyes widened at the mention of a surprise. A surprise?! What surprise?! "Well why don't you spill it, girl?" He bit back his initial reaction to call her a wherrybrain or a dimglow. If he insulted her like he had thought to, she might not let him in on it. "That would make a great gift for Flora!" And for him. He rather liked secrets, and this one promised to be good.

He slid into the room and hopped onto the windowsill to take a seat, overlooking the other brats and still working out in his head what they would do. "I still need something, though. Casa, Bordetai, going to come with me? We can make a day of it, an adventure. We won't be missed with chores and all because its a Hatching day."

PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Flora walked carefully  using Bordetai's shoulder to support a bit of her weight when she got shaky on her feet but not completely giving him her whole weight. She was just a bit worried about falling. She slide over into her bunk and laid her legs out  in front of her least the dragonette only got the top of the legs so she can lay down ok with aggravating the  claw marks.

"I guess i should of been paying more attention I didn't even seen him coming. " Flora admitted softly. She might of been able to avoid it somewhat  if she was watching that one hatchling. She looked over at the other three. "Thank you all for seeing me back to my bunk. I would of been worried about making it back on my own.

Flora blushed and shook her head " I sure don't feel brave at all. I feel a bit foolish to have gotten hurt.  But I do hope it heals up  quickly cause i wouldn't wanna stay in bed while everyone is off on adventures. specially if your on adventures without me.

Flora whistles and the tiny ball of fluff jumped up on the bunk by her and curled up  at her side and licked her hand.  She had gotten the small canine from the breeder. She realized  that he had impressed. " Terken Impressed didn't he?" She asked softly. 

PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Bordtai was glad to see that Flora was trying to do most of the walking on her own – it made it not so terrible during the times she did need to lean on him.  Once they had her on her bunk, Bordtai stood back and began to turn when Casa showed up with a chair and left it there in front of him.  He blinked at it a moment before looking up to watch her sit on the bed and Quenym sit on the window sill.  After a pause to put the pieces together, he realized that the chair had actually been meant for him and it would have been rude to walk off now that his job was done.

Mumbling under his breath, he pulled the chair back a bit further from the bed before sitting on the edge of it as the three started talking about the hatching, Terken and privileges and even adventures.  Quenym had a point about the weyrfolk being looser on the ‘brats today for chores, but that certainly didn’t mean that Bordtai wanted to take part in an adventure in the woods.  His head still pounded from the night before and running around in the sunlight was just not appealing right at that moment.

“Uh… No thanks Quenym.”  He said, unused to having to actually turn down invitations.  When was the last time he’d gotten one from a boy his own age?  “M-maybe next time.”  He added on at the end with no confidence at all.  Wasn’t helping Flora to her bunk being helpful enough?  Did he really have to go and find some gift too?

Hearing the question about Terken, Bordtai nodded to Flora as he eyed the ball of fluff now in her lap.  “Yeah, Terken impressed.  A brown I believe.”  Bordtai said as he tried to remember the exact details of the hatching that had seemed to happen all at once.  “But that’s good.  Terken isn’t a northerner.  He was Weyrbred.  He’s always been here.”

Casa
of Gold Thallyath

Date of Birth
16.11.720 AL, 24
Height
5'3
Eyes
Green
Build
Slim, petite
Hair
Blonde, shoulder length

Threads

Knowing Quenym's (sometimes over)enthusiasm, she cut in before he might offend the poor boy. She nodded softly, offering him another smile. The boy was quiet and she could tell he was slowly working through the implications. Well, she thought, some people weren't strong in the enthusiasm or quick thinking. But she bet he was really good at other things. She filed away a note to make sure she found out what that was to try and make a day of keeping him company.

"That's alright, Bordtai," she murmured. "You don't have to come along if you want! My surprise will be ready in a few days, and it will happen here in the Weyr! And I promise its not a troublemaking surprise...more a fun little surprise, and perfect for us younger folk in the Weyr." She turned to Flora. "You are invited to come along too - it won't be too far from your room during recovery, so it should be nice and easy to do."

Shooting Quenym the "be nice to him" look, she turned to the fluffy ball and beamed in delight, stroking the soft fur. This must be one of Terken's pups - they were beautiful! She wondered if there were any others around who needed loving. She had adored helping with Kela. "I'm glad Terken Impressed...a Brown too. My favorite." She nodded slowly, thoughtfully. "Quenym, you know I'm always ready for exploration. Bordtai, when we leave...maybe you can keep Flora company? We all would love to get to know you a little more." She continued to be gentle and warm, trying to help encourage him to be welcome and comfortable with them.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Quenym pursed his lips at the boy, disappointed but not surprised by his refusal. He didn't know how to have a good time at all. Before he opened his trap to say so, Casa cut in and shot him a look that was unmistakeable. He sulked, but stayed quiet. Mostly. "Can't wait for the surprise, then!" He said gleefully. "And yeah, Bordetai. If you don't want to come, stay here. Find Flora a nice story or something to read to her. You're always in those books, you had to have read something interesting." It was an offhanded order, given since the boy wasn't going to be doing else useful in Quenym's eyes.

He was too distracted by having a partner for adventuring to care. He hopped off of the sill. "Imma get stuff ready and we'll go the moment you get to the bowl. We're gonna go to the forest!" Sliding off of the sill, he headed for the door, giving a jaunty wave to Flora. "Don't get better till we've got your gift, 'Kay?"

Quenym made his way out, a grin lighting up his face. First they had managed a Hatching, and now they were doing exploring! It was fantastic! What a day...

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Flora pet the puppy as she sat in thought. "I wonder what the surprise is. Can you give a clue?" Flora asked Casa softly.  She smiled as Bordtai sat down in the chair  she did notice that he seemed to be more nervous and uncomfortable than herself.  " Thank you Bordtai for helping me to my bunk. I don't think I would of made it on my own. " She reached out and lightly patted his hand  then  pet her puppy again.

Iris was a sweet little pup and often times Flora called her lilbit cause she still was smaller then her brothers and sisters. She suppose that it probably was a good thing she didn't bond a dragon cause of having a new puppy to take care of maybe when Iris was much older would be time think about that.  So she wasn't all that sad anymore about not being found worthy.

Course she was a bit upset about being hurt.  That weight on her mind the worse more so cause that maybe they would pull her from the hatchings completely cause she was so young and tiny and unable to keep herself safe.  "I'm sure I won't get better anytime real soon. But I might sleep while i not in pain cause I probably won't get to later. I'm sure Bordtai has much better things to do like maybe even get some sleep himself  rather then waste his time on a foolish little girl like me. I'm sure  I can manage. " Flora lied at the last part she wasn't sure she would be able to manage anything but she was trying hard to be brave.

Her arm circled around the pup as she petted her side. Iris seemed to instinctively know that Flora needed her and stayed curled close against the  girl.

PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Bordtai was a bit skeptical when Casa said that the surprise wasn’t a trouble-making surprise but perfect for younger folk.  He’d been about to turn it down just to make sure he was well away from the not-trouble when Flora spoke up asking what the surprise was.  He wasn’t sure if Flora would be making it around any better in just a few days, but then again the healer had allowed her to walk off with him today so maybe she wasn’t as bad off as she felt.  It was still fresh after all.  Tomorrow the healing would have already started, though she was sure to be sore.

“If you need help, I guess I can swing by and help you to wherever the surprise is.”  Bordtai said a little begrudgingly.  He really didn’t want to get mixed up in any of this ‘not-trouble’, but looking at how excited Quenym was as he bounced out of the room after a comment about Bordtai reading, Bordtai wasn’t about to leave Flora alone to get caught up in a mess alone just because she couldn’t get away.  Especially not with the other weyrbrats unsurpassed ability to cause mischief.

Under normal circumstances, Bordtai would have declined Casa’s suggestion to stay with Flora in a heartbeat – using the escape Flora even gave in her quiet voice without second thoughts.  Now that his mind was on ‘not-trouble’, Quenym and mischief however, he hesitated in his chair, rubbing the back of his hand that had been patted by the quiet girl.

“I could stay a bit…”  he offered, though if Flora offered a second out he’d give up and leave.  After all, there would at least be a few candlemarks before the other two found their way in and out of the woods.  He could always peek back in then just to make sure they weren’t going to get her into trouble.  “But…”  he started to add, glancing back at the door Quenym had left out of and wrinkling his nose with a frown. 

“But I can’t read no books.”  He finished with a disgusted mutter.  Not disgusted at the other boy for bringing it up, but disgusted with himself in his own short-comings.  Bordtai knew he was a dimglow and he was reminded of it often enough.  It didn’t stop the fact that he was beginning to loathe the fact that he would never master his letters.

Casa
of Gold Thallyath

Date of Birth
16.11.720 AL, 24
Height
5'3
Eyes
Green
Build
Slim, petite
Hair
Blonde, shoulder length

Threads

As Quenym slipped out the door, she watched him go with a wry grin before turning her attention back to the two left in the room besides herself. "Well..its a surprise. But it will probably happen in the kitchens or the dining room...and its kinda like a Hatching, I guess." It would either throw them for a complete loop or they would know right away, but she didn't want to say more - her surprise was meant to make them happy!

She saw how reluctant Bordtai was about all of this, but was pleasantly surprised by how accommodating he was being in his help for Flora. She would take what she could get - any time he spent with them was better than him sitting by himself. He seemed like a really sweet boy, just a little...distant. "You two are both welcome to come - there will even be seating so you two can take it easy. It will be great," she thought with a dreamy smile on her face.

When he mentioned not being able to read, suddenly she blushed, feeling bad. Maybe that was one of the reasons he was so shy - he thought he was dumb. Poor thing. Lots of people couldn't read! Maybe that was why he stayed so quiet. She made a note to tell Quenym so they could avoid it in the future. "Well...I'm really bad at math," she offered, grimacing and looking down at her hands. "I can do really basic stuff, but I'm not great for most things. I know how you feel." She looked around awkwardly, falling silent as she went back to pet the canine.

If ya'll wanna pop over to the flitt hatching @ the dining hall, this is the surprise she is talking about - its active currently!

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)