World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

Early Mornings [Open]

Casa
of Gold Thallyath

Date of Birth
16.11.720 AL, 24
Height
5'3
Eyes
Green
Build
Slim, petite
Hair
Blonde, shoulder length

Threads

Written By: ThistleProse
Casa woke with a start as a heavy drumroll of thunder echoed through the Lower Caverns. Blinking blearily, she rolled over and sat up slowly, glancing around the room and squinting as her eyes adjusted to the dim light. It was clearly very early morning; everything was still and quiet, except for the heavy rain pouring outside. She shrugged into her tunic and trousers slowly, a yawn creeping from her; after a moment, she slipped on her boots and begin to quietly pad out of the sleeping quarters, absentmindedly flipping her furs over the bed in a half-earnest attempt to straighten them out.

She ran her hands through her hair and pushed the thick mess out of her face as she headed for the kitchens; chances were, a small group of the kitchen folk were awake, prepping food for cooking. With the heavy rains, chances for going out into the garden were diminished to slim, so she might as well help with what there was to do. Slipping into the kitchen, she made a beeline for the klah pot, pouring herself a large mug.

Sipping on the mug and wrapping her fingers around the mug appreciatively, she looked over the workload. It looked like sweet rolls were an option, and there was fresh fruit that needed slicing and prepping for the breakfast rush. She got to work, picking up her knife and beginning to slice the pile of succulent and juicy produce waiting for attention. As she worked, she thought about her dreams; she had been dreaming of dragon wings, before the heavy sound of the storm outside had pulled her back to reality. She wondered idly what it was like to actually ride on a dragon as more than a passenger. Having lived around them her whole life didn't mean she'd ever ride one in that capacity, after all.

Shrugging off her musing, she loaded the sliced fruit onto a tray and grabbed a basket of fresh rolls. She sidled out to the dining area, setting it down in the nearly empty room along with the pot of klah she had kidnapped. Might as well enjoy the quiet before the girls woke up, she mused as she wrinkled her nose and sipped from her mug with a soft sigh.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Deceased
Casa was not the only one who had been woken by the storm.  Despite the rain, Aparicus pulled on a heavy shawl and her wide-brimmed hat.  Her shared hut was not connected directly to the Dining Hall and she had plans of making sure her spice garden was not going to need her direct attention to keep from flooding.  After her turns here, however, she’d learned how to build the little garden for drainage during the rain-filled months so when she walked by its little fence (courtesy of a very strange green-rider) she didn’t have to stay long to know that the plants would be fine.

Entering the dining hall, the farmcrafter took off her wide-brimmed hat to shake off the water as she looked at the sparse gathering of people.  That was the best thing about these early morning hours – the danger of bumping elbows with someone was dramatically lower as the Weyr continued to sleep.  Spotting a young girl with what seemed to be a whole pot of Klah to herself, Apari chuckled quietly and made her way into the kitchen.  When she exited, she had a glass of juice in one hand and her hat in the other.

Sitting across from the young girl, Apari made a point of setting her hat in the empty seat beside her, hoping it would discourage anyone from sitting there as she took a sip from her juice.  “My, a whole pot of Klah to yourself?  You must have a busy day ahead of you.”  Aparicus said in attempts to make easy conversation.  Her voice had a note of happiness to it despite the weather outside.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Casa
of Gold Thallyath

Date of Birth
16.11.720 AL, 24
Height
5'3
Eyes
Green
Build
Slim, petite
Hair
Blonde, shoulder length

Threads

She found herself sitting there in the quiet for some time, bouncing between half-asleep and half-awake as she listened to the thunder and heavy rain outside. No crucial outdoor chores would happen today, she mused, which wasn't really a bad thing. She didn't want to go clean up debris. Or muck stalls. Or...her eyes slid closed for a moment, but she blinked back awake at another heavy roll of thunder, sending shivers down her spine. She drained the last of her mug before refilling it, shaking her head.

However, it wasn't long that she was without company. One of the other Weyrfolks came in from the rain, looking much more awake and cheerful than she did. She vanished into the kitchen, and Casa begin to forget about her, but then she was back, and sitting down. Normally, she was as much the socialite as her new companion, but not enough sleep or klah made her blink stupidly for a moment before she got the cogs moving enough to realize there was conversation happening. This person was being friendly, and she wanted to return the favor, even if her brain was struggling with the concept.

"Mmf." She instantly beat herself in the back of her mind. Mmf?! That wasn't even a word! "I don't know what sort of chores we'll get yet; I highly doubt I'll be out picking herbs or tilling fields, though." She managed a half-grin, taking a liking to the woman. This was the sort of personality she could really grow to like. She offered the pot forward, setting it down after refilling her mug for a third time. Her eyes begin to burn a little less, and she could feel the caffeine start to do its job as the fog in her mind cleared a little. Chuckling and yawning, she smiled tiredly at the woman. "'M Casa. It's nice to meetcha!"

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Apari could tell that the younger girl was struggling with wakefulness and she couldn’t help but giggle a bit as the girl turned groggy eyes in her direction and fumbled around with words.  “Well hopefully that Klah will be a pick-me-up.”  Noticing the plate full of sweetrolls and fruit, Apari pointed one of her few straight fingers at it from a gnarled hand.  “If not, the sugar there will certainly do the trick.  Mind if I have one?”

When Casa gave the okay, Aparicus carefully reached out and caught the edge of the plate, sliding it a little bit further from Casa and a little bit closer to herself before gingerly taking a sweetroll from the very edge of the plate.  Thanking the girl, she scooted the plate back again just as carefully before she pulled the first small piece off the sweetroll and popped it into her mouth.

“Mmm, Good choice.”  She said with a smile.  As if the fact that Apari had taken a bite of food was public knowledge, a bronze lizard came skittering across the table and it wasn’t until he started to shake the water off his wings to the yelp and surprise of the farmcrafter would one realize that it was a firelizard and not just another southern reptile.  The little male was much more serpentine in length than most firelizards and certainly looked too snake-like to be considered a cousin to any of the larger dragons.

Even so, he promptly curled a tail around Apari’s slender wrists before pulling her wrist down and sniffing at the sweetroll in her fingers.  “I really don’t think you’ll like that.  There isn’t a sliver of meat anywhere in it.”  The bronze was apparently unbelieving as he took a bite, chewed and realized she’d been right as he spit it back out again.

Casa
of Gold Thallyath

Date of Birth
16.11.720 AL, 24
Height
5'3
Eyes
Green
Build
Slim, petite
Hair
Blonde, shoulder length

Threads

She blinked her permission for the sweetrolls, honestly having forgotten about them. It was that kinda morning. As Aparicus carefully grabbed one with her hands, Casa made a note to be polite and not asked what happened. She wouldn't normally, but with the filters in her brain not being 100% on just yet, a reminder wouldn't hurt. And she didn't care what happened either way; this woman seemed very nice, and it wasn't her business. But still better to not toe that line.

Grabbing one herself and biting down into it, she sighed a happy sigh. Sugar and cinnamon spilled across her tongue, and she perked up noticeably. It was best when they were fresh like this, and could be thoroughly enjoyed. It was even better when it was miserable and cold outside, like this morning, to help take the edge off. She took a second bite of it, licking the excess frosting from her lips and licking her fingers appreciatively.

As if on cue, the bronze popped out of thin air, and Casa almost startled, her fingers tightening around her mug. As he landed, she was surprised to see how different he looked than most of the flitters around the Weyr. This gave her a reminder to go check the eggs when she was up and moving around, and she watched him approach the sweetroll with a wry smile on her face. When he took a bite - and promptly spat it back out - she laughed, her eyes dancing in amusement. "Little lizard, that isn't a meat treat! Just wait till lunch, they will likely do roast meat then." She looked up at Apari. "What's his name?"

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Between the bronze’s antics and the young girls contagious laughter, Apari couldn’t help but let out a light laugh herself as she took her own bite of the sweetroll that the bronze was now making a point to ignore.  As Casa spoke to the firelizard about roasted meat, he gave her his attention, tilting his head to the side as if listening intently.  Apari couldn’t help but giggle again. 

“His name is Cinnamon.  And I’m sorry, I forgot to introduce myself.  My name is Aparicus.  I tend the spice garden behind the kitchens.”  She offered with a smile, though no hand was extended in formalities.  The farmcrafter knew that there was a certain amount of rudeness that she was giving off every time she didn’t offer her hand, but when the situation was pressing enough she would have curtsied instead.  Either way, she had a feeling the younger girl wouldn’t mind either way.  Not like a ranking adult might have.

“With all the rain we are getting this season, I sure hope you know how to swim.  We’ll be needing boats if this keeps up.”  She said in jest.  In truth, Apari loved to watch the children play around the Weyr, but she never let herself get near the younger ones who hadn’t yet learned personal space or were too over-trusting.  She felt Casa was the perfect age to speak and joke with though.  Why, she looked the same age as some of the boys who were beginning to attend candidate classes.

Casa
of Gold Thallyath

Date of Birth
16.11.720 AL, 24
Height
5'3
Eyes
Green
Build
Slim, petite
Hair
Blonde, shoulder length

Threads

Casa nodded agreeably. "Cinnamon is a good name for him! He's a good color. It's nice to meetcha, Aparicus." She beamed, her brain already thinking. She was in charge of all the really good spices, the stuff that made baking pies and cooking stews taste so good. From what she heard, some of those plants were delicate, so it couldn't be easy. She had respect for someone who had to deal with delicate or complex jobs.

When Cinnamon tilted his head, she grinned and shook her finger. "No roast wherry for you unless you are nice, little firelizard!" she teased, licking the last of the frosting of her fingers contently. Her odd dreams and half-awake feeling had vanished to be replaced with cheerful smiles and happy new friendships. When Apari mentioned the amount of rain, Dae wrinkled her nose. "As long as it eventually dries out, I'll be content...I don't want to have to deal with all the mud. When it rains tons, we have to scrub mud out of EVERYTHING." She sighed dramatically, shaking her head.

"So...what kinda things do you grow? I like plants!" She had seen some of the things that got used for cooking, like klah. It came from a tree though. "Do they flower or turn funny colors? Some plants look ridiculous, like purple or burnt orange, and they can stain too. Once I picked some flowers and they stained my best tunic red for weeks..." She had gotten in trouble for that one - it had been practically brand new. Besides, she was willing to bet Aparicus would talk all about her plants. Most people liked to talk about what they did or enjoyed.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

After such a suppressive childhood, Apari loved to find someone willing to have a harmless conversation and this young girl was willing to do just that.  She really needed to find the courage to talk to children more often!  Absolutely delighted, she smiled and nodded vigorously in agreement.  “His color is why I’d chosen that name for him.”

Smiling as Cinnamon gave the girl a snort in response and disappeared off the table and into Aparicus’ lap, she shrugged to indicate that the bronze was not the most social of firelizards.  Well, that was not completely true.  He could throw a tantrum with the best of greens if he felt someone was upsetting her.  It seemed that he’d found Casa an unlikely threat.

Ah, the mud.  Yes, that was something Aparicus tended to forget came with the rain.  As a farmcrafter, she was in the dirt throughout most of her days already.  She did give Casa a sympathetic nod though and made a mental note to herself to check her boots the next time she came in from the gardens.

“Oh all kinds of plants.”  She answered.  “Mint, Basil, Cinnamon…  Just about any plant that can be used in cooking fresh or dried.  In fact, I have a whole workroom that I use in the crafter’s hall for drying spices for the kitchens.  What I love to do most though is starting fresh shoots.  Whenever we have a demand for more of a plant than our gardens can handle, I start new plants growing to make sure we have enough without hurting what plants we have by collecting too much.  I even help with a lot of the herbs in the healers garden.”

That made her falter a moment in memory.  Working in the healers herb garden had almost gotten her into a lot more trouble than she’d have ever wished for when Weyrleader D’ren had been poisoned.  She still remembered vividly how fearful she had been when she’d stumbled upon a suspect list to find her own name upon it just because of her knowledge of herbs.  Shaking her head, she tried to bring herself out of the past and back into the present.

Hearing about how flowers had stained the girls tunic, Apari laughed again.  “Oh yes, some you do have to be careful with.  It took me a long time to get into the habit of wearing gloves.  My hands use to look pretty strange stained so many different colors.”

Casa
of Gold Thallyath

Date of Birth
16.11.720 AL, 24
Height
5'3
Eyes
Green
Build
Slim, petite
Hair
Blonde, shoulder length

Threads

Casa perked up at the thought of making new plants. She wondered how that worked....she'd never seen seeds from any of the herbs! That didn't mean there weren't though. She'd never seen anyone plant seeds for a fruit tree (and they DID have seeds) but the forest and grounds were covered in them. She made a mental note about seeing these drying racks in the Crafter's Hall sometime. She could imagine it now, each group lying out, the smell in the air kind of sweet and just a touch spicy....

She blinked, looking back at Aparicus with a soft smile. "I bet your hands were pretty. Some of the plants are so pretty, and they have bright colors. I've been told that is how some of the clothing dyes get made. I guess herbs are more versatile than I thought...more than just cooking and healing. But it makes sense. We use plants for a lot of things." She glanced back out to the entrance of the hall; the rain was still pouring down. She took another sip from her cup, cuddling it close and grateful for the fact that it held warmth.

"So how did you get Cinnamon?" The subject of firelizards had always fascinated her. Sometimes eggs were found - she grinned brightly at the thought - and sometimes they were gifts. There were enough firelizards in the Weyr it was hard to tell when there was a flight as opposed to the little buggers just flying and chasing each other all over the place. Cinnamon seemed more typical - food driven, close to his bonded - instead of the more friendly and curious ones she'd met. Then again, they were a lot like dragons, so it wasn't completely surprising to hear they had such varied personalities.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

“I found him.”  She said with a smile before pausing and realizing that wasn’t quite an answer.  “Actually I had found his egg.  There were two eggs that myself and another candidate had found when the whole candidate class was sent off on a camping trip.  I’m still not sure who thought that was a good idea, bit that was when the flits started showing up around the Weyr.”

She said with a smile as she worked at finishing her sweetroll.  “I figured it was a Wherry egg at first, but everyone was spreading rumors about firelizard eggs and, well, I couldn’t bring myself to eat it for breakfast.  Now I’m glad I didn’t.”

Short post is short.  T_T  Sorry for the terrible reply. 

Casa
of Gold Thallyath

Date of Birth
16.11.720 AL, 24
Height
5'3
Eyes
Green
Build
Slim, petite
Hair
Blonde, shoulder length

Threads

Camping trip, hmm? She vaguely remembered hearing about trips like that happening, but they never seemed to her like they would be a great idea unless it was well planned. That wasn't to say they weren't well planned but...some people didn't like camping! And food. And injuries. And...well, she could think of several reasons why taking ALL the candidates wasn't great. But it was what it was.

"Well, I'm glad you found him! He's charming, even if he hates sweetrolls." She giggled at the thought of the face he'd made, sighing contently. "Hey, Aparicus! Can I come see the herbs and the gardens and stuff? I like dirt, and I like plants, and I don't mind getting messy." It wasn't ideal weather, but she was awake enough now that even if Apari wanted to do it now, she'd be willing enough. The thought of mud wasn't great, but it was a sure way to guarantee a long, hot bath later. And if she proved to be good at it...she could see it now. Herb garden for outdoor work! That'd be great. She bet there was a lot that could be learned about cooking from plants too.

"I mean...I've never seen herbs have seeds, and you mentioned taking care of them, so maybe you could show me how you plant them. And how they get used. And how they need caring!" She was more excited now. She could even try to grow some herself, maybe. A tiny garden of her own. If she ever had firelizards or kids or something, then she could definitely have them help. And it would make her stuff and her home smell good. Very few plants smelled bad, she had noticed. 

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

“Well…”  Aparicus replied slowly as she considered letting the girl help her for the morning.  Aparicus did prefer to work alone in her workroom or garden and many people allowed her.  Whether it was because they simply knew about her phobia or simply were not interested in where the spices came from, the woman couldn’t say.  She was very tempted to tell the girl that it was alright, she didn’t need any help with her craft but the girl seemed genuinely curious and eager to help. 

Lifting a gnarled hand to her mouth, she chewed on her thumb nail for a moment as she looked around the Hall and glanced out the doors to the rain outside.  She could easily use the rain as an excuse… but truth be told she did have a few things she had wanted to do today in the workroom and a little rain never hurt anybody.

“Alright.”  She said, giving in and for the first time actually accepting help.  She was half tempted to add in the condition that it was only as long as the girl kept at arms length the whole time… but Apari really hated to sound crazy and that was exactly how she felt some people in the Weyr looked at her.  At least Casa seemed old enough to not be a clingy child and she seemed young enough to still have an innocent mind.  Apari should be safe for a short time with the girl.

“Do I need to tell anyone that you’ll be helping me this morning so you don’t get in trouble for skipping chores?”  she asked, glancing back toward the kitchens. It was still really early, but even the Northeners had chores to do.  Apari was one of the lucky few who was more often than not simply signed up for her own craft-work.  Many of the northen crafters were still rotated around other duties and she half expected that it had become practice to leave Apari to her own devices under D’ren’s influence and her phobia.  She certainly never complained about it.

Casa
of Gold Thallyath

Date of Birth
16.11.720 AL, 24
Height
5'3
Eyes
Green
Build
Slim, petite
Hair
Blonde, shoulder length

Threads

Casa watched the woman raise her twisted hand to chew on her nail nervously. Keeping a relaxed face, she waited as patiently as she could, trying not to fidget or glance at her hand. It was hard to not just ask what happened, but Casa had learned when she was little that it was rude to stare and ruder to ask personal questions. However, Aparicus seemed nervous about people in general, so she would make to sure be as agreeable as she could.

"I was assigned to kitchen prep, which I mostly helped with last night. Breakfast is easy peasy." She gestured emptily at the sweetroll platter and the pitchers, shrugging. "Besides, with a brief word, I can let them know where I am if they need me. If you'll excuse me for just a second, I'll go double check to make sure it's okay...." She gathered up her dishes and took them into the kitchen. Catching a look from one of the women, she trotted over, asking if she could help Aparicus with the herbs this morning.

The woman shot a look out at her new friend, nodding stiffly. "Just'n be careful, the woman likes her space. A bit odd, that one. And don't be surprised if she sends you back." Casa burst into a grin, nodding agreeably and filing the new information away to make good use of. She could handle space - she'd been told to watch from a distance for lotsa crafts before, this one wouldn't be too different. Skipping back out, she waited by the edge of the table. "I'm clear for it! Ready whenever you are."

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)