World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

Lonely River Blues [M'din]

Casa
of Gold Thallyath

Date of Birth
16.11.720 AL, 24
Height
5'3
Eyes
Green
Build
Slim, petite
Hair
Blonde, shoulder length

Threads

Written By: ThistleProse
Morning came far too soon for Casa the day after her scrap with one of the other weyrbrats. The visit in the Healing Hall hadn't been the most pleasant to start with; she had been (still was, really) a mess of scrapes, cuts, and bruises, not to mention the cut in her head and the ankle injury. Then there had been the awkward questions, which invariably led to a severe talking to, and assignment of punishment. After all, she had somewhat instigated the actual fight. But she didn't regret it one bit. No one should ever have to be picked on, no matter what the supposed reason for it was!

However, due to the fact this hadn't just been a bruised-and-split-lip sort of incident, she had to work on modified chores. What's worse, there had been almost no tolerance for what she did. This meant she got the most unpleasant chores they could think of that wouldn't push her to heal slower (or at least she felt that way - who wanted to peel vegetables for an extended period of time? NO ONE). She didn't expect pity or sympathy, but who were they to tell her off for defending a little girl?! Her blood had been boiling at this. So after bribing another one of the 'brats to help her get through what was supposed to take all day, she limped as fast as she could out towards the river, where she could be away from people.

By the time she got there, her ankle was more than a little sore; it was next to impossible to not heavily favor it. But she didn't care. It was well worth the pain to have a quiet place to reflect. After a couple minutes of a lazy breeze coming off the water, she sighed and leaned back, cursing as she bumped her head on the ground that sent a dizzying wave of pain through her. Oh well. At least there was no one to yell at her right now. That was worth the risk of her stitches splitting open or her ankle hurting for a thousand turns.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Archived
"It's not even fishing when you scare them all away," M'din huffed as the closest approximation to grumpiness he could manage masked his face. The brownrider carried a small net and bucket as he trudged along the river's edge, pouting to the soaked dragon who trailed behind him gleefully.

Armath snarked, unconcerned with projecting his voice, I was helping you. He nudged at M'din's shoulder as he crawled, tickled that he could manage to foil his bonded despite their numerous turns together. I mean, you certainly weren't going to catch anything in that holey blanket of yours, so I stepped in to take care of business.

"You ate them!" M'din shouted, whirling around to smack Armath affectionately on the neck. The rider had been determined to catch some fresh fish for dinner, as he certainly couldn't contribute to the cooking aspect of the meal, but the early morning sojourn to the river had devolved into an extended swimming trip for Armath. The brown had slunk into the water, ignoring M'din's begged protests, and began snapping at anything foolish enough to swim near his snout. After almost an hour of watching his dragon snack, M'din packed up to find a new fishing spot upstream. Although he was loathe to admit it, the brownrider found the whole exasperating exchange rather amusing.

"It's hard enough to get out of bed at this hour, much less to go fish, so you'd better help me catch-"

M'din's voice cut off abruptly as he stumbled into a clearing near the water, almost tripping on the body of a small girl. After a brief moment of horror, he saw the bruised child was breathing, but he dropped to his knees still fearing the worst. "Are you all right?" he asked her, concerned beyond his wildest nightmares to find an injured girl alone by the river. He was terrified that something atrocious had happened to her, and was fully prepared to take her between on Armath for a rushed delivery to the Infirmary.

PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Casa
of Gold Thallyath

Date of Birth
16.11.720 AL, 24
Height
5'3
Eyes
Green
Build
Slim, petite
Hair
Blonde, shoulder length

Threads

As she lay there thinking, her peace seemed destined to be short-lived. Not long after she had arrived, she heard someone come up and then stop. Blinking at the sudden shadow over her, she opened her eyes slowly. Blinking, she found herself staring up into the face of a scruffy bearded dragonrider. He seemed really concerned, and she realized she must look like death. Sighing, she struggled herself into a sitting position, almost groaning.

"No worries, rider," she murmured politely, inclining her head. "I'm fine...recovering for a rather unfortunate fig- uh, accident in the Weyr last night." She had been told not to make a big deal out of the whole affair, another level of anger that pulsed through her. Still seeing the fear and worry on her face, she scrunched her nose, her fingers playing with a loose strand of hair.

"Shards, it wasn't no accident...the bigger 'Brats were picking on a little'n, so I stopped them. No one bullies other people under my watch." She muttered this in a lower voice, eyes cautiously meeting his own. The rider might roll his eyes and tell her she was dumb - it was well within their rights to do so. And maybe they were right. But she wasn't going to stop defending those who needed it, no matter who said what. "Sorry you tripped over me...I had to limp out here to get here, and I just wanted a quiet place to hide away. I'm sorry if I stopped any plans you had.."

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Clearly not an accident,[i] Armath privately told his rider. He surveyed the injured girl critically, rightfully suspicious of her misfortune.

[i]I know. She probably fought with one of the other kids, or worse, a bully, replied M'din, frowning. He'd heaved an audible sigh when she sat up, banishing his horrible fear that she was unconscious. He refused to imagine a more severe outcome- one that had tormented the mind of the father of five only moments before. When the girl repeated her story he nodded understandingly, glad to hear she would tell him the truth after a moment of soul-searching. It was noble to stand up for someone being victimized, and the brownrider had no love for anyone heartless enough to bully, but he wondered if there wasn't a wiser way to handle the situation.

"I'm glad you tried to defend the little ones," M'din told her sincerely. He set down his fishing gear and crossed his legs beside her, motioning for Armath to take a seat. The brown curled up (miraculously) without protest, listening keenly to the conversation. Despite the girl's protests, M'din was rather concerned about her well-being and was eventually hoping to convince her to see a healer. "But maybe next time you should tell an adult so they can help you. Imagine if you hadn't been there for the little one, and no one was there to defend him or her because they didn't know who to watch out for. It seems hard to believe sometimes, but adults know what it was like to be a kid and can usually fix these sorts of problems pretty quickly."

Responding to her apologies, Armath dryly told her, You didn't interrupt anything. He can hardly catch a cold, much less a fish. He flicked a claw to his rider, who scowled back before turning to the girl. "My name's M'din, this is Armath. What's your name?"

Casa
of Gold Thallyath

Date of Birth
16.11.720 AL, 24
Height
5'3
Eyes
Green
Build
Slim, petite
Hair
Blonde, shoulder length

Threads

Casa watched him cautiously as he approached, nervous she was going to get in even more trouble. She'd already been thoroughly yelled at - twice - and then there had been the scolding during the stitches and healer visit last night. What's worse, she didn't want to go back. The healer, Talian, was not very fond of kids. She'd behaved during the visit, but there had still been stiff questions and almost dark looks. She was loathe to do or say anything that would get her in more trouble. She calmed a little when the brown came and curled up, her tense shoulders relaxing visibly.

"I'm Casa," she managed quietly, still nervous. "I...I didn't want to get into a fight, but who attacks a small child? Seriously." Her voice rose, vehement and almost hysterical, but she took a deep breath, glancing at the brown reassuringly. "Next time I'll get an adult, I promise." Her meek voice wavered and she glanced away, trying to keep herself from crying. Taking a moment, she peered back at him. "Please don't tell anyone you found me down here. I am on light duty, that's what the healer said last night, and everyone is irritated with me. I wanted a quiet place to nap."

She swallowed and sighed, shaking her head side to side. "If you want, I will move back to the weyr to sleep. It's nice to meet you, though. Armath, you are a gorgeous dragon." Her voice was still somewhat glum, but when she mentioned the brown, some of her normal cheer returned, her eyes resting fondly on his hide before she went to struggle to stand.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

M'din jovially replied, "Oh, good! I'm glad you're willing to give grown ups a chance. We're not all bad." It was refreshing that little Casa so readily took his advice, or at least claimed she did, after dealing with his own daughter, Reldemi. Granted, his eldest daughter was a bit older than the blonde girl before him, and was in the midst of a slightly rebellious, stubborn phase of her life. Marilitin had been the same way at fourteen turns, and M'din believed she'd grow out of it.

He nodded lightly as Casa questioned the the type of person who would hurt a child. "Only people with small hearts hurt those incapable of defending themselves. Maybe one day they'll learn to treat people the way they'd like to be treated," he said. M'din cracked his knuckles distractedly, thinking that there were many at Katila who'd never grown out of the habit of bullying. Some of those unkind members of the Weyr had Impressed dragons, becoming truly dangerous forces. Looking down at Casa, he earnestly hoped the next generation of riders would be more compassionate than those who survived the Exile.

Armath took the liberty of responding to her request to be left alone, commenting, It doesn't matter to us if you sleep out here, but I suggest moving to a less populated area. People come and go along the river more frequently than in the bushes back there. He motioned with his snout to the copse of trees behind him. To her compliment, he added, And I wouldn't call me gorgeous, but then, only golds really are. I'd say I'm a fine draconic specimen though for being the color of mud.

M'din wryly smiled at his bonded, wondering where Armath got the talent to thoughtlessly brush off compliments in favor of joking about himself. He'd never been one to comfortably accept admiration. As Casa tried to stand, M'din asked, "Why don't you sit a little longer? You could probably use some rest, and no one's going to stop you." He wanted to turn the discussion to something more cheerful, something the Weyrbrat would enjoy, and her longing glance at Armath's hide did not go unnoticed. "So, Casa, you're a Candidate? What kind of dragon do you want to Impress?"

Casa
of Gold Thallyath

Date of Birth
16.11.720 AL, 24
Height
5'3
Eyes
Green
Build
Slim, petite
Hair
Blonde, shoulder length

Threads

She sat back down gratefully, a sigh escaping her. Standing was hard when you hurt. "I...hmm. I've never really considered Standing. I mean, I know I CAN. I'm old enough as a Weyrbrat'n all." She pursed her lips, sleepily rubbing at her eyes but focusing. "But I have started to peek my head into classes," she admitted with a soft, wry grin. "My best friend Quenym wants me to Stand. I probably won't for this next clutch, but maybe down the line."

"If I were to Impress...I don't know. A lot of folks naturally think of us girls as tender flowers, and therefore we should ride Golds. I wouldn't mind a Gold, but I don't think a Gold would be able to handle someone like me. Too curious. Not enough girly flounce. Not enough care for politics or boys." She wrinkled her nose, expressing her displeasure at being one of the soft women she had heard Goldriders could be.

"I love Browns best, but girls don't ride Brown. So unless there's a Gold who can match me better, then...I dunno, I guess I'd be a green rider. Maybe blue, but prolly green. I get along with all dragons, so I wouldn't care too much what it looked like. And I don't even know that a dragon will pick me. I will probably sit in via the Stands and just see how things progress as I get older." She looked down, self conscious of how much she had said. "How'd you Impress Armath?"

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

As Casa constructed a definitively negative view of Katilian females, honing in particularly on goldriders, M'din couldn't help but squint uncomfortably. He knew plenty of women with backbones and a knack for stirring up trouble, in fact he'd been courting a lovely woman recently who fit both categories in one form or another, and his own sister had been the epitome of a rebellious upstart before she passed away. He fidgeted with his fishing rod as he thought about asking Peorray talk to Casa later that night about not-girly girly things. She was excellent at that sort of activity- but she was excellent at most activities, really. M'din smiled.

"I'm sure you'll stand when you feel ready, even if it's not for the next two clutches. Either way, I look forward to having you in my Weyrling class one day." He added, "I'm one of the Weyrlingmaster Assistants."

Poking his nose closer to Casa, Armath gave a disgruntled sniff, Not all golds are boy-crazy airheads, and a dragon will always Impress the right person, regardless of what he or she thinks about it. M'din could feel a wave of displeasure in his mind when the blonde girl mentioned queen dragons in a negative light. The brown couldn't handle anyone badmouthing golds in any capacity, even a purely innocent one like Casa's misguided displeasure concerning their femininity.

M'din sheepishly grinned, "He's right, and I have to admit that Armath did all the work when it came to my Impression. I was twenty-two turns and thought I would never be chosen to be a rider, but Armath proved me wrong. So who knows? Maybe you'll have a brown Hatchling one day too."

Browns have excellent taste, you know.

The talk of Hatchings brought M'din's mind back to the current clutches on the sands, a massive group far larger than any he'd ever seen, numbering thirty-five eggs. The brownrider couldn't begin to imagine the chaos nearly three dozen dragonets would bring, but he knew Jayedi would be able to reign in the madness with a few cutting glances and sharper words. He'd no doubt the Weyrlingmaster kept a short leash and only required his assistance for the menial task she couldn't be bothered to deal with and, quite frankly, M'din was fine with his subservient position. He would be more than happy to be a Weyrling wrangler and note taker. 

"Why do you want to be a rider?" he asked, lounging back onto his elbows. M'din enjoyed hearing the answers hopeful Candidates, and it would certainly give him some insight into Casa when she became one of his students. 

Casa
of Gold Thallyath

Date of Birth
16.11.720 AL, 24
Height
5'3
Eyes
Green
Build
Slim, petite
Hair
Blonde, shoulder length

Threads

Casa seemed torn between being cowed and rebelling when the brown dragon butted at her with his nose, frowning and blowing air at him with a playful swat (that missed on purpose). Still, if a brown had something to say, then she ought to listen. They weren't often too wrong. Maybe she just didn't get to know any of the golds. And maybe there were solid ones. Just as long as she wasn't expected to put on a damnable dress and dance around with guests, she'd take anything that chose her. She just didn't want to be forced into being a girly girl. Ugh.

Turning to M'din, she tilted her head to the side, staring at the water. Sitting still was nice. She brought her thoughts back in, a grudging respect filling her voice. "Dragonriders are what keep us all safe, or so Papa says," she murmured, eyes still on the flowing river. "They also have the capability to be useful, and they make sure you are never alone. I don't want to be alone forever." She glanced up at him, eyes steady. "I was alone enough as a child."

She then slid her eyes back over to the brown, locking her gaze onto him. "Dragons are wonderful creatures, smart and going to great lengths to do what they think is right or important. I feel the same way. They can also be used for great evil, or so I've heard...but I'd never let that happen to me or my dragon. We would help anyone who needed it." She rubbed at her stitches self conciously.

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)