World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

Idle Hands

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Archived
What an eventful turn it has been so far.

I'shan came gliding into one of the many kitchen store rooms with purpose, his bright eyes skimming the room eagerly for something to drink. The bluerider stood undaunted by the late hour. He was restless and bored. A warm summer night was the perfect occasion for social drinking.

But I'shanIlveriath crooned like a summer breeze, You are alone

No matter I'shan thought as he selected a bottle of wine and poured himself a glass. It pleased him so that the Weyr had vintners again, for he'd gone far too long without the sweet white wines that he preferred. He set his glowbasket down on a nearby counter-top and seated himself beside it, unconcerned by what would have been a breach of etiquette if he had company. Besides, I'm not alone. I'm never alone

There was no ulterior motive compelling the bluerider to drink alone. He was simply bored, and when bored he had a tendency to do whatever struck his fancy.  At the moment, this was it. He took a long sip and followed it with a lengthy, contented sigh. Outside, Ilveriath perched atop the building, his eyes reflecting calm green in the moonlight.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

This Weyr still didn't feel like home to Erisi. He hadn't returned to his usual habits, even singing was rare for him now. He wasn't depressed, he just wasn't the sort of person to be dragged down by his situation. Erisi could overcome this new Weyr life if he wanted to, but the truth remained that he didn't. He didn't want to adjust, he did not want to acclimate to his new surroundings. He was more stubborn than a watchwher, and no one could change his attitude but himself. So, his usual lifestyle of living it up had changed drastically to fit his new avoidance personality. He didn't want to socialize with other dragonriders and weyrfolk, so he did not drink. He certainly didn't want to taint himself by sleeping with them either. Some things didn't change from his old self, though, he remained loyal to the very few friends he had. He was still as opinionated and stubborn as ever. His intellect hadn't changed, but he felt far less inclined to act intelligently in a place he felt was entirely glowless.

To put things simply, Erisi was just refusing to change, and the worst part of it was that he could. He could make his own life so much easier for himself right now, but his righteous hate for Katile Weyr held him back.

It wasn't much of a surprise that instead of drinking with his peers late at night, he was planning to drink on his own. Erisi was honestly a social drinker, and drinking alone did not make much sense to him. But, desperate times called for desperate measures. Erisi was a bit of a night owl, and he needed something direly to pass the time with (since he couldn't seem to find anyone decent to accompany himself with lately). The young man wasn't expecting company, and opened a half-cracked door all the way to enter a storage room that he knew was filled with wine he enjoyed drinking.

It really wasn't his fault that he ran straight into I'shan's back. The young man recoiled violently, having given himself a sharding heart attack with the sudden appearance of another figure in the same room he had entered. Erisi twisted back, a hand clutched to his chest as he exclaimed an impressive stream of expletives. It was such an amazing run of curse words that he didn't bother to even check and see who it was that he had run into. Doubtlessly I'shan would recognize the voice, he had probably heard every curse flung in his direction in about the same span of time as Erisi was accomplishing now. At least he would know that this was a common thing for the young Harper, for him to curse until he ran out of breath.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

I'shan was completely startled by the impact. Too busy daydreaming and mulling over his sweet selection, he pitched to one side as the young man collided with him, the wine glass tumbling to the floor and leaving it's contents pooled on the countertop. I'shan let out an airy gasp and spun around swiftly, eyes wide in alarm.

"Oh!" he said, placing his hand on his chest and stifling a snort of laughter. He recognized that voice all right, and the tirade of swearing that came with it. Erisi. The biggest mistake I'shan had ever made.

The bluerider scratched the back of his head idly and offered a slow, almost insulting nonchalant shrug. "You startled me," he said warmly, his eyes flashing between Erisi and his fallen wine. Oh well. Someone would clean it up eventually.

It would be unwise to taunt the boy, love Ilveriath advised. He is quite sore with you still, in spite of the passing time.

I'shan didn't doubt it, but it was worth a try. "Long time no see, Erisi," he said, extending one hand. "How have you been?" Did a small part of him hope for a negative reaction, even though he knew it shouldn't? Hell yes it did.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Wait a second.

Wait a sharding second.

He recognized that voice. The stream of cuss words flowing from his thin lips came to an abrupt stop. The young man took a second to himself to suck in a deep breath, which was supposed to calm him but instead only seemed to agitate more. He turned back to face I'shan, the tail of his sash swishing against the outside of his thigh. The expression on his face was one that I'shan had been greeted with before, when Erisi first woke up on Candidate Isle. When he had been first singled out by I'shan up in the Northern Continent, he had been drunk, and thus, far more likable than the real Erisi was. The young man now was a stark contrast to the complacent and happy Harper I'shan had first spotted. There was a distinctly feral look to his bright blue eyes, and the lines of his face were hard.

Whatever hope I'shan held out for that this meeting would be confrontational would be met. I'shan shouldn't really be surprised - Erisi hated his guts. He hated every inch of the attractive man, and for all he sharding cared, I'shan was perfectly nice. That didn't excuse kidnapping him, robbing him of his family and his career. Never mind that all of his good clothes got left behind too (that was a more minor issue, but Erisi felt it needed to be brought to light too). Erisi seemed to be determined already to be completely hostile towards I'shan. It had been a resolution he had made to himself since first coming to Katila Weyr.

He was never going to stop hating I'shan for what he did to him.

He wasn't like Talian. He couldn't forgive someone because they were nice and they were trying to guide him smoothly through this change in his life. They were the very cause of this change, a change that had never needed to happen! Erisi held grudges, usually for Turns. I'shan was in for one long ride if he was even remotely invested in dealing with Erisi. There would be no progress with someone like the Harper.  He was too dignified to allow it. "Splendid," he hissed, not bothering to shake I'shan's hand. If anything, he recoiled a little from the gesture. His arms moved to cross against his chest, successfully blocking any attempt for friendly hand-shaking, or something just as sickeningly nice as that.

"I'm really enjoying the empty feeling where my old life and happiness was, before you know, you ripped it out of my for-Faranth-sharding-sake's chest."

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

I'shan's eyes widened momentarily with indignant anger, but Ilveriath quickly quelled it. He has every right to resent us, I'shan the blue said, his words mellow and kind in spite of their grim nature. I'shan inhaled sharply and withdrew his hand, eyes narrowing slowly and body relaxing into a lazy, uncooperative posture. I suppose you are right he said in reply, gaze never drifting from Erisi. Through I'shan's eyes, Ilveriath stared as well.

"Erisi,"I'shan said, taking a step forward.  He enjoyed watching Erisi's little recoil. I'shan reflected the search that yielded Erisi, thinking it a wonder that he didn't realize how cantankerous Erisi was before actually collecting him. It couldn't be called unfortunate, since Erisi still stood a chance of Impression. A grumpy dragonrider was still a dragonrider. I'shan had done his duty to the Weyr.

He would not apologize for that.

"It sucks, doesn't it?" I'shan said in a catty tone, shifting his weight to one leg and setting his hands on his hips. "As I've explained before, friend, I didn't ask for the job. I merely performed it."  In all honesty, he was taken aback by Erisi's ranting. He'd expected a passive aggressive jab or something along those lines, not an outright explosion. "But I see that you're still alive, and by all appearances healthy..."

Ilveriath ruffled his wings. Do not torment him, I'shan he requested politely. He didn't think his rider was trying to upset Erisi, but more defend himself. That was a problem, because that was going to get out of hand.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Unfortunately, Erisi had no calming voice resounding in his head, advising him to take a step back and clear his head. I'shan had Ilveriath to fall back on, and Erisi only had himself. He liked to think that was all he actually needed. Erisi had done just fine by himself, up until he let himself get kidnapped by some dimglowed, wherry-ass-sniffing, brown-nosed dragonrider. However, Erisi was sorely lacking a voice of reason in those moments where he got truly upset. Usually, he was intelligent enough to know when to back down. Right now, he just didn't care. He hated the man who was standing in front of him, and he felt very inclined to let that hate be known.

I'shan had taken a single step closer to Erisi, and while instinct egged him on to take a step back to put some space between them, Erisi firmly held his ground. He was not going to be pushed around by a sharding Searchrider. His fingers tightened against the folds of his sleeves, lips sealing themselves in a firm, unmovable line. Every inch of his posture screamed towards hostility, and if he was pressed too much, he would respond. He hated I'shan enough to suffer through more time spent on Candidate Isle if the man pissed him off enough that he had to retaliate.

"I don't think you have any right to call me 'friend'," Erisi answered with an unwavering, hushed tone. It was a step up from his first vehement response to realizing who it was in the storage room with him. A larger step up would be for Erisi to turn around and leave, but he hated the idea of backing down to I'shan. He especially wasn't backing down with how I'shan was talking to him. Their meeting was at a huge risk at spiraling downwards. It was already appearing to do just that.

"Physically, I'm a sharding dandy. I'm as healthy as I can whoop-dee-sharding-doo be. I don't think that's by far as questionable as how I'm emotionally and mentally doing. So thanks for caring about, but I properly don't give a wherry's ass about it." Erisi had a habit of talking in such a way that every word was mocking, belittling I'shan for pointing out the obvious. He didn't care that the man was trying to remain on decent terms with him. I'shan was going to have to try a whole lot harder than that.

"So, since it looks like you need things to be explained to you very carefully before it'll seep into your thick dragonrider skull. I am not your friend. I do not like you. I hate this place. I hate nearly every inhabitant in here. I hate your methods of kidnapping, your inability to stand up and say 'No, this is wrong, I don't want to'. If I have to continue, you have some absolutely deplorable facial features that I could spend an entire sevenday elaborating on." The first few were valid complaints. It was clear by the last one that Erisi had lost patience entirely.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

I'shan crossed his arms and remained silent through Erisi's little rant. He understood it all of course, and imagined he'd feel much the same in that situation. But in the bluerider's mind, what's done was done. Why didn't Erisi just accept his fate and let go? There was much to enjoy about Weyr life.

The bluerider's face constricted, his own mouth becoming thin and his slender jaw set. "I don't expect you to like me, Erisi," he said in a tactically mild tone. He was half-intimidated by Erisi's hostile posture, a feeling which fueled the bluerider's indignant anger and made him all the more determined to stand strong. After all, Erisi was a candidate. A stolen. Compared to a rider, he ought to be a toy. Unwilling to be outdone, I'shan made a fluid step forward.

"But you're here now. Nothing I do or say can fix it, and  the same is true for you..." he said. His eyes narrowed more as Erisi continued, insulting everything about I'shan, from his livelihood to his physical appearance. I'shan produced a soft growl under his breath. His pride bruised, he closed his eyes for a few long moment to compose himself.

"Besides...judging by your reputation...I would think that Weyr life would be quite comfortable to you," he said with a scandalous smile.  "You should be right at home.  I mean, judging by your attitude alone, I might be inclined to think you were a proddy green," he purred.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

They were stuck in a sort of stalemate. Now that I'shan had advanced forward, he couldn't exactly let up without looking weak, just as Erisi couldn't step back and put some space between them without looking equally weak. There was a brief, but distinctly uncomfortable expression upon his face when I'shan took a more confident step forward. The expression was quickly stowed away, but there was a darkness to his eyes that spoke of that discomfort. He wanted to put some space between them, but his pride wouldn't allow for it. Erisi would stand his ground, because he absolutely hated the idea of losing face to someone like I'shan. He shifted his weight from one leg to another, trying to silently work out the uncanny jolt of nerves that were shooting through his mind. "So, then don't call me your friend," he answered acidly.

"That's a lie. There's a ton of things you can do, could do, but you won't. So don't stare me down and lie to my face. You could fix it if you wanted to, but you don't. You'd rather I suffer for your so-called 'greater good'. What you end up is with dangerously depressed Candidates, people who don't ever want to belong to this Weyr. The more people you take, the more you guys risk these stolen folks getting together to finally fix their problems." It wasn't like Erisi would ever lead a revolt, not now, especially since he wasn't exactly well-liked. But, it certainly sounded that way, which was entirely unintentional, but he wasn't about to retract words that were so freshly spoken.

It wasn't exactly an insult that I'shan had flung back at him, rather it was a fairly accurate estimate of Erisi's lifestyle. But, it hit with the sharp sting of an insult. I'shan, for all intents and purposes, was implying that Erisi very well belonged here. His cheeks flushed red with anger, his brows knitting downwards as emotions boiled underneath his skin. He would have hit I'shan, and he probably would have felt good about it, but he imagined a dragonrider was far better off in a fistfight than a Harper. So, he stayed his hand, though that didn't prevent it from curling into a fist against his chest. "You would like that, if I were a proddy green. Is that the only reason you kidnap people? So you can vent your physical frustrations on them. I certainly can't see anyone sleeping with such a foul person willingly," he finally hissed, unable to form an eloquent rebuttal to words that were fairly truthful.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

It was a good thing Erisi didn't call I'shan's bluff. The elegant bluerider was easily frightened by physical violence. Even now, his heart quivered in subtle but vivid fear, knowing well that he might be getting himself into trouble. Would the Weyrleaders ever forgive him if he got in a fight with his own candidate? Not likely, and he knew it. Still, his pride was at stake. Erisi's attitude was rotton and his words stung. On some level, I'shan knew that Erisi was right. Stealing candidates was wrong. What good would it do to apologize, though. Never again would Erisi trust the bluerider, and never again would any exchange between them be friendly. It was hardly worth groveling to the boy over a lost cause, mechanically repeating the same winded excuses that made sense to I'shan but would offer no consolation to Erisi.

"You'd be surprised!" he said promptly, pointing a thin finger at Erisi and smirking. He artfully sidestepped the political issues by going for the throat when it came to the personal ones. Arguing policy with Erisi was only going to make them both feel worse. "I have no trouble finding company to warm my bed, if that's what you are implying. But you? You shriek like a green in heat, taunting people to pursue you. Where are your suitors, Erisi? Perhaps you would have some friends if you would loosen up," he said sharply.

He was willing to sink lower still. His pride was hurt and Erisi's hostility put the bluerider in a  self-defensive mode. "And how dare you suggest that we do what we do as an outlet for physical frustration? If that were the case, do you honestly think you are the one I would have selected?"

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Erisi was done with just standing his ground. I'shan clearly was seizing control of this argument, ruffling Erisi's feathers in every wrong way, and Erisi's tolerance of it had snapped. He was not going to be cowed by I'shan's insults, and I'shan would have been a fool to think so. Every word out of the bluerider's mouth only incited Erisi's anger further, until he could do nothing but act on it. The conversation was bound to take a turn for the worse with each spiteful insult that poured from wet lips. So, where I'shan had been the one to step forward before, it was Erisi who did so now. It was not one step either, but enough to bring him up into I'shan's space with all the confidence his anger brought him. A physical confrontation was clearly imminent, and if Erisi was daring enough, he would throw the first punch.

His arm stretched out, the flat of his hand resting boldly on I'shan's shoulder. "I'm sorry," he spoke with mock sympathy, the syllables drawn elegantly out, "that I have standards, that I'm not willing to bed anyone in this festering cesspool of dragonrider scum. I completely understand that you, however, don't have the liberty to find anyone else outside of this cesspool to take you. I don't blame them either, I'm sure their dicks would wilt at the sight of you, vaginas would be inflamed with rashes at the thought of you." Erisi would bed no dragonrider, not now when his hate for them had been so freshly alighted. He considered himself above it. He'd partner with people who didn't kidnap innocent Holders for a living.

"I, however, do blame you for selecting me. You should have known that I was ten dragonlengths above your league." I'shan's insults had bitten him hard, but he was known for retaliating just as viciously. He considered himself a catch far more than I'shan ever would be. Erisi had enough self-confidence to endure most of the blows, but it was clear with how close he was to I'shan now that his resolve to keep his insults verbal was wavering.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

I'shan's expression tightened even more, his piercing eyes looking at Erisi with explosive pent-up rage. I'shan! You should not indulge him. Surely you can see it? He would like very much to strike you, but you are a dragonrider. You will be expected to restrain yourself better. Don't take the bait. Ilveriath cautioned. The blue often dealt with I'shan's flaring tantrums and let them be, knowing they would ultimately blow over and make I'shan feel better in the long run. This was a particularly risky one, though. If I'shan got in a fight with a candidate, his pride would be hurt even worse...in more ways than one.

I'shan paused. His dragon was right. Without gentle advice from Ilveriath, I'shan would probably be up the creek without a paddle by now. He wanted to scream in frustration, but his salvation came in a particular string of insults flung his way. Wilting penises? Rashed vaginas? Unable to contain himself, I'shan broke out into an unwillful smile and started to laugh.

It quickly turned into a giggle. He took several steps backwards, his arms wrapped around himself in mirth. His was a girilish, almost musical laugh and earned him plenty of harsh looked and jeers back in Harper Hall, but here it was just fine. He cast Erisi a wicked smile. "You know, I really think it's beneath me to exchange quips about sexual potency..." he admitted, less because he believed it to be true and more because it was a convenient way to diffuse the escalating conflict without admitting defeat.

I'shan. Calm. Ilveriath said sternly, his voice echoing in I'shan's head like an echo in a vast chasm.

I'shan wanted to frown, and mentally, he did.  He continued to bristle with self-righteous anger, but Ilveriath had a point. I'shan wanted to pity Erisi, but the boy was just so disgustingly aggressive and intolerably bad-tempered! Perhaps I'shan's willingness to denounce the boy was a preemptive effort to avoid being hurt himself.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

He was being laughed at.

There was no other way for Erisi to interpret I'shan's ear-grating giggling. For some as prideful as Erisi, being laughed at was far worse than being verbally insulted. He could take a punch to the gut far better than he could take having some dimglowed Bluerider laughing in his face. For a moment his expression was wiped completely clean, shocked to witness the man's giggling. There was the chance that he had been so shocked as to forget his anger, and perhaps that was something to hold out for. Other than backing down now, his only option was to go forward. So, it was not entirely surprising when the blank expression was suddenly filled with the rage of a Harper slash Candidate slash Resident Ass.

Erisi blacked out - there wasn't really a better word to explain the sudden and complete overtake of anger. He felt nothing but a boiling rage for the now somewhat-happy Bluerider.  Erisi had been mocked a little too much, pushed a little too far, and there was only one result:

Erisi's fist in I'shan's face.

Now, Erisi wasn't a fighter, he never had been. He usually avoided physical scuffles, but this one was just one he couldn't ignore. Fortunately, this meant he didn't hit terribly well to begin with. But, unfortunately, he was hitting with all the rage he felt for I'shan. He wasn't thinking, just acting, and there was a certain power in that pure emotion. His fist collided into I'shan's face with a resounding thud, and immediately Erisi recoiled. He clutched his fist to his chest and hissed with pain.

And then it hit him.

Well, it hit him that he had hit a dragonrider. Now he was thinking, and what he was thinking only spelled disaster for his future. He had just struck a dragonrider, and he assumed that dragonriders did not take well to their own kin being hit. In fact, Erisi was pretty sure his life was going to be over, if I'shan did not end it quickly himself and beat the living wherry dung out of him. The worst part was, that Erisi didn't even think he should apologize for hitting I'shan. He shouldn't have done it, for his own sake, but I'shan had definitely deserved it.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

I'shan watched in horrified slow motion as Erisi lunged towards him. The bluerider's laugh was cut short and a dumbfounded expression seized his face and froze his muscles in place, his entire body knocked out of commission by sheer disbelief.

Then, he was hit.

I'shan recoiled, his thin body snapped backwards by both the force of the blow and pure shock. While unfit for physical confrontation, he was tougher than he looked. He let out a dull whimper of pain and grabbed his lip, which split open on impact, sending the metallic taste of blood down his throat. Tears welled up in his eyes, tears born more from trauma and shock than pain, but tears just the same. He leaned back on the counter top and supported himself with his free arm, eyes set wide on Erisi for a few long, troublesome seconds. It was as if the air had completely stagnated.

I'shan composed himself quickly, blinking the tears away before they could fall and wiping the blood from his face. His dignity was completely shattered. Rather than lash out again, though, he spent a long moment communing with Ilveriath. The blue perched outside, agitated but not wholly surprised by the situation.

The pair spoke in silence while I'shan stared Erisi down, his eyes filled with a sudden softness, as if the blow had actually knocked the impishness out of him.

I really upset this kid, didn't I?

Now, I'shan wasn't completely remorseful, but he did suddenly realize the severity of the situation. He took a deep breath and righted himself, running his hand idly through his hair. "Wow...You have balls, kid..." he said, almost submissively.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Erisi didn't move, and for all he knew, he wasn't breathing as he stared back at I'shan's face. It was an odd moment where they shared the same exact emotion... shock. Erisi was shocked that he had even assaulted I'shan, and I'shan was likely shocked that he had been assaulted. The only upside was that his anger had completely fizzled out in place for the shock and worry of his survival. I'shan could certainly get him in trouble, and knowing I'shan, he probably would. There was no way out of the situation that Erisi had just lodged himself into. He didn't regret hitting I'shan, but rather he regretted trapping himself in a situation where he lost control over his own outcome.

Oh Faranth, he was going to get suck back on Candidate Isle. He was going to roast in the sun, and when he finally got off that giant piece of rock and sand, he was going to be peeling skin off of his body for sevendays to come. That was assuming if they even let him off. They could tolerate his verbal outcries, sure, but actually physically assaulting a dragonrider...? Yeah, Erisi's luck would be pushing it on that one. An overwhelming feeling of dread was weighing on his shoulders, and it was probably the first, and maybe the only time he actually looked defenseless. There was no anger on his face, just distress, panic over the fact that he had screwed up.

He leaned against one of the shelves, finally tearing his gaze away from I'shan. He was so doomed. He was completely doomed. Erisi wasn't going to be able to hang out with Talian any more, he wasn't going to be able to get out of his chores early. He was going to be stuck on a beach, and while that should sound pleasant enough, it wasn't. "You shouldn't have laughed at me," Erisi mumbled, unable to meet I'shan's gaze still. He knew now that running away from the situation wasn't going to do him any good. I'shan could tell the Weyrleader with the proof of his busted lip, and there would be no way for Erisi to hide from that. "I hate it. I hate this." Did he actually sound... remotely... vulnerable?

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

I'shan rubbed his lip and watched with a mixture of curiosity and remorse as Erisi wilted before him. The young man, previously so blind with rage, was suddenly paltry and sickly looking. While normally he might have been boastful or even proud of himself for vanquishing a perceived foe, I'shan couldn't muster so much as a smirk. He frowned.

He knows you have power over him Ilveriath said, his soothing voice rolling into I'shan's mind without causing so much as a ripple. I'shan took comfort in the dragon's presence. It helped focus his belligerence. "Erisi," he said, standing straight and walking towards the candidate. He kept his arms folded in front of him, his way of showing Erisi that he wasn't going to retaliate. At least not physically.

That boy blames us for his pain. Would you not do the same, were tyou in his situation? Wouldn't you prefer someone tangible to express your anger towards? Ilveriath said in a wispy voice.

I'shan agreed silently, but he still did not excuse Erisi for striking him.

He stood before Erisi and pointed at his lip. "You know what will happen to you when I tell the Weyrleader about this, right?" he said, his voice settling down to a mellow and even tone. All the anger drained out, though a glint of deathly seriousness remained in his eyes. "He would ruin you. You would belong to him, do you understand that?" As if Erisi wasn't already the Weyr's property. I'shan frowned.

"...But if I was in your position...I probably would have wanted to hit someone, too," he said. "You are frustrated, and well...I was being a prick." That was the closest to an apology that Erisi was getting. I'shan could grudgingly admit that Erisi had a good reason to be slinging fists. "So I'm not going to tell the Weyrleader. But Erisi, dragons don't lie...if I need to change my mind later, Ilveriath will back me up."

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Sharp blue eyes cut through dark strands of wavy hair as I'shan began to move back towards him. There was a light to those eyes that spoke for the young Harper. He very well was perceiving I'shan as a threat far more now than he had before. The power had shifted completely out of the palm of his hand and into I'shan's, and he absolutely hated the feeling of being powerless. He hated having no control over his own situation. It was the sort of feeling he had been fighting against ever since being brought to Katila Weyr. He knew he had no control over his life, and it was perhaps the one feeling in the world that could drag Erisi down. He was a creature that lived and breathed control, over his life, even over other's. He needed the security, solid ground underneath his feet, that came with being in control of his own life. Katila Weyr had stripped him from that, and perhaps that was why he was refusing to acclimate.

He rolled his eyes away from I'shan as the man title-dropped Weyrleader. His head was slightly bowed, allowing some of his hair to fall into his face to obscure his expression. He hated the idea that I'shan could see him vulnerable and weak. He had to get control over himself! His earlier words of 'I hate this' were far more accurate and truthful than Erisi usually was. He hated this. He hated this entire predicament. He hated this new life, and it was clear that he was about to hate it a lot more. "I've already fought with the Weyrleader before, so I imagine it would be a little worse than usual..." he answered, voice soft, but not necessarily weak. D'ren had already warned him once of his temper, and things would definitely go badly for him if D'ren found out that his temper had flared up again. "Of course I do."

He pushed himself away from the shelving, but still seemed to refuse to look at I'shan. It was a decisively evasive behavior, as if refusing to face I'shan meant he didn't have to face all the rest of the problems he had just brought in on himself. I'shan was talking again, saying he understood why Erisi had acted in the way that he had. But, those were empty words falling on deaf ears. He knew he was doomed, I'shan didn't have to prattle on about it and try to be reasonable.

I'shan finished talking, and those last words finally had Erisi's eyes back on him. There was an inner fire behind his eyes, the hard lines in his face were apparent once again. He wasn't a dimglow. He knew what I'shan was pulling on him, and it was far worse than him telling the Weyrleader what Erisi had done. I'shan was doing some backhanded maneuver under the guise of sympathy to put Erisi in his pocket. It was blackmail, plain and simple. If he was good and didn't both I'shan, the fight would be their secret.

Erisi was feeling even less inclined to be good because of it. "I know what you're doing, you don't have to wrap it up in kind words to keep my ego from being more bruised than it already is. Don't feign niceties with me."

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

I'shan sighed. He didn't like being called on his little scheme, but he expected it.

"Well, have you considered that I'm faking niceties to try and make you feel better?" he suggested, his anger curbed, though his voice remained tense. "It's my fault you're in this situation, I get that," he said, though he wasn't exactly committed to it. Tsuen and  D'ren were the ones responsible for the stealing, but how could he blame them? They worked hard to keep dragonkind alive. It wasn't as if they went to Fort Hold, pointed at Erisi and went 'Ha! That one!'

That was his doing. Tsuen and D'ren may have written the policy and giving him the order to go searching, but he was the one who plucked Erisi from his life.

I'shan closed his eyes. Everyone at Katila Weyr had lost so much. His old life was gone, his friends' old lives were gone...No one was untouched. Erisi and his fellow stolens were hardly the only ones at Katila who'd lived through hardships, but theirs were a special sort. I'shan knew this, but he tried not to think about it any more often than he had to. Actually taking them never got easier, but he trusted his Weyrleaders.

"I can apologize to you for what I've done, but I know you'll never accept it. What am I supposed to do, Erisi? Stand here and let you rage at me?" he asked, his voice dipping low and frosting over with barely-restrained spite. "Regardless of what you believe, I don't hate you. I don't have any desire to be your friend either, but I am sorry for what's happened. But my saying that doesn't make it any better," he said. He set his jaw. "So here we are. I could go and report you now and really ruin your life, but instead I'm going to admit that I was being out of line. I think I'm entitled to hang on to it all I want, though..."

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

He was slightly more susceptible to reason now, as if all the anger in his body had been released with that single punch to I'shan's face. But, that did not mean he was comfortable, and that hardly meant he was happy. He knew exactly what I'shan was doing to him, and he hated it. How was he supposed to know when he stepped over the line with the Bluerider? He hadn't bothered to get to know I'shan - he didn't need to know him to hate him. Hate was such a simplified, easy emotion for Erisi to express. I'shan probably had no choice when it came to Erisi's ire from the moment he had singled him out to be stolen. "I really doubt you're trying to make me feel better after I punched you." Erisi didn't trust I'shan, but who would trust the person who had kidnapped them? Only idiots like Talian did that.

"You can drop this entirely, and leave me alone." It had been clear for a while that Erisi had taken an avoidance policy when it came to I'shan. He would have never spoken to the man if not for having accidentally run into him. The moment they met, though, it was inevitable that the hatred he had kept at bay would boil over. I'shan was a virtual representation of everything that had caused him pain. He couldn't take his anger out on an entire Weyr. It was easier for him to focus his anger onto a single individual, and who better than the exact person who wrested him away from his life and thrust him into a new one?

There was no hint that Erisi had accepted the apology. It was clear he heard it, but he wasn't choosing to respond to it. I'shan certainly wasn't going to hear a 'I'm sorry' in return, nor should he expect to. The Harper leaned back against the wall, his mind whirling at desperate speeds to figure out a way to get him out of this situation. Either he was in the palm of I'shan's hand, or in the palm of D'ren's. And to be honest, he was sure he hated I'shan more than the actual Weyrleader right now. Would he take his chances with the bronzerider, who would probably punish him strictly because his position would dictate him to do so? Or did he take a chance with I'shan, who was likely to be more emotionally invested, who was just as likely to turn him over to the Weyrleader's hand after toying with him for a few sevendays?

"You really are bent on making my life utterly miserable, eh?" he spoke sorely, a soft laugh following his own words. He wasn't amused, but there were moments in his life where he had to laugh incredulously at the situation he had gotten himself into. "If you really were sorry, if you really felt bad about it, I don't think you'd be feeling entitled to hang this over my head. So again, you're lying to me, and I'm really sick of being drug around like this. Everyone seems to be in a rightful dandy mood to do this to me." It was happening a lot, first with Talian, and now with I'shan. Though, the situations were starkly different from one another.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

"More proof that you won't accept it, no matter how I say it," he snapped back, referring to the apology. He understood that he was the ideal target for Erisi. He decided he would let it go at that.  Unlike some of his fellow searchriders, he wasn't going to break his back and cause both of them unnecessary pain by trying to kiss and make up. He as particularly bitter now; he'd done a difficult thing and apologized out of pity. He'd admitted he was wrong. Now it was being thrown back in his face?

"You want me to just forget about this, then? Fine. See if I do," he said, his voice light and airy, as if distancing himself from the conservation. Suddenly aloof, he turned and started to walk back to the counter. He picked up the bottle he'd poured form before and took a long drink. He'd initially planned on drinking for pleasure, but now he had a reason. "There;s nothing I can do for you if you don;t let me. There's nothing any of us can do if you don't let us. But if you don't want to, I'm afraid that's your own choice," he said.

He was uncomfortable. The unfamiliar feeling of guilt mingled with the indignation of being hit. Had Erisi backed off, I'shan likely would have felt far worse. Instead, the boy was coming after him again, threatening to escalate the conflict again, albeit surely not to it's previous heights. Trying to be dignified, I'shan seated himself on a dry section of the counter. You were right, Ilveriath. I should have just left him alone...I didn't mean to do so much harm he said. He would have never admitted such things aloud. With a ragged sigh, he drank again.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

"I would accept it if it weren't encoded with this idea of using my actions against me." Erisi wasn't arguing for the sake of arguing anymore, but the truth was that he wouldn't accept I'shan's apology. He didn't believe it to be entirely truthful if the man was going to hold this encounter over his head. Erisi felt cornered, trapped by the situation he had unintentionally pitted himself in. He shouldn't have struck I'shan, he shouldn't have gotten himself wound up in this fight. But, he had an unhealthy amount of resent and hatred for Katila Weyr. It was bound to boil over in multiple occasions, and I'shan had acted as the perfect catalyst for it.

"You won't," Erisi replied knowingly. There was no way that I'shan was actually apologetic enough to let Erisi off the hook. In I'shan's situation, Erisi probably would have acted the same way, but he would never admit that to himself. "You'll make me sweat this out, and then tell the Weyrleader anyways the moment I grate on your nerves. I know this game." It was what he actually expected out of I'shan, expected out of any dragonrider. They weren't on his side. If they had been on his side, he would not be stuck here, he would not be feeling absolutely miserable right now. The anger he was expressing now would have been channeled elsewhere, and would not nearly be as intense. But, they weren't on his side, and so they got stuck with Erisi's attitude.

"So, you go ahead and play it. Afterwards, I'm done being everyone's favorite toy." He didn't care anymore if I'shan told D'ren about the punch. He assumed it would happen eventually. Erisi would be burned for this, it was better to steel himself for that moment now than sweat it off.  The Harper didn't care if it looked like he was backing down now, because he honestly couldn't handle anymore of this confrontation. Turning on his heels, he quickly exited the storage room, shutting the door behind him so I'shan could enjoy his victory drink in peace.

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)