World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 04.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

all work and no play [open]

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Archived
S'jin was making boots. He had choosen to use the same color as the jacket and belt that he had made for his friend  I'shan.  He had been working long and hard most of the morning on the project.  Minx and  Lana were  chirping quietly on the table as they watched eyes swirling with  colors. but he was paying neither of them any mind cause he was so focus on his work.  He reached for a piece of hard leather only to find it snatched from the table and moving quickly skyward and finally he looked up. Claus had gotten  hungry and decided that he would get  S'jin's attention right now.

S'jin swore softly under his breath  of course he didn't realize he had watchers in the room probably laughting at his exspense now that the flit ran off with his leather  that he was just working with playfully.  S'jin wasn't amused  later on he might find it funny.

"bring that back you silly little brown, right now." S'jin demanded softly he didn't yell at Claus though he knew the little brown was just playing.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Nevani looked up when she heard the swear, and chuckled. She had been very unsuccessfully trying to make a leather belt that would be a bit more elegant than the plain draby  one that she owned. Watching the little brown flit around with the leather was just humorous enough to brighten her mood despite her now multiple failed attempts.  Her smile was bright and genuine, and her light eyes sparkled.

Then she looked down at the strip of leather  she was trying to cut in soft waves and frowned. It was horribly uneven and looked more like a strip of scrap leather than a belt. She was really close to just giving up, and settling with the plain belt she had. An audible sigh escaped as she tossed the third strip of ruined leather away. Perhaps she needed to learn more about crafting leather before she tried again.

A hand ran through her hair to untangle the long strands, and she looked back up towards the little brown. It would be nice to own a firelizard,  she thought. Surely that was company that she couldn't easily anger, and it seemed that it would even be fun. She was stareing,  but she didn't realize that she was.

PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

S'jin heard the soft chuckle and turned as he finally realized that he wasn't alone in the crafthall. "Oh  sorry I didn't mean to disturb you. " He appologized quickly and quietly  feeling suddenly shy and  knew he probably looked pretty silly  cursing and chasing after his brown Firelizard.  He raised a hair to his hair and ran nervous fingers threw his hair brushing it back from his face. His focus leaving  Claus and commting to attention of the Lady that was present in the room .

S'jin was relived though that it appeared that she was smiling and happy  rather then cross at Claus antics.  Minx decided at this moment to  scold Claus who soon landed back on the table and finally dropped the blue hard piece of leather sole that he had been reaching for.  S'jin had to chuckle himself now at Minx acting like a scolding mother to a young disobedient toddler.

His eyes shined with merriment and a smiled graced his lips now as the nervousness of the moment left him and he relaxed more.  He noticed she threw the strip away that she was working on. " I hope we didn't mess up you project? "  he inquired softly.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Nevani shrugged at the apology, finding the statement a bit odd since it wasn't needed. She regarded the small gold as she scolded the small brown, and couldn't help but to smile again. The man's nervousness didn't go unnoticed, it was simply taken for granted, since she was, after all, probably the most beautiful woman residing in the weyr. She held her normal posture of squared shoulders, and straight back, head held high. She wasn't afraid of people, she simply misunderstood them and they, her.

As he relaxed, Nevani had started to stand, but hesitated when he asked his question. "No, no. I simply know not how to work leather, and it turned out harder than it appeared." She wasn't about to ask for help, doing so would mean spending more time with a person and possibly causing a brief good encounter to become a horrible longer encounter. Yet after she had replied she didn't resume standing. Maybe, it would be beneficial to at least try once more to make a friend. She was, after all, lonely despite her intentional avoidance of other people. 

As she paused, however, she struggled to come up with anything else to say. Then as if suddenly sparked with a brilliant idea, some of her pride in having found something worth talking about showing in her voice, she asked, "What are their names?" She was looking towards the firelizards, and there was some actual curiosity in her tone.

PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

"Well the playful brown is Claus. He also likes food very well too.  and the golden beauty is Minx. and the green  is Lana she's the most mellow and cuddly one." S'jin introduced them one at a time.  He loved his little group of firelizards and most of the time they were pretty well behaved even with Claus's playfulness. He would listen when  S'jin was seriously annoyed.

He knew green Araith was  outside resting up, While he was working on the new pair of boots.  "So what were you making that was giving you such a hard time?  I was currently working on blue boots for one my friends.  I been working with this new colored leather a nice blue.  Thinking of  doing  some pale green next if i can get the coloring just right for the leather pieces. "    S'jin was gonna make a set of greens to match his lovely Araith. 

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

She smiled hearing each of the names, thinking that the names suited each one. She could also hear the love and pride in the man's voice as he spoke of each one. One of her inner walls was now gone. She decided that she liked the man at least enough to try harder for conversation. Love was a passionate emotion, and passion was usually a sign of a good person. Or so she believed.

Hearing his words, Nevani realized that she hadn't even thought about trying to color the leather for her belt, and realized that she really didn't know enough to be working the leather after all, and she smiled ruefully, in the acknowledgement. "I was attempting to make a more lady like belt. I didn't even think of using dyes." She laughed, "I really shouldn't have even tried without at least some knowledge in the craft." she admitted. Again, she refused to ask for help. She would learn from watching, or maybe work to earn a better belt. There was more honor in doing it that way.

"I like the blue. Its a really nice color. Not sure that a light green sounds all too appealing though. I'm not fond of bright colors." As blunt as ever she spoke, probably taking away completely from her compliment of the blue with her opinion about the green. She might have liked the sound of it better if he had used an adjective such as 'forest' or maybe even 'deep' but light meant that the color would be bright, and bright colors made Nevani look like a ghost. Bright green just wouldn't do.

PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

S'jin smiled and peeked over watching her expressions around the firelizards. He was delightfully proud of his own but he also knew that some still weren'St all that keen about them. He was glad that she wasnt like that. She seemed pretty nice. 

" I been working on  a theme for a friend of mine's gifts, He had done something special for me and course I am wishing to pay him back with my meager skill at leather-working at least. " His face turned a bit pink as he thought about it but he quickly recovered his composure and hoped she dinna really notice.

S'jin though about her opinion  of  the light green.  " hmmm ya may be right about it being to bright.  And most  do not like the brighter colors.  I really should remember that when i start experimenting I do tend to go overboard with trying new ideas.  "  Araith wouldn't like it one bit if i made something that clashed with her hide.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Nevani listened to the young man as he spoke of his work for a friend, a returned gift, and thought it to be a sweet notion. She didn't really have much to say in reply to the information, so she kept quiet as he then continued about the green. When he mentioned Araith, she then realized that he was a rider, witch brought to home where she had seen him before. Nevani loved to watch the dragons from afar when she could spare the time to find a spot to climb and be alone, though this usually ended up with her daydreaming.  She smiled a soft small smile as she heard that the dragon had better sense of color than her rider, and her eyes hinted at an inner glow.

"I suppose it really wouldn't do to clash with her. If I remember right, she's a beauty." Nevani was sure that she most likely remembered right, for it was hard to forget such a delicate sight of a dragon. Though she hadn't seen the green more than perhaps three or four times. Living in the weyr, though she had probably seen all of the dragons at least that much. Her eyes got distant as she thought about her wish to ride a dragon of her own, and her smile faded as she also remembered the complications that she had to overcome to even be considered a candidate. A hand absentmindedly went tough her hair to untangle it as she thought, then she pulled herself back into the present. "I should probably let you finish your work, I wouldn't want to cause your gift to be given later than intended." She then began to stand, gathering the tools she had been using, so that she may put them away.

PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

"Oh, no it’s not really any trouble at all. I can finish my work anytime; I'm actually pretty quick at doing it.  Lots of practice and hard taskmasters make you learn skills quickly. Course loving it also helps as well but then i guess you wouldn't' want to go into a craft that you were not good in."  S'jin smiled warmly at the woman as she started to pack up nothing her gathering up some tools.

He looked over at her and smiled even brighter.  “You know really if you even need any help don’t hesitate to ask. I’d be happy to help you with any leather projects you have  or if you need any tools  or whatnot. Lots of things go easier when you have access to just the right tools as well. And long as you return then I don’t mind sharing.”

He ran his fingers threw his hair. He reached down and patted Lana softly on the head as she chirped  softly in response.  Claus finally came down to see what the fuss was all about since no one was paying attention to him and  Minx started to clean herself and sat quietly still as a statue when she finished.  She let the others admire her beauty like the little golden beauty she was

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By:
@Kiren

This is a necromancy tagging. Please view this topic for more information.

SP Team

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 500 Posts!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)