World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

What's the Story, Morning Glory? [S'jin]

Casa
of Gold Thallyath

Date of Birth
16.11.720 AL, 24
Height
5'3
Eyes
Green
Build
Slim, petite
Hair
Blonde, shoulder length

Threads

Written By: ThistleProse
Noon meal, and boy was Dae famished. She had been working out in the fields since just after breakfast, weeding and watering to make sure crops were growing appropriately. It wasn't complicated work, but it was hard - it required endurance, to constantly bend over and check each and every plant. She didn't mind it though - the smell of growing things was one of her favorite things about the chore in general. However, it did tend to get a bit messy, and Casa hated being dirty. So after she had finished, she had had to rush to the bath halls to scrub herself off and change her clothes.

By the time she slid into the hall, stomach rumbling, lunch had already been served and people were busy chowing down. She stared around, frowning as she looked for a spot where there was still food to be found. She noticed one of the tables in a back corner looked mostly unoccupied, so she started heading over that. As she watched, one of the weyrfolk brought out a fresh platter of wherry meat and meatrolls. Grinning, she pounced onto the food, loading up a plate and tearing into it.

As she begin to eat with gusto, the crowds around her begin to clear out, returning to their various duties. It gave her a bit more time to eat, and she slowed down, finally remembering to chew again. The hall continued to empty out, and she sat back as she loaded her plate a second time, this time with meatrolls that she planned to take her time on. As she glanced around the more hollowed out room, she noticed one of the few people still left with her - a rider that looked vaguely familiar, and very lonely. Without a pause, she picked up her plate and trotted over, sitting down near him and smiling brightly. No one should have to sit by themselves at lunch! "Hi there, I'm Casa!" she declared, beaming up at him cheerfully.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Archived
S'jin had been in silent contemplation with Araith and not really paying attention to the food on his plate. His green flit Lana was sitting on his shoulder while the golden beauty Minx was wrapped around his neck.  His brown flit Claus was of course fluttering about in the ceiling waiting to be called down to get his snack. All three were being amazing well behaved today probably cause S'jin had been a bit  down lately. After Araith first Flight which was amazing to say the least he couldn't believe who won. That was like the best flight ever at least in his eyes.  Probably more so cause he had feeling for the winner  even though he tried to deny it  in his head. 

He didn't notice the young girl  when she approached and he barely noticed when she sat down next to him.  It wasn't till she spoke that he noticed here and he looked up quietly as she introduced herself.  Lana squaked in protest at the sudden movement that she wasn't exspecting. But Minx just looked on with swirling eyes. " I'm S'jin rider of green Araith." He replied softly back to her wanting to be polite. S'jin was always pretty polite and did enjoy talking to people sometimes. Even though he was more shy about starting a conversation out of the blue. "It is very nice to meet you. Are you one of the candidates"

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Casa
of Gold Thallyath

Date of Birth
16.11.720 AL, 24
Height
5'3
Eyes
Green
Build
Slim, petite
Hair
Blonde, shoulder length

Threads

When he looked up, Dae blinked and tilted her head curiously. He looked vaguely familiar; maybe he was one of the green or blueriders? She wasn't great at keeping them all straight in her head - there were so many dragons all over the Weyr. And not being privy to lessons or many good reasons to spend time around the riders, she had to really work to keep them all straight. When he introduced himself, she smiled softly. "S'jin of Green Araith." Ha, she had been right!

"It's a pleasure to meet you. I hope you don't mind...you looked kind of lonely over here." She glanced up then at the three firelizards, blinking slowly. "Then again...I didn't notice them right off hand...maybe you weren't as alone as I thought." She eyed the gold sitting around his neck, her curiosity piqued. She'd never been this close to a Gold firelizard...they are so pretty! This one seemed to be watching her pretty closely, so she stared right back.

"If you are busy, I can go...I was more interested in making sure you weren't sad or something. No one should have to eat by themselves or be sad." She switched her gaze to the green one who had made that delightful sound when she had showed up. A lot of the weyrfolks seemed to not like the little things, but they were so endearing! And they looked just like tiny dragons.

"May I...may I offer them a treat?" If there was one way to get a creature to like you, it was with food - she had heard one of the women say so. That may have been in reference to a man...but surely it worked like that with firelizards? Dragons liked food during Hatchings! She broke one of her meatrolls in half, cautiously waiting for permission before she just stuck her hand out. After all, she didn't want to offend them, especially the little gold beauty.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

S'jin smiled brightly " Its quite alright. I generally eat along cause some don't like these little beauties and I like to keep them with me so i usually come later so that most are leaving as i come in to eat. " S'jin explains softly. 

He whistles softly and  Claus lands softly on the table by his plate and Lana and Minx joins him.  Lana chirps softly in greeting.  Minx steps down and continues to watch the girl with her eyes but notices the food and looks from S'jin to the girl  with a soft chirp.  Its almost like she asking even though she the younger flit of the three  she seems to have the more manners and awareness.

S'jin nodds softly " Yes you may give them a treat. " As he points to Lana and Minx. He holds out  a treat for Claus. He  knows that Claus is more greedy then the girls so  he wouldn't want the girl to feed the glutton. He also didn't have as much manners as he tore into his  half of meatroll.

The girls love to have their eye ridges scratched. They don't mind being touched as they eat.  Now Claus here on the other hand doesn't have that good of manners.  He points to the messy brown as he eats his treat.

Casa
of Gold Thallyath

Date of Birth
16.11.720 AL, 24
Height
5'3
Eyes
Green
Build
Slim, petite
Hair
Blonde, shoulder length

Threads

"Well, I think they are lovely. They look just like dragons, but they are so tiny!" She bent down over the table, taking the meatroll in her hands and breaking it into two even pieces. Putting one in each hand, she reached each one out to the two tiny creatures slowly, so they wouldn't startle. She sat very still until they took the pieces from her, giggling as she watched them work on their snacks. They were so dainty, especially the Gold. The brown on the other hand, was quite a little pig. She was fond of all of them.

Once the tiny creatures had finished their snacks, she reached out again to try her hand at scratching their eye ridges. She reached out and ran her fingers over the eyeridges of the little queen and her smaller green companion. Maybe she'd have to look at getting one of these things, provided she could find one. She had heard eggs weren't uncommon, but they were kind of expensive. She'd have to see if she could find some eggs maybe.

While she focused on the little creatures in front of her, she answered the question he had asked. "I'm not a candidate, least not officially...I'm just a weyrbrat. My father is a bluerider here." She shrugged. "I know I could technically stand, but I mean, that's what Searches are for. I figured...if I was meant to be a candidate, maybe someone would tell me. I don't feel like one. Besides, I have no idea what dragons look for in people."

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

S'jin smiled as the flits got attention from the young girl. They so do love to have people pay attention to them specially Minx. After all she thinks she'll all that and a bubbly pie.  Lana she's a bit more of a homebody but she also enjoys attention. and Claus here he's still a bit on the wild side and likes to show off most the time. "

He reached out and rubbed along Claus neck  and the scratched behind his  eye ridges as he cooed softly in contentment.  He knew that while Claus was a bit wild and more energenic of the three he also could be the most loving when he was in the mood to be.  He was more of a food demanding soul and would do just about anything to get feed. He even learned to do tricks to get more people to give him food.  If only it wasn't for his deplorable table manners.

S'jin chuckled again. " It was about a year ago that i asked myself that same thing just what do hatchlings look for in  us. I'm still not sure i even understand what Araith saw in me when she picked me but i'm sure she has her reasons. But once it happens you wonder how you could even doubt that  it would.

Casa
of Gold Thallyath

Date of Birth
16.11.720 AL, 24
Height
5'3
Eyes
Green
Build
Slim, petite
Hair
Blonde, shoulder length

Threads

She nodded slowly, thinking. Maybe dragons just knew what they wanted. A lot of people had unique personalities, and sometimes they had traits that were the same. More often than not, they had traits were completely opposite. It seemed that if they were going on personality, the dragons were in a situation of hoping their ideal was there.

She continued to stroke the little firelizards surrounding her, admiring them. They were lovely. Eggs seemed to pop up occasionally around the weyr - sometimes people had 'lizards who had clutches, and sometimes they were found in the wild. It was another luck of the draw thing. Maybe, she thought idly, that was why there weren't many dragons. Everything seemed so chancy.

"Where did you find them?" she asked curiously, rubbing down the spine of the green softly. "And did they hatch together? Or separately?" She stopped talking after this, knowing she must sound like she was rambling. But seriously, how did someone end up with three of these beauties? She'd be lucky if she could get one of them!

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)