World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

Gotta getcha grove on [Vaelya]

K'ton
of Brown Ironth

Date of Birth
Height
6'
Eyes
Blue
Build
Trim
Hair
Brown

Threads

Written By: Jenn
He whistled as he made his way towards the kitchens. A pretty girl and a pretty meal was what he was after and if he had his way he'd have both. Not necessarily in that order. Crooked grin firmly planted on his face, K'ton pushed his way into the kitchens calling greetings here and there as he went. Ducking around the kitchen matron he filched a fruit before sweet talking a pretty little kitchen drudge into filling him a tray. And was rewarded for his efforts by a delightful proposition and a tray full of steaming food. 

Balancing his tray in one hand while he crunched a bite from his fruit, K'ton scanned the room as he entered the dining hall. He scanned for a likely dinner companion and possible bed mate. Ironth's winning of Lith's flight had done a number on his perception of himself and he was near desperate to find a willing partner. He knew that he couldn't change the dragon's lust or what would come in the morning but it never stopped him from feeling like shit about it. I do not know why you worry so much about how you look to others K'ton the brown in question told his rider quietly. Ironth did not understand K'ton's aversion to greenflights. They were fun. Its not so much what others think, Ironth. Its what I think, he replied even quieter. It was difficult to explain the feeling to Ironth, after all greens were female not male so the dragon could not and would not ever be hung up on the same things as his rider.

I still do not understand. It shouldn't matter to you either Ironth said with a touch of confusion. K'ton scowled slightly, Just drop it, would you Ironth? He felt Ironth retreat from his mind, most likely to dwell on what K'ton had said. The brown was forever trying to figure out the workings of his rider. Sometimes he did but most times he did not. Scanning still, K'ton's vision stopped abruptly. A dark hair vixen with smoldering brown eyes was seated just to the right of him. A beauty he'd been trying for the last few turns to settle into his bed.

Striding with purpose now, K'ton came to a stop at her table and not bothering to wait for an invitation to sit, he slid into the seat across from her. Grinning as he grabbed his fork in one hand, "Vaelya! How is the most beautiful woman in the weyr this morning?" he asked before taking a quick bite of his food. "Everything is well with Evritt?" He couldn't remember exactly when he realized that the excited stolen candidate had turned into a woman but when he had he'd tried everything in his power to get her in his bed. Thus far she'd been able to decline all his offers. But he was wearing her down he was sure of it.

PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Vaeyla
of Gold Nadioth

Date of Birth
10.06.712, 33
Height
5'6"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Toned, Slender
Hair
Medium brown

Threads

Written By: DeeStar
Half awake, Vee was stabbing at a piece of fruit when her friend, well as close to a friend as it got for the time being, dropped himself into the seat across from her and threw all his cheerful charm at her. Friend indeed, more like a giant pain in the arse but he was amusing at the very least, and always so...K'ton. She wasn't quite certain he considered her a friend, as he was probably more interested in her because she refused to sleep with him than anything else. She gave him her very best bored look after a dramatic eye roll and popped the bit of fruit in her mouth, chewing slowly, considering her words before saying, "Hitting the wine a bit early today aren't you K'ton? Eyes gone bad on you?" She wasn't sure why he continuously tried to flatter her, it never worked on her. Well....next to never anyway and maybe someday she might actually give into his charms, but then she would probably lose her bantering partner, and what fun would that be? Currently he was the only one she could go back and forth with in the way they did, and not worry about getting knocked on her ass for it.

When he asked about Evritt her expression softened and she gave him a smile and a nod. "Yes he is well, thank you for asking. I swear he just won't stop growing!" Her eyes lit up with the pride that reflected in her smile for a moment before she went back to stabbing her food. She knew it was out of the norm for a mother to want to bond with her child, most just had their children and dumped them in the creche, never to bother with them again if they could help it. Having had a horrible mother daughter relationship she had vowed her relationship with her son would be better, given the circumstances. Anyway she could anyway, she would make sure he knew she loved him to no end, and of course talking about him, even with K'ton, was one of her favorite ways to do that.

After taking another bite of fruit and finishing it she asked, "And how is Ironth? Do tell him hello for me please." She would have asked how his children were, she didn't know for certain but there were always rumors that he had fathered a fair few, but she had never known for sure if he claimed any of them. She gave him a cheerful smile as she waited for an answer. She liked his dragon, he was almost K'ton's opposite from what she could tell and was a very level headed brown. She rested her chin in the palm of her right hand, dark eyes on K'ton, amused grin on her face as she moved the mood around on her plate without really looking at them much, her thoughts instantly wandering off. She still had hopes of Impressing her own dragon, perhaps a pretty green, though she wouldn't mind being one of the few woman to Impress a blue. She had no high hopes of ever Impressing a gold, all the girls who impressed golds seemed so much more ladylike and quiet then she was. Any gold dragon would have to be out of her right mind to choose her.

K'ton
of Brown Ironth

Date of Birth
Height
6'
Eyes
Blue
Build
Trim
Hair
Brown

Threads

Bored she may look but K'ton's sharp blue eyes spotted the grin that she barely suppressed as she rolled her eyes better than he could have. He chuckled quietly at the words that came from her on the heels of his flattery. It wasn't really flattery. Well it was but wasn't. For once in his life, it might be that K'ton was serious in his joking flirtations. It was an odd sensation really. And not a little confusing for the brownrider. One of these days he would figure it out and when he did, K'ton would be lost. But for now, a little fun never hurt anyone.

"Wine? Never touch the stuff. Bad for your health," he grinned as he answered her, "If anything, my eyes are as sharp as ever, my bright eyed beauty." His breath caught - just a bit - at the bright smile that graced her face at the mention of her son. "I hear they do that. Quite a bit in fact," he laughed at her comment about his growth. Children. He was sure he had some floating around here and there but whether he wanted to take an active role and actually look for them. Well that was the question. He probably didn't and wouldn't take much of any role with the bastards that he'd created. It just wasn't in him. The father material that everyone came with seemed to be missing from K'ton.

He comforted himself in his bond with Ironth instead. He didn't need to be a father to anyone. He was a dragonrider. It was what he knew, what he was good at. Maybe if he analyzed it a bit more he'd find himself frightened at the prospect of letting a little boy or girl down. But as it were he just shrugged the feeling off and contented himself with who he was now. "You know if you came to visit every now and then, you could ask him yourself. He likes you. Did you know that?" he asked, "Crazy brown just jabbers about you. Vaelya this and Vaelya that. When are you going to bring that pretty Vaelya to visit and her sweet little one too" He mimicked the brown nearly perfectly, though whether the statement was true or not was to be seen.

Vaeyla
of Gold Nadioth

Date of Birth
10.06.712, 33
Height
5'6"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Toned, Slender
Hair
Medium brown

Threads

Dark eyes watched K'ton as he laughed at her, and that had her considering throwing a tuber at him, but again that would devolve into a food fight, then cleaning, and she really didn't want that. She would throw something at him later, away from the dining hall, where they wouldn't get in trouble for it. If there was one thing she enjoyed it was harrassing K'ton, well when he wasn't trying to get her into bed. The man was absolutely relentless with his efforts and she was proud of herself for continually denying him, though occasionally even she wondered why she bothered. It wasn't like she was a virgin and scared to death of him. A flickering sad thought ran through her mind but she ignored it, but knew it was most likely the biggest reason she still refused him. She knew it was a silly reason, but she couldn't handle that happening to her again, once was to much and what would she do if it did happen with him? She would never be able to look at him again, and that would be a terrible view to lose honestly. She snapped herself out of the dark thoughts that didn't seem to want to go away, she wouldn't ruin a perfectly good day with that. Not today anyway.

He spoke again and she gave him a crooked grin and shook her head. "Yeah right. I believe that like I believe the lake will dry up tomorrow..." She grinned at him and popped a bit of cheese in her mouth and chewed slowly, lifting a brow slightly when he mentioned his eyes were as sharp as ever. He did have nice eyes..even she had to admit that..she liked blue eyes, especially blue eyes that held laughter like his did. She still felt he was full of wherry shit however, especially when he complimented her again. "Oh Faranth help me...twice in one sitting? I think we need to take you to the Healers Hall to see about getting your vision checked.", sadly as amused as she was trying to be, every so often his words affected her in a way she didn't want, and so her cheeks tinted slightly at his words and she went right into talking about Evritt and his antics in the creche to change the subject off of her for a while. She did not want him thinking he had broken her down and had a way to get to her, even though she did sometimes get lonely, and she knew good and well he would fix that for her. She just couldn't do it.

She gave him an honest smile and looked down at her plate, stabbing at the food again, but finding she simply wasn't hungry anymore. When he asked if she knew Ironth liked her she looked back up at him, surprise on her face. "Really? I wasn't aware he thought so highly of me, or of Evritt." She looked at him suspiciously for a moment, a smirk on her lips before she could stop it. "Are you sure you're not trying to use him as an excuse to get me into your hut so you can plot to ravish me?" Again she felt heat in her cheeks and huffed softly, averting her gaze so she wouldn't get caught looking at his eyes. They had to be her favorite of his features, and most likely, one day at least, they would be her downfall. "Using Ironth's good name to try and get me to come over...terrible of you really..", she glanced at him from the corner of her eye once she was certain she wasn't going to get away from herself. Once again she had the faintest of smiles on her lips as she waited for what would most likely be an over dramatic denial of all charges, so she could laugh as she always did.

K'ton
of Brown Ironth

Date of Birth
Height
6'
Eyes
Blue
Build
Trim
Hair
Brown

Threads

He gave her a cheeky grin, “Best be prepared then.. Sure as I’m sitting here, it’ll be dry tomorrow!” He enjoyed their easy banter. It was always light hearted and could generally cheer him up in a pinch. Between her and Ameris, K’ton was set for life in the friend department. Not many men would admit that two of his best friends were women, especially around here. Most women were viewed as chattel, as less than men but K’ton knew who the back bone of the society was and it certainly didn’t have any dangly bits between its legs.

“I never would’ve thought such a lovely lady like yourself would have such a hard time believing compliments, Vaelya. You must get, what? A hundred a day?” he said lightly. He’d wear her down one day. He smiled as she went on about Evritt. He almost wished – almost, just a pinch, mind you – that the boy was his. She was incredibly proud of the accomplishments of the toddler and deep down he wanted to see the mother of his child or children speak to him of them with such pride. But it would never happen so he soaked in the stories of Evritt and his antics.

“Oh sure! Like I said he talks about you two all the time. Can’t get the brown beast to shut up for two seconds,” he said with a chuckle. It was true. And not. Ironth did ask after Vaelya in her son, but not as often and not as insistent as K’ton said he did. His blue eyes widened at her accusation with feigned horror. “Vaelya! I would never do such a thing,” he exclaimed with a dramatic clutch of his chest, “Why that just breaks my heart that you could believe that I would do something like that!” It was difficult keeping a straight face as he declared that, especially with Ironth immense amusement broadcasting through his mind.

Vaeyla
of Gold Nadioth

Date of Birth
10.06.712, 33
Height
5'6"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Toned, Slender
Hair
Medium brown

Threads

Vee laughed and rolled her eyes at him when he replied the lake would be dry the next day. "And how will you give your lovely Ironth a bath then, if you cause the lake to dry up?" She said playfully, her voice full of amusement. She had always been glad for K'ton's company, even if he was a bit of a horny bastard. He had never tried to force himself on her so either he was full of it or more patient then any man had the right to be. Either way they had an easy kind of friendship that had come in handy over the last few turns when things were rough. And he never acted bored when she went on and on about her son, which won him favor in her eyes. Most riders didn't give a damn about kids unless they were theirs, and even those were few and far between. K'ton always listened like he actually cared. She wasn't sure if he actually did, but it meant a great deal to her that he listened.

She lifted a brow at him as he spoke again. A hundred a day? She shook her head and gave him a smile as she toyed with her food. "Now K'ton, why would anyone but you want to bother trying to compliment me? And you just do it to either A, irritate me, or B to try and lure me into your big, strong, manly arms.", the last of which she said with a coy smile before she slowly plucked a bit of fruit from her fork, laughter reflecting in her dark eyes. She caught herself in the flirt to late, and though she was still smiling she looked down and stabbed another piece of fruit like nothing had happened, held it up and looked at it like she was once again bored. It was hard to sit there pretending to be bored with the blue eyed man, there was rarely a time when she saw him not smiling or being friendly. It was all very appealing really. She just wasn't going there.

When he continued on about Ironth she still looked at him skeptically. "Somehow I doubt he talks about us quite that much. Perhaps I should wander out into the weyr and ask him myself.", she challenged him with a lifted brow and a sly smirk which completely deteriorated into a full blown laugh in response to the reaction she had expected her words would bring out of her friend. She leaned her head back with a full joyful laugh that lasted a few moments longer then she had meant it too, not that she could help it mind you, especially as she saw he was trying to fight a losing battle with his smile, before she took a deep breath and chuckled a bit more before answering him. "Break your heart indeed K'ton. I have a better chance of breaking Ironth's jaw then breaking your heart.", she teased before flinging the piece of fruit on her fork directly at him, flashed him a devilish smile and gracefully got up to toss the remainder of her food, which she was sure to be fussed at for, and put the dishes away before going back to K'ton, leaning against the table with her hip, arms crossed around her stomach, still smiling as she said, "Tsk tsk tsk K'ton...you're so very messy."

K'ton
of Brown Ironth

Date of Birth
Height
6'
Eyes
Blue
Build
Trim
Hair
Brown

Threads

He watched her skeptical face with a feigned horror and heart ache, "Would I tell such a lie, Vee?" He couldn't stop the grin this time and it bloomed along his lips as he fought to keep the laugh contained. "Perhaps you should. He would be absolutely delighted if you came to visit him you know," he replied before clutching at his chest. With a gasp and a stutter he lamented, "Oh! There you've gone and broke it once more Vaelya!"

You are utterly ridiculous Ironth sighed in his mind, Am not!, he shot back. Ridiculous indeed. He was far from ridiculous and if the smiles and chuckles Vaelya was currently rewarding him with were any indication, he was indeed winning. He opened his mouth once more to spout more flirts and lovely comments, when a rather large and rather juicy bit of fruit sailed through the air. It struck him in the forehead - girl was a good shot apparently - and landed with a muted thump on the table next to his plate. Oh.. She was gonna get it, he thought as he narrowed his eyes at her retreating back.

He was armed and dangerous when she made her way back to him to stand looking quite smug against the table. Luckily for him  and unluckily for her she was standing rather close to him. With a wicked look K'ton reached out and gripped the fabric of her dress. With a triumphant look, he jerked her to him. With devilry in his eye, K'ton simultaneously stuffed some of his red fruit down her blouse as his mouth crushed hers. He wouldn't take the kiss to far, didn't want the kitchen drudges to get the wrong idea about him and Vaelya. A nibble here and a nibble there and he released her with his own smug smile upon his face, "Worth it."

Vaeyla
of Gold Nadioth

Date of Birth
10.06.712, 33
Height
5'6"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Toned, Slender
Hair
Medium brown

Threads

She couldn't help but laugh at K'ton for his answer to her accusations. The man was absolutely incorrigible and she had to admit, she really loved it. A vast majority of the people in Katila were scared, sullen, or just plain nasty. K'ton was absolutely refreshing when compared to all that, especially for her, who tended to be a bit melancholy on occasion. She let him continue his rantings, noticing they were getting looks from the next table over, which caused her to avert her gaze, grin and flush yet again, from pure embarrassment. "Oh for Faranth's sake!", she hissed at him playfully.  "You are ridiculous!!", she laughed again in spite of herself, completely unaware that she had said the exact thing that Ironth had at nearly the same moment. She shook her head before placing her chin in her palm, trying to hide the growing smile that graced her lips. She had given up trying to fight it, it hurt to much to do so as silly as that seemed.

Her brown eyes watched him for that brief moment when she flung a piece of her fruit at him and then of course she was away, using the excuse of throwing her food away to distance herself from him. Which was useless, she should have walked past him, out of the dining hall, that would have been smart, but instead she had stopped to tease him one last time, though she really should have known better. He was a dragonrider, he had reflexes she probably would never have, which he almost instantly put to work clutching the front of her dress, tugging her close enough to drop several pieces of still cold fruit down her top. That in itself had earned a gasp of protest, which was instantly cut of by his lips crushing against hers in a heated kiss that had her whimpering before he nibbled at her and let her go, leaving her breathless, shocked, and all shades on red imaginable.

She barely heard him say 'worth it' and saw that ever so smug look on his face that annoyed the hell out of her. That was all it took for her to slap his shoulder so hard her hand tingled and likely would for a while and instantly had her shaking it against the stinging, heard someone laugh, and rolled her eyes. It wasn't her fault! He deserved it and worse! The tingle in her hand was no match for the burning tingle on her lips however, nor the fluttering of her heart, or any other such reaction that kiss had had on her body. "Shit!", she hissed then narrowed her eyes at him slightly, trying to avoid the looks they were getting. She would have liked to do more then smack him, but that would come later, for that moment she reached down the front of the top of her dress, grabbed the fruit he had dumped there with some effort, gave him a smug look of her own, reached out and squashed the fruit on top of his head, turned as gracefully as possible and took off at a rather fast walk, head held high to try and keep what little bit of pride she had left. Running from the hall would have looked too much like embarrassed fleeing, this was..getting out of the line of fire quickly! She didn't turn around to see if he followed her but couldn't help laughing when she heard someone behind her yelling about a mess and sped up until she was out of the hall, she wasn't hanging around to find out how much trouble she was in, she would deal with that later. This was not how her day was supposed to be going, though she had to admit, it could have gone a great deal worse, and she supposed, might still.

K'ton
of Brown Ironth

Date of Birth
Height
6'
Eyes
Blue
Build
Trim
Hair
Brown

Threads

A smug grin grew on his face at the blush that bloomed across Vaelya's cheeks. He'd managed once again put one there. It wasn't difficult that feat but it was certainly entertaining. Plus he'd gotten a kiss out of it. It may have been a touch one sided but it was a kiss nonetheless and one that had made his prim and proper Vaelya whimper. The sound had instantly hardened his body to an uncomfortable point and even now as he watched her breathless and panting caused him to shift in an attempt to lessen the discomfort, chair tipping back slighting.

His discomfort and smugness was short lived when the dark haired woman slapped the flat of her hand against his shoulder. He started to laugh at her as she shook her hand against the sting in hand but his laugh quickly turned panicked as the force of her blow tilted his already ready tipped chair. His breath flew out of him with a very audible "Oof!"  as he and his chair hit the ground with a loud clack and he lay blinking at the ceiling above his head. Before he could recover and flip his body back into an upright position Vaelya leaned down and smashed, and smeared the remnants of his red fruit against his head.

He stayed there, partially in shock.. Okay mostly in shock as the room filled with chuckles and cat calls. Someone shouted a rather descriptive suggestion for pay back but K'ton just shook his head as he struggled to his feet. He turned to scan the room for Vaelya and couldn't catch a glimpse of her. Damn the girl was quick. He stood in the chaos of his leftover breakfast and waved a drudge over to clean the mess. He flicked a large chunk of redfruit of his shoulder before taking another from his other shoulder and popping it into his mouth. As he swallowed the piece he threw back his head and laughed.

Figure we could close this one and start another! ;)

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)