World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [C] 734.01.01 | Of Drunks and Dragonets [Hatching!]

V'ra
of Blue Venseth

Date of Birth
05.04.716 AL, 28
Height
4'9
Eyes
Blue
Build
Slim
Hair
Dark Brown

Threads

Written By: ThistleProse
Indivara’s bleu gaze shifted from Nyvian to peering down at the bronze dragonet when he spoke, lips twitching at the way he corrected Nyvian for the nickname he had used, and the awful pronunciation the twin then used for it. Not bothering to ask, she leaned down to pick up the jug, and top up the cup in Nyvian’s hand, urging him to drink once more. When Skorzanth echoed his name once more, Indivara laughed lightly.

“We can hear you,” she teased, deeply amused. The Hatching Sands were a flurry of dragonet voices, though it was certainly nice to know which voice it was sitting before them! Watching them learn to modulate their ability to speak privately was something Indivara found more than a little fun. You could learn some of the most interesting things from dragonets that thought they were speaking privately, but still hadn’t mastered private communication. Ajaaskath had said some of the most interesting things before she and Kerrin had managed to master mind-speaking.

The use of her nickname caused Indivara to twitch, fingers tightening for a moment on Ryvian’s shoulders, which is where they had dropped to rest after Skorzanth had introduced himself. She breathed out a grumpy exhale, glaring irritably at Nyvian, quite aware that he was as likely to use her nickname to bait her as not, but unable to help the response. Then, the comment.

Indivara paused, considering, before she gave a dismissive snort as she peered up at Nyvian, giving every impression that she was staring down at the much taller weyrbrat. What was almost a foot in height difference, when being glared at by Indivara’s vivid blue eyes? “I think not,” she stated firmly, her hands both relaxing on Ryvian’s shoulder as her eyebrows arched upwards on her forehead. She leaned into the other weyrbrat, content in the knowledge that he would not move and send her sprawling – and if he did, he could damned well pick her up.

The girl’s expression altered, features taking on an arched look as she stared at Nyvian smugly, blue eyes sparkling with malicious amusement, though there was a flicker of fear living underneath. “Clearly the dragonets are picking off the shittier candidates first. That’s why all those northern bastards got theirs first.” She smirked. “Then Kerrin, who is clearly not as cool as we are, then you, who are less cool than Ryvian who isn’t as awesome as me, so he’ll be next.” Her slim fingers twitched against Ryvian’s shoulders; despite the arrogant assurance in her words, the idea of being left standing alone while Ryvian walked off with a dragon of his own was more than a little terrifying.

2023-AugustBluerider - FemaleCandidatePA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

N'vian
of Bronze Skorzanth

Date of Birth
Height
5'9"
Eyes
Blue
Build
Trim and fit
Hair
Brown

Threads

Written By: Jenn
Oh, the dragon seemed a little surprised, and perhaps a little ruffled by the fact that he could not keep his conversations private. He would simply have to work on that and fix it. Good, this will be easier. The bronze dragon may have tried to make it seem like his public broadcasting was intentional. Skorzanth lowered his head into Nyvian's lap, their bond already strong despite Nyvian being terribly drunk and Skorzanth having to act the babysitter when he was the baby. Later he would claim that it was a testament to his will power that he could find his bonded even with his mind clouded by alcohol.

"It is nice, isn't it?" Nyvian seemed to be picking up on his twin's change in mood. If Ryvian was happier, there was little doubt that Nyvian would be as well. They usually fed off of each other's moods and likewise amplified them. Some would consider them painfully similar, but there was no one in Pern that he would want to be most like besides his brother. It was a blessing that Nyvian didn't even realize that him Impressing without his brother meant that they would be separated. It was a hurdle they would both have to overcome, and it would likely reveal how painfully dependent Nyvian was on his brother's attention and love. Without their parents, they were all each other had, and as far as Nyvian was concerned, the only person he needed besides his twin was Skorzanth.

"I don't need more klah," Nyvian protested, even though Indivara had refilled his cup, and even though he was dutifully drinking from it like a good Weyrling. Oh, he was a Weyrling now! Nyvian still felt terrible that his twin hadn't Impressed, but he was so unbelievably happy and excited that he had Skorzanth! The dragonet looked a little gangly and awkward, but shells, he was a bronze, and pretty cool too. Skorzanth was already giving him a confidence boost, and all the dragonet had done was repeatedly correct him on the way he said his name. "Kor," he mumbled in a small display of drunken rebellion. When he sobered up, he'd likely be completely ashamed of his own behavior, and that he couldn't even be sober for Skorzanth's Hatching Day.

Nyvian's eyes narrowed with suspicion as Indivara listed what was the most valid reason as to why the girl and his twin hadn't Impressed. It was slowly coming to him... wait for it! "Woah, no way am I less cool than you." Apparently he was less cool than Ryvian - he could accept that. But Indivara? She wouldn't even sleep with him! It made her painfully less cool... but then again he supposed that was a pro as well, since she had gotten knocked up. He could happily raise his hand and go 'NOT MINE'.

He almost did in that moment, but had realized in time that no one else...

I am beginning to grow concerned for you.

Shit, okay, no one else besides Skorzanth, could follow his train of thought.

"It's okay, though, I'm sure your dragon won't realize that you're far less cool than I am and pick you. And you know what, your dragon will be fucking amazing. Almost as cool as mine, and almost as cool as Ryvian's." He was back to maintaining a positive outlook on his twin's and Indivara's futures. Just because they didn't have a dragon yet didn't mean they wouldn't have one in the future. They just had to be patient!

PA - First Post!

R'vi
of Blue Vydoriath

Date of Birth
28.05.712, 32
Height
5'9
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Brown, shaggy

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
Ryvian really wasn’t one to sit on the side lines when friends were bickering and teasing as he was more inclined to tease them both in turn. This time, however, he didn’t have anything else to add to the conversation. He liked Indivara’s theory and could even believe it to a point but he also agreed with Nyvian that no matter what, there would be awesome dragons to be had. So he smiled and nodded in agreement to both sides as he continued to steal glances at the bronze.

A part of him wanted to pet the creature, a way to make it all the more real. If Skorzanth was solid beneath his touch, then it wasn’t a nightmare. His hand started to lift and then was quickly lowered back to his lap. There was a sudden fear that he didn’t know which he wanted to be true and as odd as it was since he had grown up around dragons, Ryvian wasn’t sure how he was supposed to act around this one. Was it okay to touch his brother’s dragon without permission? Was he allowed to use the nickname that Nyvian liked using? Should he pretend he didn’t hear what was supposed to be private conversations like the concern he showed for Nyvian?

Growing frustrated at the whole situation Ryvian finally straightened the way he sat somewhat slouched and looked around them. Weyrlings were being corralled and he honestly didn’t know what else to say in that moment anyway so he waved a dismissive hand to the conversation that was taking place around him and to the entire encounter. “You should go join your class, Ny. You’re the one that’s never late, remember!” Ryvian smiled cheerfully, doing his best to keep the optimism continuously in place for his brother’s sake. “I have some parties to plan for as well.” He’d go to the gathering to celebrate the wonderful hatching, naturally, since he had to show his support for Nyvian but there was also the UnImpressed party he’d have to throw due to tradition. He wasn’t sure if it’d be the same without his other half, especially since their Candidate friends were dwindling. It really would just be Indivara and him left soon. With his luck, Ryvian figured he’d better start making friends with the younger ‘brats to ensure he wasn’t Standing alone on the Sands.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Archived
The nagging fear didn't necessarily abate when J'di said that the fact that Quelseth thought she would be fine was a good thing. The green was a baby; babies didn't know much about the real world, and S'cer was still somewhat terrified that Quelseth would up and between on him.

I will do no such thing. If you would assist me, we can make it to the food together.

The answer was firm given the whispery, soft quality of Quelseth's mind voice, and S'cer shook his head at M'din's offer. "No, but thank you. I think I can manage." He dashed back to Quelseth, intent on getting food in her belly, and gently helped her to her feet. Feelings of reassurance and love radiated from the small green, and S'cer wasn't aware of the soppy smile on his face, but it was there all the same. She managed to take a few quavering steps before S'cer shook his head. "I know you wanted to walk all the way, but I think it would be best if I carried you. You're small enough."

And with that, Quelseth was scooped into S'cer's arms and whisked away to the feeding area. The new green weyrling hoped that food would help her restore some of her strength and that the dragonhealers would want to have a look at her later on.

PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Page Selection

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)